20240413_220236 (resized).jpg
20240413_220239 (resized).jpg
20240413_220233 (resized).jpg
20240413_220215 (resized).jpg
20240413_220225 (resized).jpg
20240413_220229 (resized).jpg
20240413_220209 (resized).jpg
20240413_220211 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gizzard.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#355 10 years ago

My first pin and it will stay till the end. It's a love hate machine but if you could score an average of 140,000 you would love it!

image.jpgimage.jpg

9 months later
#2366 10 years ago

image-461.jpgimage-461.jpg My solar city I wish I was able to keep

2 months later
#2727 9 years ago

Just got this 4square on a trade and I'm so happy I did. What a great game! It's a very plain playfield but it gets addicting. Love I art. I wonder why the playfield art is so blank? It has some mechanical issues but I fixed quite a few. The one last issue is whatever number I hit. The number two also goes off. It makes the game easier but why?
In the end I'm very happy

image-472.jpgimage-472.jpg
#2730 9 years ago

Thanks guys I appreciate it. I'll give it a shot, j jut haven't able I check it out yet.

#2736 9 years ago

So ya had to ruin my glory and excitement by posting your astro............ Thanks. : p. Yeah astro def has a great playfield and backglass. Both games are really fun to play. I love the special..........at least I get replays. I mean once I roll the game a twice within five balls what the heck would I do with an add a ball. ; ) ? Oh yeah the playfield art! Ya gotta have nice art to have this in a add a ball version. ; p. I'm just joking astro is a kick ass pin

#2739 9 years ago

Just picked up my big deal today. I'm so happy! Glad to see the cabinet in pretty good condition underneath the plastic. Now how to remove the paint from the backbox

image-585.jpgimage-585.jpg
image-106.jpgimage-106.jpg
image-843.jpgimage-843.jpg

image-82.jpgimage-82.jpg
#2761 9 years ago

@ johnnymg. Wow that is a beautiful machine!!! I would not believe my eyes if I owned that machine. How do you like it as a player?

#2762 9 years ago

@jimmyb. I'd like to see closer shots of that ring. There was a guy in Lancaster selling one and it's waay out of my league. Awesome though

#2801 9 years ago

image-522.jpgimage-522.jpg. Wedgeheads wedged! Gotta get another gottlieb to keep it going.

#2809 9 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

i like the pattern of reverse wedgie/wedgie...
what is the one in the corner? i can't see it well enough on my screen...

Oh it's a williams double barrel.

#2813 9 years ago

Wow great games. I'd love to play that klondike

#2827 9 years ago

Looks like a fun machine. Art work is very cool

#2849 9 years ago

Picked up a abracadabra on sat. He had it listed for 800 and I got him down to 650. It's in amazing shape with a perfect backglass and a amazing playfield. It's really a great machine I've been wanting one for awhile. This is a keeper for sure

image-780.jpgimage-780.jpg image-61.jpgimage-61.jpg image-893.jpgimage-893.jpg image-253.jpgimage-253.jpg image-64.jpgimage-64.jpg image-629.jpgimage-629.jpg
#2871 9 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

anyone get the el dorado he was selling also

Yeah some guy got it the same day for 650. The playfield was a little rough and had a bad paint touch up toward the lower set of drop targets. The backglass had some lifting.

The acd playfield is near perfect. And cleaned up w no swerels. The backglass is perfect. I think it was worth the 650 I paid for it

#2873 9 years ago

I ended up getting a 4 square in a trade for a Mata Hari I had. Dare I say I like 4 square more? Granted to art isn't as good but man I love the gameplay.

Lol I think the story behind the 4 square is about doing mescaline. ."micro dots". And your playing on a blank playfield which is the normal world and your trying to collect all the micro dots. Once all collected you go into the other psychedelic relm. I guess that's the magic or art and how you interpret it.

#2915 9 years ago

Picked up a gottlieb sheriff for 250 yesterday. Man this thing had some mechanical issues but now he runs great. I've been wanting to play this playfield for awhile and it's pretty darn fan. Gotta lotta tweakin to do

image-99.jpgimage-99.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg image-7.jpgimage-7.jpg
#2924 9 years ago

>Gizz, you're really on a roll! You stole that game! Nice! You're up to _ games now, and had _ games two months ago.

Yeah I got 5 games (big deal, 4square, beat the clock, acd, sheriff) and sold four(Mata Hari, firepower, solar city and thoro bred.

So I had 8 and now I'm at nine.

I'm just going bat shit crazy for EM machines! If I see a deal on old williams or any EM gottlieb I'm on it.

#2926 9 years ago

Well I kinda regret selling any machine( except my solid states) but I look at what I have now and I really think I honed down what type of game I really like. Triple action was cool. I was able to get three of the four targets down with one shot. Spinner was cool and I loved the art. Am I happier with the machines I have now? Heck yeah. Do I regret selling it no but I may end up wi it again if it crosses my path.

#2929 9 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Gotta say, as an EM guy, if I had the space, one of the early SS games I'd love to own would be "Firepower". And, I love "Mata Hari" too. Did you sell the "Thoro-Bred" to "cantbefrank"? He was thinking about buying one; just wondering if he got yours. Well, you're doing it the way it should be done; selling the ones you don't want to make room for the ones you want. Some of the Williams titles are definitely great games; "Teacher's Pet" for one, and there are many others. You got the fever bad, but it's great, isn't it? "ACD" is such a hot game lately. I had to add it to my wanted list. If it happens, it happens. Happy hunting!

I ended up selling the thoro bred to a guy on craigslist for 450. He really got a deal on it cause it was in pristine condition cause it was in the same house since 1967. See I end up selling games cheap cause another one pops up and I can't spend any more money into the hobby. Firepower is a great game. It's a must have. I had it for three years and just didn't play it. I sold it to get my acd. And yes I'm very happy with the switch. But if I see a firepower in the wild ill play some games on it.

Yeah I have the fever bad. I love it though....it's def a drug. The hunt, the deal, the bringing back to life,the feeling of figuring something out, and the game play is what brings me back for more.

1 month later
#2997 9 years ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

Just picked up my 1st EM pin today!

DSCN0790.JPG 246 KB

That's awesome! I've been wanting to get my hads on that one for awhile. I hope ya like it. And if ya wanna sell it ; ) let me know. I love me my reverse wedges. One of mine the (beat the clock) was painted and I used magic eraser and some alcohol and it came off and the original paint wasn't bad at all.

image-963.jpgimage-963.jpg image-263.jpgimage-263.jpg image-362.jpgimage-362.jpg
#3002 9 years ago

Just picked up a slick chick from D.C. I got home from 950 to 700. It's I'm really nice condition. The guy was 60 and it was in his family's house where I bought it since he was fifteen. All original paperwork and everything. I was very sad to let it go I never experienced that before. Well it's going to a good home I can say that

image-191.jpgimage-191.jpg image-589.jpgimage-589.jpg image-606.jpgimage-606.jpg image-328.jpgimage-328.jpg
#3005 9 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

Nice theft I mean score! Congratulations you will love this game. There is a reason this guy held on to this machine for 45 years besides memories......it was the game play!

Thanks man. Yeah it really was a good deal IMO. He said people made him better offers but I was the first one. I really lucked out. Can't wait to play it all cleaned up. This is a keeper for sure

Quoted from jrpinball:

Wow! Nice score. That pin is schweeeeet! Where was it listed?

It was in the md, craigslist

#3007 9 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

looks good! now pull the pb mylar rings off and see what is under them
I will keep my fingers crossed that it is not to bad

Well I was expecting worse. It's all on the backside of the bumpers. What would you rate it?

image-166.jpgimage-166.jpg image-584.jpgimage-584.jpg image-434.jpgimage-434.jpg image-160.jpgimage-160.jpg image-908.jpgimage-908.jpg
#3013 9 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

yes I have seen much worse! they were put on to help the machine not hide major wear.
nice machine
remember I am not to far if you need any help with it

I really appreciate it. It's in pretty good shape I just have to go over everything. I'm going to really take your advise and really take my time. I have a issue where all the pops not working for the chick sequence. Hard to explain. I'll let you know. Thanks again

Quoted from jrpinball:"Can easily be touched up with a Sharpie".

Yeah I think I'm going to leave the playfield as it is. I just think for me it's in a condition where I rather say it's all original than "yeah I touched it up a little" but it would be a pretty simple fix

Quoted from Shapeshifter:Looks a very nice original.
Any more photos??

Once I get it all pretty I'll post more. Is there something you would like to see? I was going to take a pic of the play meter but it says 10,000 plays but I'm sure it was rolled

#3015 9 years ago
Quoted from Retropin:

Oh my.. nice Slick Chick. If you want it rated as asked then the rating is "slightly played".. what you have is what all classic EM collectors want.. a great player with minimal wear. The ultimate machine is to find a great player that has not been played that much.. you have one. Leave the bloody thing alone!

Lol awesome! Well said

#3021 9 years ago
Quoted from PhilC:

How is that Beat the Clock as a player? It's one I have never played. I love the old Williams games, they are just so hard to find in nice shape.

Man I really enjoy playing it. To me this is the best sounding bells of any of my machines. The play is different than anything I played. The locked ball in the middle of the playfield that shoots down for multiball always throws me off. The the way the flippers are also give it a feel all it's own. I love it. If you like early 60s williams I say get it. But your not getting mine: )

2 weeks later
#3046 9 years ago

Ohhhhhh man I'd like to get that Gigi. (Drool) after getting that slick chick iooove them bumpers! Congrats on finally getting that flying carpet!

3 weeks later
#3075 9 years ago

Just got my buckaroo. Finally! It's got a long wa to go but at least it's fully working. This a really fun game! It's pretty tough getting the 1-7 on the spinner. This is prolly the first machine with a spinner I really like
image-855.jpgimage-855.jpg
image-515.jpgimage-515.jpg
image-398.jpgimage-398.jpg

#3077 9 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

We call that a roto target. We call spinning targets spinners.
Congrats on the Buckaroo - great game.

Oh man I knew that. Thanks! Ha ha it even says roto target on the machine. My goof

3 weeks later
#3154 9 years ago

Picked up a Central Park over the weekend. It gets mixed reviews but it's a real blast to play once you get used to the machine. Even though it's hard as nails to get the specials it makes you want to play it that much more.

image-613.jpgimage-613.jpg
2 months later
#3458 9 years ago

Picked up this rolldown flipper less machine. You actually roll the ball down the playfield glass to the playfield. I thought I was crazy to buy it but it's actually very addictive. image-252.jpgimage-252.jpgimage-688.jpgimage-688.jpgimage-127.jpgimage-127.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

#3476 9 years ago

Finally received my gottlieb universe. It really cleaned up nice. I still have things to do on ot but it plays like a champ

image.jpgimage.jpg image-963.jpgimage-963.jpg image-290.jpgimage-290.jpg image-315.jpgimage-315.jpg image-719.jpgimage-719.jpg
#3479 9 years ago

>Please give me some info about how Universe plays. I love the look of her. Just like to know how she handles.
Also, I see you have a Sunshine. I got one in the garage waiting to be fixed. What do you think of that game as well?

Well as far as universe. When I first played it I played it I played it without any rules set involved and I was like meh. It was good but was afraid it wasn't going to hold my attention long. once I learned the rules: obtaining 1-8, gobble hole bonus, and gaining "trips" around the world it became a lot of fun. What's really like how the top rollovers are fanned across spaced with the flippers. Since it's not straight across it hard to get some of the rollovers even with nudging. It's hard to get the middle rollovers even with a skil shot. Then since the fan of rollovers at the bottom of the game is going in the opposite direction the ball falls towards the middle and not the sides like the top. The knocker goes wild on this game. Also I like how the ball is basically constantly moving. There is a lot of room on the playfield which I like. I'm not into stuffy games wih big roto targets in the middle to slow things down. On top of it all the art is kicks ass! It's def going to stay in my collection. It def has my attention.

Sunshine....... Well. He concept is awesome. I really like the interaction between the playfield and backglass. I like how the gobble holes sync up w the roto and the top rollovers. The playfield layout is pretty lame. It just doesn't flow the way I would like it. I just don't get the feeling of excitement from the flow of the ball like universe does. Like I said the concept is cool but gameplay is average.

But your talking to a guy who sold his buckaroo but kept his Central Park out of the two. I'm also not a fan of sing along. So really who am I.

#3491 9 years ago

Wow spot bowler is amazing!!

1 month later
#3809 9 years ago

Here is most of my woodrails, jack n jill, world champ, universe, flying trapeze silver, coronation, singapore roll down, wagon train, and minstrel man, image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

#3813 9 years ago

Oh man if it has good flippers it's a blast to play. If you have a phobia of woodrail this will change your mind 100%. The flow is a lot of fun. I will not be getting rid of this machine anytime soon

#3818 9 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

I am starting to think my Surf Side has better artwork (better gameplay as well) than the 6500 dollar MSRP Whoa Nellie machine. All at less than 1/4th the cost.

Yeah I was thinking of getting a woah nellie but your right there are far better machines that need to be brought back to life that are probably better. Plus your stuck with circuit boards and I'm over getting those things fixed.

Quoted from Drano:Love Universe. Wish I could find a nice local one.
Heading to Allentown in a few weeks. Hopefully will find something interesting there. Just sold my restored Williams Heat Wave so I am down one EM and need to restore balance.
My EM grail is still a 53 GTB Spot Bowler but they are few and far between
If any of you guys are going down to Allentown I'm planning to bring down a 1960 Williams Official Baseball that I am restoring right now and my HUO 1977 Interflip Dragon (257 plays on it when I found it last October!).
Happy to give the EM guys here first crack. PM me if interested.

I'm going to Allentown. I live 20 min away. Maybe I'll bring it to the show. It's really nice so I would be a little nervous bringing it. How much does a universe fetch now a days?

#3903 9 years ago

Picked up this pretty rare roy Parker williams majorettes.. Picked it up for 200. I wonder how many were really made.

image.jpgimage.jpg image-896.jpgimage-896.jpg
#3915 9 years ago
Quoted from poppapin:

Was that the one in Lancaster? If so, it cleaned up nice!!

Yeah that's the one. lol it was def a barn find. It was so dirty but it really cleaned up. I really wanted this machine and I knew I prolly wouldn't find another so I jumped on it, I appreciate the compliment. I still have more to do but its a start

2 months later
#4590 8 years ago

Just had this Gottlieb Dragonette delivered cross country from Arizona to Pa and man was it worth it!!
I purchased it from Benetboy78 here on pinside and it is exactly what I expected. What a great guy to deal with. He even thru in a repro backglass for free. Talking about pinball carma. She is a bute with just a little touch up and she is off to the races. It helps that Russ from pi rescue is the one who shopped out the machine a few years back. This is a gem.

image.jpgimage.jpg image-775.jpgimage-775.jpg image-833.jpgimage-833.jpg image-456.jpgimage-456.jpg
#4609 8 years ago
Quoted from oldcarz:

Yep, and according to the IPDB: " 'Dragonette' artwork satirized the popular 'Dragnet' television show.
David Gottlieb hired singer Jessica Dragonette to appear at coin machine functions. However, Michael Gottlieb informs us that his father Alvin remembers no correlation between her and the Dragonette pinball machine, and that this pinball machine was purely a spoof of Dragnet."
Similar to GizzArd, I got my Dragonette from a nearby Pinsider (thank you Harry), and also had our mutual friend Russ/Pinrescue, help to detail it and get 100% after being moved.
As o-din verifies, it's a one-more-time game and can hold you for a long time. Great game, GizzArd and I wish you and all the other owners best of luck with their's.
Since most of my machines have had Russ' hands in them, I give an acknowledgement for his assistance in the videos I make...
» Vimeo video

Oh woow thanks for the reply. Yeah it really is quite the player. Russ did such a amazing job on this machine.

The trap holes really change the geography of the playfield. Once filled the ball in play travels differently causing change in the game. Getting the 1-8 is a lot of fun and the center special rollover is tough as nails to get in. It def has its play it again factor that's for sure.

Oh by the way I watched your video a million times cause I was so excited to get this machine.

This machines convinces me to save my money for the better machines and not waste my time getting the others. It's that good

3 months later
#5154 8 years ago

My green pastures I'm selling 2500.

image.jpegimage.jpeg

image_2.jpegimage_2.jpeg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Pin Art

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Yucca Valley, CA
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Bay Shore, NY
$ 65.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 24.98
Hardware
Gameroom Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Placerville, CA
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 15.00
Lighting
Space Coast Pinball

$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gizzard.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/em-show-us-your-em-pinball-machines?tu=gizzard and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.