Topic Stats

• 12,128 posts
  • 679 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 hours ago by bob_e
  • Topic is favorited by 185 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 7,948 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20191117_141652 (resized).jpg
20191117_140230 (resized).jpg
20191117_140237 (resized).jpg
20191117_140224 (resized).jpg
20191117_140217 (resized).jpg
IMG_3103 (resized).JPG
IMG_3102 (resized).JPG
IMG_20191110_193917187 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191024_154651251 (resized).jpg
AT2 (resized).jpg
AT1 (resized).jpg
20191110_181329 (resized).jpg
20191110_181312 (resized).jpg
20191108_140747 (resized).jpg
20191108_140157 (resized).jpg
20191108_135936 (resized).jpg

There are 12128 posts in this topic. You are on page 84 of 243.
#4151 4 years ago

I ship on legs too, but with the head detached, blanketed, and strapped to the cabinet. I guess this will be OK if they blanket it well.

#4152 4 years ago
Quoted from Xerico:

If you ever decide to give up on that project, let me know.
I'd love that playfield!
Marcus

Just got the playfield completed and it's taken me a couple years and 3 Capersvilles to get everything I need for a resto. The first one I got was a German version which is cool but I wanted an Amercian version. I then found one with complete plastics (which I needed) but the playfield was too far gone for anyone to attempt a restoration. Finally found a 3rd machine with a decent enough playfield for someone to take on and that's the one in the above pic.

#4153 4 years ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

I ship on legs too, but with the head detached, blanketed, and strapped to the cabinet. I guess this will be OK if they blanket it well.

I have received 6 or 7 or more (forgot about Ken's games) games from STI in two years. 6 of them have been with the head up. Only one came on a Pallet and that was Ship Mates. I was irritated that it was on a pallet until I set the game up and realize why he did. The cab is starting to fall apart in one corner and needs some attention. I was assured by the guy in the picture that they plan to wrap the head with cardboard and the legs with cardboard protection. I have dealt with this same mover for two years now. He is a very good guy with STI and gets tipped rather well.

There is another reason I like the head up on an EM. The glass. When it is straight up there is no movement (typically) unless some idiot likes to have score reels rub on the glass by not having the soft part of velcro reapplied where the old stuff was from the factory (in the head). this keeps the glass from moving at all. If the glass lays flat there is potential for movement back and forth in the channel. When I move my games I like to have the head upright when it is not attached.

#4154 4 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

There is another reason I like the head up on an EM. The glass. When it is straight up there is no movement (typically) unless some idiot likes to have score reels rub on the glass by not having the soft part of velcro reapplied where the old stuff was from the factory (in the head). this keeps the glass from moving at all. If the glass lays flat there is potential for movement back and forth in the channel. When I move my games I like to have the head upright when it is not attached.

Never thought about using the soft side of the Velcro for this. Good idea! Will experiment with it.

#4155 4 years ago

It was pinside52 that showed me this trick. It is awesome! Put a small piece on the metal tab that touches the top of the backglass as well. There will be no more rattle while you nudge the machine.

#4156 4 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

Hey look whats on its way to Colorado and California.

oh man, i was hoping they were coming to australia

#4157 4 years ago

Rare Recel Icarus, Mr. Pinball says less than 430 made.

This one is for sale if anyone is interested $950 USD obo will ship via STI/Precision mbianchi@precision-nal.com

icarus1.jpg icarus2.jpg icarus3.jpg icarus4.jpg icarus5.jpg
#4158 4 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

Hey look whats on its way to Colorado and California.

It's beautiful, man!

#4159 4 years ago

Just picked up a Twin Win and Grand Prix to add to the EM lineup.

image.jpg image-832.jpg image-799.jpg
#4160 4 years ago

Did someone know the price for Double Shuffle and Spot Bowler?

#4161 4 years ago
Quoted from VGC1612:

Did someone know the price for Double Shuffle and Spot Bowler?

Where?

#4162 4 years ago

it was a good pinball week..

20150503_163536.jpg
#4163 4 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

it was a good pinball week..

20150503_163536.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

I'll say! Holy cow!

#4164 4 years ago

Look at that BLUE NOTE! More closer pictures please!

#4165 4 years ago

Is that the Strange World that came from Laguna Beach? Good to know as machines are leaving this area, others keep coming in.

#4166 4 years ago

I know the Blue Note is from Allentown. pinman52 aka Ken took a picture of it wrapped in the back of a trailer. Nice score on both machines Dave.

#4167 4 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

I know the Blue Note is from Allentown. pinman52 aka Ken took a picture of it wrapped in the back of a trailer. Nice score on both machines Dave.

that wasn't mine. that one came from Canada for larry in WV.

Quoted from o-din:

Is that the Strange World that came from Laguna Beach? Good to know as machines are leaving this area, others keep coming in.

yup that is the one.

the bank a ball is also new pretty nice shape. it is an early serial number and has a strange thing about it. the outside is green with blue webbing but the inside was white with blue webbing?
never seen this before. thought it might be fade but there is no way it is.

20150503_154825.jpg
#4168 4 years ago

blue note pics

20150503_161512.jpg 20150503_161624.jpg 20150503_162850.jpg 20150503_162852.jpg 20150503_162944.jpg 20150503_162847.jpg
#4169 4 years ago

Neat! Now I need a smoke and a quick nap!

#4170 4 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

Neat! Now I need a smoke and a quick nap!

I put about 25 games on it and it really isn't a bad game. not sure but I think it is the only em I played that had a plunger skill shot?

#4171 4 years ago

This is in really nice condition. Great find.

With 2 Spinners, lots of targets, kick out, and enough pop bumpers, it is not terrible to play at all.

#4172 4 years ago

Sample game 01005 S, so the 5th or 6th off the line. Dual play meters for collecting the early sample feedback metrics too. Nice.

Good story with this one?

#4173 4 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

not sure but I think it is the only em I played that had a plunger skill shot?

Nearly all Gottliebs do. What do you mean?

#4174 4 years ago

Congrats on all 3 games Dave. That Blue Note is outstanding!

The only one of the three I own is Bank a Ball.

#4175 4 years ago

I did a little re-arranging of the furniture in my house this weekend. I think these three fit well together. Out of my collection they represent to me the heart of the golden age of pinball which went from the early 50s on thru the mid to late 60s.

All three are a couple of years older than me, so I guess this is what you call respect for your elders.

Rocket is the better player of the three, but the other two are no slouch gameplay wise. That is why I am glad that there was more than one company out there making quality games that had plenty of style and class that we can have and preserve today. Best part is we get to play em!
DSCN3539.JPG

#4176 4 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

That's what I say... he must mean 'did not have' a skill shot.

I can't think of any EM's that DON'T... off the top of my head... but I would think there are some.

#4177 4 years ago

A little easier to see with the lights on. Arnold doesn't mind!
DSCN3541.JPG

#4178 4 years ago

^^^^^ very nice !!! ^^^^*

#4179 4 years ago

Thanks Jim! In a couple of weeks Arnold may get bumped down even further.

#4180 4 years ago

Hi new to pinside love this topic been stuck on it for days on end.
Only have two EMs so far and five pinballs all up since December,
Yes I have the bug lol.

#4181 4 years ago

Forgot to add pic image.jpg

#4182 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I did a little re-arranging of the furniture in my house this weekend. I think these three fit well together. Out of my collection they represent to me the heart of the golden age of pinball which went from the early 50s on thru the mid to late 60s.
All three are a couple of years older than me, so I guess this is what you call respect for your elders.
Rocket is the better player of the three, but the other two are no slouch gameplay wise. That is why I am glad that there was more than one company out there making quality games that had plenty of style and class that we can have and preserve today. Best part is we get to play em!
DSCN3539.JPG (Click image to enlarge)

I agree Odin! I think I am going to be on an old Bally kick for awhile. The dust is settling and I will have my Slick Chick, Big Top and Ship-Mates. I will have a 1,2 and 4 player game of Gottlieb. I will miss Surf Side but one day I will own another one. In the meantime I hope to find some more Zipper Flipper games to go along with Fireball like The Wiggler, Capersville, 4 million BC and Nip It. Time to research some more 60's Williams games with multiplayer to see if anything strikes my fancy.

#4183 4 years ago

I really can't say Rocket is a better player than the other two. It is a different player. They all play good. Flipper has nice gobble holes.

#4184 4 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

one of the top roll overs is lit when you shoot the ball. if you don't hit that rollover the light goes out but if you do you get 10k. it is just like the pascal boards added to the system 1's
very cool on an em. I just don't remember any machines having this but could be wrong

#4185 4 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

Congrats on all 3 games Dave. That Blue Note is outstanding!
The only one of the three I own is Bank a Ball.

dave sold my BaB a while ago and have been looking for a nice replacement since. this one is nice but not as nice as the one I sold.. but glad to have it.
it truly is one of the best games of the 60's hands down imo

#4186 4 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

dave sold my BaB a while ago and have been looking for a nice replacement since. this one is nice but not as nice as the one I sold.. but glad to have it.

I am the lucky recipient of the BaB he sold last year. Loving it!!

#4187 4 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

Sample game 01005 S, so the 5th or 6th off the line. Dual play meters for collecting the early sample feedback metrics too. Nice.
Good story with this one?

You just solved another mystery for me as had no idea why my Hit the Deck had 2 play meters in it.

IMG_8558.JPG
#4188 4 years ago

Moved my Capt Card today and looked at it in close detail. Must have been stored a very long time as the original webbing has not faded at all. Interesting it's heavier than expected but I guess none has faded away.

I originally thought it had been re-painted but it is 100% original, just one of those rare finds.

Top of p/f has barely any wear. Probably the best 'time capsule' game I'll ever find. Some of the parts under the p/f have virtually zero wear.

Owned it over a year and guessing a Californian basement helped keep it in the condition it is.

IMG_8563.JPG IMG_8562.JPG IMG_8564.JPG IMG_8565.JPG
#4189 4 years ago

That is one nice CC Shapeshifter!

#4190 4 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

I'm on on Bank a Ball no. 2 myself.

I was lucky enough to stumble on a super nice one. Here's the base cabinet during clean-up showing the original paint:

bab from Michigan- cleaning cabinet 005.jpg bab from Michigan- cleaning cabinet 001.jpg bab from Michigan- cleaning cabinet 015.jpg
#4191 4 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

I was lucky enough to stumble on a super nice one. Here's the base cabinet during clean-up showing the original paint:

bab from Michigan- cleaning cabinet 005.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
bab from Michigan- cleaning cabinet 001.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
bab from Michigan- cleaning cabinet 015.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Looks a really nice one Dave

#4192 4 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

Time to research some more 60's Williams games with multiplayer to see if anything strikes my fancy.

Tom Tom, El Toro, Mardi Gras , Merry Widow, Shangri-La, Pretty Baby and Eager Beaver are some good ones.

#4193 4 years ago

dave that is super NICE! see how the inside edge of yours is green mine is white? vic camp has a pic on ipdb with the white too so I think at one point it had white early on

20150503_154545.jpg 20150503_154502.jpg 20150503_154803.jpg
#4194 4 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

bab from Michigan- cleaning cabinet 005.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
bab from Michigan- cleaning cabinet 001.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
bab from Michigan- cleaning cabinet 015.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Awesome find!

#4195 4 years ago

I bought my first EM about 2 months ago and absolutely love it. I almost bought another one over the weekend, but the seller and I couldn't agree on a price.

Here is my 1968 Safari. The playfield is really nice with just a little wear around the top of the bumpers. There is a little planking, but not much at all. The back glass has some flaking, so I really need to get that cleared so it doesn't get any worse. I'm just afraid to try it myself since they are impossible to find.

002.JPG

001.JPG

16366302204_38b228c0ff_k.jpg

#4196 4 years ago

Love the middle-pop games and Safari is one of the better ones. Nice find.

#4197 4 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Had some friends over to play last night we all had a blast. After everyone left I decided to take some video with everything powered up.

Where did you get that carpet? We are buying a new house in the next month or so and I'm starting my shopping early.

#4198 4 years ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

Tom Tom, El Toro, Mardi Gras , Merry Widow, Shangri-La, Pretty Baby and Eager Beaver are some good ones.

As is my favorite multi-player of them all (so far). Pit Stop.

399569-i.jpg

#4199 4 years ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

Thanks for the recommendation on the titles. I will have to check them out.

#4200 4 years ago
Quoted from wayner:

Looks a really nice one Dave

Thanks

Thanks

Quoted from boilerman:dave that is super NICE! see how the inside edge of yours is green mine is white? vic camp has a pic on ipdb with the white too so I think at one point it had white early on

Thanks
Yes I do - interesting.......

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
€ 8.40
1,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Weedsport, NY
$ 114.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 29.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 38.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Fe, NM
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
675 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sycamore, IL
£ 49.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys
$ 135.00
Lighting - Led
LED OCD
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
€ 3.95
Flipper Parts
Multigame
$ 89.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
$ 14.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 21.00
£ 29.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 12128 posts in this topic. You are on page 84 of 243.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside