Topic Stats

• 11,601 posts
  • 653 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by PinZig
  • Topic is favorited by 178 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 7,575 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20190522_213527 (resized).jpg
815B9DCB-0168-4789-98DB-4336004432F9 (resized).jpeg
20190327_195936 (resized).jpg
20190327_195911 (resized).jpg
20190513_211922 (resized).jpg
20190522_183300_resized (resized).jpg
20190522_183241_resized (resized).jpg
20190521_205648_resized (resized).jpg
8B0C2336-0E34-4ABB-BB5E-C5AC897BFD4E (resized).jpeg
20190511_182104 (resized).jpg
20190511_182055 (resized).jpg
20190511_182042 (resized).jpg
2019-04-21 19.42.27 (resized).jpg
2019-04-21 19.42.42 (resized).jpg
20190508_201221 (resized).jpg
20190508_201204 (resized).jpg

There are 11601 posts in this topic. You are on page 55 of 233.
#2701 4 years ago
Quoted from Retropin:

Here are some pics of my GTB BANK A BALL .. whole game was a complete mess when I got her and I took 2 years on and off to completely repaint the playfield... its still an ongoing project as im now making new balls for the backglass animation.. anyway, some before and after shots

Wow,

Super nice restoration job there. I can see lots of hours went into you BaB but it will be well worth it! The touch-up and clear looks great. The cabinet turned out super nice too. If I were you I'd be anxious to play it if it's been a few years now........

Are you going to apply any webbing on the cabinet?

#2702 4 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

Wow,
Super nice restoration job there. I can see lots of hours went into you BaB but it will be well worth it! The touch-up and clear looks great. The cabinet turned out super nice too. If I were you I'd be anxious to play it if it's been a few years now........
Are you going to apply any webbing on the cabinet?

Webbing is there and the game has been up and running for quite a while now, its in a part of the house where my wife allows very tidy machine to reside and is in a line up with World Champ and WMS Rocket.. theres been a lot of fine tuning along the way and it plays great and fast. Once the drop down balls are done, the restoration is complete. The PF is not a touch up.. I literally repainted everything using my airbrush and freehand work.. not one piece of original paint is left, its all been covered up. The plastics are all mine too.. remade with 3mm acrylic

#2703 4 years ago
Quoted from Retropin:

Here are some pics of my GTB BANK A BALL .. whole game was a complete mess when I got her and I took 2 years on and off to completely repaint the playfield... its still an ongoing project as im now making new balls for the backglass animation.. anyway, some before and after shots

WOW.

Thanks for sharing.

#2704 4 years ago
Quoted from Retropin:

Webbing is there and the game has been up and running for quite a while now, its in a part of the house where my wife allows very tidy machine to reside and is in a line up with World Champ and WMS Rocket.. theres been a lot of fine tuning along the way and it plays great and fast. Once the drop down balls are done, the restoration is complete. The PF is not a touch up.. I literally repainted everything using my airbrush and freehand work.. not one piece of original paint is left, its all been covered up. The plastics are all mine too.. remade with 3mm acrylic

Fantastic - thanks for the info.

#2705 4 years ago

Very impressive work indeed on that BaB!

#2706 4 years ago

BlueChip6-7-14 059.jpgBlueChip6-7-14 052.jpgBlueChip6-7-14 051.jpgBlueChip6-7-14 034.jpgBlueChip6-7-14 030.jpgBlueChip6-7-14 025.jpgBlueChip6-7-14 024.jpgBlueChip6-7-14 045.jpgBlueChip6-7-14 041.jpgBlueChip6-7-14 035.jpgBlueChip6-7-14 011.jpgBlueChip6-7-14 006.jpgBlueChip6-7-14 004.jpgClosing in on the final stages of this restoration. This 1977 Williams Blue Chip has only 18,000. I have about 40 hours of work into this game. It's starting to look and play the way i thought it would when i first laid eyes on it.
BlueChip6-7-14 001.jpg

BlueChip6-7-14 003.jpg

#2707 4 years ago

Blue chip. Looks great what the play like on this machine. Great art work.

#2708 4 years ago

Vic, that game looks ***bleepin'*** immaculate! Can't wait to see it in person and play it!

#2709 4 years ago

I just played 10 games after taking it off the skates i was using while working on it. It's finally level with nice high pitch and found a spot for it in the new gameroom between the basement and garage gamerooms.(see pic's)

It very fast and powerful with the DC voltage. I had it set on Replay but changed it to Add a Ball to see how i would like it. I will leave it on Add a Ball for a while too.

I need about 50 more plays on it before i can determine how the game play is and some adde fine tuning i expect to finish off tomorrow.

I am use to playing Gottlieb wedgeheads and 1960's Williams pins..so this game is a little different. I've owned a real nice Space Mission and Grand Prix. They both stayed in my collection for a while before getting sold. I enjoyed game play on both of them.
BlueChipinFamRm 003.jpgBlueChipinFamRm 004.jpgBlueChipinFamRm 001.jpg

#2710 4 years ago

Amazing.

#2711 4 years ago

That Blue Chip is stunning!

#2712 4 years ago

Awesome game!

To all of you: do not hesitate to upload your pics on the Pinside Archive. For example for Blue chip:
http://pinside.com/pinball/archive/blue-chip/gallery

then: "Upload and manage YOUR pics"

#2713 4 years ago
Quoted from Vic_Camp:

It's finally level with nice high pitch

This is how I set mine up. I also switched it over to three ball play. It just seemed like the right thing to do on this particular machine. Mine looks very well preserved, but yours looks brand new! Congrats on a job well done.

#2714 4 years ago
Quoted from Retropin:

missiing_switch-316.jpg

Uhhhh, you're doing it wrong. (j/k)
Nice resto!

#2715 4 years ago
Quoted from SirScott:

Nice resto!

missiing_switch-316.jpg 60 KB

That Special will be hard to earn when it gets lit.

#2716 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

This is how I set mine up. I also switched it over to three ball play. It just seemed like the right thing to do on this particular machine. Mine looks very well preserved, but yours looks brand new! Congrats on a job well done.

Is it set for replay or add a ball on 3 ball play?

#2717 4 years ago
Quoted from Vic_Camp:

Is it set for replay or add a ball on 3 ball play?

I have it set on replay.

#2718 4 years ago

IMG_6021.JPG

#2719 4 years ago

Is that the arcade in Myrtle Beach, SC? Lloyd at Coin-op Warehouse had a pic of that a week or so ago on his Facebook page.

#2720 4 years ago

Yes, that was down in Myrtle Beach a year or 2 ago. What's left of the Pavilion games. LOTS of ticket redemption games all around.

My ugly mug playing....

IMG_6023.JPG

IMG_0848.jpg

IMG_0851.jpg

#2721 4 years ago

The pitch and bat games with the lever are the best IMO.

#2722 4 years ago

wow, pitch and bat heaven... that's wicked cool...

#2723 4 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Yes, that was down in Myrtle Beach a year or 2 ago. What's left of the Pavilion games. LOTS of ticket redemption games all around.
My ugly mug playing....

Ugly Mug? Ah heck you should feel pretty darn good, some poor guy looks like your avatar pic.

#2724 4 years ago
Quoted from SirScott:

Nice resto!

missiing_switch-316.jpg 60 KB

Ha ha!!.. I should know not to take pics before you have a finished the job!

#2725 4 years ago

My newest, the restoration begins.

20140614_230801.jpg

20140614_230815.jpg

Must have spent some of its life in Europe, specifically Germany.

image.jpg

20140614_231109.jpg

#2726 4 years ago

That looks like a nice example of that game.

My first game was and Out of Sight, the two player versiOn of Far Out.

Have fun with it.

Mike O.

#2727 4 years ago

Just got this 4square on a trade and I'm so happy I did. What a great game! It's a very plain playfield but it gets addicting. Love I art. I wonder why the playfield art is so blank? It has some mechanical issues but I fixed quite a few. The one last issue is whatever number I hit. The number two also goes off. It makes the game easier but why?
In the end I'm very happy

image-472.jpg
#2728 4 years ago
Quoted from GizzArd:

Just got this 4square on a trade and I'm so happy I did. What a great game! It's a very plain playfield but it gets addicting. Love I art. I wonder why the playfield art is so blank? It has some mechanical issues but I fixed quite a few. The one last issue is whatever number I hit. The number two also goes off. It makes the game easier but why?
In the end I'm very happy

Congrats on the 4 Square - great game!

You might try posting your problem in the EM Tech sub-forum but I'll take a stab at it.

This sounds as if any vibration in the sequence reset bank is causing this. Take the ball out of the game and prop-up the playfield. You have a sequence bank with trip relays for no. 1, 2, 3, 4, and sequence complete (forget what it's called). Start a game and close the outhole switch and the tunnel switch to advance to ball 1. Manually complete all the targets for no. 2 and you should hear it complete the sequence. Back off the wing nuts on the 1-4 sequence reset bank and unscrew that whole assembly from the bottom board and flip it upright to manually operate your switches. I've found this way is a little more work but a lot easier to get to your problem switch/contacts. Gently move the different switches around on the no. 2 relay and watch the lights on the playfield to see if they go out. If I remember right it's one of the middle switches on the trip relay. It sounds as if you have a closed set of contacts that are dirty or out of adjustment and any vibration in this bank is causing your problem. Once you find your culprit switch clean and adjust your contacts so no. 2 stays on when you hit other targets.

#2729 4 years ago

^^^

yup, it is a great game, mine gets a lot of play...

i would agree, start with the series relay bank...

#2730 4 years ago

Thanks guys I appreciate it. I'll give it a shot, j jut haven't able I check it out yet.

#2731 4 years ago
Quoted from GizzArd:

Thanks guys I appreciate it. I'll give it a shot, j jut haven't able I check it out yet.

fire up a thread when you get a chance, and the usual suspects will get you fixed up...

#2732 4 years ago

4 square is with out a doubt in my top five 2" wedgeheads
i had one for 14 yrs the someone offered me a price that i just could not say no to. so off it went
the BG art is good but the PF art is so plain
I missed it so much i had to replace it so i just got this .............

bg.jpg

#2733 4 years ago

aaaaaghh i would love an Astro!!!

good show!

#2734 4 years ago

I'd like to get one of those Astro's myself.

#2735 4 years ago

Guy in the Milwaukee area has one for $1200
milwaukee.craigslist.org link

He did have a 4 Million B.C. I was looking at but now not on the list, even though his list has the others he sold still there.

Wonder what happened...

#2736 4 years ago

So ya had to ruin my glory and excitement by posting your astro............ Thanks. : p. Yeah astro def has a great playfield and backglass. Both games are really fun to play. I love the special..........at least I get replays. I mean once I roll the game a twice within five balls what the heck would I do with an add a ball. ; ) ? Oh yeah the playfield art! Ya gotta have nice art to have this in a add a ball version. ; p. I'm just joking astro is a kick ass pin

#2737 4 years ago

"Astro" is an often overlooked wedgehead. It's classic Gordon Morison art and is a blast to play.

#2738 4 years ago

I see the Milwaukee Astro is now sold. Hopefully I was able to help somebody fill out a want

#2739 4 years ago

Just picked up my big deal today. I'm so happy! Glad to see the cabinet in pretty good condition underneath the plastic. Now how to remove the paint from the backbox

image-585.jpg
image-106.jpg
image-843.jpg

image-82.jpg
#2740 4 years ago

We are almost finished with this great garage salvage.
Just finished taking apart the player stepper and the credit stepper. Both work like new now.
I still have some new flipper bats on the way as these are pretty chewed up on the bottom.
Just cabinet work left to do.

IMG_1233.JPG IMG_1259.JPG
#2741 4 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

We are almost finished with this great garage salvage.
Just finished taking apart the player stepper and the credit stepper. Both work like new now.
I still have some new flipper bats on the way as these are pretty chewed up on the bottom.
Just cabinet work left to do.

That's a great looking Captain Fantastic! Is it the stars backglass? I can't tell from the picture. Enjoy.

#2742 4 years ago

Yes. It has the stars.
That was the very first thing I looked at when we were taking it out of the garage.
Even though it has stars it is in perfect condition.

#2743 4 years ago

1,000 mile round-trip this weekend to pick up a Gottlieb Buccaneer, and we never left Texas. Story was it was in Grandma's house and everyone played it until it quit working. Wonder what Grandma did with those two missing plastics. And wonder what caused it to quit working? Just got home with it last night, put it together and plugged it in. Everything fires up - reels reset perfectly and it looks like all lights are working. The ball kicks into play, but pop-bumpers, slings, flippers don't work. I need to get in there and poke around a bit. Probably just a fuse.

It is one of the cleanest machines I have ever bought. Still has the "this block for shipment only" block in the head. Backglass would be nearly perfect, but for bubbling/flaking seemingly caused by foam tape.

buccaneer playfield 1.jpg
buccaneer inside door.jpg
buccaneer counter.jpg
buccaneer missing plastics.jpg
buccaneer sticker.jpg
buccaneer glass.jpg

Post edited by PMcGee: more info

buccaneer backbox.jpg buccaneer block.jpg
#2744 4 years ago

Seems unlikely the play meter rolled - very nice! The plastics probably went to wherever the original spinner ended up...

#2745 4 years ago

Wow. Two buccaneer's in two weeks. A guy here in Beaumont just got one last week. He has already stripped it down and the tumbler running.
Congrats on yours, it looks awesome.

#2746 4 years ago

Cool. I wan't one now.

#2747 4 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

Seems unlikely the play meter rolled - very nice! The plastics probably went to wherever the original spinner ended up...

I edited and added a couple of extra photos to the first post.

original broken spinner was inside original coinbox with about $1.50 in quarters. I see that PBR has the complete plastic set, but if anyone has A16233R and L available, holler.

buccaneer spinner 2.jpg
buccaneer spinner 1.jpg

#2748 4 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Wow. Two buccaneer's in two weeks. A guy here in Beaumont just got one last week. He has already stripped it down and the tumbler running.
Congrats on yours, it looks awesome.

I am in the midst of remodeling to turn my work/junk/hoarding shop into a boy cave for my 12 year old, so it will be a couple more weeks before I can jump in on this one. Remodeling caught me in the middle of tearing down and cleaning a "300" I picked up a month or so ago. Hope I will be able to find everything to put that one back together once all is done.

#2749 4 years ago

My Big Hit restore is done. Pretty happy with it. Still waiting for the nickel-plated metal channel just below the neck. I'm trying out Mike Chestnut's plating service to see how they look. Not cheap, but reasonable considering the amount of work involved. I hope you'all appreciate a mostly original game. A few touch ups, and some extra lites behind the flipper buttons and under the center shooter label.

P6211021-812.JPG
P6211006-600.JPG
P6211009.JPG
P6211013-193.JPG
P6211015.JPG
P6211019-809.JPG

#2750 4 years ago
Quoted from stashyboy:

My Big Hit restore is done. Pretty happy with it. Still waiting for the nickel-plated metal channel just below the neck. I'm trying out Mike Chestnut's plating service to see how they look. Not cheap, but reasonable considering the amount of work involved. I hope you'all appreciate a mostly original game. A few touch ups, and some extra lites behind the flipper buttons and under the center shooter label.

Looks nice. Playfield cleared?

Upper plastic not broken either - lucky you!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
$ 17.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 86.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Elyria, OH
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Monclova, OH
Machine - For Sale
Imperial, MO
$ 66.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
€ 3.70
2,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Whitter, CA
$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 16.95
$ 129.00
Lighting - Led
LED OCD
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 11601 posts in this topic. You are on page 55 of 233.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside