Topic Stats

• 12,115 posts
  • 678 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 hours ago by dozer1
  • Topic is favorited by 185 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 7,941 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_20191110_193917187 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191024_154651251 (resized).jpg
AT2 (resized).jpg
AT1 (resized).jpg
20191110_181329 (resized).jpg
20191110_181312 (resized).jpg
20191108_140747 (resized).jpg
20191108_140157 (resized).jpg
20191108_135936 (resized).jpg
20191108_135858 (resized).jpg
20191108_135949 (resized).jpg
20191108_140114 (resized).jpg
20191108_140044 (resized).jpg
20191108_135822 (resized).jpg
bar (resized).jpg
31762911-E7F3-4632-99E5-9968D7473A96 (resized).jpeg

There are 12115 posts in this topic. You are on page 93 of 243.
#4601 4 years ago

I am in shock and awe that not one person has hit me up for a trade. I have 3 Gottliebs as trade bait for Bally zipper flipper games. from 1966-1973.

#4602 4 years ago

I just rejoined the club. I used to have a Volley, which I sold last year. I missed having an EM and so picked up a Vulcan yesterday. It's in good shape--just needs a few things here and there. I've had a blast working on it today. This experience reminds me what's so special about EMs and makes me want to get more. If I can figure out a place to put them, I will. Great stuff!

#4603 4 years ago

It's 4am and I spent 4-5 hours putting Fireball back together. I am beat! Fireball is gleaming and so slick! I just have to tweak the machine gunning kickers and clean a few odd areas where I missed some dried wax and all is good!

IMG_2165.JPG IMG_2167.JPG IMG_2168.JPG IMG_2169.JPG IMG_2170.JPG IMG_2172.JPG
#4604 4 years ago

So here we go again with my first line of wedgeheads...

965.jpg

But now also with so more details...

El Dorado... all original, mylar on the playfield, took al long time to find one

968.jpg
967.jpg

Abra Ca Dabra... that was my first wedgehead... super nice original condition plus (not really needed, but it is okay) chrome package, playfield protector and plastic protectors (which i am going to replace since the color is too strong), close to perfect cabinet.

970.jpg
969.jpg

Sky Jump... very nice all original condition. I was afraid that the tax decals would detroy the apron, but when I got the machine - surprise, they are on the playfield glass

973.jpg
971.jpg
972.jpg

Buckaroo... super original playfield, repainted cabinet. Regarding gameplay compared to the others... seems like the others are at least ten years ahead

976.jpg
974.jpg

And now I am working on my second line...

First member:
Bowling Queen - also very nice original condition

978.jpg
977.jpg

coming up - King of Diamonds, a very nice Aerobatics and a beautiful Slick Chick (with a lot of work to get it working again)

#4605 4 years ago

Nice machines frg! That's quite the collection you have going!

#4606 4 years ago
Quoted from frg:

So here we go again with my first line of wedgeheads...
965.jpg

A lovely collection-congrats

#4607 4 years ago

Hey thanks, I am really happy that I was "open minded" enough to get into the EM stuff. Pinball was not a part of my youth or childhood. Actually my first game of pinball was on Terminator 2. After killing 5 Deutsche Mark within "seconds", I decided... Okay I am a better beer drinker than pinball player

So my "comeback" was then 2006 with buying a STTNG for the office... with a delay of another three years I totally got addicted - ending up in loving nearly all the pinball machines out there. And the single players are really special to me.

#4608 4 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

Nice machines frg! That's quite the collection you have going!

(and you might recognize that KOD when it arrives...)

#4609 4 years ago
Quoted from oldcarz:

Yep, and according to the IPDB: " 'Dragonette' artwork satirized the popular 'Dragnet' television show.
David Gottlieb hired singer Jessica Dragonette to appear at coin machine functions. However, Michael Gottlieb informs us that his father Alvin remembers no correlation between her and the Dragonette pinball machine, and that this pinball machine was purely a spoof of Dragnet."
Similar to GizzArd, I got my Dragonette from a nearby Pinsider (thank you Harry), and also had our mutual friend Russ/Pinrescue, help to detail it and get 100% after being moved.
As o-din verifies, it's a one-more-time game and can hold you for a long time. Great game, GizzArd and I wish you and all the other owners best of luck with their's.
Since most of my machines have had Russ' hands in them, I give an acknowledgement for his assistance in the videos I make...
» Vimeo video

Oh woow thanks for the reply. Yeah it really is quite the player. Russ did such a amazing job on this machine.

The trap holes really change the geography of the playfield. Once filled the ball in play travels differently causing change in the game. Getting the 1-8 is a lot of fun and the center special rollover is tough as nails to get in. It def has its play it again factor that's for sure.

Oh by the way I watched your video a million times cause I was so excited to get this machine.

This machines convinces me to save my money for the better machines and not waste my time getting the others. It's that good

#4610 4 years ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

(and you might recognize that KOD when it arrives...)

I figured it might be the one I used to own.

#4611 4 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

I figured it might be the one I used to own.

That one gets around.

#4612 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

That one gets around.

From Utah to Odin to Rat_Tomago to NicoVolta to frg....I should say so.

#4613 4 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

Fireball is gleaming and so slick!

That ball it just going to be flying around on that playfield. It will be quick ball times. Fun Fun Fun! Looks great BTW.

#4614 4 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

That ball it just going to be flying around on that playfield. It will be quick ball times. Fun Fun Fun! Looks great BTW.

The playfield is slick as ice and kicking my ass! It feels like I unboxed this game for the first time in 1972 with all the new rubbers, bulbs and a playfield like ice.

#4615 4 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

From Utah to Odin to Rat_Tomago to NicoVolta to frg....I should say so.

Is it cursed?

#4616 4 years ago

Not cursed. Just too easy.

#4617 4 years ago
Quoted from Toyguy:

Posted this initially about 10 days ago. She was a Craigslist pickup from New Hampshire. It was disgustingly filthy and completely inoperative. I've been at it 4-5 hours a night since bringing it home and I'm happy to say it's now running like a champ and looking a lot better. A new backglass from BGresto will finish it off, as the original is fractured into several pieces.
Before:
DSCN1220.JPG
After:
DSCN1264.JPG
DSCN1262.JPG
Flash shows off what the dark hides on the backglass Got a record of my first played game though!
DSCN1263.JPG

Used to have the 4 player version of that game. It was my first machine. My backglass had the same issues. Glad you're able to get a new one!

#4618 4 years ago

It is a globetrotter!

#4619 4 years ago
Quoted from cyroute:

Wife really likes the EM's so I picked up these three in the past couple of weeks. All are working 100%. I guess I will need to learn how to fix them if something goes wrong.

20150609_071510.jpg(Click image to enlarge)

I want your Flip Flop

#4620 4 years ago

Latest line up in my 'study' !

Spaced out nicely so can see cabinet sides and walk in between. But I can see room for one more.....

Another room is going to be a dedicated 50's woodrail room - work in progress. And there are others here and there.

IMG_8634.JPG

IMG_8635.JPG
#4621 4 years ago

Works in progress---
HH RG (Small).JPG

Getting serious about clearing the High hand playfield.
Cleaning out my paint booth (err.. garden shed) today. On the fence about doing touch up, may just clear it & leave the patina.

#4622 4 years ago
Quoted from dasvis:

Works in progress---
HH RG (Small).JPG

Is that a Thunderbird?

#4623 4 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

Is that a Thunderbird?

Good eye.
Yes 1964 convertible in Arcadian blue. My 2nd car ever-- bought it July 5th, 1978. Need to get it out more.

#4624 4 years ago

The 1/4 panel contour, the lack of a wheel well molding, the mirror, and rear seat area. Were the hints I had. Colour is always tough as photos slightly alter the hues. Now were is the Fender Skirt?

#4625 4 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

The 1/4 panel contour, the lack of a wheel well molding, the mirror, and rear seat area. Were the hints I had. Colour is always tough as photos slightly alter the hues. Now were is the Fender Skirt?

Skirt is under the car. I added air to the tires last weekend -- Drove it to Hot August nights in Reno back in 1999, but it's been several years since it has been on the road. Will likely need to rebuild the carb, replace the fuel pump, & flush the fuel lines. We will see. Since the pinball bug bit the interest in the bird has diminished ....

#4626 4 years ago

Shapeshifter your machines are absolutely beautiful!

#4627 4 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

Shapeshifter your machines are absolutely beautiful!

Thanks!

They are in date order and it's fun moving from 1960 - 1978

#4628 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

This is an interesting game as it has only four GI bulbs in it. Two in the backbox and two in the thumper bumpers. Every other bulb goes on or off depending on what happens during gameplay.
The numbers on the right of the backglass start out lit and go out as you make each hole and the letters Pinky light up as you make the corresponding lane shots. The bulbs under the playfield plastics go on to indicate a higher score at that bumper if the correct insert at the bottom of the playfield is lit.
The inserts at the bottom wheel change as you hit the rollover button. It is also lit for special if you complete all numbers and letters and the upper right skill lane lights for special after completing just the six numbered holes.
DSCN3700.JPG
DSCN3703.JPG

Is this a match made in heaven? ! CA as well.

If I wasn't out of space, this would be tempting. Can't be many around.

ebay.com link » 1950 Williams Dreamy Pinball Machine

#4629 4 years ago

So where does this little ripper fit? Not an EM, but based on a wordily 50's EM, sort of.
DSCN1417.JPGI think WHIZBANG has blurred the lines! loving it sick.

#4630 4 years ago

I took a few of the current lineup.

DD and RB.jpg

Ding Dong is totally restored. River Boat is all original except for a repainted front panel.

PP and Surfers.jpg

Pinball Pool and Surfers have new glasses, and PP's playfield has been touched up and cleared. Cabs are original.

RG and TS.jpg

Royal Guard and Triple Strike are complete restorations, including new backglasses.

overall.jpg

I wish I had more room. Top Card and Hot Line are stored and Drop A Card is undergoing restoration. Here's the score motor before and after cleanup. DAC motor before.jpg

DAC motor after.jpgDAC motor after 2.jpg

And a couple for Rat...

Surfers head.jpgSurfers pf.jpg

#4631 4 years ago

I'd say it's a solid state, like EBD etc. I love the idea of modernizing old games and making new ones, but I'm not sure there's enough of a market for that sort of thing. I think there is a bit of a trend of appreciation for the simpler rule set type games lately too, so maybe we'll see a few of these coming out.

Quoted from oldskool1969:

So where does this little ripper fit? Not an EM, but based on a wordily 50's EM, sort of.
DSCN1417.JPG I think WHIZBANG has blurred the lines! loving it sick.

#4632 4 years ago
Quoted from EMsInKC:

I took a few of the current lineup.

Nice lineup!!

#4633 4 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Is this a match made in heaven? ! CA as well.
If I wasn't out of space, this would be tempting. Can't be many around.
ebay.com link » 1950 Williams Dreamy Pinball Machine

Yep wanna try that one. Love the art and weird layout.

#4634 4 years ago
Quoted from EMsInKC:

And a couple for Rat...

One of these days money will hemorrhage from my bank account and I will find a Bally Surfer.

#4635 4 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

One of these days money will hemorrhage from my bank account and I will find a Bally Surfer.

In the meantime you can probably still afford to eat at All American Burger.

th.jpeg

#4636 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

A dollar and a nickel just might cut it.

#4637 4 years ago
Quoted from EMsInKC:

I wish I had more room.

Same here. I had to strategically arrange furniture to fit the three pins in my house. (to me, "storage" is like "out of sight out of mind")

That Surfer backglass is very cool, similiar to Magic City in some ways.

#4638 4 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Latest line up in my 'study' !
Spaced out nicely so can see cabinet sides and walk in between. But I can see room for one more.....
Another room is going to be a dedicated 50's woodrail room - work in progress. And there are others here and there.

UGH! you have a Hit the Deck! So Jealous. I'm searching for that game. Line up looks nice

#4639 4 years ago

set up a few in the garage to do some fine tuning
strange world up next for restore/paint

20150614_212607.jpg 20150614_212522.jpg 20150614_212531.jpg
#4640 4 years ago

Bally Surfer b/g made my heart skip a beat.....what a gem!

First Ive heard of Jerry Kelly the artist. He did Capersville and Beat Time as well which I thought were Christian Marche pieces.

e: Looks like Kelly did artwork for Ballys German export market
e3: and now I want a Wiggler......

wiggler.jpg
#4641 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

th.jpeg

or at Captain Hook's Fish and Chips!

fasttimes.jpg
#4642 4 years ago
Quoted from stashyboy:

fasttimes.jpg

Aye aye, sir...

#4643 4 years ago
Quoted from greenechidna:

Bally Surfer b/g made my heart skip a beat.....what a gem!
First Ive heard of Jerry Kelly the artist. He did Capersville and Beat Time as well which I thought were Christian Marche pieces.
e: Looks like Kelly did artwork for Ballys German export market
e3: and now I want a Wiggler......

wiggler.jpg

I've always thought it was a cool glass, and I like that a large portion of it is illuminated. Some backglasses have very limited illuminated parts. Most of this one is.

I had a repro made and I sold the original glass, which had some flaking here and there, to a dude in Norway. He wanted that glass bad. I made a crate to ship it in. Cost about $350 to FedEx it to Norway.

#4644 4 years ago
Quoted from stashyboy:

I know you! You used to work at All American Burger!

_spicoli2.jpg
#4645 4 years ago
Quoted from EMsInKC:

I had a repro made and I sold the original glass

You sent a Wiggler glass into BGResto? If so, awesome. I want one for wall art until I get my own machine.

#4646 4 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

You sent a Wiggler glass into BGResto? If so, awesome. I want one for wall art until I get my own machine.

No, I had Surfers reproduced, not the Wiggler. Wasn't by bgresto, they didn't exist at the time.

#4647 4 years ago

I just got on BGResto and they have done "The Wiggler" no "Surfers" or "Capersville" unfortunately but they have done 4 Million BC as well

#4648 4 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

I just got on BGResto and they have done "The Wiggler"

Come on over Dan and I will show you My "Wiggler".

Ken

#4649 4 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

Ken

Not sure I want to know what goes on in Texas..

#4650 4 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

I just got on BGResto and they have done "The Wiggler"

Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

Ken

Whatever you do Rat, do not smell the towel!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 135.00
Lighting - Led
LED OCD
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Machine - For Sale
Salinas, CA
$ 29.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 45.00
$ 14.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 22.00
$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus
$ 21.00
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Gloucester, MA
$ 16.95
$ 46.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 99.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Sales
$ 44.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Forever
1,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Odenton, MD
£ 29.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 12115 posts in this topic. You are on page 93 of 243.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside