Topic Stats

• 12,132 posts
  • 680 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by midniight
  • Topic is favorited by 185 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 7,948 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20191117_141652 (resized).jpg
20191117_140230 (resized).jpg
20191117_140237 (resized).jpg
20191117_140224 (resized).jpg
20191117_140217 (resized).jpg
IMG_3103 (resized).JPG
IMG_3102 (resized).JPG
IMG_20191110_193917187 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191024_154651251 (resized).jpg
AT2 (resized).jpg
AT1 (resized).jpg
20191110_181329 (resized).jpg
20191110_181312 (resized).jpg
20191108_140747 (resized).jpg
20191108_140157 (resized).jpg
20191108_135936 (resized).jpg

There are 12132 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 243.
#351 6 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

In the middle of a 2001 restore........I REALLY need to get this done this year. It keeps getting put on the backburner.

I'll say!! Those pictures are dated 2003!

#352 6 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Fantastic!
My only suggestion is for wall art/ceiling etc to add to the ambience.

I can see where you're coming from but picture yourself in that room and tell me you'd see anything but those machines.

#353 6 years ago
Quoted from ReallifePin:

I can see where you're coming from but picture yourself in that room and tell me you'd see anything but those machines.

Exactly. There could be somebody panhandling. I could be standing in 4 inches of mud and I wouldn't notice.

#354 6 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

I'll say!! Those pictures are dated 2003!

LOL camera date problem.......actually it's been about 2-3 years.

#355 6 years ago

My first pin and it will stay till the end. It's a love hate machine but if you could score an average of 140,000 you would love it!

image.jpg

#356 6 years ago

Just got this one tonight. Played a quick game on rubber that isn't really rubber anymore. Time to get to work.

// Error: Image 109961 not found // // Error: Image 110022 not found //

Newer picture after some work has been done. IMG_2991.JPG

#357 6 years ago
Quoted from pbkzo:

Here are some of them. Mostly 50s and 60s.

Hey Rat,
Should we vote? This is the best collection so far, IMHO.

#358 6 years ago

I enjoy looking at restored EM’s, especially before and after shots so here my two additions to the thread. Just after I got into pinball I would buy anything cheap in sight, and I picked up this ’49 Gottlieb Telecard locally on eBay for almost nothing. Looking back, I should have charged them to haul it away. Check out the custom home-made BG, stripped and stained cabinet, even cut v-grooves to make it look like real wood paneling… Sadly, these days I’d probably run away from even a free game in this condition. Here are some 'before' pictures.

DSC_0690.JPG DSC_0670.JPG DSC_0682.JPG

#359 6 years ago

I repainted the cabinet, made all new wood rails and a new door, touched up the PF. Could not find a replacement BG, but a fellow RGR-er across the country was restoring another Telecard at the same time and he generously shared his scanned and repaired photoshop files, I used those to make a translite. I sold the game later to David Silverman, not sure if he had it displayed in his DC museum. He even offered me a job restoring his games...

DSC_4765.JPG DSC_4781.JPG

#360 6 years ago

Another restoration I did back then was a Spanish version of a Royal Flush. Got it at the Allentown flea market, the cabinet was made of particle board and was in a real bad shape. But because of a full acrylic overlay the PF was in a perfect shape, BG was nice too. Still, I passed on that day it but then made a 2 hr drive each way on Sunday just to pick it up. As I hoped, it was still there, probably because the back of the cabinet was falling apart, and maybe because it was made by Maresa and not Gottlieb.

DSC_0718.JPG DSC_1141.JPG DSC_1150.JPG

#361 6 years ago

I repaired and repainted the cabinet, made some minor tweaks on switches and it has been a solid game since. I tried selling it a few months ago, brought it to Allentown show, but had a change of heart and decided to keep it. Even without hi-tapping it plays very fast because of the overlay. I added LED’s (yeah, blasphemy…) for inserts and GI, color changing one for the pop-bumper, it’s my favorite game now.

DSC_0827.JPG DSC_0828.JPG DSC_1201.JPG

#362 6 years ago

Some pictures of the telecard didn't upload, here they are. Looking back at the pictures, I should have kept it.

DSC_4791.JPG DSC_4768.JPG

#363 6 years ago
Quoted from johnf:

Another restoration I did back then was a Spanish version of a Royal Flush. Got it at the Allentown flea market, the cabinet was made of particle board and was in a real bad shape. But because of a full acrylic overlay the PF was in a perfect shape, BG was nice too. Still, I passed on that day it but then made a 2 hr drive each way on Sunday just to pick it up. As I hoped, it was still there, probably because the back of the cabinet was falling apart, and maybe because it was made by Maresa and not Gottlieb.

I have two really beaten down Royal Flush in storage right now. The plan is to try to turn them into one nice RF with restored cabinet and touched up/cleared playfield. Definitely a good game.

#364 6 years ago
Quoted from BenetBoy78:

Hey Rat,
Should we vote? This is the best collection so far, IMHO.

Benet, I like them all. I don't want to say I have favorites because I don't want to discourage other people's posting of pictures. Everyone has different likes and dislikes. Someone's Mona Lisa might be another person's Medusa and vice versa.

#365 6 years ago
Quoted from johnf:

Some pictures of the telecard didn't upload, here they are. Looking back at the pictures, I should have kept it.

Johnf, thanks for sharing. I love the restores you did on both games.

#366 6 years ago

Johnf,
Nice work,Woodrails are my favorite .Yours turned out great.
Homer

#367 6 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

Benet, I like them all. I don't want to say I have favorites because I don't want to discourage other people's posting of pictures. Everyone has different likes and dislikes. Someone's Mona Lisa might be another person's Medusa and vice versa.

Understood. They are all fantastic. I wish I could have a video of each one playing. Better than weasels ripping my flesh, or having a head like a potato.....LOL.

Thanks for starting this thread.....very enjoyable.

#368 6 years ago

I still have this one waiting for restauration

// Error: Image 110104 not found //

#369 6 years ago
Quoted from BenetBoy78:

Better than weasels ripping my flesh, or having a head like a potato.....LOL.

I'm sure I'm missing something here.......

#370 6 years ago

Some of my games...

// Error: Image 110106 not found //

#371 6 years ago
Quoted from Pafasa:

I'm sure I'm missing something here.......

He is quoting from song and albums of Frank Zappa. Frank Zappa is the musician featured in my avatar.

#372 6 years ago

1968 Chicago Coin Gun Smoke

// Error: Image 110112 not found // // Error: Image 110113 not found //

#373 6 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

He is quoting from song and albums of Frank Zappa. Frank Zappa is the musician featured in my Avatar.

That explains it AND why I didn't get it. Don't know Zappa's music at all. No opinion either way, just never tried it.

#374 6 years ago

This thread could go on for years, here's a few shots of the SilverBall Museum in NJ.

// Error: Image 110122 not found // // Error: Image 110123 not found // // Error: Image 110124 not found //

#375 6 years ago
Quoted from johnf:

I tried selling it a few months ago, brought it to Allentown show, but had a change of heart and decided to keep it.

Luckily you did not sell it ,otherwise i would not have played it at A-town. That compared to my Royal Flush is very fast indeed!

#376 6 years ago

A fine pair.

// Error: Image 110353 not found //

#377 6 years ago

The waiting is the hardest part...

// Error: Image 110354 not found //

#378 6 years ago

Very cool, but why have two identical games set up for play side by side? Just curious...

#379 6 years ago
Quoted from Pafasa:

Very cool, but why have two identical games set up for play side by side? Just curious...

One is an AAB one is not. Lucky Hand vs Jacks Open.

#380 6 years ago
Quoted from John_in_NC:

One is an AAB one is not. Lucky Hand vs Jacks Open.

Got it. Which do you enjoy playing more? The Replay or the AAB?

#381 6 years ago

I don't own either, although I did have a Lucky Hand once. I personally like AAB versions for home use since games are free anyway. Making me really think about finishing my Flipper Clown restore (AAB)

#382 6 years ago

I am in the minority of liking replay games better than AAB. When I play a game I want to barely light the special on the 4th or 5th ball. I want to earn that knocker or get close to the knocker so I want to play that 15th game in a row. I want to flip the score reel with 5 balls not 9 balls.

#383 6 years ago

I don't think your in the minority. There are a lot of guys that favor replay games. I consider myself an AAB guy but I'm from Wisconsin. There are also exceptions as some AAB games are better implemented than others. I've had a couple that could drag on a bit long. The good ones make you really earn that extended play. Like you say barely getting there.

I also still enjoy hearing the knocker on a replay game. It's still satisfying knowing you achieved a goal and were rewarded for it.
Alex

#384 6 years ago

i'm a replay buy all the way too

well put rat - the lure of the special and trying to rack up credits on the one player wedges is what keeps me coming back to them

cheers, ron

#385 6 years ago

This is a great thread lets keep those pics coming. Here is a few of mine.

// Error: Image 110610 not found //

#386 6 years ago

more

// Error: Image 110612 not found //

#387 6 years ago

more

// Error: Image 110613 not found //

#388 6 years ago

Lady Luck. Head

// Error: Image 110615 not found //

#389 6 years ago

Lady Luck. Cabinet

// Error: Image 110619 not found //

#390 6 years ago

Lady Luck. Playfield

// Error: Image 110620 not found //

#391 6 years ago
Quoted from Pafasa:

Tough one AAB v Replay.

Generally on 60's Gottliebs I prefer replays but some of the 70's AAB's were very good - Capt Card for example. Would prefer that to High Hand due to the rules.

Jacks Open v Lucky Hand. No idea which is better as both look like a ton of fun.

Buckaroo v Cow Poke - preferred Buckaroo and hitting replays at 1300, 1500, 1700 as opposed to a free ball at 2000 and 5000 points.

#392 6 years ago

Here's my collection of "project" machines. Cosmetically they're not perfect but they work 100% and more importantly they're 100% fun.

// Error: Image 110636 not found //

#393 6 years ago
Quoted from Mike_Page:

This is a great thread lets keep those pics coming. Here is a few of mine.

Lets see some of that Hi-Lo Ace

#394 6 years ago
Quoted from jasonsmith:

Here's my collection of "project" machines. Cosmetically they're not perfect but they work 100% and more importantly they're 100% fun.

how is that Olympic Hockey? There is one for sale a little ways away from me.

#395 6 years ago

lol, we should play "Pinball UNO".. one person posts a pic of his game, then someone else has to post a pic of the same game, then another one..

#396 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballHelp:

lol, we should play "Pinball UNO".. one person posts a pic of his game, then someone else has to post a pic of the same game, then another one..

Ready? Go!

#397 6 years ago

Not mine but one I'm trying to talk a co-worker out of.

// Error: Image 110691 not found //

#398 6 years ago
Quoted from Pafasa:

Between Lucky Hand and Jacks Open, I like LH the best. But JO is no slouch game either.

You can't always say the AAB is better than the replay version or vice versa.

Mike O.
Team-EM

#399 6 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

how is that Olympic Hockey? There is one for sale a little ways away from me.

It's great fun. Getting goals is more of a goal than getting points. It's fun advancing the puck on the ice rink in the backboard. Great two player game though, it's a family favorite. Mostly because of the puck thing again.

#400 6 years ago

Heres another that i did. Playfield cleared and touchedup. Cabinet not so much
--Jeff

// Error: Image 110726 not found //

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 26.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
There are 12132 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 243.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside