• L3 11 votes
    3%
  • L5 120 votes
    34%
  • P7 9 votes
    3%
  • C-C 7 votes
    2%

(Multiple choice - 348 votes by 346 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4154 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_a3dr_lambo_diablo_vt_la_canyons_15-4-120-14-24-33 (resized).jpg
IMG_4302 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
media-pinball-display-mounting-bracket (resized).jpg
IMG_7017 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7018 (resized).jpeg
20240224_010008 (resized).jpg
IMG_9239 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7522 (resized).jpeg

There are 13,725 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 275.
#1 10 years ago

This game needs to have its own club.

Who's got one and what's great about it!

Robert

TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
#3 10 years ago

Will be a member very soon!

#4 10 years ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

Anyone have this translite installed?

Alt Translite 1.jpg 111 KB

Yes, I do (have the translite installed)! I like it a LOT! I've owned my game for 6 years over the past 16 years. I bought it 16 years ago, sold it to a friend after 3 years, and bought it back 10 years later. Last time I sell it until I cash out!

getaway.jpggetaway.jpg
#5 10 years ago

Count me in. Great game!

#6 10 years ago

I didn't want to have to be the ONE to start the "Club" but MOF made me do it...so now it's here!

Getaway -- a great DMD machine

Well-executed theme
Great soundtrack & sound effects
Good light show
Cool Translite with a great alternate if one is inclined to use it
And a Supercharger

So please share your love for this machine as well as:

Repair tips,
Restoration tips,
Photos,
LED suggestions,
Color matching tips,
and Mods

RESOURCE:

http://www.ipdb.org/search.pl?any=the+getaway&search=Search+Database&searchtype=quick

#8 10 years ago

My mountain installed...

#9 10 years ago

One of my favorite quotes... "This time I'm gonna nail that dirtbag!"

Also, do you guys get two balls in the shooter lane after the first red line mania completes? Seems like the bugs come out on my L-2 after the first mania completes.

#10 10 years ago

I played the hell out of this pin when it first came out and was lucky enough to pick one up a few weeks ago.

It was in great condition with one exception. The plunger was pretty weak and it didn't hit the ball hard enough to get around the loop. I did some research and most suggested a problem with either hitting the ball square or simply needing to replace the coil sleeve. As I was replacing the coil sleeve I noticed how short the armature was. It was about an inch shorter than it was supposed to be. I'm guessing something bad happened to the original and an operator just popped in something he had on hand.

Now it plays perfectly and I'm having a blast. It's definitely one of my favorite tables.

Now on to installing some LEDs.

#11 10 years ago

Just got mine a couple of weeks ago. Almost 100% now. I just gotta find time to do what I need to do.

#12 10 years ago

Mine it nothing special condition wise, but it has the number one mountain and the number one Donut Heaven re-pops. At a fellow Pinsider's "suggestion" I have since removed the Lambo--and it did clean up the look--thanks for the criticism!

IMG_0448.JPGIMG_0448.JPG
#13 10 years ago
Quoted from steve1515:

Also, do you guys get two balls in the shooter lane after the first red line mania completes? Seems like the bugs come out on my L-2 after the first mania completes.

I'm running L-2 but have never seen that problem (although I do occasionally get endless multiball)...

#14 10 years ago

Getting the Extra Ball in Video Mode is clutch and the secret Donut Heaven mode is an Adrenaline rush. I might have to sell my HSII to a buddy of mine, but only b/c his dad got me started w/ pinball awhile back.
"I don't do cute" -SR

#15 10 years ago

Count me in. Probably my family's favorite game. My son (18 yrs old) and I have some epic battles on this game. Love the sounds of the SSSUUUUPPPPEEERRRR JJJJAAAACCCCKKKPPPPOOOOTTTTT...

btw--I never see the EB come up anymore in my video mode. What's up with that?

Mike

#16 10 years ago

Love mine.

I recently considered selling/trading mine to mix up the lineup. Put a full Cointaker premium LED kit in it and it made it look like a new machine! Was playing it thinking they might be some of last games on it......and I changed my mind!

I have to say that every time I come across an HS2 I play it....and honestly mine plays smoother than any other one I've played so far. It's a true classic. It's also been the most dependable pin I've ever owned. I don't think I've repaired one thing on it....not even a switch adjustment. Oh.....now I've done it!

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

secret Donut Heaven mode is an Adrenaline rush.

I don't think I'm aware of that one?

#18 10 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

I don't think I'm aware of that one?

Maybe he means secret mania?

Mike

#19 10 years ago

just picked this game up 3 months ago. absolutely love it!!! strangely, I had never played one before owning. played the hell out of the original high speed, and just knew I would like this one as well. had family visit for Xmas and it got played non-stop for 4 days.

total non-stop fun from the time you hit start.

tell me some more about this 'secret donut heaven' mode. I have not seen that yet.

#20 10 years ago

In the club, but don;t know for how much longer.

#21 10 years ago

To get the secret mania... When you lock a ball and you see three police cards parked at the donut shop on the DMD, shift up, down, up and you'll get a secret mania mode where all shots are 500,000. I personally think that it's not worth it on L-2 since it can reset your locks, but it's fun to try it out.

About the extra ball in video mode... I have never seen that either. Can someone elaborate?

#22 10 years ago
Quoted from steve1515:

To get the secret mania

thanks for the clarification. will try that out.

#23 10 years ago
Quoted from steve1515:

About the extra ball in video mode... I have never seen that either. Can someone elaborate?

It should show up along the far left hand side. Not sure if it's random or every time....I tend to drive on the far right side.

#24 10 years ago

Getaway is and probably always will be my favorite game, the only game that makes my hands sweaty.

#25 10 years ago

Will be joining the club in April... key starter mod already purchased. May get the mountain and Donut Heaven down the road.

#26 10 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

... key starter mod already purchased.

I've been looking for that. Where did you find it?

#27 10 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

+1

Quoted from Astropin:

It should show up along the far left hand side. Not sure if it's random or every time....I tend to drive on the far right side.

I've seen it on both sides, but not every time I get video mode.

#28 10 years ago

Every time I get Secret Mania it seems like I drain right away.

#29 10 years ago
Quoted from Geocab:

I've seen it on both sides, but not every time I get video mode.

I have never ever seen on the right side. I think I even read something about it being on the left?

#30 10 years ago
Quoted from Geocab:

Every time I get Secret Mania it seems like I drain right away.

Me too!

#31 10 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hs2-key-mod

Etsy has them. You can find the mountain mod and donut heaven as well.

#32 10 years ago

Hey. I have a High Speed. Can I join your club?

#33 10 years ago

My second favorite pin after High Speed.

#34 10 years ago

I'm in the club.

Wow, I never knew about Secret Mania. I guess I should read the rule sheets even on the "shallow" games.

#35 10 years ago

EB only shows up in Video mode on some versions. I think only V2 ?

#36 10 years ago

I think the video mode EB only shows up if you haven't been getting the target % of extra balls. You can increase the % extra balls in the Adjustments menu; that should increase the odds of seeing an EB on the highway...

Interesting if it always appears on the left - I'll need to start straddling left and center (instead of center and right) if that's the case...

#37 10 years ago
Quoted from BadBrad97:

Hey. I have a High Speed. Can I join your club?

NO!
(Just kidding)...

#38 10 years ago

My supercharger was working differently than anyone elses. When you shot it up there it would do the same amount of rounds everytime. One day, I got a divertor error and I couldn't clear it. It was weird. I took it apart and found that someone had removed the outer winding of the coil and taped up the wire. In the past 16 years, neither I or the guy I bought/sold the game to knew it. I bought a new coil and it works perfectly now. One of the strangest things I've ever seen done to a pin.

getawaycoil.jpggetawaycoil.jpg

#39 10 years ago
Quoted from awarner:

NO!
(Just kidding)...

LOL!!
I wouldn't let MrSanRamon join the High Speed club last week so he started his own!

This club stinks! I wouldn't want to be in your stupid club anyway!!

#40 10 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hs2-key-mod
Etsy has them. You can find the mountain mod and donut heaven as well.

Cool. Just ordered one.

#41 10 years ago
Quoted from papazit1963:

Count me in. Probably my family's favorite game. My son (18 yrs old) and I have some epic battles on this game. Love the sounds of the SSSUUUUPPPPEEERRRR JJJJAAAACCCCKKKPPPPOOOOTTTTT...
btw--I never see the EB come up anymore in my video mode. What's up with that?
Mike

Unfortunately, the Extra ball in Video mode is controlled by the auto percentaging programmed into the game, so as you begin to collect more and more extra ball awards, the percentaging getting smaller and smaller till it goes away,during VM. If you do a game reset, etc., it will come back, but will eventually go away. I am runnning L-5 and it has the VM extra ball feature and shows up on both sides of the road I am pretty sure.

#42 10 years ago
Quoted from Chet:

Unfortunately, the Extra ball in Video mode is controlled by the auto percentaging programmed into the game, so as you begin to collect more and more extra ball awards, the percentaging getting smaller and smaller till it goes away,during VM. If you do a game reset, etc., it will come back, but will eventually go away. I am runnning L-5 and it has the VM extra ball feature and shows up on both sides of the road I am pretty sure.

That's kool, I've never seen this before, not even when I played the crap outta of the pin when it was brand new . . .

#43 10 years ago
Quoted from fast_in_muskoka:

That's kool, I've never seen this before, not even when I played the crap outta of the pin when it was brand new . . .

I never get far enough to see anything haha

#44 10 years ago

I wish someone could make a key start switch that was more like the one from Checkpoint. While the one above looks cool, I think I'd like a better key, more like a car key, you know? Plus I don't like that you can remove the key. Not that I would have my machine on location but if I ever take it to the Ohio Show, I doubt the key would last long before disappearing.

#45 10 years ago

Added S/W Poll...

I use L3.

Some ROM version assessment I found; anyone have any different or additional info?

(Sorry, can't figure out how to align the columns bettter)

ROM REVISION ........................................... L1 L2 L5

Supercharger driver can fail when
more than 1 ball in supercharger.....................Y N N

2 state flippers .................................................N N Y

Run The RED LIGHT display mode ................Y Y N

Secret mania bug with forgotten ball-locks .....Y Y N

Endless multiball (FREE RIDE BUG) ..............? Y N

Red light mania to normal multiball shift bug ....N N Y

Multiple balls released from lock multi player) ...? N Y

Extra ball in video mode ......................................N Y Y

Display Flicker in Supercharge Mode .................Y N N

Supercharger raise and enable 1-2-3 .................N Y Y

Supercharger enabled with 3 loops ...................Y N N

Standard generous free ride time ......................N Y Y

Robert

#47 10 years ago

Donut building I made. I think something over that metal piece really adds to the game look.

Robert

IMG_1027.JPGIMG_1027.JPG

#48 10 years ago

Pinball Keefer's explanation of the multiball bug:

However, the bug is slightly mislabeled, even though that is the generally-seen manifestation. The bug is that every 3rd ball arrival into the lockup starts multiball. So normally what happens is people have 1 or 2 balls locked, then start RLM. RLM runs normally, you get a jackpot. If you had 2 balls locked, then the arrival of the jackpot ball restarts multiball (complete with ball saver (even for multiball 2+), relaunching drained ball(s), and making light jackpot lit (i.e. 20 loops to light jackpot)). If you had 1 ball locked, then you can go for the RLM super (augmented to 100M) after RLM jackpot. If you make the super shot, then at that point that will be the third arrival, and multiball will restart. With 0 balls locked, you can get jackpot-super-super then multiball restarts.
Similarly, you could have one ball locked, get a jackpot during RLM, light lock again, lock 1 ball, multiball starts. Confused yet? It's easy for me because I understand exactly why the bug is there.
An unlisted bug is "GAME RESTART WORKS," which is the adjustment that handles what the start button does. FT was the first game with this adjustment, and I can't remember if HS2 had it from day 1 or it didn't get added until L-5. At any rate, the bug is that because the car-starting noises play when you push the button in, the game doesn't start until the button is RELEASED. The standard game start logic checks to see if the button is held in, which obviously it can never be, so Game Restart=SLOW will never work.

#49 10 years ago

Thought the back section was too dark, so added red led strips (helps hide the yellowing plastics too).
Added a post light under the "Drive 65" plastic, something that should have been there to begin with.
Dream is to laser the Getaway logo where everyone puts the doughnut hut (like the Funhouse light shade).
Getaway.jpgGetaway.jpg

#50 10 years ago

I don't even have the metal plate on mine people are placing donut heaven.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp
Decorations
Boards
Slap Save Creations
Boards
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 28.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Interactive
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
Decorations
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 12.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus
Plastics
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
4,025 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
3,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Coalinga, CA
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 20.00
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newtown, CT
$ 85.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus
Other
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Decals
$ 49.99
$ 40.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
Electronics
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
Machine - For Sale
Gilroy, CA
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
Led
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 13,725 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 275.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-club-dispatch-run-a-make-on-license-plate-kingpin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.