IMG_3589 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3590 (resized).jpeg
Cbl9jGwUcAEkjQk (resized).jpg
IMG_2793 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2800 (resized).jpeg
20240405_232130 (resized).JPG
IMG_1506 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

15 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2369 Upper playfield adjustment video. Posted by lpeters82 (2 years ago)

Post #3112 Upper playfield adjustment video Posted by spandol (2 years ago)

Post #3319 TECH: DISPLAY. LCD settings so blacks look better. Posted by manadams (2 years ago)

Post #3394 Stock LCD Display - alternate settings Posted by Mad_Dog_Coin_Op (2 years ago)

Post #4163 How to square a cabinet. Posted by rotordave (2 years ago)

Post #4472 Please Read - re order numbers and order of manufacture. Posted by rotordave (2 years ago)

Post #5620 Porting the cabinet to stop bass rattle Posted by rotordave (1 year ago)

Post #5659 Mudflaps Custom Cards #1 Posted by Mudflaps (1 year ago)

Post #5776 Mudflaps Apron Card bonanza! Posted by Mudflaps (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider finnflash.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#67 2 years ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

Unfortunately, you're not going to get much of a game here because Halloween isn't much of a movie. It's a masterpiece of movie-making for sure, but there isn't a lot in the movie that translates well to a fast-paced pinball experience.
An what Spooky does offer will soon get repetitive and boring after a few weeks of play.
I will be very surprised if this game remains in anyone's collection beyond 2 months. Which is good news for those that didn't get one....they can grab a bargain when the market place is flooded with them.

What a downer, now I'm bummed

3 weeks later
#253 2 years ago
Quoted from Jenniebear:

Seeing the CE in person does make me a little bummed that I chose to get the BSE instead.

Wait til you see the BSE! I chose BSE mainly because of the powder and I didnt need a topper.

#337 2 years ago

My powder on ACNC is doing the same thing. That's why I went with the BSE because didnt have the vein powder.

#339 2 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

The blue/purple? That’s bizarre.

No the grey vein powder.

2 weeks later
#976 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

You have to ask yourself …..Do you believe in signs or coincidence ?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Was it lost? Isnt this the same car behind Charlie?

f268f46062bf884310e971f9c741adc38082ab43 (resized).jpgf268f46062bf884310e971f9c741adc38082ab43 (resized).jpg
3 weeks later
#1640 2 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

My $3 pingulp mod![quoted image]

I'm curious what the KISS box is??

1 week later
#1869 2 years ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

Vimtoman is making one.

Ok. I need this

#1885 2 years ago

Hopefully someone makes a knife handle mod for us BSE and Se owners

2 weeks later
#2143 2 years ago
Quoted from radfordian3505:

Just unboxed my halloween and I can't say enough good things about this amazing company . They knew my wife just passed away in October and they sent something special to me and my daughter inside the coinbox for Christmas. Thank you spooky so much. You definitely made mine and my 4 year old daughters Christmas. And this game is AMAZING.

Oh man. Really sorry to hear this.
Hope you and your daughter have the best Christmas possible.
And very cool of Spooky to send a little extra, to let you know people are thinking about you.

2 weeks later
#2484 2 years ago

This guys a joke, acting like that for a shooter rod that they said was coming later.

#2487 2 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

What do you buy your games for if you don't play them?

It's what holds his shooter rod collection

#2490 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

In all fairness, spooky did say they were shipping out right after the holiday break. The guy is just looking for something that is owed to him and you all are all on him like a pack of rabid dogs....damn... tough crowd in this thread.

Only because of the way he did it, crying like they slapped his mama

#2597 2 years ago
Quoted from Mitoska:

Game #200 arrived today. Where is the manual? Don't see one online either., Wanted to get into the adjustments menu..cant find it. Only issue so far..ball stuck in scoop behind upper playfield drop Target ..would kick out..hit drop Target..back in..endless , had to turn off to fix.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I personally would move your pins away from that huge window and sunlight.

2 weeks later
#3107 2 years ago

My wife gave me an early Birthday gift for my upcoming Halloween (#1123) pin.
A keychain for the coin door of Michael holding my head. Lol

20220202_101145 (resized).jpg20220202_101145 (resized).jpg
3 weeks later
#3730 2 years ago
Quoted from McIntyre905:

I've noticed I got some wear in the powder coat on the lockdown bar

This is why I dont like the "vein" powder coat. My ACNC has rubbed off where you touch it to play.

#3769 2 years ago
Quoted from John_C:

Wear on the powder coating is like a badge of honor. It means you played the freakin thing.

Maybe they will start selling them pre worn like they do with relic guitars.

#3840 2 years ago

I havent been able to get them out for 20 years now, and I use Novus 2. Is there a secret to doing that?

1 week later
#4282 2 years ago

I'm trying to track down who has #1127, because I want to trade mine for that #. But it is not on the data sheet. Hopefully it pops up before I get mine.

1 week later
#4450 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Wow. I am 481 and nothing. Starting to sour right now with Spooky. Another person who was 482 got their notice. This is crap.
Regardless where you ordered what’s the point of having having numbers if they are NOT going to go in order. Probably last time I buy from them and this is my first pin from them.

I didnt think you bought from Spooky directly, so it may not be them giving you problems.

2 weeks later
#4746 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Starting to see powdercoat issues already on rails by the flipper buttons
I have had ACNC longer and no issues.
[quoted image]

My ACNC has the same type of powder as Halloween, and its rubbing off also. I think most of the smooth powder holds up longer then the vein powder.

#4800 2 years ago

I'm scared to ask, how much is that mod?

2 weeks later
#5416 1 year ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

My R&M standard is showing the same wear on the armor, barely has 700 plays. So it's not just the gold p/c. Right where my thumb rests so I can attack the anti-gravity button
[quoted image]

Looks like my Alice Cooper with about the same amount of plays.

3 weeks later
#6085 1 year ago
Quoted from SketchyMcDuff:

Yea, I didn’t realize that pushing both flipper buttons did either, until I saw it on the screen

That is a common way of picking things in pinball, never heard of using the start button

#6099 1 year ago
Quoted from dnapac:

I would like to be placed on the list for the house mod by Vimtoman. I pm’d him, but haven’t heard back. Is there a better way?

Yes, go to the Halloween mod thread he started and just post in it you want to be on the list.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-halloween-amp-ultraman-mod/page/7#post-6935375

#6206 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

He said his lungs were f’d up from COVID not 2k. Let’s move on please.

all ths "disinformation" must stop

#6244 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

#690 in the driveway and no one around to help me move it up four steps. Kill me now.
[quoted image]

Come on!!! Its only 4 steps!

2 weeks later
#6551 1 year ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Have they built any BSE’s or standard games yet?

Not until all the CE's are done

#6644 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Assuming not since the CEs are still on the line for both titles. I think there are about 300 more HWN CE’s to be built before BSE hits the line

But should he have received an email with his number? Seems strange to have not heard anything since he paid his downpayment.
Not sure if SE's were different though.

#6707 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Here’s something that’s unbelievable (and silly) about Halloween. How does Michael know how to drive a car if he’s been in an asylum since he was 6 years old?

Maybe he doesn't, it's not like they showed him sitting at stop lights and using his blinker.

2 weeks later
#6921 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffgoldstein2:

Machine - For Sale

FS: Halloween #78 (Collectors Edition) Chicago Area

New!
Featured!

HUO - Documented (Home Used Only) “I am currently looking to sell my Halloween collectors edition. I had a lot of fun with it this past year and I am looking to change up my lineup and have a couple games coming.
...”

19 hours ago

Hawthorn Woods, IL

jeffgoldstein2

Up for sale is special number 78. The film was released in 78 so hopefully this game finds a good home.

Man, already its third owner.

#7017 1 year ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

I received my butter/no-butter email for BSE today.

Nice to know we up soon, what # are you?

#7023 1 year ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Well, I always thought my speaker lights looked to dim. While seeing a newer Halloween on location I definitely noticed it. Cone to find out they installed my led strip facing out not in on the speakers. See the difference?[quoted image]

My ACNC had 1 speaker light installed that way also.

1 week later
#7333 1 year ago

I cant wait to see the BSE powder in person

1 week later
#7533 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

Bah it had gone away for a while but now getting it a bunch again where when a new ball starts and the drop targets pop back up on reset, I randomly am getting free successful skill shots and earning lot of free points. At first it was happening alot and thought it had to do with pressing start early when the match screen was up since it seemed to often cause it and then I was letting the machine sit and get to game over, and had a good amount of time where this stopped happening. Updated last night and almost every other game would have it happen once or twice.
It's something with the drop target when its coming up cause it only happens if the target has to pop up during reset and it will sometimes give a free skillshot hit right as it pops up.

I would assume it thinks one of the drops fell, not having the game I'm not sure how the clear targets are recognized. But I thought someone said there is something dark to block the opto, I would check there first.

#7545 1 year ago
Quoted from metallik:

Nothing they said is incorrect. Ball times can be very long, the scoops don't eject but instead return to the inlanes, and the targets block shots, similar to Vector. If that's not their cup of tea, so be it. 9865 is entitled to their opinion without getting flagged.

Yeah, I feel he doesnt like it. Hes not bashing it just to bash it. I'm not sure why this would be flagged. When someone gives a bad rating and you can tell they never played it, then that's flag worthy. Anyway, my $.02

#7648 1 year ago
Quoted from K9Marshal:

Strange because I have had many of my games powder coated and never once had those issues. Is it just that particular powder choice/finish or an issue with whoever did the job?

I think it's that "veiny" texture that doesnt hold up. I have not seen a smooth powder ware off like that.

#7651 1 year ago
Quoted from K9Marshal:

Hmmmm possible but Alice cooper with the silver vein doesn’t have that issue - idk

Mine does

#7653 1 year ago
Quoted from K9Marshal:

maybe you have extra sweaty hands. don't get so scared when playing lol

Well, it is the nightmare Castle. I cant help it.

#7663 1 year ago

I painted mine myself. All you have to do is dirty the house up a little

1 week later
#7922 1 year ago
Quoted from metallik:

Do the BSE's get the sparkly stuff on the armor that the CE pumpkin speaker panels have? If so I might want to trade up to that, assuming it is immune to rubbing off.

Yes, one of the reasons I went with the BSE

1 week later
#8152 1 year ago

I received the butter/no butter email a little over a week ago. How long from that email til everyone got the invoice to be paid?

#8225 1 year ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Interesting. I thought they said it would be the same powder as Rick and Morty standard and Alice Cooper standard. Matte black will look slick, though.

I didnt think those 2 pins had a standard model. You could upgrade any part of the game you wanted. The HW/UM was the first 3 model pin for Spooky

#8441 1 year ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

Someone from Spooky messaged me, they are going to send the steak knife separately. I guess they are doing that on later runs, I got #930.
This game played perfectly right out of the box, what a great pin!!! Wow, amazing, love the layout and gameplay...Just awesome; need to dig in and learn all the modes, so much fun...Feels amazing too, super tight build quality.

Does it have the bracket for the knife? If so could you take a quick pic of it?

#8456 1 year ago

Yea this kind of sounds like what is happening, like it's going up and just falls down right away, popping back up quick then. Yea I guess it might need better looking at, never taken apart a drop bank like this so gonna be a first. Also would the idea of adjusting the height of the targets help?

I bet putting in a new drop target would solve this. I've had a few games where the targets shelf looked good but would drop without being hit. I put a new one in and it worked as it should. Just an idea.

Also if they are flush with the playfield, you should not have to raise them.

#8505 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Got my shipping notice - hoping for delivery next week!

Are you BSE?

#8513 1 year ago

Very nice, I think I'm getting close!

#8534 1 year ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

I'm hoping you'll post some pictures so I can see what I just bought before I get mine. It's a little concerning to me that we still haven't seen pictures of a BSE. I'm preparing to expect something unexpected.

Have you seen the pics on spooky's page or nothing at all yet?

#8612 1 year ago
Quoted from TonLoc777:

I just purchased CE #46 from a friend and currently experiencing some issues. Has anyone else had smoke coming out of the middle playfield during sanitarium multi ball? The game just recently had the pinotaur board replaced and worked great for 3 games. Upon inspection I can see that there are some dark burn marks on the board. The game fires up but stays in the calibrating switches phase. You def cannot start a game, but all the high scores and normal spooky ads are scrolling on the screen as usual. This will be the 3rd time the board has fried from what I understand from the previous owner. Any ideas on what could be causing this issue to re occur? It looks like it is running older code currently. Would this cause that sort of issue? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Was that the one at Padavans? I hope this gets fixed for you.

#8629 1 year ago
Quoted from themegabuck:

my BSE #1098 was loaded on a truck late last week. Scheduled for Delivery this Wednesday afternoon!
Buck

I'm 1123 and haven't even received my invoice yet.

#8681 1 year ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

Does the powder look like this in person? Because it sure doesn't look the same in your photos.

It almost looks bumpy like the CE

#8712 1 year ago
Quoted from Deez:

I feel for you man. It's totally worth it. Once I told my distributor it was butter he told me there'd be a delay. I'd have to confirm but I believe it was a month after paying the invoice to receive it.

I got my butter/no butter email almost a month ago. Still no invoice and I went no butter

#8716 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Yea I'm somewhat concerned. I thought all CEs were to be built before BSEs and thats not the case, which makes me wonder how bad the problem is with getting the butter cabs?
Edit. I didnt realize you were non butter, thats even more worrisome. What CE are you? Im 920. If you are non butter, I wonder if the powder coating is the holdup, since BSEs use different powder coating?

I'm BSE so I'm assuming some of the butter CE's are now being finished up.

#8752 1 year ago
Quoted from shazam78:

finnflash What number are you? I went and picked my BSE from Spooky this past Wednesday. Mine was ready on September 1.

1 week later
#9026 1 year ago

I would have totally gone for the "buttercup" if it was available.

#9036 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

It's a $1000 option, surprised you didn't ask.

I'm sure if the owner paid for butter he would have mentioned it.

#9155 1 year ago

Looks like he has the BSE glass since his is not. Looks to be #170

#9180 1 year ago

Mine looks to be getting on a truck tomorrow and hope to see him Friday!!

#9190 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Whats #'s. Im 920 w butter cab and im being told probably early next week. So Stoked!!!

#1123 non butter.
Would like to get this number for NOES when that comes out. When does that come out Spooky?

#9225 1 year ago
Quoted from hammerhorror:

Does anyone know where this rubber could have come from? It must have broke overnight and was laying on the upper most playfield near the staircase. I can't seem to find where it belongs.
I included a picture of the upper playfield in hopes that someone will spot where it belongs. Thanks in advance.

Looks like possibly to the right of the Michael spinner. The post has an indention where I assume the ring goes

#9291 1 year ago
Quoted from TheClownpuncher:

They Live would be freaking awesome. "I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass..... and I'm all out of bubblegum"

Who really goes somewhere to chew bubblegum?

#9301 1 year ago

Its finally time to cut this bad boy open!

20220923_143100 (resized).jpg20220923_143100 (resized).jpg
#9304 1 year ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

You should trade that Houdini out for an Alien and you would have a nice creepy trifecta...

And HWN is going next to ACNC

#9317 1 year ago

I have 1 small issue so far. My left flipper button periodically gets stuck where it won't come back out and the flipper stays up. Do you guys think it will work itself out or do I need to just replace the button?

#9320 1 year ago
Quoted from themegabuck:

I had a similar issue but it was an easy fix. The leaf switches behind the button are too close together and would stayed "closed". just separate them a few mm and you're good to go!

Thanks

#9324 1 year ago
Quoted from jkashani:

Had the same problem. pm me and we can work through it.
blockquote cite="#7155085">I have 1 small issue so far. My left flipper button periodically gets stuck where it won't come back out and the flipper stays up. Do you guys think it will work itself out or do I need to just replace the button?

I think I have it working. Played many games with no sticking. Thanks

#9350 1 year ago
Quoted from TimeWarp1:

Anyone notice an issue with the power coat? Got some blotchy patterns going on here.

No, this is the first I'm hearing of this.

#9361 1 year ago

I need some help dialing in my upper playfield. I watched the video and cant really adjust anything he mentions in it.
The pretzel shot can only really be done once, it seems pretty sluggish coming from under the stairs. And the shot up the stairs is difficult, but not impossible.
Any tips on what I need to do? Visually that playfield looks to be slanted to the left, but the screw mentioned only backed out of the wood and didn't raise it.

#9363 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:Mine must be dialed in because I finally got the pretzel when I shot the right spinner and accidently kept my flipper up. Oh what a feeling!

My thought was you could hit it over and over. but if it's meant to be hit 1 at a time, mine might be dialed in also.

#9367 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinash:

When mine was dialed in perfect, the ball would barely dribble back on to the tip of the flipper. Then I’d have to flail once our twice to get control, and then hit the loop and again.
I’ve never had it be a repeatable shot though.

Ok, thanks. I was trying to do something I didnt need to. I feel mine is the same.

#9386 1 year ago

What do the lights on the pumpkins face indicate? I thought I remember awhile back spooky mentioned what they were for but can't remember.

#9395 1 year ago
Quoted from BWT67:

Finally got around to setting up my butter CE #170 this weekend. So far no hiccups or adjustments needed, hopefully it stays that way.
As suspected, had to remove the topper given the low ceilings in the basement, but gave it a new home atop the modular rig.
Cannot wait to see what the code has to offer down the road. I hit the Don't Fear the Reaper multi-ball this afternoon, and couldn't be a happier camper.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Your missing some pieces of your topper.

#9487 1 year ago
Quoted from Flash71:

I vote code update October 30th at midnight!

I vote waaaaay before that

#9536 1 year ago

Looks like just another couple weeks til they are done. Great job Spooky!!

#9636 1 year ago

I just cant progress through this game. I have been trying to level for awhile now and still just getting drains when the ball comes back from the center ramp, comes back from the right orbit and the pretzel shot just never happens. I dont know what else to try here. Also the air balls from hitting the stand ups next to the ramp are crazy.

#9643 1 year ago
Quoted from Geeterman1:

Sounds like the airballs come when he’s hitting the center targets. That’s normal which is why they have the clear plastic guard above there.

Air balls are from the stand ups, so it hits and flys over the plastic.

#9645 1 year ago

Also, what causes a drop target to only fall halfway down?

Quoted from guitarded:

Try bringing your flipper rubbers up a bit. If they ride down too far they can impart wicked backspin and bringing them up a bit will reduce this.

I will try this, thanks.

#9662 1 year ago

I fear for that sign getting steam rolled

Yeah, it wouldn't last long in my game. 2 or 3 times a game I have a ball rolling down the grass area.

#9665 1 year ago
Quoted from JesseJames23:

Really? Not sure I’ve had any on mine. I’ve had more end up on the knife than anything.

Yeah, I have balls fly right past the Michael standing at the hedge and land in the ramp return. I feel like when my plastic over the drops breaks, I'm going to extend it to cover the stand ups also.

#9675 1 year ago

Theres a magnet in this game?

Yes, the end of the balcony.

#9795 1 year ago
Quoted from TheClownpuncher:

Ok pin techs, anyone have a permanent fix for this? I've unscrewed it and re-aligned it to where it's supposed to be in front of the post rubber 3 times now and it keeps popping back. Getting a little frustrating.[quoted image]

What is the correct position? I assume you are talking about the metal lane guide.

#9839 1 year ago

This game may be impossible. What do you need to do to get a free ball besides blood drops?
And what are you shooting for in Jack o lantern mb?
In my case I hope they have settings to make the modes a bit easier in the next code update. That still wont stop every ball from going sdtm though.
I know, play better.

#9847 1 year ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Beat 2 Modes. EB will light at the Scoop.

No wonder I never got that. Lol

#9880 1 year ago

You want to be able to stack modes, it really helps scoring with some of the modes if you can combine them.

I agree stacking is fine, but maybe the light show could not only happen when your able to look at the playfield. Seems like everytime I start a mode or waiting for the lifters, I take a quick look to see where I want to shoot but the lights are just flashing randomly. Sometimes even when a ball drains I notice my ball save is lit, but most of the time it's just random playfield lights dancing around. Just seems to need a little more direct lighting at certain times. Maybe it's just me or maybe they have this all nailed out in the next code.

#9889 1 year ago

I just figured out my issue. I could not control the ball and each game was about 2 min long. I put a set of what I think are super bands on the flippers and what a difference! I completed 4 modes, house and hedge mb in my first game and doubled my GC score. The PL rubbers had the ball bouncing off the flippers and right down the middle.

1 week later
#10186 1 year ago

After everyones posts, I guess I had pretty low expectations. I liked the new Halloween a lot more then the last one.

#10301 1 year ago
Quoted from Jamieryan71:

Put some precision flippers in my game[quoted image]

Is it hard to hit the bottom hedge or Judith shot with the flippers up that high?

#10307 1 year ago
Quoted from Jamieryan71:

I've always had a problem with the bottom hedge and Judith, but I think I just need more practice. The flippers are aligned with the inlane, but maybe I could try lowering them to see if it helps make the shots easier. I can't remember what position they were in with the original flippers, but I never changed the position on those.
I'll have to play some more tonight to see if it's easier or harder than before.

I think the tip of the flipper should be lined up with the hole in the playfield.

#10376 1 year ago
Quoted from JuanSolo:

Any tips to make the drop targets more sensitive? Very frequently I'll hit them head on and the ball will bounce off like it hit a brick wall, after about 3-5 direct hits the target will drop.
The one in the upper house playfield will get stuck permanently up until I take the glass out and push the target with my hand to drop it. ‍♂️

What does the inside of the drops cutout look like? Is the wood smooth? Mine was not and not letting the drops fall.

The spring fix did not help me.

#10383 1 year ago
Quoted from ScoobaDoo:

Hello guys….just purchased a CE from a private seller. We love this game!! A couple of rubber rings seemed to be worn out so on the lower playfield. I’m in the process of shopping those out. I’ve ordered according to Spooky’s chart but I’m confused on what sizes go where. Is there anyway you can guide me? Where does the 2 1/2 and 2 inch rings go? I’ve included a pic with arrows. Sorry if this is petty. I’m not an expert in this at all!!
[quoted image]

If you look closely, the ones you remove should have a size on them. Just replace with the same

#10401 1 year ago

What is everyones house playfield leveled at? If I get the main playfield level, the upper ones are leaning way to the left. I tried the level screw in that playfield but it only backs the screw out, it doesnt raise that side.

#10403 1 year ago
Quoted from Jakers:

I went through this same situation when I first got mine. I went back and fourth with spooky service but ultimately ended up figuring out a fix on my own. Even when my main playfield was level, the 3rd playfield was leaning hard to the left, causing the ball to lose almost all of its momentum and trickle out of the playfield.
I ended up putting a hex post under the left side (between the 2 ramps) to lift just the left side up. The hex post is circled in red. I put a black post rubber around it to make it disappear a bit.
After doing this, my upper playfield plays great.

Thanks for this. Mine is doing the exact same thing. How long of a hex post did you put there?

#10410 1 year ago
Quoted from Jakers:

I'm pretty positive I used a 1 inch hex spacer. You might as well order a few different sizes to see what works best for your game.
https://www.pinballlife.com/metal-hex-spacers-1-1-78-6-32-thread-femalefemale.html

I had an extra star post, so I put it in that area. It plays a lot better but now I have 2 other possible issues.

1. When I made the shot across the bridge, the magnet did not catch the ball the first 2 times. It did on the 3rd so I will keep an eye on it.

2. My flipper on that playfield was always set just above the set up hole, but now I can barely make that ramp shot. I think I need to align the flipper with the hole. How do I adjust that flipper?

#10425 1 year ago
Quoted from Angell1028:

I tried that and it's still not working. Once and a while it will shoot the ball no problem but 99% of the time I have to use the shooter rod myself to do it manually. And it's extremely frustrating during a multiball because none of them shoot out to the playfield. They just all build up in the shooter lane.

I would check the switch in the shooter lane.

#10461 1 year ago
Quoted from waletboy:

The people with the BSE editions are you happy with the quality? I more I read up it seems the BSE won't have the powder coating issues as the CE editions and in my opinion the black looks better! Still waiting on delivery on # 1221 BSE!

I have a BSE and think the quality is great! I actually went with BSE because I liked the powder better on it, and dont think there will be any issues.

#10498 1 year ago
Quoted from waletboy:

What number was yours?

1 week later
#10956 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Just got my official badge thingy. Where do people usually stick this? [quoted image]

I put mine above my right speaker.

#11105 1 year ago
Quoted from Kevster219:

I’ve decided to offer my custom pumpkin grills to anyone who wants them but did not get a CE machine. These are not exact replicas to the ones that come on the CE, but a great option for folks that would like to add them to their Bloosucker or Standard Edition machines. Below are pics of them installed on my machine and some sets I have made for other Halloween owners. These are made to order and can be made in any color you would like, please PM if interested thank you.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I'm interested

3 weeks later
#11432 1 year ago
Quoted from timtim:

Anyone else wondering where the scooby Easter egg is in this game?
I love that kind of stuff and wonder how to activate it.

Does spooky put Easter eggs in each game about the next one?

#11629 1 year ago

First game and it went into neverending hedge mb. Mine had never done that before. Do I need to reinstall the code?

#11632 1 year ago

I also had the sling coil lock on. Not sure what's happening.

#11639 1 year ago

I'm afraid to turn it back on. I can smell something burning.

#11672 1 year ago

No one else had any issues after the update?

#11676 1 year ago
Quoted from pseudonimh:

Hey was wondering if anyone has encountered this problem with their Halloween Pin. Seem to have a problem with the upper playfield house drop target randomly not engaging or trying to reset multiple times. Here's a video of it trying to reset multiple times and as I said it's not just trying to reset sometimes it doesn't pop up again when it should?

I think it pops back up because it is red and your not supposed to hit it til you hit enough spinners. Once you complete spinners it changes to purple.

#11706 1 year ago

After almost 5 months of waiting, the new code just kind of fell flat for me. The new visual presentation stuff is a step in the right direction, but sadly this feels like too little of a real update, had much higher expectations and stuff mentioned before didn't make it in.

Yeah, I was only able to play 1 ball then had to shut it off to stop the multiball. But there was a lot of new scenes that I saw. Cant wait to play a whole game.

#11722 1 year ago

I guess spooky will be too busy today to help me with Scooby coming out or are they closed on Friday?

#11787 1 year ago

I feel like I'm back when this game was first received by people and I had to just read about how great everything is...

#11795 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

One of the coolest things in pinball! Anyone who hasn’t hit this yet should play their assss off till they get there. The payoff is such a great feeling!

How do you start boogeyman mode?

#11847 1 year ago

What is the time frame that people have had issues resolved from spooky once they respond to an email?
I lucked out and had my game go down when they had a new game to sell and still been about a month or so waiting on the led strip.

#12010 1 year ago
Quoted from spooky_dj:

I would even add that as a beta tester, there is increased risk of encountering bugs that could, for example, fry a coil. I don't think that's happened, but understand that the risk is higher. Of course, we'll take care of ya if anything goes wrong, but it's worth being aware of.

I believe that's what happened to me.

#12014 1 year ago

Is this the download and install with thumbdrive method or the create a new sd card image?

#12028 1 year ago

Update, my game is still down. Received a package from Spooky today but only recieved 1 of the 3 items. This has happened multiple times now with them. Seems like they could save on shipping and send everything at once, or possibly someone is not filling orders correctly.
I am trying to not let this cause a bad taste for Spooky but this and the state of the code we recieved is just frustrating to say the least.
In all honesty though I have only played 1 ball on the new code. So maybe it's not as bad as I read.
Here's to hoping the new board gets replaced without a hitch.
Thanks for listening to me rant.

#12040 1 year ago

The code is fine, lot of nice new touches. Only real missing thing is the dirty pool shot which is a bit of a rare shot. The main issues folks have had are some presentation glitches here and there.

Well I'm glad no one else had the issues I had with the code. But hopefully fixed soon

#12042 1 year ago

Don't think it's code that caused that coil problem, just sounds like bad luck

Just seems odd first ball on new code after 3 months of playing

#12097 1 year ago

Ok I swapped out my board and the RGB housing on the new board are different. So I cant plug in the lights. Where can I get an adapter to plug these in?

And how many of you that have swapped out the boards have run into this issue?

20221216_201141 (resized).jpg20221216_201141 (resized).jpg20221216_201207 (resized).jpg20221216_201207 (resized).jpg
#12099 1 year ago
Quoted from John_C:

I just went through a pinotaur board swap on my machine. I'm guessing there are at least a couple of versions of this board; the board I removed from my machine indicated "Revision D" whereas the new board indicated "Revision B".
Included with your new board, there should be two "pigtail" adapters that allow you to plug the old wires into the new connectors on the board. Luckily, I did not need to use them on my board swap; the original RGB connectors plugged right into the new board.

Mine did not

#12179 1 year ago

I dont think HWN is dark at all.

#12201 1 year ago

1 of my Michael's stopped working now also. Do the metal gear servos that have been talked about on here been working well for everyone? And I assume change all 3 while I'm at it is best?

2 weeks later
#12398 1 year ago
Quoted from Var1AbL3:

I am VERY curious how this looks on UM. I have considered the scoop mod but a pumpkin doesn't fit. I wish we could talk Vimtoman into making a "headquarters mod" like the house mod and something for the scoop other than a pumpkin. But, I would love to see how it looks.

The scoop mod is not a pumpkin. It's just a deflector.

#12477 1 year ago
Quoted from hammerhorror:

I'm at my wits end with the far right drop target. It only goes down about 80% of the way, requiring me to hit it twice with the ball to get it to drop all the way down. I've replaced the spring with a new 5003 spring from Pinball Life, I've pulled more coils of the spring around the metal tab to tighten it up (I started with 1 coil, then increased the number in 1 coil increments all the way up to 10 coils). I cut the spring shorter and I loosened another spring to see if it needed to be loosened rather than tightened. None of this worked.
All of the drop targets reset themselves just fine. No problems with that.
Is there anything else I can try? Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Mine had the slightest jagged wood in the drop opening. Check that it's not rubbing on the targets. Once I removed that my targets fell more consistently.

1 month later
#12883 1 year ago

I thought the douche canoe was #32

#12968 1 year ago

After update I had 10 of the worst games ever, so didn't notice any new video clips. But did get to play tombstone mb. 1 thing I noticed is before I start a mode, some of the knife handles were blinking orange and not sure why?

I did have a few call outs over lap and a lot of the final call outs cut off.

I would like if they could calm the light show down on the playfield, seems fast and sporadic.

#13038 1 year ago
Quoted from JDub03:

Hey all qq for Spooky updates. Can you backup settings and scores before updating? My buddy is not good with this stuff and he is asking me to get him up to the latest but doesn't wanna lose his scores.

I haven't lost any scores with the last 2 updates

#13173 1 year ago

My pretzel does not work well, in 4 months I may have hit both spinners with 1 shot 3 times. Most of the time it hits the spinner and bounces around. And when I do hit the first spinner square, the ball almost stops at the flipper. It has no momentum to go to the 2nd spinner.

#13180 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

What is your game angled at? When I first set mine up, i thought the feet were supposed to be all the way up into the legs and the butt pretzel worked perfectly. Then i read its supposed to be set at 6.5, so i went that route and it screwed up the pretzel. Im not that great of player, and lowering it back down like I did initially got the pretzel back. I dont feel the game is slowed down at all, and again, im not the greatest at playing, so that works for me.

It's close to 6.5, I might try to lower it and see if it helps it.

#13187 1 year ago
Quoted from F__U:

That's what mine did til I fixed this last night.[quoted image]

Is this where you moved the ball guide?

#13233 1 year ago

Can someone confirm what the led lights around both upper playfields do during game play?

Once a game is started mine turn red and don't do anything else. But during attract they move and change color.

#13241 1 year ago

Still not sure how the strip LED's should operate during game play. I thought before this update they were white most of the time.

2 weeks later
#13474 1 year ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Damn it. And my bottom light strip is now a solid white and doesn’t strobe or scroll along with the house strip.
Looks like I’ll have to “scroll” back through the thread. [quoted image]

My light strip has been very annoying lately also. Sometimes I have to lift the pf and just touch the connections into the board and they work. But lifting it every other game is getting ridiculous

1 week later
#13586 1 year ago

I assume your board under the playfield is now fried also. This one seems like a lemon, would spooky replace a game with this many issues?

2 weeks later
#13775 1 year ago

I still feel like the leaves should be fall colored not green.

#13788 1 year ago

I don't play it much anymore because sometimes the upper playfield lights work and some times they don't. Very frustrating to have to lift the playfield to get the lights to work. My next step is to hot glue that connection to see if it keeps it in place.

#13791 1 year ago

If its a loose connection then yea it likely could use some hot glue or the wiring needs some twist ties to keep it in place

Its definitely loose. When spooky sent me a new board it had different plugs for the lights. I had to hack away at the plug to make it fit. I assume I took off a little too much

#13808 1 year ago

From the previous stream they said you get points for hitting them. They aren't indicators as they go away once you hit them. That in the future they will also count to trigger or be part of the upcoming new mode.
So trying to figure out how many points these shots are worth cause I don't see an indicator of scoring anything from the times I hit it. If it's adding points, I don't know cause I can't see it. Typically they are in the bush shots so when you hit them they play the hedge videos, so you see no scoring and can't easily count as no score is shown during these video cut ins
During Judith MB there is no unique assets either so do we even get a call out for the Judith jackpots in the game or is it just scoring silently in the back ground?
They added lot of new scoring in 1.10, but from what I can tell there is no real indicators of when you hit these new target/scorings?

I would assume that the indicators will be coming when that mode is complete.

#13851 12 months ago

I thought the 1 mil is on the screen when you lock your 3rd hedge ball.

#13861 12 months ago
Quoted from stork:

All of a sudden my shots at the 3 drop targets result in airballs that come straight back and bounce over the flippers.
This was not happening until recently.
Does anyone have a solution to this problem?

I would assume your airball plastic is broke.

#13865 12 months ago
Quoted from John_C:

You do not have to remove the upper playfields but you do have to gain access to and remove a couple of screws that will then allow you to lift the front of each playfield up about an inch or so. This will give you better access to those two mounting posts under the Sanitarium playfield.
I will have a newly designed ball deflector guard available within a week or so to replace that poorly-designed and weak OEM shield. New hardware and detailed instructions on how to swap out that shield will be provided.[quoted image][quoted image]

Can't remember if I'm on your list for this, but I would like to be.
Thanks

2 weeks later
#14108 11 months ago
Quoted from rotordave:

To take your mind off that, here’s a challenge for you ….
I’ve had the game two weeks, here’s the high scores. The GC was set in qualifying for my monthly tournament last week by NZ #2 player, Mitchell Stewart. I set the HS1 today. Can’t speak for Mitchells GC game, but my score had earned 3 extra balls during the game.
Game is stock, latest code, 3 balls, no adjustments at all. As it came out of the box.
The challenge is to play your game hard out all weekend, and beat these two scores.
Go hard!
rd

I could set it at 6 balls and still not be able to beat those scores

#14122 11 months ago

I didn't think I was going to be posting in here, but this usually happens when I ask someone in my family to play me. And is why no one else likes pinball.

20230521_202335 (resized).jpg20230521_202335 (resized).jpg
#14208 11 months ago

Maybe if you start a pumpkin mode then house can't start. Meaning the center ramp doesn't count towards house if you are in a mode. Like Stranger Things if you are in a demodog mode.

#14211 11 months ago

You want to start a MB though when you got a mode going, it's the best way to score, and tossing on double scoring via the MB ball hold, stacking them is very important.

Just not very fun

#14222 11 months ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I am also a proponent of this.
What do people think about this scenario:
- House and Sanatarium are only “startable” while no modes are running … ie in general play. When House is qualified (ie the drop target is flashing and ready to be hit for the balcony shot) you have 10-20 seconds to get back to the house to complete those two shots (during those 10-20 seconds you can’t start a pumpkin mode - you have to get to the house, with appropriate call-outs and light show to create “hurry up!”) If you fail to drop the target and shoot the balcony … back to general play.
- while you’re playing a pumpkin mode, you can bring in the other two multiballs - hedge and Judith. But House and Sanatarium are locked out during modes.
How’s that scenario sound ?
rd

This is exactly what I was talking about

1 week later
#14285 10 months ago

Yeah I don't think any amount of code is bringing this games value up anytime soon. It's crazy to see these prices and the reason I won't buy NIB anymore.

#14360 10 months ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

There are two CE's that have been sitting on Pinside market for back of 7k for awhile...Not sure I believe this.

I think the reason they don't sell sometimes is location. You don't see a lot of high dollar pins being sold around here too often, and I'm very close to the guy that has his at 6k.

#14374 10 months ago

My wife hates me and this pin

#14432 10 months ago
Quoted from McDoom:

Nothing against Matt, but I think Spooky should hire at least one more coder to work with Matt and help him out!!
Most games have multiple coders working on the games.
Halloween needs to be done right!!
What do you guys think about this?

If you have the money, sure why not

#14485 10 months ago

I feel like the lights need some attention. They seem very random

1 week later
#14667 10 months ago

Has the music missing during the match sequence been said already?

#14682 10 months ago

So weird, have put in a crazy amount of games yesterday and today cause of the new code, and new higher scores i'm pulling, but have yet to have problem with extra balls in the trough.

I have not had it either

#14728 10 months ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Hmm. my adult setting is on, maybe I need to switch it off and on again !

Did you finish the mode with the left ramp or the balcony shot?

#14779 10 months ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

The key to damaging Michael is the left spinner via "butt pretzel". I can look at increasing the damage dealt by other shots, but right now that's by far the easiest route to quickly draining his health. With a dialed in machine it's very possible in 1-2 shots.

How do you dial in the spinners?

2 weeks later
#14986 9 months ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

On a positive note, the red white and blue speaker lights are great for independence day. After today however they need to be fixed.

If they have the ability to change colors and dance, why do we only get 1 color all the time?

#15075 9 months ago

Does everyone still have the choppy video when Hedge MB starts? Or is it just me

#15166 9 months ago
Quoted from AndHart120:Anyone hit the bridge shot and have it miss the magnet for some reason? I’ve had this happen quite a bit recently and I can’t figure out why. The drop ramp seems to be up all the way which was the only thing I could figure could cause the strength of the magnet to not be enough to stop the ball. This usually happens with a hard straight hit to the ramp so maybe it has too much speed and flies past it. I put a drop of oil on the hinge just in case (the kind PBL sells for spinners). The only other thing I could think of was the spring on top might need to be tighter unless someone else has another suggestion.

I have had this happen also since the last update. I would say it doesn't get caught by the magnet 3 out of 5 shots.

#15193 9 months ago

I keep making the springs on the main drops shorter but they will not go down all the way. What else do I need to do?

#15194 9 months ago

And plugging in the 3 drop bank, which one of these is correct?

20230714_131108 (resized).jpg20230714_131108 (resized).jpg20230714_131137 (resized).jpg20230714_131137 (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#15303 9 months ago
Quoted from John_C:

I had a couple of flasher bulbs develop problems (flickering, LEDs out) so I thought I'd take the time to upgrade.
I found some LED bulbs that were "domed" with frosted plastic lens covers. The cover has the effect of reducing glare and softly dispersing the light coming from the nine SMD LEDs in the bulb. The new bulbs are much more aesthetically pleasing since you don't see the SMD LEDs in the bulb.
I replaced the four flasher bulbs on the main playfield, which helped light up the main playfield a little bit. I also replaced the four "corn-cob" flasher bulbs on the back wall, changing one of the red bulbs for an amber bulb to give some additional color. The white bulbs add some much-needed light to the attic.
Link: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08XWWJ4N4[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I have never seen that house mod, looks cool

1 week later
#15352 8 months ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

Yeah, so I'm done with this pin. It's too Fucking hard, I have no idea what's going on, and it just makes me angry when I'm done playing it. It's beautiful and I've had almost no issues with it, and I fricken love Halloween, but I end up angry 99% of the time after playing it.
Pinball is supposed to be fun. For me, and how much I apparently suck, this is not fun

Yeah, I can never make any progress in this game. Too many things to do with short ball times is frustrating.

#15401 8 months ago
Quoted from Jamieryan71:

Thanks, I'll reach out to him

I shouldn't have to be asking here, but unfortunately I do.
I've been trying to get Spooky to send me an adapter for over 2 months, and they've just sent me the wrong cables twice. The LED cable for RGB 1 is at least 13" long, and they send me 8" cables, and the cables wouldn't work on the LED strip side anyways, I think the cable is permanently attached to the strip. After telling them this again, they just reply with "put the retention clip on the inside".
I think they just glance at my emails and quickly reply, not fully reading it or looking at the pictures I send. I've been dealing with this for over 9 months now, and it's happened numerous times, with various parts, while trying to figure out why my game's been crashing since last October. Probably could have solved the crashing problem 6 months ago if they consistently worked with me troubleshooting the problem, instead of me having to always hound them and having different parts thrown at me.
Very frustrating to spend $10,000 and not be able to play the game for 9+ months.

I had to carve away at my connector ends and force them into the new board fittings. There was another option of splicing the wire ends they sent me with the ones on the game, but didn't want to do that. Either are not ideal fixes for the price of this, but needed to be done to get them to work.

#15417 8 months ago
Quoted from Jamieryan71:

That was the solution they gave me this morning, cut off pieces of the connector, or splice the wires. They should just be making an adapter and sending it out with the new boards.
Fortunately, Vimtoman reached out and is going to be sending me an adaptor.
Thanks

That's good and way better. I had to hot glue my connections in because any movement from the shaker would knock out my lights completely.

2 weeks later
#15498 8 months ago

Anyone see "Drive the evil back" yet? I have not.

#15513 8 months ago
Quoted from Georgeh:

Can anyone help my top right flipper doesn’t work dureing a game but works on test mode any ideas what this could be

That flipper only works when you are up there

#15527 8 months ago
Quoted from Requis:

Yes. Every time.

That means a switch is triggered when you hit the flipper. Find that switch and adjust it

#15561 8 months ago

There is such a fine line between a game that's so challenging that you have to play another game and turning it off and never looking at it again.

#15608 7 months ago
Quoted from JesseJames23:

I know the right ramp shot in death in the drivers seat isn’t functioning correctly but if you start house first then death in the driver seat it works…. For what it’s worth.

Mine works without having that mode going. It only does not work in first kill

#15626 7 months ago

I am still not convinced that DTEB is in my game code, but maybe it's hard to get if the games last 27 seconds

#15629 7 months ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:You need a lot of blood on you for a chance of him coming out.

Yeah, that don't happen during those said 27 second games.

#15634 7 months ago
Quoted from TILT44:

None of the lights work on middle playfield (Where Sanitarium is), even the light strip around it. Does anyone have any suggestions on what it might be or what I should check first? I want to try to see if it's a simple fix before I pay our local tech to come over. I've ran the light test and also the switch test, all the switches on that area are working, it's just the lights that are not. Thanks for any help!

There are 2 plugs in the board that run the lights, 1 I bet needs to be inserted

1 week later
#15703 7 months ago

OK, I shot the scoop to pick a mode, and all the options disappeared until you hit a flipper. Anyone else have this? I only played 1 game and that was the only time I was asked to pick a mode.

#15738 7 months ago

During Drive the Evil Back, anyone else get the right lifter just going off non stop? After giving me my ball to play the mode it just kept raising up and down playing the sound like it was going to feed me the ball.
DTEB is happening a little more often now, which I think is in a good spot. The 3% blood bonus is much more noticeable overall and makes you really not want to spend blood as often.

Mine did that on the last code, I haven't seen it on the new code yet.

#15791 7 months ago

Yea they redid a bunch of the video assets and fixed those that had some video artifacting going on. They also updated some of the old art assets with crisper looking versions like the background house visual is sharper now. The video/art transitions are overall smoother now. Theres been alot of fleshing out of the presentation. Ton of audio assets and movie clips too added

The one I hope they fix is the clip that starts hedge MB. Mine the music stops and there is a black screen going to the clip, seems a little wonky. Not sure if it's like that on everyone's

#15819 7 months ago
Quoted from BigSilverPin:

Hey Guys, could use some help! Yesterday I had a burning smell in the machine while it was on. Shut it off, back on after about 10 minutes. It seems like something shorted and now the lights are completely out on the upper two playfields. Everything else in the machine is working including all other lights. Any idea where to start? I am presuming a board that controls the upper playfield lights burnt out, or something before it in the line that caused that section to short/burn out. Any help or guidance would be appreciated!!

Check the red board on the underside of the playfield. That is where those lights are plugged in and it sounds like you may have had a coil lock on and burn.

3 weeks later
#15955 6 months ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

I’m like you. I’m half lazy and half hesitant to risk any bugs or headaches with the new code. Mine is still the original from unboxing last year. I prob should update it.

That's crazy. I would assume you have a very different game then the rest of us

#15998 6 months ago

Does anyone know of any settings that can be changed to make this game a bit easier? I have tried the 5 ball method and didn't like that. This is my only game that I have that nothing can be accomplished. I really want to like it but maybe it's just too difficult.

1 week later
#16048 6 months ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

How much were the 3 packs? I just spend about $500 on servos for a robot I’m building, would be great to have an alternate source

IIRC about $12

#16115 5 months ago

A few SFX missing.
1. During any mb the lifters no longer make any sound.
2. The orbits no longer make a sound

#16125 5 months ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

For heavy base sounds I've found if you have your amp up and coin door volume down they can get really quiet. No changes though, so it just might be a matter of fine tuning you adjustments. To test you can also temporarily give the SFX a boost in the standard settings. Admittedly, I thought I lost my lifter SFX on one of my "code beast" machines.

Lifter was a setting
The orbits are gone, used to hear it on plunge

#16139 5 months ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

I’m having issues with Servo 2 as well

I lost a servo also with this update. Only have 1 active since I lost 1 last update.

#16159 5 months ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

Coincidental - maybe - had zero issues playing this past weekend. Then after this update - servo 2 was doing some odd stuff at boot then nothin

My servo went out before I played a game after update.

1 week later
#16316 5 months ago
Quoted from Drebay:

Completely understandable. The layout just does not speak to everyone. I have #636 and I will be selling it likely at a loss for the very same reason..... The playfield just never clicked with me even though the code is coming along wonderfully. Likely will pick up a TBL next.

It's not the playfield but the way it plays for me. It's just a very frustrating game, and not in a 1 more game kind of way.

#16325 5 months ago

What I would like is once you hit the drops to start a mode, what usually happens is I drain before hitting the scoop. So if it was still open to pick a mode on next ball launch instead of having to hit the drops again just so I can drain. This may help a little to get moving forward in progressing in the game.

And possibly get rid of hitting orbits to set up the drops again. All this would get rid of a lot of flailing to try and start something.

#16329 5 months ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I don’t have a problem with the orbits …
But can’t you go to the Sanatorium playfield and shoot that top right escape shot, that should drop down and hit the right orbit switch and raise the drops? I don’t know that, but I presume that would happen.
rd

I can hit the orbits, it's just too many steps in my opinion to get to another mode. I am lucky to even start 2 modes in any given game.

#16331 5 months ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Thats pretty standard stuff …
Addams - hit the ramp to light the mode scoop
TZ - hit left ramp to light the piano
Etc
rd

Those are all 1 shot to light something, we are talking 4 shots to light scoop. I have 15 seconds til the ball drains, so that's s big ask.

#16367 5 months ago

I would check the red board on the underside of the playfield. There are 2 led connections you can make sure they are plugged in.

#16370 5 months ago

What do you guys use to clean the ball tracks on Halloween? It seems so much worse on this game then my others and I had never found a good way to remove them.

#16375 5 months ago

Thanks for all the responses, I will try these tonight.

#16383 5 months ago
Quoted from Requis:

Any one have an issue with led lighting from 75-147, i have no lights turning on….sigh just one more issue with this pin…Player 1 tech and I worked on it for a few hours again yesterday…have already changed the pintaur board twice this is the second new board…. We think we may need to take off the upper playfields to resolve diagnos. But thought maybe someone had some ideas where to look. Yes we called Spooky they are closed on Fridays…my tab on repairs for this machine are now over $2k invested in repair costs getting to this stage….everyone loves the machine at half speed…will be great when we can get it to 100%. opening a ticket monday. But thought i would try here.
Help much appreciated.

If it's on the exposed led's, most likely the first one that doesn't light was damaged. Spooky will send you a new light strip

2 months later
#16542 3 months ago

I am going to tackle all 3 hedge servos this weekend, should I replace the plastic over the drops while I'm doing this or is it not necessary?

#16544 3 months ago
Quoted from zebpin61:

Only if you have the spare time. The plastic guard installation is independent of the servos replacement. I didn't replace the plastic when changing out my 3 servos but will have to now that it broke.

OK thanks, thought it may be the same parts to remove for both.

#16545 3 months ago

Just looked and noticed there is no key post to switch the servos. I thought for sure I had seen one and had always thought I could go back whenever I needed it. Oh well , maybe I won't be doing this after all.

#16551 3 months ago
Quoted from John_C:

Changing out a Michael servo is pretty easy. You will need to unbundle the servo wiring under the playfield and unplug the three servo connectors from the pinotaur board. You'll then be able to pull the whole wire bundle up through the top of the playfield. Although you may not need to, I chose to remove the left habitrail from the playfield, making the job of changing out the servos much easier.
Below are a couple of pics that should help. You can see that the servo harness connections are somewhat staggered. The three servo harnesses feed into a cavity below the playfield and then out and over to the main pinotaur board where the connectors are plugged in (servo 3, servo 4, and servo 5, area circled in red below) . Where the harnesses come out below the playfield, you should find some excess wiring bundled up and zip-tied (circled in black, but of course verify in your machine). Cutting the zip-tie should give you enough extra play in the servo harnesses so that you can carefully pull some of that excess wiring out of the top of the playfield and remove the habitrail wireform. This will expose those hidden connectors so that you can swap those servos out.
Also, just a suggestion, but when installing the new servos, but the servos in from the top of the wireform and put the mounting screws in from the bottom. They will be more secure that way.

So how is the arm that Michael is on removed from the old servo and put on the new?

#16554 3 months ago
Quoted from waletboy:

There is a screw on top of the servo. Unscrew and take off and put back on the new one.

Oh crap, now I feel ridiculous

#16555 3 months ago

OK had 2 dead servos so I switched all 3, now the one that worked is the only one that doesn't. Has anyone had a new servo not work? I did not think this game could get anymore frustrating.
Also is there a way to set the Michaels other then screwing them in, in the hide or show test?

#16558 3 months ago

Got it all set up again and all is working. Had to put the 1 original servo back in, but now I can take all that section apart with ease for next time.

#16575 3 months ago

Does Spooky replace these broken pumpkins or what should be done here?

20240125_131938 (resized).jpg20240125_131938 (resized).jpg
#16577 3 months ago

Didn't want to contact them if they don't replace this, so checking what they have done in the past.

#16582 89 days ago
Quoted from John_C:

When my pumpkin flasher bulb failed, I repaired it with a new bulb.
It took some effort to dig out the remnants of the old bulb from iside the pumkpin because a huge goop of RTV silicone is what was used to secure the bulb inside the pumpkin. Using RTV sucks for two reasons: 1. It makes it difficult to change a bulb, and 2. The RTV absorbs a lot of the light being put off by the bulb, resulting in a pumpkin that isn't as bright as it could be.
So my fix was to take a 1/2" rubber post sleeve, cut it in half, and slide one of the pieces onto my new bulb. Inserted the bulb into the socket and then slid the pumpkin down onto the bulb. The rubber band around the bulb is thick enough to provide a nice friction-fit for the pumpkin.

Do you have a trick to get the old bulb out?

4 weeks later
#16682 59 days ago

Can't wait to try this without knocking down drops to start another mode. There are just so many things to do mode wise in the game, that I hate restarting with drops. I usually only get 1 mode, multiball or Judith per game before it's over anyway.

#16684 59 days ago

I felt like it was, Matt wanted our opinion on how we would like it to function.

#16746 56 days ago

I would like to sell a Halloween if anyone is interested

#16751 55 days ago
Quoted from monitorpop:

Could someone please share how to unlock First Kill?
I’ve have this game for 2 years and just played it for the first time last week but I have no idea what I did to qualify it. I had just assumed it was waiting to be coded all this time.

Lock a ball at Judith tombstone, I think that's all.

#16771 53 days ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

So yeah I did my usual and my first plays went on for a few hours. I set it so I had to finish 6 scenes to qualify for the end. Should have set for 9 I guess .
I did notice quite a few bugs perhaps in the code? Sanatarium mode I was able to get to the upper playfield and cross the bridge twice. Was expecting something big and it did nothing until a ball search and released the balls. Hmm. Also I have the second movie scene going and also fighting Michael. I was finishing the scene and knocked the target down but did not get across. Then the scene ended and my battle with Michael the target stayed down and the hole was red. The target did not reset for the Michael battle.
Few other bugs as well but I don’t remember them all. Mostly related to modes and mutiballs. Many times sanatorium level target blinking white but did nothing when hit.
Overall super fun game but I do hope Spooky will continue with flushing out the code and polishing it up. The final mode ball save was way too long but I did appreciate that I was able to finish it.
Right ramp denied many many times. Seemed it would hit that little piece sticking down and come straight back down the ramp and down the middle. Any tweak for that? The hedge shot and pumpkin shot seemed really slow to kick the ball out. Be nice if that could be quicker. I know the movie is dark but the screen seemed really really dark. Any fix for that?
My final game I think this is a decent score? Other photo is sanatarium mode after getting two over the bridge and… nothing.

the key posts has the settings you should try to fix the lcd screen.

#16784 52 days ago
Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

Was just playing my newly acquired collectors edition and my son noticed that my lower string of LED strips is only working
If you look at the picture, you see, it works until the blue light and then nothing after
Is this repairable or is this defective/damaged?
Has anyone else encountered something similar to this as I’ve made to this machine?
Appreciate everyone’s help
[quoted image]

Yours most likely took a ball hit on the first light not working.

1 week later
#16804 44 days ago

Long ball times? This is the only game I have without that problem

1 week later
#16847 35 days ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

I am a new owner and been on the newest code only. I was told by the previous owner to hit centre target on skill shot and then through the middle up the ramp. Same thing I see blue flashing and hit the ramp but nothing else happens. I assumed I was getting points or something. A mode should start? That would be cool.

I thought if you hit the ramp through the targets it starts 2x playfield. But I may be wrong because I've never been able to do that.

3 weeks later
#16893 13 days ago
Quoted from hawkeyexx:

Hold my beer while we wait please.

If your waiting, you may need that beer

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Gilbert, AZ
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Hastings, MN
$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Trade
Machine - For Trade
O'fallon, MO
$ 210.00
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Wilkes-barre, PA
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider finnflash.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-threadhes-coming-home?tu=finnflash and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.