20240413_220233 (resized).jpg
20240413_220215 (resized).jpg
20240413_220225 (resized).jpg
20240413_220229 (resized).jpg
20240413_220209 (resized).jpg
20240413_220211 (resized).jpg
20240413_220207 (resized).jpg
20240413_220203 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chippewa-pin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3382 9 years ago

Picked up a Gottlieb Spin out about a month ago. It was in pretty good shape. After fixing the roto until (thanks Boilerman!!) and making a few adjustments, she's all shined up and playing great!

(sorry for the glare in the pics...)

Head.jpgHead.jpg Playfield - lower-322.jpgPlayfield - lower-322.jpg Playfield - middle.jpgPlayfield - middle.jpg Playfield - upper.jpgPlayfield - upper.jpg
#3385 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Wow! It looks like nobody ever played it.

Only 37,776 times. The guy I bought it from said he had it since the early 80's and had it serviced once a year. Usually a good thing!

1 week later
#3407 9 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

added another one to the already over crowded garage
very nice machine near mint backglass great cab and flawless pf it is just dirty and needs a good cleaning
I never really played this one but a few times but was told by many that the one at Allentown this year was a great player so I thought I would give try.

I think that one will need to come home with me in the spring when I pick up the abra-ca-dabra!!

Rob

1 week later
#3451 9 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

thanks Vic, I have been pretty busy at work and I am surprised I got done as much as I have. I normally keep everything I pick up at least for a little while. one Abra is mine and the other belongs to Chippewa-Pin. I still have to go through the mechanicals but that is the time consuming part
once done I have a few bugs in the egg head I just finished then the new Goden arrow is getting a good cleaning. really what to put a 30-40 games on it to see if everyone that said JR's at Allentown was great was telling me the truth....the main reason I picked it up

I am the proud owner. Thanks for getting to it so quickly! I'm just praying for some good weather to travel over the PA turnpike to come get it when it's all done!

3 weeks later
#3505 9 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

finished my egg head, boy what a hard game

Wow. Looks slightly different than when you got it!! Nice work.

2 months later
#3990 9 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

Totally worth it though - congrats!

Agree. I picked up an ACD last fall and dropped it off at Boilerman's place for a refurb & cabinet repair/paint. I've been playing it constantly since I picked it back up a month ago. What a great pin and what great work Boilerman does!!

4 weeks later
#4186 8 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

dave sold my BaB a while ago and have been looking for a nice replacement since. this one is nice but not as nice as the one I sold.. but glad to have it.
it truly is one of the best games of the 60's hands down imo

I am the lucky recipient of the BaB he sold last year. Loving it!!

4 weeks later
#4480 8 years ago
Quoted from goldenboy232:

Drool. Would love to buy an Atlantis!

I'm closer! Boilerman has been keeping his eye out for one for me, but nothing yet. This will do!!

1 month later
#4806 8 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

got the strange world back together, and loving it.
it was well worth the wait

20150711_212303.jpg 20150711_212253.jpg 20150711_212231.jpg

Looks great!!

#4807 8 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Still looking for mint flyers of Hawaiian Beauty, Wishing Well, Ace High, World Champ if anyone has them?

Check with Pacak. He has World Champ. Not sure about the others.

3 weeks later
#4963 8 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

pf done now on to painting the cab

20150808_143945.jpg

Just saw this the other day. Dave does amazing work!

1 week later
#5002 8 years ago

Just picked up a C37 from yfz450 on my way home from NYC. Got to celebrate my grandsons 1st bday and now finally getting a C37. Great guy and a great pin. Thanks Joe!

C37 27.jpgC37 27.jpgC37 1.JPGC37 1.JPG

#5004 8 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

looks great
Atlantis and c37 in a few weeks
now what?

Thanks Dave. It's going to need some cabinet love from you at some point and some minor work, but plays pretty good as-is. Maybe another winter project for you? You did such a fantastic job on my ACD!!

Believe it or not, next isn't even a pin (gasp!) I'm supposed to be picking up a Crusin' World driving arcade from a friend of mine. Drew really wants one.

Really loving the C37, ACD & Atlantis in the lineup. It's tough to pick which one to play! Maybe I can sneak a Volley in at some point.

#5006 8 years ago

Right back at you. Just checked out your lineup!

1 month later
#5133 8 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

finished another repaint...

20151001_005343.jpg

Looks great! Can't wait for my C37 to get the Dave treatment. I think a trip out east is due in Oct.

3 months later
#5519 8 years ago

Loving my ACD, thanks to a cab repaint and some restoration work by Mr Boilerman.

3 weeks later
#5624 8 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

very nice work, who did it?

I was going to guess you!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#5662 8 years ago

Many, many thanks to Dave (Boilerman) for cabinet repaints on C37 & ACD and major hack corrections (basically a restoration) on C37. What an asset to the EM community he is. I just can't believe I finally have these 3 in my house after two years on the hunt. I look forward to playing these every day!!

The last pic is for those of us who also dabble in the 80s and up...

Next on the (sickness) list is a Sure Shot or Bank Shot. Who can I pry a really nice/restored condition one from? Really looking forward to having a billiards theme. Dave's on the lookout.

Feb_-_non_EM_(resized).jpgFeb_-_non_EM_(resized).jpg

Feb_-_C37_(resized).jpgFeb_-_C37_(resized).jpg

Feb_-_Atlantis_(resized).jpgFeb_-_Atlantis_(resized).jpg

Feb_-_ACD_(resized).jpgFeb_-_ACD_(resized).jpg

Feb_-_EMs_(resized).jpgFeb_-_EMs_(resized).jpg

#5663 8 years ago

Sorry about the picture order... The preview showed them in the opposite order.

#5669 8 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

come on guys! i am going to get a big head. but thanks for the kind words. really
i always try to help when i can. this em group is one of the best groups around. no real drama and everyone jumps right in when they can help. i am glad to be a part of it.
unlike some other groups that bring out the real A#@ holes

By the way, the first game home with C37 was 156k !!

#5671 8 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

make it 3 ball 5 ball rule it will be a lot better.

No way... It made me feel like I'm a decent player!

1 month later
#5858 8 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

just a few

20160321_152300_(resized).jpg

ALL your pins are eye candy. You do such nice work Dave!

1 week later
#5981 8 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

I wish you lived closer to me!

I've made the 5 hour drive at least 3 or 4 times now. Always worth it to get cabinets redone/buy pins from Dave!

1 month later
#6226 7 years ago

I bought a pin from the guy selling the Eager Beaver before. Nice guy. Does a decent job of 'shopping'.

2 months later
#6828 7 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

another favorite

Let me know when you're ready to dump that junky Sky Jump.

#6870 7 years ago

Picked up a Jacks Open a few weeks ago. A few inserts need leveled, but it's in pretty nice shape. Not as nice as the one "EMsinKC" has though!! Play meter says 26k+, but who knows... Giving it a thorough cleaning/wax, new rubber, some new mylar trim platters, tweak a few things and put her back together.

JO_-_Playfield_(resized).jpgJO_-_Playfield_(resized).jpg
JO_-_Arch_(resized).jpgJO_-_Arch_(resized).jpg
JO_-_Shooter_(resized).jpgJO_-_Shooter_(resized).jpg
JO_-_Underneath_(resized).jpgJO_-_Underneath_(resized).jpg
JO_-_Inside_(resized).jpgJO_-_Inside_(resized).jpg
JO_-_Meter_(resized).jpgJO_-_Meter_(resized).jpg

#6873 7 years ago

Sure! Here's a few. One scratch on the left cab by his crown, about 6" long. Otherwise, just needs cleaned. Some fading in the backglass letters (red). I haven't seen a 'Shipment' block of wood before. Found an NOS glass that's really nice...

JO2_-_Cab_right_(resized).jpgJO2_-_Cab_right_(resized).jpg
JO2_-_Cab_left_(resized).jpgJO2_-_Cab_left_(resized).jpg
JO2_-_Backglass_(resized).jpgJO2_-_Backglass_(resized).jpg
JO2_-_Back_(resized).jpgJO2_-_Back_(resized).jpg
JO2_-_Block_(resized).jpgJO2_-_Block_(resized).jpg
JO2_-_Backglass_-_NOS_(resized).jpgJO2_-_Backglass_-_NOS_(resized).jpg

#6895 7 years ago

ACD is a keeper for sure. I've thought about changing to orange dot coils, so good to hear it has enhanced it for you.

#6905 7 years ago
Quoted from EMsInKC:

That's a great looking game. I almost have mine completed. Just doing rust removal on the lockdown bar receiver (they're always rusty, it seems) and I've got the side rails off to polish them up. Other than that, it's all done.
My backglass has a big gray blotch on it right under the queen. I couldn't figure it because the glass looks pristine on the back side. It was those damned anti rattle pads. The blotch corresponds with the remains of one of those on the glass. And it's the only one on there that did that.
I'm trying to decide if I can live with it or call Steve Azzam. I'm picky about backglasses, unfortunately, so Steve and Ron Webb have gotten a lot of my money...

The backglass that came with it is pretty nice, but I got lucky and Mayfair had an original that's REALLY nice so I bought it. Someone contacted me about upgrading their old glass, so hopefully the original one will help him or someone else who needs one.

3 weeks later
#7091 7 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

I know, NOT an EM but it has been on my down low want list for as long as i can remember.....

Hope you have time for me to put a game on one of them on Saturday. Congrats on the find. Maybe one will come home with me!

2 months later
#7411 7 years ago

Atlantis back in it's spot after a playfield swap by Boilerman. Thanks Dave!!

Getting tight in the game room. May have to let a DMD or SS go to get a Sky Jump.

I have Jacks Open and Atlantis extra backglasses still to hang up. Still need ACD & C37 backglasses. Anyone have one or both to sell??

EMs (resized).jpgEMs (resized).jpg
Game room 1 (resized).jpgGame room 1 (resized).jpg
Game room 2 (resized).jpgGame room 2 (resized).jpg

#7414 7 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

I have this C37 but would have to ship - not sure it would interest you - and you're probably looking for someone local.

Looks perfect for what I need. I'll send you a PM. Thanks!

#7415 7 years ago
Quoted from ryansherwood:

Great line up ditch the cruisin' that'll clear up lots of space

The Cruisin' drivers are really for the kids. They love racing each other as they are linked. They'd be pretty upset if I got rid of them, but they do take up several pin slots...

4 months later
#8477 7 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

here is the dimension i got from pinsider "Marp84" a little while back, with the help of my buddy Cliff.
After good cleaning and a few minor touchups it turned out to be real nice original.
now to set it up next to the 2001 and see which one is the better player. the looser gets SOLD

I see the bowler is finally gone. You actually have room in your garage now!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 24.98
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

£ 38.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 5.00
Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
£ 37.00
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

1,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

3,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shawnee, KS
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

£ 49.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chippewa-pin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/em-show-us-your-em-pinball-machines?tu=chippewa-pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.