IMG_9534.jpg
IMG_9537.jpg
IMG_9536.jpg
20240112_224157 (resized).jpg
20230522_161842 (resized).jpg
20230522_161836 (resized).jpg
20230522_154448 (resized).jpg
20230522_154506 (resized).jpg

There are 13,743 posts in this topic. You are on page 77 of 275.
#3801 9 years ago
Quoted from jodini:

I missed that one...your stealing from my own backyard! HA!

Sorry man... I went to high school in Omaha and college in Lincoln - does that help my cause at all?? It seems like more machines pop up there than down here. I'm not sure if that's right or not, but it sure seems that way.

#3802 9 years ago

I figured I would share a video of my newly acquired 1967 Gottlieb Surf Side and have Odin drool in the process. You can bump the quality all the way up to 2160p resolution. Enjoy!

#3803 9 years ago

He's not here.

#3804 9 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

I figured I would share a video of my newly acquired 1967 Gottlieb Surf Side and have Odin drool in the process. You can bump the quality all the way up to 2160p resolution. Enjoy!

Quoted from o-din:

He's not here.

I smell a rat...once again.......but it's not o-din.

Ken

#3805 9 years ago

ben.jpegben.jpeg

#3806 9 years ago
_nihm1.jpg_nihm1.jpg
#3807 9 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

» YouTube video

Plays as nice as it looks-a real keeper!!

#3808 9 years ago

Thank you Wayne!

#3809 9 years ago

Here is most of my woodrails, jack n jill, world champ, universe, flying trapeze silver, coronation, singapore roll down, wagon train, and minstrel man, image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

#3810 9 years ago

That's a great lineup GizzArd-congrats.

#3811 9 years ago
Quoted from GizzArd:

Here is most of my woodrails, jack n jill, world champ, universe, flying trapeze silver, coronation, singapore roll down, wagon train, and minstrel man

Beautiful machines! I especially love the "Universe". The artwork and backglass animation look really neat. How is it to play?

#3812 9 years ago

My Universe plays great! It sure is perty.

#3813 9 years ago

Oh man if it has good flippers it's a blast to play. If you have a phobia of woodrail this will change your mind 100%. The flow is a lot of fun. I will not be getting rid of this machine anytime soon

#3814 9 years ago
Quoted from GizzArd:

Oh man if it has good flippers it's a blast to play. If you have a phobia of woodrail this will change your mind 100%. The flow is a lot of fun. I will not be getting rid of this machine anytime soon

Love see a row of woodrails

#3815 9 years ago

I am starting to think my Surf Side has better artwork (better gameplay as well) than the 6500 dollar MSRP Whoa Nellie machine. All at less than 1/4th the cost.

#3816 9 years ago

Or any of the other machines in this thread. Especially those woodys!

#3817 9 years ago
Quoted from GizzArd:

Here is most of my woodrails, jack n jill, world champ, universe, flying trapeze silver, coronation, singapore roll down, wagon train, and minstrel man

Love Universe. Wish I could find a nice local one.

Heading to Allentown in a few weeks. Hopefully will find something interesting there. Just sold my restored Williams Heat Wave so I am down one EM and need to restore balance.

My EM grail is still a 53 GTB Spot Bowler but they are few and far between

If any of you guys are going down to Allentown I'm planning to bring down a 1960 Williams Official Baseball that I am restoring right now and my HUO 1977 Interflip Dragon (257 plays on it when I found it last October!).

#3818 9 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

I am starting to think my Surf Side has better artwork (better gameplay as well) than the 6500 dollar MSRP Whoa Nellie machine. All at less than 1/4th the cost.

Yeah I was thinking of getting a woah nellie but your right there are far better machines that need to be brought back to life that are probably better. Plus your stuck with circuit boards and I'm over getting those things fixed.

Quoted from Drano:Love Universe. Wish I could find a nice local one.
Heading to Allentown in a few weeks. Hopefully will find something interesting there. Just sold my restored Williams Heat Wave so I am down one EM and need to restore balance.
If any of you guys are going down to Allentown I'm planning to bring down a 1960 Williams Official Baseball that I am restoring right now and my HUO 1977 Interflip Dragon (257 plays on it when I found it last October!).
Happy to give the EM guys here first crack. PM me if interested.

I'm going to Allentown. I live 20 min away. Maybe I'll bring it to the show. It's really nice so I would be a little nervous bringing it. How much does a universe fetch now a days?

#3819 9 years ago
Quoted from Drano:

Love Universe. Wish I could find a nice local one.
Happy to give the EM guys here first crack. PM me if interested.

Glad I have never played Spot Bowler as wouldn't want to add another game to my wishlist

#3820 9 years ago

Just finished cleaning and tweaking one of the newer acquisitions in my stable: 1960 Williams Nags. I rearranged the machines in the basement to create a hossie theme - El Dorado, Nags, Derby Day next to the 1950 Bally Grandstand glass.

Really clean machine, perfectly acceptable cabinet scratches/playfield wear and plays strong. These games are quite temperamental with all the mechanical activity and fortunately I have two local friends who also own one and were able to help me fine tune it.

I also want to give a shout out thanks to nearby collector and Pinsider, Znet, who initially turned me on to the seller of this Nags, the Knock Out and the Flying Turns.

I made a little video:

n1-19.jpgn1-19.jpg n3-429.jpgn3-429.jpg n2-644.jpgn2-644.jpg n4-346.jpgn4-346.jpg n6-86.jpgn6-86.jpg n7-216.jpgn7-216.jpg n5-911.jpgn5-911.jpg n8-467.jpgn8-467.jpg
#3821 9 years ago

That Nags is sweet!

#3822 9 years ago

great pin! i gotta play one, one of these days.

#3823 9 years ago
Quoted from oldcarz:

the seller of this Nags, the Knock Out and the Flying Turns

Hmm, what else do they have?

Nice Nags. Very motivating to see!

#3824 9 years ago

Cool! I've actually never come across this game, but very fun (and nice-looking) playfield and glass!

#3825 9 years ago
Quoted from oldcarz:

Just finished cleaning and tweaking one of the newer acquisitions in my stable: 1960 Williams Nags. I rearranged the machines in the basement to create a hossie theme - El Dorado, Nags, Derby Day next to the 1950 Bally Grandstand glass.
Really clean machine, perfectly acceptable cabinet scratches/playfield wear and plays strong. These games are quite temperamental with all the mechanical activity and fortunately I have two local friends who also own one and were able to help me fine tune it.
I also want to give a shout out thanks to nearby collector and Pinsider, Znet, who initially turned me on to the seller of this Nags, the Knock Out and the Flying Turns.
I made a little video: » YouTube video

n1-19.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
n3-429.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
n2-644.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
n4-346.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
n6-86.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
n7-216.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
n5-911.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
n8-467.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Nice pick up's

Jim has great games for sure.

#3826 9 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Nice pick up's
Jim has great games for sure.

Jim is also a great guy and a wonderful member of the pinball community.

#3827 9 years ago

Congrats on a great pin oldcarz. I just finished the artwork on a Nags platter for Steve in Texas.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nags-platter-repair#post-2308458
I'd love to play a nags one day. Nice to see how the platter works in that video.

#3828 9 years ago

United's Major League with "kickers", not flippers.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

#3829 9 years ago

I figure you guys read this quicker than any other EM topic so here goes a question. I have a 5 inch bell that is in really nice shape that I am stealing from Surf Side to put in the backbox animation of my Central Park. I want this thing to look like a brand new copper penny when I am finished. I have Brasso and rags but is there anything better to use? Any advice would be great.

#3830 9 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

United's Major League with "kickers", not flippers.

That is a beautiful machine! How does the diamond in the middle of the playfield work?

#3831 9 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

I figure you guys read this quicker than any other EM topic so here goes a question. I have a 5 inch bell that is in really nice shape that I am stealing from Surf Side to put in the backbox animation of my Central Park. I want this thing to look like a brand new copper penny when I am finished. I have Brasso and rags but is there anything better to use? Any advice would be great.

What about that chemical dip stuff. I do not remember the name. Use an old bowl, place the bell into the solution. Lift it out, rinse with water, then wax it. Silver, Brass, Copper, cleaner.

#3832 9 years ago

You mean CLR?

#3833 9 years ago

No. But, Brasso will work, just buff the bell evenly.

#3834 9 years ago
Quoted from peclark:

That is a beautiful machine! How does the diamond in the middle of the playfield work?

There is a popper that shoots up a ball representing the batter when you start the game. Hit a single, the field turns and puts the ball on first base, double second base, etc. and the runners advance on the backglass (lights) too. Hit a home run and the bases clear. Very cool and mesmerizing effect - I keep trying to catch the game "get it wrong", but the balls/runners on the playfield always match what is shown on the backglass. Fun seeing runners on 2nd/3rd, hitting a single and watching them score.

Cool touches on the backglass too - if you tilt, a picture of an umpire signaling that "You're Out!" is illuminated. And the pictures don't show the missing instruction card on the right for which I have a repro.

The reverse kickers on the top third of the PF take getting used to, but you can really get the pinball going between the two Single When Lit bumpers at the top and/or in the top kicker saucer.

This is actually the second ML I've had - found one in a Pensylvania warehouse about 20 years ago and don't remember paying much for it. Donated it to a fellow Pinsider who has a great collection of baseball pins after I got this one. From the two serial numbers we guess that there were at least 1500 made.

#3835 9 years ago

Dan - go to town with Mothers Mag Polish in paste form. $5 at Walmart or most any auto parts store. It will be all you need to bring a shine to that bell - that and some elbo grease. image.jpgimage.jpg

#3836 9 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

is there anything better to use?

Dip in Zep citrus degreaser first (available at Home Depot), then follow up with a polish using Mother's Mag&Alum (as above).

#3837 9 years ago

I got back late but I ran into Nicvolta and he recommended the Mothers Mag and aluminum polish as well. First picture is when I pulled the bell out. Second picture is after use of Brasso (This stuff smells like old cat litter urine amonia smell) Third and fourth picture were after use of Mothers M and A Polish! So nice! Thanks for the tips!

IMG_1604.JPGIMG_1604.JPG IMG_1609.JPGIMG_1609.JPG IMG_1613.JPGIMG_1613.JPG IMG_1614.JPGIMG_1614.JPG
#3838 9 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

Second picture is after use of Brasso (This stuff smells like old cat litter urine amonia smell)

Yep, that stuff smells bad. But why is the bell a silver color in photo 2? Lighting? The results look great.

#3839 9 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

Yep, that stuff smells bad. But why is the bell a silver color in photo 2? Lighting? The results look great.

I didn't know what I was doing with the Brasso compoud and I was in a very bright home depot store with the bell. Who knows..*shrug*

#3840 9 years ago

So I go to put the polished shiny 5 inch bell from Surf Side into Central Park. Come to find out the Central Park 5 inch bell in the monkey unit is proprietary because it has the bolt in the middle as part of the bell itself. The good news is what I thought was Gold paint was actually a very heavy 48 years of oxidation. 1 hour and 30 minutes later with Brasso and then Meguires Mag and Aluminum polish and the results are outstanding! The first two pictures are after pics and the third one is a before picture.

IMG_1620.JPGIMG_1620.JPG IMG_1618.JPGIMG_1618.JPG CP10.jpgCP10.jpg
#3841 9 years ago

And now you have 2 shiny bells

#3842 9 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

And now you have 2 shiny bells

I know right! When i rains it pours! Now I have a 5 inch shiny bell in the inside of Surf Side.

#3843 9 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

I know right! When i rains it pours! Now I have a 5 inch shiny bell in the inside of Surf Side.

hey, YOU know its all nice and shiny in there where nobody sees it... that works for me...

just because it isn't seen doesn't mean it doesn't deserve proper lovin'....

#3844 9 years ago
Quoted from Hyperball91:

Congrats on a great pin oldcarz. I just finished the artwork on a Nags platter for Steve in Texas.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nags-platter-repair#post-2308458
I'd love to play a nags one day. Nice to see how the platter works in that video.

Hyberball, The artwork that you made is outstanding! You are very talented and it will be immensely helpful for anyone restoring the machine. Great job.

Joel

#3845 9 years ago
Quoted from oldcarz:

Hyberball, The artwork that you made is outstanding! You are very talented and it will be immensely helpful for anyone restoring the machine. Great job.
Joel

mal is a credit to our little band of em brothers... he has spent heaven knows how many hours in recent months helping several people with stuff like this... bravo...

#3846 9 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

I, too, enjoy tweaking the bells.

Last year I added a 5 inch bell to the Slick Chick - not factory, but these machines were meant to be heard (and seen)!

Genco Springtime didn't come with a bell, but added one to the 10,000 unit and it sounds better.

Had to replace the one in the Riverboat...the old bell wasn't chiming as loudly as it should.

Wifey came through yesterday with a surprise gift for me. Found an 8 inch boxing bell at a nearby antique store/flea market. Just a tad too big to put in the machine, but it does make a healthy gong when you pull the chain.

As Christopher Walken says: "more cowbell....."

boxing bell.jpgboxing bell.jpg
#3847 9 years ago

a real boxing bell!!! WAY cool!!!

the discussion of retrofitting one of those into a machine came up recently... that would be a rather cool mod if it could be made to fit...

#3848 9 years ago

Joel,

Mal, just linked me to this thread. Your Nags is outstanding another reference point for my restore. Mal is helping me with the platter artwork. How the ball fires of the bumpers in the video has made my morning. Other Nags in YouTube videos were not quite as poppy, and concerned me, now I know what can be attained.

I bid on a Nags cabinet recently on eBay as the colors were still so good but it got too rich with shipping costs. I want to keep the paint as original as possible. I have a good game that will need some touch up so no big deal.

#3849 9 years ago

The bells the bells!

Hey Rat, you are turning into quite the restorer with that perseverance to get your bell up to standard. Well done, and I got to learn from the group something else. Win win win.

#3850 9 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

mal is a credit to our little band of em brothers... he has spent heaven knows how many hours in recent months helping several people with stuff like this... bravo...

Chris, Spot on, Mal is giving me a huge leg up with this work. I purchased Photoshop and illustrator and reached out to him for some guidance. I get advice, a friend and the platter wow!

Currently I am trying his patience with my nit picking, go figure! But isn't that what friends do?

Steve J.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
There are 13,743 posts in this topic. You are on page 77 of 275.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/em-show-us-your-em-pinball-machines/page/77 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.