20240405_232130 (resized).JPG
IMG_1506 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3494 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6888 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6889 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-03-22 205639 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

15 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2369 Upper playfield adjustment video. Posted by lpeters82 (2 years ago)

Post #3112 Upper playfield adjustment video Posted by spandol (2 years ago)

Post #3319 TECH: DISPLAY. LCD settings so blacks look better. Posted by manadams (2 years ago)

Post #3394 Stock LCD Display - alternate settings Posted by Mad_Dog_Coin_Op (2 years ago)

Post #4163 How to square a cabinet. Posted by rotordave (2 years ago)

Post #4472 Please Read - re order numbers and order of manufacture. Posted by rotordave (2 years ago)

Post #5620 Porting the cabinet to stop bass rattle Posted by rotordave (1 year ago)

Post #5659 Mudflaps Custom Cards #1 Posted by Mudflaps (1 year ago)

Post #5776 Mudflaps Apron Card bonanza! Posted by Mudflaps (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider beechwood.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

277 posts in this topic match your search for posts by beechwood. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1979 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

The animations are contracted out! We are trying out some new talent and will probably try several animators to see who does work you guys really love. We will actually still be contracting Ryan to do more work on Halloween and he is currently finishing up another group of stuff for us. Not sure what he means by no paid gigs. We will be hiring a full time animator but not until we find the right one!

Franchi.

'Nuff said.

#2089 2 years ago
Quoted from murfe88:

What a damn mess. Not easy to get to.[quoted image]

Not saying it is the problem, but maybe seat this better?

hwnwires (resized).jpghwnwires (resized).jpg
3 weeks later
#2493 2 years ago
Quoted from Ilushka85:

I don’t get how people who have a later game get shooter rods on their game before the earlier buyers. The people who got games without them should have had all these shipped to them before any got on the machines on the line. How are you installing and shipping a full pinball game faster to someone then shipping me my shooter rod ?

If they shipped the new shooter rods to people still waiting for their games, I would understand.

#2619 2 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

You're the marines? Holy shit.

I think he is saying "instant message" the marines.

Not sure they are necessary quite yet...

2 weeks later
#3103 2 years ago
Quoted from GreenMachine19:

I really love the game when its playing right. I just can't get it to stop not getting balls into the shooter lane or pumping extra balls into the shooter lane. i thought i had it figured out but it continues to do this. and im not playing it a ton. maybe a couple of games during the week and more on the weekends. Still trying to work through it with AJ. I've fingered the switches a zillion times. If you watch the video I posted. with all the balls in the trough and all the switches made up. the trough plunger half the time doesn't get the ball into the shooter lane on the first attempt. Very frequently it takes 2 tries. By the second try its hitting the misfired ball through the second ball that rolled under it. This sometimes results in a chain reaction which cause multiple balls to be put into the shooter lane. Im down to a few things it could possibly be. Im considering re-pinning the solenoid bank 2 connector this weekend when I have time. If its not software related, it has to be something physical. After the tweaks I made it worked well for a day then started doing it again so it seems to be getting worse. I could bump up the power again but eventually im going to run out of adjustment. While others games are working fine with the default settings.

I would check the alignment of the plunger as it strikes the ball to eject it to the trough. If off just a little, it can wreak havoc. Just a thought.

1 month later
#3867 2 years ago

Anyone interested in trading spots with me? With some uncertainty in my life currently I am interested in pushing back the purchase until a later date.

I am CE #376 so it should be on the line very very soon.

LMK, thanks.

1 week later
#4291 2 years ago

Just received my email for butter-non butter this morning. I am #376 direct. I asked to be pushed back to 900's as I am not ready for mine yet.

3 weeks later
#4816 2 years ago
Quoted from hammerhorror:

Can anyone tell me how it works if you tell Spooky you're not ready for your game yet? Do you go to the end of the line, or do you just contact them when you are ready? Just curious. Thanks in advance.

I was #376 and I emailed Spooky and asked to move to the 900's. They said no problem.

1 week later
#5086 2 years ago

Just a thought about the wear/discoloration on the powdercoat.

Why not just apply mylar temporarily to protect the finish until a solution is realized? Seems easier than clear coating for protection.

#5091 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I don’t see that as viable solution for location play unfortunately. The mylar would get shitty pretty quick.

But the alternative is the powder coat gets shitty. I would replace every few weeks for the piece of mind.

1 month later
#6617 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

BIG ball 1 today…Got all super jackpots for ‘House’ ‘Sanitarium’ and ‘hedge’ locked all six ball for 7 ball ‘Boogeyman’ fever then proceeded to film modes and got ‘Jack o Lantern’ all on ball one (but tilted and lost my bonus) Too bad I biffed the jackpot opportunities in the two wiz and sub wiz or this score could have been over 100mil on B1. On ball 2 and 3 I completed every mode except for ‘Stalker’ final score didn’t beat my GC but landed around 120mil. So addictive!!!
[quoted image]

Nice job on those orbits

Quoted from damadczar:

Ha! I'm also on the EHOH *IF* train. It's a painful wait.....

Ditto... sigh

#6700 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Here’s something that’s unbelievable (and silly) about Halloween. How does Michael know how to drive a car if he’s been in an asylum since he was 6 years old?

Damn you.

1 week later
#6840 1 year ago

It would be really cool if they added a survive mode like GB added GOD mode. A whole separate mode chosen in the menu.

Having to keep adding health by hitting targets/ramps while losing it because he is after you...and when you die, game over. One ball.

When GB added GOD mode, it felt like two pins in one. Great for competition and quick games.

1 week later
#6998 1 year ago

I received my butter email yesterday. I was originally #376 but asked to be pushed into the 900's. The email said the CE run was almost done and it was now or never.

Time to sell a kidney.

EDIT: Spooky direct order

1 week later
#7260 1 year ago

Not sure about that. I was playing EHoH the other week on location, and it froze up on the same mode 3 times for me, ending my game each time. And that was playing $1 per game. And that pin has been out how long???

#7273 1 year ago
Quoted from John_C:

Now, I have to ask WTF. How did the machine magically find the missing ball and allow a game to start?

Two words... Michael Meyers

#7278 1 year ago

Well, I just paid my $8950 remaining balance for my CE with butter. #376 that I pushed back as long as I could.

You fuckers better be right about this pin!! My first NIB after 25 or so pins.

1 week later
#7428 1 year ago

Well, I am almost officially in the club.

Just received the email saying my game is ready to ship. Annnnnndddd of course it is when I am taking my first PTO in 6 months

Oh well, looks like next week. FYI I was #376 Spooky direct but asked to be pushed back to the 900's (hoping they would work through some of the early issues)

CE with Butter

#7475 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

You are doing the opposite taking one person's story as a trend. Anecdotal evidence. Out of all the pinsiders here who own the machine and talk of it we have seen it brought up by 3 people? While others aren't having the problem?
It's not something a person can claim is wide spread of common problem at that point

I was in on a EHoH and followed that thread too. Holy shit after a few months I thought that pin must be the biggest POS ever. There were many having the same ridiculous problems and complaints. Stuff from the factory that should not have been. But when put to scale, it was a small percentage. That pin is highly regarded.

This is nothing new. Excited to get mine next week!

#7561 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I guess i just want a decent product, sue me.

Sounds like you want a perfect product. From what people have said this pin is more than decent.

#7612 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Anybody know what the latest butter cabinet CE numbet that has been delivered?

Mine is coming any minute now, I'm waiting on my porch lol . I'll let you know.

I was #376 but asked to be pushed back to the 900's to give them time to work out kinks

#7616 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I'm 920, but bought from a distro, so I haven't heard anything yet regarding if I want to go butter or not. Yes..

I'm butter, spooky direct. Got my butter email about 3 weeks ago.

#7618 1 year ago

He's here. Apparently they keep your ordered number, as it says 376. Born on 7-25.

Too scared to open it. Elvira taunting me in the background to grow a pair....

IMG_20220803_113925343_HDR~2 (resized).jpgIMG_20220803_113925343_HDR~2 (resized).jpg
#7622 1 year ago

So the wife and I have been unpacking and setting up our new arrival. Taking a break for dinner, but one thing I can say so far... That butter cabinet is holy shit amazing. If you can afford it, do it.

Haven't tipped the head up yet so really anticipating the playfield and light show. Storms in the area helping with the ambiance!

#7631 1 year ago

After setting it up tonight, got about 15 plays on it. First impressions:

1. This game is BEAUTIFUL. The butter cab is amazing, I had no idea how much the art could "pop" on a pin. Just wow!
2. The lights are so well placed, from the led strips to the speaker LED's to the topper. It is truly a feast for the senses.
3. Sound is great.
4. Gameplay: it really encapsulates the tension of the movie. My wife said how stressed she was to make the shots. The ambiance is there in spades.
5. It is hard. Not knowing the rules doesn't help, but adds to the edginess of the game.
6. Build is top notch. This MF is built like a tank

It will be fun to dive deeper into this game and more so as the code gets polished. But as of now I call it a win on its' appearance alone. It is Beautiful!

#7640 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinman502:

The new clearcoat fix is not working had mine for two weeks now and it is rubbing off around my thumbs.

What's your born date?

#7664 1 year ago

Day 2. Update.

Issues so far: first 5 or six games we got rejects on the drop targets. After playing more games, that completely went away. Now it's fine. Had to adjust the amp as suggested in earlier posts, as there was no bass. Now sounds great. Not sure how to see the boobs as I finished the bob and Linda mode, and the clip showed her in bed and then switched to something else. Hmmmm.

Other than that, everything's working great. All shots are obtainable and working 100%

So far, so good!

#7668 1 year ago
Quoted from TheClownpuncher:

Make sure adult mode in the menu setting is on. Drop the targets, up the ramp, across the bridge, then get the blood targets on each side of the left ramp, up the left ramp and B..Bs you shall see

Ahhh, I need to get the blood targets on each side of the ramp. Good to know!

1 week later
#7787 1 year ago
Quoted from MJK-911:

If anyone wants to trade or purchase my Halloween CE-680 , PM. me, Has to be the worst game I have ever Owned, The constant waiting for the ball has worn on me, I have 0 desire to play this game, only so many hours in the day, why keep a game that isn’t fun!!!!

You don't have to wait much longer for the ball to return than your typical ramp. Just on Halloween, you don't see it.

#7798 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Quick process question: I received and responded to my decals email (via distro). What happens next? Spooky now builds the game, and I pay ASAP? How long did shipping take for you all?

Spooky direct. Butter email 7/5, I paid invoice on 7/19 (my procrastination), Game was ready 7/26 but because I was on vacation I asked they delay the shipping until 8/1. Received 8/3.

Distros seem much less strait forward and streamlined than spooky direct from what I have read on this thread. Not bashing the distro process just seems different.

#7800 1 year ago
Quoted from MJK-911:

I have 0 desire to play this game, only so many hours in the day

If you are worried about only so many hours in the day, why waste them playing pinball?

#7821 1 year ago

100 plays and no issues whatsoever out of the box. I haven't even lifted the playfield yet.

It's a great game and find new unique things every time I play. People selling these for a loss are going to be sorry.

#7825 1 year ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

I'm surprised no one is saying this. Perhaps our loyalty is clouding our thinking: Spooky is known to have a lot of quirky issues. I know an operator that's been struggling to keep it running, with numerous oddball issues that keep popping up. I've heard this from numerous owners about numerous Spooky titles. After having mine for a couple weeks I can say it's head scratchingly difficult to understand how a new pin can leave the factory like mine. The playfield hits multiple things when you lower it. My back box and backglass all need to be manipulated/shifted to open and close properly. This isn't a custom mech that needs some tweaking, these are basic (and generally interchangeable) components to every pinball machine.
I love the pin, I love the company's dedication to customer service and their spirit, but "low maintenance" is not a term I've heard used to describe your typical Spooky pin.
ps - You can pick up a pre-order spot for an edition of your choice here on Pinside for a pretty good discount - I can't see any benefit to ordering from a vendor at this point.

Again, no issues out of the box for me. Zero. Read the Elvira house of horrors thread. No different.

#7832 1 year ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

Can't really compare Elvira to Halloween. It isn't fair. Lyman coded a feature that didn't exist when the game was being made. As a result, everyone's VUKs needed tweaked.

There are multiple issues with Elvira, not just the vuk. I'm on the waiting list. And playing on locations, I had 3 games end on ball one because it froze when I started a mode. Love both games but issues is a pinball thing. No one is immune.

#7859 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Ok , I guess my distro doesnt take cc. How do you "wire" funds? Didnt realize it was the 50's and certainly wont use them again.

Really?? That is odd, very odd. Even if they require a surcharge for cc I would never wire money. It's worth the protection.

#7874 1 year ago
Quoted from jb007gd:

Couldn't agree more! I used my tape on the left side of the coinbox and both sides of the glass. Much better!

What is this tape you speak of? That rattle is annoying! The glass slides in ok with it on?

#7906 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

So I have no issues yet but after seeing some of these pics I rather not take a chance so how exactly are you guys applying this and if it were to hit my butter cab would that damage? Covering my cab/armor is perfect I rather not cause damage so any help would be appreciated

My butter cab is so gorgeous I couldn't do the spray without taking it off first. Hopefully I have no issues but I'm the original owner and have zero intention of selling this gem.

#7915 1 year ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Seems a bit strange - It looks like the reorg of Turner Broadcasting that bought Adult Swim to Warner Bros was announced in March 4, 2019. Well before the December 2019 R&M pinball reveal and Rick and Morty went to market. At that point Spooky was selling them and saying that content would be coming from future seasons. When would the contract have changed relative to the Turner Broadcasting reshuffle?

I don't think the merger was actually realized until May of 2022

#7940 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Any unboxing tips? Mines in production and final invoice paid!

I have ten foot ceilings in my game room so I was able to cut the straps and lift the box off in one piece from the top. I hate watching people cut with a box cutter. I then laid the machine on my lift table sideways, unwrapped, lifted the pin up with said lift table and put on legs. Moved into position.

#7949 1 year ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

And now coasterguy has his game listed for sale at a deep discount too. What is it with this game that so many people seem to talk it up when they first get it, and then a few weeks later they are taking a massive hit to get it out of their game room?? Does this game give you cancer or something? I have never seen so many abrupt flip-flops on any title before and it's discouraging. Mine is coming soon and I will definitely not be running here to gush about it the first night I have it. I will try to let the experience sink in for a while. If I think it's a turkey, I would rather wrap it in plastic and store it away like a time capsule than take a $2k+ hit on it right away.

Once they are all built and settle in to peoples collections, only then will you see the demand soar. It is a unique game that sets itself apart.

#7952 1 year ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

That's why I am surprised these owners cannot even endure having the game in their lineup until after it's out of production. It is what it is though. I'm completing my purchase and the game is coming, for better or worse. Sometimes the red-headed step child games end up connecting with me anyway, but i'll be sure to be candid about the experience here.

There are many ways to approach the game, different modes and ways to progress. I seriously don't understand the knee-jerk reactions of some people. Unless they were flippers with little interest in the theme...

#7971 1 year ago

I've seen boobs, and I feared the Reaper. But I haven't seen any bugs. (I may suck too bad to get that far!)

#7978 1 year ago

Thank you. Love pinball life and will order this week!

#7991 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

Get a good laugh every time I hear it, after somebody thought it was a monkey it just gets my goat every time lol.

Love the pin so far, but I agree. I'm sick and tired of explaining to people there is not a monkey in the game. It really has to go

#7995 1 year ago
Quoted from jb007gd:

Found it! You are correct!

I'd rather have the scream.

#8017 1 year ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

I have HWN and UM side-by-side. The resolution/quality of the clips in UM are far better quality than HWN. Since there isn't the same pixilation issue in UM, I'm assuming the HWN issue has nothing to do with the hardware.

Let's hope with the new team doing video we will see an improvement.

#8022 1 year ago
Quoted from GameJunkie:

Just setup my Halloween and I’m at a screen asking me to setup the system language. The control buttons inside the coin door aren’t doing anything and I can’t get past this message.
Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

That's odd, I fired mine up first time and started playing, no adjustments

#8057 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Ok, Halloween dropped below an 8.0 which is absurd… there’s no way that Led Zep is even in the same universe as Halloween. Owners.. if you havnt left a review please do. You’ve spent the most time on the game and buyers who are on the fence need to hear from you. Or… Do it for Spooky! Top 100 resets in two days.

I'm not going to review mine until code is closer to completion. It may be much higher then if they blow me away. Right now, with limited plays since I got it, I would say I'm at about an 8.9. Very pleased this far!

#8066 1 year ago

Spooky direct, about 3 weeks after payment, butter

#8074 1 year ago
Quoted from delawarejason:

I keep reading about Spooky's excellent customer service and wanted to share my experience with this game...
When my game arrive it had no plaque, would not launch a ball when the game began, and had some other minor issues. After a few calls to AJ, to his credit, mailed me a new CPU and new board (Pinotaur). SUPER!
Now the game tilts randomly, the left elevator raises and falls all game, and a few lights are out, most notable is the Jack-O-Lantern. I am fairly new at the pinball world so I asked if a tech in the area would be an option to take a deeper dive into the machine and they refused to pay. The tech is currently contracting with Spooky for Halloween game that was also experience major issues near me but won't extend that offer to me. They said I could ship it back to them at my expense but that's another $600 and the game is less than four months old.
I called and left four messages this week for AJ and Morgan and did not receive a call back.
It seems they have, historically, had a pretty good track record with customer service but I can't say I am seeing that. I know the game is dropping like a rock in the rankings and I think it's largely due to the issues we are seeing on the forums and others that are having a similar experience as me. I was super pumped to get this game but now I can't even get it working to sell. It's been a very disappointing first experience with Spooky.

That's odd. I got mine 3 weeks ago and it's played flawless so far.

As far as the rankings, some people only like pure flow games. This one isn't like every other Stern out there. Playing on locations is not ideal. It's best in a home environment so you can be immersed in the game play. It really feels like you are being stalked by Micheal, lots of suspense.

#8076 1 year ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:It could also be that a lot of people simply dislike the game and the qc has been pretty bad for some people. I had my worst qc experience with my UM, and I find the game to be simply be ok. Neither will ever be considered top-shelf titles. It's just the gamble you take with fomo ordering. I think many learned a good lesson. There are those who love the games too, and that's great.

I'm sure that is part of it as well. It's not for everyone.
Not sure how the layout carried over for UM, but I think it works extremely well for Halloween.

Reminds me of when stranger things came out and so many were crapping on it. I played a bunch of pins at a dealer and found I really enjoyed stranger things the most. Code caught up and bam, it was HOT. A year later I kicked myself for not buying it. Not saying this will happen with Halloween but I see a lot of potential.

#8112 1 year ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Hey, man. This is sad and my heart goes out to you. Many owners act like since there's is fine all is well, but this title seems to have a lot more issues than usual. Did you buy through a dealer or direct from Spooky? If through a dealer I'd say it's time to ask your dealer to get involved and create some solutions. Good luck and let us know the result.

Don't get me wrong, I agree it sucks if you have problems. I just want people to know there are some games out there with no problems and I was one. Pinball is hard! Hopefully you get resolution.

#8122 1 year ago
Quoted from Waxx:

I came here to say that I feel bad for every Halloween owner just trying to enjoy their game while some people troll every other thread. It's not endearing.

All I know is a motherfucking hand holding a knife stabs the game while the frantic modes, creepy ass music and bad ass light show are going on. And sometimes I get to see tits.

I'm not "just trying to enjoy" my game. I'm fucking loving it.

#8135 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Worth it for the Loomis alone. I can definitely understand the Michael overkill concern but I actually find that adding a big Michael in the center kinda takes away from the odd-ness of already having three at the hedges. So, now…he’s just kinda everywhere haha.

I'm starting to maybe think of possibly making a mod that would be bat-shit awesome. If I can only find the time. It will be killer though.

#8176 1 year ago
Quoted from Deez:

#615 CE butter shipped next week. Can't wait to see how the butter compares to my regular cab.

Never saw a decaled cab but my butter is absolutely stunning.

#8216 1 year ago
Quoted from xian222:

I have CE 603 wrapped snugly in her butter blankets in my garage and I'm on the fence about whether I'm going to unwrap her or not. It's 100% my grail theme but I've got two left hands, the thought of me lifting a play field sounds like a disaster waiting to happen, etc. I've read enough comments on pinside to know that I'm probably just not the right person to be owning a pinball machine. But, I really want this game ha! I am ahead on the deposit so I figure I have at least $500 to throw at a local tech should I have issues. However, if I have multiple issues, that 500 would get burnt up pretty quickly. I don't have any pinball owner friends so I'm out of luck there. Honestly not sure what I'm going to do.

I received mine 3 weeks ago. Played about 75 games so far. I have yet to lift the playfield or have one problem. Nothing ventured, nothing gained!

#8244 1 year ago

I guess I'm lucky. I've had a fascination for pinball since I was 6. Played on location my whole life until about 2006 when I bought a beat up firepower and nightmare on elm street for a package deal of $950. Didn't know shit about fixing pins, but thanks to RGP I got them up and running and never looked back.

25 or so pins later, I know these things need help at one point or another. But I have the confidence that if I can't figure it out, I have a whole community willing to help until I do.

Often lost in the stupid squabbles and arguments between us on this site is that we all have a common goal. It's pinball. And we will all stop and try to help anyone at the drop off a dime.

Hopefully, Spooky will be there to help. But know we will try to help in any way possible as well.

It's a great game and I hope everyone eventually sees the potential this game has.

#8253 1 year ago

I bought a brand new Chevy truck about 17 years back. Only brand new vehicle I ever bought. At the time was $57K (US). 2 months in, with about 500 miles, I went shopping on Christmas Eve to get my four kids presents. I turned the key off and pulled it out and the damn thing kept running. I was like WTF. On Christmas Eve? Needless to say, even the best laid plans of mice and men often go awry.

I had to wait 3 days because of the holiday to get the situation corrected. It sucked at the time but to this day I drive a Chevy with 240,000 miles on it and it just keeps going.

I wish I had a point but I just would like people to acknowledge shit goes bad sometimes. If Spooky starts turning a blind eye, that's when we all have problems.

#8278 1 year ago
Quoted from vincz:

Halloween CE is coming !
for the next games made, would Spooky be so kind as to " ADD "connectors allowing the removal of the playfield rather than wires to be cut to remove the playfield !! I absolutely need to remove the playfield from the cabinet to be able to take the pinball down to my basement
it's not what a few connectors cost so please god hear me

Why do you have to remove your playfield?

#8295 1 year ago
Quoted from CrisCrow:

Anyone know what the process is if youve accepted the delivery and inspected beforehand to notice significant damage after? Box had damage. We opened and inspected while driver was here looking for any damage or scratches to find none. Upon setup i notice the shooter plate is smashed in and wood cracked all the way down the Front of the cab but the decal is intact making it very difficult to spot until assembly

Seems as there was a process to follow on the sheet taped to the box applied by spooky.

#8310 1 year ago

Does 1.08 on my screen mean I have 1.08a code? Is there an a behind the latest update?

#8312 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

1.08a is the current code. If it says 1.08 you need to update.

Awww shit. Thanks.

#8319 1 year ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Does the knocker go off when the score has been reached?

Speaking of the knocker... Why is it so quiet? With the theme, you would think the startling noise of the knocker would compliment the tension.

#8324 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Sell a couple games and buy it! These prices aren’t gonna stay below msrp for long. After October’s code update it will likely start going up.

I agree with this. And I'm not selling so I'm not trying to hype it.

This is a great game, in my opinion. It tickles nerve receptors in my brain no other pins do.

#8339 1 year ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Thanks for getting 3x further than me in like 1 month, I've only had the game like 11 months longer than you.

I'm lucky if I get any 4 of those thirteen in one game.

I suck.

#8347 1 year ago

Going to play one game right now and post my score. Someone else do the same. One game.

Ps I suck

#8348 1 year ago

5.192,920. Michael was ready for me...

#8364 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

One have challenge accepted…ONE GAME swear to christ after two shots of Jameson and seven Miler high lifes
6/8 modes completed
3/8 modes complete with final hurry up
Boogeyman played with 1 SJ
House multi complete with SJ
Sani missed final shot
House missed final shot
Not my Best by a long shot but pretty good for a half drink one off.
Out of order Progress shots for proof haha
Happy Saturday mahfakkas
(My top score of is 174 mil)

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Admittedly, I've been so busy I have not had a lot of time on it yet. I need to level it better and check the pitch. I still am for high risk shots for some dumb reason. My high score to date is only 34 million lol

#8369 1 year ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

We know. Not every negative experience needs your ray of positivity to counter it. Even you have to admit that after a year of cranking these out there should be a bit more fit & finish to these newly unboxed games.

If I were running spooky, I would have one person with experience play the pin being shipped right before it goes into the box. Recorded on video and that person makes sure every switch servo etc are properly working. Then if the customer has issues out of the box, we know it occurred in shipping. Once the problem is found, it can be addressed. How can we prevent x wire or y connector from getting disconnected in shipping. Plus things like a reverse wired flipper would be caught before shipping.

They ship 10 per day. It's absolutely feasible. I'm lucky mine plays 100% but the issues some are having should be caught unless it occurred in shipping.

It's an amazing game that deserves a thorough final inspection.

#8372 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I believe they do. The “inspected by” stickers seem to indicate that this step IS being taken. Perhaps not always thoroughly.

That's where the video comes in. A tool to know how something was missed. People aren't perfect but correcting problems should always be a priority.

#8385 1 year ago

All manufactures should be paying more attention. But all us idiots buy them anyway and they can't keep up with manufacturing.

Obvious answer is we quit buying flawed machines. Ain't gonna happen unless the economy gets really bad.

#8411 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Boogeyman is a sub wizard mode, not the final wizard mode. ‘The night he came homes’ is (which has not been programmed yet) Also Boogeyman is relatively easy to get to in game if you focus and prioritize. Forget playing modes and simply collect the super jackpots for each of the three multiballs. That’s it. I’m confident that most of you could do this. All you need is a firm understanding of the rules and some practice. Best to learn how to do this now before the final wiz comes out!
If I want a quick Boogeyman run I do this exactly…without shooting for any thing else. No pumpkin modes, no bloodstore, no Jack o lantern, no nothing… JUST THIS:
- Hit Ramp shots to light House. Butt pretzel the spinners. Balcony shot to start multi. Focus on the balcony stopper Jackpot only. Collect it. Drain the multi and move on.
- Shoot Sanitarium. Hit targets and scoop shot to start. Trap up a ball on each flipper and carefully pick off the blood targets till the store Jackpot is lit. Shoot sani playfield with left flip while trapping on right. Trap up the ball and collect super jackpot at sani scoop. Drain one ball move on
- Shoot for Hedge multi. Smash the left ramp to light hedges collect all three and hit final super jackpot. Drain two balls and move on.
- Shoot scoop to light BOOGEYMAN. Lock six balls and play the multi.
I have done this on ball 1 numerous times and so can you. Focus and practice. Trap up, take a breath and deliver some well intentioned shots.
It is easier than it sounds.
Good luck!

I literally could play two complete games in the time it takes to read this lol (that is how bad I suck). Maybe in the winter when I have more time to play I will reach this level hahaha

#8414 1 year ago
Quoted from BlueRiverLore:

I've only had my pin for a few days and knocking targets down, hitting the Michaels, getting the pumpkin scoop and locking balls with Judith and hitting the spinners. Yesterday I was just playing along and I get a multiball. I'm thinking wow this is fun... how did I do that? I'm just having fun playing and learning different flipper shots but pretty soon I'll actually take time to learn the game and get a score over 20 million. YeeeHaaaa!

Exactly the boat I am in. Just trying to hit shots and stay alive. It's part of the fun, leaving a lot to be discovered as I learn. Lasting power.

#8493 1 year ago

The crazy thing is, other than when a mode starts and there's a pause, I have zero clue what's on the screen. This game won't let me look up... Or I die!

#8512 1 year ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

What do you mean? They want invoice paid in full before setting up with a shipper?
They don't just come and pick up the game the next day spooky is ready to ship.
Have you ever shipped a game before? I

Think he is referring to the Fang club

#8517 1 year ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

That's what I thought at first..lol
Then I am like maybe he is mad he has to pay the invoice before it ships? Seems like a lot of complaining..lol

He mentions $45, pretty sure Halloween is a little bit more than that lol

#8526 1 year ago

Oh that's badass. I'm going to have to check that out. Is it a pretty easy mod to install?

X2 yes please!

#8548 1 year ago
Quoted from delawarejason:

Ok, after some help from a helpful pinsider, I was able to determine my left lift was due to some pin connectivity on the board that was replaced. A few wiggles and it seems to work. While we were chatting, I realized I had about half of my flashers that are also not working including the Jack-o-Lantern. During the flasher test there are only a few lights illuminated and many that are not on. I assume this is a fuse issue but the ones on the board are lit up and green. Are there other sets of fuses that may be controlling the flashers that I am missing?
After 87 days of ownership, I was able to play my game today as it was intended to be played.... LOVE the game!!!!! Don't love Spooky's customer support though.
Let me know if anyone has thoughts on the flashers. All other lights are working normally.

I must admit I'm very confused on the quality control topic. Some have had such issues and many like me have had zero issue.

As a company, they need to ask how there can be such a discrepancy. There has to be a weak link in the chain that can be identified and addressed.

Most are doing their job properly but some obviously are not. You need to identify the problem spooky!

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

1 week later
#8715 1 year ago
Quoted from timtim:

All non butter standards by Halloween? Over/under

40 per week, 320 by Halloween... but when the Butter cabs come in for the CE's they will push the others back. Over.

Quoted from Roostking:

This wait!!!! My distro got me all excited a couple weeks ago wanting full payment and then of course he comes back and said oh wait you're a butter cab never mind we'll still take full payment but we don't know when you're getting your pin.
I really hope they arent having an issue with this and will be able to still get them.

I know the wait is hard, but damn it is pretty. Also, buying direct with Spooky seemed to lessen the wait. That distributor allotment and numbering seems funky.

#8769 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

If you are re-buying the same stock Soooky servos you should get these instead. Plug and play, they have metal gears instead of plastic. Much more durable and very cheap.
amazon.com link »

I'll have to get a few of these just in case.

No real problems yet, but the first Micheal looks like he's jerking off behind the bush when the game boots up. I think it's kinda funny.

#8871 1 year ago
Quoted from timtim:

I can’t lie, dropping my deposit does cross my mind. The big saving grace for me is the one on location by me has been solid. Well now the mikes don’t work.
I also think they should have fix the scoop issue 100s of games ago. Haven’t played one yet the doesn’t reject around 75%.
Besides price I went with a standard because I was hoping problems would be ironed out. The ramp replacement was a good move, but they should have added more robust servos by now.
I’m still going through, the game is fun and I absolutely love the theme. Just scared of all the “lemons” I’ve seen pop up. But man when this thing is going it is great fun.

Yes, Spooky hasnt helped me at all either!!!

To be fair, my game has had zero issues. I was nervous as well before I got my game, but damn, so far so good.

It's such a great game!

#8881 1 year ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

I think the problem isn't any one of these things, it's all of them taken as a whole. Many people are experiencing an unreasonable number of issues, many of which seem 100% avoidable. The fact that a pin company can stay in business with all of the things you mentioned being -common- is a testament to their customer service. But I can't imagine any other company having THIS many issues and people still cheerleading them along. I really hope their next pin has more of the demons worked out, but I won't be the first in line to find out at this point.

Go read the Elvira house of horrors thread. As bad if not worse than this on shit going bad.

#8966 1 year ago

I think the plaques on the blood suckers are irrelevant, but at the same time if it was an advertised option they should send them.

A few bucks a piece to keep people happy, yeah I'd do that spooky. Goodwill.

#9033 1 year ago
Quoted from Spacemanratso09:

I can’t tell either I guess I could ask the guy
I think if it was you would know I’ve never had butter on my 3 spooky games this one certainly is shiny but I don’t think it’s that shiny butter I believe is crazy shiny

Yup they are there they are on now he showed me when I picked up the game

It's a $1000 option, surprised you didn't ask.

#9047 1 year ago
Quoted from Mundy53:

Halloween is one of 15 games I currently own. I can assure you this isn’t my first rodeo and the outlets in my house aren’t the issue.
After about a month of ownership, Judith Meyers drop target reset locked on and took out the coil and transistor. Replaced board, same thing happened again 2 months later. Finally got around to put in board number 3 this week and after 3 days of play a transistor randomly let go (for the middle playfield reset) blowing a fuse. On to board number 4…. No controlled lighting. Just swapped back in board number 3 and verified that board number 4 is the issue…
Spooky customer service has been great, but this, the powder coat and so other problems have given real Halloween burnout. Definitely the least reliable NiB game I’ve ever owned.

There has got to be a hidden problem causing these issues. It just makes no sense to have that many "unrelated" problems. Mine is still playing zero issues.

#9052 1 year ago
Quoted from Mundy53:

Well I’m happy for you then Beechwood. Mine has been a lemon thus far. I would love to find a hidden problem. But as of yet, neither I, Spooky, or anyone on this forum has found anything to isolate said problem over my months of ownership.

Sounds like a crazy problem and I understand your frustration. It's got to be a pinched wire that's shorting or one small thing that's so hidden you can't see it. Sucks for sure! It's unfortunate as it's such a great game. Hope you get to the bottom of it. If you lived closer I'd be the first one to help track the problem down.

#9075 1 year ago

Moderators, please key post the scoop adjustment and alternative part #. Thanks!

#9113 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

No, if I blast them head on the down go down. The only thing that works is a light tap shot. I don’t personally mind it as it adds some extra element of technique for me…but the noobs hate it haha

I blast the fuck outta mine. They go down just fine (out of box).

#9154 1 year ago
Quoted from BWT67:

He's come home! Hopefully get it setup this evening.
[quoted image]

Ok, we want to know how the hell you got the back glass out of a sealed/strapped box???

3c1424ea3a5dcf4d8762e76bd1e6f565bea1d036 (resized).jpg3c1424ea3a5dcf4d8762e76bd1e6f565bea1d036 (resized).jpg
#9237 1 year ago

I just received a weird email from UPS stating I have a Spooky delivery scheduled for Friday. It was shipped next day air at a weight of .10 pounds. The funny thing is, I didn’t order anything and Spooky doesn’t owe me any parts. Anybody else get a strange shipping notice?

Fang club kit?

#9257 1 year ago

I just got done playing 4 games and I can't do shit. I must really suck cause I can barely get a jackpot let alone a super jackpot! Bonus is that the game is so fun anyway. I am just confused how I ended up in suckville after playing pins my whole life!

#9306 1 year ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Its finally time to cut this bad boy open!
[quoted image]

Homer in the background drooling... "Butter...."

485c83e29ac11eddd9415593bfcb4bb1f25029e3 (resized).jpg485c83e29ac11eddd9415593bfcb4bb1f25029e3 (resized).jpg
#9313 1 year ago

It appears I got a Fang Club kit. Didn't think I was still active. The beer mug is actually pretty darn cool. Sorry I took the photo on my Star Gazer. It provided a much flatter surface.
[quoted image]

Nice. FYI I called it. Enjoy!

#9332 1 year ago
Quoted from timtim:

1216 is officially paid for. Now I wait.

Mine came 2 weeks after, Spooky direct. You should be good for Halloween!!

#9362 1 year ago
Quoted from finnflash:

I need some help dialing in my upper playfield. I watched the video and cant really adjust anything he mentions in it.
The pretzel shot can only really be done once, it seems pretty sluggish coming from under the stairs. And the shot up the stairs is difficult, but not impossible.
Any tips on what I need to do? Visually that playfield looks to be slanted to the left, but the screw mentioned only backed out of the wood and didn't raise it.

Mine must be dialed in because I finally got the pretzel when I shot the right spinner and accidently kept my flipper up. Oh what a feeling!

#9369 1 year ago
Quoted from finnflash:

My thought was you could hit it over and over. but if it's meant to be hit 1 at a time, mine might be dialed in also.

I can do more than one. It's possible but I suck. And I had a light reflection on the third play field from my lights which made it very hard to see. I only have about 50 plays on her but I'm getting better. Lots to unlock and see as I progress.

#9382 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Most likely because the lowest score on it is like 180 mil. I’d reset them but…I like to push people to take me down haha

C'mon man, reset the scores. My high score is 36 million after 6 weeks of owning. Throw the paying public a bone, and a free credit or two!

#9384 1 year ago

I will revise my review once new code comes in. Game to me is all high marks, but still lacks in polish in the presentation. If they are updating the videos, adding new animations, and adding to it with the next update then I'm sure my ranking will go up.

Same with me. It is up to Spooky to really up their code to a high level before I give my review. Pressures on, Spooky!!! Everything else about the game is high marks for certain.

#9408 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Im not particularly an Alien or Halloween movie buff, and I havent even see an Alien PB , much less play one(I know there are some in AZ, let me play!!)
I would have been worried about the reliability of the Alien pinball machines old school and new school. When Halloween was released I feel like I found another pin that's gonna provide that same type of atmosphere, so I jumped.
Ive played it less than 20 times and just know its going to kick my sensory overload ass with lights off and movie cranked!!!

Hey get the anti rattle tape. Between the sub and the shaker it's too intense. I still have to get some cause that glass rattle drives me crazy, although it adds to the anxiety of the atmosphere.

#9424 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinman502:

Curious how others are dealing with flipper fade? I get into a game play about 20 minutes, and then the flippers get so weak they will not make it up to center ramp. The first 10 to 15 shots will go up with no problem after that barely make it.

I have not had any fade so far.

#9442 1 year ago
Quoted from spooky_dj:

Nice synth dude!!
Fun fact: some of the sound effects you hear in HWN were made on my synth:[quoted image]

The ball save effect needs to be changed. It's abrasive on my brain!

#9584 1 year ago
Quoted from Bagdad:

I can't explain what it is exactly, for me it just feel lacking on the sound package.
I have an AIQ next to it, when I push the start button, it feel much better: "Hammer sound blending with a whoompf then the music blend in and then menacing voice blend in, etc". Every sound & music blend perfectly within each other."
On Halloween, when I push the start button: " Pause, super loud yelling, pause, music start"...I think it just need someone to master it to blend everything together.
Anyway, I'm not all negative on that game. I mean, best art package ever, shoots well and to code is good, but the sound package... it's not there yet...

AIQ is action. Halloween is suspense.

Try adjusting the f/x and speech volume as was suggested. Mine doesn't yell when I hit start.

#9598 1 year ago

I noticed something odd today. As previously mentioned, I suck at pinball. I was noticing as I lost the ball on ball 1 with no points, the ball save was active but it gave me points for the ball save. I thought that was kinda cheap since I didn't do anything.

Then I noticed the points it gave me... 19,780.

Nice touch!

#9719 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyBug:

Do you want those each individually over thirteen years or all thirteen on one layout next year?

Definitely one at a time. I wish Halloween had all the focus of code updates, nothing against Ultraman. But this game deserves undivided attention of all the resources possible! It's a masterpiece waiting to be fully unleashed.

#9796 1 year ago

--- Thinking new code dropped and finding it's an argument over pinside pinball reviews---

Sigh... Stupid hobby. I need a beer...

#9816 1 year ago
Quoted from TheCoinSlotTC:

#1244 here, awaiting our standard. Anyone have a clue if we’ll be playing this thing before actual Halloween? Asked the same question on Spooky FB but no response.

You could have a CE this weekend. I'll drive it up and trade for your Rick and Morty

#9855 1 year ago
Quoted from MattElder:

We spend many thousands of dollars on a NIB game and then have to source a $5 board elsewhere. Just put the damn thing in every model and charge a few more bucks.

Do you see the rediculousness of your statement? Lol .. we pinball geeks are all a little crazy

#9875 1 year ago
Quoted from dnapac:

#12…rarely had a problem. Those without problems, just play. No reason to be on the boards. Those with problems…Spooky’s service is second to none. That said, there is always the outlier…just contact Spooky.

Are book clubs only for people who have a problem with the book?

#9877 1 year ago

I wish spooky incorporated a setting to not stack modes. Multiple modes means multiple shots flashing and I'm unsure what to shoot. My wife was reading the tiny instructions on the LCD to me as I was in multi ball, cause there's no way to look up when you are trying to hit the balcony shot while keeping the main playfield balls in play.

#9900 1 year ago

Question: I enabled in the settings for Attract Mode Music: ON and Attract Mode Sounds: ON and I thought that while it sits idle I'd hear some of each coming from the pin but so far nothing.
Anyone else try these settings?

Yup, only when you hit a flipper button otherwise silent

#9947 1 year ago
Quoted from Mundy53:

Not trying to convince you of anything. I support small manufacturers. I’ve owned a Dutch Pinball for about 2 years, have a Whiz-Bang, and am getting a P3 soon. I haven’t had any issues with the support AJ has provided me. I know of 2 manufacturers based in Illinois that give about zero support once a game is sold. My Halloween has been nothing but a headache however. I’m throwing in the towel. Game is for sale cheap. You are more than welcome to buy it.

Why not replace the shorted coil and see if the issues go away? At minimum if you fix it then you can get better resale. At best, it works great and you love the game and keep it. Worth a shot at this point.

Edit: I just read your for sale listing. I don't blame you for selling. Just wish I was closer. $6k is a steal

#9949 1 year ago

Yes, but I thought you meant by end of that halloween night so just ignored Judith hah

"Judith Meyers. Row 18, plot 20."

How could you forget?

#9995 1 year ago

Of course they don't include the boards, it's too save money. And while some are competent, some newb Jack's the machine trying to install a shaker motor and spooky is supposed to warranty it?

#10126 1 year ago

I was assembling my new blackstone last night and my 4 year old was "helping". He dropped a piece of packing material and when he bent over to pick it up he nailed his forhead on the shooter handle. Big old goose egg and mark.

When his mother asked what happened, he said "Michael Meyers did it with his knife handle".

Can't wait to get the call from his teacher today, and a possible visit from CPS...

#10160 1 year ago
Quoted from smoke20:

1149 BSE just came home. I am adjusting one of the hedges and performing other pre-power checks. I was all prepared to drill a port in the bottom of the cabinet to head off the glass rattle. I am puzzled because I see a vent in the back wall of the cabinet. I cannot imagine that this woofer moves enough air to require the cabinet to need additional venting. Yet this appears to be a solution to rattle.
Just curious; has everybody found the additional venting to be needed?

I'm going to use anti rattle tape since the shaker motor is so strong it shakes the glass as well. Plus the sub needs to be turned down to almost zero or it overpowers

#10191 1 year ago

This game just kicks my ass non stop.

I feel like the token character that you know is going to get killed off from the start. 34 mil is my high score and I'm just embarrassed at this point....

#10196 1 year ago

My high score is almost 59 million and I was so damn proud that I listed it in High Scores and it's currently #7. The very next game I scored 5 million and I was humbled very quickly. What a great and frustrating game.

After looking at the high score page, I don't feel as bad. But still wish it was a little more clear how to progress in the game.

Oh, and I hope they change the call outs when you drain. Hearing "the evil is gone" or "job well done" when it goes strait down the middle is super frustrating. I need a "play better" or "see you in hell" to taunt me as I'm swearing and tilting the machine after a cheap drain

#10198 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

It’s actually very simple at the moment.
Obtain the 3 super jackpots for each playfields multiball to go directly to the ‘Boogeyman’ Sub Wiz mode.
Focusing on this and stacking modes in the process can easily net scores over 100 mil
Also, after you play three pumpkin modes you can play ‘Jack o lantern’ multiball. Focus on qualifying the jackpots on the balcony, the sanitarium and the hedge in this multi to light the roving super jackpot such restarts the multi.
Completion of the modes and hurry ups is not crucial at this point in the code but I’m sure ‘The night here comes home’ will require completion of all the modes as well as the previous qualifiers for ‘Boogeyman’
Really cool game and really cool rules. This so be considered Spooky’s best after it starts to click with people.

I guess I just get confused when multiple modes are stacked. Which flashing lights are for which mode? That's usually where I just start flailing lol.

Definitely a great game and I just need more time on it.

#10202 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

All of the insert lightning makes sense in stacked modes or otherwise. I’d suggest just trapping up taking a breather and pausing to make sense of what’s going on in the game. For example…you’re in Hedge multi stacked with kitchen? L ramp will be lit green to qualify green knives at hedge for jackpots. All blood targets will be lit for Kitchen shots. Sanitarium multi stacked with Bob and Linda? Purple shots are Bob and Linda and blood targets are Sanitarium shots.

I guess I just get overwhelmed, this is a real stress inducing game! I think when more people get to explore this game in a home environment it will really become a very sought after game . Oh, with new code too.

These tips have helped and after 200 games, it's finally starting to make sense.

#10241 1 year ago
Quoted from smoke20:

Question. Which flipper button controls the Sanitarium flipper? The left? Really?

You get used to it quickly.

#10310 1 year ago
Quoted from Jamieryan71:

That picture is pretty deceiving because of the angle. Here’s a picture from above my the flippers. [quoted image]

I love the look, very nice!

#10318 1 year ago

A code drop is coming very soon... I can feel it in my bones!

#10392 1 year ago

It should be the creepy clown Michael. Spooky’s quality control is concerning but in this case I kinda like it. I am sure Spooky will send you the correct one but I would hold off swapping it out. I makes your game unique.

I'll trade you for mine... I hate clowns

#10457 1 year ago

Code request.

1. A setting to carry over your progress into the next ball if you want. I don't want to start every ball shooting the stand ups.

2. Don't have the blood targets disappear when a mode starts.

Yes, this game is a challenge for me and I'd like the option to progress easier.

#10468 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

No and no... Both of which go completely against the way the rule sets work and the flow of the game...

As an option, not the main code. I feel the flow is impeded when hitting drops over and over

#10512 1 year ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

Sorry about that; didn't see it was the standing target.
Wires on target lugs the obvious but you checked those; definitely find the other end and check the connector to the board; could be loose, or the crimps could be janky. Have seen that a few times on my Ultraman.
RM

Are you sure it is not registering? Except on the skill shot you need to hit it 5 times before it captures the ball. And the call out after you hit that back target is delayed a few seconds after you hit it.

#10574 1 year ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

Thanks but they should have fitted that as standard, I could tell straight away it didn’t sound right.
Will order one here in the UK for £10.

I had to turn my sub WAY down from factory setting. It sounds great now.

#10626 1 year ago
Quoted from AndHart120:

Has anyone finely tuned their sound somehow to cut down on the bass coming from the Loomis voice? The sound and music are excellent but I am getting bass thumps from the voiceover, like it wasn’t recorded cleanly. I have the vocals down at 25%.

I turned machines volume up, adjusted the amp volume down, then I found I could find the sweet spot adjustingg the sub on the amp. Its barely above 0 or 1 (hard to see) and it got rid of that thump. The sub dial is closest to you on right side of amp if you reach in from the coin door.

#10643 1 year ago

I agree with all the above. But there's this...

We need moments. Big, "you did this" moments. You just passed this mode and it's a big deal.

That's what I'm looking for.

#10659 1 year ago

I like Halloween, the holiday, a LOT. Its the ambiance and atmosphere mostly. I always liked the movie but was not arabid fan.

I watched the movie last night and was amazed how much the pin has taught me about the movie and how much the rewatch has taught me about the pin.

I suggest everyone rewatch the movie again if you own this pin!

#10805 1 year ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

Agreed, the scoop is not a problem

It is really too bad Zach didn't tweak his scoop shot before reviewing. It really skewed his score. Mine was and is not hard to hit. Also, how can anyone give the art anything less than the A range... that's crazy!

#10818 1 year ago

ZMeny your review is way off base. I have seen all of your reviews and you are predisposed to not like it. ART: Leaves on the plastics are muddled so its a B??? Serious my man. Adjust your scoop and enjoy, or go back to your vanilla Sterns and stop reviewing games that you don't have the fortitude to explore. Greg was spot on, but Zach you like the McDonalds of pinball.

Greg, you rock!

#10848 1 year ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

But what does that have to do with me reviewing Halloween on Halloween? So when I sell a game for too much people complain and now I’m getting heat for selling a game too reasonably? Maybe, just maybe, people like to complain and draw conclusions that make no sense to their original accusations.

I have a feeling this game will be much like the walking dead. Once code catches up it's going to be fire!

Nothing personal Zach, but I've always been team Greg and I respect his review more

Oh, and to those bashing Zach for his selling price... If I sell mine too cheap I'll tell you to go pound sand as well. My game, my decision.

Hey, it's only pinball.

#10855 1 year ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Wife decorating for Christmas today. Tis the season, I’m a giver

My wife put up 2 trees and decorations as well today. My butt puckered as I realized my wallet is about to shrink.

#10871 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

My wife put up 2 trees and decorations as well today. My butt puckered as I realized my wallet is about to shrink.

Quoted from lancestorm:

That’s not where the credit card goes!

It is the only place my wife can't find it lol.

#10878 1 year ago
Quoted from qbass187:

I'm new-ish to Spooky pins. what's the difference between a regular CE and one with a "Butter Cab"?

The Butter cab is direct printed on the cabinet and is stunning. It was a $1000 option

#10883 1 year ago

I guess my point is reviews are a good thing to read and evaluate if someones high points or complaints are meaningful to you. You can use it to pinpoint things in a game and then determine if you can live with it or not. If reviews were the end all, be all then every game would be the exact same thing.

I love Greg and Zach putting out the reviews and all their pin content. I find it entertaining and informative.

The problem I had was when Zach rated it low for enjoyability, citing the scoop rejects making him so angry. I knew if he took a minute to adjust it, that would probably would have been a higher score. (I know because mine never rejects a clean scoop shot.)

But in the end it is all good. Looking forward to the next review ZMeny !

#10901 1 year ago
Quoted from BradLinden:

Ultraman owner jumping over here to brainstorm a mod idea:
I think the Michael Myers' swinging out from the behind the hedges is a fun effect, and it has a purpose w/ the multiball jackpots. However, I'm a little disappointed that when you're standing playing the game, the hedges don't actually "hide" the characters. What if someone designed additional hedges(?)* that could go between the main hedges and act as a hiding place for the Michaels? You'd end up seeing less of the ball coming down the wireform, but I think the effect of the Michaels appearing out of nowhere would be a really cool improvement.
The dotted line in my sketch represents the additional building (w/ a dog house style cutout for the character to come out from).
This feels like it wouldn't be too difficult for someone with access to a 3d printer? Not looking to make money off of these, just wanted to see if others thought it could work or had ideas how to execute.
(*on ultraman, the hedges are buildings, so adding more buildings makes a little more sense than adding more hedges...but I'm sure there's something we could add there.)
[quoted image]

I actually thought of this as well and did research into the hedge material to do exactly what you proposed. But then... Life got in the way.

3 weeks later
#11316 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

This has been the first review that anyone who looks, sees… for THIRTEEN DAYS straight. Someone go leave a reasonable review. This review is f’n trash. There is not a pin of the planet that is bad enough to justify a 3. I’m not even sure I’d rate Thunderbirds that low. You’d really have to TRY to leave a review this bad. Honestly.
[quoted image]

Not sure what pin he played, but mine doesn't have a DMD...

#11371 1 year ago

Here's my update. 4 months of ownership. 258 plays. I have taken the glass off three times. Once because my wife launched an airball into the pumpkin and knocked it off and one time a ball flew and got stuck behind a plastic. The other time I shortened the springs on drops.
I adjusted the amp to turn the sound from a muddled mess to a balanced, crisp, amazing sound.

I'm not discounting the problems some have, but mine has been rock solid. Other than updated code which I know is coming, I couldn't be more impressed with the quality. I loved my Ghostbusters, but this feels 10 times more solid.

Thank you spooky. My machine has lived up to my expectations!

#11375 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

What settings did you change on the amp?

I turned up the volume on the coin door, then turned down the sub volume on the amp. It is the closest knob on the amp to the front of machine when you reach in there. It is super sensitive and takes a bit of tweaking to get it balanced but what a difference!

#11422 1 year ago
Quoted from Total-Insanity:I second this. Is there a tutorial page or video on how to install the updates on this machine, especially for us non computer literate people?

There have been many posts covering the process but none has been made a key post

#11509 1 year ago

Its OUT
RAGEOUS that we don't have the code yet.

Ok, now THAT was a dick move!

#11547 1 year ago

"I hope you didn't come alone!"

16403d2a96bc19addc913786c8af5b9571b52b6e (resized).png16403d2a96bc19addc913786c8af5b9571b52b6e (resized).png
#11778 1 year ago

I'm looking forward to the promised Judith Myers shot changes. And the basic "cohesiveness" of the shot progression. It's a great game but still sooooo much potential to make it epic.

And the boobs. Hell, I'd pay extra to have it slowed down and zoomed just to feel like a reward. Talk about innovation!!

#11825 1 year ago

And here I sit, with the update loaded on my laptop, but for a lack of a USB drive I can't load it. Do I brave the holiday crowds to buy one? Ugh the struggle is real as I still play 1.08, not even 1.08a!

#11839 1 year ago

Is everyone sending emails with the bugs to Spooky? Hopefully they can quash them quickly!

#11850 1 year ago

So I got the new code loaded.

Some cool new things, but overall it is a hot mess. Bob and Linda just sitting there when I get the balcony shot the second time, waiting on a ball search. Oh, and the boob scene was cut off by some animated frames? The upper playfield going dead while I am shooting the spinners.

WTF? Was this update even tested.

#11858 1 year ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Turn Adult Mode back on?

First thing I did after the update was turn it back on lol. I earned those boobs goddammit!!

#11879 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

This happens on my game frequently while ‘bob and Linda’ and ‘House’ is stacked. If the balcony shot is qualified at the same time in both modes the ball will just sit on the magnet and the game never goes into ball search. It’s like the game gets confused when two outcomes are triggered by the same shot at the same time so it essentially freezes up.

This may sound strange, but I'm very smart and successful. But I can't figure out with certainty when I'm stacking modes. I can't look up long enough to see the display and keep the balls in play. It's like a chore instead of fun.

We need to simplify the game play a little to feel like we are in the movie instead of just lost...

#11884 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyBug:

Absolutely, a lot of the modes need timers, or shots to be moved after a set amount of time since people tend to get stuck on certain shots.

Here's what is weird. I get the stacking modes for scoring etc. But it's Halloween, the movie. Do we watch two or three scenes at the same time? Makes no sense except for scoring.

I want to beat Micheal, one mode at a time. Like the movie.

#11886 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Then don’t stack anything, you have the ball. Use it as you like.

You assume I am good at pinball

#11897 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

My man, if you are good enough to accidentally stack modes you are also good enough to intentionally not. Like..you wanna play an individual mode? Well don’t shoot the center ramp five times and start house…or…stay out of the sani playfield and if you end up there don’t shoot anything haha. Kind of an absurd take here haha

It just doesn't make sense to have Michael on top of the car during death in the drivers seat and trying to beat the mode while you are trying to hit the spinners on house mode to beat him as well in a different mode while trying to hit specific lit shots to beat him in yet another mode. I have Michaels coming from everywhere and I am not sure how to beat him when there are 3 multiple objectives I have to accomplish. Maybe it is just me, but I find it super confusing and not enjoyable.

Sorry but the way it stands right now it is just not fun.

#11908 1 year ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Can anyone verify if there is?

Yes there is.

#11922 1 year ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Nevermind my stupid missed skill shot is back

I never had it, until the new code.

#11930 1 year ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Probably going to try to quickly push out a 1.10 for Halloween then we'll be switching back over to Ultraman.

This is the unfortunate problem of releasing two games at once. Resources are split between two games instead of focusing on one.

I really would love a setting to NOT stack modes. I want to beat each one separately. I don't care about scores as much as moments.

#11935 1 year ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Modes don’t stack now.
You can start a Multiball after you’ve started a mode …. (Or not …)
Talking to Matt, there is more in the works so you can see the different shots if you do have a mode and MB running at the same time.
rd

So I can't start Bob and Linda mode when sanitarium is running? I swear multiple modes are running at once. And also house mode when other things are running. Maybe I'm just dumb but it's a a mashup of things going on at once.

#11938 1 year ago
Quoted from hawkeyexx:

Thanks for letting me know.....I'm going to load the code later this week...

I wouldn't. My wife asked if I could reload the old code.

Hopefully they fix some of these bugs soon

#11955 1 year ago

Ok, just for the record there are some cool things in this update. Different animations, better clarity on clips, some new light animations. Just need to clean up the bugs and initiate some ideas for Judith shot and some other things.

I know I sound like I'm complaining, but I expected more because they said there would be more.

It's still an amazing game just waiting for it's potential to be unleashed.

#11970 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Im pulling glass tomorrow to check, because that shot was sorta why i felt so good about my purchase, when seeing the video. When I made it for the first time, i was like ohh yea!!!
Bring it back, if its gone that is.

It is gone. I hit the shot twice since the code update and it did nothing like it used to.

Hopefully this update will pave the way for quicker easier update of more content. The videos do look much better, now to iron out the bugs!

#12050 1 year ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

How do I disable extra balls I can't find it in the settings like I normally would? Thanks

Wait... You can get an extra ball??? Fuck my lack of skills!

3 weeks later
#12316 1 year ago

Have any CE owners converted back to the standard shooter rod like I did? The knife blade one isn't balanced and slightly shorter that the standard rod. I find the standard one much easier it use. The knife is cool but not very user friendly.

I have noticed from day one that the knife shooter "binds up" a little as you shoot it. Doesn't seem to hit the ball very hard unless you get it just right.

#12320 1 year ago
Quoted from JesseJames23:

If you spin it 180 degrees and pull it back using your thumb on top of the knife handle groove it’s alot better.

Tried it, didnt help unfortunately

#12358 1 year ago

I'm going to be patient. If and when they get the code polished it should be worth the wait.

#12373 1 year ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

What happens when time runs out?

checkmate-mrw (resized).pngcheckmate-mrw (resized).png
#12385 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Well I was eating lunch at the D.L.G.
When this little girl came and she sat next to me
Never seen nobody move the way she did
Well she did and she does and she'll do it again
-Jack Johnson

When you quote just this part of the song, it is quite disturbing.

#12461 1 year ago

This is going to be like POTC all over again, on a slightly lower scale because of the numbers... IF the code becomes amazing.

No pressure

#12490 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

Everything is plugged in.
Turned up main amp a bit and upper speakers do sound great now.
Darn Bass speaker not responding?

What is the sub adjustment at on the amp? Mine sounded horrible until I turned the sub adjustment to darn near zero, just above. Sounds great now. Make sure all those wires are making good contact

1 week later
#12578 1 year ago
Quoted from Guitarpinman:

was planning on disabling the knocker .

I just died a little inside...

#12672 1 year ago
Quoted from ActionDirk:

Hey Everbody, just swapping over from the german "Flippermarkt" after beeing a silent reader here for the last couple years. I am the glad Owner of Halloween BSE #1137. Just a quick question. My HW has a pretty loud coil humming in the left flipper bat coil. I even added a saddle washer, as there was none built in in the assembly, but it still is louder, than in my other Pins. Can you confirm, that is "normal"? Also, my upper Michael servo is shaking like hell, once he´s the contact is triggered. since it has no impact on the game, i´d just wait for it to pass out as i recieved an extra servo. anybody with these... "issues"?
Regards!

My flipper buzzes more than I would like when I hold it, but I usually can't hear it because I have the volume so high.

Shaky Michaels are not uncommon.

#12685 1 year ago
Quoted from monitorpop:

If you own Halloween… Stop what you’re doing and message Vimtoman about getting one of his scoop mods. I thought I had my scoop dialed in but holy crap this thing makes the shot hard to miss. I also ordered a black version but opted to use this green version since it matches the pumpkin leaves that he includes with the house mod.[quoted image]

Ok.

1 week later
#12734 1 year ago

sanitarium mode locks you out of almost everything so that animation just repeats over and over until you drain if you can't get the mode to advance. It really needs to go (as well as putting a timer or something on Sanitarium)

YES YES YES.

#12762 1 year ago
Quoted from Guitarpinman:Yep that's it - bit concerned about that and my sound issue

From Spooky:

This is obviously not super specific, but go into the music test and start with this...

1) Main Volume - Turn it all the way up and then dial it back a quarter turn.
2) Bass - All the way down and turn it up a quarter turn.
3) Treble - All the way up and turn it down a quarter turn.
4) Crossover (Small Dial) - All the way down and turn it up an eight of a turn.
5) Subwoofer (Small Dial) - All the way down and turn it up a sixteenth of a turn. A very little bit.

These dials are listed from the back of the cabinet working towards the front. The most obvious issue is going to the the subwoofer up to high. From there you can adjust it by ear. You may have to stand up to listen as they sound a bit different if you are ducked down reaching into the machine.

#12767 1 year ago

Thank you so it's safe to reach in with the machine on and adjust the controls?

Yes, just watch out for large knives.

#12769 1 year ago

6 months of ownership since brand new, and it pains me to say this... But this pin is a mess.

Fresh off some games on Friday night and I'm more pissed at this game than ever. I don't want to see sanitarium graphics while I'm playing Bob and Linda demise. I don't want to be almost through a mode and house mode takes over like the pumpkin mode never existed. I don't want to have to wait for the ball to fall down two playfields because I know I'm getting zero points by hitting anything. I don't want to hit 3 drops every ball before anything happens.

I get it, the games are sold, and you have one guy working on cleaning up two games. But this just isn't fun. That's the huge red flag here, it's just not fun. Sure, one out of fifty games things click and it's amazing. But the ratio is off. I don't want to shoot around for 2 minutes hitting shit and getting no points. THE KINETIC SATISFACTION IN PINBALL IS KEEPING THE BALL GOING, HITTING THINGS, AND GETTING POINTS FOR HITTING THINGS.

UGH, I tried so hard to love this game but I have to say I paid $10,900 (with tax and shipping) for a pin that gives me less enjoyment then my $3k Elvira and the party monsters.

Can I trade this for a Scooby Doo even up?

#12771 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Yeah its sad. Started out really fun & imaginative but FFS no movement forward.

It still could be great, but it would take a ton of attention and programming to get there and I'm not sure they will sink the resources into it to make it great. That is the downfall of two pins on one platform, it divides the resources.

#12805 1 year ago

The #1 thing I wish they did: make the modes stand alone. Why? Because if you are trying to escape the kitchen, you shouldn't be trying to kill Micheal and get out of the house at the same time. Or return inmates to the sanitarium. The modes don't make sense when running at the same time. Stacking modes is a pinball thing, not a Halloween thing. I want to play the scenes in the movie and have the satisfaction of completing them one at a time. You don't watch two scenes of the movie at the same time.

I think the pin is beautiful and shots are cool, I just don't like the code. I feel like the theme is shoe horned to fit the lay out

Code can save this game. Maybe I'm being impatient, but Scooby looks so much more cohesive already than this pin. No, I'm not selling anytime soon, but I do believe spooky needs to be called out to improve this pin. They are a great company and I'm hoping they can really save the code

#12813 1 year ago

I should have been more specific. The code is a mess. It has everything else to be an amazing pin. I'm keeping it on the hope factor.

#12820 1 year ago

Well, I put about 10 games on today. Missed seeing boobs because sanitarium covered up the mode but the weird thing I never had happen: after 3 games the next game started with drops in the down position. Hit the pumpkin and it started Jack o lantern multi ball. Did this three games in a row, was actually kinda fun and refreshing change lol . Got to hear reaper a few times.

I rebooted and it corrected itself.

#12825 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

I sent an email to the new coder Matt, see below...
Hi Matt,
I'm reading what bugs/issues other HW owners are having and have never seen that on my game before. Some see the code more of a "mess" because of this while I see the code in a way better state. Are some experiencing corrupt mini PC's causing more perceived code issues? I would think every owner would be seeing the same code bugs if it was just a code issue.

I just got hedge multiball. Shot across the balcony and and ball sat there until the other balls drained, the ball sat there on the magnet, no award, no points, until the ball search found it. Also it keeps saying "shoot the left ramp" in this mode and I do and nothing happens as far as I can tell

I'm running the newest code

#12902 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

We are all #32.

My wife is 32B.

#12909 1 year ago
Quoted from Ratman:

Now the knocker goes off after every game as if it is a match even though it isn’t and the blood collection screen is staying on when the game is over…has anyone else encountered this???

Enjoy it. You can never have too many knockers in your life.

#12920 1 year ago
Quoted from Ratman:

When I do a light test only the above mentioned lights come on

Check all connections. Usually the culprit.

#12942 1 year ago
Quoted from monitorpop:

Sweet! I was bummed when I didn’t see anything about this in the update since it was at the top of my wishlist.

Cant wait to upload and play tomorrow!

#12958 1 year ago

Quick question. Do I have to erase 1.09 from the thumb drive before I download the new code? Thanks!

#12976 1 year ago

1. Bob and Linda with sanitarium running, shoot across balcony and it just sat until ball search.

2. After hedge multiball ended, "Hint: shoot left ramp to reveal Michael" stayed on the screen.

Many good things in this update. I easily had the best game ever on my third try with the new mode. Scoring is better as you don't repetitively shoot and not get points. Added scenes are great, and Judith Myers shot now feels like it belongs. It actually does something, HUGE win. FYI I hit both flippers to skip the scene when I locked ball in Judith Myers and it did NOT release the ball, not sure why some are having that issue.

I still need the shot hints much bigger on the screen, and sooner. A 5 second ball save if you don't make it up the center ramp would be an excellent option. Quite often the ball is released before the instructions come up for a mode/multiball. I am stupid like that and need all the help I can get.

Overall, very impressed. I would say code is about 50-60% there to make this the awesome game it should be. Thank you for your efforts!

#12980 1 year ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

What’s lifter shake option? Does this make the shaker motor go when the lifter is engaged?
[quoted image]

Yes

#12985 1 year ago

Started Bob and Linda 3 times last game. One drop target came up about 10% of the way, the others stayed down each time.

I will up the coil power in settings and see if that resolves the issue.

#12987 1 year ago
Quoted from guitarded:

No.
5 seconds is forever in pinball.

Optional setting. Keep in mind sometimes the ball hits the apron and bounces up toward the outlanes and takes a good 3 seconds to get back in the trough.

#12992 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

I elected not to install 1.09 after reading about all the frustration. Is the consensus that the latest update is worth installing? Are there sacrifices or glitches that make it debatable? Just wondering. I don’t mind the current code I’m running. Few glitches and it has the center drop target shortcut to the house mode. Did that survive in this update?

Yes, this update is most assuredly worth it.

#12998 1 year ago

My game matches with knocker sound after every game...

#13012 1 year ago

I have to say again... house attack overtaking everything else needs to go. That is the one thing that sucks. I am trying to finish a mode but the house attack takes over and masks everything else going on. House attacks needs to be stand alone and not interfere with the other modes.

#13015 1 year ago

You can set Laurie's health drain to be faster in the menu, this reduces how long the mode can last. The default setting is a bit slow still and it's easy to "heal" Laurie's health.
And you can do pumpkin modes while doing House still at least, and the MB from house really helps blow up the pumpkin modes while scoring mb jackpots too, and now you got the double scoring potential with the ball lock

I get the scoring opportunities, it is just confusing when you have to shoot across the balcony for both modes running at once. Which mode am I completing by shooting across the balcony. The only thing on the monitor is house attack. That is my gripe. Hard to know what is going on.

#13031 1 year ago

Yea? I didn't notice the new clips, anyone know what they are and how you get them? I might have also missed them looking at the playfield

Judith Myers shot plays the clip of Michael wearing the mask (from his viewpoint) and stabbing her. I also noticed the clip of Laurie looking out the window.

Maybe it is my imagination but everything seemed in much crisper resolution.

#13033 1 year ago

Hmm some of the Judith killing from the Tomb Shot was already in the game though back in 1.09, unless they added more.

Odd, I never heard/saw it play before. Maybe because I SUCK lol

#13039 1 year ago
Quoted from finnflash:

I haven't lost any scores with the last 2 updates

Yup, my high scores stayed through the latest update.

Unfortunately, so did my wife's...

#13068 1 year ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

So we've actually removed that shot from Bob & Lynda (Gamora) on Ultraman. It's a bit of a test to see how that goes over. Being an easy mode it feels a lot more fair, but I also don't really like taking shots away from the upper playfield. It felt like a good time to try it though, since we added quite a bit more to the upper with it being a part of the qualification and multiplier for Sanitarium (Bemular). It does obviously solve the stacking issue.

Anything to clean up the house mode overtaking other modes is most welcome. I am one of those confused as to what is going on when it takes over. Otherwise the new code is a great step in the right direction!

#13074 1 year ago
Quoted from guitarded:

How? I don't understand what could be confusing about the bridge shot.
IF you qualified the House Multiball requirement of spinner shots, the Bridge shot will count towards both Modes that are running.
IF you have not hit enough spinners, then the Bridge shot will only count towards the Pumpkin Mode and you will have to go back up, finish your spinners and then hit it again to start your Multiball.
It's pretty straight forward after the first time you stack these Modes.

Sorry, it's confusing and not fun to see only half of what's going on and guessing if you have finished one or both.

#13077 1 year ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Only played a few, but loving the update!
I will be completely honest...I think it would be best to make House multiball completely stand alone....no stacking allowed. Make it so you can only qualify it and start it if nothing else is running. .
Also...I am conflicted about taking the balcony shot away from Bob and Lynda. It makes so much sense with the mode, and I love it being there. But it does make the mode feel too hard for an "easy mode". My vote is to leave it in!
Just my two cents! Love the game either way.

Yes, please God yes, exactly this. No stacking House but leave balcony shot for Bob and Linda. I should have to work to see boobies. It would triple my enjoyment of the game.

#13093 1 year ago
Quoted from dnapac:

What was Halloweens shipping weight…just curious.

197.8 lbs. (just a guess)

#13094 1 year ago
Quoted from guitarded:

You must have Velcro on your shoes.

Nope, I have shoestrings on my work boots that I can put deep in your ass.

#13096 1 year ago
Quoted from SLRage:

Wow your an angry rodent

It's been a rough day... between Orkin and Terminix. Can't get a moment of peace and quiet.

#13109 1 year ago
Quoted from guitarded:

No way you can tie your own shoes, cuck.

I actually sleep with my boots on, so I don't have to tie them ever again.

I'm smart like that

#13146 1 year ago
Quoted from KSP1138:

That class D amp is pretty decent, but there's one thing to be aware of: the Bluetooth is unsecured and any device within range can connect to it with the Bluetooth having priority over the line input.

So I can play music on my Halloween from my phone? Sweet, gonna try today in lieu of the lack of attract mode assets.

EDIT: I see that the bluetooth is on the suggested replacement amp, not the original. I may have to give it a shot just for shits and giggles.

#13148 1 year ago
Quoted from KSP1138:

Yes, if you have a bluetooth amp you can play music on your game (I've got them on 3 of my other games), but so can your neighbors or somebody walking by your house if they connect to it. There's no way to disable the bluetooth short of modifying the amp's board. On my games I've had the sound cut out mid game 2-3 times, and saw that the bluetooth connected light was on, so you need to power cycle them to kick the connection.

I guess I could go all Michael Meyers on my neighbors and solve that problem

#13157 1 year ago

I know its been documented but I paid close attention to what happened in a game I just had.

I started Bob and Linda. Shot to the House multiple times trying to get across the balcony. Of course House Attack started. I did not hit the spinners and Michaels health was all the way up. Hit across the balcony, got the video of Laurie with the hanger stabbing Michael with nail filing audio. After that I went back up, shot the spinners (you are welcome, Loomis) and across the balcony. Got the same scene of Laurie and the hanger, stabbing Michael and getting the knocker sound.

Also started a new mode I rarely played and was trying to read the tiny font on the screen so I knew what to shoot ... and lost the ball out of the inlane riser lol.

Clean things like this up and this game will be KILLER!

#13160 1 year ago

Nice to hear you are enjoying the game so much now
I agree, more could be done to make it a bit more obvious which shots you need to go for. More for nee players really, as after a while you do kind of memorise which shots you need in a given mode.

This last code update was a huge step forward. It went from a mess to a work in progress with light at the end of the tunnel.

#13175 1 year ago

I would like to see the bonus scoring increased. I got 21 million with one ball and the bonus was only 680k

#13176 1 year ago

Wife was playing last night and it crashed. Never happened before. Latest code.

Restarted and was fine.

IMG_20230302_210737638 (resized).jpgIMG_20230302_210737638 (resized).jpg
#13206 1 year ago

Just realised that my coin box doesn't actually fit properly inside the cab and there's nowhere to latch it on to?
Also, did anyone's else's machine come with coin mechs? Not much use to me, as accepts U.S quarters, but pretty surprised to see them [quoted image][quoted image]

I knew this and removed mine on day one. No need for it in home use.

#13209 1 year ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Curious on why even bother removing them?
I sold one of my pinball machines and the guy planed on putting it on location at a brewery during certain times of the year and needed the mechs.

Specifically, I removed the Coin box. Not the mechs

#13211 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

I will probably be trading my game in a couple months to a pinball buddy, been playing HW more because of that and having second thoughts lol. The game is like a friend that does things to frustrate you because of the flaws/bugs but you've been friends since childhood and the highs/great moments outweigh those negative things. My honest opinion is that this theme with the iconic music and the suspense does more for me than Scooby Doo from the gameplay I've watched so far. If I do end up trading it I'll get it back down the road when code is completed, with some bug squashing, animation polish and final modes added it will truly shine to its full potential.

I got to stalker mode. WAAAAAY further than ever before, thanks to this code update. So much better and yet so much potential still going forward.

I know if I sold it I would be full of regret as the code gets cleaner.

2 weeks later
#13416 1 year ago
Quoted from SLRage:

Have any of y’all tried a stronger shooter rod spring? I’ve found the stronger plunges make the tombstone shot more attainable but have never swapped out a spring before. Thoughts?

I just purchased standard rod to install. The knife shooter just binds too much. Going to see if I can polish it or something to get it to shoot smoother.

#13428 1 year ago

My GC score was 35 mil before the latest update. It went to 55 mil about second day after the new code. I am glad they added scoring because there used to be long periods of ball time with zero scoring because you weren't hitting the lit shots and everything else scored basically zero.

I wish there was no stacking. I personally feel, like the movie, each mode should be linear and needs to be completed independently. How can you be at the sanitarium and in the house at the same time? How can Linda show you her boobs while you are trying to kill Michael and getting to the balcony? I care more about progress then just a high score.

#13435 1 year ago

Yes, Judith Multiball is now a functioning 2X playfield. Helps one blow that shit up when running.

#13468 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Getting ready to unbox my HW CE butter baby.
Whats the current must do and must checks???
Thanks

Adjust your amp and music/FX volume as shown earlier in this thread. It's very touchy but when you get it balanced it sounds great.

#13519 1 year ago

The only thing missing is a couple PJ Soles call outs and the ball drain light show (please come back soon). But otherwise it added more and was a big improvement over 1.09
I do hope we hear of the next update soon and that we see the new mode and those bug fixes

This is a weird one for me. I didn't really care one way or the other for PJ call outs, until they were gone.

Please bring them back, and add a few. Need to balance out all those Loomis call outs, which border on too many.

1 week later
#13685 1 year ago
Quoted from Jamieryan71:

I'm hoping somebody can help me. 
As stated earlier in the thread a couple weeks ago, my Halloween that I bought last May hasn't worked for over 5 months. It crashes constantly, every game. Spooky has replaced the computer, which didn't help, and just sent me a power supply, which didn't help. I also disconnected the nano board as suggested by lpeters82 in this thread, but that just made it take a few games to crash, rather than crashing the first game. 
Tonight the game crashed and the right flipper continued to work, as usual, but the left flipper on the upper and lower playfield stuck open, then I smelt something burning. I turned off the game, and the coils were very hot for those 2 flippers. I then restarted the game, and the bottom left is stuck closed, and the top flipper is stuck open. Then smoke started coming up through the upper playfield, and the coils are so hot on those flippers that I can't touch them. The flippers are stuck in those positions, and I can't manually move them with the game off.
The whole basement stinks, and my wife is afraid that the house is going to burn down. 
I spent $10,000 on this game, (butter cabinet), $11,700 after tax and delivery, and I'm ready to sell it for scrap. I played it for 5 months, all the while waiting for code updates, and now for over 5 months I can't play it at all.
Spooky doesn't seem to know what's going on, so maybe somebody here does. 
Thanks

I'm pretty experienced, although not an expert.

That being said, you must have a fundamental wiring problem. There is either a short causing all this havock or something is wired 180 degrees backwards. I would check all connections 100% to be sure nothing's wired wrong (pita) and ohm everything looking for a short.

I can only imagine how frustrating this must be for you. I have only had very minor adjustment issues from NIB.

Good luck!

#13711 1 year ago

I've never experienced flipper fade either.

#13730 1 year ago
Quoted from hawkeyexx:

I played Halloween last night. I'm no pro at pinball but I never seem to complete 2 modes or get hedge maltiball or Jack O maltiball. I wished the code was not so difficult

You don't have to complete modes to get to Jack-o multiball, just play 3 modes. It is worth the work to get there.

2 weeks later
#13849 11 months ago

So hitting a judith target, and then right away I hit the hedge that was lit up orange from the Judith, the screen flash 1 mil points. So this is the bonus for Judith? What I don't get is that these points don't always show when you hit the hedges. At same time I've hit the hedge that wasn't lit, and it would flash another score, like 50k or something else.... but then sometimes you hit the hedge and there is no score.
This seems highly inconsistent of when the game decides to show you the points your scoring so it also makes it hard to know what scores what exactly. A big polish aspect the game needs is more clear readability to how it's scoring works and when. Why do some clips play with nothing, while sometimes theres an overlay of a flashing score in the middle. The lack of communication of what is doing what in game is one of the biggest annoyances. So does each Judith unlocked target shot grant 1 mil? I have no idea.

Time to take the glass off and do some research!

1 month later
#14352 10 months ago

Whoever sells this game right now, with the promise of more boobs coming in new code, needs to take a long look in the mirror.

I honestly am so busy right now with summer starting and all the outdoor activities/weekend getaways I am in no hurry for the code. As long as it addresses the most pressing deficits that currently exist. When the cool fall breezes blow, we should all be hammering away on the new code.

#14373 10 months ago

I will say this about the wait for the code. I stepped away from this hobby for a few years and GB was released. I knew nothing about the lack of code. Luckily, when I got back in to pins, I had to have GB and it had the recently released code. Fucking loved that game because I could play normal or Are you a good mode which was awesome for get together with friends.

Point is, unless you need room or money, you should wait for the next code drop. Otherwise you may be sorry

Last point, I have noticed a LOT of wives love this pin. My wife is the same. She loves it more than me. Curious phenomenon.

#14393 10 months ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Must be a code issue, happened when I was playing that bob and lynda mode and stacked with sanitarium.. machine went nuts.

I don't care what anyone else thinks, those two modes should not stack... ever... period. One house mode and done so you can shoot the damn center ramp again.

Edit: I meant Bob and Linda and House mode.

#14416 10 months ago

On an unrelated note... I have always wondered, why are the speaker grill pumpkins perfectly round instead of having the "knife" like stem on top?

They look like smiley emojis and not pumpkins. Unsee that!

1 week later
#14530 10 months ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Lots of ticks = good.
rd[quoted image]

Please take the keys out of your back box, thank you. -Pinside

#14719 10 months ago

This update is an example of why you don't bail on a game for pennies on the dollar before it's potential is realized. Glad mine is velcro'd to the floor (nothing is permanent

The theme alone, when code is fully realized, will propel this pin into the upper echelon of our hobby.

#14730 10 months ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

i cant remember excactly.. but I think neither, I think it ends now with the drop targets near the ramps.

Well, just as in real life you now have to work for them boobies.

#14757 10 months ago

My main takeaway from this code release is that I suck worse than ever. This pin is an ass beater.

#14762 10 months ago

So new code is great and really bringing things together, so here's current wishlist for the game, which some is probably already in the works anyways:
1.) House mode - I dunno, it still just takes over too much and it can just be too drawn out in starting. The added sanitarium shots that got put in later also just feel kinda too slow. Just hitting that drop in the middle playfield takes a tiny bit off of Myers life bar and just batting it back and forth into that scoop shot is really boring. Unless you get perfect 3 butt pretzels ripping, it can take a while and if you drain it's often just better to let it drain all the way and shoot back to the house. The whole thing is just the slowest portion of the game right now and I dunno but wish it was faster.... at least perhaps increase the speed at which you can decrease Myers life bar or something? Notice this any time anyone plays, as house is the easiest mode to start with just the three center ramp shots, but then there is no scoring at all happening while folks flail about trying to open up the balcony. Often just seeing players struggle to get that balcony or the spinner rips, so it's just long periods of back and forth. Healing Laurie I think just drags out the mode and it's already a very generous timer cause of that, increasing her health loss helps a bit, but fighting myers health down can be a total drag. First Kill kind of makes me wish it played like that instead, where you got to make the spinner shots which then open balcony target, no sitting there smacking away trying to lower that health bar for long periods of time. Rest of the game moves at a nice pace, transitions into other modes and such, but house mode forces you to stick into that upper house pf for way too long often with no scoring or anything going on but frustrations.
House mode while neat, also just takes over the game too much still, shutting out shots on the PF, and slows everything down too much essentially. I would love if it could be sped up or streamlined somehow into the game better. Its the one mode that really stands out I feel too much as dragging the game down to a crawl. Having a stacked mode with it can help, but still the mode requires so much attention to the upper PF that your not doing the pumpkin mode.
2.) Pumpkin Mode scoring balance - The scoring on the modes feels off still, with the easy modes giving paltry amounts of points for the shots, while the expert modes giving you huge points for basic shots. It makes playing the easier modes pointless early on so your playing the movie backwards it feels. You want to knock out the hard modes to get to stalker right away as you can make crazy points in that mode. But then you play an easy mode and get a tiny fraction of the points for finishing them. I always liked how Elvira did it where the modes shots were essentially the same points with some variations. I know they are meant to be easy to hard differences, but the point spread is way too much still it feels, wishing the easier modes were more rewarding.
3.) More callouts! This is already been happening but it's great, last update adding the new Annie lines to the hedge shots is great and more sound bytes from the movie in different modes and shots would really elevate things further.
4.) Some more art replacements, dunno if this has a chance, but now that we saw the great sanitarium change. The goofy animations for stuff like Laurie fights back, where you got a little floating Myers head and knife behind the couch for example is really out of place right now.

I agree with your take on the house mode. It is just too dominating and so easy to start. Wish there could be a different shot sequence to get it started and once it is done, don't make it available the rest of the game.

#14833 10 months ago
Quoted from Flash71:

New code is amazing. The ball eject issue is not a bug as only some(maybe 2 people) are experiencing it. Go into switch test mode and do some diagnostics.

The third day of new code I had 2 then 3 balls ejected into the shooter lane. If it is a bug, I hope they find it. Never had any issues before.

Other than that the new code is pretty dope

1 week later
#14985 9 months ago

On a positive note, the red white and blue speaker lights are great for independence day. After today however they need to be fixed.

#15083 9 months ago

Attract mode... I often have my pins on for ambiance whilst I do other things and would love random attract features to keep me company. Dracula talks to me on a regular. "Master... you promised me eternal life!"

#15084 9 months ago
Quoted from JesseJames23:

Loving the new code! I’d still love to see/ hear a cool attract mode while pin is just sitting idle.

You beat me by 44 seconds lol...

#15092 9 months ago

Just updated code. Had to shut it off after 5 games or I was going to smash the Goddamned pin with a sledge hammer. Fuck this game is hard... I know I suck but c'mon....

#15109 9 months ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

I wish there was either a proper rulesheet for this game that explains the scoring - or better yet I'd love to see a stream of it being properly explained.

I think that will be a thing once they get closer to finishing the mode. They are making so many changes it would render the rulesheet obsolete with every code drop. But I agree, once they nail scoring down, please give us a detailed overview of the scoring.

#15123 9 months ago

How does one start stalker mode.

#15155 9 months ago

Code was an issue and is just now getting quite the makeover. If you want to buy, do it now as it is trending up.

#15187 9 months ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

kind of annoying was having a good game, then this. How did you guys fix this?[quoted image]

Play better

#15226 9 months ago

Mine did multiple balls in shooter lane on 1.11, now it doesn't on 1.12

#15247 9 months ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Like Jukebox mode it should play the whole movie...lol

The boobs... play at least the boobs!!! Could have a secret flipper button code.

#15254 9 months ago

Played it again last night.

My wife suggested I enroll in anger management classes...

#15268 8 months ago

Check the keyed posts in this thread

#15272 8 months ago

I got a set of the servos, nice and cheap, but have yet to need to replace em. Turned off the wave and the Michael bump now to have them working less and hopefully further help their longevity.

In all honesty, I don't see the Michaels move, I am looking at the lights for my next shot. There isn't time for it and after seeing it the first few times it is just doesn't add any enjoyment.

Oh, and the game kicks my ass every. single. time. I play it. So there's that lol

1 week later
#15341 8 months ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Did some rearranging of the gameroom and need a terrifying piece of artwork ( lit or whatever) 24×36 max....any input, thoughts appreciated.....ty!

Here you go!

Pinside_forum_7685013_0 (resized).jpgPinside_forum_7685013_0 (resized).jpg
#15350 8 months ago

Yeah, so I'm done with this pin. It's too Fucking hard, I have no idea what's going on, and it just makes me angry when I'm done playing it. It's beautiful and I've had almost no issues with it, and I fricken love Halloween, but I end up angry 99% of the time after playing it.

Pinball is supposed to be fun. For me, and how much I apparently suck, this is not fun

#15363 8 months ago
Quoted from rotordave:

A couple of ideas for you …
- put it on 5 balls. No shame in that, I have friends who do that so they can see more of the game.
- make the game a bit slower and tamer. Definitely don’t polish the playfield. Lower the rear legs a little.
- make the slings less sensitive.
- try some old fashioned rubbers on the flippers.
- try and start a mode before you start a MB. I like to start the roving shot hard expert mode one before I start House MB. You’ll finish the mode if you have a decent MB.
As you say, pinball is supposed to be fun.
So tune the machine so it is fun for you.
rd

I appreciate the suggestions. I will give them a shot.

To be clear, I love the game in so many ways, it just isn't clicking for me. I really wish there was a small LCD in the apron so I don't have to look up to see what is happening. Yesterday I was getting jackpots, Halloween jackpots, and supers, and have no idea how much they were worth. It is so frantic if I look up I lose one or more balls. And when it was all over I had like 5 million on the ball...

How do you start stalker mode? I have yet to see it.

#15365 8 months ago

Just play any pumpkin mode. Once you have played one pumpkin mode, Stalker mode is available to choose as an option in the pumpkin mode select

Well, shit... I never even knew to look. Will give that a shot this evening as well.

#15375 8 months ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

In the words of the King, SR....Play Better

I can't. I've tried.

#15379 8 months ago

Understanding the money shots. With multiball, I have hit across the balcony 3 times on one multiball (which is NOT easy trying to do that without draining other balls) as well as other jackpots and only got 5 million on that ball.

I am trying to adjust my angle and other tweaks but I have seriously short ball times or I am not hitting points. House opens over and over and hides the boobs and the bob and linda shots dissapear and I just get confused as to what is going on. I have owned this since new last November and I think my GC score is only 54 million

This is my first NIB pin and I have owned 25+ pins. I will keep playing it hoping it clicks but maybe it is just not for me.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Wilkes-barre, PA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

5,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Lexington, KY
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 63.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

5,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Nipomo, CA
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 49.99
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Charlotte, NC
$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
277 posts in this topic match your search for posts by beechwood. You are on page 1 of 2.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider beechwood.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-threadhes-coming-home?tu=beechwood and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.