Topic Stats

• 12,132 posts
  • 680 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by midniight
  • Topic is favorited by 185 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 7,948 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20191117_141652 (resized).jpg
20191117_140230 (resized).jpg
20191117_140237 (resized).jpg
20191117_140224 (resized).jpg
20191117_140217 (resized).jpg
IMG_3103 (resized).JPG
IMG_3102 (resized).JPG
IMG_20191110_193917187 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191024_154651251 (resized).jpg
AT2 (resized).jpg
AT1 (resized).jpg
20191110_181329 (resized).jpg
20191110_181312 (resized).jpg
20191108_140747 (resized).jpg
20191108_140157 (resized).jpg
20191108_135936 (resized).jpg

There are 12132 posts in this topic. You are on page 101 of 243.
#5001 4 years ago

I never thought in a million years that when I made this post 2 years ago that it would see 5000 posts or more. I am so glad I made this post and I love seeing everyones games! Thanks everyone!

#5002 4 years ago

Just picked up a C37 from yfz450 on my way home from NYC. Got to celebrate my grandsons 1st bday and now finally getting a C37. Great guy and a great pin. Thanks Joe!

C37 27.jpgC37 1.JPG

#5003 4 years ago

looks great
atlantis and c37 in a few weeks
now what?

#5004 4 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

looks great
Atlantis and c37 in a few weeks
now what?

Thanks Dave. It's going to need some cabinet love from you at some point and some minor work, but plays pretty good as-is. Maybe another winter project for you? You did such a fantastic job on my ACD!!

Believe it or not, next isn't even a pin (gasp!) I'm supposed to be picking up a Crusin' World driving arcade from a friend of mine. Drew really wants one.

Really loving the C37, ACD & Atlantis in the lineup. It's tough to pick which one to play! Maybe I can sneak a Volley in at some point.

#5005 4 years ago
Quoted from Chippewa-Pin:

Thanks Dave. It's going to need some cabinet love from you at some point and some minor work, but plays pretty good as-is. Maybe another winter project for you? You did such a fantastic job on my ACD!!
Believe it or not, next isn't even a pin (gasp!) I'm supposed to be picking up a Crusin' World driving arcade from a friend of mine. Drew really wants one.
Really loving the C37, ACD & Atlantis in the lineup. It's tough to pick which one to play! Maybe I can sneak a Volley in at some point.

Those are 3 really good Gottlieb wedgehead titles you have......

#5006 4 years ago

Right back at you. Just checked out your lineup!

1 week later
#5007 4 years ago

Has anybody else ever brought home a machine they weren't really after but the condition and price were too nice to pass up? These LEDs gotta go though.

DSCN3885.JPG

DSCN3890.JPG

#5008 4 years ago

Sometimes those turn out to be a lot of fun. It's nice to play one without any expectations. I had a Kickoff that was my favorite for a long time that was one of those type of deals. Congrats, the Hokus Pokus looks exceptionally nice. And always fun to see the equalizer in the background.

#5009 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Has anybody else ever brought home a machine they weren't really after but the condition and price were too nice to pass up? These LEDs gotta go though.

Congrats!

Looks Super nice o-din and one of the best Spinner games around. Almost bought one back in the late 70's from an operator for $500.00. Hokus Pokus will always have a special place with me. I know a guy in Beverley Hills, CA who is/was selling a nice one, is that the one?

P.S. Yes, please do lose the LEDS.

And watch out for the "Over The Top" Buzzer!

Ken

#5010 4 years ago

Beautiful Hokus Pokus.. Spinners all day! And once the LED's are out, it will be even nicer!

#5011 4 years ago

I was actually looking for a Hokus Pokus about a year ago because it looked like a fun game but got outbid on E-bay for a local one the wasn't nearly as nice. That was before I started trying to go strictly older with two inch flippers. But the guy wasn't going to let me leave without taking something last night...

#5012 4 years ago

#5013 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Beverley Hills

Don's a nice guy and got a lot of games. Just sold him my Gottlieb Flying Carpet.

Ken

#5014 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

kind of like this one?

20150821_163946.jpg

#5015 4 years ago

Just like that!

#5016 4 years ago

Nice nags fine. Some day....Some day....

#5017 4 years ago

Like this one? These woodies just seem to be finding me lately!
20150822_172636.jpg

#5018 4 years ago

Another collector I know said he just picked up a 57 Royal Flush too. Nice looking game.

#5019 4 years ago

I sealed the backglass today and have plastics and roto stickers coming from Australia. The glass has some issues, but it'll do for now. I'll probably eventually get a repop from Shay. Hope to have the game ready for "woodrail row" at the upcoming York, PA show.

#5020 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

These LEDs gotta go though.

You could re use them in your Moon Glow lights in the garden.

#5021 4 years ago

Picked up my third EM on a run to NH yesterday, snagging a Williams Grand Prix. It's definitely in need of a shop job, if not a restoration, but it plays correctly as far as I can tell right now and that's half the battle. Once I get her cleaned up and re-rubbered, I'll see where its at and the playfield may just go out for a restoration. Cabinet art is simple, so I think I can do that myself and mechanically it's solid and in nice shape, just a few small scrapes and dents to fix up.

Arrival Pics:

DSCN1267.jpg

DSCN1271.jpg

DSCN1266.jpg

DSCN1272.jpg

DSCN1273.jpg

DSCN1274.jpg

DSCN1275.jpg

DSCN1278.jpg

#5022 4 years ago

I drove to Florida this weekend and picked up a Bowling Queen. I really enjoyed seeing BQ at Pintastic in July and had been hoping to pick one up. (Thanks again for the tip, JR!) For me, it's pure nostalgia. My first memory of pinball is from visiting a bowling alley right about the time this was build (1964). I particularly like the three lit pinball machines in the background on the backglass. (Guess the woman on the right just won a free game?)

The playfield and backglass are an 8+, with only minor imperfections. The cabinet is solid but has a pretty awful paint job. That's going to have to go! I am having stencils made, so this will be my first attempt at a repaint. The last pic is my little row of wedgeheads. Not much compared to most of you, I know, but considering the fact that I had none at the beginning of the summer, it's quite a good start. (Don't know why the singles digit on the Cow Poke occasionally does not align, but it's neither a persistent problem nor a big deal.)
Bowling Queen playfield.jpgBowling Queen backglass.jpgWedgehead row.jpg

#5023 4 years ago

Glad you nailed that "BQ". You have a nice start there.

#5024 4 years ago

Thanks. Do you recall which pins those are portrayed in the backglass? I've forgotten.

#5025 4 years ago

I believe they are "Flipper Clown", "Gaucho", and "Bowling Queen" in reverse order.

#5026 4 years ago

Beautiful game. I'd love a bowling-themed game to add to my collection. I've always thought King Pin was my fave, but this makes me think Bowling Queen could occupy that slot as well.

#5027 4 years ago

Picked up my first EM. image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

#5028 4 years ago

Welcome to the world of EM's.

I had a Super Soccer in my collection 15 years ago and had chance to buy it back last month. If I had the space it would be back in my collection. Good player and nice looker for sure. The animation is icing on the cake too. Enjoy your 1st EM...and it might not be your last EM. Nice Find!

#5029 4 years ago

Welcome! Won't be long until you're addicted to the feel, the sound, the smell of that old game and keep buying more and more!

#5030 4 years ago

Playing them at ReplayFX and Pinburgh the last two years has really made me appreciate some of the dynamic layouts that EMs have.

Knowing Nick Baldridge has gotten me over my total fear of the mechanics. I'm still afraid, just not too fearful to own one.

#5031 4 years ago
Quoted from Toyguy:

Picked up my third EM on a run to NH yesterday, snagging a Williams Grand Prix. It's definitely in need of a shop job, if not a restoration, but it plays correctly as far as I can tell right now and that's half the battle. Once I get her cleaned up and re-rubbered, I'll see where its at and the playfield may just go out for a restoration. Cabinet art is simple, so I think I can do that myself and mechanically it's solid and in nice shape, just a few small scrapes and dents to fix up.
Arrival Pics:

DSCN1267.jpg DSCN1271.jpg DSCN1266.jpg DSCN1272.jpg DSCN1273.jpg DSCN1274.jpg DSCN1275.jpg DSCN1278.jpg

It's not that simple. Someone did a really lousy job there of trying to repaint that game. Hopefully you can get it straightened out.

#5032 4 years ago

Congrats on the Super Soccer. I played that game many times in the 70s. One of my favorites.

#5033 4 years ago

After a long weekend of fun and enjoyment and rave reviews from all the players it looks like Hokus Pokus is a keeper. At least for now.

#5034 4 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Picked up my first EM. image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Great meeting you Taylor. I wish there were some EM folks around Charlotte it's all about the three letters around here DMD and LED

#5035 4 years ago

2 of my games rooms in 360° !

https://www.pixeet.com/pano/KUEMRXBM

----------------------------------------------------

Wanted : Dead or Alive - In any condition
Gottlieb SPACE WALK
You find, you win : REWARD USD 500

http://www.facebook.com/kangourou.flipper?fref=ts

#5036 4 years ago
Quoted from kangourou:

Wanted : Dead or Alive - In any condition
Gottlieb SPACE WALK
You find, you win : REWARD USD 500
http://www.facebook.com/kangourou.flipper?fref=ts

Very nice line-up!

#5037 4 years ago

Awesome

#5038 4 years ago
Quoted from kangourou:

2 of my games rooms

Fantastic Collection. Thanks for sharing it with Pinside.
If I was to critique your game room, I would suggest some carpeting. Just to help absorb the sound level. Unless the walls and ceiling are already coated with something.

#5039 4 years ago
Quoted from kangourou:

A wonderful collection Andrew. Your Charlies Angels looks great. Hey you have room for 6 more!!-Wayne

#5041 4 years ago

That looks about as fun to play as a Bally Vampire............meaning not much. To bad all the EM vampire themed pins were lame on both artwork and gameplay IMO.

Ken

#5042 4 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

That looks about as fun to play as a Bally Vampire............meaning not much. To bad all the EM vampire themed pins were lame on both artwork and gameplay IMO.
Ken

And the girls on the backglass are butt ugly.

#5043 4 years ago

It's amazing what pops up around here sometimes...

(Some day I might even get around to rebuilding this one.)

2015Sep06_001.jpg

2015Sep06_002.jpg

2015Sep06_003.jpg

2015Sep06_004.jpg

#5044 4 years ago

Very nice machine! Change out the flipper bats, blue mushroom targets and get rid of the yellow instruction cards and you have one awesome game. Make sure you add some GE #455 bulbs to everything in the backglass besides the score reels and the "Bally" part for one awesome backglass show. I have now owned my machine 4 months and love it dearly. Welcome to the Fireball club!

#5045 4 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

Change out the flipper bats, blue mushroom targets and get rid of the yellow instruction cards and you have one awesome game.

I have a longer list than that...

All in due time though; it needs to wait its turn.

#5046 4 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

I have a longer list than that...
All in due time though; it needs to wait its turn.

Out of curiosity what all externally does it need besides what I stated?

#5047 4 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

I see Dirt as a guy who wants to know his game intimately. Every switch examined, cleaned and adjusted as necessary. I love Fireball too. Really annoyed a guy at the last Allentown show because I was doing the double flip with the zippers closed which would pass down the right side back to the closed flippers. Took a little while till I drained all three balls.

#5048 4 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

Needs a backdoor, missing some playfield screws and one bell standoff, has a bent apron, needs a new plunger spring, playfield needs a complete teardown, clean, polish, wax, cab needs some attention in a few spots, coin door needs a complete teardown/clean/rebuild, flipper buttons need disassembly/clean. I think that was the start of the list on a cursory review. Internal is more.

It's a decent example, was probably "shopped" ten years ago, but never really fully rebuilt. It would benefit from a full rebuild, but it's good enough to just play it for now.

And in playing it some more, I'm noticing a few quirks that need to be addressed, but that's minor stuff. It's a hoot to play.

#5049 4 years ago

My first EM - Gottlieb Space Orbit. Owned for about 18 months now.

An add-a-ball machine that was originally exported to Italy and then imported here to Australia in a container a few years ago. From there it was purchased by a collector in Sydney and then made it's way to me in Melbourne.

spaceorbit_1.jpg

spaceorbit_2.jpg

spaceorbit_3.jpg

spaceorbit_4.jpg

#5050 4 years ago
Quoted from Jesder:

My first EM - Gottlieb Space Orbit. Owned for about 18 months now.
An add-a-ball machine that was originally exported to Italy and then imported here to Australia in a container a few years ago. From there it was purchased by a collector in Sydney and then made it's way to me in Melbourne.
spaceorbit_1.jpg
spaceorbit_2.jpg
spaceorbit_3.jpg
spaceorbit_4.jpg

Very cool game!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 7,899.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
There are 12132 posts in this topic. You are on page 101 of 243.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside