20240413_220215 (resized).jpg
20240413_220225 (resized).jpg
20240413_220229 (resized).jpg
20240413_220209 (resized).jpg
20240413_220211 (resized).jpg
20240413_220207 (resized).jpg
20240413_220203 (resized).jpg
20240413_220201 (resized).jpg
There are 13,747 posts in this topic. You are on page 68 of 275.
#3351 9 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

one factor over looked on these late 70's em's is the fact that a lot of them got shipped over seas
so how many still here? guess we will never really know

so true boilerman,
We were discussing that in regards to Strange World yesterday. Given there were 675 produced, they don't seem to come on the market very often. Some in collections, but seems like the majority went overseas. Perhaps Gottlieb was on to something......that the european market would still play EMs even though solid state games were coming on the market here in the US? (the SW I just finished was factory equipped with 115/230 volt transformer)

#3352 9 years ago

And, it varies by manufacturer too. I know someone who looked at Bally em's closely that were shipped overseas. He spoke to overseas owners to get an idea of serial number ranges, etc.. You can spend a lot of time researching this topic! If you look at serial number ranges of a title and go the the IPSND you can get clues as to where some games went. Unfortunately, not enough data has been submitted on some games.

And you also have an idea of how many games are available for sale here in the US. Certain titles are spotted more in certain parts of the US too. Atlantis is one example. Hard to find in the NE right now but more prevalent in the Midwest.

#3353 9 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

those late 70's em's tend to have a higher save rate than earlier games percentage wise.
my hypothesis is that these late games did not stay on route long and were sold to the secondary market ie home owners

Boilerman for the win. Pretty much as you stated. In the early 1980's Arcades were still popular (no internet), the Solid State games were being put into arcades fairly quickly. The 2 or 3 year old EM games were being sold off to home guys like us. The games were still in decent shape but were kind of dated. Even though early S.S. Pins were mostly based on EM games, the progression to the S.S. pin was a needed step in pinball evolution.

#3354 9 years ago

I agree too - boilerman is right - makes sense for late 70's games.

#3355 9 years ago

Hit The Dick has an obscenely funny backglass.

#3356 9 years ago

I agree with others who postulate that late Gottlieb electromechanical games, albeit scarce in the USA, tend to have survived in above-average condition. For example, mine is a "funeral home use only" example. It spent its life in a funeral home. Employees had fun killing time between jobs.

Designer John Osborne did a great job with this game, in my opinion. Also, I love the double entendre theme.
20140825_220428.jpg20140825_220428.jpg

#3357 9 years ago
Quoted from vwallat99:

Hit the deck , 1 out of 325 made... wonder how many of these are still surviving?

One more at VFW Pinball / Ann Arbor Pinball Museum.

#3358 9 years ago

As an aside to the my Sea Ray posts above:
I've always been a huge Gottlieb fan and of course always will be. However, now that the Sea Ray is up and running and I've got about 5 dozen games on it, I can say I definitely am a Bally fan and appreciate the playfield featues not found on Gotts or not at least not on any that I've played. I've had an Expressway for a year now but it's still in the middle of a playfield swap that I started right when I got it so I've never played it. Same with both of my Capersvilles though I've got a third one on the way that should end my search for one in nice cosmetic shape. Anyway, the up post between the flippers is great fun tho it doesnt stay up for long due to two down post rollovers. The ball save gate that diverts the ball from the right outlane and back to the shooter is really cool. Those two features plus an extra ball and lighting the blue bumpers can be active individually or in any combo and awarded by the ball going in the upper left "fish lane". How many are active at any one time changes with every 10 point hit. Also, an extra ball, lighting the blue bumpers, and opening the ball save gate can be awarded thru other rollovers or targets.
The game plays great now that it's cleaned and assembled. The only glitch was the right side ball kicker didn't have the strength to reliably launch the ball down the channel despite the coil assembly being cleaned and a new sleeve put i. I didn't wanna hi tap so I removed the coil and unwound a couple layers and that did the trick.

#3359 9 years ago
Quoted from beadwindow:

As an aside to the my Sea Ray posts above:
I've always been a huge Gottlieb fan and of course always will be. However, now that the Sea Ray is up and running and I've got about 5 dozen games on it, I can say I definitely am a Bally fan and appreciate the playfield featues not found on Gotts or not at least not on any that I've played. I've had an Expressway for a year now but it's still in the middle of a playfield swap that I started right when I got it so I've never played it. Same with both of my Capersvilles though I've got a third one on the way that should end my search for one in nice cosmetic shape. Anyway, the up post between the flippers is great fun tho it doesnt stay up for long due to two down post rollovers. The ball save gate that diverts the ball from the right outlane and back to the shooter is really cool. Those two features plus an extra ball and lighting the blue bumpers can be active individually or in any combo and awarded by the ball going in the upper left "fish lane". How many are active at any one time changes with every 10 point hit. Also, an extra ball, lighting the blue bumpers, and opening the ball save gate can be awarded thru other rollovers or targets.
The game plays great now that it's cleaned and assembled. The only glitch was the right side ball kicker didn't have the strength to reliably launch the ball down the channel despite the coil assembly being cleaned and a new sleeve put i. I didn't wanna hi tap so I removed the coil and unwound a couple layers and that did the trick.

If that coil causes any more problems, check to contacts on the score motor (switch stack on a cam with only one "tit") switch or check the playfield Jones plugs for corrosion or looseness. I presume you confirmed the contacts on the relay controlling it were burnished and adjusted properly and that the proper coil is installed.

#3360 9 years ago

I like Sea Ray. I like Bally. I like Gottlieb. I like Williams. Heck, I like em all!. Definitely different features found on all these brands and more differences during different eras. My collection may look like a clusterf**k, but I like variety.

#3361 9 years ago

Yep, I did everything mentioned with the exception of the score motor switch until now.
In regards to different features on different manufacturer's machines, I wonder why there wasn't more cross usage of features. Maybe there were patents but they all have bumpers, flippers, etc.

#3362 9 years ago

To be honest most of the arcades I visited as a youth were kind of a cluster***k as well.

#3363 9 years ago

This is kind of how those arcades looked back in the day. Maybe that's why it is the way it is.
DSCN3304.JPGDSCN3304.JPG

#3364 9 years ago

Finished another one today.

2014Dec20 010.JPG2014Dec20 010.JPG 2014Dec20 012.JPG2014Dec20 012.JPG 2014Dec20 013.JPG2014Dec20 013.JPG 2014Dec20 014.JPG2014Dec20 014.JPG 2014Dec20 015.JPG2014Dec20 015.JPG
#3365 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I like Sea Ray. I like Bally. I like Gottlieb. I like Williams. Heck, I like em all!. Definitely different features found on all these brands and more differences during different eras. My collection may look like a clusterf**k, but I like variety.

I loved the variety in your collection. A row of wedgeheads looks so nice, love that too, but I prefer being able to switch things up based on mood. My solid states are the same way, mix of eras.

#3366 9 years ago

I think I'm going to go mix it up right now. It's time.

#3367 9 years ago

What I like about this Bally is even with all the new features, well into the 70s it still has 2 inch flippers and bells. Others may get more play but I like having it around. Fireball makes it's own rules.
DSCN3307.JPGDSCN3307.JPG

#3368 9 years ago

Another Bally rectangle head. This one's fun! Lots to shoot for and rules.
DSCN3308.JPGDSCN3308.JPG

#3369 9 years ago

Bon Voyage is a great player. To get the special you must hit the captive ball head on after lighting all the letters by hitting the three upper rollovers, two inlane rollovers and all the stand up targets. Then it resets. The spinner changes value on the left kickout hole and if it stops on 5000 it lights a lettered target on the right side. This one is on 5 ball play.
DSCN3311.JPGDSCN3311.JPG
DSCN3317.JPGDSCN3317.JPG

#3370 9 years ago

Abra Ca Dabra is another machine I purchased from hoov some months ago and completed a restoration a little while back. I really enjoy playing this machine-a great player, good ruleset and it looks terrific. Those blinking eyes of the wiz... at games end are captivating.

AcD1.jpgAcD1.jpg

AcD2.jpgAcD2.jpg

AcD3.jpgAcD3.jpg

#3371 9 years ago

Classic Christian Marche on Pit Stop. Speed Racer meets the pointy people.
DSCN3324.JPGDSCN3324.JPG

#3372 9 years ago

Bon Voyage looks cool and so does out stop. Those two are another reason why I like EM's in general, original themes and artwork with no or very little commercial tie-ins.

#3373 9 years ago
Quoted from wayner:

Abra Ca Dabra is another machine I purchased from hoov some months ago and completed a restoration a little while back. I really enjoy playing this machine-a great player, good ruleset and it looks terrific. Those blinking eyes of the wiz... at games end are captivating.

AcD1.jpg 41 KB

AcD2.jpg 46 KB

AcD3.jpg 27 KB

Another great looking game now that you're done with it wayner. I can't believe how that parts order from Pinball Resource, Pinball Rescue, etc., made such a difference in your restoration. It looks super!

#3374 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Classic Christian Marche on Pit Stop. Speed Racer meets the pointy people.

DSCN3324.JPG 161 KB

May we see the rest?

#3375 9 years ago

Here is my Gusher nightmare restoration from 2010. I had wanted one but obviously was too impatient to wait.... So i guess the 120 hours of restoration made sense, I wont be doing that again. Here is a before and after shot.
Rob

Gusher_PF.jpgGusher_PF.jpgIMG_3420.jpgIMG_3420.jpgIMG_3415.jpgIMG_3415.jpg

#3376 9 years ago

That Gusher is great. Some time ago there was one on eBay some time ago and I wish I woulda jumped on it. Great theme.

#3377 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Bon Voyage is a great player.

and needs some Spinner Decals.

http://pinballrescue.net/Decals_Spinners.html

Ken

#3378 9 years ago

That Gusher sure is nice! Well done.

Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

and needs some Spinner Decals.

I already have them. Just need to put them on. That spinner gets a workout.

Quoted from Gov:

May we see the rest?

Do you mean the pointer sisters?
DSCN3321.JPGDSCN3321.JPG
DSCN3320.JPGDSCN3320.JPG

#3379 9 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

Awesome Lucky Hand. It didn't take you long to get 24 games! You Minnesota guys sure have nice game rooms.

Thanks, Hoov!

Quoted from hoov:

Question - do you have your 2001 in your collection playing or is it in storage right now? Just curious as to how game play compares to the Dimension.

My Dimension and 2001 need lots of work before I can make the comparison, unfortunately. You'll probably learn for yourself before I am able to get mine restored!

#3380 9 years ago

I am finally putting my Pro Football EM through a resto to enable sale-yes to clear some space for new arrivals. I had not noticed before but on the right side of the cab one of the footballers' helmets had a splash of black paint.

PFhelbl.jpgPFhelbl.jpg

Now I guess most have a story of graffiti & vandalism (and maybe character) but after a rub with some thinners this is my one:

PFhelcl.jpgPFhelcl.jpg

#3381 9 years ago
Quoted from wayner:

AcD1.jpg 41 KB

AcD2.jpg 46 KB

AcD3.jpg 27 KB

Did this Abra Ca Dabra come with a few rolls of American Quarters?

#3382 9 years ago

Picked up a Gottlieb Spin out about a month ago. It was in pretty good shape. After fixing the roto until (thanks Boilerman!!) and making a few adjustments, she's all shined up and playing great!

(sorry for the glare in the pics...)

Head.jpgHead.jpg Playfield - lower-322.jpgPlayfield - lower-322.jpg Playfield - middle.jpgPlayfield - middle.jpg Playfield - upper.jpgPlayfield - upper.jpg
#3383 9 years ago
Quoted from Chippewa-Pin:

Picked up a Gottlieb Spin out about a month ago.

Wow! It looks like nobody ever played it.

#3384 9 years ago

Wow that thing is nice!

Picked up a Gottlieb Spin out about a month ago. It was in pretty good shape. After fixing the roto until (thanks Boilerman!!) and making a few adjustments, she's all shined up and playing great!

Head.jpg 43 KB

Playfield - lower-322.jpg 49 KB

Playfield - middle.jpg 48 KB

Playfield - upper.jpg 44 KB

#3385 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Wow! It looks like nobody ever played it.

Only 37,776 times. The guy I bought it from said he had it since the early 80's and had it serviced once a year. Usually a good thing!

#3386 9 years ago
Quoted from Robo1:

Here is my Gusher nightmare restoration from 2010. I had wanted one but obviously was too impatient to wait.... So i guess the 120 hours of restoration made sense, I wont be doing that again. Here is a before and after shot.
Rob

IMG_3415.jpg 292 KB

IMG_3420.jpg 302 KB

Gusher_PF.jpg 31 KB

I gotta ask. New playfield? Retouched professionally? If so, did you do it yourself? To go from before to after...wow!

#3387 9 years ago

Wow that's a lovely machine congrats which is on my wish list. I envy your find.

Head.jpg 43 KB

Playfield - lower-322.jpg 49 KB

Playfield - middle.jpg 48 KB

Playfield - upper.jpg 44 KB

#3388 9 years ago

recent arrival, 1976 playmatic "fandango" (made in spain)
got it working great. a few tweaks left and have to repaint
the cabinet. it's a horrible cream yellow latex at the moment.
plays fast, looks like new due to their plastic playfield coating.

fandango.jpgfandango.jpg
#3389 9 years ago

Merry Christmas,
I did the Gusher myself, it was really a learning experience!! Man, did i underestimate it. I scanned it, filled the deeper areas with filler, painted the areas with flat color and then proceeded to recreate some of the lettering and artwork that was destroyed on photoshop, printing the pieces on waterslide decals and then laying them down and clearcoating over all of it with autoclear.....

Heres a few photos of the rework...

Rob

DSC05943.JPGDSC05943.JPG DSC06126.JPGDSC06126.JPG DSC06737.JPGDSC06737.JPG
#3390 9 years ago

My wife surprised me with Spin Out for Christmas. My first EM. Very nice. image-979.jpgimage-979.jpgimage-745.jpgimage-745.jpgimage-313.jpgimage-313.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgTime to learn...

image-639.jpgimage-639.jpg image-513.jpgimage-513.jpg image-886.jpgimage-886.jpg image-896.jpgimage-896.jpg
#3392 9 years ago

Spin Out looks like a fun game. Never played one as far as I remember.

Congrats!

A very cool Christmas present from the misses.

Ken

#3393 9 years ago
Quoted from Boise_D:

My wife surprised me with Spin Out for Christmas. My first EM. Very nice. Time to learn...

What a present (on my wishhhhlist) but what a wife!! A lovely post at this time of the year.

image.jpg 154 KB

image-639.jpg 273 KB

image-313.jpg 143 KB

image-745.jpg 286 KB

image-513.jpg 253 KB

image-886.jpg 270 KB

image-979.jpg 234 KB

image-896.jpg 268 KB

#3394 9 years ago

Very nice surprise from your spouse! Congratulations and welcome to the EM family.

#3395 9 years ago

yes very nice surprise on your spinout!! brings back fond memories of my brother and i surprising our dad with a spin out a couple decades ago - i now have it and it is a GREAT game

reminds me i need to finish up some decals for myself and others to cover over the kick out hole wear!! i better get that and some other projects done!!

cheers,Ron

#3396 9 years ago

I am looking to sell or trade my Williams Spooks. The game works well. The gun, Backglass, and coinndoor are nice. Someone repainted the cabinet. It is presentable, but not a professional job. This is a tough machine to find. Asking $900, but open to trades. Located in NJ. I can ship this machine anywhere in the US.image-120.jpgimage-120.jpgimage-901.jpgimage-901.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

#3397 9 years ago

is that the one that was for sale for 600 in rising sun md?

#3398 9 years ago

Them Spin Out 's look so nice!

#3399 9 years ago

I love this playfield. just finishing her up!

image.jpgimage.jpg image-767.jpgimage-767.jpg image-251.jpgimage-251.jpg image-358.jpgimage-358.jpg
#3400 9 years ago

Another fun williams title, my first pin.

image-965.jpgimage-965.jpg image-17.jpgimage-17.jpg image-446.jpgimage-446.jpg image-309.jpgimage-309.jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lincoln, MI
$ 249.00
£ 38.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Led
PinballToys

3,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shawnee, KS
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

£ 38.00
$ 65.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Machine - For Sale
O'fallon, MO
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 13,747 posts in this topic. You are on page 68 of 275.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/em-show-us-your-em-pinball-machines/page/68 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.