Topic Stats

• 12,128 posts
  • 679 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 hours ago by bob_e
  • Topic is favorited by 185 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 7,948 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20191117_141652 (resized).jpg
20191117_140230 (resized).jpg
20191117_140237 (resized).jpg
20191117_140224 (resized).jpg
20191117_140217 (resized).jpg
IMG_3103 (resized).JPG
IMG_3102 (resized).JPG
IMG_20191110_193917187 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191024_154651251 (resized).jpg
AT2 (resized).jpg
AT1 (resized).jpg
20191110_181329 (resized).jpg
20191110_181312 (resized).jpg
20191108_140747 (resized).jpg
20191108_140157 (resized).jpg
20191108_135936 (resized).jpg

There are 12128 posts in this topic. You are on page 92 of 243.
#4551 4 years ago

And a plug for Evaporust. This is the upper glass frame piece before it took a bath in Evaporust. I don't have an after, but it came out about like the lockdown bar receiver in the pictures. And the lockdown bar receiver was about as rusty as this was.

This game looked like it had been in a flood. Every single stepper unit in the backbox has extensive rust all over the frames of each. But they still worked. Perfectly. So much for Bally is crap. This game was abused but it still played when I got it. It had straw and weeds and all kinds of crap inside it, the playfield was a disaster, but still it played. I eventually took them all apart and they got the bath too.

In the Evaporust thread guys claimed that if you didn't treat them after the bath, the rust would return quickly. It never did. Not on this one, on the Royal Guard I finished a couple of years ago, the Pinball Pool I finished last year, none of them.

It's not at all a great player, but I put so much time and effort into doing it (the first restore I did) that it was hard for me to sell it. It's a great looker, not a great player. The glass was almost mint. But I wanted something else and it was time to move it on. I learned a ton doing that game, thoughOE glass frame rust before.jpg

#4552 4 years ago

Very Sharp! Looks like the wood garin wear would be the toughest to emulate and match. Speaking of Bally...Do you have any original 2 plays for 25 cent cards. I don't want to repro it. I have every other card for my Fireball but this card. I am also on the look out for nickel 1 play , dime 2 plays and 5 plays for a quarter coin chute plastics. Right now I upgraded it from 2 quarters for one play (unrealistic for 1972) to 2 plays for one quarter with middle chute still untouched and plugged. I feel like doing a full 3 chute coin mech on this and be forced to put coins in it. It would look cool and it might be fun. If it is not fun to drop coins after awhile then it would still be cool. I would also have to locate the right coin mechs. It currently has two quarter mechs.

#4553 4 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

Very Sharp! Looks like the wood garin wear would be the toughest to emulate and match. Speaking of Bally...Do you have any original 2 plays for 25 cent cards. I don't want to repro it. I have every other card for my Fireball but this card. I am also on the look out for nickel 1 play , dime 2 plays and 5 plays for a quarter coin chute plastics. Right now I upgraded it from 2 quarters for one play (unrealistic for 1972) to 2 plays for one quarter with middle chute still untouched and plugged. I feel like doing a full 3 chute coin mech on this and be forced to put coins in it. It would look cool and it might be fun. If it is not fun to drop coins after awhile then it would still be cool. I would also have to locate the right coin mechs. It currently has two quarter mechs.

I don't, I'm sorry. I just checked all my cards for Surfer. I didn't think there would be one, that game was before they started stealing games for each quarter, that happened in the 70s. Any card I had for Odds and Evens went with the game.

You might not believe this, but check with PBR. Steve had a complete card set for Surfers. It wasn't cheap but I bought it. It has cards even for games that had the extra ball feature that had to be added on-you had to install an extra relay to have that feature and I don't have it on mine, just straight replay. He might have a card set for Fireball. It was popular enough.

#4554 4 years ago
Quoted from EMsInKC:

You might not believe this, but check with PBR. Steve had a complete card set for Surfers. It wasn't cheap but I bought it. It has cards even for games that had the extra ball feature that had to be added on-you had to install an extra relay to have that feature and I don't have it on mine, just straight replay. He might have a card set for Fireball. It was popular enough.

That would be awesome though it would suck to buy a complete set for one card even though I have a mint set already minus one card. There is an El Toro card set on ebay for 10 dollars. I asked the guy if it had the card I needed. Still waiting on a response.

#4555 4 years ago

So you're missing a card for Fireball and i'm missing all the 455 GE flashers in Surf Side. Hmmm......

#4556 4 years ago

The game never had any flashers in it except the buoy. The game was full of LEDs I took 100% of them out.

#4557 4 years ago

The buoy is cool. Bob is on his way over. Let's see if he can beat me tonight! Ya know, it's great to have a friend that can make it over here on a regular basis. Otherwise i might be staring at these machines all by my lonesome. We play the crap out of them.

#4558 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Ya know, it's great to have a friend that can make it over here on a regular basis.

You are blessed my friend. I wish I had one of those.

#4559 4 years ago
Quoted from EMsInKC:

This game looked like it had been in a flood.

When you metioned this game and it being in a flood and you being in the KC area I wonder if it might be the game that I had and traded about 15 years ago. It was an Odds & Evens that I traded from a neighbor at that time. Story goes it had been totally submerged in two separate floods. The back glass was basically perfect which amazed the heck out of me where the playfield and cabinet showed the exposure it had received. I traded it off to a friend who, if I recall correctly, got it running and sold it. Did you get the game in Stanley? If so, it is the same game.

I have no idea how far gone it was or how far he went with it after he got it running. But the comment of straw and weeds doesn't make sense unless it is a different game and coincidence that two Odds & Evens were totally submerged in this area.

Let me know when and where you got it.

#4560 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

My Slick Chick didn't last very long. It went the way of Buckaroo and KoD....

Yep... same here on all three, along with El Dorado and Atlantis and Jacks Open and Bank-A-Ball and Big Hit and Hit The Deck and Centigrade 37 and Top Card and... *gasp* so many "A listers"!

I LOVE the classic artwork. Has to be some of the best ever made, really. Buckaroo makes me smile just looking at it. But my main interest is in the geometry. What I can/can't do with those flippers and a little body english. What arcs and paths does the ball take to mesmerize and frustrate me? For me, that's the core of pinball. If it ain't there, it ain't there... but of course everyone's "there" isn't the same.

Which is why everything on IPDB is rated 7.something. :p

#4561 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

So you're missing a card for Fireball and i'm missing all the 455 GE flashers in Surf Side. Hmmm......

Found a box of GE #455's for you.

IMG_2130[1].JPG
#4562 4 years ago

Posted this initially about 10 days ago. She was a Craigslist pickup from New Hampshire. It was disgustingly filthy and completely inoperative. I've been at it 4-5 hours a night since bringing it home and I'm happy to say it's now running like a champ and looking a lot better. A new backglass from BGresto will finish it off, as the original is fractured into several pieces.

Before:

DSCN1220.JPG

After:

DSCN1264.JPG
DSCN1262.JPG

Flash shows off what the dark hides on the backglass Got a record of my first played game though!

DSCN1263.JPG

#4563 4 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

IMG_2130[1].JPG

Watch out there Odin. From the photo that Rat T. supplied, that is an incorrect box for GE Lamps, I think he is up to somethin'.

#4564 4 years ago

That's like the voltage regulator they sent me for a Chevy Luv once. On the box was written should be good. That was good for some laughs.

#4565 4 years ago

And quit dangling those Sea Rays. The legendary ashtray game.

#4566 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

So you're missing a card for Fireball

Not anymore...I had to buy a card set for Bally Flicker (I will never buy this game...*shrug* I guess never say never) It set me back 10 dollars plus *cough* 6 dollars in shipping (rip off) but look what card is displayed...

_sigh.JPG
#4567 4 years ago

If someone needs some nice shiny NOS cards for a Bally Flicker..lemme know.

#4568 4 years ago

What happened?

#4569 4 years ago

My 3 favorite. I have one more but couldn't fit into the picture. I've restored all 4 of themimage.jpg

#4570 4 years ago

All 4 of them.image.jpg

#4571 4 years ago

whats the 4 player ?

I cant tell..

#4572 4 years ago

King Rock on zoom Gerry

#4573 4 years ago
Quoted from MikeO:

When you metioned this game and it being in a flood and you being in the KC area I wonder if it might be the game that I had and traded about 15 years ago. It was an Odds & Evens that I traded from a neighbor at that time. Story goes it had been totally submerged in two separate floods. The back glass was basically perfect which amazed the heck out of me where the playfield and cabinet showed the exposure it had received. I traded it off to a friend who, if I recall correctly, got it running and sold it. Did you get the game in Stanley? If so, it is the same game.
I have no idea how far gone it was or how far he went with it after he got it running. But the comment of straw and weeds doesn't make sense unless it is a different game and coincidence that two Odds & Evens were totally submerged in this area.
Let me know when and where you got it.

I got it in St. Joe. The cab wasn't that bad, really, but the internals in the head especially were extremely rusty. The stuff in the cab wasn't as bad. I got it around 5 years ago.

I'm just exaggerating, I'm sure it's not the same game, but it was definitely kept somewhere extremely damp. My guess is it sat somewhere in a barn or something, with the back door off, maybe the front door open, who knows. If these games could talk.

The glass was mint though. It had one tiny little scratch on it. The glass is basically why I bought it. I only gave a couple hundred for it and I figured if nothing else, I could get some money out of the glass. Then I dove into that playfield and there was no turning back.

I sold it a couple years ago to a guy up in Nebraska, and I used the money from that to buy a Big Indian.

#4574 4 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

My 3 favorite. I have one more but couldn't fit into the picture. I've restored all 4 of themimage.jpg

Where did you get that JO glass?

#4575 4 years ago

Wife really likes the EM's so I picked up these three in the past couple of weeks. All are working 100%. I guess I will need to learn how to fix them if something goes wrong.

20150609_071510.jpg
#4576 4 years ago
Quoted from EMsInKC:

Where did you get that JO glass?

It's the original. I have one coming from Mayfair that's in better shape.

#4577 4 years ago
Quoted from cyroute:

guess I will need to learn how to fix them if something goes wrong.

Having the schematics for the machines is a big help. Check pinball resource if you need one.

#4578 4 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

It's the original. I have one coming from Mayfair that's in better shape.

That's my mistake, it's kind of dim and it didn't look at first like the original glass to me. Sorry about that.

#4579 4 years ago

How much does an EM from the 60's-70's weigh? Ballpark. Are they around the 250 lbs of a modern Stern?

#4580 4 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

How much does an EM from the 60's-70's weigh? Ballpark. Are they around the 250 lbs of a modern Stern?

yes, some with more stuff weigh 275.

#4581 4 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

Thanks rat! I did find another working GE 455 in the back of the cabinet of Surf Side before I moved it to it's final resting spot today. Wonder where that came from.

But I do know where this beautiful Serenade, last of the Williams woodrails came from. Thanks Alex! She is a real beauty.

DSCN3731.JPG

#4582 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Thanks rat! I did find another working GE 455 in the back of the cabinet of Surf Side before I moved it to it's final resting spot today. Wonder where that came from.

It most likely came from my butterfingers while I was taking bulbs out of the backglass to replace them. I didn't look at the bulbs at the time and all I saw was a plethora of LEDs so I took out everything and put them in a tupperware tub. I did like the blinker in the buoy so I remember keeping it in there. When I learned about how cool GE bulbs were (recently) I changed out the Eiko in the buoy to a GE. I was never a 455 blinker in a backglass guy until I got them in this Fireball. I may take them out of Slick Chick or dumb it down to Eiko bulbs so it doesn't blink as fast. I need to play around with the current blinkers I have in Slick Chick.

#4583 4 years ago

We need some more pics of Serenade's playfield.

#4584 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

beautiful Serenade

Certainly a very beautiful game, both the BG and PF.
Wonder how good a player it is, looks kinda dangerous with those 2 gobble holes.

#4585 4 years ago

Fireball asked me for a late night Iso / ME sponge bath so I gladly complied. Stripped down and ready to go.

IMG_2151.JPG IMG_2152.JPG
#4586 4 years ago

Nice to see Fireball is finally getting the care it needs. No shop work here tonight. We're playing this one.

DSCN3732.JPG

DSCN3733.JPG

#4587 4 years ago

That's a sexy machine! Looks like there is a lot to do on it.

#4588 4 years ago

mamas got a squeezbox

#4589 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

mamas got a squeezbox

Daddy never sleeps at night....someone had to say it!

#4590 4 years ago

Just had this Gottlieb Dragonette delivered cross country from Arizona to Pa and man was it worth it!!
I purchased it from Benetboy78 here on pinside and it is exactly what I expected. What a great guy to deal with. He even thru in a repro backglass for free. Talking about pinball carma. She is a bute with just a little touch up and she is off to the races. It helps that Russ from pi rescue is the one who shopped out the machine a few years back. This is a gem.

image.jpg image-775.jpg image-833.jpg image-456.jpg
#4591 4 years ago

Wow!! Nice!!
Shopped in Pa. & now back in Pa. That pin has made some traveling.

#4592 4 years ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

Yep... same here on all three, along with El Dorado and Atlantis and Jacks Open and Bank-A-Ball and Big Hit :p

And I'll say, 'Good day to you sir'.

#4593 4 years ago

Interesting name, Dragonette. Was that from a book or movie, comic maybe?

#4594 4 years ago
Quoted from presqueisle:

Was that from a book or movie, comic maybe?

Just the facts.

th-1.jpeg

#4595 4 years ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

Wonder how good a player it is, looks kinda dangerous with those 2 gobble holes.

It is good enough that I was late to work for the first time in three years today.

#4596 4 years ago
Quoted from presqueisle:

And I'll say, 'Good day to you sir'.

(peeks at presqueisle1's collection)

Yes, we shall have to agree to disagree.

I'd have kept the 4 Million BC and Wizard! but hey... that's why we have a liquid marketplace.

#4597 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Just the facts.
th-1.jpeg

Yep, and according to the IPDB: " 'Dragonette' artwork satirized the popular 'Dragnet' television show.

David Gottlieb hired singer Jessica Dragonette to appear at coin machine functions. However, Michael Gottlieb informs us that his father Alvin remembers no correlation between her and the Dragonette pinball machine, and that this pinball machine was purely a spoof of Dragnet."

Similar to GizzArd, I got my Dragonette from a nearby Pinsider (thank you Harry), and also had our mutual friend Russ/Pinrescue, help to detail it and get 100% after being moved.

As o-din verifies, it's a one-more-time game and can hold you for a long time. Great game, GizzArd and I wish you and all the other owners best of luck with their's.

Since most of my machines have had Russ' hands in them, I give an acknowledgement for his assistance in the videos I make...

https://vimeo.com/130349843

#4598 4 years ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

(peeks at presqueisle1's collection)
Yes, we shall have to agree to disagree.
I'd have kept the 4 Million BC and Wizard! but hey... that's why we have a liquid marketplace.

I said, 'GOOD DAY!'

*thanks for the set up

#4599 4 years ago

"C'mon Charlie.... let's get out of here... if Rat Tomago wants a Bally Zipper-Flipper, he'll get one..."

#4600 4 years ago
Quoted from oldcarz:

Yep, and according to the IPDB: " 'Dragonette' artwork satirized the popular 'Dragnet' television show.
David Gottlieb hired singer Jessica Dragonette to appear at coin machine functions. However, Michael Gottlieb informs us that his father Alvin remembers no correlation between her and the Dragonette pinball machine, and that this pinball machine was purely a spoof of Dragnet."
Similar to GizzArd, I got my Dragonette from a nearby Pinsider (thank you Harry), and also had our mutual friend Russ/Pinrescue, help to detail it and get 100% after being moved.
As o-din verifies, it's a one-more-time game and can hold you for a long time. Great game, GizzArd and I wish you and all the other owners best of luck with their's.
Since most of my machines have had Russ' hands in them, I give an acknowledgement for his assistance in the videos I make...
ยป Vimeo video

BEAUTIFUL!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
There are 12128 posts in this topic. You are on page 92 of 243.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside