Topic Stats

• 11,594 posts
  • 652 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 days ago by Dee-Bow
  • Topic is favorited by 178 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 7,567 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

8B0C2336-0E34-4ABB-BB5E-C5AC897BFD4E (resized).jpeg
20190511_182104 (resized).jpg
20190511_182055 (resized).jpg
20190511_182042 (resized).jpg
2019-04-21 19.42.27 (resized).jpg
2019-04-21 19.42.42 (resized).jpg
20190508_201221 (resized).jpg
20190508_201204 (resized).jpg
20190508_201202 (resized).jpg
20190508_201145 (resized).jpg
20190508_201142 (resized).jpg
DSC05758 (resized).JPG
DSC05761 (resized).JPG
geminiIMG_3972 (resized).JPG
geminiIMG_3974 (resized).JPG
geminiIMG_3987 (resized).JPG

There are 11594 posts in this topic. You are on page 58 of 232.
#2851 4 years ago

It is time to clean up the Flipper. I found some great old footage of the place this probably came from. The old Pike in Long Beach. Halfway through there is onboard footage of the famous Cyclone Racer that was built in 1930 and closed in the late 60s. There is also a clip of walking through one of the large arcades.
http://www.youtube.com/embed/rXbEqX6OQWw?autoplay=1&rel=0

DSCN2821.JPG

#2852 4 years ago

#2853 4 years ago

nice score gizzard... i'm glad that machine went to one of "us"...

#2854 4 years ago

anyone get the el dorado he was selling also

#2855 4 years ago

here is a great hard to find game

20140708_101710.jpg 20140708_101716.jpg 20140708_101723.jpg 20140708_101730.jpg
#2856 4 years ago

That is so cool. I've not ever seen an Astro. I like their use of Star Trek on the play field.

#2857 4 years ago

i really wish they would have used the "astro" artwork on "4 square"... the "4 square" artwork isn't bad, but the "astro" is better...

#2858 4 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

here is a great hard to find game

This game has moved near the top of my current want list. I like the same games that you do.....

20140708_101716.jpg 123 KB

20140708_101710.jpg 162 KB

20140708_101723.jpg 205 KB

20140708_101730.jpg 231 KB

#2859 4 years ago

dave
I keep my real want list on the down low
it never fails when I post I want something, everyone and their brother is now looking for it.
so I have a want list and then I have a want want list
astro play as well as 4 square but so much more pleasing to look at!

#2860 4 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

dave
I keep my real want list on the down low it never fails when I post I want something, everyone and their brother is now looking for it.

That makes sense. Once you announce you are looking for a specific title, it raises interest in that title.

Throw them all off and say you're desperately searching for a 1973 Bally Circus.

#2861 4 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

dave
I keep my real want list on the down low
it never fails when I post I want something, everyone and their brother is now looking for it.
so I have a want list and then I have a want want list
astro play as well as 4 square but so much more pleasing to look at!

I've been looking for one for the last year but like a lot of others would not buy it unless it were local and the price was right

#2862 4 years ago

There was a nice looking Astro forever on Milwaukee Craigslist at $600. It must have been listed for 6 months or more. It would get reposted over and over. Eventually I decided I should probably pursue it and of course then it disappeared.

#2863 4 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

There was a nice looking Astro forever on Milwaukee Craigslist at $600. It must have been listed for 6 months or more. It would get reposted over and over.

That's because no-one on Pinside was talking about it

#2864 4 years ago

it really is too bad they didn't come up with a "different" cabinet paint scheme though, because it does not go at all with the artwork... that's one way that 4 square is a bit better "cosmetics wise", the cabinet art goes with everything else...

#2865 4 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

it really is too bad they didn't come up with a "different" cabinet paint scheme though, because it does not go at all with the artwork... that's one way that 4 square is a bit better "cosmetics wise", the cabinet art goes with everything else...

I agree Chris and I vote we put manitouguy (Ron) on the job!

#2866 4 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

+ a lot... i bet ron could design/produce some rather cool cabinet artwork for that...

if he did decals, i might be able to overcome my aversion to aab's and swap out my 4 square for one...

#2867 4 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

if he did decals, i might be able to overcome my aversion to aab's and swap out my 4 square for one...

Try it, you might like it. Nobody says you have to be all one or the other. Boilerman, O-din and Hoov have given them a chance…

Of course I say that and currently have none.

#2868 4 years ago

I still like 4 Square Chris. I went to that game 1st as soon as I walked through the doors at the bowling alley when I was a kid.

#2869 4 years ago

I agree 4 square is a great player BG art is good but the PF art is so plain. I can say that 4 square was the only machine I owned for over 10 yrs. so many others came and went but it managed to stay for a reason.
even though I have mostly replays I do like the AAB games that are not to easy.
the only exception are the flipper series, the were made only as AAB and all are good games top two IMO are flipper and flipper parade

#2870 4 years ago

4 Square is a game i regret selling from my collection because of playability first and sentimental reasons too. Man i miss the sounds of the bells/gongs on that game. Great find on the Astro...doesn't look like it has many plays on it from the pic's.

#2871 4 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

anyone get the el dorado he was selling also

Yeah some guy got it the same day for 650. The playfield was a little rough and had a bad paint touch up toward the lower set of drop targets. The backglass had some lifting.

The acd playfield is near perfect. And cleaned up w no swerels. The backglass is perfect. I think it was worth the 650 I paid for it

#2872 4 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

Try it, you might like it. Nobody says you have to be all one or the other. Boilerman, O-din and Hoov have given them a chance…
Of course I say that and currently have none.

yea... actually, i wouldn't mind an aab at all...

Quoted from hoov:

I still like 4 Square Chris. I went to that game 1st as soon as I walked through the doors at the bowling alley when I was a kid.

yea, i still like mine too... it's a good fun pinball machine... it's my best friend's favorite, and swmbo actually likes the art (go figure)... it isn't going anywhere...

Quoted from boilerman:

...BG art is good but the PF art is so plain...

yup...

Quoted from Vic_Camp:

4 Square is a game i regret selling from my collection because of playability first and sentimental reasons too. Man i miss the sounds of the bells/gongs on that game. Great find on the Astro...doesn't look like it has many plays on it from the pic's.

it is in a good home... you have visitation rights if you are ever in the area...

#2873 4 years ago

I ended up getting a 4 square in a trade for a Mata Hari I had. Dare I say I like 4 square more? Granted to art isn't as good but man I love the gameplay.

Lol I think the story behind the 4 square is about doing mescaline. ."micro dots". And your playing on a blank playfield which is the normal world and your trying to collect all the micro dots. Once all collected you go into the other psychedelic relm. I guess that's the magic or art and how you interpret it.

#2874 4 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

I agree 4 square is a great player BG art is good but the PF art is so plain. I can say that 4 square was the only machine I owned for over 10 yrs. so many others came and went but it managed to stay for a reason.
even though I have mostly replays I do like the AAB games that are not to easy.
the only exception are the flipper series, the were made only as AAB and all are good games top two IMO are flipper and flipper parade

Would love to play all the Flipper series - they all look great .

#2875 4 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

yea... actually, i wouldn't mind an aab at all...

yea, i still like mine too... it's a good fun pinball machine... it's my best friend's favorite, and swmbo actually likes the art (go figure)... it isn't going anywhere...

yup...

it is in a good home... you have visitation rights if you are ever in the area...

Thanks...is my scheduled PM index card still inside the game?

#2876 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

It is time to clean up the Flipper. I found some great old footage of the place this probably came from. The old Pike in Long Beach. Halfway through there is onboard footage of the famous Cyclone Racer that was built in 1930 and closed in the late 60s. There is also a clip of walking through one of the large arcades.
http://www.youtube.com/embed/rXbEqX6OQWw?autoplay=1&rel=0

DSCN2821.JPG 177 KB

Thanks for 8mm movies of you and your family. I saw you waving, 5th kid on the rocket merry go round. I think.
It was interesting, thanks again for sharing it with us.

#2877 4 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

you guys are trying to get me onto another project hey ...

now if someone would just help me find my other 'want' list machines i might just be persuaded

i was tempted to pick up an astro but it had been cleared, i LOVE the robot art on the backglass ...

funny, i too was thinking the same on its cabinet art ... all rigth i will add that to my 'to do' list as i already have some ideas for that !!

#2878 4 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

Thanks for 8mm movies of you and your family. I saw you waving, 5th kid on the rocket merry go round. I think.

Did you see my crazy uncle?

#2879 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Did you see my crazy uncle?
» YouTube video

Another clip, where do you find this stuff?

Flipper is an AAB, right. What have been your high scores so far?

#2880 4 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

where do you find this stuff?

On the inter-webs. Now if I could only find my wallet.

Edit- found it!

#2881 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

On the inter-webs. Now if I could only find my wallet.
Edit- found it!

how about your glasses and switch adjuster?

#2882 4 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

how about your glasses and switch adjuster?

All present and accounted for.

#2883 4 years ago
Quoted from Vic_Camp:

Thanks...is my scheduled PM index card still inside the game?

image-616.jpg

#2884 4 years ago

My JP woodrail.

SS woodrail EM

#2885 4 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

My JP woodrail.
SS woodrail EM

JP_woodie.jpg 88 KB

Resto-mod.

#2886 4 years ago

This is long overdue, but I bought Stashyboy's restored Blast Off in May and had it shipped from New York to Minnesota. It was a bit of an ordeal for him to coordinate pickup with the local STI subcontractor—they were utterly disorganized—but I'm grateful for his patience. The game looks great and plays like gangbusters. It's nice to get a plug-and-play game every now and then.

WMS Blast Off

#2887 4 years ago

Magic Clock revisited. It has been almost a year since Stashyboy posted a quick link for this beauty on the e-bay thread. I had just got home from work, and I saw his post.

Quoted from stashyboy:

Run!, don't walk for this one-
ebay.com link » Magic Clock Pinball Machine
rare and in nice condition for a great price! plus the funky unique cabinet!

I took a few moments to think and hit buy it now for $450. How could I not? It was in Oceanside not far away. Not too many of these out there from what I gather. It has become a favorite two player game in my garage. The artwork is classic Molentin and the backglass is still nearly flawless. The playfield has some wear, but it is still very playable.

DSCN2840.JPG
DSCN2842.JPG
DSCN2834.JPG

#2888 4 years ago

Glad you are still enjoying it O-Din. I esp like the 'for service call' tag on the apron. (and the drink holder!)

#2889 4 years ago

Oh yeah. We are enjoying it. One point at a time.

#2890 4 years ago

Cow Poke AAB with some patina. There is 1 for sale in Alberta $3200. Now I am not the Pin Price Policeman, but giddy up. Will someone talk me out of this one, based on price alone. I figure I will email him a serious offer in cash for $650. Really Dude!

#2891 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Oh yeah. We are enjoying it. One point at a time.

One point at a time? or one drink at a time?!

#2892 4 years ago

I've finally joined the EM club, and was able to get a Wedgehead.

Love the art on these babies. This backglass is in superb condition and looks great in person. Thanks to Pinsider Mikeincali for the nice transaction!

IMG_1628.jpeg IMG_5109.jpeg
#2893 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Love the art on these babies. This backglass is in superb condition and looks great in person. Thanks to Pinsider Mikeincali for the nice transaction!

Sure Shot is a great Gottlieb Wedgehead, a keeper in my book and better than the 60's version Bank-A-Ball in Gameplay IMO. BAB has the cool mechanical Backbox but does not have that many direct shots that can be made from the Flippers like Sure Shot and relies more on luck than skill IMO once again.

Ken

#2894 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

IMG_1628.jpeg 215 KB

IMG_5109.jpeg 200 KB

Good choice

Good price as well as it's a fast, fun game. Set it around 5 degree pitch, wax her up and you should be good to go! Worth cleaning the score reels - they look real nice and I have to do this on every game.

I own Bank Shot - the shot layout is identical - it's just that one gives you replays, the other extra balls. They play identical so it comes down to the AAB v replay debate! Overall, I prefer replays so Sure Shot has the edge.

#2895 4 years ago

Nice machine RobT I had a 65 Bank a Ball back in the 90's and it is virtually 90% the same game play. Enjoy this machine which I am sure you will.

#2896 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

IMG_1628.jpeg 215 KB

IMG_5109.jpeg 200 KB

well done rob... looks real nice...

#2897 4 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

Cow Poke AAB with some patina. There is 1 for sale in Alberta $3200. Now I am not the Pin Price Policeman, but giddy up. Will someone talk me out of this one, based on price alone. I figure I will email him a serious offer in cash for $650. Really Dude!

I looked closer at the photos. The backglass art work is lifting, there is playfield wear. The cabinet has wear as well. So I offered $450. Lets see if I get a reply, hopefully the reply does not have any F words in it.

#2898 4 years ago

good luck Darcy ... where is a pick of the playfield wear ... that we could maybe rectify nicely with a decal or two ??

#2899 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Welcome to the club! Congrats on the Sure Shot - looks nice.

#2900 4 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

I looked closer at the photos. The backglass art work is lifting, there is playfield wear. The cabinet has wear as well. So I offered $450. Lets see if I get a reply, hopefully the reply does not have any F words in it.

Seller's probably been checking out Pin Rescue prices..........

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
£ 37.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
€ 3.70
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Charles Town, WV
750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Point Blank, TX
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bakersfield, CA
£ 31.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
£ 29.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys
$ 999.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
$ 17.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 84.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 11594 posts in this topic. You are on page 58 of 232.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside