Screenshot_20240216_230813_Facebook (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240216_195327_Facebook (resized).jpg
123B9FF7-3461-4EDB-893F-6A2EBDF2A2A2.gif
Screenshot 2024-02-15 at 2.26.35?PM (resized).png
IMG_5411 (resized).png
electric-sparks-cable-wire-cable-wire_by5nswf_thumbnail-1080_01 (resized).png
punkinmermaid1 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,275 posts in this topic. You are on page 133 of 146.
#6601 3 months ago

I received an update from Haggis about my container shipped game. It is now arriving to the states one day early. it then needs to go thru customs then get shipped to PPS, before getting shipped to me. Good getting regular updates from Haggis!

2 weeks later
#6602 82 days ago

I just got alerted that my game arrived at PPS in Reno Yesterday! I've called to arrange shipment and it will be at my door in about a week.

#6603 82 days ago

Congrats! This is great news. On the other hand I wonder how long it will take to fill another container so I can get my Fathom? Or maybe a partial container? Or maybe it will come with the first container of Centaurs?

#6604 81 days ago
Quoted from John_I:Congrats! This is great news. On the other hand I wonder how long it will take to fill another container so I can get my Fathom? Or maybe a partial container? Or maybe it will come with the first container of Centaurs?

Should be before the end of the year if what Haggis said is true.

#6605 81 days ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

Should be before the end of the year if what Haggis said is true.

Another full container that soon? I won't hold my breath or lose sleep.

#6606 81 days ago
Quoted from John_I:

Another full container that soon? I won't hold my breath or lose sleep.

They told me back in October that they were "hoping" to have another container ready to go in January.

#6607 81 days ago

Game 93 in the house! Trust in Team Haggis! Calling this a game is an understatement. Wow. The pic with the game on was taken right now…so…cheers-time to play MORE! Without a doubt may be adding Centaur to my collection soon.

IMG_2057 (resized).jpegIMG_2057 (resized).jpegIMG_2058 (resized).jpegIMG_2058 (resized).jpegIMG_2060 (resized).jpegIMG_2060 (resized).jpeg
#6608 81 days ago
Quoted from tbutler6:

Game 93 in the house! Trust in Team Haggis! Calling this a game is an understatement. Wow. The pic with the game on was taken right now…so…cheers-time to play MORE! Without a doubt may be adding Centaur to my collection soon.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Congrats!

#6610 81 days ago

Wow. Hard to believe that all these have not been manufactured and delivered yet. How long did it take from conception to execution to put a man on the moon? Maybe 3 years? Oh wait, COVID. Yeah, that’s it.

#6611 80 days ago

We have an extra brand new Fathom Revisited Mermaid Edition that just arrived if anyone is interested.

[email protected]

#6612 80 days ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

We have an extra brand new Fathom Revisited Mermaid Edition that just arrived if anyone is interested.
[email protected]

Does it happen to be #104…if so you know my address lol.

#6613 80 days ago
Quoted from bane:

Wow. Hard to believe that all these have not been manufactured and delivered yet. How long did it take from conception to execution to put a man on the moon? Maybe 3 years? Oh wait, COVID. Yeah, that’s it.

Apparently, adjusted for today's dollar, the Apollo program cost $152 Billion dollars (According to a random internet search). Not a terribly great comparison. Dollar for dollar and day for day I kinda think Haggis did a fine job delivering if it is your measuring stick mind you.

#6614 79 days ago
Quoted from bane:

Did you really take the time out of your day, to login and post, this? You need another hobby.

#6615 79 days ago
Quoted from bane:

If you're gonna use an analogy then perhaps do some research first. It took way longer to put a man on the moon if you consider the first manned US mission into space was May 1961 (Alan Shepard). All the steps previous to that point could also be included in the preparation of achieving a moon landing!!

#6616 73 days ago

Game has arrived!

IMG_9940 (resized).jpegIMG_9940 (resized).jpeg
#6617 73 days ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

[email protected]

So Flip 'N' Out is getting EXTRA machines before games are delivered to those who ordered at the very beginning, and paid in full many months ago??

That doesn't seem fair.

#6618 73 days ago
Quoted from Carmoney:

So Flip 'N' Out is getting EXTRA machines before games are delivered to those who ordered at the very beginning, and paid in full many months ago??
That doesn't seem fair.

you know this how?
many other variables than your speculation.

#6619 72 days ago
Quoted from Carmoney:

That doesn't seem fair.

Most likely scenario is that someone backed out. There’s another distro with a classic series for sale although the machines pre-ordered through them haven’t shipped yet.
I wouldn’t jump to foul play.

#6620 72 days ago
Quoted from Carmoney:

That doesn't seem fair.

It doesn't seem fair that a distributors order that was placed around the same time as yours gets there first?

FuckMeDeadThey'reEntitledPunkin

#6621 72 days ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

you know this how?
many other variables than your speculation.

No speculation here! Zach posted that he has an extra Fathom in his post above. I know that I ordered my Mermaid Edition early and I know I have paid in full. So those are not variables! I just think Haggis should fulfill old orders before sending extra games to their new "exclusive U.S. distributor," which is a more recent arrangement.

#6622 72 days ago
Quoted from punkin:

It doesn't seem fair that a distributors order that was placed around the same time as yours gets there first?
FuckMeDeadThey'reEntitledPunkin

If that is the case, then it's not unfair. But my impression is that Flip 'N' Out more recently made their distributor deal and they were allowed to jump the line.
I'm basing that assumption on comments made in the latest SDTM youtube vid.

#6623 72 days ago
Quoted from dscapo:

Most likely scenario is that someone backed out. There’s another distro with a classic series for sale although the machines pre-ordered through them haven’t shipped yet.
I wouldn’t jump to foul play.

I'm not jumping to foul play. I'm just starting to get a little frustrated that my Fathom is nowhere to be seen and yet their distributor is getting "extra" games somehow. If Zach can explain how that happened, maybe it would help me understand.

#6624 72 days ago
Quoted from Carmoney:

I'm not jumping to foul play. I'm just starting to get a little frustrated that my Fathom is nowhere to be seen and yet their distributor is getting "extra" games somehow. If Zach can explain how that happened, maybe it would help me understand.

That's starting at the opinion that you are entitled to an explanation.

#6625 72 days ago

its not an extra game ( i don't know this ) possibly someone bailed out

#6626 71 days ago
Quoted from punkin:

That's starting at the opinion that you are entitled to an explanation.

Yeah, under the circumstances I think it's reasonable to ask why my machine gets pushed further out so that another buyer in the U.S can get two (or more).

#6627 71 days ago
Quoted from Carmoney:

Yeah, under the circumstances I think it's reasonable to ask why my machine gets pushed further out so that another buyer in the U.S can get two (or more).

Guess we differ there. i would think it had nothing to do with me what others get.

But what was the reply from Zach and Haggis? I'm assuming you asked the people who had the answers?

#6628 71 days ago
Quoted from Carmoney:

We had extras because someone bailed on their order and I always keep an extra unsold in case something is damaged in shipment so one of our customers does not get left thinking they had a game coming and then didn't.

For any manufacturer that also sells direct, you will run into the same scenarios, this isn't really a Haggis thing. If we order so many games from Jersey Jack Pinball or Spooky Pinball or Barrels Of Fun Pinball, etc etc, we or any other dealer many get their batch before all of the direct sales are shipped, resulting in extra units if the dealer has not sold all of theirs.

Sometimes ordering direct gets your game before some dealer orders. Sometime it gets you a game after dealer orders. Everyone distributes games between direct and distributors differently. I don't think it's necessarily a good or bad thing, just a part of the process. You should be seeing your game soon and big congrats on it, you're gonna love it!

#6629 71 days ago

So, it wasn't your turn.

#6630 71 days ago
Quoted from punkin:

So, it wasn't your turn.

brat-spoiled.gifbrat-spoiled.gif
#6631 71 days ago
Quoted from Carmoney:

Not unreasonable to wonder what’s going on.

I’ve had my game for a year this week and it’s been broken from day one. I’m still waiting for Haggis to make things right, but they are able to ship new games to a Distributor three hours away from me but somehow can’t ship a box to my front porch and make me whole. I understand your frustration. That’s not Zach’s fault though. At least he responds.

#6632 71 days ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

Not unreasonable to wonder what’s going on.
I’ve had my game for a year this week and it’s been broken from day one. I’m still waiting for Haggis to make things right, but they are able to ship new games to a Distributor three hours away from me but somehow can’t ship a box to my front porch and make me whole. I understand your frustration. That’s not Zach’s fault though. At least he responds.

What’s fatally wrong with your machine? I’m wondering what issues I should anticipate.

#6633 71 days ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

We had extras because someone bailed on their order and I always keep an extra unsold in case something is damaged in shipment so one of our customers does not get left thinking they had a game coming and then didn't.
For any manufacturer that also sells direct, you will run into the same scenarios, this isn't really a Haggis thing. If we order so many games from Jersey Jack Pinball or Spooky Pinball or Barrels Of Fun Pinball, etc etc, we or any other dealer many get their batch before all of the direct sales are shipped, resulting in extra units if the dealer has not sold all of theirs.
Sometimes ordering direct gets your game before some dealer orders. Sometime it gets you a game after dealer orders. Everyone distributes games between direct and distributors differently. I don't think it's necessarily a good or bad thing, just a part of the process. You should be seeing your game soon and big congrats on it, you're gonna love it!

I appreciate the reasoned response, and will consider my question answered. Thank you Zach.

#6635 66 days ago

Thanks to those who responded and did not act like dickheads.

1 week later
#6637 53 days ago

I emailed Haggis on Oct 27 regarding my Fathom Mermaid order and they still haven't replied back to me. My order is for Fathom Mermaid #119 and it still hasn't shipped. I'm posting here in hopes that someone from Haggis will read this and reply to my email. So far my experience with their customer support and communication has been very poor. All I want is the game I paid for. Thanks.

EDIT: I received an email response from Haggis after posting this. They were kind and helpful. They hope my game will be finished in a week or two. Since the wait has been much longer than expected, I hope they are right this time. I will update later when the game is received. I look forward to playing it!

#6638 52 days ago

I was also feeling unsettled with the long wait and the lack of communication(which is weird as Damian is such a nice guy) but rest assured that you will get your game. I finally received mine and it’s one of the most beautiful pinball machines I’ve ever seen. The build quality and packaging absolutely blew my mind. The cabinet, decals, lighting, playfield , new code and stereo systems are incredible. Good things take time. Buy with confidence!

IMG_9932 (resized).jpegIMG_9932 (resized).jpegIMG_9933 (resized).jpegIMG_9933 (resized).jpegIMG_9934 (resized).jpegIMG_9934 (resized).jpegIMG_9935 (resized).jpegIMG_9935 (resized).jpegIMG_9936 (resized).jpegIMG_9936 (resized).jpeg
#6639 52 days ago

Good looking game, surprising that a NIB can sit in the market for under what you can buy and ship one in for, even in this pinball market. These are absolutely undervalued IMO.

#6640 52 days ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

Good looking game, surprising that a NIB can sit in the market for under what you can buy and ship one in for, even in this pinball market. These are absolutely undervalued IMO.

It really is shocking. Wish I did not order from Haggis and have to deal with waiting 2 years and pay over $1000 for shipping knowing you can order one now with no wait from Flip N Out.

#6641 52 days ago
Quoted from Lymes:

I was also feeling unsettled with the long wait and the lack of communication(which is weird as Damian is such a nice guy) but rest assured that you will get your game. I finally received mine and it’s one of the most beautiful pinball machines I’ve ever seen. The build quality and packaging absolutely blew my mind. The cabinet, decals, lighting, playfield , new code and stereo systems are incredible. Good things take time. Buy with confidence!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Like fine furniture. The physical build quality of these is nicer than any commercial pin ever made.

#6642 51 days ago

where are

Cactus Canyon
Pulp Fiction

probably more than this still trying to get runs on the board

#6643 51 days ago

Oh man! What’s my Centaur wait going to be like?
So I take it they didn’t reach all 200 Fathoms done at the end of the year as promised?

#6644 51 days ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

So I take it they didn’t reach all 200 Fathoms done at the end of the year as promised?

I'd say if you took the covid period out of it, and thought about how long it will take a couple of guys to build a few hundred pinball machines then that would be about our wait on Centaur.

There was a promise was there?

Sounded like they announced an intention, i didn't hear the 'I promise' bit.

#6645 51 days ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

You're surprised? I find that very sweet and endearing.

#6646 51 days ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

There was a self imposed and implied production goal to finish all of the Fathoms by the end of 2023.
This was a volunteered date in the last production update about 3 months ago.
Here’s some history:
Machines were announced 4-26-21.
Melbourne exits Covid lockdown 10-21-21
First machine delivered 5-13-22
250 units/ 20 months since then is 12.5 machines produced per month.
Roughly 3 machines produced per week.
That seems to be the typical production and what one should expect.

#6647 51 days ago
Quoted from dscapo:

There was a self imposed and implied production goal to finish all of the Fathoms by the end of 2023.
This was a volunteered date in the last production update about 3 months ago.
Here’s some history:
Machines were announced 4-26-21.
Melbourne exits Covid lockdown 10-21-21
First machine delivered 5-13-22
250 units/ 20 months since then is 12.5 machines produced per month.
Roughly 3 machines produced per week.
That seems to be the typical production and what one should expect.

It's also sweet to think the Melbourne lockdowns ending made any difference to world supply chain issues.

#6648 51 days ago
Quoted from punkin:

It's also sweet to think the Melbourne lockdowns ending made any difference to world supply chain issues.

punkin Damian seemed to think they were good to go when he announced his production goal in the last update.
No one was holding a knocker coil to his head when he gave his outlook.
With all the world supply chain issues going on, many companies have been able to make a lotttt of machines since May of last year.
I’ll respect the man enough to take him at his word if that’s ok.

#6649 51 days ago
Quoted from dscapo:

punkin Damian seemed to think they were good to go when he announced his production goal in the last update.
No one was holding a knocker coil to his head when he gave his outlook.
With all the world supply chain issues going on, many companies have been able to make a lotttt of machines since May of last year.
I’ll respect the man enough to take him at his word if that’s ok.

Sure, my point is that a business goal is just that. A goal, not a binding promise as the other guy said. And a two week or 2 month overrun on a quarter projection is not abnormal.

My point to you is only about your timeline in the lockdown situation, lock down ends, world turns normal the way you express it, and that just didn't happen.

I'm not just saying just anything Haggis say's is alright, but as Andy said, Pulp was projected to ship in Q4 of last year. People put their money down thinking that and it ain't started shipping yet and don't look likely soon. Cactus has started shipping, but 2 years after orders were placed. Reason given was supply chain.

C'estLaViePunkin

#6650 51 days ago

IMO, the Haggis situation is much like Dutch. You make an order and it takes time. Communication can be spotty, but rest assured, your boutique, beautiful hand built pin will be delivered and the buyer will be happy.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp
Decorations
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp
Decorations
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
9,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Machine - For Sale
Pensacola, FL
9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Norco, CA
8,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Eagle, ID
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 7,275 posts in this topic. You are on page 133 of 146.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jaws-by-haggis-pinball/page/133 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.