creature mermaid (resized).jpg
IMG_0439 (resized).jpeg
PPSR pg 5 (resized).jpg
PPSR pg 4 (resized).jpg
PPSR pg 3 (resized).jpg
PPSR pg 2 (resized).jpg
PPSR pg 1 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,618 posts in this topic. You are on page 127 of 153.
#6301 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
Seems legit…. /s

Lol , you can't get away with anything on pinside

#6302 1 year ago

A lot of things can change in a year or two. Doesn't mean it was the intention.

#6303 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

But how about in a week?

#6304 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

He said it was his intention, he called it an investment. Now its for sale. Some things really are as they seem.

#6305 1 year ago

what's the status of your fathom order flynnibus? i'm fairly confident you don't have one.

F34BD4B6-33E7-451B-A110-CC49A96FB8C7 (resized).pngF34BD4B6-33E7-451B-A110-CC49A96FB8C7 (resized).png
#6306 1 year ago
Quoted from Rjbdmdmd:

what's the status of your fathom order flynnibus? i'm fairly confident you don't have one.[quoted image]

Calling people on their BS requires a membership card in this thread? Shoot… missed that memo as well.

#6307 1 year ago
Quoted from Boof-Ed:

It’s more about the final balance date than the deposit date. Most people bought them in the first 2 weeks from release.

Final payment date almost identical.
No worries I'm focused on Pulp 4 now

#6308 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

Final payment date almost identical.
No worries I'm focused on Pulp 4 now

Looks like you'll have another long wait .

#6309 1 year ago

Being that anyone that air shipped a Mermaid is in for over $10K with the exchange rate, those wishing for cheap Mermaids going forward might be in for a surprise IMO.

#6310 1 year ago

Pinball: The Man who saved the Game
Movie released March 17 2023

Dang, not in Theaters in Boise.

A must watch!
Stream

3 weeks later
#6311 11 months ago

Are they still shipping Mermaids??? Been total crickets.

#6312 11 months ago

yes - as i make a cricket noise

#6313 11 months ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

yes - as i make a cricket noise

That’s Frontier making those noises. Queue the next release

#6314 11 months ago

Yes. I just received my shipping notice today. With some good luck, it will be here in Florida by next weekend.

#6315 11 months ago
Quoted from Aqua1122:

Haggis showed to Texas Pinball Festival. Thats more than crickets.

#6316 11 months ago
Quoted from roar:

That’s Frontier making those noises. Queue the next release

Would make an interesting choice.

Will each “classic” have a 2.0 code?

#6317 11 months ago
Quoted from c818919taylor:

Haggis showed to Texas Pinball Festival. Thats more than crickets.

Them showing up to a festival and actually shipping games are two different things. I haven’t seen a confirmed shipment of one in weeks, maybe months. Wanted to see if there was any recent confirmed shipped/received.

#6318 11 months ago

With zero insider knowledge I'd say yes, otherwise I don't see the value in the remake... past Fathom and Centaur maybe EBD and Medusa, the games don't demand the prices that a remake would require imo, you have to offer something different. Frontier is a great title, but I'd put it a couple of steps below Fathom or Centaur on the desirability list, could you really get 250 people to pay $10K for one? Is 250 the number needed to make this whole endeavour worth it? We won't likely ever know those answers, but which titles will really have 250 people lining up to pay $10K for 40 year old games if there isn't anything new about it?

#6319 11 months ago
Quoted from Aqua1122:

Them showing up to a festival and actually shipping games are two different things. I haven’t seen a confirmed shipment of one in weeks, maybe months. Wanted to see if there was any recent confirmed shipped/received.

Understood.
Delivery’s werent too long ago. I usually check the owners club forum for that.

Haggis supporting TPF (& vise versa) was great to see. Watching streams from TPF i am confident all 250 Mermaids will get made.

Blessed to be in a race to see which is delivered first. PF or Mermaid.

At this point quality over speed. Im 249.

#6320 11 months ago
Quoted from Aqua1122:

One might think, if one thinks, that if they are at a festival, they are not building games.

One may also surmise that you don't understand the scale of the company.

Quoted from feedthebiscuit:

Yes. I just received my shipping notice today. With some good luck, it will be here in Florida by next weekend.

Home now, games shipping. Fancy that?

giphy (18).gifgiphy (18).gif

#6321 11 months ago
Quoted from Aqua1122:

well received mine like 2 weeks ago, it is a great game and I would consider reordering from them.

#6322 11 months ago
Quoted from Aqua1122:

Well that's two in two weeks just in pinside? Plus they have been away from their business.

All happy now?

#6323 11 months ago

Woke up to the “soon to be boxed” e-mail.

373C5618-C39D-4F48-9A19-085AADCBD48E (resized).jpeg373C5618-C39D-4F48-9A19-085AADCBD48E (resized).jpeg
#6324 11 months ago

Just got my final payment notice . How long is my wait now . I think he stated 14 weeks ?

#6325 11 months ago

That was not the plan originally if you look at the feature matrix. That was one of attractions to buying the Mermaid.

2235123277 (resized).jpg2235123277 (resized).jpg
#6326 11 months ago
Quoted from Clytor:

That was not the plan originally if you look at the feature matrix. That was one of attractions to buying the Mermaid. [quoted image]

You’re right… i read classic in the sense of the time period of machines not the trim level of the machine… the classics won’t have new code them… any new Bally remake non-classic version I’d expect to have new code else I don’t see it the demand for the release… imo.

#6327 11 months ago
Quoted from Aqua1122:

Posted mine's arrival 10 days ago on the owner's thread. Was ready mid Feb but I postponed delivery.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/haggis-owners-club/page/2#post-7510085

#6328 11 months ago

I think that troll stomped over the wrong bridge.

ExitStageLeftTroll

#6329 11 months ago
Quoted from Pinballer31520:

Just got my final payment notice . How long is my wait now . I think he stated 14 weeks ?

final paiement was in october; received the pinball in march ( extra paiement for delivery was discussed with haggis in jan/feb )

#6330 11 months ago
Quoted from punkin:

I think that troll stomped over the wrong bridge.
ExitStageLeftTroll

What are you talking about? You make no sense.

#6331 11 months ago

Understood.
Delivery’s werent too long ago. I usually check the owners club forum for that.
Haggis supporting TPF (& vise versa) was great to see. Watching streams from TPF i am confident all 250 Mermaids will get made.
Blessed to be in a race to see which is delivered first. PF or Mermaid.
At this point quality over speed. Im 249.

I'm on the exact same boat as you.
PF Se though

Also still holding out for what was promised.
Free to NV shipping

#6332 11 months ago

My Mermaid is in the queue since February for the container to Sparks. NV..
Reading the forum thread I am not alone- curious to know if we are close to the container being full and ready for shipment.

#6333 11 months ago
Quoted from Stargeezer:

Reading the forum thread I am not alone- curious to know if we are close to the container being full and ready for shipment.

I made final payment in February and expressed interest in waiting for the shipping container. So maybe if there are enough adding up they can fill one up.

#6334 11 months ago
Quoted from Aqua1122:

What are you talking about? You make no sense.

Think he means your only motivation here is to shit stir.

#6335 11 months ago
Quoted from gold1:

Think he means your only motivation here is to shit stir.

Ahhh, is the troll hiding from me so i can't see his posts and then posting shit about me?

Seems a bit childish and another abuse of a shit system.

And, ahem moderators, the troll has been cheating in some way by downvoting posts that said troll is not suppossed to be able to see if it has me on ignore (suggesting this is by snipping in and out of ignore on trolls part).

So when i look at my one downvote above, i see that the no-one has downvoted on the one downvote post.

But anyway, back to the thread. I'd have posted in the topic i created about this, but it was locked with no resolution.

#6336 11 months ago
Quoted from Stargeezer:

Got word that mine is about ready to be boxed. I'm checking on the container option, but preliminary word from Haggis is it would be 10-12 more weeks and LCL (less than container load), so not free. I'm trying to get the cost difference to figure out the best option.

#6337 11 months ago
Quoted from Stargeezer:

Reading the forum thread I am not alone- curious to know if we are close to the container being full and ready for

Got word that mine is about ready to be boxed. I'm checking on the container option, but preliminary word from Haggis is it would be 10-12 more weeks and LCL (less than container load), so not free. I'm trying to get the cost difference to figure out the best option.

Same here.
Glad to see another hold out

#6338 11 months ago
Quoted from jkdblaze:

but preliminary word from Haggis is it would be 10-12 more weeks and LCL (less than container load), so not free.

Quoted from Pinchild:

Same here.
Glad to see another hold out

This is definitely a forgiving bunch. I suppose we are all patrons in a way and that doesn't bother me. Hopefully that LCL doesn't end up being too big a price hit for you guys. It was promised for free after all. Will be interesting to see how they advertise the next game, if this option is even there.

2 weeks later
#6339 10 months ago
Quoted from roar:

I look forward to the announcement of the ‘Sea Nymph’* edition that follows the ‘Mermaid’ edition at a new MSRP of $10,999 AUD!
*Note: there is no such thing as the Sea Nymph edition I am being ridiculous… because that’s what this thread is all about! But if JJP can continuously release different versions of their games why can’t Haggis? That would take some steam out of the tire pumpers and speculators.

Quoted from roar:

I'm still half expecting another "Limited" run of these just under a different name, like the "Siren Edition". A different colorway that gets the new code out to more people and makes them more money. Jersey Jack has done that with all of their different "Limited" runs of WOZ, Ruby Red, Emerald, Flying Monkey... why can't Haggis do the same?

I didn’t get the name right or the price right… but… there is now a Classic Plus for sale thst gets you the 2.0 code!

#6340 10 months ago

hey guys I finally got my mermaid unboxed, how do I remove the backglass? is there a video?
Also I managed to put some box cutter damage to the left head, are these just decals that can be replaced?

#6341 10 months ago

There’s a lock under the left side of the backbox. You just lift the glass out like any other backglass.

2 weeks later
#6342 10 months ago

I am holding out for the boat as well, here in Colorado.
-gb

#6343 10 months ago
Quoted from gb:

-gb

So am I. Maybe enough of us will to actually fill a partial container.

#6344 10 months ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

So am I. Maybe enough of us will to actually fill a partial container.

I'm not so sure any longer.

#6345 10 months ago

I haven't looked in the owners thread , are people pissed you can now get the mermaid upgrades , the code , lcd's , I would be .

#6346 10 months ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I haven't looked in the owners thread , are people pissed you can now get the mermaid upgrades , the code , lcd's , I would be .

Not sure if you're just looking to kick the hornets nest or not, but the news landed about exactly how you would think it would... let me link you to the start of the conversation so you can relive it in all its glory rather than another trip around the block in this thread.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/haggis-fathom-owners-club-dive-in/page/12#post-7555705

#6347 10 months ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I would probably sum this all up like this.. Not a big deal..

There are at most a handful of non-mermaids even going to be built before the end of the year.
Haggis stated wrapping up Fathom this year, then a run of Celts, then the next title after.

At their current rate of machine building.. does not seem like there will be time to make very many of the Fathom non-mermaid pluses.. I assume some people would still opt for the Fathom non-mermaid non-plus classic still too..

#6348 10 months ago

I guess I am considered one of the "lucky" ones since I missed out on the Mermaid version and ordered a Fathom Classic in January 2022. Order number was in the low 400s. I ordered the "Fathom Classic - 2.0 Upgrade" in early May 2023 when they announced it and the order number was in the mid-400s. Assuming these numbers are issued in order, it doesn't seem like they will be making that many Fathoms (and these numbers probably include orders for other products). If they stick to the 2 week cutoff for new orders, it just passed. I'm curious if anyone placed an order in the past few days and what their order number is.

I will get the container shipping whenever my game gets made (sometime in late 2023?).

#6349 10 months ago

Good on ya mate. As a future mermaid owner i am really happy for you that you get the upgrade. Well done to Haggis and happy you.

#6350 10 months ago
Quoted from gb:

-gb

I am as well, it'll be worth the wait!

As for the 2.0 code upgrade, I like that it will be in more hands, I'd like to see it in some tournaments and I'll have practice time on it with my own Mermaid

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp
Decorations
7,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Tampa, FL
Machine - For Sale
Mccordsville, IN
9,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp
Decorations
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
8,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Boerne, TX
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
There are 7,618 posts in this topic. You are on page 127 of 153.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jaws-by-haggis-pinball/page/127 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.