• L3 11 votes
    3%
  • L5 120 votes
    34%
  • P7 9 votes
    3%
  • C-C 7 votes
    2%

(Multiple choice - 348 votes by 346 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4875 (resized).jpeg
get2 (resized).jpg
get3 (resized).jpg
get1 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4154 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_a3dr_lambo_diablo_vt_la_canyons_15-4-120-14-24-33 (resized).jpg
IMG_4302 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
media-pinball-display-mounting-bracket (resized).jpg
IMG_7017 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7018 (resized).jpeg

There are 13,738 posts in this topic. You are on page 86 of 275.
#4251 7 years ago

warm white ?

#4252 7 years ago

Not sure about that. I have bright white.

#4253 7 years ago

Agreed, i use frosted bulbs and light strips under plastics; clear, faceted or no cover under PF inserts

#4254 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I thought I would share all of my most recent lighting mods. Hopefully, some of you will like at least some of them and this gives you some good ideas for your pin.

Looks great. In your pics I can see you need new target foam, these can be changed without replacing the switch. http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=410

#4255 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Not sure about that. I have bright white

Ok thanks. Im sure bright whites will pop more.

#4256 7 years ago

I did this yesterday, what a PITA!!! And that playfield is a whole LOT heavier than it looks!! Dropped the shifter assy, etc in the electrostatic, so all the hardware looks minty new again. Also clean, repaint black and add a carbon fiber wrap to the inside of the cab. Turned out pretty good! Full playfield teardown and shop next week... Planning to add some GI lights, and finally paint that big dumb chrome thing BLACK!

IMG_3626 (resized).JPGIMG_3626 (resized).JPG

IMG_3625 (resized).JPGIMG_3625 (resized).JPG

#4257 7 years ago

Also, I was wrong a few weeks back about the blades I had, I unrolled and took a look at them... And it turns out that I was right before... The guys who made these are definitely no longer in business and these are not available anywhere. They are very high quality!
Anyone interested before I put them on ebay? $80 shipped to the 48.

Getaway-blades (resized).pngGetaway-blades (resized).png

#4258 7 years ago

This thread rocks! Was so close to selling my beautiful getaway, but had an awesome time playing yesterday and got second thoughts. Today i visited this thread after months and found so many ideas to spice up my machine that it's not going to leave soon

Started tonight with some decal goodnes from mr tantrum, thanks a lot buddy!

Going to order some more led strips and gi lights tomorrow! Definitely want to switch the GI back to white, do the hairpin lights and also fabricate the new plastics on top of the left traffic light targets. My machine is really beautiful, lots of flasher strips already installed but the GI is so darn dark, gonna change that!

So many creative ways to mod in this thread, thanks to everyone, really enjoying it
Cheers

IMG_0747 (resized).JPGIMG_0747 (resized).JPG

IMG_0749 (resized).JPGIMG_0749 (resized).JPG

IMG_0748 (resized).JPGIMG_0748 (resized).JPG

#4259 7 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

I just realized this is what you did grinder. Where did you get the file for just the patrons inside ?

That's all Mr Tantrum. He provided a waterslide decal that worked perfect. I had never used one so it took me like three tries to get it right. Next, thanks to him, I'll put a brick decal on the front of the shop then apply the patrol cars on top of the bricks for some depth to the mod.

I too used Comet matrix lighting under my plastics. I also could not decide which bumper body and cap to go with. I tend to go a bit over board....

IMG_8774 (resized).JPGIMG_8774 (resized).JPG

IMG_8776 (resized).JPGIMG_8776 (resized).JPG

#4260 7 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

Dropped the shifter assy, etc in the electrostatic, so all the hardware looks minty new again.

I need to do that to mine. The lever isn't in the middle position, it's always down so I have to look into that too. Beatmaster is making me his shooter plate light up so when that comes would be a good time to look into that problem.

#4261 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

The lever isn't in the middle position, it's always down so I have to look into that too.

Its an extremely simple mech. More than likely its just the spring that needs replacing.

#4262 7 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

Its an extremely simple mech. More than likely its just the spring that needs replacing.

That's what I'm thinking too. I better break out my sonic cleaner. What do you have in yours for cleaning this, Purple Power?

#4263 7 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

Hey Mr Tantrum, would you be able to separate the images on your donut heaven file so that we would be able to print the people in the background and the cop cars separately ? Id like to try printing the people on colored film to put inside the building to replace the blue film that is currently inside and then do the exterior cars seperately.

What would be your format preference (PNG, JPEG, etc.)?

I can separate the elements and add to zip file on my download site.

#4264 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Yes the long frosted ones look better I think.

Yes, most definitely the white cool frosted ones as they diffuse the light much better, and the light looks much cleaner/brighter than the warm white.

#4265 7 years ago

No, definitely not warm unless you want it to look old style. I highly recommend natural (cool) white.

#4266 7 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

Looks great. In your pics I can see you need new target foam, these can be changed without replacing the switch. http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=410

Yes, thank you. I will have to put this on my next order.

#4267 7 years ago
Quoted from Ben1981:

This thread rocks! Was so close to selling my beautiful getaway, but had an awesome time playing yesterday and got second thoughts. Today i visited this thread after months and found so many ideas to spice up my machine that it's not going to leave soon
Going to order some more led strips and gi lights tomorrow! Definitely want to switch the GI back to white, do the hairpin lights and also fabricate the new plastics on top of the left traffic light targets. My machine is really beautiful, lots of flasher strips already installed but the GI is so darn dark, gonna change that!
So many creative ways to mod in this thread, thanks to everyone, really enjoying it
Cheers

Looks very nice, but you definitely need to brighten that baby up!

#4268 7 years ago

I decided to replace my regular post sleeves with thin silicone ones from Pinball Life http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=4416 (Titan carries a version too, but I was already ordering from PL). I like the looks of them much better than the fat ones and they play great. Also, makes the game a little more challenging on missed SC hits where the ball goes part way up then comes back down. With regular sleeves it always catches the ball and routes it into the right flipper. However, the thin ones do not catch as many balls and thus you are at greater risk of draining down the center when you hit a bad shot.

I also decided to go to all red where I had red, yellow, and green previously. I ordered all 3 colors in case I change my mind in the new thins, but I'm in a red mood (must be Christmas).

IMG_0418.JPGIMG_0418.JPG

#4269 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

That's what I'm thinking too. I better break out my sonic cleaner. What do you have in yours for cleaning this, Purple Power?

I dont have a cleaner. I just took mine apart and completely cleaned and polished all the parts by hand.

#4270 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

What would be your format preference (PNG, JPEG, etc.)?

I can separate the elements and add to zip file on my download site.

Thanks Mr T. whatever format is easiest to print on a standard desktop. I dont know a lot about computer formats.

#4271 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

No, definitely not warm unless you want it to look old style. I highly recommend natural (cool) white.

Thanks. Going to go with bright white.

#4272 7 years ago

Just finished my last mod of the weekend after receiving the LED strip recommended by MustangPaul from China. Borrowed from MP, this is a cool mod for lighting up the inside of the supercharger. I believe he connected his to the left SC flasher, but I chose to connect to the center flasher which is referred to as "supercharger" in menu. This flasher blinks everytime the ball makes a SC loop.

To install, I cut the strip to length, applied double sided tape to the back, cut tape to width of strip, adhered to SC loop, and then tapped into middle flasher on SC. In my case, I soldered alligator clips to the wires on the LED strip and was able to securely clip on the existing wires/leads where they were soldered to the contacts on the circuit board of the middle SC flasher. this way the job is not permenant and easily detachable if I need to remove/work on SC for any reason.

IMG_0419.JPGIMG_0419.JPG
IMG_0420.JPGIMG_0420.JPG

Here is a video to see it in action:

#4273 7 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

Thanks Mr T. whatever format is easiest to print on a standard desktop. I dont know a lot about computer formats.

Just added isolated cop cars (both types), patrons (regular and reversed), and white brick to Donut Heaven file on site for download: http://www.thezumwaltfamily.com/getawaypinball

#4274 7 years ago
Quoted from Ben1981:

Cheers

BTW, I think some pins are created to have darker playfields and they look great that way. However, IMHO, Getaway is not one of those. It already has a good light show and brightening it up just adds that much more to the overall experience.

#4275 7 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

That's all Mr Tantrum. He provided a waterslide decal that worked perfect. I had never used one so it took me like three tries to get it right. Next, thanks to him, I'll put a brick decal on the front of the shop then apply the patrol cars on top of the bricks for some depth to the mod.
I too used Comet matrix lighting under my plastics. I also could not decide which bumper body and cap to go with. I tend to go a bit over board....

Now those are some funny pics! Looks like you're all set for about 10 pins or so.

#4276 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I need to do that to mine. The lever isn't in the middle position, it's always down so I have to look into that too. Beatmaster is making me his shooter plate light up so when that comes would be a good time to look into that problem.

I've seen pics of that mod before, and it looks cool. Please post pics of yours when you get it installed. Should look great with your leg light mod.

#4277 7 years ago
Quoted from TheOnlyest:

I did this yesterday, what a PITA!!! And that playfield is a whole LOT heavier than it looks!! Dropped the shifter assy, etc in the electrostatic, so all the hardware looks minty new again. Also clean, repaint black and add a carbon fiber wrap to the inside of the cab. Turned out pretty good! Full playfield teardown and shop next week... Planning to add some GI lights, and finally paint that big dumb chrome thing BLACK!

TheOnlyest tell me about the box fan. You added that, right? I don't have one. Where I think I need cooling is in the back box. Gets warm back there.

#4278 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Just finished my last mod of the weekend after receiving the LED strip recommended by MustangPaul from China. Borrowed from MP, this is a cool mod for lighting up the inside of the supercharger. I believe he connected his to the left SC flasher, but I chose to connect to the center flasher which is referred to as "supercharger" in menu. This flasher blinks everytime the ball makes a SC loop.
To install, I cut the strip to lenght, applied double sided tape to the back, cut to width, adhered to SC loop, and then tapped into middel flasher on SC.

Please send me the link and the info to get this done. I would live to do this to my getaway

#4279 7 years ago
Quoted from cavalier88z24:

Please send me the link and the info to get this done. I would live to do this to my getaway

Here are links:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-club-dispatch-run-a-make-on-license-plate-kingpin/page/77#post-3439918

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-club-dispatch-run-a-make-on-license-plate-kingpin/page/78#post-3440558

FYI, they were cheap enough, so I bought 2 just to be on the safe side since they are coming from China.

#4280 7 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

I want to give a big shout out to Mr Tantrum. If he wanted to he could make some side coin doing these things for us.
I wanted to keep the Donut Heaven building but add a little bit more life to it. So I put patrol cars outside and the patrons on the inside. It's just about right.
Thanks man!

BTW, meant to ask something . . . can't you run the wire from the light up from the bottom instead of through the roof to get rid of that bulge? Personally, I would do this and cover the wires with white electrical tape up against the back inside wall of the DH. Other option would be to cut/melt/Dremmel a slot just below the back center roof line and route wire through from outside that to prevent bulge.

#4281 7 years ago
Quoted from Charger500:

theonlyest tell me about the box fan. You added that, right? I don't have one. Where I think I need cooling is in the back box. Gets warm back there.

Uhm, why do I not see any power wires coming out of that fan you installed next to the power supply? I assume that is some version of a standard 5V computer fan?

#4282 7 years ago

Thanks mr t.

#4283 7 years ago

Would love to offer you my extra one I ended up not using, but would cost me a lot more than $3.80 with shipping to get to you. Actually, I was kind of surprised as it took right at 3 weeks (21 days) from the time I ordered to arrive - much quicker than expected.

#4284 7 years ago

One more thing, and I am done for the night. I don't mean to dominate this thread with all of my postings, but hopefully I've had some meaningful/positive things to offer. I did a ton of mods this weekend, figuratively speaking, and just wanted to share with everyone since I have gotten so many great ideas myself from others here.

Also, it is great to see both brand new and reawakened posters to the Getaway club thread recently. I realize for several of you this may just be one of many pins you own, but for me this is my first and only at this point. I'm having a great time learning about pinball, putting my personal touches on my machine, and spending time in the forums. Once I finish everything on this pin that I want to do then I'll mellow out a little, but when my next pin acquisition occurs then I'm sure members of that forum had better watch out!

#4285 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I'm sure that once I finish everything on this pin that I'll mellow out a little

There is always one more mod to do.

#4286 7 years ago
Quoted from Charger500:

theonlyest tell me about the box fan. You added that, right? I don't have one. Where I think I need cooling is in the back box. Gets warm back there.

The bucket-head I bought the machine from added that fan, I disconnected the wires and disabled it the same day I brought it home. Its a 120v fan and is really loud and completely unnecessary. One of these days i'll get a piece of mesh to cover the hole and remove it, but i'ts pretty low on my priority list.
I was wondering who'd be the first to ask about the dumb fan!! lol

#4287 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

To install, I cut the strip to length, applied double sided tape to the back, cut tape to width of strip, adhered to SC loop, and then tapped into middel flasher on SC. In my case, I soldered alligator clips to the wires on the LED strip and was able to securely clip on the existing wires/leads where they were soldered to the contacts on the circuit board of the middle SC flasher. this way the job is not permenant and easily detachable if I need to remove/work on SC for any reason.

Here is a video to see it in action: » YouTube video

I just love those strips, I wish they made them in 6v.

#4288 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I've seen pics of that mod before, and it looks cool. Please post pics of yours when you get it installed. Should look great with your leg light mod.

I sure will post some and I think I still have some clear plastic hex head bolts to mount the shooter plate left over from my frosted clear BF gun shooter so the heads will light up too. I've been so busy making other Pinsiders Leg Light-Ups that I haven't gotten around making them for the rest of my games, Getaway being one of them. I'll do them in red to match the shooter plate.

#4289 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

One more thing, and I am done for the night. I don't mean to dominate this thread with all of my postings, but hopefully I've had some meaningful/positive things to offer. I did a ton of mods this weekend, figuratively speaking, and just wanted to share with everyone since I have gotten so many great ideas myself from others here.
Also, it is great to see both brand new and reawakened posters to the Getaway club thread recently. I realize for several of you this may just be one of many pins you own, but for me this is my first and only at this point. I'm having a great time learning about pinball, putting my personal touches on my machine, and spending time in the forums. Once I finish everything on this pin that I want to do then I'll mellow out a little, but when my next pin acquisition occurs then I'm sure members of that forum had better watch out!

Don't give it a second thought, we're in the club to talk about the game so it's all good.

#4290 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

BTW, meant to ask something . . . can't you run the wire from the light up from the bottom instead of through the roof to get rid of that bulge? Personally, I would do this and cover the wires with white electrical tape up against the back inside wall of the DH. Other option would be to cut/melt/Dremmel a slot just below the back center roof line and route wire through from outside that to prevent bulge.

Hmm I'll def take a look at that. It's possible they ran the wire on the outside to prevent it interfering with the wire form. Not sure.

#4291 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Here are some red strips. https://www.amazon.com/Generic-Computer-Lighting-Non-waterproof-6000-6500K/dp/B01G572CIE/ref=pd_sbs_201_6

After reading your post again, I think you are looking for a specific type of strip in 6 volt.

#4292 7 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

Here are some red strips. amazon.com link »

Not the same, still to wide and not enough leds per inch.

#4293 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

FYI, I tested these (your original strip) on 6v by connecting to GI socket and they worked well. A little dimmer, but still acceptly bright to me given density of SMDs.

#4294 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Yeah, figured you knew exactly what you were looking for.

#4295 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Does Comet nbot carry something like this?

#4296 7 years ago

I have a pinduino coming, I think I may try to get a chasing sequence going around the supercharger triggered by the optos as the ball goes around. Seems like it is easier to find RGB addressable led strips in 5volt than just a standard color.

#4297 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Finally, here's a pic with everything installed an put back together.

Mr T, perhaps it's just the photo but am I seeing your wire form ramp coming from the hair pin turn correctly? It looks like you have the top inserted into the bottom holes

#4298 7 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

Mr T, perhaps it's just the photo but am I seeing your wire form ramp coming from the hair pin turn correctly? It looks like you have the top inserted into the bottom holes

That's a keen observation, and thank you for saying something . . . I am still such a newb! Case of good at taking things apart, but not so good putting back together. Funny thing is that when I first played after getting it all reassembled I felt something was not right about the hairpin tun even though it worked, but I could not put my finger on it.

Update: Just got it fixed, much better now.

#4299 7 years ago
Quoted from SUPERBEE:

Does Comet nbot carry something like this?

No, they do not. The key is how thin this strip is so that it does not interfere with the ball. Also, the density of the SMDs is important to the appearance.

#4300 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

No, they do not. The key is how thin this strip is so that it does not interfere with the ball. Also, the density of the SMDs is important to the appearance.

Can you share the link where you got that "special strip"?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
There are 13,738 posts in this topic. You are on page 86 of 275.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getaway-club-dispatch-run-a-make-on-license-plate-kingpin/page/86 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.