IMG_4536 (resized).jpeg
432458935_10161391757882700_9203589995855484710_n (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315_080654_Outlook (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315_080645_Outlook (resized).jpg
IMG_0323 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2953 March 2022 Video Update from Haggis with Fathom 2.0 Gameplay Posted by Micky (2 years ago)

Post #7094 Some news Posted by Grantman (68 days ago)

Post #7123 Follow-up email response from Damian Posted by Grantman (68 days ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gold1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#993 2 years ago

Clearly this must be the Aussie collective of Pinside as I have never seen such a number post like this before?

3 weeks later
#1255 2 years ago

Just want mine (number 28) shipped to Geelong

#1257 2 years ago
Quoted from Screwloose:

If I lived in Geelong I would happily drive to Melbourne to pick my machine up.
lol I'm thinking about driving from Taree to pick it up in my Brumby.

I have a Proton Jumbuck that would do the job.

1 week later
#1274 2 years ago

I reckon Klondike would be a good remake as part of the five.Was a favourite when wagging school.

2 weeks later
#1352 2 years ago

hardly a remake if there is no coin door.

#1378 2 years ago

If one cares to look at the Mermaid prototype the coin door showing is very much a feature on this machine. Quite brutalist in style .Any extra artwork along the front of the cabinet would be too much IMO.

1 month later
#1564 2 years ago

is anyone out there?

#1566 2 years ago

Things are too quiet here! Just checking that there are no tech problems? Or is everyone sad that the Tigers missed the finals?

2 weeks later
#1587 2 years ago

Very quiet here on Haggis Pinball. Guess lockdown has tired everyone.

#1589 2 years ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

Nope all good, should see my Celts next week.

expect a detailed review then!

2 weeks later
#1606 2 years ago
Quoted from c818919taylor:

Are the LCDs required for the 2.0 license or is that going to be some DLC that can be added to the classic (through emulation?)? #sbc
400 Billion stars in our galaxy alone…
And submarines call for FAR Part 30 & 31/DFAR Subpart 225.73 & Arms Export Control Act (22 U.S.C. Chapter 39).

?

2 weeks later
#1684 2 years ago
Quoted from jardine:

It's interesting that Haggis has had to close. They are manufacturing, as is my business, and we didn't close.
I am actually in the construction industry side of things and even with the 2 week closure of this industry...we still didn't close.
Couldn't find an updated permitted industry so if someone does...feel free to correct me but the photo shows who can work and stay open.
I just know that a lot, A LOT, of small businesses are operating through lockdowns because...well...tbh...f*ck the government!
[quoted image]

As someone has already mentioned they did not close.I am in the construction industry as well and it really has been a struggle to get supplies of timber,trying to get a truss manufacturer to fill your order earlier than a six month wait,and even just recently I finally got stairs installed on a job that were due 5 months earlier!Covid has shot everyone to shit so it is no wonder a new pinball manufacturer is struggling to get parts from overseas.Just be patient and hope that our Dan does not decide to put the entire state into a curfew lockdown because someone dared to disagree with him.

#1692 2 years ago
Quoted from mtn-:

Haggis posts alot of interesting stuff from manufacturing on Instagram.

KristianiaFlipperselskap.Now that has to be the top scrabble scoring word of the year!

1 month later
#1756 2 years ago

History has shown that pinball manufacturing is not easy.Haggis have not only started up at probably the worst time but in the worst state for Covid lockdown time.There is no doubt that this would slow any business down.Try ordering a new car today(as I have done recently)12 months if you are lucky waiting time.The thing that I do not want Haggis to do is to cut costs on these machines because that would be retrograde A bit like the Heighway Alien pinball versus the remake.Lost count of how many comments have been made about the cheap quality of the remake.Haggis needs to push quality over costs IMO as there will be plenty of buyers lining up to purchase a great product.

2 weeks later
#1787 2 years ago
Quoted from bane:

It’s not hard. Just tell us what is going on. Not too much to ask, really. Some might call it common courtesy.

Reckon their last post covered it all as to what is going on? Seriously look outside your window and you will notice things have changed, and not for the better.And for those that are wanting can have deposits refunded or do what seems to be the go around Pinside is to buy and pitch a higher price NIB, etc.What happened to the genuine players I wonder sometimes??????????????????????????????????????

#1814 2 years ago
Quoted from bane:

Man, I must have missed the Kool aid party some here apparently attended. I’m not sure if there are Haggis employees posting in this thread, or just some who are just that enthusiastic.
I don’t care if the manufacturer is Australian or from Atlantis. No nationality is more or less likely to produce a pinball game or an air conditioner. Stop with the jingoistic responses.
What the hell is going on? That’s what we want to know. Tell us. And no, I won’t be quiet about it. We have been patient enough.

If you are not happy put your Mermaid spot on Pinside and offer it there.Clearly that is what many others are doing with GNR,Godzilla,and the rest.

3 weeks later
#1923 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

I used the room for this.
[quoted image]
ZeroRegretsPunkin

From the guy in Gippsland? How does it play?

#1925 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Yes from Geoff Frazer the creator.
It's beautiful to play. I can't stop and I've been playing 10-20 games a day for weeks.
I've been tuning it at the same time as playing. Have an MRS coming from Sonic for the horseshoe loop where the rollover doesn't always register. Did the backglass in led's, had the lot in there but took 25 led's back out the other day to give the real sunset view. Have new bumper caps coming as it only has two originals (and they don't fit the caps). Using this art for the caps, spinner and standup targets once i line up a printer.
Also have titan clear rubbers coming, will be doing black flipper buttons etc. Still thinking about blacking out the rails and adding the purple black shine to parts, dunno about that yet, but one of my players for sunday comp is a powder coater.
[quoted image]
It's the most beautiful pinball machine I've ever seen and I am so lucky to have it.
#6 of 7 and the only black one in the world.
It's basically a Bally 8 ball in the playfield and the rules. They don't have the greatest reputation, but my second favourite machine is a Hankin Orbit1 that has nearly identical playfield.
Single level games are my favourites, so looking forward to Celts and Mermaid joining the lineup.

Had a chance to pick one of these up(there were three available at the time) but a TZ owned by a Bally exec in mint condition took preference.

#1928 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Little birdie told me that the silver and purple Melbourne Storm coloured one may be coming up for sale. It's in Western Australia.

Thanks mate, he has done an exceptional job. I don't know who did the art, but they captured the decade of surf culture perfectly. Wish Cap'n goodvibes was on it.
It will be cleaner again when i finish it with the little touches i'm planning, and will always be somewhere, for someone to love. Very tempted to send it for a full resto. The outside is really nice, but i'd love it to be shiney and new inside too.
Anyway, Haggis!

WA you say ? Nobody allowed in or out!

#1931 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Luckily you don't have to move a body. Just a pinball machine.
Freight still moves mate.

Not that simple in our current climate.Been waiting for a new billiard table order from the west since August.Deliveries to Vic have slowed considerably.

#1937 2 years ago
Quoted from jokerpoker:

Way better game and deal.

Yes TZ is a special game and this one is extra good given the third magnet.

3 weeks later
#2104 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer31520:

Bought Fathom because I thought Damien was a nice and honest person. Kaneda Podcast is spot on despite the haters here.
Haggis pinball deceived us with the production timeline and continues to do so. Were any machines shipped in January as promised ?
Some here say Damien will not give them a straight answer. The fact is Haggis is burning money and Celts did little to help the finances.
All of our deposits were spent on Celts and if Fathom is ever produced we will be all asked for money up front to help pay for it to be made.
Then even more of our money will be in their accounts with us having nothing to show for it but empty promises.
The virus cannot be blamed for the dishonesty and noncommunication from Haggis.
WHERE ARE THE PRODUCTION PHOTOS OF HAGGIS ON THE LINE? SHOW PROOF OR SHUT UP.
They will never make it treating customers this way. I did get a koozie and some stickers for my thousands invested.
ok fanboys jump on this post. like Jack Nicholson said " You don't want the truth - you cant handle the truth ! "

I see you have 133 machines in your collection.And you mention that you have invested thousands with Haggis.So how many machines did you purchase on pre order in your collection,and what amount with Haggis?

#2111 2 years ago
Quoted from PinPatch:

Apart from the covid BS lockdowns us Melbournians have gone through over the last two years it is almost impossible to get factory workers of any skill level.
There would be signs for 15-20 jobs within 300 metres of our business in an industrial area. I have never seen that in the 30 years I have been based there.
Not making excuses for transparency but no one would have seen this job demand 6 months ago.

Totally agree with this.It seems that people are happy getting any sort of Covid payment rather than wanting to work.Others seem to be shit scared that they will get Covid so they stay at home.Governments of all persuasions enjoy putting fear out there,so controlling.

#2142 2 years ago

Okay given the last post from Atlanta I think it is time to mass the troops at Haggis head office and storm through the gates.We have no choice..........just ask Putin

1 week later
#2229 2 years ago
So a couple of thousand invested? See you have a poll going for about 25 other machines that are on back order with other distributers on Pinside. Reckon that Haggis should be left alone from your diatribe ATM.......

#2231 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer31520:

dont understand your post . dumb

The point is that Haggis are not the only manufacturer out there with machines on back order.Does that compute in your little brain?

#2234 2 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

I really wish there was an option for choosing powercoat colors for the Mermaid like they did with Celts. I understand why they didn't because it's easier to make one type, but I really don't like chrome.

The chrome looks great and fits the overall retro look IMO.

#2251 2 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Stern is running their line flat out on a dozen titles, Haggis only has to produce one.
Does that compute?

If you cared to look at the poll that the pinsider is running,there are many manufacturers in delay.And as far as Stern is concerned how long have they been going?Easy to pick on a start up company is it not?

#2253 2 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

I see it does not compute.
Stern is shipping product as quickly as they can get them off the line, Haggis is not.

Well perhaps you should pass on(if you actually have an investment with Haggis) to someone else rather than shit can a new company?

#2301 2 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

You guys are making my case for me.
To answer your question, I have already stated my interest but clearly not listening.
Bye.

Yea shit stirring is what I am listening to.

#2328 2 years ago

Reckon he could be Tim Winton's brother.

#2330 2 years ago

Why? are we speaking about the same person?The author?

#2340 2 years ago
Quoted from Rjbdmdmd:

keep it professional. fashion and hairstyle posts about pinball manufacturing personnel (all companies) although amusing should be below the level of discussion of what we want in the forums.

Not sure where you are coming from re this but if you cared to look at a picture of Tim Winton,the author you actually might see a resemblance to Damien from Haggis Pinball. Nothing malicious,or defamatory IMO just an innocent comment on my behalf.My question to you is are people allowed to express their views,make comments,even suggest changes without the fear of others imposing restrictions to comments made because it MAY offend someone?

#2440 2 years ago
Quoted from d0n:

Only 5 more days until a new update video is released! 3/1/22 I'm betting! GO HAGGIS!

Sorry we past that date!(In Australia)

2 weeks later
#2655 2 years ago

For those that are feeling a bit edgy with their deposits with Haggis,I will take over two more at the original amount.

#2676 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Haggis hasn’t- that’s just some of the natives making up that excuse. They are just trying to turn things rather than face the real answer as their way of trying to push the questions away.
As you point out - it makes zero sense. Of course those same natives ignore those who have sent emails and don’t get the answers either.
It’s the same old song and dance… dosge, deflect, repeat

Do you actually have skin in the game?

#2689 2 years ago
Quoted from chalkup8:

hey gold 1 . your pinball collection is fake .
Are you Haggis ?
This thread is turning into a shit show . Where the F is the game ?

My pinball collection is fake????????What do you know to make spurious comments like that? Is that a Sunshine thing?

#2698 2 years ago

Look at the Haggis Owners thread I created as well.

#2747 2 years ago

Just another reminder for those genuine owners and deposit holders go to the Haggis owners thread,admit your skin in the game,and hopefully the trolls will stay away.

#2750 2 years ago
OK I will bite. What does that all mean?

#2805 2 years ago
Quoted from mjmpin:

All, I have an opportunity to purchase a restored original Fathom. Although I have not been overly concerned about the timing of getting my mermaid from Haggis. After a long self debate, I decided I want to have the original.
So - if anyone would like to have my mermaid slot through a US distributor, please message me and we can arrange a deposit transfer, i.e. you make a deposit and mine will be refunded. Already cleared with my dealer. I have been advised my slot is "mid run"
thanks!

Strange?????????????????????

#2845 2 years ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

Is there a private group for people that have a Fathom on order? If so, how do I join?

Go to Haggis owners club,mention your skin in the game and you are in.

#2846 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

You either don't read my posts - or are so wound up you can't see clearly. The argument of "no skin in the game" is so tired and trite. If you see something you don't agree with, counter with something more convincing. The "no skin" argument is just a deflection to try to silence people saying what you don't want to hear.

You still pushing the shit cart I see.I asked you whether you had skin in the game and got no answer.You finally came clean a couple of posts ago but still you find the need to stir and stir.Go and actually play pinball somewhere rather than piss in people's pockets in this thread.

#2853 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

You created your own safe space to shelter in - Why are you even here?
I didn't have to come clean - those reading along have actually had this conversation before. I just didn't feel the need to answer your meaningless question. Now don't you have a safe space that needs tending?

Did npt feel the need to answer my meaningless question? How pious of you!So you just reckon you can go around and hang shit on all and sundry because you are special? And why am I here?Because I have skin in the game,and more than one which clearly is much more than your piss arse interest here on this thread.Like I said before actually go and play pinball and stop trolling here.

#2954 2 years ago

Oh dear, now what will the naysayers and trolls do?

#3172 2 years ago
Quoted from Screwloose:

And I wonder... If Damian were to swallow his pride, turn round & say "Sorry guys... I but I am going to need to increase the price per machine to get them built or I will go under." How many of you guys will accept the "State of the Nation" & accept a price increase?

Not sure what you are banging on about here? If you paid a deposit for a fixed price item then that will be honoured.Now the shipping scenario within Oz is vastly different to shipping from overseas.This I know as I have purchased a machine from the Us and air freight was three times higher than twelve months ago.Remember also it was FREE shipping within Australia with Haggis.

1 month later
#4065 1 year ago
Quoted from c818919taylor:

Arent they too busy with a Frasier reskin?

I'm waiting for alex to post an unboxing video of his #30 mermaid. What's the tracking info on that game alex?

Why unbox,nobody actually plays pinball here,they just speculate don't they?

#4067 1 year ago
Quoted from Screwloose:

No time for pinball. Too much commenting, speculations & assumptions to make. I'm sure I will get around to pinball one day.
I have a few machines here.... I might Google how to turn them on.
After that I might Google how to turn the missus on.

Yep clearly seems to be the case around here.......

#4129 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballypinball:

If you knew 1% of what i know it would send you into a Spin. Rather be smart enough to realize not to use customers money like all the rest have and failed.

Well put it in writing then.

2 weeks later
#4359 1 year ago

careful you guys,got a 48 hr ban from the Haggis Owners thread I started because I had a go at our friend don.Great moderating that????????????????

#4393 1 year ago
Quoted from Cobray:

I consider pinside to be a large sampling of the pinball community and treat posts as such in every thread, not just this one. Sure having a deposit down on a game means you're into it for money, but I'm not sure how that somehow translates into being the only ones that can speak to the circumstances we are seeing with Haggis.
People put deposits down and were told the balance would be required when the machine was boxed and ready.. that is NOT happening. At what stage should anyone be concerned?

Try being a builder in Australia at the moment.Supply and labour issues abound.ONE component,base material to make laminated beams that used to come from Russia and the Ukraine is causing major headaches in the construction industry here.So relating this to issues that Haggis are also probably having to deal with it is no wonder there are time delays.Those that continue to badger and whinge about their obvious speculator deposits are of no help to anyone and only cause grief and anxiety.So far what has been delivered by Haggis no one has complained about the quality which for me is far more important than waiting a long time and then receiving an inferior product that was rushed out to appease the speculators.

#4400 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

Can anyone summarize the situation?? If I was to buy somebody’s spot, is there a worry about if the games will be built and shipped?
I just wouldn’t want to pay ‘extra’ above the initial deposit to get in on a chancy situation.
Thanks

Agree as above. I see a spot open for 2.5k on pinside but do not pay over the odds.Having said that if anyone wants to sell their direct from Haggis pre order spot for original Oz amount let me know.

3 weeks later
#4788 1 year ago
Quoted from RA77:

Haggis has achieved more in under 3 years, that jjp has taken 6 years.
Amazing work Haggis.

I think your comment needs to be scrutinised by the moderators as being too positive!

5 months later
#5824 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

I know someone in the states that has a order in and has sent their cash, and he's being super quiet about it publicly and doesn't want to cause waves.. he only wants his game lol.
I am of the opinion that there are a lots of buyers here doing the same thing, staying low and keeping fingers crossed that they get their game. And I am not saying anything that I believe Haggis will or will not deliver... only what I think is going on by poking around some with buyers or "funders".
I would estimate that there are several dozen people that have sent their cash in advance and there may be almost a quarter of a million dollars (U.S.) advanced before games are shipped. What is shocking to me is the lack of numbers of actual games being seen in the U.S. given the number of buyers here. I know Cointaker has one, and there are a few, but this far along with so much money being sent out, where are all of these games? Even when TBL was held back and coin taker got a batch, we saw a lot more of them when they shipped and those were certainly low numbers.
I can't imagine that there are dozens of US buyers just waiting a half a year for a container to fill up... if you bought this game and have waited this long (and you are a buyer in this hobby of games), the $1500 shipping cost doesn't seem out of line. I've paid $600 to ship a game in the U.S. alone, and when you buy a NIB stern you can get almost $1K in taxes and shipping when you buy an LE.. so all of a sudden all of the Fathom buyers are the hobby cheapskates unwilling to pay for expedited shipping?

So you know someONE and that is enough information to come up with the quarter of a million USD figure? Any chance of next weeks lotto numbers?

#5826 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

It's somewhat funny you mentioned the lotto... because to buyers sending full payment to a company 1/2 a year ahead of the game being ready to ship when the company said the payment would only be needed at the time the game was ready to ship.. it kind of is the lotto. Now I'm not saying people aren't going to get their games or are in fact going to get their games... but the production has been amazingly slow and lots of money going one way without games going the other way.
I've been watching the numbers closely (order numbers especially and who's sent $$), and how it compares historically to other boutique pinball releases, and while people are getting just the bare minimum to keep them happy (no updates and the once every 2 months picture of a new game someone got in Australia), is it really enough? I've owned my own business and slow and low is NEVER good for the long term.

order numbers and money sent from that someONE you know???????Too much crystal ball gazing here IMO

#5834 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

I mean, you could say that your blind defense is... even worse. Yes, I know an exact order number that was paid for in advance and according to Haggis, they are shipping by order number as long as the person pays up front when requested (there could be a swap in order number if one person pays their invoice before the other if invoices are sent to multiple numbers and the latter number pays first). I know of order numbers that are much farther in number that were also paid in full that are sitting unfulfilled. Even if there are a few numbers that don't count (for whatever reason), there are still a significant amount of pre-pays out there. And by pre-pays, I mean machines PAID IN FULL as though the customer is buying a finished machine.
I admire your blind defense, but if we're being honest here Haggis is NOT TRANSPARENT and went from frequent updates to rare updates, to NO UPDATES as time passed. And that coincides with more payments being made in full in time. Not the best pattern, don't you think?
I want Haggis to succeed.. but in order to succeed, people need to receive their NIB paid for pins! At this rate, it will be 3 years for the rest of the Mermaid editions to get built and shipped... especially to the USA.

So you have all this information from someONE? Must be the bookkeeper at Haggis?And it seems your real beef is you want to buy an original Fathom from the someONE who has an order in with Haggis and that someONE has paid in full and is waiting to receive the machine?

1 week later
#5923 1 year ago
Quoted from Rjbdmdmd:

The individuals who are touting receiving their machines and not disclosing their order number, date of purchase and series ticket holder status when asked are complicit in haggis deception.
I got my machine and everything is great without disclosure should not be an acceptable community standard.
I paid my deposit when asked and they as told me 8 weeks and some machines were being shipped. I had my doubts and entering 12 plus weeks now since payment, I am now very unhappy. I may sell my spot or pursue other options depending on Haggis's response.
Everything is not great with Haggis and the emperor might not have any clothing.

Just to clarify you have only paid a deposit?

#5928 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Pretty sure he’s just talking about a deposit.

That’s a bit rich. If you go back and follow this thread I’m sure you can work the time periods out. I’ll happily share info, just got to look it up at work.
Here’s an overall timeline from another post I made in CGC thread, together with some other manufacturers for comparison:
- Haggis Mermaid - Deposit paid 27/4/21, received 27/10/22 - 548 Days
- Spooky HWN/UM - Deposit paid 15/7/21, received 20/10/22 - 462 Days
- CGC CCR LE - Deposit Paid 2/12/21.......... If the Australian container left today it would be about 60 days to me, so 380 days so far Plus 60 days - 440 days and counting.

Well if he is talking about his deposit,which given his comments about selling his spot Boo Hoo!He should sell his spot then and stop this litigation type speak.In fact I will buy it off him for the same price he paid for it.

#5954 1 year ago

I just noticed another NIB Mermaid edition hit Pinside for sale.Serious does anyone actually buy pins to play anymore?????????????

1 month later
#6165 1 year ago

Don't you just love it when people piss and moan about a machine not arriving as expected,but when it does they put it straight on Pinside unopened and ask a premium price for it?More front than a department store.

#6182 1 year ago
Quoted from Cobray:

First and foremost, good for Haggis and this beautiful, quality built machine. If it was garbage, the resale price would not stand IMO.
Machines are arriving in the USA and it's glorious. The fact that some sent full payment and were promised a 2 month timeline for shipping after said full payment and were at 5-6 months without a game and expressed concern... bothers you? And then, after said game arrived, which happened to be almost 2 years after they ordered the game, you are critical that they aren't keeping it and asking over what they paid when the sell it? IN THIS HOBBY?? I don't know if I'd call a 2 year wait and putting $10K out for 1/2 a year "more front than a department store".
I don't want to repeat what others have said.. but.. this is the pinball market and I think the Haggis Mermaid Fathoms are probably worth paying up for (my opinion). I saw one at Cointaker, and there was nothing that felt cheap or cost cutting about the game (unlike the new Sterns). Quite the contrary, it just oozes quality and fullness.

Look I guess the issue I have with those that want to play the market rather than actual pinball is they should stop moaning about timeframes etc as for them the only HOBBY is to make a buck,hence the unopened box,not played advertisements.

#6187 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

I totally understand the moaning for the delays at Haggis and feel the moaning was somewhat justified back then... and I am on the side of Haggis and want them to succeed. I think you're missing the point why there was so much moaning though- Haggis stopped communicating with everyone, normal updates stopped, and things changed all of a sudden.
I think things have been smoothed over now though.

Yea the friend got the machine and you quickly posted the unopened product on Pinside for a premium.Smooth..........very smooth.

2 weeks later
#6218 1 year ago

And I was suspended for questioning this guy?????????????????????????

1 week later
#6267 1 year ago

Where is my machine?????????I need it !Too slow.I need it!What is Haggis doing???????I need it!I have paid and I need it!Arriving new in box,will sell for 15k (firm).Serious pinball players out there...............

#6279 1 year ago
Quoted from Cobray:

I'm not sure why you care so much about people wanting their machines and then doing what they want with it. Jesus, look at every single rare/hard to get game (which this is) and it's in EVERY SINGLE THREAD. Get over it.

Simple really,I get pissed off with those constantly complain about not getting their machine and when they do they try and flog it off without even playing the thing.Sure if they want to do that there is a market.Just do not waste space moaning here.

1 month later
#6334 1 year ago
Quoted from Aqua1122:

What are you talking about? You make no sense.

Think he means your only motivation here is to shit stir.

2 months later
#6406 9 months ago

OK if all remaining Fathoms are to be made by the end of the year I will bare my arse in Bourke street. Only way will be if idiots signup and pay money on another Pyramid scheme 100% trading whilst Insolvent

One should be careful when making comments like this because that bare arse just might get bitten

1 week later
#6422 9 months ago
Quoted from John_I:

For years I have been looking for a Fathom. I used to tell friends that a Fathom on fire would sell at auction for $5000. After seeing crappy worn out Fathoms going for $5000+, all I wanted was a new Fathom with LEDs and modern board set. All the other bling, projectors, chrome, plastic playfield, however many speakers and the 2.0 software means zero to me. That's why I ordered a Classic Fathom. Many times over this long wait I have wished that this all had been handled completely differently. If you are going to remake games, remake games. If you are going to completely re-engineer games, re-code the games and spend ten times the effort, create new games and let someone else remake the classics.
If I was king, these would have been made and sold at a profit for less than a Stern Pro price. Sure go ahead and fix any software bugs and maybe add a skill shot or ball saver, but make it run on the Alltek Systems board set. Have a nice solid cabinet with high res decal or even painted stencil. All new parts. Wood playfield. Real backglass. LED displays. Done. Sure you can offer an LE too for those that want it some simple bling upgrades. Just knock out simple, new, nice re-pop Bally games. They would probably already be on the third game by now.

Looking at your shop,reckon you can play king and start producing your own pinball machines.Easy don't you think?

#6435 9 months ago

Unlike Haggis I have the money to support my comments.
when are Haggis going to give the Fathoms they owe to all that created the game and promised.
Where is Lachlan, where is Scott where is Stuart, where is Greg, where is Duck Pinball all that are left are dumb and dumber

So you have the money?Rather back someone who has had the balls to continue a business that clearly got caught through no fault but had to endure lockdowns ,parts unavailabilty,and price rises left right and centre.Easy for those that watch from up in the stands and be critical.

#6448 9 months ago

3 more coming this way and one is mine, woo hoo!
[quoted image]

And I heard they were not making anymore....................................................................

#6450 9 months ago

THIS IS PROFESSIONAL PHOTOSHOPPING

AI AI AI!

#6458 9 months ago

Not at all, its just i am 10 mins away and know all the ex staff and the owner of the building, and hear the same stories daily from my customers paid in full 8 months ago and still waiting, take a deposit sure, balance when games are ready.

Not bitter at all?Really?Daily news from your customers?Do you reckon you could have done better?Any pinballs for manufacturing coming out your way?

5 months later
#6663 3 months ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

My opening question was a rhetorical one. The point of my post was to share how disingenuous I felt it was for Damien to use the pandemic as an excuse as if he was caught off guard.
Haggis makes a superior quality product and I'm glad to see they stuck it out despite the adversity, but being over two years late on a stated 6 month build is a significant miss.
In addition, I believe they have painted themselves into a corner with this 5 game series of Bally remakes. I don't see games 3,4,5 being viable. They won't represent a value at Haggis' current pricing relative to those in the secondary market. I believe they shelf the program after Centaur.

Reckon the secondary market is immaterial when it comes to delivering an upmarket product.Also it comes down to the titles being on offer at the time.If you are serious that Haggis were not caught off guard about the Covid situation I think you should look into the massive amounts of insolvencies that have occurred during,and post pandemic.I am in the construction industry and well and truly still feeling the effects of stock shortages and the cost rises.IMO Haggis have done extremely well for a non vital sector of the market

2 weeks later
#6691 3 months ago

got mine last Saturday.

#6714 3 months ago

As a Bally Licensee the game must have product Liability Insurance, they should be shipping you new power supply and pc a year ago.
all the money has gone, anyone any good have already jumped ship.

See you have returned to shit stir again.Not sure what your beef is?Got my machine last week........or was it just the cardboard box? Better check................................

#6741 3 months ago

Well someone who has been in the Industry for 30 years
There is no Reason to Pay anything more than a Small Deposit until the bloody game is built! If you need money to run your business go get a loan or mortgage your own house instead of using customers interest free loans.
Customers are all un secured creditors with no chairs when the music stops.
I am Glad you got your game but many who have paid in Full haven't.
Maybe we should start a list of who has paid in full and how much and still waiting, I bet it adds up pretty quick.

So is that your beef?30 years in the business should tell you something sure but shitcanning other businesses because you clearly did not have the balls to produce your line of pinballs does not cut the mustard.

#6777 87 days ago

and Attention Pinball Enthusiasts,
It has come to our attention that many new Stern pinball games are being sold privately in Australia at inflated prices.
Whilst there is nothing we can do to control this and for the benefit of the pinball community at large, buyers need to be aware that private sellers/auctioneers are not governed by the same consumer laws as legitimate suppliers/manufacturers/businesses.
AMD’s warranty has been and continues to be non-transferable between ownership.
If you buy a new pinball from a private seller/auctioneer, your recourse is with whom you buy the game from.
AMD will always continue to support all new Stern Pinball games with service, parts and technical support, however warranty is not transferable between ownership.
This is not an invitation for discussion or debate, buyers just need to be aware.

And you are here on this thread because?????

#6793 85 days ago

You are 100% wrong I still assist several Licensees with help and the more manufacturers the better, I hope they make thousands of games, it's taking full payments and not supplying games is what i have a problem with.
No need to pay 100% upfront and wait 6-12 months for any game.
I still have certain rights which I won't make public as it formed part of the agreement and our working relationship.
PPS paid me a lot of money and should be able to get a return on that investment. Remember the more manufacturers the more games and parts I sell, so why would i be against any Pinball Manufacturer licensed or not, makes no sense.

You keep saying that you have a shitload of money,lay it on the table produce your own line of pinballs stop shit canning others and I ask again why are you on this thread?

#6796 84 days ago

Why are you here, How is your Heighway Alien Going, Because like PPS more money in Licensing parts and sales than manufacturing
So its ok for them to Promise to deliver a Product in 6 weeks if full payment is made 7 months ago but deliver nothing and that puts pressure financially and even refund requests are ignored, it will all come out where is Kaneda.
I think Damien should spend less time on his failed property venture https://hartlandplace.com.au/ and more on getting these paid in full orders out.

Why am I here you ask?Well given this is a Haggis thread and I own 2 Haggis machines which is 2 more than you do given the vitriol you spout about Haggis.My Heighway,well lucky I chose not to purchase from you.When is your line of pinballs coming on the market?Can't think of a suitable theme?How about Wayne''s world? For the pinball player full of himself.

#6798 84 days ago

Wasn’t it meant to be crock hunter or am I thinking something else?

Nah that was crock of shit version 1.0

1 week later
#6821 76 days ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

Oh, crap!

Sheesh!
Y'all, I had no idea it had gotten this bad. I knew they didn't finish as promised, but this is ridiculous! I seriously like what they're doing, but I'm quickly losing faith. I would've loved to order a Centaur, but I'm kinda glad I didn't. I hope everyone gets their machines.
(I should point out that a buddy and I decided to air ship our games and they suddenly became available a couple weeks later.)

Not surprising re air freight.Do not have to fill a container before shipping

#6854 75 days ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

You are correct. It doesn’t. When I paid in full in Feb ‘23, I opted for container shipping. I was told 12 week build time. Then a container went out to the US around August and my game didn’t make it on. It wasn’t built and ready. I was told another container should go out this month or next, but my game still isn’t built. They are at least communicating with me, but I wouldn’t think I see this game before June. Last I talked to them a few weeks ago air freight wasn’t an option because the game isn’t built. So, the wait continues. I fully admit I am the idiot here. I am generally a very trusting person in life and give people the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise. Hindsight is 20/20, but I should have walked away from my deposit and waited. They are easily available now for less than I will have in the game if I get it. I wasn’t smart enough to see that at the time.

You mention a container going out in August.How many fit into a container I ask?20,40?Irrespective of the amount it is clear machines are being built and as I mentioned in a previous post got mine 3 weeks ago.Can understand some here are frustrated but going on about vendettas etc surely will not help.

#6859 75 days ago
Quoted from Khabbi:

It's only fair that anyone who has paid in full and has waited 6+ months should be able to get a refund if they want.. the money was supposed to go to a completed game, and if that is not there and the game has not been built, a refund should be issued..

I love it when people piss and moan after they buy a machine like you did and want to flip it and find the market is not responding the way you want.And then spray shit onto the supplier after the fact.Many others buy machines to actually play and enjoy.....................

#6863 74 days ago
Quoted from Cobray:

Stop being a shill for Haggis, it's a bad look for you. I know you're from Australia and you're buds with them. It's no wonder you are here to trash the people that have paid money and are customers to Haggis like THEY are the bad guys here.. The customers haven't broken any terms or expectations. If anything, the Haggis customers are the ones that believed in the company. Now you are saying that buyers of games should not be able to sell them after they received them YEARS after they initially expected to get them? Ok bud. Comical that you'd attack a paying customer and defend what Haggis has done.
I think you said before that people that didn't own games or have something invested into Haggis shouldn't have a say, now you're saying that owners of games should just shut up? Think you need to reread my last post and not add things that I did not say.

Those T&C were broken right out of the gate by Haggis when they started taking money not only weeks before a game was ready to ship (they said when they were ready to ship), but now months.

#6938 73 days ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

PB serves the Eurozone, which was roughly 40% of B/W's market in the 90's.
They have no problem since they can live off their domestic marketplace.
All the raw materials are either in their backyard or can be moved in via train. Easy and cheap.
How much of the Haggis output is consumed domestically? 5%?
Where are the trees you need? Half a world away.
Makes a lot of sense.
For the record, I haven't called you anything nasty in the previous 100 pages, nor was I being nasty to you now.
I don't know who set you off, or who you were fighting with before, or what the issue was.
The issue I brought up is Haggis is structurally unsound.
I don't know Damien or whomever else is over there, maybe they are pinball geniuses, I don't know.
In my opinion, you can be a thinktank and design house anywhere.... it doesn't mean you produce your product in the same place.
If they were smart and want to compete: push production to the USA. It would instantly double or triple sales and production.
VW sucked it up and designs in Germany and builds in the USA. Same with Toyota. Same with BMW. Same with Mercedes. Same with TSMC (soon).
No offense - just facts. It's not personal. Haggis needs to course correct now before it's too late. Would you prefer to lose a little pride about building in Australia at any cost and end up burning players when the doors close? Or be sustainable and survive in the long run?

Where are the trees you need???????????Australia is not Antarctica.Plenty of tree species in Oz.

#6944 73 days ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

Does it have the ones you need however? Stern uses Russian bitch with a maple laminate ..... CGC whatever B/W used (probably Canadian hardwood). Whatever company, you need old growth (cold climate) forest for the hardness factor and dense ring formation (similar to how guitars and pianos need the same type of formation to be really good).
Steinway gets rock hard maple from Alaska for their piano soundboards, as does Mason and Hamlin.
No one uses warm climate woods for applications needing a good hardness factor of any larger size... if they could, they would: it's a lot cheaper.

Australia is mostly a desert, and is warm everywhere. It has eucalypts trees as their primary hardwood - everything else is softwoods: completely unfit.
See above. Their logging industry is TINY.
Does Haggis import the wood for their PF's? Of course they do!!! If a domestic solution was available, they'd use it. Trees from half a world away.....
Structurally unsound business model.

Seriously if you are going to quote something make sure it is true.Australia has the hardest tree species in the world.Ironwood.And your notion that a colder climate country produces a harder species is also not factual.

#6985 72 days ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

Is Haggis using ironwood to make their cabinets and playfields? No? OK, then who cares.

Typical stupid retort from someone that does not understand the context.

#6986 72 days ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

And who uses this Ironwood for PF's? Oh right.... no one.
Lost in the weeds, and avoiding the real question......
Eye on the prize: debunk my contention that Haggis has an strategically unsustainable business and production model driven by their chosen manufacturing location.
You may not want it to be true, but it is.
Next.

As I mentioned previously you make false statements. Then you turn it around to a business model issue.And it really shows your ignorance.

#6990 72 days ago
Out of curiosity you joined Pinside in October last year and have been damning to Haggis all that time.Do you have a deposit/are you waiting for a Haggis machine? As I said just curious.

#6997 72 days ago
Quoted from Cobray:

Disagree. Several Aussies on here have attacked anyone that asked simple questions or showed any concern. Gold1 even attacked an owner selling a Mermaid, chastising them as a "Flipper", etc. This was a customer and someone who actually supported Haggis.. and THEY were the bad one, while absolving every single issue or concern about Haggis and Damian as "OK". [quoted image]

Reread his post and then mine.Anyone that moans about not getting a wanted price on a pinball machine is living in fairyland.And yes anyone that buys a machine with the intent to sell when received is flipping and testing the market.If you have a problem with that comment feel free to give me a counter argument.

#6999 72 days ago

Looking at the Pinside Mermaid Fathom machine details I read that 91 Pinsiders own the machine, 105 on other pinsiders wishlists and 5 at locations.Clearly machines have been made.Can one assume that there are a good number of non pinsiders that also own the machine?Or do we think there are 105 fully paid Pinsiders that are waiting for their machine to arrive?For the detractors out there perhaps contact all the wishlisters as they are listed to find out.

#7003 72 days ago
Quoted from Khabbi:

Hi Gold1,
Your assumption and attack on me as a "flipper" was ridiculous and surprising.. but I see why now that I've read this thread. I never said anything about price except that "I was SURPRISED no one wanted my machine at a $2,000 loss". You took what I said and made it a negative for whatever reason (to defend Haggis or something, like you appear to do throughout this thread).
For your information, I bought my Mermaid Fathom because of my absolute passion for the game.. I was super excited and got in early, hence how I got LE#4. I love the 1981 Bally/Williams games, including Centaur, and I honestly thought I'd be buying a Haggis Centaur also. I purchased the Mermaid Fathom because it was exciting to see all new code and a high quality build for a game I love even though I own a high end Restored Fathom (one that I would say is THE best playing Fathom I have ever played also, btw). For the record, I also own an incredibly nice/minty Centaur, and a (undocumented) HUO Medusa (yes, home use only). I am very happy with my '81 collection as it sits and had no idea how the Haggis Fathom was going to end up, but I wanted to give it a chance... and I have been nothing but supportive of Haggis throughout the entire process. I want them to succeed, and put my trust into them by sending them my money and waiting also. Very happy I got my machine even though it took so long. Ask your buddy, Damian. There was zero grief and nothing but support from me.
In the meantime, I played several Haggis Fathoms in other peoples collections (including at TPF), and while they are great, I realized I absolutely could not get rid of my High End restored Fathom and obviously didn't want both at the same time in my limited lineup. I love my 1981 Fathom, and I know it would be a mistake in the end to get rid of it. On top of that, when I ordered the game I had much more room in my floor plan, but it took over a year more than expected to get it, and during that time I became packed with machines and needed room/didn't want to put more games in storage. I still held the game in storage just so I wouldn't regret moving it too fast (again, I got #4, so if I was flipping, it would have made more sense to dump it right away).
As far as being called a flipper, you couldn't be more wrong. I bought my first pinball machine in 1999, and since I have owned almost 100 pinball machines. I also collect and have a decent size collection of original 80's arcade machines. I started slowing down in about 2018, and with the games I sold over the years, I realized I never wanted to sell if I didn't have to as I missed some of the titles I lost. Since 2020, I HAVE ONLY SOLD 2 MACHINES total.. the rest I have in my collection or controlled climate storage. I don't need to sell the Fathom either.. I don't care if I have to keep it!
So please, tell me why the personal attack? And like some have said, I don't see one post where you draw conclusions about what Haggis is doing/what they have done.. surprising given how it appears to be a trait lol.
Here's my collection of 1981 Bally/Williams btw. Again, if things were better and pricing was similar, I would be highly considering buying a Centaur. I did talk to Damian at TPF extensively also, great guy! I almost bought into the series ticket as a matter of fact.
I wasn't going to respond, because it was obvious that you are just abrasive to most here.. but now I have.
[quoted image]

Personal attack not at all! You did post that your machine was not getting any bites even though 2k under.Why put it out there I ask if you do not expect a response good or bad in your mind?My reaction was from reading your post that it griped you that you could not sell your machine for your asking price and certainly so soon after getting the machine.You say that after purchasing 100 machines only two have sold.Fine that is irrelevent to the post I was banging on about!Abrasive to most?That is your attack/defence????If questioning posters comments is abrasive,I am guilty.This Haggis thread clearly has had and still does have imposters with a different objective and that is why I started the Haggis owners thread a year ago.Has that stopped those that want to hang shit and have no skin in the game ? No. Abrasive enough for you? BTW never met Damian,nor have I spoken to him verbally so no not a buddy.Why do I seem to defend Haggis?For one,when they started it was during the worlds longest lockdown in Victoria Australia.Bring it up on a map you will notice unlike a previous poster it has trees!Also the pinball gig is hard to say the least.And I know the business enviroment for me was truly hard and I am still overcoming the hangover from that.I am prepared to cut them some slack.As my previous post indicated machines have been made and I reckon still are.

#7004 72 days ago
Quoted from Mark000:

I paid in full last November still waiting

paid in October got mine 3/4 weeks ago.Reckon it will come.

#7074 70 days ago
Quoted from Grantman:

We are here. I put together this list just from the last few pages:
dyopp21: paid in full (Classic) in May 2022 (!), not built or shipped
thekaiser82: paid in full in February 2023, not built or shipped
Amused_to_Death: paid in full in May 2023, not built or shipped
John_I: paid in full in October 2023, not built or shipped
Grantman: paid in full in October 2023, not built or shipped
Feel free to post here if you are also paid in full and still waiting for your Fathom so we can get a fuller picture of what's going on.
If they never set aside games for the container, there will never be enough games to fill a container.

So we now have a list of five that have paid and not received their machine.As noted on Pinside 91 have.5 on public locations,and 105 on their wishlist.Based on the figures at this stage less than five per cent(96 machine owners) are waiting.

#7077 70 days ago
Quoted from Boof-Ed:

You know people can say they own the game without having it in their possession? I wouldn’t be using those owners lists as confirmation of ownership. 3 of those five above are on the owners lists and don’t have a game.
Only Haggis really knows how many are out there and I don’t think they will share that until they are all made.
Perfect example here. Definitely not 100 pulp fiction owners out there.
[quoted image]

And it actually works the other way as there are owners on Pinside which are not on the lists.And yes Haggis only know how many have been built.Probably more than we think IMO.

#7091 69 days ago
Quoted from Grantman:

How do you know this?
Cointaker is a dealer? How did they ship them 5 games? Container or air freight? If it was a container, where are the rest of the games?

What's the matter Grantman?Getting sweaty because games are being shipped?Keep finding fault...............

#7098 68 days ago
Quoted from Grantman:

I didn't see any answers to my questions. I WANT games to be shipped, obviously, but see no evidence of this. All I see are paid customers like me waiting and waiting. Jarson and Pinchild paid in full and had to wait OVER A YEAR before their games actually shipped out. That's ridiculous. Meanwhile, no update from Haggis in 5 months.
It's just nonstop spin with you people.

And it is non stop fault finding from you.

#7100 68 days ago
Quoted from LORDDREK:

Yeah it’s a real stretch to find fault in words like “recapitalize” and “further delays” when one has paid in full several months earlier…

Yes like paid several months earlier and got my machine.What irks me when someone continually bitches and finds fault with Haggis when machines are still being built and shipped.

#7155 68 days ago

Ryan C has nothing to do with Haggis, Its Marty who works for Haggis, I feel sorry for him. Using Bally IP adds credibility to a company like any licenses, they needed to do the spooky model, buy parts to build 20 games at a time from a Parts Supplier. Not manufacture every part themselves and re invent the wheel like their flipper bats that break. They can't slow down any slower than a couple of games a week other than close down the factory and go back to making 1-2 games a week from Home, reduce overheads.

Now is your chance to be the white knight.You have mentioned previously that you have plenty of money.

1 week later
#7282 57 days ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

I've sent a few logs to Aaron at Fast for my game freezes. All single player experiences.
1 year plus of ownership...Still chasing ghosts.
I hope you guys that are having issues are sharing that information as well.

I have had no issues to this stage.When did your problem arise?On arrival or later down the track?

#7298 56 days ago
Quoted from Grantman:

In the absence of any substantial details or plan from Haggis, all we are left with is speculation and more questions.
Are they going to build/deliver some of the games, all of the games, or none of the games that were paid for?
How much money/time do they have left to keep the company running if they don't "recapitalize"?
Will partial or full refunds be given if they are unable to build/deliver the games after a certain amount of time?
And so on.
As paying customers (many of us have given them money in either deposits or have fully paid for games), it is entirely appropriate that we ask/discuss these questions. It is the responsibility of Haggis/Damian to provide answers.

If If and If. Any amount of speculation amounts to nothing till the end result happens.Just like I could speculate as to why you have 30 games on your wishlist(including fathom),yet do not have a single game in your collection..............

#7301 56 days ago
Quoted from Micky:

Ahahahaha that's not d0n. No wonder you are one of the most blocked people on pinside.

Looking at your collection and wishlist no Fathom?Why are you here?

#7325 55 days ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

So let me ask a weird question. Let's say Haggis does fold and takes their money with them like we've seen countless companies to before: will the people here backing them feel bad? Feel any remorse at all? Or is this all part of "always back an Aussie?" I'm curious what your thoughts would be, cheerleading people into pissing their money away?
Hopefully this doesn't happen for everyone's sake, but if it did.... how will you feel?

As you said weird question.

#7326 55 days ago
Quoted from Jagrmaister:

Only Haggis knows. And they ain't telling. It's their little secret.

if I told you less than 50 would that make you happy?

#7327 55 days ago
Quoted from Micky:

Not everyone keeps their info up to date, but you continue trying with your agenda. It is entertaining watching you show everyone your lack of intelligence as a simple search would have show you the below post in another thread.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-machine-did-you-bring-home-today-post-your-pictures/page/562#post-7979630

No agenda,just asking reasonable questions as it clearly seems some on here are the type that talk crap.Do not put yourself in that category.So you got your machine.Do you like it?What do you not like about it? That would be useful to know for pinsiders here.And keep the lack of intelligence comment to yourself.Not helpful.

#7328 55 days ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

Yep its our fault if they go under, but not Punkins fault if they rip anyone off. Woke up again today thankful that my brain isn't as broken as some peoples.
Hopefully my brain continues to function properly so I don't end up a lonely old weirdo who lives in a steel crate in his mates shed.

This is exactly the shit that irks me about some people.Just who are you to judge where and how people live?Do you think you are better or does your brain that you talk about not have any empathy?Hopefully the next time you wake up your brain will be clearer and not so judge mental.

#7332 55 days ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

So many people like that who make you scratch your head or want to pull your hair out. Lack of self awareness is mind boggling.

lack of self awareness? Scratch your head all you like.So you as well as the post you are referring to suggests to me that your empathy towards people is shit as well?

#7333 55 days ago
Quoted from gold1:

lack of self awareness? Scratch your head all you like.So you as well as the post you are referring to suggests to me that your empathy towards people is shit as well?

And I notice I have mis read your post.I apologise.

#7393 54 days ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

I'm normally not so judgmental until somebody proves themselves to be incompetent over and over and over again with no self reflection on their stance at all despite an ever growing mountain of evidence. When somebody lives in some sort of alternate reality where the things they say aren't what they said (in their mind), when its constant projection, when its mind numbingly bizarre conclusions constantly, its gets tiresome. Sometimes, you just run out of ways to give somebody the benefit of the doubt. Yes, my empathy runs thin at that point as well. It takes a lot, and I mean A LOT, to get me to that point, yet here we are.

Oh you poor thing.Perhaps you should go out in the real world and talk to those you chastised in a previous post.

#7394 54 days ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

I didn't know living in a metal crate in your mates shed was a personal attack, I just figured it was the aussie equivalent to living in a van down by the river. A figure of speech, if you will. Any similarities to any pinsiders were purely coincidental. Sorry for any confusion this may have caused

trying to defend your pathetic comments now really is sounding like a priv. spoiled brat who got daddys money.

#7398 54 days ago
Quoted from Pinhead_:

Glad to see our Gourd and Savior enlisted a fellow Aussie to try and dunk on the naysayers.
Absolute blind faith y’all have. Interested in a bridge?

And yet another comes out from nowhere to hang shit.So you no pin in your collection,nor a Fathom on your wishlist? Yet you crawl out of your space to defend what seriously was a terrible post.Why did you not downvote that post I ask?The moderator clearly did.

#7424 53 days ago
Quoted from Pinhead_:

I did downvote your post.
Cheers.

not the post I was referring to ???????????

1 week later
#7536 41 days ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

How did this comment regarding the number of Fathoms remaining to be built not garner more attention?

Any number around 40+ Fathoms outstanding would be a bit alarming and a significant miss on their estimate/promise to finish by years end 2023. With little money coming in from new sales, the cost and time to complete 40 games at this point seems pretty significant.
Since these games have most likely been paid for in full, the money for parts and labour to construct them will need to come out of pocket - and a potentially empty one, at that. Throwing out 6K/game, 40 games totals 240K.
Now considering time. Given the rate of production we have witnessed, it could easily be another 6 months to finish those last 40 games. That would mean 6 more months of recurring biz overhead and personal expenses. Further, Haggis is committed to some amount to cover free shipping for any remaining games.
It is possible that the amount of money and time required to complete the Fathom run may prove to be too much, while it appears any Centaur production may be months from now.

So then the 210 machines made and delivered makes no difference to your thoughts?

#7567 39 days ago

You are so full of shit
so everyone who has received these 210 Fathom games please post here name and game number
How about you Put your money where your big mouth is Gold 1 , I will donate $5,000 to the royal childrens Hospital if you can find even half that bullshit list and i challenge you to do the same.

Seems you know better.How many do you reckon have gone out???????

#7571 39 days ago

I know how many, and its not 210 or even half that., you just reminded me to change the batteries on my spy camera

Well given there are 90 owners registered on Pinside,I dare say a good number of owners not on Pinside have a machine and the fact that you want a list of owners from a previous post suggest to me that you actually do not have a clue/and are full of shit.And I know a good place for those batteries...................

#7573 39 days ago
Quoted from John_I:

Who says those 90 have their games? I added mine to my pinside collection when I put in my deposit in and don't have my game yet. This is standard procedure for pre-orders. Most if not all of those 90 did the same, so no telling how many have actually received them.

Standard procedure when putting down a deposit? Not sure how that works as one or both parties could pull out? Having asked this in a post before why not have those posters that have not received their machine as yet come to the fore.Looking at those upset on Pinside at the moment there only seem to be a few,far less than 90 owners.By all means start a poll.Certainly would be interesting.

#7577 39 days ago

I will start
7 x owing to the UK paid in Full May 2023
1 x amused_to_death
1 x John_I
DM me and i will add you to the list, I'm here all week
I am so tempted to buy some pre orders and lodge a default with the Courts and put Damien out of his misery.

So 10 outstanding where are the other 100 or so you purport to be outstanding?????

#7587 38 days ago
Quoted from Grantman:

Here is a list of known customers waiting for Fathoms. This is just people that have posted here in the past two months, and one person that contacted me privately that also had paid in full. This is obviously not a complete list. There are plenty of people that read this and don't post, or are not on Pinside.
US customers:
dyopp21: paid in full (Classic) in May 2022 (!), not built or shipped
thekaiser82: paid in full in February 2023, not built or shipped
(Anonymous): paid in full in April 2023, not built or shipped
Amused_to_Death: paid in full in May 2023, not built or shipped
John_I: paid in full in October 2023, not built or shipped
Grantman: paid in full in October 2023, not built or shipped
Australia customers:
Punkin: paid in full in September 2023, not built or shipped
Mark000: paid in full in November 2023, not built or shipped
UK:
7 x owing to the UK paid in Full May 2023 (according to Ballypinball)
France:
breizhsamo: paid in full in April 2023, not built or shipped

So I count 16? Out of 250. Perhaps what I mentioned previously that less than 50 were to be made?

#7588 38 days ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Just as an example, no Pulp Fiction LEs have been built. Yet…[quoted image]

Well I wonder how many Pulp Fiction people are hyper ventilating on their thread?

#7589 38 days ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Stop right there. People on pinside register games they don't own or hope to own one day before even getting their games. This happens all the time. You know that. That proves nothing.
According to pinside 3 people own pinball circus in their collection and another is on route. That's 4 machines in the wild when only two were made. Let's say that one on route is also considered in this person's collection, that's still 50% more people "own" that game than humanly possible.
Edit: I see others hopped on this same concept before I even read past his post.

Perhaps you talk to the Mods about this?

#7591 38 days ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Historically, it hasn't been a good sign with manufacturers when people get to the stage of crowdsourcing lists like these.

Do not agree as it can be a proactive way of finding out how close/or far a manufacturer is from completing orders.One poster says not even half,I say less than 50 to go,Grantham has a list of 16 non receivers.At the moment my statement of less than 50 seems more accurate.

#7594 38 days ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Isn’t this Haggis’ responsibility to their customers who have already paid in full for their games and even deposits? I get they don’t have to announce it on a public forum like this, but at the very least an email clarifying their situation with actual numbers and realistic expectations. I would think they owe every financial customer at least that.

You are right that it is Haggis responsibility.Funny thing is that there are many,like myself before I got my machine 2/3 months ago that were kept up to date.Seems some posters on here beg to differ.And certainly one has an axe to grind.

#7600 38 days ago
Quoted from jokerpoker:

Mine was woeful mate. He was happy talking way past 8pm when he was trying to flog me one.
Once things went dark I was never responded too on email and the phone number he had given me to speak with him direct.

I assume you did not buy the machine in the end?

#7606 38 days ago
Quoted from John_I:

While the customer support is epically bad across the board, does anyone actually doubt that people down under get better response and support than people on the other side of the earth? It is simply a fact that "talk to the hand" is easier when the paid customer who you f#ck by ignoring can't hop in their car and drive over to the factory.

Really? Really? Pulp Fiction started shipping just a few months late and now are shipping out at a very nice pace. After you pay in full, you get your game within days (not months, years or never). Has there ever been a picture of 40 Fathoms at the same time like there have been of PF at the factory? To even mention PF in this thread is truly absurd. I have a deposit on PF LE and have no doubt that I will get it. I also know that when I pay, I'm paying for my own game and not relying on someone else to pay for my machine a year later! So no reason to worry, despite the haters that do exist in the PF threads too. Fathom I have paid in full 6 months ago and have serious doubts that I will ever get the game.

if you care to read the post I was responding to you will see that others brought up the PF story.And no I did not need to drive over to the factory,just got replies to any update queries,and got the machine.And you would have seen that so far 16 including yours are outstanding.Also another poster has purported that less than half have been made.Reckon you should punt on my less than 50 comment.

#7608 38 days ago
Quoted from John_I:

Not sure what to believe on the production numbers. I do suspect that your numbers are much closer than Wayne's. He's obviously trying to stir the pot and has a history which makes him hard to trust to begin with. The real question is not how many have been produced though it's how many more are going to be produced?

Understand your trepidation.But I do believe less than fifty to go and he will get over the line.

#7624 36 days ago

Its not really about how many they build or dont build, or how many titles they release and take deposits for.
its about asking for FULL PAYMENT and still not shipping the game 4-13 Months later,
Even if they had a deposit for a long time, it's the ship your game within 6-8 weeks knowing they will never be shipping the game in that Time Frame.
They should be borrowing money from the bank and refunding those people except the deposit and when the game is ready to ship then ask for the balance.
There has been more than a dozen reach out but don't want to post in fear of never getting the game they paid in Full for.

Backtracking from you previous posts? So do you have more than 16 outstanding on your list?

#7631 35 days ago

Also do you collect payments in Full 13 months ahead when you build a home and not complete it?

So with those two on the pallett,does that mean there are now 14 outstanding?

2 weeks later
#7680 19 days ago

Just the UK selling taking legal action before it all turns to shit to get his $70k back

Just wondering how your poll of outstanding machines needed to be made is going?????????????

#7697 17 days ago

Got the emails and the list, shouldnt you be fixing your customers defects

The only defects around here is the people who make claims and do not back them up with facts.

#7707 17 days ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I assume he means PPS, the active holder of the Williams/Bally pinball license granted to them by the current incarnation of WMS, would need to sign off on any reproduction of those classic games and has (allegedly) yet to authorize a production version.
Haggis definitely needs approval from them to produce any Centaur games. It’s a valid thing to consider.
That said, it seems like PPS should be the one who should be saying anything on status of approvals and whether or not accepting preorder deposits is appropriate at this time.
It kinda comes off more like FUD (fear, uncertainty, doubt) by someone who formerly held that lucrative license PPS has now… Not saying that it is necessarily sour grapes, but it can come across that way. On the other hand, he also has a large financial interest in making sure any and all Australian pinball buyers are happy in general, regardless of if he’s the one selling them new games. Any Aussie being burned is bad for his business.
Just trying to add some context of what I gathered from the situation. I have no reason to doubt what he said is true. And I don’t blame PPS for not making any official comment as it’s their business partner to work with.

Interesting comments here but have to say there are many here that have got good reason not to trust what he has said.And the sour grapes comment is probably spot on.Read a good number of his posts from 10 years ago.Nothing has changed ,just keen to toss vitriol around and when asked to prove his statements deflects by making further unsubstantiated claims about the questioner.Gee even Gary Stern had a go at his tactics.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
9,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Machine - For Sale
Chicago, IL
Machine - For Sale
Sydney, NSW
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Worth, TX
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gold1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jaws-by-haggis-pinball?tu=gold1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.