• L3 11 votes
    3%
  • L5 120 votes
    34%
  • P7 9 votes
    3%
  • C-C 7 votes
    2%

(Multiple choice - 348 votes by 346 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

shooter repair4 (resized).jpg
shooter repair3 (resized).jpg
Shooter repair2a (resized).png
Shooter repair1 (resized).jpg
Disappearing post fix4 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix3 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix2 (resized).jpeg
Disappearing post fix1 (resized).jpeg
HSIIclear (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
Shooter rod (resized).jpg
DSC06633 (resized).JPG
ezgif.com-video-to-gif-converter.gif
PXL_20240408_220306294 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240408_220311370 (resized).jpg
There are 13,821 posts in this topic. You are on page 152 of 277.
#7551 6 years ago

Argh, I accidently ignored a post. How do I "unignore" it?

Never mind,figured it out.

#7552 6 years ago

Hi MJW

I just had the idea come to me a few restores ago on Monster Bash, Champion Pub White Water and now Getaway.
I never knew anyone else did it actually.

Sort of jazzes it up a bit and matches each side then.
I use old mirror bladed or side rails, cut with a kerf blade on a grinder and polish up as best I can.

I don't worry about under plastics and use a lot of different types of leds including strips to high light areas I like.

I have also been making my own replacement wood rails out of Tas Oak and finish them in gloss black. You still see the grain but you get a lovely reflective sheen.

#7553 6 years ago

I use chrome vinyl decal to give the same effect under plastics. Works really, really, well.

#7554 6 years ago
Quoted from tilted81:

I use chrome vinyl decal to give the same effect under plastics. Works really, really, well.

Yup that works too.

#7555 6 years ago
Quoted from Crafty:

Yep, but I went all out and painted it.
Made perfect sense to me as in Australia all our Traffic Lights are black

I also went with the black traffic light. Different reasons than yourself .

#7556 6 years ago

Love the traffic light black. I actually want to make a slightly smaller Australian style version... still working on it though.

#7557 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

That looks great! I've seen a few black traffic light housing here in the states, but usually in small towns for some reason (also, when I see them they are usually mounted horizontally instead of vertically).
Also, like your themed ball lock cover. What does the sign say?

Caution Speed Trap Ahead.

Colours match much better in person. Photo's make it washed out.

#7558 6 years ago

I'm running into a strange issue with a friend's Getaway at TPF- Some of the orbit switches are causing opto 1 to activate. Specifically the bottom three switches in column 1 of the switch matrix- "Right Freeway Top", "Right Freeway Bottom", and "Left Freeway Top". I haven't found any obvious shorts or diode issues under the playfield. Anyone else run into this before?

#7559 6 years ago

Got my Getaway last night and tore down the topside today... PF is pretty nice but my plastics are looking kinda rough... bad yellowing, some warps and a couple breaks. Anyone have an extra plastics set they'd part with?

#7560 6 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Got my Getaway last night and tore down the topside today... PF is pretty nice but my plastics are looking kinda rough... bad yellowing, some warps and a couple breaks. Anyone have an extra plastics set they'd part with?

I do have almost 2 complete sets of 2nd hand plastics, from memory there is a few missing from 1 set. Quite a few have warping so may not be in any better condition to what you have. Any particular ones' that you need?

#7561 6 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Quoted from Mancave:

I do have almost 2 complete sets of 2nd hand plastics, from memory there is a few missing from 1 set. Quite a few have warping so may not be in any better condition to what you have. Any particular ones' that you need?

Plus there are 2 set listed in the market, one is a new CPR set and the other one is a used set but I don't know how that compares to what you have now.

#7562 6 years ago
Quoted from Crafty:

Yep, but I went all out and painted it.
Made perfect sense to me as in Australia all our Traffic Lights are black

DSCN4435 (resized).JPG

Right on. The yellow casing also bothered me. If not for being yellow. Then the fact it is semi-transparent.

Had some ideas for it. But well, sold my Getaway.

#7563 6 years ago

Does anyone have a Translite for sale?

#7564 6 years ago
Quoted from falconfan63:

Does anyone have a Translite for sale?

MJW had one available a few months ago, so try PM’ing him about it.

#7565 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Will do and thanks!

#7566 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Yea, I Sent him a PM that Odin bought mine not long ago. It was the original design. Thanks for looking out. ... I have a alternate left but nobody wants that. Lol.

I started a tech help thread if anyone is willing to help. Title is getaway supercharger problem ,please help. Keeps blowing fuse 103 ... I have a circuit breaker and I've made some progress but none I'm stuck. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

#7567 6 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

Yea, I Sent him a PM that Odin bought mine not long ago. It was the original design. Thanks for looking out. ... I have a alternate left but nobody wants that. Lol.
I started a tech help thread if anyone is willing to help. Title is "getaway supercharger problem ,please help". Keeps blowing fuse 103 ... I have a circuit breaker and I've made some progress but now I'm stuck. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

#7568 6 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

I started a tech help thread if anyone is willing to help. Title is getaway supercharger problem ,please help. Keeps blowing fuse 103 ... I have a circuit breaker and I've made some progress but none I'm stuck. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

When I first bought mine it was blowing fuses like crazy. I can't remember what my resolution was but I can look back through the thread to see if I posted. On my way to TPF for the day for some great father-son time! Hope to see some you there.

#7569 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

When I first bought mine it was blowing fuses like crazy. I can't remember what my resolution was but I can look back through the thread to see if I posted. On my way to TPF for the day for some great father-son time! Hope to see some you there.

Thanks Mr Tantrum. Have a good time. That show is too far for me . Going to the Ohio one and VFW in Michigan this year.

#7570 6 years ago

HI guys. Got a bit over zealous and broke my ramp pin. The long one. Ordered the right number part and the shorter version showed. Is this ok?

20180321_063837 (resized).jpg20180321_063837 (resized).jpg

#7571 6 years ago
Quoted from KJS:

HI guys. Got a bit over zealous and broke my ramp pin. The long one. Ordered the right number part and the shorter version showed. Is this ok?

That's a bummer.

I'm not sure what one you're talking about but some posts are very specific, my guess is that part will not work.

Where did you buy the post?

Please list the part number ypu wanted.

#7572 6 years ago

This is where I got it which lists as Getaway lift ramp pin

http://www.pinballspareparts.com.au/02-4268.html

I think the old one was 02-4590 but that comes up as bumper post at marco.

Not shown in manual where I can see under part 2-29 ??

#7573 6 years ago
Quoted from Mike_M:

I'm running into a strange issue with a friend's Getaway at TPF- Some of the orbit switches are causing opto 1 to activate. Specifically the bottom three switches in column 1 of the switch matrix- "Right Freeway Top", "Right Freeway Bottom", and "Left Freeway Top". I haven't found any obvious shorts or diode issues under the playfield. Anyone else run into this before?

Turns out the cause was simply a bad transmitter on opto 1 in the supercharger.

#7574 6 years ago

I bought a couple of cheap slot car lambos on ebay, opened them up pulled the motors and hot glued in a 44 led flex bulb from comet with a matrix plug. There is already a light pipe running to the headlights and it came out GREAT!!

I hooked them up to the lock lights and now when my lock is ready the headlights blink. Very cool and easy mod that adds sitaw!!

0321181007_Burst03 (resized).jpg0321181007_Burst03 (resized).jpg

#7575 6 years ago

Hi,
I need help with my Getawy. I have error "up/down ramp error". I've checked switches, the coils works correctly during the test. When I start the game, everything is ok until the lock is activated. Then ramp is going all the time up and down. Any idea what is wrong?

#7576 6 years ago
Quoted from artur_n:

Hi,
I need help with my Getawy. I have error "up/down ramp error". I've checked switches, the coils works correctly during the test. When I start the game, everything is ok until the lock is activated. Then ramp is going all the time up and down. Any idea what is wrong?

I think there is a switch that the ramp hits that lets the cpu know the gate is actually up. I would check that switch, and especially the Molex connector it uses to connect below the playfield

PicsArt_03-26-04.18.31 (resized).jpgPicsArt_03-26-04.18.31 (resized).jpg

#7577 6 years ago

Thanks. I'll check it and send feedback. Anyway I've checked all switches and in the test all of them worked properly - it means all showed change of state when pressed.

#7578 6 years ago

Making good progress on my Getaway!

Got some plastics lined up, big thanks to everyone who sent suggestions. I went with a used selection from the marketplace.

Still looking for a translite (decent used is great, I have a janky repro now) and a A-12688L, which is the rollover switch for the left rear lane. Anyone got either of these they can part with?

#7579 6 years ago

Found the switch at TPR. Still looking for a translite!

#7580 6 years ago

Hi Gunstar hero. I have an original translite but in Australia so shipping may be expensive. I will look into it further over the weekend and check it out.

#7581 6 years ago

That would be awesome, please let me know how it works out!

#7582 6 years ago

Picked this one up at the Louisville Arcade Expo a few weeks ago and came with the bonus of Lyman Sheats having put a pretty dang good score up on it. Fun machine. I’ve heard a lot of ZZ Top lately...

CCE991F4-0380-43F0-826E-D79A56F2F518 (resized).jpegCCE991F4-0380-43F0-826E-D79A56F2F518 (resized).jpeg

#7583 6 years ago

I put a comet led strip on the back of my metal loop with a dimmer adjust, it lights up the back area quite nicely!

Also you can see their 6 led fan bulbs in my bumpers, I think they are the best without stepping up to pcb rings

0328182037 (resized).jpg0328182037 (resized).jpg

#7584 6 years ago

That looks like a great idea. I'm just adding custom lighting now to my restore as I finish off the playfield. Any chance of a shot from the player perspective?
I added a 3 led strip on bracket on the backboard to light the road just before the ramp already.
Progress shot below. Made my own ramp decal design and got it printed up.

Looking for an option for the donut shop now but not keen on the one available. Anyone done anything else the besides the decal options on the plate?

Would really love the original mountain mod too but none around.

20180327_170653 (resized).jpg20180327_170653 (resized).jpg

#7585 6 years ago
Quoted from KJS:

Looking for an option for the donut shop now but not keen on the one available. Anyone done anything else the besides the decal options on the plate?

So, I have seen a few options for the ball lock cover. If you don't like any of these, do you have a different idea? I'd be happy to try to work on something if you don't have time/tools to do it yourself. Of course, you could always leave it plain, but most agree that the big piece of silver metal needs something on it.

Here are the ones I have designed:
DonutHeaven1.pngDonutHeaven1.png
DonutHeaven2.pngDonutHeaven2.png
DonutHeaven3.pngDonutHeaven3.png
DonutHeaven4.pngDonutHeaven4.png
DonutHeaven5.pngDonutHeaven5.png

And here are a couple of others I have seen:
high-speed-2-donut-heaven-decal.jpghigh-speed-2-donut-heaven-decal.jpg
dh.jpgdh.jpg
The original 3D by Mezelmods
dh.jpgdh.jpg
With a few of my add-on graphics (patrons & police cars)
dh2.jpgdh2.jpg

Mountain will be hard to find. Mezelmods did one recently, but they are sold out: https://mezelmods.com/collections/the-getaway-high-speed-2-pinball-mods/products/the-getaway-pinball-mountain. I would suggest you give them a call or send an email to see if they have any intention of doing another run on them. Typically, seems like the mountains are a love/hate relationship. Those that love it keep it, those that really don't care for it at all (myself included) would rather light up that back corner and keep things out in the open.

#7586 6 years ago
Quoted from KJS:

That looks like a great idea. I'm just adding custom lighting now to my restore as I finish off the playfield. Any chance of a shot from the player perspective?
I added a 3 led strip on bracket on the backboard to light the road just before the ramp already.

Hey, just noticed your SC sticker - I love the alternative styling to the original which has always seemed a little out of place to me. Did you make or get it from someone (can you share the graphics file with me)?

Also, not to be too critical, but the Lambo profile doesn't look quite right to me as it looks more like an Aventador. Here is a period Diablo, and I even added the gold wheels to match the one depicted on the playfield (happy to share my file with you if you want it).

sc.jpgsc.jpg
diablo2.jpgdiablo2.jpg

#7587 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Did you make or get it from someone (can you share the graphics file with me)?

I would LOVE to use this one as well. Please, please, please, share your source or file, if you can

#7588 6 years ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

I would LOVE to use this one as well. Please, please, please, share your source or file, if you can

If he is open to it, I can either leverage his file or create my own and make it available both for DIY & purchase for a few bucks to cover the cost. Obviously Jakusa's idea and design, so not going to do anything w/o his input first as he may want to offer them himself.

#7589 6 years ago

I would love that supercharger sticker without “The Getaway” written on it.

#7590 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

If he is open to it, I can either leverage his file or create my own and make it available both for DIY & purchase for a few bucks to cover the cost.

That would be absolutely awesome. I'm in Europe but I guess shipping a piece of paper across the pound wouldn't be that much money anyway. Please let me know when you hear from him.

BTW going to put in my pinsound next week and it will be Mr tantrum all over

#7591 6 years ago

I've got a pic from the players perspective like 3 posts up,
But here

Quoted from KJS:

0321181007 (resized).jpg0321181007 (resized).jpg

#7592 6 years ago
Quoted from bimm25i:

I've got a pic from the players perspective like 3 posts up,
But here

You may want to try using a tripod next time of that's how steady your hands are when taking photos

This message brought to you by the official self-appointed photo focus & exposure officer.

#7593 6 years ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

BTW going to put in my pinsound next week and it will be Mr tantrum all over

Sweet! Can't wait to hear about your experience. Are you rewiring for stereo speakers? Are you updating speakers or going with stock?

#7594 6 years ago
Quoted from bimm25i:

I put a comet led strip on the back of my metal loop with a dimmer adjust, it lights up the back area quite nicely!
Also you can see their 6 led fan bulbs in my bumpers, I think they are the best without stepping up to pcb rings

That's a great idea. Here are some other ways to light things up in the dark back area of the playfield (and other spots). Some were my idea and many were sourced from others in this thread.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-club-dispatch-run-a-make-on-license-plate-kingpin/page/85#post-3476037

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-club-dispatch-run-a-make-on-license-plate-kingpin/page/51#post-3149197

Also, got to give it up to MustangPaul for this one: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-club-dispatch-run-a-make-on-license-plate-kingpin/page/86#post-3477075

#7595 6 years ago

Thanks for the donut shop options tantrum, but I am still keen on something else but don't know what yet!.
I had the metal bracket powder coated black for now. I think you are right on the mountain too.

Thanks guys on the supercharger sticker. I did a rough example up in mspaint and got a graphic guy to formalize it for me and paid him $50. The sticker cost me $18oz to get printed on decal. Happy to get them done for anyone for $20oz plus post. Because it is so long I would have to send rolled up in a small box I think. Or happy to share my file if you need. Or guess you can make your own off the same idea if you wanted anyway....

Understand on the car model etc but I have the alternate translite anyway so different cars aren't a biggy for me.
I'm sort of altering the whole art theme of the game anyway in my own restore.

I really need to learn adobe - so many ideas - so useless on graphic programs!!
At the moment I have a custom speaker panel being done as well for Getaway and also BSD. Graphic changes and then reverse printed on 2mm clear ready to mask and backlight in different areas. Will post pics soon hopefully.

I toyed around with an old WPC95 panel and had an idea of having real guages. I setup volt meters actually monitoring the 6 and 12v ccts. And also internal and external temps of the headbox. Got it all working as a proto and thought it was pretty cool but to take it further was a hell of a lot of cost and time. Maybe one day to get it really nicely finished.

#7596 6 years ago
Quoted from KJS:

Thanks for the donut shop options tantrum, but I am still keen on something else but don't know what yet!.
I had the metal bracket powder coated black for now. I think you are right on the mountain too.
Thanks guys on the supercharger sticker. I did a rough example up in mspaint and got a graphic guy to formalize it for me and paid him $50. The sticker cost me $18oz to get printed on decal. Happy to get them done for anyone for $20oz plus post. Because it is so long I would have to send rolled up in a small box I think. Or happy to share my file if you need. Or guess you can make your own off the same idea if you wanted anyway....
Understand on the car model etc but I have the alternate translite anyway so different cars aren't a biggy for me.
I'm sort of altering the whole art theme of the game anyway in my own restore.
I really need to learn adobe - so many ideas - so useless on graphic programs!!
At the moment I have a custom speaker panel being done as well for Getaway and also BSD. Graphic changes and then reverse printed on 2mm clear ready to mask and backlight in different areas. Will post pics soon hopefully.
I toyed around with an old WPC95 panel and had an idea of having real guages. I setup volt meters actually monitoring the 6 and 12v ccts. And also internal and external temps of the headbox. Got it all working as a proto and thought it was pretty cool but to take it further was a hell of a lot of cost and time. Maybe one day to get it really nicely finished.

Oh yeah, a nice black would look much better than silver IMO for the ball lock cover, especially with your black theme. I'd probably just leave it at that given what you are doing overall. If you do have a graphics idea, let me know and I'll be happy to work something up for you as I'm quite capable with Photoshop. I'm going to PM you regarding the sticker.

#7597 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Sweet! Can't wait to hear about your experience. Are you rewiring for stereo speakers? Are you updating speakers or going with stock?

I did a very fundamental and quite high end restauration of my getaway over the past 4 years putting about $6000 into it. Nothing was not dissembled, nothing untouched. So rewiring and flipper fidelity is a given. I'll create a thread once I am done. That will be in April

#7598 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

You may want to try using a tripod next time of that's how steady your hands are when taking photos
This message brought to you by the official self-appointed photo focus & exposure officer.

AND take the glass off.

#7599 6 years ago

This word confused me, but then I saw you're from Germany so I gave you the benefit of the doubt. I think the English word you were looking for is "restoration".

BTW, all lighthearted comments here in the Getaway thread, so don't take what I or others say to seriously when it comes to things like this - just having a little fun. FYI, your English is infinitely better than my German!

#7600 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

AND take the glass off.

And by the self-appointed playfield photo quality control officer.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

6,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newtown, CT
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

4,025 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball

5,650 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fontana, CA
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 20.00
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
$ 19.00
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 13,821 posts in this topic. You are on page 152 of 277.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-club-dispatch-run-a-make-on-license-plate-kingpin/page/152 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.