IMG_4536 (resized).jpeg
432458935_10161391757882700_9203589995855484710_n (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315_080654_Outlook (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315_080645_Outlook (resized).jpg
IMG_0323 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2953 March 2022 Video Update from Haggis with Fathom 2.0 Gameplay Posted by Micky (2 years ago)

Post #7094 Some news Posted by Grantman (67 days ago)

Post #7123 Follow-up email response from Damian Posted by Grantman (67 days ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gotfrogs.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#925 2 years ago

Texas boy here. I just placed my order. I am very excited!

#928 2 years ago

I am big into reef tanks and love the look and theme of Fathom. I have actually never played the game but look forward to playing a brand new Haggis one. My invoice number was 336.

E6B4127D-71E9-4A51-9DC4-81FEA8EE5E38 (resized).jpegE6B4127D-71E9-4A51-9DC4-81FEA8EE5E38 (resized).jpeg
2 months later
#1457 2 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

For my fellow American buyers, seems like Wise will be the best way to pay our remaining balances to Haggis. Best exchange rate by far, been in business a long time, and are very legitimate. I just compared what it would cost to send 10,000 AUD via Wise, and via Wells Fargo, and Wise was literally $300 USD cheaper for the same amount of Australian Dollars.
I'm not sure if Haggis will want us to pay in AUD, or whether they will accept USD. Even if they accept both, one method may end up being a lot cheaper for us than another.
https://wise.com/us/send-money/
--------
Also, I'd love an update from Haggis soon. It's been a while since we got any new info. According to Damian, they should hopefully all ready be working on the first 30 games.

Thanks for the heads up. I use the app OFX for my downpayment. It cost me $1198 USD to send $1500 AUD. Before the next payment I will compare it to Wise.
https://www.ofx.com/

#1464 2 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

From GAP: "The total price is $9000 plus $360 shipping, Plus duties / import taxes which will be determined after games have entered the US."
That undefined "duties / import taxes" is a little scary. Do we have duties and import taxes with Australia? I would think there would be no duties or import taxes from Australia to USA, but maybe I'm wrong?
I still wish the Mermaid version came with powder coat rather that that mirrored finish. Anyone planning to powder coat theirs after receiving it?

I asked Haggis about this before placing my order and was told there would be no additional cost/fees/taxes besides shipping within the USA.

1 month later
#1591 2 years ago

I got all excited that was a Fathom! Congrats on the new pin.

3 months later
#1888 2 years ago

I got my $1500 Christmas card and stickers in the mail today. Proudly displaying the sticker on my jeep!

FD455038-25E2-45A9-89E3-69FC529AE546 (resized).jpegFD455038-25E2-45A9-89E3-69FC529AE546 (resized).jpeg
#1890 2 years ago

I know the acrylic piece is intense to be punched out and used as an ornament but I don’t have a Christmas tree up and wanted to keep the piece intact. I 3D printed some legs to display it vertically. If anyone wants a set of legs I would be happy to send you a pair for free if you pay the shipping.

2880EE9E-06DC-4521-B7E4-B6646979BA03 (resized).jpeg2880EE9E-06DC-4521-B7E4-B6646979BA03 (resized).jpeg
1 month later
#2043 2 years ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

Got a message from Damo yesterday as I asked for any updates or video in the future?
Answer was simple
"Not just yet, heads down for now."
So they are working hard on making Mermaids, which I am very glad about instead of keeping us happy with social stuff.
Wont be long

It only take one person 15 minutes max to draft a quick status update. Better transparency would go a long way!

#2056 2 years ago
Quoted from punkin:

Certainly not, they can open their own mail.
Just can't see the point in complaining here, it won't accomplish anything.

My point remains that there is no purpose or gain in posting complaints on a pinball forum that people have not bothered taking up with the only people who can provide the answers.
Anyway, do what you want, i know how it makes me view people and i assume i'm not the only one that considers how the world is working at the moment.
Hopefully it brings you your comfort.

I don't think you know what complaining is. As I said in my last post, a simple update would go a long ways to ease the minds of many buyers (myself included). I don't need an elaborate video or long email just a simple status update would be great. Something along the lines of

"Hey Mermaid buyers, we apologize for the significant delays. We are still waiting on X parts before we can finish the first set of production builds. We are expecting the parts to be delivered by Y but their delivery is out of our direct control. Once they are delivered will will provide an additional update"

The lack of a simple update like this makes me fear that there are much bigger problems at Haggis and production of the Fathom games may never happen.

1 week later
#2241 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

I wonder what these will flip for

With only 250 of them and most people wanting to keep their game, the second hand market is going to be expensive. My guess is $20K USD.

3 weeks later
#2834 2 years ago

Is there a private group for people that have a Fathom on order? If so, how do I join?

#2885 2 years ago
Quoted from Pmaino:

Just reach out to Damion if you have skin in the game. I emailed him two days ago and he got back to me in less than 24 hours.

That is strange, I e-mailed him 2 weeks ago and have not received any type of response.

1 week later
#3161 2 years ago

This thread is so much better now that I see people quoting "Ignored user comment". I highly recommend blocking people that piss you off!

1 month later
#3976 1 year ago
Quoted from alex_m:

Sad that the scalpers will make more profit on this game than Haggis.

I don’t think anyone ordered these originally with the main motive to flip the game.

#3981 1 year ago
Quoted from d0n:

There's a few people who bought more than 1 mermaid at the initial offering with the intent of flipping for a profit. You won't hear them talking about it because so many people are down on flippers... but you'll know who they are when mermaids start popping up for sale for $22k - $25k on pinside.

If so, more power to them! The pre sale was open for many days and anyone that had $1500 and wanted one could have ordered one.

1 month later
#4763 1 year ago

Any non season ticket holder know the status of their game or been asked for final payment?

My order number is 336 (I ordered late in the game).

1 week later
3 weeks later
#5017 1 year ago

Could somebody take and post some up close photos of sone playfield features with the glass off? I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

1 month later
#5409 1 year ago
Quoted from Rjbdmdmd:

I received my invoice this morning. I am build number 116. I wasn't expecting this for sometime due to the delays.
What the highest number build that someone has received.
I have some concerns wiring money given the delays and few machines seen going out beyond the series ticket holders orders in this forum.

What was your original order number? My order number is 336 for machine number 242 (as requested).

#5413 1 year ago
Quoted from Rjbdmdmd:

did they ask you for payment ?

No, I have not heard anything after making the initial downpayment.

3 weeks later
#5586 1 year ago
Quoted from Travahontas:

Gotfrogs what’s your number?

My machine number is 242 but my order/invoice number was 336 (I assume out of all Haggis sales to date). I have no idea where this puts me in line but I would guess near the way back!

2 months later
#5965 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Yep , at least there are people willing to buy these spots if they're concerned , unlike some of the guys with Halloween and Ultraman .
And people waiting over a year for their Stern games have their prices increased despite having a deposit down .

But stern does not generally sell direct so that deposit is not with stern.

#6005 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

That's the person who's salty people here aren't sharing their order details with them. Mad that someone got their game and they don't have theirs yet and is being petty about it, even though clearly they're shipping and it's not a scam. Just takes patience.
Some people just aren't built to handle boutique pinball, and should stick to Sterns.

I don't remember how the original code was done with the P-ROC Bride 2.0 used, but the FAST system in this is pretty different. Hopefully it's seamless, I haven't had a chance to try one myself.

Most of us are not saying that Haggis is a scam but this is not how boutique pinball should be. I feel they are doing all they can to meet their commitments and be successful but I still have concerns that they will run out of cash before they finish the Fathom run. There have been too many setbacks (and costs) for them to be profitable. Hopefully it all works out and things go smoother with their next game but by no means to I feel like out of the water yet.

1 month later
#6200 1 year ago

I just got my invoice! I guess this is good news. Email still says 8 weeks after payment.

5 months later
#6461 9 months ago

I am #242. I hope they get them done soon. It has been 22 weeks since I made full payment.

1 month later
#6508 8 months ago

It took me 3 mails this last time to Damian to get an update on my order. I paid in full 2/19/23 and my game has not shipped. He estimated end of September in his response.

1 week later
4 months later
#6640 3 months ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

Good looking game, surprising that a NIB can sit in the market for under what you can buy and ship one in for, even in this pinball market. These are absolutely undervalued IMO.

It really is shocking. Wish I did not order from Haggis and have to deal with waiting 2 years and pay over $1000 for shipping knowing you can order one now with no wait from Flip N Out.

1 month later
#7408 52 days ago
Quoted from Sinistarrett:

To change the subject, I was curious about the Fathom Revisited code. those that got your machines, how is it? How does it stack up against the original code etc? From the videos I saw the lightshow looks fantastic but how are the rules?

We only play the revisited code. The music is so much better that the sounds that the original Fathom code plays. The revisited code has some issues (such as strange call out timing) but overall it is a very good addition to the Haggis machines.

IMG_1165 (resized).pngIMG_1165 (resized).png
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
8,245 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Boerne, TX
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fort Worth, TX
Machine - For Sale
Chicago, IL
9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reston, VA
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gotfrogs.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jaws-by-haggis-pinball?tu=gotfrogs and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.