Topic Stats

• 12,115 posts
  • 678 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 hours ago by dozer1
  • Topic is favorited by 185 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 7,941 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_20191110_193917187 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191024_154651251 (resized).jpg
AT2 (resized).jpg
AT1 (resized).jpg
20191110_181329 (resized).jpg
20191110_181312 (resized).jpg
20191108_140747 (resized).jpg
20191108_140157 (resized).jpg
20191108_135936 (resized).jpg
20191108_135858 (resized).jpg
20191108_135949 (resized).jpg
20191108_140114 (resized).jpg
20191108_140044 (resized).jpg
20191108_135822 (resized).jpg
bar (resized).jpg
31762911-E7F3-4632-99E5-9968D7473A96 (resized).jpeg

There are 12115 posts in this topic. You are on page 56 of 243.
#2751 5 years ago
Quoted from stashyboy:

My Big Hit restore is done. Pretty happy with it.

Very nice

#2752 5 years ago
Quoted from stashyboy:

My Big Hit restore is done. Pretty happy with it. Still waiting for the nickel-plated metal channel just below the neck. I'm trying out Mike Chestnut's plating service to see how they look. Not cheap, but reasonable considering the amount of work involved. I hope you'all appreciate a mostly original game. A few touch ups, and some extra lites behind the flipper buttons and under the center shooter label.

Damn, yours looks so nice!

This game is one of the most under - rated em's out there. Just a ton of fun to play and loud.......real loud!

P6211021-812.JPG 114 KB

P6211013-193.JPG 240 KB

P6211009.JPG 162 KB

P6211006-600.JPG 129 KB

P6211015.JPG 107 KB

P6211019-809.JPG 169 KB

Damn, yours looks so nice!

This game is one of the most under - rated em's out there. Just a ton of fun to play and loud.......real loud!

#2753 5 years ago
Quoted from stashyboy:

My Big Hit restore is done. Pretty happy with it. Still waiting for the nickel-plated metal channel just below the neck. I'm trying out Mike Chestnut's plating service to see how they look.

I noticed Dirt commented how lucky you are to have the top drop target playfield plastic in one piece. If you want to keep it that way I recommend you double ring behind the drop targets. You will thank me later.

Also, I had Mike replate a half dozen of the playfield glass receiver channels a couple years ago. I had him chrome plate them thinking that is what original was. Got them home and found they were originally nickel plated. The chrome plating stands out compared to an original. You mention nickel plating above. Is he going to nickel plate it for you? If so, I may send mine back and have them redone in nickel.

BTW, nice work on your game.

Mike O.

#2754 5 years ago
Quoted from MikeO:

I noticed Dirt commented how lucky you are to have the top drop target playfield plastic in one piece. If you want to keep it that way I recommend you double ring behind the drop targets. You will thank me later.
Mike O.

The ones I've seen are all broken in the upper right corner, right by the mini ball arch (away from the drops, but the same plastic). I always figured that was due to how the plastic overhangs the metal arch there, and the ball popping it. Double rings may not help that, but certainly can't hurt.

#2755 5 years ago

Yes, I specified nickel-plating (original) not chrome. It is cleared with Varathane and inserts filled. I'm not a big fan of double rings behind drops. As a concession to that, I added clear spacers under the plastic to raise it up a bit. (also helps with the chrome ball guide rubbing the underside of the plastic) Thanks for the kind words guys, and yes it is very loud! esp. when I was play testing with the back door and glass off!!
Agree it's more fun than I thought it would be.

#2756 5 years ago

Aquarius 011.jpgJust finished this. A very addictive game, I can't stop playing it. It was put in a Target Pool cabinet because the original was beyond repair. I'm keeping the TP art on the cab', at least for now. I prefer it to the correct Aquarius artwork. Aquarius finished 006.jpgAquarius 018.jpgAquarius cabinet finished 003.jpgAquarius finished 009.jpg

#2757 5 years ago
Quoted from nick-the-greek:

Just finished this. A very addictive game, I can't stop playing it. It was put in a Target Pool cabinet because the original was beyond repair. I'm keeping the TP art on the cab', at least for now. I prefer it to the correct Aquarius artwork.

Aquarius finished 006.jpg 232 KB

Aquarius 018.jpg 146 KB

Aquarius cabinet finished 003.jp... 234 KB

Aquarius finished 009.jpg 241 KB

Aquarius 011.jpg 237 KB

Wow - I really wish my Target Pool cab was that nice!

#2758 5 years ago

Wasn't that nice when I got it. It's had major touch ups, it isn't that good now, but a lot better.

#2759 5 years ago

image.jpg

#2760 5 years ago

In line for restoration. 1950 Gottlieb Knockout.
photo 1.JPG

#2761 5 years ago

@ johnnymg. Wow that is a beautiful machine!!! I would not believe my eyes if I owned that machine. How do you like it as a player?

#2762 5 years ago

@jimmyb. I'd like to see closer shots of that ring. There was a guy in Lancaster selling one and it's waay out of my league. Awesome though

#2763 5 years ago
Quoted from johnnymg:

image.jpg 175 KB

Great artwork from that era..........

#2764 5 years ago
Quoted from jimmyb:

In line for restoration. 1950 Gottlieb Knockout.

photo 1.JPG 223 KB

That playfield and backglass look nice!

#2765 5 years ago

I grew up playing that machine. My church had one of these and I the basement of the church house. Played it all the time. Grew up and had to have one in my home. Love it

#2766 5 years ago

here is a game i just finished..a bally skyrocket..

enjoy

#2767 5 years ago

ok i finally got all but the sing along set up(PF swap on sing along)
11 in the garage 8 in the basement
once i give them a quick tune up i hope to have some the local pinsiders over
for drinks a some pinball

20140625_145946.jpg 20140625_150001.jpg 20140625_150021.jpg
#2768 5 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

Looks like fun!

(and an Abra playfield on the rotisserie to boot)

#2769 5 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

Looks like fun!
(and an Abra playfield on the rotisserie to boot)

since i found the guts for the AcD head. i thought i would do all the work to the pf now and store the pf in the cabinet. it came out pretty good much better than i thought it would
and once i get time I will repair & repaint the cab and head.
i think once done it will be a pretty nice pin, so some local pinsider might be adding a abra to there line up soon!

#2770 5 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

i think once done it will be a pretty nice pin, so some local pinsider might be adding a abra to there line up soon!

perk!!!!!

#2771 5 years ago

i might have it done by the time i have the get together
you can test drive it......

#2772 5 years ago
Quoted from illawarra92:

here is a game i just finished..a bally skyrocket..
enjoy
ยป YouTube video

Wow, fast player. Beautiful game!

#2773 5 years ago
Quoted from GizzArd:

@jimmyb. I'd like to see closer shots of that ring. There was a guy in Lancaster selling one and it's waay out of my league. Awesome though

PLAYFIELD IS IN EXCEPTIONAL CONDITION FOR THE AGE. LITTLE TO NO WEAR.
BACKGLASS IS ALSO VERY NICE WITH JUST MINOR FLAKING.
EVERYTHING MECHANICALLY LOOKS TO BE THERE BUT GAME IS DEAD IN THE WATER.
I'M GONNA NEED HELP ON THIS ONE!!

unnamed.jpg
#2774 5 years ago

1-check fuses
2-check xformer output
2-hold the hold coil in
you should have something going on if all the above are good

#2775 5 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

20140625_145946.jpg 242 KB

20140625_150001.jpg 296 KB

20140625_150021.jpg 250 KB

Nice!

I would like to know how you rate Sweet Hearts and Target Pool in your line up as both intrigue me.

#2776 5 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Nice!
I would like to know how you rate Sweet Hearts and Target Pool in your line up as both intrigue me.

both are great players, sweethearts is one of my favorites, great art and great flow keeps you coming back for just one more game. target pool is a players game, lower balls can be had from flipper shots but the upper balls need to be had by nudging and using the upper slings. and yes chasing the lit arrows is a blast
if I had to put a number on them from 1-20 (all my pins 1=best) sweetheart would be 3 and target pool would be 8
I have sum good titles

#2777 5 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

both are great players, sweethearts is one of my favorites, great art and great flow keeps you coming back for just one more game. target pool is a players game, lower balls can be had from flipper shots but the upper balls need to be had by nudging and using the upper slings. and yes chasing the lit arrows is a blast
if I had to put a number on them from 1-20 (all my pins 1=best) sweetheart would be 3 and target pool would be 8
I have sum good titles

Let's see the whole ranking!

#2778 5 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

I have sum good titles

The cool thing about "Sweet Hearts" is how you can save a ball that has drained out the left outlane. There's a few other games where this is possible as well. I've done it with my "Flipper Fair".

#2779 5 years ago

I found an extra Atlantis sitting in DirtFlipper's garage. Finders, keepers!

Atlantis.jpg

Truthfully, this game was delivered from outside the area and Dirt's place was a much more convenient drop-off spot. I have the pleasure of being only 15 minutes from his house during the week.

#2780 5 years ago

Nice! Congrats. It seems like all the great Gottliebs pass through Dirt's garage at some point.

#2781 5 years ago

I call dibs on the next one!

#2782 5 years ago

Think of dirt as being a modern-day op. Games are always coming in and going out. Just put your request in - haha.

Edit: just read your post under the pic - ok dirt doesn't get the credit this time......

#2783 5 years ago

Way to go lm. Glad you found your holy grail.

Me thinks we need an "Atlantis Club" thread - wanna start it?

#2784 5 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

Just read your post under the pic - ok dirt doesn't get the credit this time.

Oh, I wouldn't say that. It was actually his find, but he let me chase it. Credit is due.

#2785 5 years ago

I like to think of it more as a concierge service...

I just connect the dots; it takes a lot of help from the pinball underground railroad to bring things together. All good for pinball karma, and several of you have contributed! Makes the hobby fun.

And every now and then I keep one...

#2786 5 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

The cool thing about "Sweet Hearts" is how you can save a ball that has drained out the left outlane. There's a few other games where this is possible as well. I've done it with my "Flipper Fair".

This "2nd chance" ball is possible on my Egg Head, as well. Great quirk in the apron design!

J

#2787 5 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

I like to think of it more as a concierge service...
I just connect the dots; it takes a lot of help from the pinball underground railroad to bring things together. All good for pinball karma, and several of you have contributed! Makes the hobby fun.
And every now and then I keep one...

we need to build a spur off that railroad and connect it to southern new jersey...

#2788 5 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

we need to build a spur off that railroad and connect it to southern new jersey...

The Minnesota to Illinois leg is already in the engineering stage

#2789 5 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

The Minnesota to Illinois leg is already in the engineering stage

sounds like i need to start driving a spike or two from this end...

#2790 5 years ago

My Wedgehead row as it stands today - the apex of my wedge collection.

P6271201.JPG

#2791 5 years ago

I would keep all but 2
nice collection
I bet it gets hot in that garage in the Texas summer

#2792 5 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

I would keep all but 2
nice collection

If you look closely you'll see my mini-split AC - its completely insulated. I keep the temp from 64 to 84 degrees depending on the season. Currently, since I'm in the shop, its at 76. Tough life, I know.

Which 2 would you get rid of? I'm trying to sell El D, Pro-Football, and have 2001 spoken for already. Those just didn't speak to me and I'm trying to not just collect to collect - asd tough as that is.

#2793 5 years ago

I will take that Kings and Queens off your hands when you are finished with it.

#2794 5 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

I will take that Kings and Queens off your hands when you are finished with it.

You just might get it, but not just yet.

#2795 5 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

Thats my garage. Havent got the mini split yet but its on its way

--Jeff

#2796 5 years ago
Quoted from way2wyrd:

Thats my garage. Havent got the mini split yet but its on its way
--Jeff

I used these radiant barrier foil panels - http://www.enerflexfoil.com/products.aspx - a couple of weeks ago when closing in our workshop. You just pop the panels between the roof rafters. Quick install with no tools or fasteners, so long as rafters are spaced 16 or 24 on center. When finished, I swear the temperature had dropped 20 degrees. I will put them in the house next.

I purchased mine through Home Depot for the workshop. Just looked up the website I linked above tonight, and prices are 50% higher at the Depot. Think I will be ordering direct when I do the house.

Post edited by PMcGee: not a spokesman, just a client

enerflex.jpg
#2797 5 years ago
Quoted from btw75:

If you look closely you'll see my mini-split AC - its completely insulated. I keep the temp from 64 to 84 degrees depending on the season. Currently, since I'm in the shop, its at 76. Tough life, I know.
Which 2 would you get rid of? I'm trying to sell El D, Pro-Football, and have 2001 spoken for already. Those just didn't speak to me and I'm trying to not just collect to collect - asd tough as that is.

I'm curious as to why no one has bought the El Dorado yet........

#2798 5 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

I'm curious as to why no one has bought the El Dorado yet........

I tend to undersell on purpose by highlighting the worst. I haven't even had a nibble, so maybe I've just over priced it or people are worried its going to be remade like MM and IM...

#2799 5 years ago

The problem is there are a TON of EMs for sale right now. Pinball machines are winter toys. Most people have an outdoor social life during nice weather and don't care about winter toys. Winter Toys are unloaded during the summer and vice versa. There is always an over saturation of games for sale in the summer. Keep it and sell it during TPF. The game I am seeing in the pictures is easily worth 1400-1600 to the right buyer. Your price of 1200 and then 1100 is a fire sale. I would have been jumping at the bit to buy it a year ago but now I am into the 60's games.

#2800 5 years ago
Quoted from btw75:

I tend to undersell on purpose by highlighting the worst. I haven't even had a nibble, so maybe I've just over priced it or people are worried its going to be remade like MM and IM...

Be patient. The right buyer will come along.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 49.00
There are 12115 posts in this topic. You are on page 56 of 243.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside