Topic Stats

• 12,132 posts
  • 680 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by midniight
  • Topic is favorited by 185 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 7,948 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20191117_141652 (resized).jpg
20191117_140230 (resized).jpg
20191117_140237 (resized).jpg
20191117_140224 (resized).jpg
20191117_140217 (resized).jpg
IMG_3103 (resized).JPG
IMG_3102 (resized).JPG
IMG_20191110_193917187 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191024_154651251 (resized).jpg
AT2 (resized).jpg
AT1 (resized).jpg
20191110_181329 (resized).jpg
20191110_181312 (resized).jpg
20191108_140747 (resized).jpg
20191108_140157 (resized).jpg
20191108_135936 (resized).jpg

There are 12132 posts in this topic. You are on page 79 of 243.
#3901 4 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

Please save the old parts for someone else to re-use (even those old coin doors!).

yes, please do save everything...

i "re-post" my games, as i like the pop it gives an old game, but i have saved all the old ones... occasionally someone wants some old yellowed ones...

#3902 4 years ago

I bought my first EM last night, it's a 1977 Williams Rancho with a wood cabinet. I've been wanting to add an EM to my collection for a while now, so I'm pretty happy and excited to get it working.
It's in pretty decent condition, but needs some work... It turns on and lights up, but doesn't start a game though. I'm going to have to read up and learn em's to find out where to start at first glance it appears to be missing a fuse though.

image-407.jpg
image-939.jpg
image.jpg

#3903 4 years ago

Picked up this pretty rare roy Parker williams majorettes.. Picked it up for 200. I wonder how many were really made.

image.jpg image-896.jpg
#3904 4 years ago

I know some older Williams game have an extra fuse holder that's empty. It is used to switch the game between normal and high tap. All you do is change the position of the fuse. If you have fuses in both clips, one will blow. Check to see if this isn't the case with your game. Probably not, but I'm not as familiar with this vintage Williams game as the older ones.

#3905 4 years ago
Quoted from pinaholic:

Just found. Picking it up Saturday20150321_121104.jpg (Click image to enlarge)20150321_121052.jpg (Click image to enlarge)20150321_121110.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Wow, what's with the cabinet? The head is very yellowed, but the body is clean white. Could be mismatched halves.

#3906 4 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

I know some older Williams game have an extra fuse holder that's empty. It is used to switch the game between normal and high tap. All you do is change the position of the fuse. If you have fuses in both clips, one will blow. Check to see if this isn't the case with your game. Probably not, but I'm not as familiar with this vintage Williams game as the older ones.

Interesting, I'll check it out. Thanks!

#3907 4 years ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

Skyrocket is a great game, and looks like you got a prime example.

Yep, it's in really nice shape. I've been racking quite a few games as of late and makings couple of adjustments here and there to dial it in.

#3908 4 years ago
Quoted from GizzArd:

Picked up this pretty rare roy Parker williams majorettes.. Picked it up for 200. I wonder how many were really made.

image.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
image-896.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Was that the one in Lancaster? If so, it cleaned up nice!!

#3909 4 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

yes, please do save everything...

i "re-post" my games, as i like the pop it gives an old game, but i have saved all the old ones... occasionally someone wants some old yellowed ones...

And to think I was going to melt them into wax cubes for my wife's "Scentsy"

#3910 4 years ago
Quoted from Cam:

Interesting, I'll check it out. Thanks!

I blew up the photo you posted, and it's not as I thought. It's a 15A 6V fuse, so it's for lighting. You should put a 15A fuse in that spot. If all the GI lights in the main body and the head are lighting, that fuse may only be for the coin entry lamps. In any case, since it's a fuse in a lamp circuit, it does not have any bearing on the game not starting.
Are you sure that there are credits on the game? If not, and the zero position switch on the credit unit isn't jumpered, the game won't start. You can ratchet up the credit reel by hand to add credits.
Then push the start button and see if it does anything.

#3911 4 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

I blew up the photo you posted, and it's not as I thought. It's a 15A 6V fuse, so it's for lighting. You should put a 15A fuse in that spot. If all the GI lights in the main body and the head are lighting, that fuse may only be for the coin entry lamps. In any case, since it's a fuse in a lamp circuit, it does not have any bearing on the game not starting.
Are you sure that there are credits on the game? If not, and the zero position switch on the credit unit isn't jumpered, the game won't start. You can ratchet up the credit reel by hand to add credits.

Perfect! Thank you for the info. I will put a 15A fuse in tonight as well as try to add credits manually, I did drop quarters in last night but did not pay any attention to the credit reel... its my first em

#3912 4 years ago
Quoted from MikeO:

You can always sand/polish a rusty hinge to make it look better.

I hit it with some sand paper and a wire brush already. The hinge still looked really dull.

Quoted from MikeO:

You can always sand/polish a rusty hinge to make it look better.

I did this step next. The hinge didn't shine up as well as I'd hoped, so I threw it into my tumbler which got it smooth, but didn't shine it up.

Never heard of this stuff. I have a lot of old rusty parts I'll try to clean up with this. Thanks!

Quoted from wayner:

I also find a quick abrasive blast works well.

Are you talking about sand blasting, or something else here?

#3913 4 years ago
Quoted from jjpm:

I hit it with some sand paper and a wire brush already. The hinge still looked really dull.

I did this step next. The hinge didn't shine up as well as I'd hoped, so I threw it into my tumbler which got it smooth, but didn't shine it up.

Never heard of this stuff. I have a lot of old rusty parts I'll try to clean up with this. Thanks!

The hinge is not going to shine like a plated part. It's just steel.

#3914 4 years ago
Quoted from jjpm:

Polish it up with Mother's Mag and Aluminum Polish, and if you have a powered buffing wheel, it should come out reasonably shiny.

#3915 4 years ago
Quoted from poppapin:

Was that the one in Lancaster? If so, it cleaned up nice!!

Yeah that's the one. lol it was def a barn find. It was so dirty but it really cleaned up. I really wanted this machine and I knew I prolly wouldn't find another so I jumped on it, I appreciate the compliment. I still have more to do but its a start

#3916 4 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

You were bang on, I manually turned the credit wheel,pressed start and started a game! I will read up on the zero position switch and solder it.
After a few games everything seems to work good except for one bumper doesn't flash while the other does.
Thanks for your help!

#3917 4 years ago
Quoted from stashyboy:

The hinge is not going to shine like a plated part. It's just steel.

I know. The hinge I'm trying to work with is something that was so far gone most people would have thrown it away. I would have chucked it if Marco still had spare hinges.

#3918 4 years ago
Quoted from jjpm:

I know. The hinge I'm trying to work with is something that was so far gone most people would have thrown it away. I would have chucked it if Marco still had spare hinges.

have you checked with pbr? i got a hinge from them last year when i got a repro door.... as well as a new strike plate and new coinflap...

image.jpg

image.jpg

#3919 4 years ago
Quoted from Cam:

You were bang on, I manually turned the credit wheel,pressed start and started a game! I will read up on the zero position switch and solder it.
After a few games everything seems to work good except for one bumper doesn't flash while the other does.
Thanks for your help!

I sometimes just pull back the insulation on the two wires going to the zero position switch and give them a twist or two so that they make contact. This is easily undone if you want to restore the original condition. It requires no tools, soldering iron or bending of switches. Give it a try.

#3920 4 years ago

So I'm leaving town for work for three days tomorrow and I should be packing but I'm really not in the mood so I decide to play a few games of Atlantis to get me motivated.

I'm playing and not really getting anywhere and I'm really working the game and getting even less. So after about ten games or so I decide to stop trying so hard and let it flow. The second game into this loose mode I'm starting to flow and at the fifth ball I just start hitting on all cylinders and get special and hit a couple replays right away.

I'm thinking I should trap the ball and break out my phone and take a picture to post tonight when the ball decided balance on a center lane wire form in the bagatelle area. You can see it in the picture below. I couldn't have planned it better.

I stop and take my picture and go back to my game. I finished with 109K points and a half dozen replays and all is well with the world.

Atlantis can hand you your ass but when you hand it back its a great feeling of accomplishment.

image.jpg

#3921 4 years ago

Beautiful game Mike. Very nice example of Atlantis! It was nice to see you again this year at TPF.

#3922 4 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

Beautiful game Mike. Very nice example of Atlantis! It was nice to see you again this year at TPF.

Same here, Dan.

You seemed to be in a pinball funk looking for your next great game. I wish you luck in your search. Another game always comes along.

#3923 4 years ago

I'd recommend Volley..it appears to be one of the few wedgeheads you haven't owned.

#3924 4 years ago
Quoted from MikeO:

You seemed to be in a pinball funk looking for your next great game. I wish you luck in your search. Another game always comes along.

I have a lot on my brain right now. Mostly personal finances. Things will be okay in a month. I am trading my North Star for Big Top. I am very excited to get this game. Jeff aka Way2wyrd seems excited about the trade as well. I am finding a love for the 2 player 60's machines. There are 3 maybe 4 that I want. With Surf Side and Big Top that will make me half way to my goal of 2 player machines I want. Slick Chick and Central Park are my keeper machines and I will build my collection of permanent keeper machines over time.

#3925 4 years ago
Quoted from greenechidna:

I'd recommend Volley..it appears to be one of the few wedgeheads you haven't owned.

There are not many 70's machines I want. I would like to have a 72 Bally Fireball again like I had in the 90's. I would like to play a 1970 2 player Scuba because it looks interesting. Maybe people can chime in on how they feel about the game Scuba.

#3926 4 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

There are not many 70's machines I want. I would like to have a 72 Bally Fireball again like I had in the 90's. I would like to play a 1970 2 player Scuba because it looks interesting. Maybe people can chime in on how they feel about the game Scuba.

Scuba game play is good for a multiplayer. I don't have much time in on one personally but it gets decent reviews. The hard part about Scuba is finding one with a decent playfield and backglass. The ones I've seen seem to have gotten played a lot on route and the coloring and layout make the playfields prone to wear.

I have one in my parents basement in Michigan but have not gotten it up and running yet. It's about a 7 all around.

#3927 4 years ago

Well, I finished my 1958 Sunshine. Last stage was cleaning, waxing pf and new rubbers and it now plays so nice and snappy. The quality Gottlieb has in these games is amazing. The p/f is massively better than any 70's game I have owned. The wood grain around the pop bumpers is like burr walnut! The marbled posts don't have so much as a crack in them. No wonder Gottlieb's slogan was 'no substitute for quality'.

Game has the all rollover special as well. Tough game but with new rubbers it is a nudgers delight and beatable, although getting GENIUS may be a different story!

IMG_8533.JPG IMG_8534.JPG IMG_8537.JPG IMG_8525.JPG
#3928 4 years ago

Great job, Shapeshifter! I'm impressed. Pretty game!

#3929 4 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

I finished my 1958 Sunshine

Great looking game and a great restore as well!

Ken

#3930 4 years ago

That playfield looks beautiful, it's a credit to your hard work. It shines like a tanner on a sweeps arse! I don't know what happened to Gottliebs art in the late 60s and 70s, but that pf art work leaves them for dead. A pic of the back glass would be nice.

#3931 4 years ago

just need a new bg glass if I could ever bgrestro to respond to my emails.

20150331_152631.jpg
#3932 4 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

20150331_152631.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Dave, I'm working with Steve Azzam now on some pitch and bat glasses. You are using his address with his name and not the one on the website right?

#3933 4 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

20150331_152631.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

How come a few years ago I had never heard of a Bally Skill Roll and now I've seen six or seven of these in the last year? Talk about the flavor of the month......

#3934 4 years ago

was told the web address was the best bet....

#3935 4 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

If he does, a pair of them with shipping is a pretty good deal (at least it was when I bought a pair of those glasses from Steve).

But what the heck is that doing out East?

What did you settle on for the cab repaint paint? Seems like Bally may have used an interesting two-part style paint (that had the gray and white in it). I know I saw a reference to that paint last year, but the name escapes me now. I think it was Z-something (for the modern equivalent)?

#3936 4 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

If he does, a pair of them with shipping is a pretty good deal (at least it was when I bought a pair of those glasses from Steve).
But what the heck is that doing out East?
What did you settle on for the cab repaint paint? Seems like Bally may have used an interesting two-part style paint (that had the gray and white in it). I know I saw a reference to that paint last year, but the name escapes me now. I think it was Z-something (for the modern equivalent)?

Zolatone. The coin-op industry started using it in the mid 1950's.
http://www.zolatone.com/

#3937 4 years ago
Quoted from DennisDodel:

Zolatone. The coin-op industry started using it in the mid 1950's.
http://www.zolatone.com/

yeah, that's it. I thought it was a good candidate for matching that funky Bally finish.

Thanks, Dennis.

#3938 4 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

yeah, that's it. I thought it was a good candidate for matching that funky Bally finish.
Thanks, Dennis.

I am refurbishing 3 Bally Spinners but I do not think that Zolatone has the exact formula that was used on these games. The finish really looks closer to the trunk spatter paint that Zolatone made.

#3939 4 years ago
Quoted from DennisDodel:

exact formula that was used on these games.

No lead in that right?

#3940 4 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

was told the web address was the best bet....

Pm'd you with the e-mail address I've been using

#3941 4 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

You're right. Buying 2 restored backglasses from Steve is cheaper because he can ship 2 in a box as opposed to one. Plus, the artwork is already done

#3942 4 years ago

Yeah, but how many guys can stockpile Skill Rolls like Dirt?

#3943 4 years ago

My 3 current and a past couple. Great games. Had fun with all of them. I allways liked drop target games. Some had a good game and others great artwork.

DSCN5076.JPG december 2009 002.jpg december 2009 001.jpg
#3945 4 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Well, I finished my 1958 Sunshine. Last stage was cleaning, waxing pf and new rubbers and it now plays so nice and snappy. The quality Gottlieb has in these games is amazing. The p/f is massively better than any 70's game I have owned. The wood grain around the pop bumpers is like burr walnut! The marbled posts don't have so much as a crack in them. No wonder Gottlieb's slogan was 'no substitute for quality'.

Dude your game looks amazing! I am super jelly! It looks like a ton of fun. I personally love that is has those rollovers between the flippers like my Central Park and some Gobble Holes like my Slick Chick.

#3946 4 years ago

I won 1st place for best 60's game at the Texas Pinball Festival. I also won two red "runner up" ribbons for my Surf Side I will post that picture tomorrow when I have the game back together.

11050822_10200506436099905_178867140235499728_n.jpg
#3947 4 years ago
Quoted from mtbpinball:

My 3 current and a past couple. Great games. Had fun with all of them. I allways liked drop target games. Some had a good game and others great artwork.

DSCN5076.JPG (Click image to enlarge)
december 2009 002.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
december 2009 001.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

All three great games. I just secured a Target Alpha today (been looking for a while!) in good condition and will be picking it up April 19. Can't wait!

#3948 4 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

I won 1st place for best 60's game at the Texas Pinball Festival. I also won two red "runner up" ribbons for my Surf Side I will post that picture tomorrow when I have the game back together.

11050822_10200506436099905_178867140235499728_n.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Congratulations, Rat! That's awesome!

#3949 4 years ago
Quoted from goldenboy232:

All three great games. I just secured a Target Alpha today (been looking for a while!) in good condition and will be picking it up April 19. Can't wait!

TA is a good game - you'll like it - congrats

#3950 4 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

11050822_10200506436099905_178867140235499728_n.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Even the ribbons are big down there in Texas - nice job

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 7,899.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 156.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Gloucester, MA
There are 12132 posts in this topic. You are on page 79 of 243.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside