• L3 9 votes
    3%
  • L5 99 votes
    35%
  • P7 9 votes
    3%
  • C-C 7 votes
    2%

(Multiple choice - 286 votes by 285 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 3,290 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Getaway_Post_V2_2020-Jun-29_07-52-44PM-000_CustomizedView17482466215 (resized).png
2C86D68E-48F3-4C07-91BD-236F28923C3E (resized).jpeg
6E421C90-D057-4E51-8B83-6F0E5BD37D77 (resized).jpeg
22A20DC4-C4DF-488E-9C8A-62EF3899D5D3 (resized).jpeg
6D90E8DA-C4EC-455C-9E7F-947A8AEB7C4D (resized).jpeg
6866126D-D06B-4931-B226-F056E69D3674 (resized).jpeg
3B811AB7-6668-49FD-9697-D23C2368ECB5 (resized).jpeg
C4266231-047B-40EC-800D-90694C62D6DD (resized).jpeg
200F7482-8246-46E2-A7A4-7C24BDED3C7E (resized).jpeg
IMG_5965 (resized).PNG
7799E278-A5C6-4D20-BF13-0D698E018A01 (resized).jpeg
28EEE474-5FBA-43C5-9C61-3C2E04AF364F (resized).jpeg
20200608_130012 (resized).jpg
644A79A0-D8EE-478E-9D7C-4E5D7DDBBB04 (resized).jpeg
F7A9005D-03C6-4313-B53A-1CC33580593F (resized).jpeg
20200607_142030 (resized).jpg

There are 10708 posts in this topic. You are on page 154 of 215.
#7651 2 years ago

Still hoping to find a new plastics set while I get the last few bits together for this playfield... should have grabbed the one from the marketplace! Any more leads?

#7652 2 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Still hoping to find a new plastics set while I get the last few bits together for this playfield... should have grabbed the one from the marketplace! Any more leads?

I'm hoping someone else remakes these, not really happy with the orange color from the CPR run, looks like beige, not the bright orange it should be.

#7653 2 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

I'm hoping someone else remakes these, not really happy with the orange color from the CPR run, looks like beige, not the bright orange it should be.

I agree not near as orange as the originals. I have not installed mine due to this - still deciding if I should sell them or not.

#7654 2 years ago

Well my originals look like crap and had a few busted so I bought a lot of used plastics to replace the busted ones and they actually look even worse.

SO...if you decide to sell please let me know!

#7655 2 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Well my originals look like crap and had a few busted so I bought a lot of used plastics to replace the busted ones and they actually look even worse.
SO...if you decide to sell please let me know!

The problem is shipping will cost you from me to you - not cheap going between Canada and the US (or the other way).

But I will keep you in mind.

#7656 2 years ago
Quoted from LongJohns:

The problem is shipping will cost you from me to you - not cheap going between Canada and the US (or the other way).
But I will keep you in mind.

You should arrange a meeting at the border and jus toss them over.

Wish I had the technology to create new sets, but the orange on those repros was completely off. I don't understand how someone could even take those to print without first comparing the colorization to the originals (I believe they also left out a small piece). Would be great of someone stepped up and made another set, but probably have to deal with PPS.

#7657 2 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

Havent forgotten about you . Been a really busy week at work so havent had a chance to do this yet but i will either in the next couple days ot for sure over the weekend.

No problem at all! I’m probably a few weeks out from even beginning to think of tackling this. Thanks again!

#7658 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

..., but the orange on those repros was completely off. I don't understand how someone could even take those to print without first comparing the colorization to the originals (I believe they also left out a small piece). Would be great of someone stepped up and made another set, but probably have to deal with PPS.

They are off. My originals were crap, so I used them. Once all are in it doesn't really show, but still I see why it could be unsatisfying. And yes, they DID leave out a piece - the one underneath the U-turn on the left ramp.
Also the holes and print on my Supercharger-Entry plastic were horribly misaligned.
If you have good originals, you're probably better off.

#7659 2 years ago

I’m looking for this turbo boost plastic. Does anyone have one in good shape that they would like to sell?

1477840C-F5C6-433F-AB41-A2414E433FF5 (resized).jpeg

#7660 2 years ago
Quoted from Mike_M:

I'm running into a strange issue with a friend's Getaway at TPF- Some of the orbit switches are causing opto 1 to activate. Specifically the bottom three switches in column 1 of the switch matrix- "Right Freeway Top", "Right Freeway Bottom", and "Left Freeway Top". I haven't found any obvious shorts or diode issues under the playfield. Anyone else run into this before?

I picked up a Getaway about a week before TPF this year. It worked fine for a few days. Mike_M describes the issue above. We thought it was a bad Opto1, but after changing it out, the SC works great now (faster), but I still have the switch issue.

In test mode, if I press switch #16, #17 or #18, those switches come on, but Opto1 (#81) goes out. So when the ball goes around the orbit, Opto1 activates and the background music stops.

I reseated connectors, did a RAM clear on it - unplugged, removed batteries, sit 15min - but it didn't resolve.

I read through about 90 pages of this club forum so far and I'm hoping someone here can point me down a path. Any help is greatly appreciated.

#7661 2 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

I’m looking for this turbo boost plastic. Does anyone have one in good shape that they would like to sell?

I have a spare, unbroken but “yellowed” and pretty dinged up:

E3667270-694F-439C-BE78-D5D1D395CFCF (resized).jpeg

Hit me up if you want it and it’s yours.

#7662 2 years ago
Quoted from tctx02:

I picked up a Getaway about a week before TPF this year. It worked fine for a few days. Mike_M describes the issue above. We thought it was a bad Opto1, but after changing it out, the SC works great now (faster), but I still have the switch issue.
In test mode, if I press switch #16, #17 or #18, those switches come on, but Opto1 (#81) goes out. So when the ball goes around the orbit, Opto1 activates and the background music stops.
I reseated connectors, did a RAM clear on it - unplugged, removed batteries, sit 15min - but it didn't resolve.
I read through about 90 pages of this club forum so far and I'm hoping someone here can point me down a path. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Are you saying all those switches come on at once and then opto 1 then goes out?

These types of issues can be very frustrating, I had some switch issues (a ground short error in one of my pins) and switching out the u20 chip corrected my problem but I spent weeks trying to trace the short.

As silly as it sounds check your plumb bob tilt, it's on that column and sometimes it can be cause an issue although I'm not sure how that would short switch 81

#7663 2 years ago

Thanks for the response tiltmonster. All the switches don't come on at once.

If I activate 16 in test mode 16 will come on and opto1 (81) will go out.
If I activate 17 in test mode 17 will come on and opto1 (81) will go out.
If I activate 18 in test mode 18 will come on and opto1 (81) will go out.

My game was a little hacked up when I got it. The tilt bob wire is disconnected - in test mode though it works when i make contact. Similarly the wire for the slam tilt on the door is cut. I also have the bent up playfield slide hinges - the rubbing on the inner cab broke through the ground straps on both sides. I tested all the other switches and they appear to be functioning as expected. All of these issues were all present when the game play was fully functional.

Here's my board - looks OK to me... Where can I pick up a new U20 chip?

Board_U20 (resized).jpg

#7664 2 years ago
Quoted from tctx02:

Thanks for the response tiltmonster. All the switches don't come on at once.
If I activate 16 in test mode 16 will come on and opto1 (81) will go out.
If I activate 17 in test mode 17 will come on and opto1 (81) will go out.
If I activate 18 in test mode 18 will come on and opto1 (81) will go out.
My game was a little hacked up when I got it. The tilt bob wire is disconnected - in test mode though it works when i make contact. Similarly the wire for the slam tilt on the door is cut. I also have the bent up playfield slide hinges - the rubbing on the inner cab broke through the ground straps on both sides. I tested all the other switches and they appear to be functioning as expected. All of these issues were all present when the game play was fully functional.
Here's my board - looks OK to me... Where can I pick up a new U20 chip?

Interesting... well, it appears that the u20 chip is socketed, as mine was in the pin that was throwing the ground short error, which leads me to believe they have already replaced the chip. You can get them at pinballlife https://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=569

I'd probably buy a sleeve of them, 5 or so, just in case. They are cheap and if it's like my pin, I had to replace it 2 times, and one I installed poorly and bent the pins to crap.

I'm not implying this is the issue but if it is, it's a cheap and easy fix; if it's not it's back to square one.

You could test and put J207 on the J206 pin row

#7665 2 years ago

I need to order other parts as well so I will add a few U20 chips to the order.

Quoted from tiltmonster:

You could test and put J207 on the J206 pin row

What should I expect to happen when I move the connector from J207 to J206?

#7666 2 years ago
Quoted from tctx02:

I need to order other parts as well so I will add a few U20 chips to the order.

What should I expect to happen when I move the connector from J207 to J206?

Probably nothing... but those pin locations are interchangeable (like J208 and J209); mine is on pin row J206, maybe there could be something there causing the switch issues. Power off please before you switch it out

EDIT: don't feel like you need to do this if you're uncomfortable

inside backbox (resized).jpg

#7667 2 years ago

Got it. I'll try changing it over to J206 later today. I have a handful of U20 chips on the way too. Thanks for the help.

#7668 2 years ago
Quoted from tctx02:

Got it. I'll try changing it over to J206 later today. I have a handful of U20 chips on the way too. Thanks for the help.

NP. Good luck. This could take a lot more time to solve...

#7669 2 years ago

Up and running 100 percent now. Just working on pinsound files which takes a long time.
Big thanks to Tantrum for his help with little graphic touches and the inspiration from a lot of other people in this thread also for ideas and comments.

Pictures don't do it justice as the lighting looks blown out. I will try and put a you tube clip up soon on my channel.

Mods include:

Custom side rails to match graphic - all black ripple powder coat hardware
Colour dmd, pinsound, custom speaker setup, full titan rubbers
Alt translite (yes I know wrong car but I like it the best for what is available)
Extra various led lighting in GI areas and star posts), under cab lighting
Target cover and ramp decal, coin slots,
Fully changed supercharger with grill that glows red and then flashes bright red when active.
Due to height issues at my place no old school beacon - have a led flashing light with red outer and blue inner section. I may make coloured covers for these.
Covered top hole with red acrylic and top lit.
Just powder coated lock ball bracket for now - looking into making my own custom building here as the donut one doesn't grab me
Also waiting for my custom speaker panel which is basically black and grey themed ( no blue) but have the original fitted for now. Backlit the guages and buttons and made a new panel from scratch. What a mission but I know the next one will be easier from my TOM.
Custom Aussie style traffic light in progress as well as a few minor touches.
All up cost so far with starting machine just under 9k in parts.
Really happy with the result.

20180407_132253 (resized).jpg

20180407_131642 (resized).jpg

20180407_081750 (resized).jpg

#7670 2 years ago

Beautiful work, and beautiful results!

#7671 2 years ago
Quoted from Jakusu:

Up and running 100 percent now. Just working on pinsound files which takes a long time.
Big thanks to Tantrum for his help with little graphic touches and the inspiration from a lot of other people in this thread also for ideas and comments.
Pictures don't do it justice as the lighting looks blown out. I will try and put a you tube clip up soon on my channel.
Mods include:
Alt translite (yes I know wrong car but I like it the best for what is available)
Fully changed supercharger with grill that glows red and then flashes bright red when active.
Due to height issues at my place no old school beacon - have a led flashing light with red outer and blue inner section. I may make coloured covers for these.
Just powder coated lock ball bracket for now - looking into making my own custom building here as the donut one doesn't grab me
Also waiting for my custom speaker panel which is basically black and grey themed ( no blue) but have the original fitted for now. Backlit the guages and buttons and made a new panel from scratch. What a mission but I know the next one will be easier from my TOM.

Looks great! The all black is a nice touch, powder coating, with standup targets, decals and rings, well done! I'd like to see the SC, hard to tell what you did there but it looks cool

EDIT: sure makes me want that black SC decal not too... damn you!

#7672 2 years ago

Looks awesome . Great work !

#7673 2 years ago
Quoted from Jakusu:

Mods include:

GREAT looking game.

#7674 2 years ago
Quoted from hayrebear:

No problem at all! I’m probably a few weeks out from even beginning to think of tackling this. Thanks again!

Ok cool. Been really busy but i will post this for you within the next week.

#7675 2 years ago

Any fellow Getaway owners going to Allentown this year ? Want to hook up for a beer while we are there ?

#7676 2 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

Any fellow Getaway owners going to Allentown this year ? Want to hook up for a beer while we are there ?

I'll be there, bringing my HS2 for the party at the Ramada. Will also have a booth, Playfield Protectors.

#7677 2 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

I'll be there, bringing my HS2 for the party at the Ramada. Will also have a booth, Playfield Protectors.

Cool, Ill touch base before and hook up. I still have to book a room tomorrow for me and my two buddies. Hoping i havent waited to long.

#7678 2 years ago
Quoted from Jakusu:

Hi Gunstar hero. I have an original translite but in Australia so shipping may be expensive. I will look into it further over the weekend and check it out.

Hi Gunstar hero
shoot me a pm with your email address so I can send pics of my translite for sale its pretty nice with a couple of small marks near the chopper.. Shipping is about $30 us from Aust though to the US.
I am also selling plastics, some used some new repros, and the full beacon light assy and boards if anyone is interested.
Maybe other bits as well now my restore is done.

#7679 2 years ago
Quoted from Jakusu:

Hi Gunstar hero
shoot me a pm with your email address so I can send pics of my translite for sale its pretty nice with a couple of small marks near the chopper.. Shipping is about $30 us from Aust though to the US.
I am also selling plastics, some used some new repros, and the full beacon light assy and boards if anyone is interested.
Maybe other bits as well now my restore is done.

Sent.

#7680 2 years ago

Hi everyone, I’m new to the club!

I have a pair of JL audio C2-525x (2 way 5 1/4”) speakers that have been collecting dust for a couple years in the garage. (I also have some JL 3 1/4”, but I’d rather use the same size speakers in the back box)

Would it be worth the effort to install them in HSII? I’d also swap in a decent 8 ohm 6.5” sub as well. Not looking to blow anyone away with high fidelity audio, but just use some stuff I have laying around to improve the pin.

#7681 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinless:

Hi everyone, I’m new to the club!
I have a pair of JL audio C2-525x (2 way 5 1/4”) speakers that have been collecting dust for a couple years in the garage. (I also have some JL 3 1/4”, but I’d rather use the same size speakers in the back box)
Would it be worth the effort to install them in HSII? I’d also swap in a decent 8 ohm 6.5” sub as well. Not looking to blow anyone away with high fidelity audio, but just use some stuff I have laying around to improve the pin.

Two comments:

- If you current speakers are broken, cracked, etc. then by all means replace them. If your speakers are intact, you really won't improve the sound quality (although you could improve the mix/balance if you rewire with mixer)

- Get a PinSound, install my custom orchestrations, install new speakers, and you'll be blown away!

#7682 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Two comments:
- If you current speakers are broken, cracked, etc. then by all means replace them. If your speakers are intact, you really won't improve the sound quality (although you could improve the mix/balance if you rewire with mixer)
- Get a PinSound, install my custom orchestrations, install new speakers, and you'll be blown away!

Pinsound is definitely on the list. I’ve seen a few videos and really like some of the audio enhancements.

I was just wanting to tinker and use stuff I’ve had laying around.

I really need to replace some coils and other stuff first. I may need to make a shopping list...

715CBB0E-2371-44F4-8325-61A2D6C81688 (resized).jpeg

9B0D98EB-166E-4654-BDCD-2AA9B186B1BA (resized).jpeg

84F886EE-594F-4991-A0BB-E0DA48199525 (resized).jpeg

#7683 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinless:

Pinsound is definitely on the list. I’ve seen a few videos and really like some of the audio enhancements.
I really need to replace some coils and other stuff first. I may need to make a shopping list...

Originally, my cab speaker was blown and the original backbox has a tiny tweeter on the right. I replaced my and did get better overall bass and sound, but the quality of the sounds did not improve much (mono-midi sound). Later added pinsound and kept the speakers I had upgraded to, and it sounds great. I did rewire for stereo when I got my PinSound which is a must (get their harness, makes it easier).

#7684 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinless:

Pinsound and speakers should be low on your priority list, that's the cherry on top but for sure replace those coils and sleeves. If this was my pin I'd probably swap out those flipper springs, bushings and shooter assembly.

#7685 2 years ago

Okay, I've finally got all of my stuff together and can offer the custom supercharger decals originally inspired by Jakusa. I've made 5 different versions to choose from:

- Logo with gold wheels
- Logo with silver wheels
- No Logo with gold wheels
- No Logo with silver wheels
- Logo only

Click here to see a couple of examples: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-club-dispatch-run-a-make-on-license-plate-kingpin/page/153#post-4312409

These are printed as a single 19" strip on coated gloss paper using a production quality laser graphics system. I then use permanent double-sided tape for the backing and coat top with clear gloss laminate. I'm offering these for $20 shipped (due to length size and not wanting to fold them to fit into an envelope, I will have to ship them in a box so it is a little more expensive).

If you have any interest, please PM me and we can work out the details.

Supercharger x5.jpg

#7686 2 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

Pinsound and speakers should be low on your priority list, that's the cherry on top but for sure replace those coils and sleeves. If this was my pin I'd probably swap out those flipper springs, bushings and shooter assembly.

I’ve got a set of rubbers on the way. I’m going to make a list of the coils, bushings, springs, etc... and place another order soon. Thanks for the suggestions!

#7687 2 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

Yes, you do need to get your pin in nice working order before adding on the cherries. What good is a Pinsound if the pin doesn't work or play right to start with. Personally, I'd also go tasteful LED mod before Pinsound, but that just me.

#7688 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Yes, you do need to get your pin in nice working order before adding on the cherries. What good is a Pinsound if the pin doesn't work or play right to start with. Personally, I'd also go tasteful LED mod before Pinsound, but that just me.

The only thing I’ve noticed that doesn’t work properly is the VUK (?) that kicks the ball out of the lock. It doesn’t seem to force it out hard enough. Sometimes it will fall right back in the lock 2 or 3 times.

Either way I don’t like seeing it rigged up the way it is. I’d like to just start replacing anything and everything that isn’t right.

#7689 2 years ago

Yeah, i would definitely consider full flipper rebuilds on all. With home use its probably the last time you will ever have to.

#7690 2 years ago

My list so far:
All new coils
Flipper rebuilds (assuming they come with springs and sleeves)
Flipper gap tool
NVRAM mod done by a professional

This is my first pin so feel free to chime in if I’m missing anything.

#7691 2 years ago

Nice work Mr T. Im kinda actually digging the last one with just the logo for some reason.

#7692 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinless:

All new coils
Flipper gap tool

They will come with the springs and sleeves but usually dont come with the flipper bushings. Make sure you get them.
images (resized).jpg

#7693 2 years ago

Thanks!^

#7694 2 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

They will come with the springs and sleeves but usually dont come with the flipper bushings. Make sure you get them.

The next time I’m up in Mississauga for work I’ll shoot you a pm. I’d love to see your Getaway in person. I’ve been looking through your restoration thread and got a lot of ideas from your work. It looks awesome!

#7695 2 years ago

The first thing you should do is clean the underside of the pf ESPECIALLY the undersides of the inserts, they are really bad. If you don't clean everything every time you go under there to replace stuff you'll get everything just black. Unscrew the lamp holders one at a time and clean the sockets, wires, inserts and pf in that area with the power off. Use Q tips on each insert till they come off clean then replace the bulb with twin smd clear dome white bulbs then move on to the next one. You could use up to 100 on that dirty girl. Oh and Welcome to the club.

#7696 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Okay, I've finally got all of my stuff together and can offer the custom supercharger decals originally inspired by Jakusa. I've made 5 different versions to choose from:
- Logo with gold wheels
- Logo with silver wheels
- No Logo with gold wheels
- No Logo with silver wheels
- Logo only
Click here to see a couple of examples: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-club-dispatch-run-a-make-on-license-plate-kingpin/page/153#post-4312409
These are printed as a single 19" strip on coated gloss paper using a production quality laser graphics system. I then use permanent double-sided tape for the backing and coat top with clear gloss laminate. I'm offering these for $20 shipped (due to length size and not wanting to fold them to fit into an envelope, I will have to ship them in a box so it is a little more expensive).
If you have any interest, please PM me and we can work out the details.

Nice! I'm down for the silver with the logo, I'll PM you

#7697 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinless:

My list so far:
All new coils
Flipper gap tool

Flippers

Lower Coils FL-11629

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/FL-11629

Upper Coil FL-11630

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/FL-11630

Rebuild

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/WFLTRON

or all 3

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/WFLTRON-1L2R

bushings 03-7568

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/03-7568

Plunger

Coil A014789

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-14789

Spring 10-128

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/10-128

Bell armature A-15709

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-15709

Rubber grommet 38-6420 (23-6420 out of stock)

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/38-6420

You can try pinball Life, she has better prices but more limited stock

#7698 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinless:

The next time I’m up in Mississauga for work I’ll shoot you a pm. I’d love to see your Getaway in person. I’ve been looking through your restoration thread and got a lot of ideas from your work. It looks awesome!

For sure. Pm me and ill shoot you my phone number. Your welcome over anytime .

#7699 2 years ago

920641EC-7EAB-4252-A1C0-DC71116D2C0A (resized).jpeg

Topside done!

Not bad for a sketchy players game!!

#7700 2 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Topside done!

Not bad for a sketchy players game!!

Looks awesome !!

Ive pretty much have mine fully restored now with the new playfield in. Photos coming soon !

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Chapel Hill, NC
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods
There are 10708 posts in this topic. You are on page 154 of 215.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside