Topic Stats

• 12,121 posts
  • 679 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 hours ago by Pin-Pilot
  • Topic is favorited by 185 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 7,943 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_3103 (resized).JPG
IMG_3102 (resized).JPG
IMG_20191110_193917187 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191024_154651251 (resized).jpg
AT2 (resized).jpg
AT1 (resized).jpg
20191110_181329 (resized).jpg
20191110_181312 (resized).jpg
20191108_140747 (resized).jpg
20191108_140157 (resized).jpg
20191108_135936 (resized).jpg
20191108_135858 (resized).jpg
20191108_135949 (resized).jpg
20191108_140114 (resized).jpg
20191108_140044 (resized).jpg
20191108_135822 (resized).jpg

There are 12121 posts in this topic. You are on page 64 of 243.
#3151 5 years ago

Man your guy's North Stars have a playfield I would kill for. I will find a better playfield at some point.

#3152 5 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

Man your guy's North Stars have a playfield I would kill for. I will find a better playfield at some point.

Is your cabinet nice? That seems to be what is hard to find with this game. My first one was BAD, formica clad over 2 layers of paint. This one I have now is solid and original but paint flaking on sides, pretty badly on left side.

#3153 5 years ago

My cabinet is a nice repaint. My North Star was sold to me back in March by "boilerman"

#3154 5 years ago

Picked up a Central Park over the weekend. It gets mixed reviews but it's a real blast to play once you get used to the machine. Even though it's hard as nails to get the specials it makes you want to play it that much more.

image-613.jpg
#3155 5 years ago
Quoted from GizzArd:

Picked up a Central Park over the weekend. It gets mixed reviews but it's a real blast to play once you get used to the machine. Even though it's hard as nails to get the specials it makes you want to play it that much more.

image-613.jpg 91 KB

Central Park is a fun game to play with the rule set it has. The only issue I have with 60's games is the lower rollover lanes slows the flow of game play down - but hey, that was what was the designers were going with at the time - they figured it out in the 70's.

#3156 5 years ago

This machine is a lot of fun.

DSCN3081.JPG DSCN3082.JPG

#3157 5 years ago
Quoted from GizzArd:

image-613.jpg 91 KB

Awesome find! I love that game, I have found it difficult to win on as well. Alot of fun to play. I hopefully have a Hurdy Gurdy coming my way after the holidays. I have never played Hurdy Gurdy, but love the art and have come to welcome the add-a-ball feature. Looks like your Central Park is in pretty nice shape. Shay has that glass, looks like yours might need one if shes a keeper.

Quoted from o-din:

DSCN3081.JPG 192 KB

DSCN3082.JPG 179 KB

Odin that Kings and Queens is beautiful!

#3158 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

DSCN3081.JPG 192 KB

DSCN3082.JPG 179 KB

My all time favorite....from the sixties.....

#3159 5 years ago

Early xmas present

A NOS Hit The Deck playfield , done by Ron Kruzman.

Now, can someone please do a massively detailed playfield swop video?!

IMG_8222.JPG
#3160 5 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

It's not really that hard.

Strip the topside of the existing playfield and clean and polish and rebuild those parts as necessary.

Flip it over and strip the bottom side of everything that is left. Pull or cut the ground braid staples but leave the ground braid in place (you will thank yourself for this one) and shift the glob of harness and parts to a piece of cardboard and then from the cardboard to the new playfield. Screw items back in one at a time. You'll be surprised how fast it can go.

The biggest thing is have all of your parts ready to go whether they be replacement, polish the existing, rebuild the existing, refinish the wood side rails, etc. That way all you are distracted with is getting each part back into its position on the new playfield.

As for the ground braid, staple it back down where necessary. You won't have to staple everywhere they did at the factory because the solder connections(that weren't there yet when they laid the braid down at the factory) will hold a lot of it in place.

#3161 5 years ago
Quoted from MikeO:

It's not really that hard.
Strip the topside of the existing playfield and clean and polish and rebuild those parts as necessary.
Flip it over and strip the bottom side of everything that is left. Pull or cut the ground braid staples but leave the ground braid in place (you will thank yourself for this one) and shift the glob of harness and parts to a piece of cardboard and then from the cardboard to the new playfield. Screw items back in one at a time. You'll be surprised how fast it can go.
The biggest thing is have all of your parts ready to go whether they be replacement, polish the existing, rebuild the existing, refinish the wood side rails, etc. That way all you are distracted with is getting each part back into its position on the new playfield.
As for the ground braid, staple it back down where necessary. You won't have to staple everywhere they did at the factory because the solder connections(that weren't there yet when they laid the braid down at the factory) will hold a lot of it in place.

Also you cant take too many pictures

#3162 5 years ago

Thanks for tips - put them on file for the day I feel brave enough!

#3163 5 years ago

Early xmas present
A NOS Hit The Deck playfield , done by Ron Kruzman.

IMG_8222.JPG 190 KB

Now THAT is beautiful! Congrats, and good luck with the swap.

#3164 5 years ago

Can you find me an NOS Neptune Playfield?

#3165 5 years ago

Recently found "Aquarius". Got a brow beating going into the USA and back the same day from both sides of the border.20141027_201436.jpg20141027_201500.jpg20141027_201425.jpg

#3166 5 years ago

Posted this with the non pinball stuff, so here it is again. This EM lineup makes up the games I best remember playing as a kid at various hotel gamerooms in upstate New York's Catskill Mountains. The pins were restored by Nick Raschilla. I found the all original Ten Strike while on vacation in Seattle twenty years ago. EMOct2014.jpg

#3167 5 years ago

My Gottlieb Atlantis

image-468.jpgimage-115.jpgimage.jpg

#3168 5 years ago

Nice touch on the score.

#3169 5 years ago

Haha! Good eye!

#3170 5 years ago

hopefully soon someone else will be showing you this machine.
but for now ill give you a look.
1959 Gottlieb Hi Diver High Diver IMAG0679.jpgIMAG0683.jpgIMAG0720.jpgIMAG0680.jpg

1 week later
#3171 5 years ago

The latest additions to the team.
DSCN3171.JPG

#3172 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

The latest additions to the team.

Not pictured, the Solar City we just removed from the left of Palooka.

Good to see you man, we had a great time!

#3173 5 years ago

So did I! Thanks for stoppin' by. The Three Amigos.
DSCN3186.JPG

#3174 5 years ago

This is the kind of pic that might make you ask what happened.
DSCN3202.JPG

#3175 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

This is the kind of pic that might make you ask what happened.

So what happened?

#3176 5 years ago

I just moved it.

#3177 5 years ago

This is our new to us Atlantis.
Basically as we got it, it is complete I think. Not 100% functional yet but working on it.
A good $150 spent. Unfortunately I do not know much about its history but got it out of our local bargain finder.

image.jpg
#3178 5 years ago
Quoted from BCpinhead:

Basically as we got it, it is complete I think. Not 100% functional yet but working on it.
A good $150 spent. Unfortunately I do not know much about its history but got it out of our local bargain finder.

image.jpg 249 KB

Nice price for a classic pin!! Good find.

#3179 5 years ago

The latest 70's line up. Gottlieb wedgeheads.

IMG_8281.JPG
#3180 5 years ago

The latest 70's line up. Gottlieb wedgeheads.

IMG_8281.JPG 213 KB

Now that's my kind of line-up. Looks great!

#3181 5 years ago
Quoted from BCpinhead:

image.jpg 249 KB

A cabinet re-paint and that will look fine.....

#3182 5 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

A cabinet re-paint and that will look fine.....

Agreed!! I will post an after pic but I have already ordered the stencils and now tracking down the orig paint colours. How would one do the speckles? I never have seen an original Atlantis close up. Focus right now is to get it 100% mechanically sorted, then work on the cabinet. Confident it will look and run as new when I 'm finished. Already a line up to play it though lol!
Cheers!

#3183 5 years ago
Quoted from BCpinhead:

Agreed!! I will post an after pic but I have already ordered the stencils and now tracking down the orig paint colours. How would one do the speckles? I never have seen an original Atlantis close up. Focus right now is to get it 100% mechanically sorted, then work on the cabinet. Confident it will look and run as new when I 'm finished. Already a line up to play it though lol!
Cheers!

Here's a thread about the Atlantis boilerman re-painted: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2nd-fire-victim-complete You might want to send a pm to him. He may be able to help you with the colors/procedure. I've used a toothbrush (paintbrush) to do some speckles once on a spot repair (slowly flick the brush - practice on cardboard 1st!) but see what boilerman suggests.

Here's an old thread where gearheaddropping did an Atlantis re-paint: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-atlantis-restore - you may have to pm him as the pics are not up anymore in his link.

#3184 5 years ago
Quoted from MikeO:

So what happened?

I just pulled it out so I could get all that yellow junk off the cabinet. Then I put it back. A couple hours well spent.
DSCN3205.JPG

#3185 5 years ago

Looks 10 times better!

#3186 5 years ago

Nice machine Odin. Get on the horn with PBR and get a coin door, coin chute, white bee hive to replace the red one and some new flipper buttons. Put the legs in a rust remover. That machine is a long term keeper. It is my favorite title.

#3187 5 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

That machine is a long term keeper. It is my favorite title.

You mean I shouldn't trade it for a Trade Winds?

#3188 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

You mean I shouldn't trade it for a Trade Winds?

No. Do not trade it, keep it. Then buy the Trade Winds. Once you have both you will be out of room. Then A Williams Heat Wave will come along and I will have the room for it. Then it will be mine....all Mine! (mad scientist laugh)

#3189 5 years ago

I like how you think Ken.

#3190 5 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

buy the Trade Winds.

That's what this flyer says.
2621f1.jpg

#3191 5 years ago

Interesting. Square head in the flyer. I wonder if there are any square head versions floating around.

#3192 5 years ago

I have better chance of getting bit by a squirrel and getting swine flu than I do of ever finding an awesome condition EM at a good price around here..

Free Hang Glider was awesome, but it's pretty beat up despite playing well. Definitely the hallmark of a well loved game, but man...just once I want the freakin' minty em lol.

#3193 5 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

I wonder if there are any square head versions floating around.

Looks like it.
img_2778.jpeg

#3194 5 years ago

Nice! Both variations together.

#3195 5 years ago

Yes, but I like the looks of this one.

tn_image-3.jpg

#3196 5 years ago

I am not picky, I'd take either given the opportunity.

#3197 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Looks like it.

img_2778.jpeg 48 KB

l'd love to find a rectangular head one. I believe those have dark blue playfields as opposed to the lighter blue of the wedgehead variety.

#3198 5 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

l'd love to find a rectangular head one. I believe those have dark blue playfields as opposed to the lighter blue of the wedgehead variety.

That is the only pic I could find of the rectangular head, but you can see a difference.

I do know where a Trade Winds is, but I don't know which variety. I just hope I can talk the gentleman into bringing it my way, just like he did with the Rocket.

Quoted from Frax:

but man...just once I want the freakin' minty em lol.

Here ya go! Great seller, deal with confidence!

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/15665

#3199 5 years ago

Double post

#3200 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

That is the only pic I could find of the rectangular head, but you can see a difference.

I do know where a Trade Winds is, but I don't know which variety. I just hope I can talk the gentleman into bringing it my way, just like he did with the Rocket.

I'm not sure, but I think the cabinet may be different as well. The flyer photo seems to show a cabinet that's not white; maybe it's a pale blue. If you look closely at the photo you posted, you can
see a darker color (looks like possibly green) on the inside of the cabinet between the playfield and the metal rails. I'd like to see a cabinet view of that game.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 99.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Sales
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 49.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
€ 3.70
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
5,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Sittard
$ 265.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
$ 28.00
Machine - For Sale
Edgewater, MD
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CzTV Mods
$ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
£ 37.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys
$ 49.00
$ 14.99
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
Machine - For Sale
Huntington Beach, CA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 12121 posts in this topic. You are on page 64 of 243.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside