Carpenter - Halloween pinball machine (resized).jpg
PXL_20240413_183059405 (resized).jpg
IMG_3592 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3589 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3590 (resized).jpeg
Cbl9jGwUcAEkjQk (resized).jpg
IMG_2793 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

15 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 16,966 posts in this topic. You are on page 300 of 340.
#14951 10 months ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

So found out reason that skill shot doesn't work sometimes is because the skill shot is not available for every ball? Sometimes when you start a new ball,there is no available skill shot. Normally the center drop is lit by default, but it sometimes will not be and hitting flippers does nothing to choose the skill shot. We tested with glass off to figure out the Judith sensors and thats when we noticed that skill shots don't always reset.
Needs more testing but this seems to be a problem with why the judith lock is not triggering. The skill shots don't reset always

Skill shit is one thing I haven't had issues with but I'm sure I have plenty less games than you.
2 or 3 balls in shooter lane & ball save not working seem to be my most often problems.

#14952 10 months ago

I have never been a fan of the skill shot. To me it's just annoying to hit a drop target and the ball drains down the middle.

#14953 10 months ago
Quoted from hawkeyexx:

I have never been a fan of the skill shot. To me it's just annoying to hit a drop target and the ball drains down the middle.

Move the skill shot to the left or right drop or somewhere else, easier to do. Tombstone skill shot is the most important one personally, half mil points and you get instant unlock of the new mode and the judith MB ready to go.

#14954 10 months ago

So more playing with the skill shot stuff, the game will load the ball and screen will say "skill shot ready". When you launch the ball though, the skill shot turns off, it feels very random when it decides to do this and I can't seem to figure out why. Now nothing is being tripped that I can tell cause there is no "skill shot missed" on the screen alone with the missed blood splatter, the screen just flickers and the skillshots on the pf turn off and it's normal play.

#14955 10 months ago

Maybe right orbit switch is triggered. If I short plunge it will turn off skill shot. Or a bug.

What about a super secret on the sanatorium drop? But would need a great clip.

#14956 10 months ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Skill shit is one thing I haven't had issues with

#14957 10 months ago
Quoted from timtim:

Maybe right orbit switch is triggered. If I short plunge it will turn off skill shot. Or a bug.
What about a super secret on the sanatorium drop? But would need a great clip.

That's what I don't get, but does that cause the "skill shot missed" to appear?

Cause that's what is happening, randomly when you shoot the skill shot turns off and there is no "missed" message. If it is the right orbit switch, not sure why it's triggering as im launching and it's making the rull loop and coming out left orbit

#14958 10 months ago

That's what I don't get, but does that cause the "skill shot missed" to appear?
Cause that's what is happening, randomly when you shoot the skill shot turns off and there is no "missed" message. If it is the right orbit switch, not sure why it's triggering as im launching and it's making the rull loop and coming out left orbit

skill shot missed - I asked Matt about that and it's been removed fro the 1.11 update; seemed too negative.

There is now no message specifically to tell you that you missed the skill shot.

I'd like to be able to turn that On/Off in the menu, but for now it's gone

RM

#14959 10 months ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

skill shot missed - I asked Matt about that and it's been removed fro the 1.11 update; seemed too negative.
There is now no message specifically to tell you that you missed the skill shot.
RM

For just the right outlane? cause the game still says skill shot missed if you hit any other switch when you launch the ball

#14960 10 months ago

LED tower for the upper playfield (house) was intermittent and then broke off its base when I touched it. Any idea what the part number is and/or who sells them? Can't see any part numbers on it... Would appreciate any help. Will reach out to Spooky later in the week if necessary.

IMG_8756 (resized).jpegIMG_8756 (resized).jpeg
#14961 10 months ago

Finally got time to update the new code, ready to dive in wooo.

IMG_4663 (resized).jpegIMG_4663 (resized).jpeg

#14962 10 months ago
Quoted from horrorpin62:

LED tower for the upper playfield (house) was intermittent and then broke off its base when I touched it. Any idea what the part number is and/or who sells them? Can't see any part numbers on it... Would appreciate any help. Will reach out to Spooky later in the week if necessary.
[quoted image]

I bought these replacement bulbs from Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Everbright-4-Pack-Replacement-Camper-Signal/dp/B00WGAUIR2/ref=sr_1_5

They come in multiple colors, including red, amber, and white (and more).

#14963 10 months ago

For just the right outlane? cause the game still says skill shot missed if you hit any other switch when you launch the ball

For Ultraman, it seems to be removed completely.

Maybe Matt did something else for Halloween.

RussM

#14964 10 months ago
Quoted from John_C:

I bought these replacement bulbs from Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Everbright-4-Pack-Replacement-Camper-Signal/dp/B00WGAUIR2/ref=sr_1_5
They come in multiple colors, including red, amber, and white (and more).

Awesome. I'll grab some of those. Thanks for the help!

#14965 10 months ago

So for anyone whose had iffy skill shot registering, do a switch test with the ball in the shooter and do a bunch of shots. So what's happening on mine is when launched, the ball randomly clips the top of the right orbit rollover switch, which triggers it and causes the skill shot to turn off apparently. It's highly inconsistent but upon looking at it during launch I can see the ball will sometimes hit that switch lightly but enough to register so it's highly sensitive. Even on a powerful plunge, it can randomly catch that tip of the switch on mine so why I get the flakey skill shots

#14966 10 months ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

RM

Wait, the comment itself was too negative?

#14967 10 months ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Wait, the comment itself was too negative?

Matt said that the call out "Skill Shot Missed" sounded too negative, so they removed it from UM on code 1.11

I assumed they made the same change for HWN 1.11

RussM

#14968 10 months ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

Matt said that the call out "Skill Shot Missed" sounded too negative, so they removed it from UM on code 1.11
RussM

Wierd if true.

#14969 10 months ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

RussM

There isn't a callout but the words are displayed on the screen when you miss a skill shot. The right orbit rollover though turns off the skill shot and doesn't say missed shot, it just is deactivated. When you launch a ball on these machines, the ball kind of launched over the roll over switch into the left lane, but not a strong enough launch and the ball can touch the right rollover as it passes by. I can see that on mine when I launch the ball, it usually just clips the rollover switch barely, so sometimes it will fully trigger the switch with a non perfect plunge.

#14970 10 months ago

ANY Switch Hit will nullify the SkillShot unless it is the chosen Switch OR the Judith Lock. (Obviously, those would award the Skillshot.)

Check for switch sensitivity issues. Adjust.

Also, I learned early on that Drop Targets missing their black trigger condom will cause a drop reset that will also nullify the Skillshot before you plunge/attempt.

#14971 10 months ago

So for anyone whose had iffy skill shot registering, do a switch test with the ball in the shooter and do a bunch of shots. So what's happening on mine is when launched, the ball randomly clips the top of the right orbit rollover switch, which triggers it and causes the skill shot to turn off apparently. It's highly inconsistent but upon looking at it during launch I can see the ball will sometimes hit that switch lightly but enough to register so it's highly sensitive. Even on a powerful plunge, it can randomly catch that tip of the switch on mine so why I get the flakey skill shots

I told Matt I feel like the right orbit switch should be turned off during the skill shot launch. I have this happen at times as well. Even if I decide to short plunge, I feel it shouldn’t get rid of the skill shot.

#14972 10 months ago

I replaced that switch the first week I had the game with a magnetic reed switch (MRS) due to the ball missing the wire switch completely on high velocity orbit shots. Solved that problem. Maybe it could solve your issue as well.

#14973 9 months ago

Can someone tell me who sells the aftermarket plastic airball protector? Mine cracked in half.

#14974 9 months ago

I believe it’s John_C

#14975 9 months ago

MRS it!!

Matt

#14977 9 months ago

As noted above - you can replace that rollover switch with MRS....a contactless, rollover....

Matt

#14978 9 months ago
Quoted from Sonic:

MRS it!!
Matt

His switch is over sensitive.

He can just adjust it.

rd

#14979 9 months ago
Quoted from rotordave:

His switch is over sensitive.
He can just adjust it.
rd

Can it be adjusted from underneath the PF? Cause otherwise to get to it I gotta take off all the playfields to get to the right orbit.

Sent video to Matt, it's just so close the ball passes over that switch. So like maybe 2 out of 10 plunges will clip that rollover during launch causing it to trigger, so it does seem very sensitive indeed. Others have said they have had similar experience on theirs as well.

#14980 9 months ago

Can it be adjusted from underneath the PF?

I haven’t looked but presume you access it from under the main playfield like the other playfield switches?

If so, easy to adjust from there. Just play with the actuator.

In saying that, I also vote for that switch to be ignored on the skill shot. Then you can do a soft shot to come down to the flipper. That’ll be invaluable when the ball saves are off (spoiler alert, that’s a setting that’s coming ….)

rd

#14981 9 months ago

Hello Halloween Fans,

I would love to try this new update but I am having one hell of a time getting it. Unfortunately I am a Mac user. I am trying to use the same flash drive that I used for 1.10.

My screen is saying system is updating for about an hour…

Please help

#14982 9 months ago
Quoted from Ratman:

Hello Halloween Fans,
I would love to try this new update but I am having one hell of a time getting it. Unfortunately I am a Mac user. I am trying to use the same flash drive that I used for 1.10.
My screen is saying system is updating for about an hour…
Please help

Everyone that had that problem has had the file name wrong.

#14983 9 months ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Yep! Check to see if there's a number at the end of the file name (probably a "1"). If there is, delete it, and it should update without a fuss. I'm a Mac user too, and mine updated without any problems. Hopefully it's just the file name.

#14984 9 months ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I haven’t looked but presume you access it from under the main playfield like the other playfield switches?
If so, easy to adjust from there. Just play with the actuator.
In saying that, I also vote for that switch to be ignored on the skill shot. Then you can do a soft shot to come down to the flipper. That’ll be invaluable when the ball saves are off (spoiler alert, that’s a setting that’s coming ….)
rd

I wouldn't mind that. Matt mentioned possibly adding a delay on the right orbit possibly which would prevent the accidental triggering of that switch upon launch too, which would be a nice fix for those of us with that sensitive switch.

#14985 9 months ago

On a positive note, the red white and blue speaker lights are great for independence day. After today however they need to be fixed.

#14986 9 months ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

On a positive note, the red white and blue speaker lights are great for independence day. After today however they need to be fixed.

If they have the ability to change colors and dance, why do we only get 1 color all the time?

#14987 9 months ago

Doing more with the speaker and topper lights is on the list

#14988 9 months ago
Quoted from m4tt:

Doing more with the speaker and topper lights is on the list

Awesome!! Thank you!!!

#14989 9 months ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

This many times over.

#14990 9 months ago

That did it!!! Thanks!!!

I love this game!!!

#14991 9 months ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

Like immediately fixed. Lol

#14992 9 months ago

Can it be adjusted from underneath the PF?

yes easy to get to and to adjust:

right orbit switch (resized).pngright orbit switch (resized).png

I took a video of the ball from my launcher lane going over that right orbit switch, it actually passes to the right hand side / behind the switch. It's close, but it doesn't touch it.

Please ignore the Ultraman artwork etc, it should be the same physically as your Halloween.

Looks like I need to give it a clean back there too =/

I also took a picture from the lane, as straight on as possible, you can see the ball path on the metal:

shooter lane to right orbit switch (resized).pngshooter lane to right orbit switch (resized).png

Hopefully that helps.

#14993 9 months ago
Quoted from m4tt:

yes easy to get to and to adjust:

Looking at those ball paths - might be that his ball is bouncing around and dropping down on that switch. Maybe even hitting that lane guide lip and going up and down.

PanzerKraken maybe slo mo it on your phone from the shooter lane, and see if the ball does something funky.

rd

#14994 9 months ago

I've looked and taken video from the side view and it doesn't clear as smooth as Matt's vid, it just flies right over that switch and sometimes contacts it just lightly, but enough to hit it. Mine looks like it's shooting a bit more to the left so it's always hovering right over that rollover. Shooter looked fine but I'll double check to see that it still looking right at the ramp edge, it just doesn't seem to get enough air.

If I can adjust the sensitivity of the switch it would probably fix lot of the problem

#14995 9 months ago
Quoted from Ratman:

That did it!!! Thanks!!!
I love this game!!!

Did you read the instructions on the website. Its pretty clear. Glad you are up and running.

#14996 9 months ago

Any thoughts when we will see the next update? Sounded like it was going to come out pretty quick than past releases.

#14997 9 months ago

Two different plunges full pull, one you can see pushing down the right orbit switch, second pull it just passes right over it without touching but within a hair of the switch.

Screenshot_20230705-094530_Video Player (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230705-094530_Video Player (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230705-094617_Video Player (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230705-094617_Video Player (resized).jpg
#14998 9 months ago
Quoted from waletboy:

Any thoughts when we will see the next update? Sounded like it was going to come out pretty quick than past releases.

Should be soon, stuff is in testing.

#14999 9 months ago

Two different plunges full pull, one you can see pushing down the right orbit switch, second pull it just passes right over it without touching but within a hair of the switch.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Is it possible the ball is hitting those wires and being deflected downward onto the switch? It's hard to tell from that angle.

Personally, I would buy an MRS switch for that location. Odds are, if you adjust that switch to the point where a plunge doesnt activate it anymore, you're going to introduce right orbit shots that don't register everytime. I was having issues with my orbits not registering 100% because of ball speed and general location of that particular switch. I was sick of lifting the playfield to adjust the switch. Plus, that orbit is already hard enough to hit so when I nailed it and it didn't register it was really annoying.

I put in an MRS switch there and on the left orbit. Haven't had a shot not register since. Totally worth the price in my opinion.

#15000 9 months ago
Quoted from waletboy:

It will be most likely only Bugfixes though. So i dont expect any major improvements on the ruleset. Be aware.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 63.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Gilbert, AZ
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Monson, MA
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

Machine - For Sale
Charlotte, NC
$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 49.99
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Hastings, MN
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 16,966 posts in this topic. You are on page 300 of 340.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-threadhes-coming-home/page/300?hl=jakers and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.