20240413_220233 (resized).jpg
20240413_220215 (resized).jpg
20240413_220225 (resized).jpg
20240413_220229 (resized).jpg
20240413_220209 (resized).jpg
20240413_220211 (resized).jpg
20240413_220207 (resized).jpg
20240413_220203 (resized).jpg
There are 13,748 posts in this topic. You are on page 59 of 275.
#2901 9 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

Seller's probably been checking out Pin Rescue prices..........

I think your right. A perfect original example will be valuable. This pin needs some help. Also the long ad the seller has does not mention if it works correctly or not. I'm not holding my breath on this one.

#2902 9 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

hopefully the reply does not have any F words in it.

Free?

#2903 9 years ago

Thanks for the comments guys, glad to be part of the club.

Had my friend and his family over for a BBQ yesterday. I wanted to show him my "old school" pinball machine. He is not a pinhead by any means, and this is the first pin I've had in a long time that really pulled him in! Very addicting, and I loved watching him continuously pushing the start button after each game!

I really think that the "easy to understand, hard to master" aspect pulled him in compared to my DMDs.

Loved it!

#2904 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I've finally joined the EM club, and was able to get a Wedgehead.

Nice Rob! So let me get this straight. You sold your Medieval Madness and bought my Nascar. Then you sold Nascar to buy a Sure Shot? Good job! Sounds like you are moving in the right direction! Congrats!

Quoted from stashyboy:

One point at a time? or one drink at a time?!

Both!

#2905 9 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

astro play as well as 4 square but so much more pleasing to look at!

Astro is currently my favorite GTB AAB pin.
That is why it was one of the first pins i brought with me in my move up north and set up in the basement.
(only 350+ more to go)
It is just challenging enough to play and earn extra balls, normally at least one AAB per game,
but on occasion you can get on hot streak and "rape" the game,
but also just as easily be shutout the next.
I also love the theme and artwork, much more so than the generic 4SQ (semi-psychedelic artwork)

#2906 9 years ago

#2907 9 years ago

I have heard that term used before.

#2908 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Magic Clock revisited. It has been almost a year since Stashyboy posted a quick link for this beauty on the e-bay thread. I had just got home from work, and I saw his post.

I took a few moments to think and hit buy it now for $450. How could I not? It was in Oceanside not far away. Not too many of these out there from what I gather. It has become a favorite two player game in my garage. The artwork is classic Molentin and the backglass is still nearly flawless. The playfield has some wear, but it is still very playable.

DSCN2840.JPG 204 KB

DSCN2842.JPG 167 KB

DSCN2834.JPG 180 KB

I'm surprised "Fabulous Fantasies" never did a remake of this game and called it "Magic C_ck"!

#2909 9 years ago

Fifty percent of the words will probably be "f-words" and the other fifty percent will likely start with a "y"!

#2910 9 years ago

A friend of mine just sent me this pic from cal x-treme. He said he wasn't sure what they are trying to accomplish. Something about re-theming a Hercules into a 4 Square. Not for the squeamish.

image-2.jpegimage-2.jpeg

#2911 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

A friend of mine just sent me this pic from cal x-treme. He said he wasn't sure what they are trying to accomplish. Something about re-theming a Hercules into a 4 Square. Not for the squeamish.
Image (auto-loading disabled)

image-2.jpeg 39 KB

No. That is Jack's 4 Square Squared - well kind of.

Jack plans to make a "Hercules" size version of 4 Square. He already made the head and the body. I am not sure how far along he was on the playfield. But he had promised the organizers that he would have the game there so he and a friend scrambled to put together what you see there ( I believe last year he had the whole large shell of the game complete with oversized Gottlieb Door casting). Not sure exactly why but If you knew Jack, you wouldn't ask.......

He is the same guy that made the Captain Fantastic that you had to wear Elton's shoes to play it.

He is gathering up the parts from junked Hercules to create the playfield.

#2912 9 years ago

Thanks! It looked to me like the body had shrunk but maybe the head was the right size. Good to know!

#2914 9 years ago
Quoted from CactusJack:

Jack plans to make a "Hercules" size version of 4 Square.

Quoted from o-din:

It looked to me like the body had shrunk but maybe the head was the right size.

Looks like it will be as much fun as playing Hercules, which looks about as much fun as being in Delaware.

Texas looks pretty cool though....

Ken

#2915 9 years ago

Picked up a gottlieb sheriff for 250 yesterday. Man this thing had some mechanical issues but now he runs great. I've been wanting to play this playfield for awhile and it's pretty darn fan. Gotta lotta tweakin to do

image-99.jpgimage-99.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg image-7.jpgimage-7.jpg
#2916 9 years ago

How rare is a 1967 Williams Touchdown?

#2917 9 years ago

They made over 2200 units back in 1967, but nobody knows how many are left.

#2918 9 years ago

I have one (refer to my profile cuz mobile pinside can't upload pictures) I'm thinking of committing a Pinball Sin by possibly re-theming my machine due to my dislike of American "Football" (Rugby with alot of padding)

#2919 9 years ago

Don't do it Johnny!
th-2-282.jpegth-2-282.jpeg

#2920 9 years ago

Haha, if I do re-theme it I will get the artist to do the art in the same style as Touchdown

#2921 9 years ago

Still though, I guess it is in fairly good condition, but the art is starting to crack off and the wood isn't in to great condition, uhh I also need a new backglass because the one it has is knackered, the whole cabinet needs stripping and re painting, every piece of metal is pretty much slightly/totally rusted :/ for the same price it could be re themed uhhhh decisions decisions

#2922 9 years ago
Quoted from GizzArd:

Picked up a gottlieb sheriff for 250 yesterday. Man this thing had some mechanical issues but now he runs great. I've been wanting to play this playfield for awhile and it's pretty darn fan. Gotta lotta tweakin to do

Great find and great price too!

I've never played one but a lot of folks here like that game that have it along with the 2-player Lawman.

#2923 9 years ago
Quoted from GizzArd:

image.jpg 112 KB

image-7.jpg 106 KB

image-99.jpg 121 KB

Gizz, you're really on a roll! You stole that game! Nice! You're up to __ games now, and had __ games two months ago.

#2924 9 years ago

>Gizz, you're really on a roll! You stole that game! Nice! You're up to _ games now, and had _ games two months ago.

Yeah I got 5 games (big deal, 4square, beat the clock, acd, sheriff) and sold four(Mata Hari, firepower, solar city and thoro bred.

So I had 8 and now I'm at nine.

I'm just going bat shit crazy for EM machines! If I see a deal on old williams or any EM gottlieb I'm on it.

#2925 9 years ago
Quoted from GizzArd:

Yeah I got 5 games (big deal, 4square, beat the clock, acd, sheriff) and sold four(Mata Hari, firepower, solar city and thoro bred.

Any regrets selling your Williams Triple Action?

Ken

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#2926 9 years ago

Well I kinda regret selling any machine( except my solid states) but I look at what I have now and I really think I honed down what type of game I really like. Triple action was cool. I was able to get three of the four targets down with one shot. Spinner was cool and I loved the art. Am I happier with the machines I have now? Heck yeah. Do I regret selling it no but I may end up wi it again if it crosses my path.

#2927 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Something about re-theming a Hercules into a 4 Square.

It was about 2 or 3 years that Jack started that project,
(with some help from Pete Cooley and Wade Krause)
and he did bring (to a previous CAX show 2-3 years ago)
a Hercules sized routed out "whitewood" with 4SQ2 layout PlayField and the oversized head with blow up of 4SQ translite, along with the other castings and placed it all into a recycled Hercules CAB, that Reinie describes, but game was for display only as it did not actually play.
Then Jack's son was born and the project has been on the back burner since.
I donated an project 4 Square pin i had, that he used to scan the plastics and backglass to be blown up to Hercules size and the wireloom from my donor 4SQ will be re-worked and extended as the basis for the wiring on the jumbo pin when or if it is ever completed.

#2928 9 years ago
Quoted from GizzArd:

>Gizz, you're really on a roll! You stole that game! Nice! You're up to games now, and had games two months ago.
I'm just going bat shit crazy for EM machines! If I see a deal on old williams or any EM gottlieb I'm on it.

Gotta say, as an EM guy, if I had the space, one of the early SS games I'd love to own would be "Firepower". And, I love "Mata Hari" too. Did you sell the "Thoro-Bred" to "cantbefrank"? He was thinking about buying one; just wondering if he got yours. Well, you're doing it the way it should be done; selling the ones you don't want to make room for the ones you want. Some of the Williams titles are definitely great games; "Teacher's Pet" for one, and there are many others. You got the fever bad, but it's great, isn't it? "ACD" is such a hot game lately. I had to add it to my wanted list. If it happens, it happens. Happy hunting!

#2929 9 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Gotta say, as an EM guy, if I had the space, one of the early SS games I'd love to own would be "Firepower". And, I love "Mata Hari" too. Did you sell the "Thoro-Bred" to "cantbefrank"? He was thinking about buying one; just wondering if he got yours. Well, you're doing it the way it should be done; selling the ones you don't want to make room for the ones you want. Some of the Williams titles are definitely great games; "Teacher's Pet" for one, and there are many others. You got the fever bad, but it's great, isn't it? "ACD" is such a hot game lately. I had to add it to my wanted list. If it happens, it happens. Happy hunting!

I ended up selling the thoro bred to a guy on craigslist for 450. He really got a deal on it cause it was in pristine condition cause it was in the same house since 1967. See I end up selling games cheap cause another one pops up and I can't spend any more money into the hobby. Firepower is a great game. It's a must have. I had it for three years and just didn't play it. I sold it to get my acd. And yes I'm very happy with the switch. But if I see a firepower in the wild ill play some games on it.

Yeah I have the fever bad. I love it though....it's def a drug. The hunt, the deal, the bringing back to life,the feeling of figuring something out, and the game play is what brings me back for more.

#2930 9 years ago

This is a Yukon special., (not my pic), but mine looks just like it. (mine is not missing the plastic).When I get pics, I will replace this one.

image-2.jpgimage-2.jpg

#2931 9 years ago

Here are a few of my restores. El Dorado is in Australia, World Fair went to England, I still have Spin Wheel, great pin.

Many awaiting treatment.

Inlineup 001.jpgInlineup 001.jpg
#2932 9 years ago

Unbelievable. Was having a great game on my Sure Shot, best score by far, and I thought for sure I was going to roll it. Had the middle pop bumper lit for 1000 points. I was literally one pop bumper shot away from rolling it when I drained my last ball.

NOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

IMG_3770.jpegIMG_3770.jpeg
#2933 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Unbelievable. Was having a great game on my Sure Shot, best score by far, and I thought for sure I was going to roll it. Had the middle pop bumper lit for 1000 points. I was literally one pop bumper shot away from rolling it when I drained my last ball.
NOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

IMG_3770.jpeg 130 KB

'That's EMs for ya" Just about got it......one ....last shot..... Then a drain, yikes, now it is hair pulling time. You will be back for more I just know it. Fun, Fun, Fun. Got to Love them pins.

#2934 9 years ago

Note to those that live in So. Cal. buy up all the machines you can before RobT gets them all.

#2935 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

NOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

IMG_3770.jpeg 130 KB

Sounds 'one more game like'
Is the roll it score on Sure Shot 199999?
I think most mid to late 70's this is roll score?
Hardest game I owned to roll was Melody - 9999. Never did it!

#2936 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

NOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

I have mine set to give a Replay at 100,000, so I would have said the same thing.

Ken

#2937 9 years ago

From reflection in back glass it looks like you had that bastage one ball left. That’s my only knock on this game is that one ball not being some type of available direct shot from the flippers. Definitely need those pops on top very "poppy" to get that ball back thru the top rollovers.
To enhance the make ability of getting that one ball I have implemented the one and only “mod” that I do to all my games…Disable that plumb-bob tilt mechanism…

Good score by the way!!!

#2938 9 years ago

On Sure Shot, there is a 100,000 points light. It is that white rectangle box below the score windows. The highest score it can count is 199990.

#2939 9 years ago

yes darcy - white box in piano is for the 100 000

i like sure shot because it is the only gb wedge head i have that has an end of ball bonus, up to 15k i think (1k for each lit ball in rack if i am not mistaken)

regards, Ron

#2940 9 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

'That's EMs for ya" Just about got it......one ....last shot..... Then a drain, yikes, now it is hair pulling time. You will be back for more I just know it. Fun, Fun, Fun. Got to Love them pins.

Yep, the "just one more game" pull is very strong on these EM's.

Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

Note to those that live in So. Cal. buy up all the machines you can before RobT gets them all.

Quoted from tuffano:

From reflection in back glass it looks like you had that bastage one ball left. That’s my only knock on this game is that one ball not being some type of available direct shot from the flippers. Definitely need those pops on top very "poppy" to get that ball back thru the top rollovers.
To enhance the make ability of getting that one ball I have implemented the one and only “mod” that I do to all my games…Disable that plumb-bob tilt mechanism…
Good score by the way!!!

Good eye! Yes, only the 1 ball was left. So close, yet so far away...

Quoted from Darcy:

On Sure Shot, there is a 100,000 points light. It is that white rectangle box below the score windows. The highest score it can count is 199990.

That's cool, thanks for the info.

#2941 9 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

I'm hoping to pick up some of his overflow..

#2942 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Yep, the "just one more game" pull is very strong on these EM's.

Good eye! Yes, only the 1 ball was left. So close, yet so far away...

That's cool, thanks for the info.

So, when are you buying your next em??!

#2943 9 years ago

A few of my Gottlieb games.

P1010028.JPGP1010028.JPG P1010029.JPGP1010029.JPG
#2944 9 years ago
Quoted from atpcfiaim:

P1010028.JPG 179 KB

P1010029.JPG 217 KB

sweet, I think i might keep my Touchdown as a Touchdown, still, has anyone added any toys to your pins

#2945 9 years ago
Quoted from atpcfiaim:

P1010028.JPG 179 KB

P1010029.JPG 217 KB

nice line up!

#2946 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

NOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

Image (auto-loading disabled)

IMG_3770.jpeg 130 KB

Sometimes, ending a game with 199,990 feels so much better than 102,240.

#2947 9 years ago
Quoted from PinBiohazard:

sweet, I think i might keep my Touchdown as a Touchdown, still, has anyone added any toys to your pins

there's not really a lot of "toy adding" or pimping that goes on in the em community... people tend to leave their games be, with the exception of some adding some led lighting...

#2948 9 years ago
Quoted from PinBiohazard:

On EM games there is not the same amount of room between the glass and the playfield plastics. So if adding anything, and it can be done, it needs to fit. Toppers can be added, either remote powered or just static displays. Hey, it is your pin do what you want. If you plan to sell your pin make sure the modification is removable, and it will not leave any damage. Have Fun.

#2949 9 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

there's not really a lot of "toy adding" or pimping that goes on in the em community... people tend to leave their games be, with the exception of some adding some led lighting...

I think it's acceptable to carefully cut out pics from an old Playboy and decoupage them to the sides of the head, if it's heavily damaged. I haven't done this yet but when I do, I will tell my wife: "It came that way - I can't remove them or the game will lose value! Patina!!"

#2950 9 years ago

This is all because we need more pictures of EM machines. (This thread will never die!)

photo 1.JPGphoto 1.JPG slickchick.JPGslickchick.JPG photo 4.JPGphoto 4.JPG NS.JPGNS.JPG photo 3.JPGphoto 3.JPG KandQ-679.JPGKandQ-679.JPG photo 2.JPGphoto 2.JPG KOD.JPGKOD.JPG photo 5.JPGphoto 5.JPG
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pomona, CA
$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

£ 38.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Red Oak, TX
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

1,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Staunton, VA
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

Gameroom - Decorations
Pin Art

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 24.50
$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
£ 31.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

There are 13,748 posts in this topic. You are on page 59 of 275.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/em-show-us-your-em-pinball-machines/page/59 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.