IMG_4867 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4865 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0488 (resized).jpg
IMG_0487 (resized).jpg
IMG_0482 (resized).jpg
IMG_0486 (resized).jpg
IMG_0484 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

15 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2369 Upper playfield adjustment video. Posted by lpeters82 (2 years ago)

Post #3112 Upper playfield adjustment video Posted by spandol (2 years ago)

Post #3319 TECH: DISPLAY. LCD settings so blacks look better. Posted by manadams (2 years ago)

Post #3394 Stock LCD Display - alternate settings Posted by Mad_Dog_Coin_Op (2 years ago)

Post #4163 How to square a cabinet. Posted by rotordave (2 years ago)

Post #4472 Please Read - re order numbers and order of manufacture. Posted by rotordave (2 years ago)

Post #5620 Porting the cabinet to stop bass rattle Posted by rotordave (1 year ago)

Post #5659 Mudflaps Custom Cards #1 Posted by Mudflaps (1 year ago)

Post #5776 Mudflaps Apron Card bonanza! Posted by Mudflaps (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider panzerkraken.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

916 posts in this topic match your search for posts by panzerkraken. You are on page 1 of 4.
#5272 1 year ago

So I was told I was number 716 but just got the email for butter. That seems way too soon? I had my preorder with Kingpin, does this mean maybe someone dropped and I got moved up?

1 month later
#6772 1 year ago

Is something going on with production or the butter cabs? I got my email about butter option and going into production at the end of April, it's getting into late June and heard nothing. Emailed couple weeks ago and was told theres a wait on butter cabs. Does it normally take much longer for having chosen this option?

#6774 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

For some reason the butter decals are taking a really long time. Spooky is building non-butter cabs much more quickly. Supply chain, I guess

Geez I had a higher number and see folks close to my old number getting their machines soon now. I got bumped up the list to a lower number cause folks backed out at Kingpin but now gonna be close to two months since I got my email about butter.

#6777 1 year ago

That might be it yea.....

Bummer was excited and made space for the new pin with the rest in the new house and just sitting waiting now on any news...

#6785 1 year ago
Quoted from Drebay:

I also originally had a higher number and moved up when the opportunity knocked but a far different scenario from yours. I paid for my butter cab just last week and I received the tracking number this morning for THIS Friday delivery..... Very strange that Butter Cabs are all over the place right now. As far as I am aware, I am one of the first few butter cabs to be shipped with cabinets in the 600 range. So, hopefully you will get your very shortly.

Nice. I haven't been asked to pay yet, just got the email for butter option almost exactly two months ago, said yes right away and haven't heard anything since saying yes. So hoping to hear something soon

1 week later
#6870 1 year ago

Waiting for my butter like

#6871 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

And like that I got email my machine is ready to ship!

#6874 1 year ago
Quoted from BlueRiverLore:

See if it works for me!

Im number 624 apparently if that is any help.

#6882 1 year ago
Quoted from Zukram:

Im number 612 ...

With the numbers of butters going out, you should be at any moment now

1 week later
#6992 1 year ago
Quoted from MJK-911:

Out of a collection of 15 newer pins, Rick n Morty has been the most problematic. Now the game thinks the ball has drained when it hasn’t, causing another headache. Halloween CE-680 arriving this afternoon.

Dang my 624 going to boynton beach is still not here apparently. I haven't heard anything about delivery and tracking shows nothing but enroute. Hope I hear something soon.

#7009 1 year ago

Ugh, shipped last week but it's just sitting in GA all week now and no movement with the shipper. Now they are saying sometime next week. Was supposed to be here tomorrow argggg

Sucks cause I'm leaving for vacation next week, gonna get it in and immediately be leaving it seems.

#7020 1 year ago

624 butter scheduled to be delivered on Monday yay. Freight had it sitting in Atlanta for a week, how frustrating :-/

#7074 1 year ago

Got in collectors 624 today. Think shippers screwed with it or did something in transit, bunch of parts inside were dislodged and some breakage. Got it sorted with spooky probably so at least it seems to be working.

Do wonder, is it normal for the speakers to give off a constant and kind of loud hum? I updated to new software and checked volume control and I got the volume all the way to one bar only and it's still sounds really loud and the speaker hum just sounds like a radio thats been cranked up waaayyyy to high. Wondering if theres a way to turn down the speakers or something cause it's weird. One bar is loud, and of course going down puts it to zero and nothing.

#7085 1 year ago
Quoted from Capn12:

Gotta adjust the amp volume in the cabinet. It ships with it set way too high.

This is not in the software menus? Or did I miss it.

#7089 1 year ago
Quoted from JesseJames23:

I’d guess your coin box fell out and banged around… mine wasn’t secured when I got mine.

My tilt bell got loose and was bouncing around on the playfield. Do think during freight at some point the pallet it was on broke and it maybe tipped over. The stuff shouldn't be hard to fix at least, and the machine is working otherwise fine.

#7092 1 year ago

All setup. Yea I got a bit of a horror theme in the house. Wife says no more though......

pins (resized).JPGpins (resized).JPG
#7100 1 year ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Nice! TFTC toppers are back in stock at Marcospec, FYI.

I know, tempted!

#7231 1 year ago

So game started acting up and I keep getting ball stuck on Loomis. The ramp that covers the subway exit is not going down all the time and stays up so balls keep getting stuck there. It can take quite a bit of a wait for the game to lower the ramp to fix the stuck ball. Just got it last week and had no issues till today, now it's happening quite a bit where that ramp seems to get stuck up

20220717_222515 (resized).jpg20220717_222515 (resized).jpg
#7241 1 year ago

Common issue…. Loosen the post to relieve tension on the flap and snug it back down. If you go back through earlier posts you’ll find the fix… I’ve yet to have it happen to me, but plenty of others have dealt with it.

So just loosen the nut on the post a little and it should be looser? It's a bit random when it decides to work. When the ball doesn't move for a while and the game starts auto switching things to loosen stuck balls, it eventually will lower that ramp itself and the ball is free.

#7255 1 year ago

So far got most things fixed it seems and mostly working good it seems, so getting more time with it do have some suggestions after latest code:

- Give us some shaker options, it's way way too aggressive and doesn't sound or feel right, it needs to be more subtle so adding shaker control would be amazing.

- The laurie vs the shape stuff was great addition but it's wayyyy to easy to stay healthy as Laurie and it feels like I always have full health while Myers has none. Regaining health should not be so easy or Laurie needs to lose health with time faster cause so many games I've gotten stuck in that game mode for too long. Only way to end it being to make the hard to get finale or to lose the ball to reset. But so many games I feel like Im stuck in a never ending mode cause of Lauries health.

Quoted from dnaman:

Version 1.08 now has the option for an operator to enable the shake motor to shake as a warning. You might not have noticed but the sling LEDs flash as an indicator as well, that has been since the first code that came with my HWCE. These are rather small changes but the rules are coming along nicely!

Theres also an audio cue when the ball is coming from an elevator. It takes a few plays to learn this cue.

#7304 1 year ago

So starting having a recurring problem that I didn't notice before as I'm learning the game, but almost every game when I press start and a ball loads into the lane, the game is automatically triggering the skill shot success on me so I'm getting tons of free points. No idea what is going on and its kind of random but lately it happens to at least one or two balls per game when loading into the lane. Kind of not fun to be getting all these big free points. Also getting multiple skill shot hits sometimes somehow, where suddenly i'm racking up millions just doing nothing.

Wasn't having this before and it's now pretty consistent and annoying.

#7308 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Stuck switch on PF I would assume. Switch test mode and bang on PF see if it activates a switch.

It will tell me what switch is triggering if any?

#7311 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Yeah it should flash on the screen.
Do you switch your skill shot around before launching a ball? If not then it's probably whatever switch is active first for skill shot. Maybe the lower left target in front of Lock 1?

Not even touching the flippers to choose the skillshot and it randomly triggers successful skillshot hit and awards the points. It's odd. Now I just had a bunch of games in a row where it didn't happen so it's random in how it happens. It does feel like something else someone said in which if you restart a game by pressing start right at the match screen, it seems to cause it to happen. But if I wait and let game over pop up and the lights come back on, when I press start it seems to not be happening. Weird bug in code?

#7320 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Huh that IS weird.
Well then let's note the location of the first skill shot target since it's happening bofore you do anything, and inspect that switch. We at least can test that; which maybe we can't as easily do with a bug.
and/or
Test starting a game on the match screen.

Yea I will do some more testing, I just had nothing but working games without it happening now for a while so gonna try again with rushing the start button at match screen or as soon as game finishes.

When it does happen, it seems to be right when the drop targets in the center pop right up and it triggers right then the skill shot success. Almost like it's turning on the skill shot before the targets are even up and them going up sometimes triggers the hit? But again it's been working now for a while when I go slow. Gonna play some more tonight and see if this is something I can get to replicate

#7322 1 year ago
Quoted from mac2444:

Sounds a lot like the switch for the drop could be too sensitive so when it pops up the jolting triggers the switch and it thinks it's made the shot. Try a switch test and bump the area around the switch a bunch of times to see if it'll trigger. if you drop the target and it pops up, watch for the switch to complete here as well. Good luck with the hunt!

Yea was thinking it's too sensitive maybe cause it looks like it happens sometimes when the target pops up on the reset. If it's the switch is being sensitive, is there an easy tweak for this?

#7325 1 year ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Mine does the same exact thing random skill shots missed sometimes it does sometimes it doesn’t , seems to be an issue right after booting the game but if I boot it and let is sit for 10 mins it’s fine , I think it’s a code glitch

Yea I've seen a couple say this, but mine's doing the opposite and it's scoring me random successful skill shots which I hate as it ruins my true score. Hell I'd prefer it missing skill shots so I'm not getting free points I didn't earn. In one match I got over 9mil in free points from skill shots randomly triggering upon ball loading.

#7354 1 year ago

Is the Judith lock glitchy or not understanding it? Flowchart says you got to hit in 5 times to lock a ball, now i've had it lock early several times and I swear I didn't hit it 5 times. Is it five times your entire play of the game or 5 times without losing a ball? The dialogue about Judith's plot is needed for it to count as one of those 5 times or is it simpler than that?

#7360 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

It locks immediately if you hit it during the skill shot phase.
If not you have to hit it 5 times during the same ball.

ah ok that might be whats confusing me as I was concerned why sometimes it seemed like I was auto locking balls

#7368 1 year ago

It sometimes feels like Sanitarium mode and the house fight stuff can drag out forever and never end. The whole modes unlocked over other modes is kinda sloppy, wish it had another way to combine them or at least end a previous mode, or some form of unlock that cancels a lesser mode? Dunno but it's hard to keep track of multiple things going on and again it's really annoying the music of sanitarium mode which feels like once it's on, never goes away.

The Laurie vs Myers stuff also has been said several times but feels like Laurie never "dies" cause it's too easy to heal her so that also sometimes just never ends.

#7386 1 year ago

I have the hardest time doing the sanitarium so that mode and it's terrible music never ends. I can do the top house fairly regularly but the sanitarium? The targets for that mode are a pain and I've often been stuck in infinite mode of that nonsense and nothing but the awful art of the nurse

Quoted from Geeterman1:

I have a hard time getting on the balcony after depleting Michaels health.

Yea it feels very random and not something that is easy to repeat. I can hit the spinners all day and keep that ball up there forever almost, but it's so many bounced balls just trying to get that tip to hit just right to go to the balcony.

And getting to the balcony, how is there no Loomis shooting myers off of it to go along with that?

#7399 1 year ago

Yea friends were over and enjoyed the game but were often so confused what was going on with the modes stacked on each other or when stuck in sanitarium or house. Like what works and doesn't work anymore? Stacked modes can be really confusing but the game seems to only allow certain modes to be active at same time, so which is taking priority on shots? The modes need general cleanliness tweaks along with the other suggestions, or at least don't allow sanitarium and house modes to essentially go on forever

#7419 1 year ago
Quoted from Lopa:

There is nothing confusing about having more than one mode active, you need to get better and learn how to play the game with strategy.

Other games with stacked modes typically are just simpler. The problem is this game especially with the various pumpkin modes has so many modes and there is also the problem of stacked targets cause of so many modes. Often in other games the targets and what you need to be doing is very straight forward, they got lot of complex modes in this one that are all playing over each other and it's like "will this shot count or not?" And the games feedback is not clear if you are making progress in a stacked mode or not. You often might be but heck if I see any indication cause it's hidden behind a sound cue perhaps that is cut off by other sound cues since this game is tossing so many out at once. Heck finishing a mode when stacked often just comes as a surprise when a video clip comes on... "oh I musta did something right..."

#7425 1 year ago
Quoted from Lopa:

The point of buying a game from spooky is to get a different game than you would from stern. Spooky games are hard that’s they way they have always been. Play more, get better complete modes. Sanatarium is not a hard mode and neither is house.
My work around for this is to add an easy and hard modes, easy modes will spot you shots and the current would be hard mode.

I don't find it "hard". It just comes off as messy.

#7460 1 year ago

Is there a particular area on the sanitarium lights that tends to get hit and potentially fail or is it just any of those LED strip lights are easy to break? Wondering if it's something should just try to protect now while they still work to avoid any potential issues

#7474 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

The classic, it hasnt happened to me, so it must not be happening at all.

You are doing the opposite taking one person's story as a trend. Anecdotal evidence. Out of all the pinsiders here who own the machine and talk of it we have seen it brought up by 3 people? While others aren't having the problem?

It's not something a person can claim is wide spread of common problem at that point

#7478 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

I was in on a EHoH and followed that thread too. Holy shit after a few months I thought that pin must be the biggest POS ever. There were many having the same ridiculous problems and complaints. Stuff from the factory that should not have been. But when put to scale, it was a small percentage. That pin is highly regarded.
This is nothing new. Excited to get mine next week!

That's everything, those with problems will state as such and complain often online, sure that's fine. But when folks just take those handful of complaints as some widespread problem, that's another matter always. Those with working marchines and no issues typically don't say that or are not listened to.

#7485 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

But if items are manufactured the same way then it can be fully expected that if items are failing any items manufactured that way would also be failing.. So just because it hasnt happened to you yet doesn't mean it won't. Ever heard of a vehicle recall? This is my point I would imagine that spooky did have these problems on their test machines and I always figured that running changes would be made.. Or maybe there's an acceptable failure rate I'm not sure.

I work in manufacturing, that's not how that works. Stuff breaks, things happen, and especially with items assembled by hand, there is going to be variances. Something that happens to one product doesn't mean it's going to happen to every single one for many reasons. And yes there is always an acceptable failure rate cause things just don't always work out. The thing that caused one piece to break, is it user fault or just pure luck? Is it something that is repeatable? After some point where things keep happening then yes that is a point of concern that they would need to address. And they have in the past with problems with this machine such as the early changes in some ramps as well as changes made to areas of the machine that kept having people with stuck balls or other recurring problems.

Since the lights haven't been addressed, it seems to not be that common of a problem perhaps cause otherwise by now they should have changed designs or done things differently to address it.

I think there is a vulnerability that's been shown that can happen when a player might have an air ball hit the strip just right, so there is a potential issue there but at the same time is it something that's common? Don't think so. From reading others issues it does feel like they maybe should have considered some form of protection over the strip as some are doing cause who knows, this might be seen more, but it doesn't seem to be that wide spread when we have over 300 users on this forum with the machine and seen only a couple reports of said issue.

#7499 1 year ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I'm excited for the ability to set your health decline for the House Mode. The current level is "easy".
[quoted image]

Cool, now can we get a timer or way for Sanitarium mode to actually end besides completing it or ball loss?

#7525 1 year ago

The new Laurie health loss value is much better now. Now bring on the new animations and such and this game really will shine bright.

#7532 1 year ago

Bah it had gone away for a while but now getting it a bunch again where when a new ball starts and the drop targets pop back up on reset, I randomly am getting free successful skill shots and earning lot of free points. At first it was happening alot and thought it had to do with pressing start early when the match screen was up since it seemed to often cause it and then I was letting the machine sit and get to game over, and had a good amount of time where this stopped happening. Updated last night and almost every other game would have it happen once or twice.

It's something with the drop target when its coming up cause it only happens if the target has to pop up during reset and it will sometimes give a free skillshot hit right as it pops up.

#7546 1 year ago
Quoted from Geeterman1:

Yea. There is a rubber cover at the bottom of each drop target. If that falls off, like it did on mine, it won’t recognize the drop target positions correctly.

I'll open her up tomorrow and look, if the rubber came off can it just be put back on or it needs to be replaced? Also painting it black has been suggested.

#7547 1 year ago

I'll open her up tomorrow and look, if the rubber came off can it just be put back on (just put it back or glue it on?) or it needs to be replaced? Also painting it black has been suggested.

#7555 1 year ago

Is every update always going to wipe all the scores in this game?

#7563 1 year ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Nope. This update include a score backup. It's now up to the player to reset high scores in the menu.

Awesome!

#7565 1 year ago

Bah it had gone away for a while but now getting it a bunch again where when a new ball starts and the drop targets pop back up on reset, I randomly am getting free successful skill shots and earning lot of free points. At first it was happening alot and thought it had to do with pressing start early when the match screen was up since it seemed to often cause it and then I was letting the machine sit and get to game over, and had a good amount of time where this stopped happening. Updated last night and almost every other game would have it happen once or twice.
It's something with the drop target when its coming up cause it only happens if the target has to pop up during reset and it will sometimes give a free skillshot hit right as it pops up.

So update, checked it out and the center target that triggers randomly (only is the center target), and the target has it's end cap still on, everything is dark black down there at the tips so not seeing issue. Running switch test also as suggested and not getting weird or off triggers either so this is really weird. I can play the game sometimes just fine over and over without it happening but then randomly the game just will hit that center target on reset by itself several times in a single game. Frustrating since I got everything finally fixed up and dialed in and this starts happening.

Target pops up on reset, skillshot triggers as success and it pops down and up again. This has lead to folks getting some really inflated scores when trying out the machine.

Quoted from Mudflaps:

I like the new update, some good bug fixes. Now Annie doesn’t get cut off before Hedge MB. The blood store music is great. House Attack is much better, now it feels like a battle with Laurie’s health set to Hard.
I recommend you tweak the last Hard mode… it’s the easiest mode to finish and always the first one I go for. That and Death in the Driver(s) Seat make for an easy extra ball.
Keep it up!

noooo my favorite mode that I can often score. Love the simple roving target mode... leave it be Or simply add in a way that it ends sooner perhaps for "bad shots".

#7571 1 year ago

Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I have same exact issue but mine is triggering as skill shot missed, right when the targets pop up, weird. No weird switch issues that I can find.

Is it like random or all the time for you? I can have a bunch of games in a row fine without issue. Then suddenly I'll have a game or two with the drops triggering on the reset or multiple times in one game. It's really random where it feels like it gets fixed and other times it's just non stop back to back.

#7580 1 year ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

The opening scene is definitely adult and hasn't been put into the code yet. It is easily the most graphic scene in the movie. The game needs a new mode called "First Kill" in my opinion.

It's technically in the game when you hit Judith tombstone enough, plays the opening stabbing scene but they don't show the whole thing.

#7588 1 year ago

Had the start button just stop working once. It was after messing around in the menus and settings.

#7590 1 year ago
Quoted from DougB42:

Same issue here starting with 1.08 and the default skillshot change. I thought it had to do with the random inability to reset the targets. I tried increasing the coil setting for the reset and have not seen it happen again but haven't had enough plays yet.

Was it with your center target like our problem? Where do we change the coil setting, might want to play with that perhaps

#7592 1 year ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I do think there is a physical issue here, but I might be able to help out with code as well. I'll add it to the list.

That would be cool, wondering since lot of folks mention drop target sensitivity if it's something is just too sensitive in the settings or something like that. Checking out the tips they are black and got the rubber sleeves on them all.

As the other mentioned with his similar issue, the longer the machine is on also seems to affect it? Don't know if that means anything or just our imagination cause I feel same way. If the machine sits for couple hours idle and I come back to it, I feel like it happens less or not at all.

#7594 1 year ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Yeah, it's always more difficult when there are issues that I can reproduce. Whenever I've had any skill shot trouble it's been something simple like the fins not registering or the drop targets not resetting. I do know some individuals have replaced their drop target springs with a stronger aftermarket spring. I do wonder if that could have any affect on the variance, or even a natural variance in the springs themselves. A heavier spring will cause the targets to drop more regularly, but they also could cause the occasional resetting failure. That could explain why increasing the coil power seemingly fixed the issue with the user above.

I might try that coil setting if I can figure it out to see if it helps stop it.

It's always my center that reset pops up, then drops back down real quick and then back up scoring the free strike. When it does decide to happen. We have never been able to find a repeatable method behind it and the switch test isn't giving me anything.

#7601 1 year ago

Geez what size is the hex wrench needed for that little screw holding on the topper? My topper slid off while it was going and looks like the screw came loose and theres no real notch for the screw to go into either? Seems like with time this thing is gonna slip off again. My tiniest hex wrench is not even small enough for that tiny screw

#7610 1 year ago

Yea I think the new animations pass will really put this game finally into a "finished" state.

Btw I swear there was an option to turn off the topper somewhere but now I can't find it. I like it but wouldn't mind having it off except for when having friends over to party and such, then I like it on, but the extra noise and I worry about ware and tear.

#7628 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

So the wife and I have been unpacking and setting up our new arrival. Taking a break for dinner, but one thing I can say so far... That butter cabinet is holy shit amazing. If you can afford it, do it.
Haven't tipped the head up yet so really anticipating the playfield and light show. Storms in the area helping with the ambiance!

It is a beautiful machine, one of the best looking pins personally

#7647 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I guess something was in the air and it's about to get real! I got the email asking about butter or not, yes please! 920 is in production!
About how long after you make payment can you roughly expect the pin? I have not made payment yet.

About a month or so, butter will take longer potentially

Quoted from K9Marshal:

Strange because I have had many of my games powder coated and never once had those issues. Is it just that particular powder choice/finish or an issue with whoever did the job?

You know a part of it is going to be also the amount of use and users. Some folks have more oily hands, sweaty hands, how hard folks are pressing and rubbing, and different users is gonna eventually cause even the clear coat to rub away with time. It's funny after a party at the house where the pins were all getting ton of play, one guy on a machine clearly had some sweaty hands and after several long sessions, there was paint rubbing away where his hand was. All my years never been an issue but couple hours with one guy and he was rubbing away paint.

#7667 1 year ago

As far as bewbs. I believe you need to complete the mode. I can’t remember though

She appears twice. The 2nd time plays the rest of the scene that shows da boobies

#7676 1 year ago

So the tiny screw that keeps on the topper doesn't seem to want to tighten and already stripped after one use? Thing seems silly fragile. Any good replacement screw option that would be more secure and easier to work with maybe?

#7682 1 year ago

I glued me pumpkin pieces together after a couple bumps and taps and it just kept falling apart. So just dab of super glue on each tab and it's been sturdy. The knife is pretty fragile feeling so kinda worried always. I do kind of wish I could turn off the knife motor part and just leave it lit up, that would be a nice option in the software if possible.

#7686 1 year ago

If one thing could be adjusted for the audio, it would be the whole transition into the jack o lantern multiball and 'Don't Fear the Reaper'. Theres a whole lot going on one after another right there and it all kind of just runs on together kind of awkwardly. It feels like a better transition is needed in the audio for this series with the movie clip, jack o lantern mode animation, then going into the song. Like fading in better or to start the song earlier while in the jack o lantern animation to make it feel smoother and not three rapid fire clips

#7749 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

What mode(s) trigger “Don’t Fear the Reaper”? I don’t think I’ve heard it yet. Is there enough cowbell?

You have to complete 3 pumpkin modes I believe and then you can trigger it with the fourth.

#7751 1 year ago

ugh my loomis ramp keeps getting stuck in up position getting balls stuck in the lane. Loosening the posts and pushing it down will work for a while but then it keeps happening. If I tighten the nuts on the posts it eventually happens, but if I leave them a little loose, then it works fine. But if they are slightly loose overtime they tend to undo themselves with use and play where the nuts just fall off at some point.

It's like any tightening of the nuts on the posts cause the ramp to sometimes stay up and balls get stuck easy, or I have to leave the nut a little loose which is not good since it might undo itself

#7755 1 year ago

So will we likely see the new animation big update in October for Halloween or we think we might see it sooner? Still a couple months away, so much waiting.

#7759 1 year ago

I think supporting it long term is great but I mean at some point they are gonna reach a "it's done" phase. But continually tweaking and updating it without major additions or changes should be expected and hoped for.

After the big animation update, I'm sure there will be lot of new things and changes that are gonna need more in field testing so that's probably gonna need some more updates afterwards to iron out the bugs and any odd things players come up with. So I don't think it will be "done" anytime soon.

#7771 1 year ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

Alright, I've had my Halloween for a week and am enjoying it as much as I'd hoped! I do have some questions/comments for you all:
-When the ball drops into the bottom left hole on the middle playfield, is it supposed to trigger the Pumpkin? Mine does, and it seems odd.
-I get a decent amount of video compression artifacts/"blocking" in the video, especially on the right side of the screen. Anyone else?
-When lowering the playfield, it drops onto one of the latches AND the coin box. I have to manually manipulate both to get the playfield to drop properly. Is this part of that "Spooky Quirkiness" that everyone talks about?
-The coinbox looks like it shouldn't be there. It barely fits in there, and looks like the cabinet wasn't designed for it.
A fun game, and I'm finally getting a grasp of the code. I look forward to seeing it develop and refine more over time!

Yea that's all correct. The video quality of the clips during initial load seems to suffer some quality compression yep.

The coinbox included barely fits where it should it feels like. It has to be exact or the rails don't properly go down, its super tight fit. I got mine in sideways to be get it to close without issue and since I don't need the coin box at home.

#7775 1 year ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

Since Im in on a standard - interested to see what mirror blades look like on this game when I get it. Any thoughts on this?

Not sure how well they would look with the machine having soo much stuff on the side. The right side especially is so built up, seems like the effect would be a bit muted.

#7810 1 year ago
Quoted from Sweetwillie:

Would you say that Halloween has more maintenance issues/repairs than a Stern or JJP? I’ve never owned a spooky game. Can I order direct from Spooky or are they sold out? The dealer I use is not a Spooky dealer. Anyone in Virginia or close by looking to sell? I’m on the fence w this one, but the more I see of it the more I am convinced I will like it. I’m mainly interested in a NIB. Thanks!

Love the game, but so far it's been the most fiddly pins i've owned requiring me to tweak and open her up a bunch to fix things. Beautiful machine but it feels also a bit fragile compared to others IMHO. It's good for home use, I kinda wonder how it would handle in a public use situation though.

#7875 1 year ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

Finally installed anti rattle tape.
Total game changer!
Highly recommend if you have the shaker or not.

What tape and where do you install it? The rattling of this game is pretty excessive.

#7880 1 year ago

So I had pretty consistent problems with the Loomis lane subway ramp door getting stuck in the up position preventing balls from going in. Doing the loosening of the posts and pushing it down would sometimes fix it briefly but still it was constantly happening. So upon further investigating, it seems the problem is the ramp was installled slightly crooked, what was happening is the ramp when going up was sometimes catching and getting stuck rubbing against the slingshot rubber on the inside. Just pushing in the rubber band slightly and the ramp door would fall back down, even see a little rubber wear where it sometimes was sitting so I gotta watch those rubbers now. So undid the posts and shifted the ramp and now it consistently works.

#7894 1 year ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Code recommendation:
You can lock the ball pretty easily with a full plunge and letting the ball bounce from the left flipper to the Judith lock. If you drain, the ball is released. If you hit the target while playing, the ball is released into play for a 2-ball game.
I’d recommend a stand-alone 2-ball multiball with unique scoring and rules if this happens. As it stands now, if you release the locked Judith ball, you just get an extra ball and kind of flail. It doesn’t really work given how the modes are coded. A unique 2-ball multiball would add some risk/reward with releasing the locked ball vs. avoiding that area and letting the locked ball auto-release when you drain. FWIW

Isn't it when you unlock the trapped ball, you get a 2x multiplayer active till you lose one? I thought that's what the code is supposed to do as the reward for recuing it.

#7896 1 year ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Hmmm, I’m not sure, actually. I didn’t think so, but I could be wrong. If that’s the case, it may be a good idea to have a callout.

It's listed in the game flowchart on spooky's site: https://www.959224spookypinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/11/HWN_rules_flowchart-1.gif

Yea I don't know if there is a callout or anything, or if it even is working? If not then yea some kind of callout would be nice thing to add, I've never actually noticed the 2x modifier on the board in any way so not sure if its working.

#7917 1 year ago

No way to know the full details of a licensing contract guys, there is so many variations of how these contracts play out, especially for limited edition items, you are going to have a very different type of licensing agreement than some mass produced product. It's not uncommon that licenses are revoked, changed, or not as iron tight for smaller deals. Happens in gaming all the time especially, new licensor comes along and just outright doesn't honor old contracts for various reasons, or there is outs in original contracts that don't cover a sale/merger. Licensors also often have clauses that let them essentially do as they please.

The other issue with licensed products is that content often needs IP holder approval, so even if the license may say one thing, at any time the license holder could for example be like "nah, you can't do that"

#7918 1 year ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

Here's an example of the video compression I was talking about. This is a screen shot of the very first moment the video comes on. It happens every single time this (and several) scenes come on screen. It quickly sharpens up in the next few frames, but seems needless.
[quoted image]

I wonder if this has to do with the quality of the clips or some problem with certain transitions? Cause yea all the hedge clips to me do this at the start and then clear up a bit. While other clips play fine without this happening, like bunch of the pumpkin mode clips load up and look nice and crisp such as the fight, chase, etc. But also like when the pumpkin mode select animation pop ups, it looks rough when it loads up, so does the blood store.

Not sure if they need to update some of the clips with higher def or some software issue in some transitions

#7938 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Any unboxing tips? Mines in production and final invoice paid!

Hah if you never done it, look up setting up a pinball machine on youtube. Lot of good simple videos of how to setup.

#7941 1 year ago

Having an extra person to help makes a huge amount of difference as well in setting up a pin.

#7945 1 year ago

Cult of new and limited space in most folks homes has folks often tossing aside a game for the new hotness they find.

#7958 1 year ago

It's not a traditional feeling pin, it's not gonna appeal to tourney player crowds, and it really did have a rough launch with what appeared to be pretty lackluster code and presentation felt bare bones. You can see it's getting better for sure, but folks are scared off easily and theres now constantly something big and new coming around.

Once the units have all been shipped and it's sold out, and if the code keeps getting better and better, then this is gonna turn around. The machines are flowing in at a much faster rate now than other boutique makers which seem to only get out a small batch of pins shipped every few months. Spooky is pumping out a bunch of units each week so the market is seeing a good flow of this pin at the moment moving. Not everyone is going to keep their pin purchase no matter how good it is, even the high rated stuff gets tossed up for sale often.

Also it seems various distros have open slots on this game now as customers backed out, which makes it harder for folks to sell off their used pin. You can go various distros and still find Halloween now with opened up slots and open preorder slots offered online by other users. You want to sell your used pin you gotta price aggressively right now. The demand right now isn't there as supply has become plentiful

To note same stuff is happening with the Alien pin, seeing lot of negativity, cold feet, units being tossed up for sale, but that's also a pin that seems to be taking longer to get as it's from overseas and not a consistent flow, but we are seeing the game being tossed up pretty regularly now and for cost or below at times.

#7998 1 year ago

Yea maybe a different sound or tweak to it would help with the "monkey sound". I've seen the movie so many times I knew the sound immediately but know folks are like "huh" if they aren't big fans.

I do hope we get more movie clips, as mentioned just more stuff popping up animation wise or movie clips popping in and out during play would get great. Heck like the car squealing away sound is in the game, why not toss up a quick clip of the shape driving the car by during that. Godzilla for example has a clip pop up for like every little thing you do, there is stuff constantly going on instead of most of the game stuck on the same 2-3 screens majority of the time.

While I look forward to updated new animations, I do hope we get even more animations and movie clips added to keep the game screen really vibrant.

#8011 1 year ago
Quoted from John_C:

All of that sounds wonderful but I wonder if the CPU / GPU is up to the challenge. There's already quite a bit of pixilation seen at the beginning of some of the clips (as has been mentioned by others). I'm assuming this is due to some hardware / software limitations being encountered during game play.

Some clips play fine without the compression artifacts and such, makes me think there is encoding or just quality issues with the clips themselves.

#8018 1 year ago

Perhaps an update can get us some higher rez and new assets for the video files.

#8033 1 year ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Damn, that's 2 now. Wonder if Spooky got a bad batch of those mini PCs?

Yea that's strange to happen to two people so close to each other

Do all the Halloweens use the same mini pc so far? Thought I saw someone mention not having one?

#8042 1 year ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

The mini pc (computer) is needed or the game would not work at all.

Yea I know but others have mentioned having a different system. As mentioned below someone has a Raspberry Pi like setup instead.

#8059 1 year ago

I'll update my review with a possibly higher score if the new animations and such update blow me away. Really the weakest area for reviewing it to me was the animation and presentation of stuff aspects which I feel don't match the rest of the incredible game design yet.

#8096 1 year ago

Hope they get it taken care of for you. I love the machine but it's been the most finnicky pin I've owned yet with little issues. I got it dialed in now it seems and all working so hope I'm finally good on my machine. The thing is the highlight for folks when they come over cause of the theme, unique layout, and just how vibrant and gorgeous it looks.

#8099 1 year ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

did anyone come up with a fix for random skill shot missed triggers? Was it just an adjustment for one of the coils?
Thanks

Mine stopped doing it mostly lately, but I did want to adjust the coils cause I think it was said that raising the power of them helped? Or was it lowering the power lol....

#8110 1 year ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

did anyone come up with a fix for random skill shot missed triggers? Was it just an adjustment for one of the coils?
Thanks

I spoke too soon, played a bunch today and got several instances where my drop target reset was falling back down and scoring free skillshots. I went in and cranked up the drop coil setting up by 5 points, didn't happen again but will need longer term testing as this always been weird. Assume its the middle drop target coil setting, the game has quite a few on that list. At least I think it was more power for the drop reset which someone suggested.....

#8144 1 year ago
Quoted from Oneinchbiceps:

I learned not to be loyal to particular brand years ago. You can enjoy them all. When you don't you're just missing out on other good things. Less you are working for a company all my job is as a consumer is consume and enjoy.

Its silly as all you see if folks trashing every other brand. So many folks swearing about how bad anything Stern is, the cost cutting, and constant problems and lack of support/service. You got folks going all in on Pinball Brothers for continued bad code issues on Alien and other product problems that seem to plague that release. Everyone seems to have issues, and i mean pinball in general is prone to have problems with how hand assembled it all is, so many moving parts and areas of failure in machines that I don't think anyone is immune to problems with machines.

#8153 1 year ago
Quoted from finnflash:

I received the butter/no butter email a little over a week ago. How long from that email til everyone got the invoice to be paid?

This really varies wildly on so many factors so far and it's all over the place.

#8178 1 year ago

They are gonna be done with this games run by Halloween at this point

#8189 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

If you’re not tech savvy don’t buy tech that needs maintenance. I don’t know how to fly or maintain a private jet so …I’m not gonna but one. Also, no one has blamed the customer here. Although I personally have fuc#ed up a game or two myself as a customer. Let’s be real here. I straight up melted my EHOH dual motor board. I knew it, stern knew it. Pinball is just hard, plain and simple.

By this logic majority of people should not own computers, cars, etc.

There is a limit to how much a person can do, even those who own pins and can do some work, there is always those things that majority of the pinfans can't do or diagnose without some serious technical know how that only an actual tech would know. Average owner can learn to fix little things, maintenance, but some things just aren't going to be easy to take care of.

#8191 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

People who own boutique cars, gaming computers, audio gear etc go through similar problems. Smaller companies just don’t have the field support to fix everything that comes up. You gotta know that going in.

Again, that is nonsense as you can take a "boutique" car to any mechanic and they can deal with majority of issues on it. There is no such thing as boutique computers, seriously you need to calm down with your enthusiasm for this pin and Spooky cause you are going overboard on this board.

Doesn't matter if something is "boutique", it's still something that needs support and help in taking care of it. You are making wild assumptions that the folks having trouble with their machine have no idea what they are doing. You don't know these people, their skill level, anything of what they have done so let's not put blame on anyone.

#8207 1 year ago

Folks need to understand the difference of being able to fix machines, and faulty hardware going bad on new machines.

"oh you should know how to fix it" doesn't excuse the company who just sold you a new machine and parts breaking down or not working within few days of taking it in.

Problems need to be brought up, they need to be yelled out from the mountains as this is how you get visibility and how stuff gets fixed. The mentality that "it's pinball, suck it up" just lets the problems go untouched. Then folks go on boards and wonder why company X keeps doing Y.

No one has asked that spooky or any of these companies personally send one of their techs over, they just are asking for some damn support. Even a location operator is not gonna buy a new machine and go "oh well" when stuff breaks down right away on their new expensive purchase.

You expect people to keep paying a premium for your product, don't try to say "boutique" lets them get away with things.

I've had only good experience with spooky at least, but let's not trash other people problems and burdens as some kind of user error or waving away continued problems some might have

#8209 1 year ago
Quoted from BriannaWu:

Literally no one is saying Spooky shouldn’t make this right, or that they shouldn’t do a hell of a lot better. I love Halloween, but they are flat out failing on quality.
The things I went through getting my machine up and running are not things you should be asked to do.
My only statement is, “This situation is unfair. It’s unreasonable for Spooky to put the burden on you. But the best available BAD course of action is to work with them on the phone to check the basics.”

I wasn't disagreeing with you. But there are others who are acting like "oh whatever" on folks issues as if they should be able to fix everything themselves. You sometimes simply can't, if stuff is defective, it's defective.

#8266 1 year ago
Quoted from dnapac:

That’s not a lot of wires…this is a lot of wires (in my best crocodile dundee voice). Metallica playfield swap. No technician was sent…I was just stoked Stern sent me a populated replacement playfield. I bought this machine and it was up to me to get it done…no one around here has a clue how to help me. I had never done this, or even tried. People who are afraid, can do it…just move slow and take a ton of pics. If you get stuck, walk away for a while…you can do this. Coding and board work is where I draw the line…then I have to pay to get it done. Otherwise, if a pleab like me can do this…so can you.
[quoted image]

Wire management freak out

#8281 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

Why do you have to remove your playfield?

It helps to move pins down and up stairs and complicated areas. It can take a ton of weight out and makes it easier to move a cab around. Lot of folks will remove the back box, glass, and playfield to easily transport pins up and down stairs.

I got really tight stairs and to get my Godzilla in my office the whole thing was dismantled but it made it super easy to get upstairs. Thankfully the Sterns are designed really well for dismantling, very simple and easy to do. Older pins and such, you can't do this easy

#8286 1 year ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

I do this with older games where the head naturally comes off. I'll pull the head and move that, then the playfield, then the empty cab and don't have to ask for help with any of it, that way.

Sterns are just quite easy as it's like two cable bundles to unplug and just remove the box.

#8297 1 year ago

Yea if the box was damaged and you took pics, hopefully it was also noted on the delivery form cause they would need to make a claim against the freight company probably

#8415 1 year ago

Man I thought this was mostly gone but had friends over yesterday so booted up Halloween as it's what they all wanted to play, the new pretty shiny game. Course the recurring problem was back in full force and about 95% of every game started was giving us the drop target reset problem. Hit the start button, the center drops reset and quickly trigger giving away free successful skillshots. In several instances I didn't even know it was possible, but it would trigger MULTIPLE successful skillshots? Wait how? The drop would fall and reset doing one or two free skillshot bonuses in a row. This has been an on and off problem but it's almost consistent now and frustrating as this problem with the drop only happens on the reset of a new ball turn. Again switch tests proving nothing wrong and the black cap is present on the center drop targets.

#8420 1 year ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

Just an idea, but it may be worth checking to see if that target is warped at all. They don't make drop targets like they used to. I have installed replacement drop targets in working assemblies only to have them not want to stay up. A very slight curve to the target is all it takes. I have fixed them by heating with a lighter and straightening them out.

Ill have to check when I get home this more, cause you know I did think once that the center target did look like it was just a little not centered, as if it had a tiny tilt to the side a bit. Getting to that drop assembly is a pita though, hope I don't have to change it out

#8443 1 year ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

Just an idea, but it may be worth checking to see if that target is warped at all. They don't make drop targets like they used to. I have installed replacement drop targets in working assemblies only to have them not want to stay up. A very slight curve to the target is all it takes. I have fixed them by heating with a lighter and straightening them out.

Testing tonight, drop targets do seem straight, and funny enough not a single game tonight had the drop target glitch happening. The randomness of this is just annoying as all heck, it's almost like turning on the machine and it decides today the drop targets are gonna keep glitching. Then another day turn it on and it plays perfectly fine. Saturday night when we had it glitching, the drop target glitch triggered 10 out of 12 times. Today playing, not once. Ugh.

Keep having issues which is annoying, after finding out the right elevator flap was installed crooked and was catching on the slingshot rubber, I thought I had this all fixed, now the left side elevator came up all crooked instead. Apparently a ball hitting the outland post just nearly popped completely out was laying sideways. How that even happened is beyond me, never seen a post just pop out. Screwed it back in.

I don't know what it is but I do kind of feel concerned on the QC on these machines

#8445 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Just when the coaster was heading up, it comes crashing down. I feel like its a 50/50 crapshoot with the quality. Some pins play great out of the box, some with clear QC/QA issues.

Yea been frustrating, pretty much multiple times a week I got to open it up and tweak something. This nut came loose, this post just came out, this things now not working, now this is acting up. I love the game, and it's my dream theme, but it's been a pain in the butt too.

#8447 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I hate that feeling. “Oh, I gotta pull the glass…”. I am glad you’re psyched about the theme though - that’s obviously giving you motivation to keep on fixing. The drop targets issue sounds like a real pain. Has Spooky been able to do a video call with you about that? That would be the next step I’d request

They sent me a couple ideas to check but none of those shown any problems, we haven't done a video call on it, but at same time the problem is not one that I can recreate consistently. It just happens, sometimes it can go a day with no problem, then another day it's constantly glitching.

I increased the drop reset power slightly up and that seemed to have fixed it but then several days later, nope. So dunno if I should tweak more power settings.

Almost wish there was a delay on the skillshot activation period to avoid the accidental triggering, or like a couple other posts have had, where there skillshot is triggering missed skillshots on ball resets. The reset period seems sensitive on some of these machines.

#8451 1 year ago

So what drop target is the problem child? If it is the J. Myers one the problem might not be the drop target at all. That one is activated by an old school standup target. I would remove that and widen the gap on the contacts a bit. My thought is the contacts are too close and causing the problems that you’re seeing randomly.

it's the center drop target of the central 3 drops. Upon ball reset during start of game or between balls, the target will sometimes go up for reset, but it triggers back down immediately and pops back up scoring free skillshot success. Others have had similar on the same bank of targets but that it's triggering the other targets and causing instant skillshot misses. Mine when it happens is the center target of the 3. You see it pop back up then goes down and up again real quick.

Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Have you adjusted the height of the drop targets? There should be a screw that raises or lowers the drops a small increment at a time.

Not tried this. I would have to see what screw does this to try perhaps.

#8454 1 year ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

I don't have my HWN, but unless they are computer controlled drop targets, nothing 'triggers' the drop target back down. It's just not successfully catching on the bracket at the top. The plastic target has a lip that barely catches on the top edge of the metal assembly to hold it up. If the lip slips off of the edge of the bracket, the target is able to be pulled down by the spring. The game is then detecting this and popping the target back up.
It's hard to say if there could be something more to it with this particular assembly, but this does sound like a physical/mechanical problem. Did you take the target out and inspect it? You may need to set it on a flat surface to see if it's warped. You could also try just swapping it out, or swapping your targets around to see if the problem moves.

Yea this kind of sounds like what is happening, like it's going up and just falls down right away, popping back up quick then. Yea I guess it might need better looking at, never taken apart a drop bank like this so gonna be a first. Also would the idea of adjusting the height of the targets help?

#8459 1 year ago

Yea all sound like good ideas for me to try, now I just gotta figure out how to access the drop assembly, there seems to be a board of some sort in front of it that I will need to study on how to move out.

#8463 1 year ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

Usually, the whole drop target assembly is wired to the machine via a molex connector right next to it (again, not sure about HWN). You can disconnect it and then there's just a few screws holding the assembly to the playfield. Once those are out, you can pull the whole assembly out to test and swap targets. With some games it can be possible to swap targets without removing the assembly, but this requires some serious dexterity. I'm sure there are yt videos on this.

This is what it looks like: https://imgproxy.pinside.com/DGSXtVXldERzqmVgi-p1o4PCGZ8uCAEDEQoJxCD2ecM/rs:fit:2048:2048/q:70/aHR0cHM6Ly9vLnBpbnNpZGUuY29tL2IvYzYvYTAvYmM2YTAzMDkwN2Y4ODE2MDUxNzI0ODBlY2VmODI2OGU1YzI4NzhkMS5qcGc

The targets with their caps and screws are on the inside sandwiched between the drop assembly and that circuit board thingie

Quoted from rotordave:

This. If the drop target itself is ok and not broken, generally a tweak of the spring will fix it.
Try pulling it down a little and hooking it through another loop on the spring (making it tighter)
See how that goes. Just do the affected target, leave the others if they’re ok. Should be able to stretch the spring while the assembly is in the game.
A few mm more spring tension could do the trick.
rd

Wouldn't making it tighter make it worse if the problem is that the is the target doesn't stay up or catch sometimes? Wouldn't I want it to maybe be weaker in such a case? Or I got this backwards on how they work. I always thought the spring was pulling em down

#8468 1 year ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

You are correct. That said the springs are one of the areas I would check. I don't know what AJ has had you try, but I might swap the spring on the middle drop target that isn't working with one of the targets that is working. Perhaps that spring is just a little too tight. There is some variance in the springs. This can be done with a needle nose pliers, but it's probably easier if you take the drop target bank out of the game. If you do take the drop target bank out, I might dig a bit further. Behind each drop target is another spring that pushes the target forward. If you remove the black circuit board, you could add another washer (or two), which would apply more forward pressure on the target as they are resetting.
PS: As I'm typing this feel free to just send me an email at [email protected]. I'm sure I can send you a new target bank to swap out.

Thanks, playing with some folks suggestions, can't fully remove the spring as can't reach it, not sure how you open the drop assembly cause of that circuit board sandwiched on it, but did fiddle with the targets and unhooked the spring at least partially and reseated it twisting it around a bit as it did feel slightly tighter than the others but really could be my imagination. Still all the black caps look good, optos seem straight, the drops look straight to from what I can tell and such, so just played with the springs a little, and played so far it's worked tonight without issue, but if I keep having problems I might have to see some info on how to open that assembly so I can better get to the drop targets. And thanks, if nothing can get done eventually I might have to take you up on that bank

Quoted from rotordave:

Yes, the spring pulls them down.
It also holds them on the ledge.
The simplest way to show that is on the older drop banks - see how the spring is on an angle? It’s pulling it down and also forward. Otherwise when it goes up, it would 50/50 just come straight back down.
If the spring is too weak/too strong, the balance is upset and you get issues.
rd
[quoted image]

Thanks, I get it now. I can't fully access the center target spring which is the one thats giving trouble cause the other target is in the way, but did partially unhook it and twisted it around as it looked like it was slightly bent at the end compared to the others so now it looks straighter, see if that does anything for me.

#8474 1 year ago

Loomis call out "BUTT PRETZEL!"

#8487 1 year ago
Quoted from timtim:

Been pondering Judith ideas.
Keep it as ball save/ or 2 ball multiball.
2x as the first wave then kinda like how little Deadpool cycles.
The next complete Judith lock could be a Totally frenzy. You got to have a mode with tons of totallys on switch hits. I honestly always think of the word when I remember the film.
Then I was thinking next complete could be “The Thing from another world” 3x. It’s public domain, in the film, and who doesn’t think of monster movie marathons on Halloween. Could use the kid on the couch from the movie, and a tv with clips on the screen. I figured since it’s sci-fi it could be 3X on ramps and uppers only, since outer space.All white inset and lights to go with black and white. Cheesey music and sounds.
Make it really crazy and you can only get the 3x one if all done in 1 ball. A do or die risk reward kinda thing.
Maybe have the cruise with Mary Jane as one and do reverse flippers.
I just feel the shot is hard as hell, so some comical but useful rewards to stack with things could really widen the rules.

Theres supposedly some new gameplay involving the Judith tombstone target coming in the next code it sounds like.

#8492 1 year ago

Looking at the updates that were done to Ultraman with the animations and new footage, I really hope the Halloween update is similar in scope. For example all the new animations and such played while scoring combos really livens up the amount of stuff going on, with Ultraman tossing in random bits of fight footage. As currently in Halloween combos just give the blood splattering and update to the score. Just in general more audio and stuff going on will be great. I hope we similar level of new stuff, and hope some new movie clips are tossed in.

#8502 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

The crazy thing is, other than when a mode starts and there's a pause, I have zero clue what's on the screen. This game won't let me look up... Or I die!

Once you learn all the gaps in the gap outside of multiball. The game does have lot of travel time where you can look at the screen cause of the ball dribbling down, slow out lane loops, and subway travel, you got often lot of empty space.

#8507 1 year ago

Will we finally see pics of a BSE :O

#8543 1 year ago

Yea the speakers on the CE have a shiny pearlescent coating which is apparently similar to what the BSE will have. Other than that the mockup posted is likely going to be similar.

#8582 1 year ago
Quoted from Tbeck27:

Hello, new Halloween owner. Game has worked great for first two days and is pretty cool! Today upon turning it on it just shows this screen(pictured), and none of the of the menu buttons change anything. Upon turning it off and back on it just keeps going to this screen.. how do I get out of this?
[quoted image]

Ah geez another one?

#8585 1 year ago
Quoted from underlord:

Can’t we just have a procedure in the FAQ section of this thread for all these boot up screen resets?
Not one person ever gave an answer after Fawzma told them what to do to reset.

Was there a reset? I thought they had to replace the entire computer

#8601 1 year ago

Is the wood where the posts go into slightly threaded? Was wondering if those can strip? New problem I've been having, me left most outlane post that holds the Laurie ramp, keeps getting knocked out or over by ball strikes. lifting up the ramp metal to look at the hole, little bit of the wood has chipped away under. The metal threading is pretty low. The wood has a slightly threaded look to it so is that possible to damage? Just wondering why that post keeps coming out. I tighten it in and after a few plays someone hits it with a ball at some point and it will go crooked or pop out.

Wondering if something is damaged there or if I should say screw it and put loctite on the bottom thread. It tightens tight and seems sturdy, but after some play it keeps coming loose somehow.

#8604 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

THAT is cool as sh#t!!!

Lowe's currently sells them

Quoted from Completist:

That post isn’t being secured at all by the wood so no worry there. It is going into a tnut and not biting in enough. If you tighten and wiggle it by hand you’ll probably find it will come out again. I had a similar issue and i ended up using a thinner washer between the post and the flap to get it to grab easier. Note that if you tighten too much you will have issues with the flap staying up after the ball comes up the lifter. I ended up loosening both posts that secure the flap, tightening the left one first then the right and seems to be ok now.

Yea thinner washer might help. We did notice in tightening it, it was difficult to get it to tighten well and the washer would still spin and felt loose. We had to tighten it with pliers extra tight which like you mention might mess with the ramp lift. So I might have to try the washer change

#8643 1 year ago
Quoted from arcyallen:Rules question: At the point right before Sanitarium Multiball starts, there are two shots lit on the middle playfield that seem meaningless - the right standup, and the upper right "headlight hole". The right standup gives minimal points and no progression, and the headlight hole does nothing more than just letting the ball drop into the bottom left hole. It seems at this point there's no reason to hit any shot - just let the ball drop to the main playfield to start Multiball. Am I missing something?
Also, if someone could post a video of the "Butt Pretzel Shot" being made, that'd be amazing. When I hit the Michael spinner, the ball rarely makes it around that tiny right orbit. Spooky said it should go around that orbit, roll off your still-raised flipper, through the other spinner, and then back to the flipper.
[quoted image]

Yea I get what you are saying, I don't notice that lit shot doing anything at all, the multiball just starts no matter what so not sure why that is lit or it's just supposed to be telling us to leave the Sanitarium level at that point?

#8661 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Any whisperings of a code update coming any time soon?

Don't think theres been any word. Just assume it will be sometime before Halloween at least since the animation update for Ultraman came out on Ultraman day.

#8724 1 year ago

Went to Horror Nights last night and of course we had to do Halloween house first (best house btw). The pumpkin light sound is now ingrained into my head cause of this game, and it's funny as they use it so often in the house. Friend with us who also is a pinhead who plays the game all the time at our place kept going "the sanitarium is lit!"

#8726 1 year ago

Cool! I’m going 3rd week in October. Hoping to grab some Halloween merch

Halloween is great, they did a great job on the house this year, lot of great call backs and the finale they came up for it was fantastic.

Dead Man's Pier is also amazing, easily one of the coolest original houses they have done in a while. Amazing designs

#8781 1 year ago

Waiting for the new code like....

20220910_104603 (resized).jpg20220910_104603 (resized).jpg
#8813 1 year ago
Quoted from FattyPinner:

Hi mac2444, did you find a fix for this? I have the same problem on mine.
[quoted image]

What's your machine slant? If it's not enough the balls can get stuck there, or if it's not aligned right. Older models earlier in production had some issue with balls getting stuck there but they supposedly added a spacer in later models that helped stop that.

#8839 1 year ago

A user on the FB group had this happen too. So this is like the 5th machine we know of reported that has had their drive in the mini computer go bad. That seems to a high failure rate

Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

There have been several owners who have had some issues, but in general they’ve made close to 1000 games with a small handful who had issues. I got my game last week and it was perfect out of the box. So far so good

Not sure when they switched mini computers they were using, but apparently they were using a different model in earlier builds, later units have been coming with a different unit and that's where these drive failures started popping up.

Would love to know at what number they started to use these different computers, cause boy would I feel really insecure with my machine if I had it mounted in mine at this point.

#8846 1 year ago
Quoted from Tyler_Durden:

I agree, it would be nice to know where these changes occurred just for transparency. I am going to unpack my machine ahead of schedule just to make sure it's all good.

They said they haven't been using that model of PC anymore on the current production.

#8857 1 year ago

Having had bunch of desktops get bad drives at work, I really do fear for the cheap modern computers being put out there. Just hope there is backup replacement options for possible future issues if they arise.

#8872 1 year ago

I doubt there is many "bricked" or non working machines out there, most of the issues folks have seem to be more in line with common pinball part wear and tear or stuff that can be fixed it seems. If you got problems they seem to always be willing to work on getting it taken care of.

#8898 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Anyone get a butter cabinet delivered lately??

There recent post on FB showed they were working on butter CE's, so assume they are coming soon or they got in a batch. From what I understand they get a batch of cabinets made up in butter and then do them, so that delays them usually. The printing and buttering (is that the word?) are outsourced so they got to get those cabinets done in a batch before they hit the line.

Them doing BSE's I imagine means that they finished pretty much all the regular CE's and any left are butter orders at this point which usually take longer.

#8910 1 year ago
Quoted from Jenniebear:

I love my Halloween. I am hoping when we get the new animations we can also get some more callouts, especially when it’s time to pick in mode. I don’t look at the screen much so I always have that awkward moment waiting for the ball and I don’t realize I need to pick a mode. I would also it to call out multi-ball and the shot for Jack pot. A lot of times I’m confused and the print is very small on the screen.

The game needs more callouts in general. More audio clips from the movie, more movie clips, just more in general.

My hope after seeing what they did with Ultraman, that we are getting similar treatment. They for example apparently added more clips and such whenever combos triggered it looks like, which adds a whole lot more stuff going on.

So many great quotes and audio they can add, I would love to see what is added next

#8913 1 year ago
Quoted from BriannaWu:

Going to be interviewing SpookyBug on Rocket tonight over on Relay.FM! Interview is mostly going to be about Spooky and the process of developing Halloween - but if you have questions you’d like asked, leave them and I’ll see what I can do!

Ask when's the next code!

#8939 1 year ago

Have had parts sent to me twice from Spooky, each time with quickly responded emails and they had the package shipped out that same day or next day so the service has been excellent. They also offered to send replacements of other things that I needed figuring out with if I couldn't get em working. Nothing has been end of the world so yea, they have some of the best CS I've seen.

Rarely see this kind of service out there and I think it helps being a smaller company that it's more personal. Growth is great for the industry but at same time I think it really affects the level of personal attention. Just look at folks dealing with Stern, the biggest out there and having to wait 9+ months for simple parts or waiting over a year with no news on things their pin needs.

Quoted from Jenniebear:

Do the BSE editions not come with a numbered badge? I didn’t get one on my screen bezel.

Think the numbered plaque was a CE exclusive thing

#8943 1 year ago
Quoted from Deez:amazon.com link »
I ordered these. i haven't tried them yet but will report back after I do.

Folks swear by these, and seem to not have any problems after installing them.

They are so cheap for the set so I picked one up just for the heck of it for backups in the future.

#8946 1 year ago

Is there a BSE plaque somewhere? Haven't seen any on the three machines I've seen posted online. But does seem theres supposed to be one, just not numbered

#8950 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

He was beheaded, but he got better.

To be fair they wrote that into the ending originally that Jamie cut off the wrong person's head. She demanded they not use that ending but still filmed it. So they gave her a lot of money to come back in "part 8" and used the footage they filmed all the way back in H20

#8988 1 year ago

I would love elements of Halloween 2 in it. Even Ghostbusters uses Ghostbusters 2 elements… Scoleri brothers, river of slime etc. Do it Spooky! We have a whole year left for added content for code.

I imagine their license was only for the original film.

From merchandising we see, the rights for the films apparently are sold separately typically, for some reason Halloween 2 license is being used by lot of cheap companies to put out merch with that branding, there must be some legal issues with ownership as that film had a Delaurentis partnership for release.

#9104 1 year ago
Quoted from jjmf:

Having an annoying problem - balls coming out of the left orbit will occasionally go right down the center. Sometimes will happen 2-3 times in a row, then be ok for 9/10 shots. I checked the pitch and I'm at 6.8 - using a digital level not the phone app. Any suggestions - there are no blockages, or anything in the orbit that would deflect the ball. Is it just a matter of bending the orbit guide slightly? I searched and couldn't find any posts on the same issue. Thanks

If you can adjust the guide perhaps, but really there shouldn't be anything in the orbit to cause that to keep happening, those left orbit shots should be landing on your left flipper. Besides your pitch, check your level

#9111 1 year ago

They aren't going down at full blast? They seem pretty sensitive and drop easy, hitting them full on hard often though leads to wild air balls and smacking that plastic protector, I fear it not lasting long with how often it gets hit

#9126 1 year ago

Has anyone had an everlasting hedge multiball? It was stuck in multiball forever. I find the better I get the more bugs I’m finding. It happened when I stacked escape the kitchen with hedge multiball.

Did you have a stuck ball somewhere keeping the mode going? An extra ball getting stuck or lost during a MB can keep the mode going on and on and on....

Hedge also can be restarted if you get the pumpkin scoop in time it will restart the entire thing and keep going

#9137 1 year ago
Quoted from Deez:

I just checked on my halloween and the powder coat is all worn down completely to black on the lock down receiver corners as well as the side rails. Is Spooky offering warranty replacements on these parts? Anyone know? I haven't called them yet.

What number is yours?

#9142 1 year ago

I got my Halloween decorations up. Wheres my new code!

#9144 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Same. I have had several games where I have a Judith ball trapped, and I start a mode (Escape from the Kitchen I believe) and drain.. but the ball is never released from the Judith lock and I have to turn the machine off, or quit the game to cause a ball search to occur.
Speaking of which .. what are the requirements for locking a ball in the Judith lock? I’ve not been able to do that too many times. 2 hits?

It's 5 hits, but it's only one hit if you do it during the skill shot ball launch.

The 5 hits thing is annoying, making the shot feel kind of useless normally and risky to bother attempting normally. There was mention of new gameplay attached to the tombstone in the coming code so hope we see more use and scoring attached to that part, cause outside of the ball launch lock, it feels pretty pointless to bother with currently

#9183 1 year ago
Quoted from Deez:

285. I also have 615 but the armor is different. It's like rougher feeling. Will that last better?

The new rougher and less shiny version of the powder coat is apparently is the armor now done with a clear coat. The clear coating they are using is dulling the color and giving it that feel. It technically should last longer with the coating, though some folks say it didn't help, others say it's fine.

Think it depends on amount of use, how oily/sweaty the hands are, and the grip on the machine that will determine it in the end still.

#9187 1 year ago
Quoted from themegabuck:

2 weeks in with my BSE and I'm not understanding the hate. This game has a great ruleset and creepy atmosphere. I guess maybe if I only owned 1 or 2 pins, but it's great in the lineup!

The game launched with a very bare bones rule set and was missing lot of the improvements now in the game so that didn't help early word as well as presentation (there was no movie clips at launch). They added a bunch since and improved greatly.

If anything the complaints currently have been around some questions on build reliability

#9191 1 year ago
Quoted from finnflash:

#1123 non butter.
Would like to get this number for NOES when that comes out. When does that come out Spooky?

After Evil Dead

#9217 1 year ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

I do have some thoughts on the code, but I know a big update is around the corner, so will see what that brings to the game. [quoted image]

The new code I think will be what possibly finally brings it all together. There is warts in the presentation and think some gameplay tweaks would be great, so seeing what they do with the update is going to be exciting as it could really make this feel finally complete. It's really fun and come a long way, it just needs a little bit more to really shine and feel "done"

#9220 1 year ago

So they are about to finish the line before Halloween or they got international stuff on backburner still?

#9230 1 year ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

Agreed. There's a lot to like and the potential is there. It's mostly just a little rough around the edges with the content on the display, the timing of some events, and some of the callouts. The only significant thing that I think needs to be worked out is how the House mode dominates the display when it's active. It's pretty easy to keep starting House mode and I find myself deliberately avoiding it sometimes so that I can see the UI and animations/clips from the pumkin mode I'm in. Sanitarium mode kind of has the same issue, but I get that less often and it usually doesn't last as long.

See I get that with the Sanitarium and hate the music and the animation that plays. Also Sanitarium feels like it locks out alot of play till it's over so I hate that mode and seem to have harder time ending it than House Mode which I find more intriguing and fun

#9233 1 year ago
Quoted from timtim:

Maybe a Picture in Picture type of approach to the display during these modes. Like sanatorium stuff goes to the corner after the initial clips.
Excited to see what the update brings.

I wouldn't mind a timer on Sanatorium mode really. House attack can end if your not engaging it and keeping Laurie's health up, Sanatarium should have a timer really or some other end condition other than completion or losing your ball. Have gotten many games in where I was essentially locked into that mode for long time cause I wasn't able to complete it and still find it actually one of the more annoying ones to finish.

#9267 1 year ago

Any chance of improving the quality of some of the movie clips or updating them in the near future?

#9280 1 year ago

Halloween is so well lit, it plays great in the dark. Nothing is really hidden cause of all the lighting effects.

It's funny as I was emailing a distro to put in a deposit on Alien, when I found an available Halloween at a distro and switched to that instead. I still want an Alien for home, it's another top fave franchise, but I'm a bit tapped out for room now.

Quoted from spooky_dj:

There is definitely a chance! I'd even go so far as to say a fairly decent one!

PRAISE BE!

#9287 1 year ago

I already got the Freddy pin of old (does have dream warriors MB), so selfish me wants a theme not done before.

Evil Dead

#9297 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

CE 920 Comes home Sept 28th!!! So pumped!!
Are initial delivery estimates fairly accurate?

Really depends on the freight company itself, and their drivers lol

Mine took an extra week with the pin sitting in some distro hub for the freight company in another nearby city the entire time. Like it's only two hours away, someone bring it to me!!!

#9358 1 year ago
Quoted from TimeWarp1:

Strange, anything Spooking doing about this? It's not the end of the world, just a bit strange considering the price for these.

Contact spooky, if your the original owner they can help get newer coated armor. The older lower numbered machines had more problems with their powder coat, newer ones have a clear coat on em to help

#9379 1 year ago

From what I've seen with new people to the pin when they try it, is that the game is pretty non traditional in it's design and rules. Halloween has alot of "objective" play with focus on modes for it's scoring. Theres alot of dead shots that don't do anything or give you any points at all depending on where you are at the game. Now typically in most games, you hit the ball with the flipper, you are gonna score some points cause there is something the ball will hit that gives you random points, but in Halloween there isn't a ton of stuff on the playfield you hit that is just tossing points at you. You can have moments where your smacking that ball to and from on the field and you see you are getting no points at all. To get the points in this game you got to be triggering and unlocking the modes that really kind of turn on the game. Makes the game more of a thinking game as you really got to be aiming for the objective play, where as random pinball a person picks up you can just be batting that ball back and forth not knowing what is going on, and your score is just building up quick. And again there is the deadshots in some moments in Halloween where suddenly stuff seems to become pointless. This is fine as it makes you think of where the ball needs to be going, but for casual flippers this may see frustrating.

Godzilla has a DEEP ruleset for example, but random person gets on mine and plays, they are seeing constant stuff going on, huge points, everything on the playfield is tossing points and triggering callouts and video clips.

#9383 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I think this is true but also…my earnings on Godzilla went down when I brought Halloween in. I’m still pulling full coin trays out so people are definitely attracted to it at least. And I’m assuming it’s not only the good players because not a single soul has got on the board yet haha. Most likely because the lowest score on it is like 180 mil. I’d reset them but…I like to push people to take me down haha

Halloween has the new shiny to it, it's a unique cab, theme, and it's sorta more rare than a Godzilla which pretty much every modern location has now.

Quoted from Betelgeuse:

Halloween moved up a few spots in the top 100 today. If you guys really want to help with the ranking, you should probably enter your ratings for the BSE and SE too. Those aren't as choked up with reviews from maroons who played the game once at a show and got mad about losing balls in the inlane lifters, so the average can bring the whole grouping up.

I will revise my review once new code comes in. Game to me is all high marks, but still lacks in polish in the presentation. If they are updating the videos, adding new animations, and adding to it with the next update then I'm sure my ranking will go up.

#9412 1 year ago
Quoted from metallik:

I am not seeing this. I've have had plenty of non-pinheads play GZ... they don't get anything started and there's not much going on the screen except "shoot the wamps." Without the two ramps and a scoop shot, there are no modes, and things like Tesla, tanks and bridge take too many shots for newbies to survive.
TBH I see novices stumble into modes on HWN much more often than GZ - the center drops quickly get clobbered by flailing and the ball eventually finds its way into the pumpkin hole (sometimes from a lucky shot to Sanitarium and subsequent drain). They don't finish the modes but at least something's happening.
AIQ is more akin to giving things away; novices will get Thor often and it's easy to spin the wheel to get a mode on Premium games.

Yea completely opposite for me. GZ is pretty complex, but again every shot pretty much does something. Even if they have no idea what is going on, the game is exploding with points being tossed out for anything you do, callouts triggering non stop, lights blasting, sounds going off, movie clips constantly changing, it's a frantic and constant game of something happening.

While with Halloween I'll see players over and over again trigger Sanitarium mode and just be locked in that for long periods of time and not being able to do much as they are locked out of other things. Same thing with house mode, where they flail around trying to get the ball to do something and instead or just hitting a bunch of targets that now give zero points. At a recent party a friend in house mode was just sitting there with the ball smacking around in the sanitarium level hitting the targets and plunging into the hole which just spits it right back out, he was there for a long time and looks at me and goes wtf, no points for this?

Do folks stumble into modes? Of course, but the game is far more strict on how your supposed to play when games like GZ and many others anyone can just sit there slapping the balls around and watch points rack up without needing to know whats going on. Halloween while I like it, doesn't feel well designed for newbie play or those not informed on the rules.

#9431 1 year ago
Quoted from dnapac:

So, is that bad? At 1250 total pins, only a small fraction end up on location…and some of those locations love it. Most are HU…so, either long term, or someone who changes it up frequently…no matter the title or manufacturer. Unless the newbie loves the theme…and the theme only. Most of us, with HU, love it all!! And a unique layout…is welcome. I, for one, is over the fan. Please, have some imagination. Or stay with what sells…fan it is.

Never said it was bad. The original discussion was centered around folks not understanding the game, rating it low, calling it bad. Halloween is a game that you really need to learn to the rules for it to really click. I love the game, and not saying one is better than the other. But just pointing out that it feels like it's a game that many will judge harshly from the get go without really investing time to learn it, while other games give you the instant whiz bang gratification.

#9451 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

The ball save effect needs to be changed. It's abrasive on my brain!

Noooo, it's a sound from the movie. Game needs more of that

#9483 1 year ago

The night he came home..... for new code

#9544 1 year ago

I'm a bit surprised with how long the servo issue has gone on, that Spooky just didn't go ahead and put in different servos on machines instead of just using the same ones

The sound issues to me are part of the whole polishing the code and presentation needs. The audio is kind of all over the place with some callouts being super loud, others being muted by other things going on randomly. The clips from the film are great, but then some of the new recorded VA stuff is a bit cringe.

Seriously I really don't get the "MICHEAL MYERS IS IN HEELLLLL!" line. It doesn't make sense, or have any relevance to the first film.

#9548 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

the "Michael Myers is in hell" line is from Part 4. But you're right - not from the first movie.
I was expecting to hate the Loomis voice actor - but for the most part he's pretty good, sounds quite a bit like Donald Pleasance, IMO.

I dont mind the actor, but some of the poor lines like the "in hell" one always take me out of the game. I kinda wish they would take more voice clips from the movie for callouts and random sound bytes during play.

#9550 1 year ago
Quoted from Bagdad:

I understand what you mean, but still I find it odd when there is 0 sound going on, it just feel unfinished, at least have some backgound sounds or ambiant sfx.

There should always be music going on though. And most targets produce a sound

#9649 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Looking good!
I’m starting to like the idea of a backglass -without- the name on it. I mean really, it’s kind of redundant with the huge Micheal Myers on there. I doubt Spooky is selling CE back glasses but I’d definitely be up for one on my BSE!

Think they said to others wanting CE parts that they are staying exclusive to the CE customers and not available to purchase.

#9658 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I am getting very excited about new code. Really hoping we get it a few week before the holiday.

You mean this week

#9661 1 year ago

Made a little Strode Realty sign. Still need to come up with a more permanent way to mount. I have it taped to the back of the target for now. It won’t last there though.
[quoted image]

I fear for that sign getting steam rolled

#9674 1 year ago

Theres a magnet in this game?

#9676 1 year ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Yes, the end of the balcony.

I just assumed it was caught there and balanced at the tip lol

#9711 1 year ago

Tourny players seem to want big points and lots of fast shooting. Folks consider Halloween "slow" with all it's modes which have lot of non scoring activated in, you gotta be focused on doing tasks in Halloween for the points and some of it involving the various fields can take more time than they like.

#9747 1 year ago

Wait, did someone say new code?

#9752 1 year ago

Seeing the numbers being delivered on FB, are they like one or two weeks out from finishing the run for this game?

#9767 1 year ago

This thread keeps coming back around to a fight with mpdpvdpin over and over on the opinion of this game.

#9771 1 year ago

I'm offended!

lol, true horror fans are super accepting of the wide variety of critique and crap nature of majority of our genres films. We love bad on purpose most of the time

#9778 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Freddie being "an all time favorite" is more offensive

lol

My first pinball love and first ever owned. I still love that stupid ball spitting head

#9782 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

That's just rude Luke!

It’s Halloween; everyone’s entitled to one good scare

#9799 1 year ago

Right, it's time Spooky brings peace to the land. You know what to do

#9812 1 year ago
Quoted from TheCoinSlotTC:

#1244 here, awaiting our standard. Anyone have a clue if we’ll be playing this thing before actual Halloween? Asked the same question on Spooky FB but no response.

This is always hard to say for many variables

#9837 1 year ago
Quoted from Zek_Pinball:

So just got my Halloween Blood Sucker edition butter cabinet and they forgot the backbox key...haven't even got to play it yet. Looks like I'm gonna be calling Spooky first thing in the morning.

Mine came loose in shipping and was stuck in some of the wiring all the way in the far back of the cab, had to lift the the playfield all the way to find it.

#9857 1 year ago

The standards have no decals at all on any of the targets? Seems odd

Quoted from Jenniebear:

How is the knife attached in the shooter lane? I just bought one from Trick or treat studios. Would anyone be willing to take a photo of the back side of their knife so I can see what type of bracket they used? Thanks

They seem to have drilled some form of L brackets into thee knives to screw them onto the field

#9879 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

I wish spooky incorporated a setting to not stack modes. Multiple modes means multiple shots flashing and I'm unsure what to shoot. My wife was reading the tiny instructions on the LCD to me as I was in multi ball, cause there's no way to look up when you are trying to hit the balcony shot while keeping the main playfield balls in play.

You want to be able to stack modes, it really helps scoring with some of the modes if you can combine them.

#9885 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I wanted to emphasize this post - I also agree the lights can get super confusing when modes are running. Especially when multiple things are flashing, it can be difficult to figure out where you’re supposed to shoot. I’m usually trying to read my next shot off the screen, which ends up with a drain a lot of the time. Callouts help, but there aren’t callouts for every single shot.
I don’t have a suggestion for how to address this yet, and I’m sure the next code update is pretty close to being locked anyway, but I’ll keep thinking about what to suggest. The ambiance is so good on this game, you don’t want to lose that either

They could possibly try to add some more audio call outs for some mode guidance, especially during stacked modes. "shoot the ___" etc.

#9910 1 year ago
Quoted from Mundy53:

I wouldn’t think lemon law applies to something like this. I haven’t asked about replacement, I don’t see too much incentive on Spooky’s part for something like that. AJ has been helpful and friendly every time I’ve called and their customer service has been miles above that of the larger pinball company. I’m throwing my hands up in the air and accepting the big hit as a lesson learned on this one.

I think that's fair, it sucks you've gone through so much and sucks that Spooky couldn't get it all working for you. Just sounds like some bad luck or something else is just been messing up everything somehow. But I would feel the same.

#9934 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

In fairness to Michael, he probably only murdered 5 people by the end of Halloween. And a dog.

He killed 4 and the dog.

And then 53 in the night of Halloween 2018/Kills lol

#9948 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

5. Judith, jumpsuit/garage dude in the weeds, and 3 “teenagers.” And probably 2 dogs. The Wallace’s and the one he ate.

Yes, but I thought you meant by end of that halloween night so just ignored Judith hah

#9965 1 year ago

Every time the thread is bumped, I get excited for a code announcement....

#9991 1 year ago
Quoted from DropGems:

Have a ce coming. Read somewhere here about the gold armor turning black… is this still a thing and is it avoidable? Thx

Really depends, the newer run models it happens less too it seems. If it's an older model, low number, then you will want to coat it for sure.

I got 620 something CE after they started coating them, and have had no discoloration on mine which i've had over 3 months now

#10028 1 year ago

Ends releases in 2 days, perfect time for the code

And can't wait for the angry mobs after the movie's release, cause I know it's gonna be controversial

#10036 1 year ago

Hmmm yea maybe a hint of something special if it's with Deadflip and it doesn't look numbered?

#10055 1 year ago
Quoted from insight75:

Is this latest movie really the last one?

Of this series probably, but they will surely make more Halloween movies. Reboots, refreshes, new starts, some kind of awkward sequel... who knows, but it will happen.

#10073 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Come on code drop!!!

It's funny I've been playing my other pins and not turning on Halloween cause I'm anticipating new code and want to put a ton of time into it once it drops

#10093 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I dont have any doubt its coming home and mabne they are thinking dropping it on Halloween is the plan.
If its ready, anytime will be fine Spooky

If they are adding any new clips and such too, they might have to also wait on licensor approval too which also slows things down with licensed products

#10101 1 year ago

It's coming tonight at 8, early release!.... I mean for Ends on Peacock streaming. Not the code....

#10108 1 year ago
Quoted from Geeterman1:

Where are you reading this? I saw that on fb but peacock still says 10/14 which I’m assuming means 12am.

Was a post on twitter

#10113 1 year ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Hopefully Spooky doesn’t lose the rights to this one too, before code is finalized.

Losing rights would not stop them from being able to work on code, it would just hinder them adding any new material to the game

#10122 1 year ago

Saw Ends, and ended up kinda liking it. Lot of folks will hate it, it's a huge change in concept and they went a very different route. I wasn't a big fan of Kills, despite having some cool slashing, it was a bad movie. This movie is a much better made film, but it's also not one that some fans are going to accept as it's so wildly different.

#10151 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

For those that really enjoyed this movie - I totally get it’s different but the problem I have is that unlike 3, this one actually has Michael in it. That’s what bothered me the most. I liked the story, appreciated the fact it didn’t need to be a slasher like kills but downplaying the real star of the series and even having him being bullied basically was so disrespectful to the character that is pure evil. How do you take the kills ending where the guy was basically superhuman and then have him like this? The inconsistency is frustrating. I just hate what they did with Michael.
Looking back on it, 2018 is really where I’m considering this thing ended as it really was great all around. I never say no to new Halloween though.

The new series was really about Laurie, not Michael. For those who hold up Michael as the protag essentially, this is gonna be a problem for some.

Also the other problem is that... we didn't need Kills, Kills was a completely pointless waste of time. You literally can erase Kills and go 2018 to Ends without missing a ton that couldn't have been conveyed in dialogue or like a couple seconds of footage.

#10154 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I look at it this way: Kills was never part of the original plan. That was added after the success of 2018, the green lighting of a sequel (Ends) and after some thought, a little studio math, and possibly even writing what might have been a very long script for Ends. They felt they had enough material to do 2 movies, so Kills was your standard slasher, and it was fine, more of the same.
Ends was a (IMO) way more interesting story about the different ways evil comes about - Laurie even has a monologue about how evil either “exists” (Michael, the plague, disease) and how it is “created” (the new kid, ha Michael in Rob Zombies film). So we got BOTH things, from either movie. For me, I would have been a little bored if it was just yet another Kills/part IV/V/VI
At the end of the day, Michael isn’t a supernatural being. Thank goodness they ignored all the Thorn Society stuff. He is JUST A REALLY EVIL DUDE. And the natural next, inevitable step is that he finally actually dies. Doesn’t Laurie say something like that: “you’re just a guy”. I can’t remember the exact dialogue. That was driving the point home. In this storyline, (until Kills), he has ONLY killed Judith, Nancy, Linda, Buster, and the random truck driver with the Red Rabbit matchbook. He is not some legendary decades-long serial killer.
I thought for a while they were going to kill Laurie, or they would both die together, and that would have been too cutesy I think.

Yep, Kills is just pure an utter filler. The idea of making this a trilogy just seemed short sighted, and they pretty much admitted to how often they changed the direction of things. Ends was also going to follow Kills originally and be part of the same night but heck they completely tossed that out. This feels like the problem with Hollywood where everything is either a franchise or that everything has to be a "trilogy" without the oversight in what a trilogy should be. Same happened with the new Star Wars trilogy, they literally went in with no plan of what the next two films were even going to be.

Feel that this new series works better if you delete Kills. 2018 the return and establishing of things, and Ends kind of brings everyones story to a close, Laurie, Myers, Haddonfield.

#10173 1 year ago

Seeing how fast Judith Myers' BF... was.... maybe a boyfriend leaving ball save!

#10201 1 year ago

It helps to just learn each of the pumpkin modes before hand. So even when you got a stacked mb going, you know where those shots are going.

But having a pumpkin mode on when you trigger a MB really helps score a ton of points often. You will be hitting pumpkin mode targets and completing them without even really realizing it.

#10211 1 year ago

A seized coil or something on a board burned.

#10253 1 year ago
Quoted from Ty-Arnold:

What number are you? I paid for 1225 a couple weeks ago but haven't heard anything.

Someone had posted they got 1220 already somewhere from what I recall. The deliveries aren't in order for various reasons they have posted. Payment processing, the distro communication, etc.

#10257 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

HWN started awarding skill shot automatically and is awarding random points. Anyone have this issue before? Know where to look?

Is your drop target going up and down upon hitting start button?

Mine was doing that alot, would just give free successful skillshots cause the drop target kept going up and down each ball.

#10271 1 year ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

How did you fix it ? Mine is still doing random missed skill shots and Im pretty sure it has to do with these three drop targets. I adjusted the coils, but still does it

I adjusted the springs on my targets and it seems to be working fine since. I had twisted the spring on my center target around before hooking it back up, it seemed to be slightly twisted compared to the others. Not sure it's fixed totally but since tweaking it that day it's not been doing it, hopefully sticks as it was a fairly common occurence

#10278 1 year ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

Can someone confirm this - after going across the balcony I then hit 2 stand ups next to the left ramp and then the ramp and only got above the chest. I have confirmed Adult mode is on.

You got to go across the balcony bridge again from what I recall to get the full bewbs

Cause she does the filing nails, then she does the tease and drops the sheet you see only a little bit, then there is another scene which shows the full shot

#10294 1 year ago

Ive gotten the full bewb clip but it was also during MB craziness going on while having the Bob and Linda mode on, so not sure the full procedure, but hitting it up there again was able to get the rest of the lewd clip

#10299 1 year ago
Quoted from metallik:

While it would be a band-aid, Spooky could fix this in code: just ignore any playfield switch closures for ~1500ms after firing the trough eject coil.

It would also fix the issue I've had randomly happening where my game would eject the ball into the trough and it would score free skillshots cause of the drop target resetting.

#10319 1 year ago
Quoted from DodgeThatOne:

Hello,
No 1195 SE is on the way! Just return from vacation in Florida today and received the email.
It is shipped via Fedex Freight Priority with Residential Handling and supposed to arrive on Thursday the 20. I am a little nervous that I will have to wait all day home and since is during the week, my helpers (movers) are working. I live in an apartment (second floor) on a residential street and I will need help to bring it on to my door to put it in the indoor staircase before I am able to have help to bring it to the second floor on the weekend.
Of course, I dont't think that the shipping company will bring it to the second floor for me. But I was wondering if the shippers were helpful and if they will have a dolly to help me bring it fours stairs up from the sidewalk to my door. How was your experience with the shipping?
Thanks
Cheers,
Chris

Most shippers just will drop off the pallet at the curb or if nice will bring it to your garage if they can make it up to it, but they typically will not do anything with removing it from the pallet and such

#10322 1 year ago

Waiting on new code like....

codewa (resized).jpgcodewa (resized).jpg
#10339 1 year ago
Quoted from Angell1028:

Anyone else's topper come completely off? Had it for about a week and the topper just dropped off the mechanism lol also my ball save auto return is not working. It tries to kick it out over and over but I have to manually do it myself. Anyone else have these issues?

gotta screw it back onto the motor arm. Kinda common issue folks have had where the tiny little screw that holds it on just got loose. Get it back on and tighten it, also use loctite on it to keep it tight and on or its gonna do it again eventually

#10347 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

That ball should eject after you drain to continue your ball. The whole purpose of it is that it is a live ball save. So…when it comes out…flip!

Yea the rules flowchart says its supposed to lock in MP for the next player to earn

#10354 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Interesting, why would a player attempt that skill shot or shoot the lock 5 times to lock in a multiplayer game if they could not benefit from it when their ball drains? Hardly seems worth the bother. Detrimental even. I think Judith ought to function like a standard one player game in multiplayer but this ball steal rule should be rolled into a tournament mode. Along with no extra ball, no points buying in blood shop, no ex ball in blood shop, no Hedge restart, no house saved progress, two tilt warnings instead of thee and no ball save.

[quoted image]

It's a risk mechanic I guess, the point of the Judith is supposed to be unlocked to get a 2x multiplier, but this is also something I've seen questioned as possibly not working also. Anyone know if that is true, that the 2x scoring multiplier for getting the Judith MB is not doing anything?

#10372 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

GZ just got a pretty solid update. You can do it guys!
Also just noticed TODAY that Loomis says “Haddonfield, BENTON, these towns are all the same…”. Yeah yeah so I’m late to the party

Think Spooky is mostly all at the Pinball Expo so likely that's getting in the way of new drop. I imagine they are gonna try to get this out on or right before Halloween

#10464 1 year ago
Quoted from finnflash:

I have a BSE and think the quality is great! I actually went with BSE because I liked the powder better on it, and dont think there will be any issues.

Even if there is an issue, being primarily black in color will mean folks won't notice majority of the issues if they even do happen

#10544 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

They are called "Trancas International" now. Halloween is literally the ONLY thing they do, and they have nothing to do with it except collect royalties. I can't imagine they are *that* busy.

They are likely working on code and not so much as waiting on licensor approval. Only thing that would need actual approval is any type of new inclusion of audio/video clips from the movie, potentially any new animations, which in reality I would imagine are already in and been delivered if there was an internal deadline. For all we know, they are working on code up to the last minute, and no code would not need actual licensor approval, just only the media actually using the IP. I would imagine at this point they got all the stuff approved, and are working on actual bug fixes, code polish and so on, none of which needs licensing involvement

#10545 1 year ago
Quoted from Ty-Arnold:

I highly doubt they release the code on Halloween. Maybe a couple days before or a couple days after. So it's looking like after Halloween.

The new code was released on Halloween last year actually, so I assume that's the plan this year also. Oct 31st once again

#10547 1 year ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I believe *everything* needs to be approved by a licensor. It’s their IP and their IP name on it, so they want to check it.
Some guys are easy going (Alice Cooper etc who are into it) … and some are not so easy.
I heard Disney is a pain - probably such a big machine it’s hard to get anything happening there.
rd

Most licensors have no way of approving code or checking it out. Their only concern is typically any media asset usage for the actual pin, so video and audio clips would need approval. But typically for video games and such, the licensors do not have programmers or means to actually check and go through actual game code to actually approve it.

This is why also in some cases even without licensor approval, some licensed video games are still allowed to get patches and updates, as long as no new media or changes are made, but only actual code behind the scenes work is done. For example Friday the 13th, they had no way to produce new content, but they were able to still continue supporting the product and patching it for bugs and such without the need for a licensor approval

I worked with a board game company way back and we did a licensed product, and we essentially could do whatever we wanted with the game itself typically, but any time any new art was made or used and assets from the TV series we were involved in, then we had to sit around and wait for approval. But the licensor had no interest in actual game assets outside of the media usage in anything.

#10551 1 year ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Everyone involved with licensing these days says that it has changed dramatically in the last few years.
In the old days (pinball wise) they’d pay a set fee for the licence then go for it.
These days, everyone is squeezing every last cent out of everything - all the music companies and actors and voices are all holding their hands out, and get bucks paid on every unit that rolls off the factory floor. And approval rights too.
Which is why you see half assed licences like Sterns Jurassic Park, where the only thing they buy is the name and the logo, they have to pay extra bucks for the theme song, and then they have to make everything else up themselves. Gomez even made up the Jeep … sorry, off road vehicle … sculpt so they didn’t have to pay any car companies.
Evidently the Jaws licence consists of the Jaws title fonts, the rights to use the shark, and that’s about it.
rd

This is where it depends how much material is being added to the new code. The assets would all need to be reviewed for sure, but the code itself would be meaningless typically. The code is just bunch of logic and alphanumeric gobbleteegook that the licensor would not understand. But it's all gonna hinge on how long they have had the assets done and in for review. I would imagine if they did intent for a Halloween release, most of that stuff is already in the bag hopefully and if anything they are doing final code polish to prepare its release

This code has been in the works now since July? So perhaps they even have it all done and ready to go....

#10599 1 year ago

Halloween ruined, lets just cancel the holiday

#10610 1 year ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

Helluva job stepping in at this stage and taking over coding duties on this classic. First, you must be a MASSIVE Halloween fan. Second, you need to have the creative genius to create an immersive and 'spooky' gameplay experience.
A coder with 22 years' experience means diddly squat, unless they have creative flair.
This is the world of entertainment; expectations are sky high.

Depends if he's actually part of the creative part of the coding. Lot of programmers working on games have no actual design input or it's very minimal, their job is often the execution of the designers. At this point especially the big update to come has likely already been in the work for a while and he's just jumping in to help get it done and to further work on it.

#10649 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

They have been hiring programmers and other new employees the entire time. Fawmza is still leading a programming team for HWN/UM. Its not the wild curveball everyone is making it out to be.

Do we know this about Fawmza still is valid or just assuming? There hasn't been anything new said since that original announcement months past and now we got info on a new programmer.

#10651 1 year ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

Am I missing a lighting or sound cue that the ball is on one of the upper levels? I just got the game set up last night and there's no way I would bother putting this out for random neighborhood Halloween festivities because walking up to it with no knowledge of where the ball goes--forget it, it's in the drain before you see it. I'm familiar with the lifter audio cues and those take practice too, but the game has zero approachability for casuals. It's fun to shoot and yes, the code is on its way, but I can't imagine how it's been for those who have owned this game for the past year waiting for all of these rough spots to be fixed.

There isn't any cues, you just gotta follow the ball if it's going up there, unless it hits an upper target that plays a unique que like a Sanitarium sound byte....

#10682 1 year ago

This just shows how silly the rating system is in functionality.

#10721 1 year ago

They bring up a good point in the review how the pinball community has this group think of what is must haves and such.

#10761 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

The ratings move all the time w new shineys, or whichever group decides to pump a game...
More of a tribute to the standards ( MM and AFM) imho...

It's also silly cause the previous ratings. When the LV model is just cosmetically different, but theres a huge gap in score difference, so because a handful of reviewers inflated their reviews of a special edition of the machine, it artificially rises the placement. Some cosmetic differences of the cab is enough to propel the scores to the stratosphere suddenly compared to the game's previous lower ratings?

#10804 1 year ago

GalaxyCon was doing live fan meetups online I believe

#10832 1 year ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

B+
You think the A+ cabinet art really matches that of anything on the playfield/plastics?

Much of the playfield is done by the same artist. There is some random bits here and there that are generic art like the upper playfield bits, and random leaves and such, but there is a bunch of the cabinet artists' work on the field too. Some of that background stuff is not as great that's for sure, but they also made sure to use that lesser art on the further away and more obscured content, while the stuff in your face is the sweed Edmonson art

#10918 1 year ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

Oh dear... Well I was really enjoying this game, until I started it today and got this dreaded screen... I guess the PC or drive has packed up after only 50 or so games.
I'll be raising it with Spooky, and I'm sure they will get me up and running asap, but its a little disappointing to say the least. Especially since I have 9 machines and the only 2 completely unplayable are this and my ACNC, which is also currently down with a bad CPU/drive. [quoted image]

Some build issues are annoying, but this bad drive problem that keeps popping up here and for users on facebook groups is really the scary thing about this pin sadly.

#10924 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Super annoying, to be sure - but the great thing about using off the shelf components is they are easy to replace, and easy to emulate. So think about 20 years hence - still plug and play, even if the exact parts aren’t available (and they won’t be!)

Hopefully it's something that can be still easily replaced or fixed in the future. Or at least another alternate route to fix it. It really feels like newer machines were seeing these bricking of their computers more often than the older units though from so far all the ones that got posted were newer units from the past few months

#10974 1 year ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

That’s an SATA SSD, just an industrial spec. They are replaceable same as the ones we are more familiar with. I think this is called m-SATA, and it’s also called “SSD Chip”, but they are all really the same thing

Reminds me of when the wife and me bought some gaming PCs online from a big name manufacturer, so obviously cheaper models of gaming pcs. But the SSD's on both or systems kept just dying on us. Between us we went through 6 drives, had to keep getting new ones, and it was some cheap drive part we found online too. Upgraded to a better brand and stopped bothering with getting replacements of the included ones from the manufacturer, and the better drives never went bad

#11153 1 year ago

Something friend and I have been noticing, but is the outlane save you buy from the blood store... do nothing? We buy the save and right away have seen it not do anything when the ball goes to an outlane. We have to test it more but we both have done this and feel like we've never seen the save actually kick in.

If you buy an outlane save, and your ball drains down the center normally, does it also erase your purchased outlane save? Trying to figure out why it feels useless to buy, we've never seen it do anything

Quoted from Roostking:

Is 1.08a it?
We never actually got confirmation from Spooky that we were actually getting a major sw update like UM did that i am aware of, only that Spooky is going to work on code for the next year. That could simply be bug quashes...Along with a new programmer, without confirmation that Fawzma is still on board makes for a nervous nellie...

They said there was more coming and that Halloween was getting a year of updates still at least. And that we know there was all new animations being made for the game using new animators who worked on the new UM artwork. So it seems like whatever problems happened, slowed down the newest update which sounds like its a big one.

#11158 1 year ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

If you look carefully, it only saves the ball if it rolls through the lane with the lit blood. You can choose which lane is lit with your flippers. And yes, it'll disappear when (not if) you drain the ball down the center after purchasing. It only took me a couple hundred games to figure out why the purchase "didn't work". Just like when you buy the ball save, it's ONE ball save. Not unlimited, like you might reasonably assume.

Oof, kind of feels like a waste of points at it's cost then, thought it gave you both lanes and then for it to only last for that single ball too.... too expensive blood wise.

#11164 1 year ago

At the moment I only buy points in the blood shop. Nothing else seems value added.

Yea, extra ball is also good but that's expensive. Kinda feel they could rebalance the blood point costs of some of the shop items, and possibly look at making the outlane saves worth your points cause they seem like a waste

#11178 1 year ago

I doubt it's approval really, and more to do with what sounds like changes in programmers or moving assets around. There has to be a new game in the works to reveal soon as they are at the end of Halloween and UM's run. The small TNA rerelease feels like a stop gap while they try to get the next game ready. It's a business and they need to have something on the line to produce and sell so it's clearly just guessing, but feels like they are perhaps all hands on deck with trying to get the new game ready for reveal/launch. I wouldn't be surprised if resources got shifted and delayed Halloween code.

Hope it's soon cause this is getting annoying, almost 4months now for new code?

#11198 1 year ago

We are so close to greatness, the code just needs that polish to come through.

#11212 1 year ago

Yesss to updated video assets. Wonder if same can be done to some of the audio like the Loomis call outs where you can hear the cut in and outs

#11216 1 year ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

He has actually "programmed" quite a few - those virtual tables don't just run magically, it requires scripting and slamtilt has made some fun games with pretty decent rulesets by himself.
Now, the real question is: "how many de novo environments/or frameworks has he created to develop pinball game code on" - because this pinotaur board and custom Linux OS is unique to spooky. Much like MPF is a labor of love and that low level deep stuff that makes everything work from the higher level stuff is just tedium and very difficult in my book.

Virtual tables is not the real thing still. What works in virtual, doesn't always work the same way in practical physical tables. Double the amount of testing and trial and error takes place when programming code and it's interactions with the real deal machines and the integration of getting it all working right. You also don't have to deal with licensor approvals for anything in virtual

#11223 1 year ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

Programming rulesets virtually and irl are exactly the same. The question was how many has slamtilt done and the answer is many.
I use MPF and VPX - I have a full fledged "virtual" table in there right now... hit a button on my cnc, sand, epoxy inserts, sand, laser cut my guides and ramps, attach everything to FAST hardware and whammo the real deal physical machine works just like it did virtually (the programming/rulesets/art/music all integrated seamlessly virtual and irl). Oversimplification but yeah 100% of the rulesets created by code in virtual work in real life too.
To be clear, I took a real table, made it virtual, then made it real again. NBXr.

No matter how much money is spent on a virtual pin, it often will not properly replicate the real deal thing. Physics, the tactile nature of the installed flippers, slings, everything are variables unique to the hardware build and a virtual environment plays in a fantasy realm of how "this is how it works", when in reality it often doesn't. Even good recreations in the virtual space, just don't nail the real nature of a physical pin.

That scoop in virtual? Yep that's not how it feels or works in real world. The sling shot power? Not how it really is. The bounce off those posts, the hits of those drops, things that are all tactile and would require lots of back and forth testing to even get close to correct on a specific physical specimen. Create something in virtual rule set, sure, it's how many do it, but doesn't also mean it's easy or as simple as that.

#11252 1 year ago

I want to kill more than turkey this Thanksgiving..... I want to kill some new code

#11255 1 year ago

Do we say a game is "done" when they claim 1.0+ in code, or till all noted features are in? Game is still missing the final wizard mode that is on the playfield

#11279 1 year ago
Quoted from DodgeThatOne:

Dumb question, is there a way to lower the power for the flippers. I went in the menu and did not see the option, I got a lot of airballs and wanted to tone it down a little.
Thanks a lot,
Chris

I don't know if turning down power would be ideal with how difficult that center ramp can be to get up, it feels like we need the power to get the ball up there consistently

#11281 1 year ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

Did I see somewhere there was some kind of score multiplier in place for the modes? Like you get extra 10%, 15% etc on the next mode once you've completed some?

According to the rulesheet, there is score multipliers for completing pumpkin modes, but theres things on the flowchart that don't seem to work or the game doesn't really let us know if they are working as intended right now: https://www.spookypinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/11/HWN_rules_flowchart-1.gif

Like the double scoring when you release the locked Judith ball, can't tell if that works

#11286 1 year ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

When I got mine I noticed the left lifter flap was raised slightly, sometimes flat and sometimes raised.
Just went to play and noticed the flap is raised quite a bit, no way to adjust anything to rectify. Looks like when the ball drops from the ramp it has been causing the flap to bend. Anyone else had this issue?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Loosen the posts where the flap is connected too and it should fall flat. Keep it pressed down gently with your finger and tighten the post nuts again while it is flat. That has fixed it for many folks.

#11376 1 year ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

What's 3D printed besides some/most of the ball lifter parts?
RM

The thing that the Michaels sit on, on the servos are 3D printed, and the hinge mechanism of the topper. Those are it besides the subway lifters that I see

#11402 1 year ago

Can't wait to see whats new

#11421 1 year ago
Quoted from riggy469:

Has there been any mention of what is in the upcoming code update?

From what's been said before, so likely in the new update, is updated video assets to be better quality. Some new video clips being added apparently. Also new animations being added and replacing some of the original "outdated" looking animation. The final wizard mode is maybe coming here, it's been teased before and still missing so this might be when we finally see it. They also had talked about new gameplay attached to the Judith Myers target.

#11428 1 year ago

Yea never saw anything about new Sanitarium functions

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Decals
Cento Creations
Decals
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
916 posts in this topic match your search for posts by panzerkraken. You are on page 1 of 4.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider panzerkraken.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-threadhes-coming-home?tu=panzerkraken and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.