20240413_220215 (resized).jpg
20240413_220225 (resized).jpg
20240413_220229 (resized).jpg
20240413_220209 (resized).jpg
20240413_220211 (resized).jpg
20240413_220207 (resized).jpg
20240413_220203 (resized).jpg
20240413_220201 (resized).jpg
There are 13,747 posts in this topic. You are on page 139 of 275.
#6901 7 years ago
Quoted from Chippewa-Pin:

Sure! Here's a few. One scratch on the left cab by his crown, about 6" long. Otherwise, just needs cleaned. Some fading in the backglass letters (red). I haven't seen a 'Shipment' block of wood before. Found an NOS glass that's really nice...

That's a great looking game. I almost have mine completed. Just doing rust removal on the lockdown bar receiver (they're always rusty, it seems) and I've got the side rails off to polish them up. Other than that, it's all done.

My backglass has a big gray blotch on it right under the queen. I couldn't figure it because the glass looks pristine on the back side. It was those damned anti rattle pads. The blotch corresponds with the remains of one of those on the glass. And it's the only one on there that did that.

I'm trying to decide if I can live with it or call Steve Azzam. I'm picky about backglasses, unfortunately, so Steve and Ron Webb have gotten a lot of my money...

#6902 7 years ago

My GTB Astro is punishing me, for not having played it for nearly two months.
Seems that sitting idle since Memorial Day, it now has scoring issues,
or should I say non-scoring issues (not scoring 100 pts).
Hopefully it is just a dirty switch stack and will self clean and fix itself
to get back to playing as it should.

#6903 7 years ago

Here is a rarely seen or talked about machine.
Bally See Saw 1970.
Pointy people era.
fullSeesaw_(resized).jpgfullSeesaw_(resized).jpg
head_(resized).jpghead_(resized).jpg

In the middle of a restoration right now.
cabside_(resized).jpgcabside_(resized).jpg

Playfield stripped and almost completely repainted.
Left with red to mask and paint.
Then key-lining and lettering.
At a standstill right now because cant come up with the right mix of colors to match the red.
Its a very nice red and I want the same.
Close enough is only for horse shoes and hand grenades.
If anybody has suggestions, pipe in!
SEESAWPF_(resized).jpgSEESAWPF_(resized).jpg

Insert has been stripped and all components cleaned.
insert_(resized).jpginsert_(resized).jpg

The cabinet is also coming along great.
Colors on that one are well matched.
cabstripped_(resized).jpgcabstripped_(resized).jpg

Right now, practicing my splatter technique to get the right density and size of spots.
The green is the original splatter.
splat_(resized).jpgsplat_(resized).jpg

See Saw is my first pin ever!
Bought it about a year ago and spent about two weeks understanding it and fixing issues to make it playable.
Played it about one week.
Then tore it apart....

Now just bought a Grand Prix....
Ohoh? Whats going on?
Addiction?
GP34_(resized).jpgGP34_(resized).jpg

Cab is in very good shape.
GPside_(resized).jpgGPside_(resized).jpg

Playfield good.
GPpf_(resized).jpgGPpf_(resized).jpg

Inside cab and backbox is filty as hell.
Afraid to put my head in there.
Something might jump at me.
Backglass is flaked and reds are faded big time.
But it plays.
So this one will stay that way until See Saw is done and playing again.

Seems like i'm a sucker for punishment.
Both those machines are quite complex.
Multi Players, dual bonus units, whole bunch of bells and whistles and other devices...
Over 40 relays, 7 stepper units plus the other usual stuff in SeeSaw.
Same or more in Grand Prix.
I like It!

Ill post back when the Restoration is done.

#6904 7 years ago

That See Saw art is awesome! Never knew it was bumper car themed.

#6905 7 years ago
Quoted from EMsInKC:

That's a great looking game. I almost have mine completed. Just doing rust removal on the lockdown bar receiver (they're always rusty, it seems) and I've got the side rails off to polish them up. Other than that, it's all done.
My backglass has a big gray blotch on it right under the queen. I couldn't figure it because the glass looks pristine on the back side. It was those damned anti rattle pads. The blotch corresponds with the remains of one of those on the glass. And it's the only one on there that did that.
I'm trying to decide if I can live with it or call Steve Azzam. I'm picky about backglasses, unfortunately, so Steve and Ron Webb have gotten a lot of my money...

The backglass that came with it is pretty nice, but I got lucky and Mayfair had an original that's REALLY nice so I bought it. Someone contacted me about upgrading their old glass, so hopefully the original one will help him or someone else who needs one.

#6906 7 years ago
Quoted from Otaku:

That See Saw art is awesome! Never knew it was bumper car themed.

Hilarious art package... "girl can't drive" theme w/guys panicking, running out of the way, etc.

#6907 7 years ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

My GTB Astro is punishing me, for not having played it for nearly two months.
Seems that sitting idle since Memorial Day, it now has scoring issues,
or should I say non-scoring issues (not scoring 100 pts).
Hopefully it is just a dirty switch stack and will self clean and fix itself
to get back to playing as it should.

I've always wanted to pick up an Astro. How do you like game play?

#6908 7 years ago

Just picked up a Bally Hokus Pokus and am pretty pysched. For $200 I'm really happy with it. Backglass is a little flaky and the playfield has worn/sunken inserts, but everything seems to be working now other than the GI. If anyone can help me out with the GI I started a tech thread here.....

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-hokus-pokus-no-gi-lighting

IMG_2010_(resized).JPGIMG_2010_(resized).JPG

IMG_2011_(resized).JPGIMG_2011_(resized).JPG

IMG_2009_(resized).JPGIMG_2009_(resized).JPG

#6909 7 years ago
Quoted from amason2308:

Just picked up a Bally Hokus Pokus and am pretty pysched. For $200 I'm really happy with it. Backglass is a little flaky and the playfield has worn/sunken inserts, but everything seems to be working now other than the GI. If anyone can help me out with the GI I started a tech thread here.....
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-hokus-pokus-no-gi-lighting

Looks like the same dude on the Card Whiz backglass........

#6911 7 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

Has just the right balance for an AAB, not too hard and/or not too easy.

#6912 7 years ago

Good to know - thanks. This title seems to be well liked.

#6913 7 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

After watching for an Astro for some time, I was able to finally pick up a nice original condition example this summer. It has had a ton of play since bringing it home, everyone loves it. While lighting the Wow targets isn't too hard, hitting them is another story, and a drain partially resets the game. And, as usual, the extra balls earned evaporate quickly.
Interestingly, it appears there was never a game counter installed. On the schematic it shows broken lines to the counter. Does this indicate that it was optional?

#6914 7 years ago

20160813_140622_(resized).jpg20160813_140622_(resized).jpg

20160813_140635_(resized).jpg20160813_140635_(resized).jpg

20160813_141503_(resized).jpg20160813_141503_(resized).jpg

20160813_141507_(resized).jpg20160813_141507_(resized).jpg

20160813_141510_(resized).jpg20160813_141510_(resized).jpg

#6915 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinbee:

, it appears there was never a game counter installed. On the schematic it shows broken lines to the counter. Does this indicate that it was optional?

AAB never had counters. every quarter counted as a game played. no games won. a counter was used to measure games won vs quarters used

#6916 7 years ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:*gratuitous shots of ACD*

Show-off.

#6917 7 years ago

1000 miles later......IMG_20160813_222411_(resized).jpgIMG_20160813_222411_(resized).jpg

#6918 7 years ago

I finally got my Eager Beaver up and running and now it is in good company. I've had a few Stenholms, but he went all out on this one.

DSCN4886_(resized).JPGDSCN4886_(resized).JPG

DSCN4891_(resized).JPGDSCN4891_(resized).JPG

DSCN4879_(resized).JPGDSCN4879_(resized).JPG

DSCN4887_(resized).JPGDSCN4887_(resized).JPG

#6919 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I finally got my Eager Beaver up and running and now it is in good company. I've had a few Stenholms, but he went all out on this one.

Way to sneak in the "classiness".

Screenshot_2633_(resized).pngScreenshot_2633_(resized).png

Very nice machine.

Very close to sending you sandpaper and some white paint for that San Francisco.

#6920 7 years ago

As far as game play, this thing's fast and fun. Not the most complicated rules, but the flow is there. I wasn't sure what to expect, but I find it to be one of the better playing drop target games.

#6921 7 years ago
Quoted from Otaku:

Very close to sending you sandpaper and some white paint for that San Francisco.

If you're going to San Diego, would you stop by with some stencils in your hand? I'm about halfway in between.

#6922 7 years ago

I went to the Pacific Pinball Museum warehouse today. Pinball Heaven.. Here are a few pictures I thought you all would like

IMG_7487_(resized).JPGIMG_7487_(resized).JPG

IMG_7491_(resized).JPGIMG_7491_(resized).JPG

IMG_7492_(resized).JPGIMG_7492_(resized).JPG

#6925 7 years ago

Gotta have something for the em guys when i finally have my party!

#6926 7 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

I went to the Pacific Pinball Museum warehouse today. Pinball Heaven.. Here are a few pictures I thought you all would like

Thanks for sharing. Awesome

#6927 7 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

Thanks for sharing. Awesome

Second that!
Man that warehouse is huge... What's the backstory? Seems like they're using about 1% of the cubic feet in there.

#6928 7 years ago

Cool Warehouse and I like that Double Up game - Pointy People always interest me. I like that backglass.

#6929 7 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

Here are a few pictures I thought you all would like

HO. LEE. POO.

More thanks for sharing.

#6930 7 years ago
Quoted from PhilGreg:

What's the backstory?

A little of the back story. PPM had storage on the old Naval base in Alameda, CA. The city asked them to move to a different location on the Naval base because the city is going to be tearing down their old storage. PPM finally got all their stuff moved and have only been in their new storage for about 2 weeks. They will be putting up shelves to store games. YES, there is a lot of space. They still need to setup their work areas and a few more odds and ends. Really nice setup.

#6931 7 years ago

Here is one more. I tried to take a panoramic pic

IMG_7486_(resized).JPGIMG_7486_(resized).JPG

#6932 7 years ago

Neat panorama picture - Airstream trailer is where you stay when mama kicks you out of the house for having too many pins ! LOL

#6933 7 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

I went to the Pacific Pinball Museum warehouse today.

They must have a huge bag for the leg bolts.

#6934 7 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Airstream trailer is where you stay when mama kicks you out of the house for having too many pins !

HAHA, yes this is true. This Airstream is called the little JuJu. It has been gutted and the frame has been re enforced. Also has an automatic leveler. Inside are 5 EM's. Currently Jungle Princess, Big Indian, Jacks Open, 2001 and Aquarius. PLUS it has an old Jukebox. Super awesome.

#6935 7 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

I went to the Pacific Pinball Museum warehouse today. Pinball Heaven..

By the end of the month, there should be another 250+ pins transferred to the new warehouse,
as the PPM makes arrangements to move the rest of my pinball collection donation
from the central valley to the new warehouse in/near Alameda.
They are looking for volunteers to help with the transfer, likely to take place next weekend.
I also heard rumors of the PPE show being resurrected,
now that the PPM has all this new square footage, in the new warehouse area.

#6936 7 years ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

By the end of the month, there should be another 250+ pins transferred to the new warehouse,
as the PPM makes arrangements to move the rest of my pinball collection donation
from the central valley to the new warehouse in/near Alameda.

Yes sir! Bakersfield next Saturday. Anyone wanting help, get details from the PPM .

#6937 7 years ago

Thanks for the pictures of the warehouse. I think I may have wet myself. Now to cry myself to sleep.

#6938 7 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

Here are a few pictures I thought you all would like

Well, now I know where one of the other 54 Double-Ups are! I'll use this opportunity to share mine with you:

backglass_installed_backlit_(resized).jpgbackglass_installed_backlit_(resized).jpg

backglass_installed_flash_(resized).jpgbackglass_installed_flash_(resized).jpg

double_up_with_new_playfield_parts_no_flash_(resized).jpgdouble_up_with_new_playfield_parts_no_flash_(resized).jpg

cabinet_finished_full_playfield_(resized).jpgcabinet_finished_full_playfield_(resized).jpg

playfield_full_(resized).jpgplayfield_full_(resized).jpg

pop_bumpers_with_playfield_protectors_(resized).jpgpop_bumpers_with_playfield_protectors_(resized).jpg

crazed_face_freaked_guy_(resized).jpgcrazed_face_freaked_guy_(resized).jpg

#6939 7 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

Well, now I know where one of the other 54 Double-Ups are! I'll use this opportunity to share mine with you:

Don't forget your great resto-thread, saving this gem from certain death:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-1970-double-up-minimalist-restoration

#6940 7 years ago

Now I really need a longer wall and a great spinner game I really miss the Funpark I had! 20160814_210923.jpg20160814_210923.jpg

#6941 7 years ago
Quoted from Elvisinmypants:

Now I really need a longer wall and a great spinner game I really miss the Funpark I had!

Fun Park eh? Probably the best 60s spinner game I've ever played. Maybe the best spinner game period.

FP_(resized).jpgFP_(resized).jpg

#6942 7 years ago

I don't know what I was thinking, I played the piss out of it.

#6943 7 years ago
Quoted from Elvisinmypants:

I played the piss out of it.

As we have this one. I've played several Fun Lands but I think in this case the add a ball version is a better game. I got lucky finding such a nice example of a game that there were only 580 made.

#6944 7 years ago

My playfield was perfect, the rest not so much. The cab and bg rough, filthy inside from years in a garage with no back door....

#6945 7 years ago

Story is this one had a malfunction very early on and went into storage where it sat for years. Very well preserved, it looks like it just came out of the box. It wasn't working right when I got it either but I could only find one thing wrong.

Keys_(resized).jpgKeys_(resized).jpg

#6946 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Story is this one had a malfunction very early on and went into storage where it sat for years. Very well preserved, it looks like it just came out of the box. It wasn't working right when I got it either but I could only find one thing wrong.

All it takes is one switch.

#6947 7 years ago

It doesn't look as bad as I remember. Mostly I only seem to care about the next one and the ones I don't have any more...20160118_073326.jpg20160118_073326.jpg20150813_230401.jpg20150813_230401.jpg

#6948 7 years ago

That Gigi is on my very short list of wedgeheads I might like to acquire.

#6949 7 years ago

The backglass was the only thing good about that. The playfield would have been good if someone hadn't put a post between the flippers on the second try.

#6950 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Fun Park eh? Probably the best 60s spinner game I've ever played. Maybe the best spinner game period.

Your garage appears to be the never ending black hole of pin collections. Every time someone mentions a game, there you are posting a pic of one in your collection. Just how big are those garages in California anyway? You shame us Midwesterner's with our big basements. Lol.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Salem, OR
£ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballToys

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

1,650 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lincoln Park, NJ
$ 5.00
Machine - For Sale
Santa Rosa, CA
$ 65.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 24.98
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 210.00
Cabinet Parts
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 13,747 posts in this topic. You are on page 139 of 275.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/em-show-us-your-em-pinball-machines/page/139 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.