Topic Stats

• 12,132 posts
  • 680 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by midniight
  • Topic is favorited by 185 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 7,948 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20191117_141652 (resized).jpg
20191117_140230 (resized).jpg
20191117_140237 (resized).jpg
20191117_140224 (resized).jpg
20191117_140217 (resized).jpg
IMG_3103 (resized).JPG
IMG_3102 (resized).JPG
IMG_20191110_193917187 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191024_154651251 (resized).jpg
AT2 (resized).jpg
AT1 (resized).jpg
20191110_181329 (resized).jpg
20191110_181312 (resized).jpg
20191108_140747 (resized).jpg
20191108_140157 (resized).jpg
20191108_135936 (resized).jpg

There are 12132 posts in this topic. You are on page 57 of 243.
#2801 5 years ago

image-522.jpg. Wedgeheads wedged! Gotta get another gottlieb to keep it going.

#2802 5 years ago
Quoted from btw75:

If you look closely you'll see my mini-split AC - its completely insulated. I keep the temp from 64 to 84 degrees depending on the season. Currently, since I'm in the shop, its at 76.

now THAT is a proper garage...

Quoted from way2wyrd:

Thats my garage. Havent got the mini split yet but its on its way
--Jeff

split/ductless air conditioning is one of modern man's greatest inventions... it has made my old house much more liveable in the summer (brick with old school radiators for heat, no ducts and no place to put them)... it was one of the best days of my life when we were finally able to get rid of the window shakers and had the ductless units installed throughout the house... not to mention my electricity bills in the summertime are well less than half what they used to be...

i need to check out those radiant barriers, thanks for noting those...

#2803 5 years ago
Quoted from GizzArd:

. Wedgeheads wedged! Gotta get another gottlieb to keep it going.

image-522.jpg 82 KB

i like the pattern of reverse wedgie/wedgie...

what is the one in the corner? i can't see it well enough on my screen...

#2804 5 years ago
Quoted from btw75:

I tend to undersell on purpose by highlighting the worst. I haven't even had a nibble, so maybe I've just over priced it or people are worried its going to be remade like MM and IM...

EDr? we need a "rumoured remake" thread in the em world, just for s&g...

price seems good from where i sit... maybe you need to toss a "RARE!!!" or two in there...

#2805 5 years ago
Quoted from GizzArd:

. Wedgeheads wedged! Gotta get another gottlieb to keep it going.

That is cool. And the nice thing is if you tighten 'em up you've got room for one more...probably.

#2806 5 years ago

BTW75:
That is a very nice line up. We have a 2001 and a Pro Football as well and are looking to add an El Dorado. We are probably like you as we like to get them un restored and bring them back to life ourselves. There is one in our area that a guy might be getting rid of but it is a family treasure and he hasn't come to the realization that it doesn't fit his house yet. (his partner doesn't want it and they are turning the room it is in into a walkin closet) So we just wait till that day comes if it ever does.

I'm surprised you want to sell yours but if you don't like playing it I understand. Our 2001 is on of my favorite machines. I go to it to play all the time over most of out other ones. We found it in a garage in terrible condition just covered with filth and other junk piled on it. We got it for $50 not even thinking it would clean up well much less play. It is now one of our treasures.

Also where do you have them listed? On here?

#2807 5 years ago
Quoted from KingNine:

BTW75:
That is a very nice line up. We have a 2001 and a Pro Football as well and are looking to add an El Dorado. We are probably like you as we like to get them un restored and bring them back to life ourselves. There is one in our area that a guy might be getting rid of but it is a family treasure and he hasn't come to the realization that it doesn't fit his house yet. (his partner doesn't want it and they are turning the room it is in into a walkin closet) So we just wait till that day comes if it ever does.
I'm surprised you want to sell yours but if you don't like playing it I understand. Our 2001 is on of my favorite machines. I go to it to play all the time over most of out other ones. We found it in a garage in terrible condition just covered with filth and other junk piled on it. We got it for $50 not even thinking it would clean up well much less play. It is now one of our treasures.
Also where do you have them listed? On here?

I have el d listed here, that and the others are on Austin Craigslist. I went though a big buying spree and now just need to thin out what doesn't do it for me and move on. While part of me wants to own one of everything, it just doesn't make me any more happy!

#2808 5 years ago
Quoted from btw75:

I have el d listed here, that and the others are on Austin Craigslist. I went though a big buying spree and now just need to thin out what doesn't do it for me and move on. While part of me wants to own one of everything, it just doesn't make me any more happy!

I understand. Our collection is "getting out of control" too lol. Wedge Heads are an area we (my brother and I) are looking to expand though. Need to move out others to do it.

#2809 5 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

i like the pattern of reverse wedgie/wedgie...
what is the one in the corner? i can't see it well enough on my screen...

Oh it's a williams double barrel.

#2810 5 years ago

I'll try to post a few photos of my machines. This is a great topic. Not pictured, EM Mata Hari and Capt. Fantastic, both out for service.

PB100002.JPG PB100003.JPG PB100004.JPG PB100005.JPG PB100007.JPG PB110002.JPG PB110008.JPG
#2811 5 years ago

Very nice bally lineup. That Fireball just gleams.

#2812 5 years ago
Quoted from atpcfiaim:

I'll try to post a few photos of my machines. This is a great topic. Not pictured, EM Mata Hari and Capt. Fantastic, both out for service.

Wow! An Evel Knievel EM! Way cool! I would love to play that one!

Ken

#2813 5 years ago

Wow great games. I'd love to play that klondike

#2814 5 years ago

Thanks, Rat. Any time you are in town, Ken. I picked up most of these games when I lived in Boise. The Old Chicago I picked up in Nampa.
For some reason none of my Gottliebs showed up. I'll have to take more photos.

#2815 5 years ago

not just 1, but 2 p&b's...

#2816 5 years ago
Quoted from GizzArd:

Wow great games. I'd love to play that klondike

Come on over!

Ken

#2817 5 years ago
Quoted from atpcfiaim:

Thanks, Rat. Any time you are in town, Ken. I picked up most of these games when I lived in Boise. The Old Chicago I picked up in Nampa.

It's a small world after all. I sold my Williams King Pin to Tim in Washington.

Thanks for the invite, but we are moving soon to Fort Worth Texas and you will be a million miles away at that point.

I sure would have liked to play your Old Chicago too!

Ken

#2818 5 years ago
Quoted from atpcfiaim:

Good choice with rare titles. I'm jealous !

#2819 5 years ago
Quoted from MikeO:

Also, I had Mike replate a half dozen of the playfield glass receiver channels a couple years ago. I had him chrome plate them thinking that is what original was. Got them home and found they were originally nickel plated. The chrome plating stands out compared to an original. You mention nickel plating above. Is he going to nickel plate it for you?

I got them back from Mike today, not only do they look brand new, the packaging was excellent. Each is bagged then wrapped with foam in a mail tube. I will keep two that will go into future projects in the air tight bags for now.
A bit pricy for an average game restoration, but for something high end/a real keeper, there is no substitute!

#2820 5 years ago
Quoted from stashyboy:

I got them back from Mike today, not only do they look brand new, the packaging was excellent. Each is bagged then wrapped with foam in a mail tube. I will keep two that will go into future projects in the air tight bags for now.
A bit pricy for an average game restoration, but for something high end/a real keeper, there is no substitute!

I thought about doing this, how much for each?
or did you pay per lot

#2821 5 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

I thought about doing this, how much for each?
or did you pay per lot

$35 each for 3, plus $26 shipping, so that's $131 plus your time.....
The weight adds up pretty quick and you are paying both ways. He does business like PBR-old school. Send him a check after you receive the parts!

#2822 5 years ago

^^^

that is pretty reasonable for plating...

#2823 5 years ago

WIN_20140702_083218.JPGHeres my one and only machine. I haven't seen it posted yet. Just received it within the last month, has some wear and tear and the green jets stick sometimes. Seeing as its summer in Milwaukee not much will be done until winter.WIN_20140702_083148.JPGWIN_20140702_083156.JPGWIN_20140702_083202.JPGWIN_20140702_083209.JPGWIN_20140702_083228.JPG

#2824 5 years ago
Quoted from angrysaladman:

Heres my one and only machine. I haven't seen it posted yet. Just received it within the last month, has some wear and tear and the green jets stick sometimes. Seeing as its summer in Milwaukee not much will be done until winter.

That's a really fun machine. Enjoy it.

#2825 5 years ago
Quoted from ReallifePin:

That's a really fun machine. Enjoy it.

The outlanes are HUGE

#2826 5 years ago
Quoted from angrysaladman:

The outlanes are HUGE

They do look huge now that I go back and look at them.

edit: "That's what she said"

#2827 5 years ago

Looks like a fun machine. Art work is very cool

#2828 5 years ago

Machine is fun but the roulette wheel is a little lame. Random results for the same shot. But I suppose if you have long enough games the odds level out.

#2829 5 years ago

I borrowed this nice Kings and Queens from a friend.

photo 2.JPG photo 3.JPG
#2830 5 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

I borrowed this nice Kings and Queens from a friend.

photo 2.JPG 147 KB

photo 3.JPG 151 KB

'Possession is 9/10 s of the law'
Tomorrow, run down to Home Depot and get new numbers for your house, he will never find your place again. LOL

#2831 5 years ago

I picked up an Air Aces today.
DSCN2804.JPG

#2832 5 years ago

Nice! Who is that playing it?

#2833 5 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

'Possession is 9/10 s of the law'
Tomorrow, run down to Home Depot and get new numbers for your house, he will never find your place again. LOL

I don't think Xerico Pinball would like that. It will be the next pin I purchase. I will just wait for the Wade Krauss excitement to dissipate. In the meantime I will have one of Wade's re-pros in hand waiting to drop it in a project machine.

#2834 5 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

Who is that playing it?

We all are.

#2835 5 years ago

DSCN2809.JPG

#2836 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

This may be the best thread ever!

I walk away for a week or so, and I have 2,220 unread comments..... WOW!

#2837 5 years ago

Air Aces is a fun, fast, and challenging game. Especially when multiple players are involved. But with the difficulty of the game, it suits a single player just fine. Knocking the drop targets down may not look like much of a challenge, but getting back up to the kick-out holes to collect your reward adds another dimension. The out lanes are a bit unforgiving too.
DSCN2815.JPG

#2838 5 years ago

Air Aces. Another gilt-edged winner.

#2839 5 years ago

DSCN2820-380.JPG

#2840 5 years ago

I see "Big Albino" is still in the mix.

#2841 5 years ago

Yep. Big Albino is still there, but the guy I got the Air Aces from was very enthused, so I sold it to him.

We are having a lot of fun with AA, as it is nice to have a four player game back in the garage line-up. It is the first Bally to use drop targets. They reset after you knock them all down or at the end of the ball.

#2842 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Yep. Big Albino is still there, but the guy I got the Air Aces from was very enthused, so I sold it to him.
We are having a lot of fun with AA, as it is nice to have a four player game back in the garage line-up. It is the first Bally to use drop targets. They reset after you knock them all down or at the end of the ball.

Very underrated pin IMO. Bally's answer to Jack in the Box and Dave Christensen Art to boot. Plus, I love the bright Colors he used. Stark contrast to Old Chicago.

#2843 5 years ago
Quoted from CactusJack:

Very underrated pin IMO. Bally's answer to Jack in the Box and Dave Christensen Art to boot. Plus, I love the bright Colors he used. Stark contrast to Old Chicago.

Being that So Cal was a Bally mecca back in the day, I'm surprised I don't remember seeing one of these on route . None of us do. Which is what makes it a nice score. There may have been one at Big Johns, but I can't be certain. This one says "Malibu coins only" on the coin chute. So it must have been at a Malibu Grand Prix at one time, I reckon.

#2844 5 years ago

I previously posted a picture of my extremely nice River Boat that I got from a friend. The only things that needed to be done were a repaint of the front panel, repainting the wooden rails on the playfield, and a general shining up of the front. Recently accomplished all those things. This is such a great game.

Also, my newest purchase, a Williams Triple Strike. bgresto to the rescue on the glass, and a cab repaint is in the future, it's fairly rough. But the playfield is in very nice shape and the game plays well.

rbfront.jpg

#2845 5 years ago

tshead.jpg

#2846 5 years ago

My latest one.

Big Hit 3 001.JPG
#2847 5 years ago

Big Hit 3 004.JPG
#2848 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Being that So Cal was a Bally mecca back in the day, I'm surprised I don't remember seeing one of these on route . None of us do. Which is what makes it a nice score. There may have been one at Big Johns, but I can't be certain. This one says "Malibu coins only" on the coin chute. So it must have been at a Malibu Grand Prix at one time, I reckon.

I do. Plush Cue in Canoga Park had one. That is where I first saw it and fell in love. As I recall, I picked mine up out of a high rise appartment building in Hollywood or somewhere near by. That was one of the strangest places I expected to find an EM pinball. And my first move of one in a passenger elevator. Oh the good old days of The Recycler hunt!

#2849 5 years ago

Picked up a abracadabra on sat. He had it listed for 800 and I got him down to 650. It's in amazing shape with a perfect backglass and a amazing playfield. It's really a great machine I've been wanting one for awhile. This is a keeper for sure

image-780.jpg image-61.jpg image-893.jpg image-253.jpg image-64.jpg image-629.jpg
#2850 5 years ago
Quoted from GizzArd:

Picked up a abracadabra on sat. He had it listed for 800 and I got him down to 650. It's in amazing shape with a perfect backglass and a amazing playfield. It's really a great machine I've been wanting one for awhile. This is a keeper for sure

I've been coveting one of those for years! Team One is the same but I believe has an add a ball instead. I like the magic theme better of Abracadabra.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 14.99
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Gloucester, MA
There are 12132 posts in this topic. You are on page 57 of 243.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside