Cbl9jGwUcAEkjQk (resized).jpg
IMG_2793 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2800 (resized).jpeg
20240405_232130 (resized).JPG
IMG_1506 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3494 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

15 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #2369 Upper playfield adjustment video. Posted by lpeters82 (2 years ago)

Post #3112 Upper playfield adjustment video Posted by spandol (2 years ago)

Post #3319 TECH: DISPLAY. LCD settings so blacks look better. Posted by manadams (2 years ago)

Post #3394 Stock LCD Display - alternate settings Posted by Mad_Dog_Coin_Op (2 years ago)

Post #4163 How to square a cabinet. Posted by rotordave (2 years ago)

Post #4472 Please Read - re order numbers and order of manufacture. Posted by rotordave (2 years ago)

Post #5620 Porting the cabinet to stop bass rattle Posted by rotordave (1 year ago)

Post #5659 Mudflaps Custom Cards #1 Posted by Mudflaps (1 year ago)

Post #5776 Mudflaps Apron Card bonanza! Posted by Mudflaps (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider waletboy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10460 1 year ago

The people with the BSE editions are you happy with the quality? I more I read up it seems the BSE won't have the powder coating issues as the CE editions and in my opinion the black looks better! Still waiting on delivery on # 1221 BSE!

#10489 1 year ago
Quoted from finnflash:

I have a BSE and think the quality is great! I actually went with BSE because I liked the powder better on it, and dont think there will be any issues.

What number was yours?

#10607 1 year ago

Why are some standards being delivered before BSE editions?

#10681 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

This is what happens when owners leave reviews on pinside. Alien just shot up from #48 to #1. How did it jump so fast? The LV ratings finally crossed the threshold to be considered. Halloween Blood Sucker and Standard each need about 17 reviews in order to be rolled into the ratings. Once that happens…you’re gonna see Halloween in the top ten. Maybe even at number one for awhile. Potential buyers will re consider the title, more buyers will be looking for it, there will be less for sale and the prices will level out or surpass the original price. There is no reason that HWN should be high in the sixties. So, If you haven’t reviewed all models please do. For Spooky, the owners and mostly for the pinheads who won’t consider ownership it because it’s “poorly rated” and will be harder for them sell down the line. These people do exist believe it or not and there’s a lot of them.
[quoted image]

Totally agree! I will rate my BSE as soon as I get it! Everyone please do the same with your machines!

#10861 1 year ago

Just got shipment details on #1221! Looking forward to getting this setup!

#10975 1 year ago
Quoted from Var1AbL3:

You can use a tool on all Linux based systems called DD. Mac, PC. &Linux systems will have it or can have it easily added to command prompt. Just Google the specific commands to type, but basically you'll just mount both drives and DD copy one to the other. Will take like an hour and boom you have two.
I'm very interested in your success setting it up with a much more reliable drive. Assuming all goes well I'm getting a samsung SSD and using the original as a backup.

I'd be interested if this works too!

#11040 1 year ago

Next destination is my house. Nice to have a friend who works at the shipping terminal down the street from me.

577E7D81-FC98-4B45-9668-0CA2FB7F135B (resized).jpeg577E7D81-FC98-4B45-9668-0CA2FB7F135B (resized).jpeg
#11050 1 year ago

He’s home!

650F5865-BCC1-4E2C-8DE8-1A9535EFC6A3 (resized).jpeg650F5865-BCC1-4E2C-8DE8-1A9535EFC6A3 (resized).jpeg
#11070 1 year ago
Quoted from JesseJames23:

Congrats! Now spray them with Spraymax 2k and be done.

I just got the BSE should I do the same on those rails too?

#11136 1 year ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

Ok I went out today to buy a cheap sata SSD to try the other HDD interface on the mini PC. I re-imaged this new drive and re-jigged the boot options on the mini pc... and... would you freaking believe IT WORKED!
I'm not sure if this config is recommended or supported so I still eagerly await a new 100% working PC from Spooky. But in the meantime thank you so much to Var1AbL3 and Godzilla you guys are part of the reason this pinside community is so damn invaluable.
[quoted image]

What did you use to re-imaged the drive? Any pictures?

#11169 1 year ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

Shaker is close to amp so you need splitters like this, then whatever lead you need to your external sub.[quoted image]

Played my machine and very happy with the build quality of the machine. There are a couple things I want to adjust, and one is the sub. I am trying these spacers to see if it will get the speaker off the mesh on the subwoofer.

https://www.amazon.com/Subwoofer-Speaker-Spacers-Extender-Extending/dp/B077QYL8K3/ref=sr_1_1

#11202 1 year ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

We'll have an update coming, plus additional updates in the future. Obviously this update is taking a lot longer then expected, which is disappointing and frustrating for everyone. On a positive note, I literally just finished compressing some new video assets. We've also be recompressing the original videos to optimize the video quality on the displays.

This is great news! Thanks!

1 week later
#11334 1 year ago

I’ve had my machine for a few weeks now and no issues. I have #1221 and upgraded to the blood sucker edition. The power coating on the BSE looks better than the CE gold and I don’t think I’ll have the flaking issues with it. I guess I’m fortunate to be on the end of the production and have most bugs fixed. I do feel bad for the people with the early run machines. Any changes along the way should be sent to early run machines so everyone is using the same hardware.

#11389 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyBug:

That had to be a record for fastest upload to pinside from Facebook!
Really excited for you guys to see the new code. Anyone in the Cincinnati area come hang out with us at Pincinnati!!

Any hints on the new code????

#11425 1 year ago

Has anyone done anything for protection in the shooter lane? I’m just worried over time it will damage the wooden rail. Williams games have a metal plate there. Did anyone add one to their machine and if so how is it working out?

#11435 1 year ago

Does everyone think the demand for this machine will go up once this new code hits this Thursday? This is my first new box machine and may never let it go. I wonder if this will drive the price up a bit.

#11445 1 year ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Said may never...Most of us run out of space and have to move machines to get new ones.

I’m in that boat too. Never thought I’d sell my Bride of Pinbot but I did to get Halloween. Could do the same down the road.

#11464 1 year ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

The sub surround sits on the grill/cab so you need to fit a spacer to make it work properly, then you will get some air movement and better bass.

I’d like to add spacers too to my sub. What did you use and do you have pictures?

#11471 1 year ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

12mm or 1/2” mdf spacer bought from eBay UK and longer bolts needed to use the existing t-nuts.
[quoted image]

Thank you I will try this out!

#11479 1 year ago

Hoping to be on the live broadcast tomorrow and one of my questions is are we still going to see another year of code support on Halloween.

#11517 1 year ago
Quoted from Testabriel:

still no code...

I could have been playing half the day already. Really sucks!

#11590 1 year ago

Here we go!

D535F9EE-0BEC-4109-A57B-67C7E8C6B859 (resized).jpegD535F9EE-0BEC-4109-A57B-67C7E8C6B859 (resized).jpeg
#11594 1 year ago

Tried update but still says 1.08a code.

#11602 1 year ago

File is bigger now downloading and will try again!

#11604 1 year ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

how much bigger, mine says 818mb

Same

#11606 1 year ago

Round 2…..

1CCF6220-EF3F-4F98-B483-1F34B5E08907 (resized).jpeg1CCF6220-EF3F-4F98-B483-1F34B5E08907 (resized).jpeg
#11607 1 year ago

1.09 installed!

D485EC75-0BF4-48A7-AF79-82A7E1F507EF (resized).jpegD485EC75-0BF4-48A7-AF79-82A7E1F507EF (resized).jpeg
#11611 1 year ago

Here you go!

3A23B6D1-683E-4BA9-8E12-B4EBEC83E1FA (resized).jpeg3A23B6D1-683E-4BA9-8E12-B4EBEC83E1FA (resized).jpeg
#11618 1 year ago

I used USB by coin door no issues! New code is awesome!

#11633 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

Ok put some games in, so far, not a massive change it feels, but lot of little things.
- The new movie clips are very nice, all the clips are better quality, better colors and brighter even. Bunch of new clips in many of the modes.
- New animations added here and there, good stuff
- Ball Save animation is fantastic
Cons still lingering for me:
- Lot of the old animations and such are low quality, like the game over animation is really rough, and when you load into Jack O lantern mode select, it's pixelated blurry mess on loading, that hasn't changed.
- No audio level changes, Loomis sound clips are all over the place in audio levels and background distortion, this still is something that annoys.
- Sanitarium got worse? Maybe I forgot but now even with stacked modes you get nothing visible while Sanitarium is on. The game is playing clips in the background, you hear the audio, but there is no video. For example getting balcony on Bob and Linda, you get the audio for the nail file scene, but Sanitarium mode animation remains.
- Sanitarium mode animation untouched: this is the worst thing in the game, it needs to go.

Noticed the same in the Bob and Linda mode. Heard the mail file but no video when in stacked mode.

#11653 1 year ago

One link is for an update and the other is restore. Only use restore if your machine doesn’t boot at all.

#11654 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

Don’t want to repeat - but what many have summarized is accurate - much better video clips and more of them. Dare I say we have enough right now and I much rather you guys focus on these legacy terrible animations like sanitarium and the mode where she’s stabbing him with knitting needle - wow that stop animation is bad.
Some sound during hedge mb was raised but please please please spooky increase the Halloween theme during it! It’s literally the main theme of the game and it’s not nearly loud enough.
God that ball save is so epic. Def great improvements, if limited but I’m excited to see what’s next. Maybe just the volume for mb can be a quick hot fix?!

Agreed! Main theme song needs to be louder!

#11656 1 year ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

The main update link goes to a .pkg file. The update documentation says if you're using an old board to use the extracted contents of a separate .zip file (which includes a bunch of files and folders) and to not use the .pkg file. I'm hung up on the board thing because they have made it convoluted for me to just update this game. If I'm okay with just using the .pkg file, why does the documentation say something different?

Yes I agree could be explained better! I was just trying to help out!
Thank you for the clarification sans snarky remarks. Would be cool if spooky would clarify that on the webpage, though.

#11743 1 year ago
Quoted from m4tt:

Hi everyone,
Matt, the new Spooky coder here, we wanted to let you all know what will be in the code update today (it will be available in a couple of hours at https://www.spookypinball.com/game-support), lots of work has been done - check the change list below - but also lots more to come. We are all really committed to making this game awesome and the updates will keep on coming.
We've got lots of new movie clips and animations in this one, a new player interface and a stack of improvements, event timing cleanup and user experience tweaks. We've rebuilt the base code so it's more streamlined, got on top of a lot of the bugs (but still a few to squash). If you see any please email me direct (rather than a post) at [email protected], I'd appreciate it.
Changes:
- refreshed new player UI - characters, scores along the bottom, visible at all times
- we now default to the best skillshot - still changeable with the flippers
- hedge lock ball return timing tweaked
- fixed high volume when Michael tilts his head
- new movie clip for Death In The Driver's Seat
- two new movie clips for Escape The Kitchen mode
- change the animation for Hedge mode jackpots
- added sound effects when hitting the center drop targets
- fixed typo in Settings
- center ramp knife doesn't overlap the score
- awarding a credit now for new high score or grand champion
- new ball save animation
- tweaked timings of ball lifters after starting modes
- standard settings now has option to turn shaker off
- standard settings now has option to turn topper off
- two new movie clips for Counting Bodies
- removed black bar from asylum 'Returned" animation
- X's on Jack O'Lantern mode select screen in the right place now
- instructional text now on the left
- no more blood drops from health bars showing when they shouldn't
- hold the start button to restart the game (if higher than ball one or player one)
Still to come:
- more screen tweaks
- more instructional text
- First Kill mode
- Wizard mode
- and of course more bug fixes

If you find issues with the new code email Matt directly! He is great to responding to emails and wants this feedback! He is going to bring Halloween to a new level once everything is said and done! [email protected]

#11807 1 year ago
Quoted from blastbeat:

Did the update and all good. Noticed my lower led strip is out besides the first 3 in the string...hit up spooky or any aftermarket options anybody use?
Thanks!!
[quoted image]

Is the top playfield plastic blocking the LED’s in the picture?

#11810 1 year ago
Quoted from blastbeat:

Yes those are fine up top but yeah camera angle blocking those. Just the bottom field LED strip out (besides first 3 on left)

I see the bottom row now. I’d reach out to Spooky and put your warranty into use!

#11840 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

Is everyone sending emails with the bugs to Spooky? Hopefully they can quash them quickly!

I have and hopefully everyone here Matt prefers direct email to him! [email protected]

#11880 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Sanitarium and House just should not take up AV precedent in a stack. They should have smaller versions of the animations that play over the pumpkin mode AV. They should ONLY take over once the multiball is started. This is really such a simple conclusion to this problem and I’m very surprised that it has not been implemented. Even the bad animation for Sanitarium wouldn’t look so bad if it were running small and in the lower right hand corner.

Have you emailed Matt on the issue?

#11895 1 year ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I'll add it to the quick fix list.

This almost made this update. It's about 90% implemented and will be selectable in the menu. Pending the difficulty you will also be able to reach the sanitarium from the center ramp, which should help with not feeling locked into that multiball qualification.

How quick will updates roll out now?

#11911 1 year ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

Vimtoman’s scoop mod fitted and has improved the take

That works great! I got one in the mail coming my way too! Thanks for the video!

#11941 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

This is a new bug. It should only go off 1 time, as it did previously.

I think they added the second knocker as he is falling back. It is louder than the first one. I think it was done on purpose and like it.

#11962 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

There is only one gunshot in the movie, there should be no second knock. If the second knock is supposed to represent falling back(cant imagine why) then it should not be the louder of the two. Falling back should be a thud if they feel the need to make a sound. Not a second knock.

I thought the first knock is the wire hanger attacking him and the second with him falling back. Just an opinion.

#11995 1 year ago

I just emailed Matt if it's possible when the Don't Fear the Reaper Song is playing if that can be the only audio you hear till you are down to one ball. I really think most people here would love that song just playing without any other call outs and hearing other audio cutting in and out and ruining the moment. At that point you are just jamming trying to hit the balls without losing them. Thoughts?

#12043 1 year ago

Is Matt still responding to emails? I haven’t heard back from last one and only want to send him one if I find a bug.

#12086 1 year ago

Ball trails. I probably have 140 plays on mine and starting to see them. From the factory is playfield rubber or silicone bands? I’m planning on installing Ninja pinballs and give it a good cleaning. If bands are rubber may upgrade to silicone. What are other people seeing and doing?

#12101 1 year ago
Quoted from qbass187:

Like a lot of folks also said, I switch my games to Titans as soon as I get them. I love the look and feel of teh Titan rubbers. So much better than the original black rubber.
Here's a link to the kit I made for my Halloween with pics.
https://www.titanpinball.com/kits/index.php/view/id/2964

Thank you. I plan on getting new Titan rubbers this week and will look at your setup!

#12167 1 year ago

Wasn't there some kind of hardware limitation that caused this that spooky mentioned? That the call outs need to lower the music volume or something like that?

I would love to hear this information as well. That song should be loud!

#12230 1 year ago
Quoted from Jrotten:

I was thinking about getting this game & the Jamaican Ice would look great. My guy puts clear over it also, guess I’m not a fan of the factory gold color.
[quoted image]

I agree with you I don't like to gold. That is why I went with the BSE and love it!

2 weeks later
#12323 1 year ago
Quoted from hawkeyexx:

Finally got around to install my scoop mod from Vimtoman. I purchased two colors and decided to go with the black one. This scoop mod really has helped with the ball rejects I was having from the pumpkin scoop.
[quoted image]

Still waiting for my orange scoop too. I did the same as you bought all orange rubbers from Titan pinball. Waiting for the scoop to come in and then I'll do everything at once.

#12334 1 year ago

Got my orange scoop today and it’s great!

#12347 1 year ago

Spooky pinball: any updates on the next release of the code for Halloween?

2 weeks later
#12539 1 year ago

Can’t wait for the new code update whenever it comes out! I’m sure Matt will do a great job with it!

1 week later
#12678 1 year ago
Quoted from GreenMachine19:

I had left flipper buzz when new. I unplugged the connector at the pinotaur board and re-seated it. My buzz went away.

Mine does the same. Do you remember which connection it is on the board? I am going to try this as well.

2 weeks later
#12878 1 year ago

Any rumors on the actual date of the new code 1.10?

#13022 1 year ago

Just installed the update and its great! Still noticing a small issue in Bob and Linda mode when stacked but this update is awesome! Nice work Matt!

1 month later
#13552 1 year ago
Quoted from John_C:

Coming soon: New ball deflector shields for Halloween and Ultraman. These will be 3/16" thick and will come with new hardware to replace the OEM stuff.[quoted image]

Count me in when they go for sale!

#13584 1 year ago

I have confidence Spooky will get this pin right. I just wish we got more updates on this machine from Spooky. No regrets buying this machine and waiting for the finished product.

#13655 1 year ago

A question, which you can see also at 45min in vid and still happens now when doing the jack o lantern multiball and Dont Fear the Reaper is playing, why does the callout cause the song to like drop out or volume to like go way down as if the song is pausing for the callouts? In the other MB modes and such when the music is playing, the audio plays over the music without interruption, so it's strange of why it works this way during the Don't Fear the Reaper
It's supposedly known, but the missing light show is at 46:15 upon ball drain. In current code the lights begin to flash with the music but seem to stop right away and doesn't play the pf light show

If this can be fixed during don’t fear the reaper multi-ball this would be great!

#13662 1 year ago
Quoted from SketchyMcDuff:

Thanks to those that suggested using a spacer on the subwoofer and to adjust one of the shaker motor weights 90 degrees. Shaker is near perfect for my preference now and the bass from the subwoofer is much clearer. AND no more glass rattle!!! I used this spacer from Amazon Atrend Universal MDF Constructed... amazon.com link »
This pin frickin’ rocks (when it’s behaving )

Any pictures?

#13686 1 year ago
Quoted from SketchyMcDuff:

Sure! The Allen set screw is 3/32 for the shaker weights. They’ve got Loctite on them so it’ll take a little to break free. For the subwoofer I replaced the one inch screws with two inchers and they work great.[quoted image][quoted image]

Just ordered and going to drill holes to port the sub. Thanks!

#13705 1 year ago

Any news on the next code update? Weeks? Month?

2 weeks later
#13872 11 months ago

Add too!

#13898 11 months ago

Just drilled the 2 port holes for the sub and wow what a difference with the playfield glass not rattling. Just had my best game to date! Love this game! While playing definitely had code issues with modes being stacked but I know once we get some updated code hopefully it will bring this game to the top!

IMG_3589 (resized).jpegIMG_3589 (resized).jpegIMG_3590 (resized).jpegIMG_3590 (resized).jpegIMG_3591 (resized).jpegIMG_3591 (resized).jpeg

#13902 11 months ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Now Im torn.. i planned to do this, but my pinhead buddy who played my HOU Halloween with the lights off and the full experience happening, said the rattling glass added to the "scare" and physical/audible feedback. Dunno now ha. Thanks for the pics, ill most likely do this mod anyway. Maybe one hole to see if some of that feedback remains

There is some rattle still in the back glass. I don’t believe the back box has port holes. I am going to investigate and if there is none I may do the same but with smaller holes.

#13904 11 months ago
Quoted from waletboy:

There is some rattle still in the back glass. I don’t believe the back box has port holes. I am going to investigate and if there is none I may do the same but with smaller holes.

Back box is ported on top so scratch that idea.

#13920 11 months ago
Quoted from TimeWarp1:

I've been thinking of drilling holes too, what size did you go with?

2” holes.

#13959 11 months ago
Quoted from ktcoady12:

Hello All- does anyone know where I might be able to buy a new drop target airball protector? THank you

Reach out to Spooky or wait for an improved one being made by someone on this thread.

#13963 11 months ago

Code will get there. We don’t even have the final wizard mode done. Played tonight and still love the game. Just wish code and or updates were more frequent from Spooky but totally understand the whole process. I have faith this machine will be one of the greats at some point.

#13971 11 months ago

Anyone been in communication with Matt lately? Maybe someone can ask him to check in on this thread and give an update?

#13975 11 months ago
Quoted from m4tt:

Super quick update: the bulk of the work for the next updates (HWN & UM) is done, testing and tweaks are under way, and when that's finished, we'll be good to go for release.
Roostking send me that tilt video - [email protected] - and thanks everyone for your ongoing support.

Awesome! Thanks for posting on the thread and looking forward to the code!

#14031 11 months ago

Just received my Pop Eliminator from here. Hope to install this weekend and give an update on how well it works.

IMG_3629 (resized).pngIMG_3629 (resized).png
#14045 11 months ago
Quoted from Oneinchbiceps:

I put a spacer on the sub that was mention in some posts back of this thread. It seemed to help a lot with the glass. Now I need to figure out something for the speakers in the back box to stop the rattle. It's starting to drive me nuts.

I am looking for a solution to this too.

#14050 11 months ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Question though - How does a 10-15mm spacer move more air?
All it’s doing is lifting the speaker off the cabinet bottom.
Yes - it could let the speaker cone move some more - maybe - but that speaker is way underdriven by that amp. It it was 100w RMS then sure - but that thing is probably 10W RMS (actual real power - not “tell the boys at the pub” power …)
I think at best a spacer is just providing some separation from the cabinet bottom - which could provide some separation from the speaker movement.
The proof is in the pudding - Scooby Doo has exactly the same audio system, but they have added 2x port holes - and the problem is solved. No rattle at all.
rd

I’m very happy with the two holes I drilled in mine. Eventually I’ll get some mesh to cover the holes to make it look like factory. I wonder if Spooky would send me some.

#14053 11 months ago

Drilled the two port holes in the bottom for the shaker. Improvement, still getting some rattle though which I think is from the back box as others mentioned.
It's definitely less severe rattle though.

This is what I mentioned too. I’m happy with the results of the two holes.

#14060 11 months ago

I know they are testing new code right now. Anyone here when they may release it?

#14104 11 months ago

They should award us for finding it

Never noticed this. Will check it tonight.

#14128 11 months ago

Alright, this is the week right?

Let’s hope so! I played a few games tonight and still love this machine!

#14129 11 months ago

I was just reading the Scooby Doo forum and it seems they are having some quality issues at this time. I wonder how much time it gives them to test the new code before they do an official release? It seems like resources could be stretched out right now.

1 week later
#14278 10 months ago
Quoted from timtim:

I really miss the end of ball light show, can’t wait to have that back.

I miss the light show too.

#14305 10 months ago

Waiting for code…..

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#14316 10 months ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

Snap![quoted image]

Love it! Great pair!

#14317 10 months ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Nice photo. I thought only the CE had the pumpkin cutouts?

You are correct. There was someone at one point making the pumpkin speaker panels for the other models. It was the one thing I wanted to add to my BSE and I prefer the black coating on the machine than the gold.

#14369 10 months ago
Quoted from manadams:

You'll see bug fixes and tweaks to the code but not any major changes to the rules. Game just might not be your cup of tea and that's fine, people swooning over Foo Fighters currently but had it for two weeks and it was enough for me.

Love my Halloween and it is not going anywhere. I also have Foo Fighters Pro pre ordered and my last machine is Pin Bot. If I ever had to move one down the road it will be Foo Fighters.

#14482 10 months ago

Code next weekend!

IMG_3722 (resized).pngIMG_3722 (resized).png
#14498 10 months ago

Personally my issue with the standard is that there is no decals at all on the targets, it's very bare bones and looks too plain.

Love my BSE model.

1 week later
#14704 10 months ago

In future code if they were to add an attract mode it be cool to be the the opening credits of the movie with the pumpkin and the the theme song playing.

#14880 10 months ago
Quoted from SLRage:

So I have an honest question for us owners. Of all the games in your collection, which game gets the most playtime?
For me it’s Halloween but I’m curious how it ranks with y’all?

I have Pin Bot, Halloween, and Foo Fighters Pro being delivered soon. Halloween is being played more than Pin Bot but Pin Bot got me into pinball as a kid and will always be my favorite!

#14895 10 months ago

With a future code update coming if I dial in all my sound settings to my liking will it reset to default settings with the new code? If so I’ll need to take pictures of the settings so I don’t have to do it all over again.

#14918 9 months ago

Finally messed around with the sounds settings and wow what a difference! Just need to figure out what the best settings are for the menu and the amp. If anyone would like to share their settings I’d be happy to try them out! I like my setup to be on the louder side.

1 week later
#14996 9 months ago

Any thoughts when we will see the next update? Sounded like it was going to come out pretty quick than past releases.

#15001 9 months ago
Quoted from ActionDirk:

It will be most likely only Bugfixes though. So i dont expect any major improvements on the ruleset. Be aware.

I’m aware it will only be a big fix.

#15041 9 months ago

Just installed the update, played a few games, and it is awesome!!!! Thanks m4tt for all your hard work! All the little bugs are fixed, and finally it feels like where the game should be! Excited to know there is still more to come too! Great job Spooky!

#15085 9 months ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Glad everyone is enjoying the most recent updates. This week we'll be starting on adding some new features to both Halloween and Ultraman.

Attract mode!!!!! m4tt lpeters82

#15089 9 months ago
Quoted from Geeterman1:

I emailed Matt about this last week and he said it’s coming in the next update.

Awesome! Looking forward to seeing what that will look like!

#15176 9 months ago

Just put in a spacer as suggested by someone here. Port holes were already done in the past. My audio was fine but I ended up buying a better audio cable going from the amp to the computer. Happy with the results!

IMG_3930 (resized).jpegIMG_3930 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#15245 9 months ago

Looking forward to what the attract mode will be with future code. The opening credits with the pumpkin would be awesome! There could be two settings a shorter version for on location and a longer one for home use!

1 week later
#15316 8 months ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

Is this on the early builds with open style pc’s?
I know some of the enclosed type pc’s had issues with booting but were not getting hot as far as I know.

I believe the PC ones have a fan in it.

1 week later
#15372 8 months ago

Does anyone have a timeframe for our next code update? Looking forward to the attract mode.

2 weeks later
#15456 8 months ago

New code!?

IMG_4089 (resized).pngIMG_4089 (resized).png
3 weeks later
#15701 7 months ago

Just installed code and love the new sound effect on the left and right orbits! Will the flashing pumpkin return when you make the scoop shot and makes the famous sound like in the beginning of the movie by the porch?

#15704 7 months ago
Quoted from finnflash:

OK, I shot the scoop to pick a mode, and all the options disappeared until you hit a flipper. Anyone else have this? I only played 1 game and that was the only time I was asked to pick a mode.

This happened to me too but it only did it once and never again. I played 3 games.

2 weeks later
#15868 6 months ago

We going to see a small code update before the big one on Halloween day?

3 weeks later
#16032 6 months ago

Wife and I played Halloween last night and love this game and time of year! Looking forward to the code update next Tuesday!

#16135 5 months ago
Quoted from JesseJames23:

Anyone having a reset issue now? Mine reset after sitting idle for a bit

Mine has been on for over two hours playing the attract mode every minute and no issues. The Night He Came Home is fun, but I'll probably never reach it playing.

1 week later
#16299 5 months ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

I am #376 but I pushed my order back so it was near the end of the run. I have only had to raise the playfield a few times in over a year and that was just to adjust the springs on the drops. Two of my servos took a crap but I am too lazy to change them right now. It has been extremely reliable.

What did you do to adjust the springs? New ones? I have times when the drop targets do not go down when hit and it is the only issue I have had with mine. Solid machine!

1 month later
#16475 3 months ago

Finally had a Micheal servo die. Guess it’s time to change all of them out. Bought new transparent orange flipper buttons with springs in them so at the same time will be changing those too.

#16477 3 months ago
Quoted from beltking:

How many plays?

485 plays. Not sure where that places me.

#16480 3 months ago

Did some maintenance work on Halloween today. One Micheal servo died so changed all of them to the metal ones. Installed some orange flipper buttons. Took apart the drop target mechanism. My issue was they were not dropping all the time. Took it apart, cleaned it up and sprayed teflon dry lube on the targets and now they work great no issues when the ball hits the target.

IMG_4574 (resized).jpegIMG_4574 (resized).jpegIMG_4575 (resized).jpegIMG_4575 (resized).jpegIMG_4576 (resized).jpegIMG_4576 (resized).jpegIMG_4577 (resized).jpegIMG_4577 (resized).jpeg
#16482 3 months ago

Has anyone ever had their auto launcher fire again right after a ball save? I never noticed it before and just started happening tonight. The switch in the lane seems fine and registers when it is hit.

#16506 3 months ago

I saw in the Ultraman forum that their code update will be coming out soon and possibly a small code update for Halloween. Is this still true @lpeters82?

#16516 3 months ago

Has anyone tried upgrading the amp or speakers? I’m thinking about the amp someone suggested in another forum. It has better speaker connections on the amp. I know the sub is 4 ohm but not sure of the specs of the backbox speakers. The amp upgrade is 4 ohm. Anyone have any thoughts? https://www.parts-express.com/Dayton-Audio-DTA-2.1BT2-100W-2.1-Class-D-Bluetooth-Amplifier-with-Sub-Frequency-Adjustment-300-3831

#16520 3 months ago
Quoted from metallik:

The speakers and amp that come in HWN are plenty good enough for a pinball machine. Run an audio cable separate from the harness to eliminate noise and adjust the HDMI audio out along with the amp settings and you can achieve excellent audio quality.

I did run a new audio cable and I'm happy with the results.

#16521 3 months ago
Quoted from John_C:I replaced the stock amplifier in my machine with something a bit nicer. The stock amplifier uses cheap-ass spring clips for the speaker connections and I would periodically lose a speaker connection due to vibration.
I replaced the amplifier with a more-powerful 2.1 class-D amp (https://a.co/d/4JwwfbE). The audio is much improved and I have better range of control over the settings. And check out those speaker connections!
I'm very happy with the upgrade and for the cost I highly recommend it.
[quoted image]

That is my biggest complaint is the cheap spring connectors. The amp you are showing is much cheaper than the one I was looking at. Is the back box speakers 4 ohm also? I may give the amp a try that you posted for the cost and love that it has screw on connectors.

#16523 3 months ago
Quoted from John_C:

I do not know the specs of the backbaox speakers. But since the amp is rated to run either 4-ohm or 8-ohm, I figured it was safe to use.

Did the amp come with a power supply or are you reusing the power supply from the old amp? I see the new amp is rated 12 or 24 volt and was wondering what voltage you were using?

#16525 3 months ago
Quoted from John_C:

I'm using the 12-volt power supply that came with the machine. It works perfectly and plugs right in.
In addition to changing the amplifier, you'll need to change the input cable (which runs from the back box): https://a.co/d/1hYN5ZX

I see the different cable now thank you! For the price it's worth trying out!

#16527 3 months ago
Quoted from John_C:

I replaced the stock amplifier in my machine with something a bit nicer. The stock amplifier uses cheap-ass spring clips for the speaker connections and I would periodically lose a speaker connection due to vibration.
I replaced the amplifier with a more-powerful 2.1 class-D amp (https://a.co/d/4JwwfbE). The audio is much improved and I have better range of control over the settings. And check out those speaker connections!
[quoted image]

I am going to buy the amp today and give it a try. Are you still running the stock speakers with no issues?

#16531 3 months ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I have the larger version of that amp in my latest homebrew pin. My one is 160+160+220w from memory.
It requires a larger power supply - I run the 36v supply that they offer.
I have run it with the Spooky setup. It has a lot more headroom, as you would expect. At extremely loud volumes, there’s a lot less distortion present in the headbox speakers.
BUT honestly, unless you’re trying to get permanent hearing damage (I already have that …) then the stock Spooky amp is more than adequate for 99.9% of owners.
rd

I appreciate your feedback. Doing it mostly for better speaker terminals and better dial in settings. The other amp sounded fine and plenty loud but this will be an upgrade.

#16533 3 months ago
Quoted from John_C:

I replaced the stock amplifier in my machine with something a bit nicer. The stock amplifier uses cheap-ass spring clips for the speaker connections and I would periodically lose a speaker connection due to vibration.
[quoted image]

Got the amp and noticed it doesn’t have the clips to hold the amp in place. Where did you get those? I’d like to do the same setup in mine.

#16537 3 months ago
Quoted from John_C:

Hi folks,
Just posting this for those owners who have acquired their machines recently and may have broken or cracked ball deflector shields.
Replace that flimsy, cracked, or broken ball deflector shield with this redesigned, heavy-duty version. For all Spooky Halloween and Ultraman machines, these new deflector shields are machine cut from 3/16-inch thick polycarbonate. They will not vibrate, bounce, or break due to ball impacts. Included are detailed instructions and new posts to replace the existing posts under the left side of the shield.
I have 23 of these shield kits left and that will be it.
Here is a link to my ad: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/164797
Contact me via PM for further details. Thanks!
[quoted image]

I have his kit and it is worth it! HEAVY DUTY! I have not installed it yet since I bought it because original is still intact. Buy it for a spare like we do already with the Micheal servos both will fail in due time!

#16553 3 months ago
Quoted from finnflash:

So how is the arm that Michael is on removed from the old servo and put on the new?

There is a screw on top of the servo. Unscrew and take off and put back on the new one.

#16572 3 months ago
Quoted from hawkeyexx:

Please share photos when you have it installed.

I installed the new amp today. It is definitely an upgrade with the better speaker terminals and more power. I have already done the two vent holes and the speaker ring too. Now I just have to dial in the settings. The amp is loud and really can push the cabinet speaker. I don’t have it secured down yet but I don’t feel it is going to move anywhere. I’m happy with the results, just need to find the best sound settings for the amp.

IMG_4618 (resized).jpegIMG_4618 (resized).jpegIMG_4619 (resized).jpegIMG_4619 (resized).jpegIMG_4620 (resized).jpegIMG_4620 (resized).jpeg

#16586 86 days ago
Quoted from craigolof18:

Added the knife to my BSE today. When the glass was off you could see my Michael animatronic in the reflection but unfortunately not when the glass is on.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Where did you get the knife?

#16594 82 days ago

Has anyone ever tried using the coil test for the shaker in the settings menu? I tried it and the shaker is not working, and I don't think it is working in game either.

#16595 82 days ago
Quoted from waletboy:

Has anyone ever tried using the coil test for the shaker in the settings menu? I tried it and the shaker is not working, and I don't think it is working in game either.

Blown fuse on the shaker motor board. I will replace and hopefully it doesn't blow again.

#16623 76 days ago

Ultraman code 1.15 was released. Maybe we will see an update soon for Halloween

2 weeks later
#16667 62 days ago

I just wanted to thank everyone at Spooky Pinball for their excellent customer service! I had an issue with my shaker motor and contacted AJ. He was able to send out the necessary parts to get it working again! Best pinball company out there in my opinion! Thanks again to the whole team at Spooky!

#16679 58 days ago

When does everyone think we will see code 1.15?

1 week later
#16800 46 days ago

I'm selling my Spooky Pop Eliminator if anyone is interested, make an offer!

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/173590

#16805 42 days ago

Maybe we see a code update soon? I heard Matt is visiting this week so maybe some hope?

#16829 38 days ago
Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

Hello all
While I was underneath the playfield replacing my lower LED strip, I accidentally dropped my screwdriver, and it got snagged on the amplifier wires and a couple came out
I am unsure as to the location to put them back in
If anyone has an opportunity to take a couple close-up photos, that would be most helpful
Lights are fixed lol
Now I have no sound DOH !!

IMG_3837 (resized).jpegIMG_3837 (resized).jpegIMG_3838 (resized).jpegIMG_3838 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#16863 29 days ago
Quoted from m4tt:

Hey everyone, yeah it’s been a super-crazy last few weeks, was really great to meet so many of you at TPF, the positivity and support from everyone still blows my mind.
RE: dirty pool shot, I think that’s all cleared up now? Super lucrative if you can get a few of them in a row - my record is 5, when the vanity awards go in, that’ll be one for sure, can’t wait to see how many more you guys are gonna get. Even setting it up by just having the middle target down gets the adrenaline going. So yeah, go for it as many times as you can, if you get one of the side targets down, then next shot up the center will start and divert into House (we didn’t want to start it earlier or Laurie’s health would be running down while you were looping dirty pools).
We ran the latest beta code all show at TPF and it was great, we still want to test just a few more things that we added in recently to make sure it’s rock solid, then we’ll get this next version out to you all.
Thanks again!

I wonder when we will see the new code? I always love to see what they are doing for us next!

2 weeks later
#16891 12 days ago

They said it was coming soon so we will see.

#16908 10 days ago

Great game! Theme alone is a keeper for me. I like that this shoots differently than most games and is perfect for a home environment with the lights off and volume up!

#16925 6 days ago
Quoted from m4tt:

Hey everyone, yeah it’s been a super-crazy last few weeks, was really great to meet so many of you at TPF, the positivity and support from everyone still blows my mind.
RE: dirty pool shot, I think that’s all cleared up now? Super lucrative if you can get a few of them in a row - my record is 5, when the vanity awards go in, that’ll be one for sure, can’t wait to see how many more you guys are gonna get. Even setting it up by just having the middle target down gets the adrenaline going. So yeah, go for it as many times as you can, if you get one of the side targets down, then next shot up the center will start and divert into House (we didn’t want to start it earlier or Laurie’s health would be running down while you were looping dirty pools).
We ran the latest beta code all show at TPF and it was great, we still want to test just a few more things that we added in recently to make sure it’s rock solid, then we’ll get this next version out to you all.
Thanks again!

Any news on when we will see the code update or is there still issues with the beta code?

#16942 47 hours ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

Yes, the miniPC in the head takes this type of battery:
3V CR2032 CMOS Battery with Wire Leads and MOLEX Connector
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0C58GLVF9/
I know Bug posted a video on how and when to change them but I cant find it.
[quoted image]

Don’t need 10 for $9 lol.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Woodinville, WA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

$ 49.99
Trade
Machine - For Trade
O'fallon, MO
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Charlotte, NC
$ 63.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Monson, MA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider waletboy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-threadhes-coming-home?tu=waletboy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.