20240405_232130 (resized).JPG
IMG_1506 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3494 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6888 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6889 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-03-22 205639 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

15 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2369 Upper playfield adjustment video. Posted by lpeters82 (2 years ago)

Post #3112 Upper playfield adjustment video Posted by spandol (2 years ago)

Post #3319 TECH: DISPLAY. LCD settings so blacks look better. Posted by manadams (2 years ago)

Post #3394 Stock LCD Display - alternate settings Posted by Mad_Dog_Coin_Op (2 years ago)

Post #4163 How to square a cabinet. Posted by rotordave (2 years ago)

Post #4472 Please Read - re order numbers and order of manufacture. Posted by rotordave (2 years ago)

Post #5620 Porting the cabinet to stop bass rattle Posted by rotordave (1 year ago)

Post #5659 Mudflaps Custom Cards #1 Posted by Mudflaps (1 year ago)

Post #5776 Mudflaps Apron Card bonanza! Posted by Mudflaps (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rockrand.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#12259 1 year ago

I am having a hard time updating. Y 1.07 to 1.09
I am using window and have tried both 2.0 and 3.0 sticks I install and turn on game but it just starts as usual,the package is code_H78.pkg any advise!
Should I do 1.09 is it stable or 1.08 and where can get 1.08 if that is better.
Thanks
Also how can I turn off the left ramp Michaels off I go to Sevro settings and I can’t go into it I hit start button and nothing

#12262 1 year ago

I will try again ,is that there a video on updating Halloween code I have a few others and I am fine but it says I need windows 10 is that true I have tried a few good sticks but no luck.also I can’t get into sevro adjustment,I select it but nothing.

Thanks

#12266 1 year ago

Really enjoying my Halloween and upgraded my pc to windows 10 and got the update to install,spooky should let new owners know that the install does not start until almost a full boot then it give the update window also the sevro adjustment in the menu is not supposed to work per spooky,I am not sure why but spooky adjustment videos say you can use servo adjustment !

1 week later
#12312 1 year ago

I just very happy with my Halloween,it was a very hard decision between some fine games and I did not hear a lot of good things about Halloween but took a gamble having never played it but having a blast with it,so unique.

#12318 1 year ago
image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#12383 1 year ago
Quoted from hollywood:

Shoot, I haven’t even opened my NIB and this lack of code/long updates makes me wonder if I did the right thing in buying this machine. Fingers crossed that Spooky gets it done in a timely fashion…

Still cool and unique and fun as it sits!

1 week later
#12524 1 year ago
Quoted from McDoom:

I have the stern shaker in my Godzilla, and it feels perfect. I can also change the strength of the shaker in the settings without adjusting the weights if need be. (Trust me, the shaker in my Halloween is annoying as all hell if I'm mentioning it, I'll probably adjust the weights as mentioned above).
Congrats on your Scooby but personally, I'm waiting to see how Halloween shapes up before I buy any more spooky games.
I'm optimistic that spooky can bring this game back from the dead.

I did not know you could change the actual power going to the shaker I guess this is new,I remember only being about to adjust the amount of time duration it spins,that is nice and good on stern.

1 week later
#12582 1 year ago

Bless you guys

Quoted from PanzerKraken:

Is there a video or good pics of what screws and such are needing adjusting for the shaker settings? I see the shaker but don't really know which are the screws and where they go exactly to do the adjustment. The shaker in Halloween has always been ridiculous so would love to tone it down

You may have lock tight on the set screws,may have to put some heat on them.don’t worry I have don’t it many many times just be careful of the wires.

#12616 1 year ago

I would suspect a transistor on the heck board,I had to replace mine because of a mistake I made and AJ took care of me with a swap even paid for return shipping.

#12624 1 year ago

Ya that is not right,I hope the shooter housing was drilled correctly in the cabinet like I can’t believe that!

#12656 1 year ago

Glad you are good to go enjoy your games!

2 weeks later
#12859 1 year ago
Quoted from Guitarpinman:

Has anyone else had the centre drop target issue and been able to resolve it?; the left drop target on my machine (in front of the centre ramp) after a few games gets stuck down and doesn't reset - this also stops the centre and right drop targets in the bank from being able to go all the way down.
Looking under the PF I can see that the cause of this is the let target slipping out of the reset mech/plate below, so the mech can't push the target back up and the mech also can't go all thr way back down (thus stopping the other two target from coming all the way down)
I can temporarily fix by popping the left target back in, but after a handful of games, I get same issue (annoying having to take the glass off and left the PF every time)
Is there a proper fix? (I've mentioned it directly to spooky and distributor)
I also realised the washed out screen is because of the viewing angle (looks fine of you bend down with eyes level to the screen, but from a playing angle it looks washed out; greys instead of blacks etc) - I'm guessing there's no way to deal with that?
Anyway, I see the next code update is imminent - so looking forward to to that

Good time to remove the assembly from the game and take a look at it from the bench,these are very simple mechs but maybe you will see the problem playing with it off the game!

#12860 1 year ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

While you are waiting for Spooky to get back to you, here's what I would do.
Flip the playfield up, look ate the connectors for the 3-drop assembly - should be one for the reset coil and one for the switches.
Disconnect those and unscrew and pull the entire assembly out and look at it carefully.
Work the targets up and down and what is causing your issues may be apparent when it's all working right in front of you.
That may clear it up.
RussMyers

Yes that!

#12876 1 year ago

Congratulations on an amazing game that’s going to be even better!

1 week later
#13124 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I mean I'd be totally fine if you just can't start House mode if Bob & Lynda is running. For me anyway, that's the typical scenario.

Agreed!

#13182 1 year ago

Has anybody dig out how to slow the ball coming out of the chute in the sanatorium playfield,I just can’t seem to get it most of the time?

#13210 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

I will probably be trading my game in a couple months to a pinball buddy, been playing HW more because of that and having second thoughts lol. The game is like a friend that does things to frustrate you because of the flaws/bugs but you've been friends since childhood and the highs/great moments outweigh those negative things. My honest opinion is that this theme with the iconic music and the suspense does more for me than Scooby Doo from the gameplay I've watched so far. If I do end up trading it I'll get it back down the road when code is completed, with some bug squashing, animation polish and final modes added it will truly shine to its full potential.

Understand completely!

1 week later
#13291 1 year ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

Terrible, I know.
Was there a crash screen? Can you get a pic?
Can you stick a blank USB into the board in the head?
That will load possible error log files that should be sent to Matt at spooky.
RN

I believe there is an usb extension in the coin door

#13340 1 year ago

Is this the only game that shows breasts?

#13344 1 year ago

I have seen the RZ witch and I found her very stimulating for an animation haha but I believe this is the only dmd game that shows real people topless!.I am old and I find my thrills where ever I can,sad I know.

#13352 1 year ago

I am getting buzzing from my lower coils left is worse,i remember my stern x men I believe had buzzing and we played with the stops.I see spooky does not use the curved washers between the coil and stops and I don’t know if they would help.I removed the stops and reinstalled them but still buzzing and thoughts?

#13373 1 year ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Scooby has it and it’s loud. Spooky said they will do a code update for it. Haven’t noticed it on my Halloween.
Here is video I took of scoobys coil buzzing

I have a different vibration buzz like the kind some had on old stern Sam games,I had it on my x men and it had to do with coils stops so I will try swapping coils and see.

Thanks for helping!

#13429 1 year ago

nice if we had a choice not to stack!

#13442 1 year ago

Air brushing looks amazing

1 week later
#13572 1 year ago

Both so different games both great games if you wanted a fresh pin you did well.I love my jp pro and the T. rex alive mod really help the static head.

#13593 1 year ago

Man I feel for you and being in Canada just complicates everything,come on spooky help correct this!

2 weeks later
#13793 12 months ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Its definitely loose. When spooky sent me a new board it had different plugs for the lights. I had to hack away at the plug to make it fit. I assume I took off a little too much

I had to hack the light plugs also and then hot glue!

1 week later
#13883 11 months ago

I would like the new ball deflector also.
Thanks

#13985 11 months ago
Quoted from ktcoady12:

Finally joined the club- Got a good deal on a one owner CE- So far I am enjoying the hell out of this game- Only 2 issues which it seems others have- I do have the infinite tilt and my topper light does not work. I tried switching the speaker light to the topper light input and was all good there- I am guessing I need a 5V addressable led strip to replace? I checked connections and everything seemed good- What a great game- my first spooky until SCOOBY Comes this fall-

Congratulations on a fantastic purchase!

4 weeks later
#14313 10 months ago
Quoted from manadams:

Stern would never do this theme, sold my HW recently for $8500 so just cause there's a fire sale on one when pin sales slow during the summer does not mean you will see that kind of loss on yours.

So true!

4 weeks later
#14974 9 months ago

I believe it’s John_C

3 weeks later
#15298 8 months ago

Thank you so much for the hard work.

1 month later
#15834 6 months ago

Try booting a Octoberfest!

#15846 6 months ago
Quoted from John_C:

I have new ball deflector shields available once again.
Replace that flimsy, cracked, or broken ball deflector shield with this newly-designed version. For all Spooky Halloween and Ultraman machines, these new deflector shields are CNC cut from 3/16-inch thick polycarbonate. They will not vibrate, bounce, or break due to ball impacts. Included are detailed instructions and new posts to replace the existing posts under the left side of the shield.
Link to ad: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/164797
[quoted image]

Installed and worth the effort,if yours is not broken yet you have not played your game.thanks for this mod.

1 week later
#15897 6 months ago
Quoted from Ratman:

Hi people,
Does anyone know how to take the upper playfields off so I can change out the plastic shield over the drop targets???

Buy the John c mod,it fantastic quality ,I did the installation myself no biggie.

3 weeks later
#16106 5 months ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Bug will be streaming the new code, featuring The Night He Came Home (Wizard Mode) on Bug's Scream N' Stream this Thursday at 7:00pm CST. For steaming updates please follow him on all the socials. Also a huge shout out to my partner in these code updates, Matt Kemp, for working some sleepless nights to get this code drop ready for Halloween.

Thanks so much for working so hard on this game!

1 week later
#16270 5 months ago

Where is the coin cell on Halloween?

Thanks.

#16326 5 months ago

There not done yet as stated so hope all these good ideas are implemented.

1 month later
#16513 3 months ago
Quoted from Seamlesswall:

Solved my own problem. It was an internally shorted servo. Disconnected and the game played normally. Replaced and all is good.

How did you know which one was shorted ?

#16515 3 months ago

Make sense!

1 week later
#16539 3 months ago
Quoted from waletboy:

I have his kit and it is worth it! HEAVY DUTY! I have not installed it yet since I bought it because original is still intact. Buy it for a spare like we do already with the Micheal servos both will fail in due time!

Are you sure it’s not cracked,I thought mine was fine but it really was cracked but not visible.it cracked to the right under the upper playfield where it mounts.worth a look.

Takes a bit to replace but no biggie.

Great replacement.

1 week later
#16601 78 days ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

PanzerKraken has pretty much summed it up - it's a very different game. Slower and definitely more methodical you really have to take time to learn the rules to make it more fun, but once you do it has some extremely cool gameplay. For me, when I have House Multiball going - trying to manage what's going on on 3 different playfields and eventually getting into a rhythm of locking one ball on the middle playfield while hitting jackpots on the main playfield and simultaneously trying to hit the super jackpot on the upper playfield - there's nothing else like it - it is just so awesome.
I was walking through the game room and describing all of my pins to my dad yesterday - he said he wanted to play a simpler game where he didn't have to think too much about which shot to make and when to make it. So, I put Halloween on the very bottom of the list for him, because if you simply flail around on this machine you probably won't get any joy out of it. Top of the list was Venom it's more like the "Michael Bay" version of my games - you can just hit the ball around and you'll get a lot of loud bombastic feedback, and eventually start something - a multiball or a mode of some sort.
I'd say Halloween is really a love letter to fans of the movie - they really did make the game slower, creepier and more atmospheric and it is themed immaculately in terms of toys/mechs, callouts, movie assets etc - they totally nailed it. Yes, it's very "low key" compared to everything else - the ball frequently stops, disappears and reappears. If you really can't get on with anything other than fast flowy type games, I probably wouldn't recommend it. However it really shines in a larger collection, because of it's unique-ness.

This!

#16609 77 days ago
Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

It’s a early number CE with TONS of added features and mods that are just amazing to view in the pictures I was sent
I’m going for it Halloween CE coming soon
Thanks everyone

Congratulations

1 week later
#16647 67 days ago

Sounds logical and I believe I have heard that one before.
Good luck

1 week later
#16670 58 days ago

I believe the upper ramp over bridge shot is one if not the best most rewarding shot in pinball.

#16672 58 days ago

Agreed it is very very rewarding

1 week later
#16724 51 days ago

Boobs For sure as much as you can.

#16749 50 days ago

That is where she says “do you see anything you like”

2 weeks later
#16826 34 days ago
Quoted from hawkeyexx:

There was no foam protection between the blue wire ramp and the glass and the wire rub the glass during shipping and left scratches on it. AJ told me they were not able to ship a replacement glass. I've had multiple issues and AJ has the video and photos. I'm not here to discuss what all the issues have been with Scooby.

I would like to know why spooky can’t ship a sheet of glass?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Monson, MA
Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 210.00
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Wilkes-barre, PA
Trade
Machine - For Trade
O'fallon, MO
$ 63.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rockrand.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-threadhes-coming-home?tu=rockrand and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.