Topic Stats

• 12,202 posts
  • 685 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by JethroP
  • Topic is favorited by 184 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 8,001 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

D8E32D9A-DA05-4A3C-937B-DFBA9DB2F771 (resized).jpeg
20200113_223630 (resized).jpg
gm4 (resized).jpg
gm5 (resized).jpg
IMG_2990 (resized).JPG
IMG_2992 (resized).JPG
IMG_2991 (resized).JPG
image (resized).jpg
IMG_9421 (resized).jpg
IMG_9354 (resized).jpg
IMG_9349 (resized).jpg
IMG_9427 (resized).jpg
IMG_9417 (resized).jpg
IMG_9416 (resized).jpg
20191231_165347 (resized).jpg
IMG_9326 (resized).jpg

There are 12202 posts in this topic. You are on page 61 of 245.
#3001 5 years ago
Quoted from GizzArd:

One of mine the (beat the clock) was painted and I used magic eraser and some alcohol and it came off and the original paint wasn't bad at all.

Very cool machine.

Love those Williams!

Ken

#3002 5 years ago

Just picked up a slick chick from D.C. I got home from 950 to 700. It's I'm really nice condition. The guy was 60 and it was in his family's house where I bought it since he was fifteen. All original paperwork and everything. I was very sad to let it go I never experienced that before. Well it's going to a good home I can say that

image-191.jpg image-589.jpg image-606.jpg image-328.jpg
#3003 5 years ago
Quoted from GizzArd:

Just picked up a slick chick from D.C. I got home from 950 to 700. It's I'm really nice condition. The guy was 60 and it was in his family's house where I bought it since he was fifteen. All original paperwork and everything. I was very sad to let it go I never experienced that before. Well it's going to a good home I can say that

image-191.jpg 89 KB

image-589.jpg 105 KB

image-606.jpg 78 KB

image-328.jpg 65 KB

Nice theft I mean score! Congratulations you will love this game. There is a reason this guy held on to this machine for 45 years besides memories......it was the game play!

#3004 5 years ago

Wow! Nice score. That pin is schweeeeet! Where was it listed?

#3005 5 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

Nice theft I mean score! Congratulations you will love this game. There is a reason this guy held on to this machine for 45 years besides memories......it was the game play!

Thanks man. Yeah it really was a good deal IMO. He said people made him better offers but I was the first one. I really lucked out. Can't wait to play it all cleaned up. This is a keeper for sure

Quoted from jrpinball:

Wow! Nice score. That pin is schweeeeet! Where was it listed?

It was in the md, craigslist

#3006 5 years ago

looks good! now pull the pb mylar rings off and see what is under them
I will keep my fingers crossed that it is not to bad

#3007 5 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

looks good! now pull the pb mylar rings off and see what is under them
I will keep my fingers crossed that it is not to bad

Well I was expecting worse. It's all on the backside of the bumpers. What would you rate it?

image-166.jpg image-584.jpg image-434.jpg image-160.jpg image-908.jpg
#3008 5 years ago
Quoted from GizzArd:

Well I was expecting worse. It's all on the backside of the bumpers. What would you rate it?

Considering the age of the machine that wear around the Pop Bumpers is very minimal.

Ken

#3009 5 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

Considering the age of the machine that wear around the Pop Bumpers is very minimal.

Agreed. I've seen much more wear on bumpers that are 50+ years old. But I'm not so sure we should go there.

#3010 5 years ago

yes I have seen much worse! they were put on to help the machine not hide major wear.
nice machine
remember I am not to far if you need any help with it

#3011 5 years ago
Quoted from GizzArd:

image-584.jpg 90 KB

image-434.jpg 42 KB

image-160.jpg 65 KB

image-166.jpg 88 KB

image-908.jpg 110 KB

"Can easily be touched up with a Sharpie".

#3012 5 years ago
Quoted from GizzArd:

image-191.jpg 89 KB

image-589.jpg 105 KB

image-606.jpg 78 KB

image-328.jpg 65 KB

Looks a very nice original.

Any more photos??

#3013 5 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

yes I have seen much worse! they were put on to help the machine not hide major wear.
nice machine
remember I am not to far if you need any help with it

I really appreciate it. It's in pretty good shape I just have to go over everything. I'm going to really take your advise and really take my time. I have a issue where all the pops not working for the chick sequence. Hard to explain. I'll let you know. Thanks again

Quoted from jrpinball:"Can easily be touched up with a Sharpie".

Yeah I think I'm going to leave the playfield as it is. I just think for me it's in a condition where I rather say it's all original than "yeah I touched it up a little" but it would be a pretty simple fix

Quoted from Shapeshifter:Looks a very nice original.
Any more photos??

Once I get it all pretty I'll post more. Is there something you would like to see? I was going to take a pic of the play meter but it says 10,000 plays but I'm sure it was rolled

#3014 5 years ago

Oh my.. nice Slick Chick. If you want it rated as asked then the rating is "slightly played".. what you have is what all classic EM collectors want.. a great player with minimal wear. The ultimate machine is to find a great player that has not been played that much.. you have one. Leave the bloody thing alone!

#3015 5 years ago
Quoted from Retropin:

Oh my.. nice Slick Chick. If you want it rated as asked then the rating is "slightly played".. what you have is what all classic EM collectors want.. a great player with minimal wear. The ultimate machine is to find a great player that has not been played that much.. you have one. Leave the bloody thing alone!

Lol awesome! Well said

#3016 5 years ago

The second EM I bought. This one was advertised as "in great condition". The picture in the ad. didn't show much so I drove about 80 miles to have a look. When I saw it i offered the guy only a fourth of what he asked. With tears in his eyes he finally gave in.
in great condition

The guy didn't even know how to open it:

the hinge cover.

#3017 5 years ago

Big Hit.

Big Hit 3 001.JPG Big Hit 3 004.JPG Big Hit 3 007.JPG Big Hit 3 008.JPG Big Hit 3 009.JPG Big Hit 3 011.JPG
#3018 5 years ago
Quoted from Ramakers:

The second EM I bought. This one was advertised as "in great condition". The picture in the ad. didn't show much so I drove about 80 miles to have a look. When I saw it i offered the guy only a fourth of what he asked. With tears in his eyes he finally gave in.
in great condition
The guy didn't even know how to open it:
the hinge cover.

P1090720.JPG 216 KB

P1090734.JPG 107 KB

Damn,
What game is that? Hope you got a good deal!!

#3019 5 years ago
Quoted from GizzArd:

I really appreciate it. It's in pretty good shape I just have to go over everything. I'm going to really take your advise and really take my time. I have a issue where all the pops not working for the chick sequence. Hard to explain. I'll let you know. Thanks again

Yeah I think I'm going to leave the playfield as it is. I just think for me it's in a condition where I rather say it's all original than "yeah I touched it up a little" but it would be a pretty simple fix

Once I get it all pretty I'll post more. Is there something you would like to see? I was going to take a pic of the play meter but it says 10,000 plays but I'm sure it was rolled

Pics of back of backglass, front of game etc?

#3020 5 years ago
Quoted from poppapin:

Damn,
What game is that? Hope you got a good deal!!

This used to be a Bally Camelot. I payed 60€ (80$). Don't know it's a good deal, but I look at it as a real challenge.

#3021 5 years ago
Quoted from PhilC:

How is that Beat the Clock as a player? It's one I have never played. I love the old Williams games, they are just so hard to find in nice shape.

Man I really enjoy playing it. To me this is the best sounding bells of any of my machines. The play is different than anything I played. The locked ball in the middle of the playfield that shoots down for multiball always throws me off. The the way the flippers are also give it a feel all it's own. I love it. If you like early 60s williams I say get it. But your not getting mine: )

#3022 5 years ago

Strato-flite playfield.jpg

For some reason I have white pops on this Strato-Flite. Maybe some one knows why. I recently put "blue" bulbs in which looks much better.

Backglass.jpg
#3023 5 years ago

Buccaneer
20140716_224751.jpg20140716_223651.jpg

#3024 5 years ago

Just bumping my favorite thread.

#3025 5 years ago

Here is our new project. Been looking for just a nice backglass for about two years for wall art. I finally found one but it came with all this other junk for 150$? I bough the second playield to have a better core to work with but it's got his real funky hot pink fading on it and now I have the damndest desire to airbrush those flowers hot pink and lightly clearcoat it.

Need plastics BADLY. If anyone has em from a Crecendo / Psychedlic / Groovy and wants to part with them...let me know.

*edit* PHONE PLUS PC AT SAME TIME BAD...

image.jpeg
image_1.jpeg
image_2.jpeg
image_3.jpeg
image_4.jpeg
image_5.jpeg
image_6.jpeg
image_7.jpeg
image_8.jpeg

#3026 5 years ago

Here's a couple of KoDKoD 004.JPGKoD 001.JPG

#3027 5 years ago
Quoted from poppapin:

Here's a couple of KoDImage (auto-loading disabled)Image (auto-loading disabled)

KoD 004.JPG 259 KB

KoD 001.JPG 257 KB

Nice KOD. The Pinball Resource sells a sticker set for the Roto Unit to finish that fine game off!

#3028 5 years ago

Thanks CactusJack,
those are older pics, have since installed that sticker set from pb resource and they look great!!
Really makes it standout.

#3029 5 years ago

Really nice looking play field on your KOD. Awesome game.

#3030 5 years ago
Quoted from heatwave:

Really nice looking play field on your KOD. Awesome game.

Thanks, here's a couple more.KoD 002.JPGKoD 003.JPG

#3031 5 years ago

Surf Side - 1967

A bit dirty to start with
surf1.JPG

Melamine + alcohol cleans it up nicely
surf2.JPG

Quite an attractive machine. Fun as 1-player but SUPERB as 2-player... you can steal the multipliers.
surf3.JPG

New roto decals (thanks to Lee of Pinball Rescue!). Also every lamp socket replaced... backbox too. Nice and bright for decades to come. *whew*
surf4.JPG

Someone left an anonymous, appropriately-themed token of appreciation...
surf5.JPG

*GASP* what madness is this?!??!
surf6.JPG

Aha! Cabaret lighting! (colors since adjusted to the traditional red/yellow)
surf7.JPG

Rumor has it that Gottlieb stopped installing these because operators weren't replacing the bulbs. Too time consuming? Bah! Every one of mine gets 'em back!
surf8.JPG

Tired of those boring cards which look like laundromat instructions? Me too. A friend made a nice replacement.
card2.jpg

Gotta love the matching font and original style.
card3.jpg

Alas, this game is over...
card1.jpg

Surf Side is an excellent looking and playing game with wildcard opportunity for a free ball and some seriously crazy last-minute turnabouts in 2-player mode. Wonderful flow between upper and lower areas. Constant motion.

It's a keeper. Grab one if you can...

#3032 5 years ago

Thanks for posting. Very cool looking game - never had a chance to play one but it looks fun. I really like the idea of adding the 'cabaret' lighting! Have it on my KOD and Sing Along but not on Quick Draw - maybe I'll add it at some point.

#3033 5 years ago

that surf side ball in play card and font has to be the best! wish they did that on other titles
like those up flippers too! I would like to play that one a few times looks like fun

#3034 5 years ago

I had a Surf Side a dozen years ago.

The upper flippers and roto target, while unconventional, work pretty well together. It's one of the better multiplayer games from this era.

#3035 5 years ago
Quoted from heatwave:

Thanks for posting. Very cool looking game - never had a chance to play one but it looks fun. I really like the idea of adding the 'cabaret' lighting! Have it on my KOD and Sing Along but not on Quick Draw - maybe I'll add it at some point.

Installing the cabaret lighting around the top rail helps the upper area come alive. I do this upgrade on all my EM's. The default Gottlieb red/yellow sleeves work because Surf Side makes heavy use of blue/yellow/red primary colors. For other EM's with an abundance of cool green/purple/secondary colors it would be better to consider using color sleeves which match those instead.

I use Cointaker LED's in the pops, backbox, ball count window, and under the inserts... but no one has ever noticed. I'm very meticulous about LED selection and have pretty much settled upon a 'standard' which preserves the original look. I'll post the LED recipe in a different EM thread when I have an opportunity to photograph the results.

In the meantime... carry on, EM'sters.

#3036 5 years ago

OK as promised... pics with cabaret lighting installed. Now I'll stop hogging the thread. Next!

IMG_6026.JPG

IMG_6029.JPG

IMG_6031.JPG

#3037 5 years ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

Surf Side - 1967
A bit dirty to start with

Melamine + alcohol cleans it up nicely

Quite an attractive machine. Fun as 1-player but SUPERB as 2-player... you can steal the multipliers.

New roto decals (thanks to Lee of Pinball Rescue!). Also every lamp socket replaced... backbox too. Nice and bright for decades to come. *whew*

Someone left an anonymous, appropriately-themed token of appreciation...

*GASP* what madness is this?!??!

Aha! Cabaret lighting! (colors since adjusted to the traditional red/yellow)

Rumor has it that Gottlieb stopped installing these because operators weren't replacing the bulbs. Too time consuming? Bah! Every one of mine gets 'em back!

Tired of those boring cards which look like laundromat instructions? Me too. A friend made a nice replacement.

Gotta love the matching font and original style.

Alas, this game is over...

Surf Side is an excellent looking and playing game with wildcard opportunity for a free ball and some seriously crazy last-minute turnabouts in 2-player mode. Wonderful flow between upper and lower areas. Constant motion.
It's a keeper. Grab one if you can...

surf1.JPG 104 KB

surf2.JPG 98 KB

surf3.JPG 72 KB

surf4.JPG 83 KB

surf5.JPG 63 KB

surf6.JPG 58 KB

surf7.JPG 68 KB

surf8.JPG 59 KB

card1.jpg 65 KB

card2.jpg 74 KB

card3.jpg 68 KB

Two-player games of this era don't get much love from wedgehead snobs (like me), but I've always liked this one. Very nice restoration and great looking score card too. I'm not a big fan of irreversible mods such as drilling extra holes in the playfield, but it was tastefully done and does make the game pop. I said long ago that if I found a decent copy of this game, it would be a keeper.

#3038 5 years ago

Came home with a Bow and Arrow today. Very addicting gameplay.

I swear I'm becoming more and more addicted to these EMs. I'm just going to sell off all my DMD's!

IMG_6582.jpeg
IMG_6961.jpeg
IMG_6218.jpeg

#3039 5 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I swear I'm becoming more and more addicted to these EMs. I'm just going to sell off all my DMD's!

IMG_6582.jpeg 234 KB

IMG_6961.jpeg 242 KB

IMG_6218.jpeg 227 KB

Had one of these several years ago and sold it at the 15th annual Allentown show. It was nice, and I think I let it go too cheap. It played super fast and was a lot of fun. Great looking game too.

#3040 5 years ago

Quoted from RobT:

Nice.

Quoted from RobT:

Now your talking.

#3041 5 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Same here. I've noticed at pinball shows that my attention constantly drifts away from 90's DMD's back to the earlier SS/EM eras. It has everything to do with the replayability of risk/reward mechanisms. EM's give you less up front, but often make better long-term companions. DMD's are the opposite. Everything in your face within the first 90 seconds. Like the difference between a Kubrick and Michael Bay film.

As arcades evolved, so did the need to compete for foot traffic amid all the noise. Eventually, an attention-span threshold was crossed in '92 with Addams Family. SHOW-TIME! Great game, but also the beginning of the end.

I'm happy to see the success of WOZ because it proves that modern games can deliver the kind of longer-term aesthetic joys that EM's once did. Yes, the LCD screen is a bit overdone, but overall WOZ is a welcome return to classic design. That's why it still draws long lines at pinball shows. Just a pleasure to take it all in.

#3042 5 years ago

Here's my Surfer!

image-222.jpg image.jpg image-13.jpg image-539.jpg
#3043 5 years ago

here is the shopped flying carpet, it shines like a new penny!
and thanks to tuffano I knocked another off the want list!!!

20140831_093231.jpg image_2.jpeg
#3044 5 years ago

GiGi looks nice too!

#3045 5 years ago

I am jelly of the Gigi!

#3046 5 years ago

Ohhhhhh man I'd like to get that Gigi. (Drool) after getting that slick chick iooove them bumpers! Congrats on finally getting that flying carpet!

1 week later
#3047 5 years ago

I just finished reading all 61 pages of this thread. Some great photos and advice and stories, thanks everyone who contributed.

Hopefully I can contribute to it before too long. Still sorting out what I'm looking for to get my feet wet, but right now Abra Ca Dabra and Centigrade 37 are probably at the top of my list. Have an offer for the ACD, I'm starting to realize I'm going to have to let go of my aversion to shipping games if I want to be picky about titles.

#3048 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I'm starting to realize I'm going to have to let go of my aversion to shipping games if I want to be picky about titles.

Or be very, very patient! It seems that just when you finally get a title, others seem to pop right up locally.

#3049 5 years ago
Quoted from CactusJack:

Or be very, very patient! It seems that just when you finally get a title, others seem to pop right up locally.

That's true. I have been surprised at how many games on my want list have turned up locally. Sometimes it's taken years but I have had good luck with patience. Even then, it's not a guarantee...

#3050 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I just finished reading all 61 pages of this thread. Some great photos and advice and stories, thanks everyone who contributed.
Hopefully I can contribute to it before too long. Still sorting out what I'm looking for to get my feet wet, but right now Abra Ca Dabra and Centigrade 37 are probably at the top of my list. Have an offer for the ACD, I'm starting to realize I'm going to have to let go of my aversion to shipping games if I want to be picky about titles.

Or attend a pinball show where you can see & try out a bunch of games. And their usually for sale too!!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
7,500 (Firm)
Sale Pending!
Wimberley, TX
2,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Feasterville-trevose, PA
$ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
$ 84.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 11,500.00
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 86.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
1,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Charleston, WV
$ 89.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 135.00
Lighting - Led
LED OCD
Boards
PinSound
€ 95.00
Lighting - Led
FlipperLED
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 99.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Sales
$ 289.00
9,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cumming, GA
$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
$ 999.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
£ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballToys
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 12202 posts in this topic. You are on page 61 of 245.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside