Topic Stats

• 11,601 posts
  • 653 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by PinZig
  • Topic is favorited by 178 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 7,575 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20190522_213527 (resized).jpg
815B9DCB-0168-4789-98DB-4336004432F9 (resized).jpeg
20190327_195936 (resized).jpg
20190327_195911 (resized).jpg
20190513_211922 (resized).jpg
20190522_183300_resized (resized).jpg
20190522_183241_resized (resized).jpg
20190521_205648_resized (resized).jpg
8B0C2336-0E34-4ABB-BB5E-C5AC897BFD4E (resized).jpeg
20190511_182104 (resized).jpg
20190511_182055 (resized).jpg
20190511_182042 (resized).jpg
2019-04-21 19.42.27 (resized).jpg
2019-04-21 19.42.42 (resized).jpg
20190508_201221 (resized).jpg
20190508_201204 (resized).jpg

There are 11601 posts in this topic. You are on page 69 of 233.
#3401 4 years ago
Quoted from PhilC:

Another fun williams title, my first pin.

A couple of real beauties there. Williams had some very colorful games during that era.

#3402 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

A couple of real beauties there. Williams had some very colorful games during that era.

Ditto. Those machines are beautiful-I haven't see those before.

#3403 4 years ago

This one just showed up today thanks to Brian Saunders. She's really nice looking.

image.jpg image-470.jpg
#3404 4 years ago

added another one to the already over crowded garage
very nice machine near mint backglass great cab and flawless pf it is just dirty and needs a good cleaning
I never really played this one but a few times but was told by many that the one at Allentown this year was a great player so I thought I would give try

20141231_111236.jpg 20141231_111342.jpg 20141231_111352.jpg 20141231_111200.jpg
#3405 4 years ago

Great looking machine boilerman. I have a GA on the way but it is nowhere near the condition of your machine.

#3406 4 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

very nice machine near mint backglass great cab and flawless pf it is just dirty and needs a good cleaning
I never really played this one but a few times but was told by many that the one at Allentown this year was a great player so I thought I would give try

Now that's how we like to find them. Looks very nice!

#3407 4 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

I never really played this one but a few times but was told by many that the one at Allentown this year was a great player so I thought I would give try.

I think that one will need to come home with me in the spring when I pick up the abra-ca-dabra!!

Rob

#3408 4 years ago

To the EM gang here on Pinside.
Happy New Year!

#3409 4 years ago

Happy new year EM folk!

aurich-cats.jpg

#3410 4 years ago

Oh look a Platinum Mink Tonkinese! My Tonkinese cat just passed away about 10 days ago. She was 19 years old. Beautiful cats btw.

#3411 4 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

Oh look a Platinum Mink Tonkinese! My Tonkinese cat just passed away about 10 days ago. She was 19 years old. Beautiful cats btw.

Aww. 19 is a good run though. These aren't purebreds, we rescued them as 6-8 week old kittens from under our house.

Took them a while to adjust to the EMs in my office. Every time the dual drops on Abra Ca Dabra would reset they'd go running.

#3412 4 years ago

Dude the grey one is a Tonkinese.(Half Burmese / Half Siamese) They are a wonderful breed and very vocal. They also live almost forever because of the Burmese in their blood.

#3413 4 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

Dude the grey one is a Tonkinese.(Half Burmese / Half Siamese) They are a wonderful breed and very vocal. They also live almost forever because of the Burmese in their blood.

Welp you got the very vocal part right at least. They've both bonded to me pretty hard since I weaned them and work from home and am around all the time. When I go on business trips they wander around the house looking for me, they follow me from room to room meowing for attention.

The mother was all grey, the father I don't know, but I suspect he was a black masked/socked siamese a bit like the one on the left that I've seen around. She was a stray and we caught her moving her litter under our house. When we judged the kittens were old enough we trapped her (I took her to the vet and had her spayed before we released her again) and got the kittens. Which makes it sound easy, and not an all day ordeal involving breaking holes in our walls to pull them out!

Burmese can be all grey right? You could be totally dead on.

#3414 4 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

20141231_111236.jpg 194 KB

20141231_111342.jpg 194 KB

20141231_111352.jpg 247 KB

20141231_111200.jpg 88 KB

Nice looking game boilerman! I want that title myself.

#3415 4 years ago

Universe comes out and North Star goes in! Thanks to dirtflipper ("The Broker") for the lead on this one. The cabinet needed touched up or re-painted so I went the touch-up route for now and it looks ok. I only did the front - may go back and do the sides and back later when I have more time. The playfield has your normal 60's flipper drag which is common but I can live with it.

NS in line-up 001.JPG NS in line-up 002.JPG NS in line-up 004.JPG North Star 002.JPG North Star 003.JPG North Star 004.JPG
#3416 4 years ago

Last acquisition of 2014 (squeaked in by a few hours). It's a project, needs some work.

(and a huge thanks to Hoov for helping fire up the underground pinball railroad on this one; MO to IL to IA to MN!)

2014Dec31 001.JPG
2014Dec31 002.JPG

#3417 4 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

Universe comes out and North Star goes in! Thanks to dirtflipper ("The Broker") for the lead on this one. The cabinet needed touched up or re-painted so I went the touch-up route for now and it looks ok. I only did the front - may go back and do the sides and back later when I have more time. The playfield has your normal 60's flipper drag which is common but I can live with it.

NS in line-up 002.JPG 281 KB

NS in line-up 001.JPG 271 KB

NS in line-up 004.JPG 240 KB

North Star 002.JPG 258 KB

North Star 003.JPG 290 KB

North Star 004.JPG 278 KB

What happened to the Universe? Oh, wait. Was yours the one that just sold on ebay? I'm in PA so way too far but I was watching. I've never played the game but can usually tell if I like something by its layout and an understanding of the rules. Also, I really like that 50's space race theme and art.

I gotta ask, what didn't make it a keeper? PM me if you don't want to post.

North Star looks nice. It's got the all rollover special that's on just a few Gottlieb's. I would imagine if you can get there, the constant knocker sound must be captivating.

#3418 4 years ago

The Universe was fun but I had to make room for the North Star because of space issues. I didn't have it long enough (2 weeks) to even know if it would be a keeper. Plus, I primarily collect Gottlieb 60's - 70's wedgeheads.

Now, if you want an honest evaluation, contact odin in a few months after he get's his set up.

#3419 4 years ago
Quoted from dtown:

What happened to the Universe? Oh, wait. Was yours the one that just sold on ebay? I'm in PA so way too far but I was watching. I've never played the game but can usually tell if I like something by its layout and an understanding of the rules. Also, I really like that 50's space race theme and art.
I gotta ask, what didn't make it a keeper? PM me if you don't want to post.
North Star looks nice. It's got the all rollover special that's on just a few Gottlieb's. I would imagine if you can get there, the constant knocker sound must be captivating.

A Universe was one of my first pins. I also loved the theme and artwork as I'm a big fan of vintage sci fi art. I bought new plastics and a new backglass for it but in the end it was a below average player. If I had all the room I needed I woulda kept it just for the art and it being a woodrail alone but I had to make room for a Kings and Queens at the time.

#3420 4 years ago
Quoted from beadwindow:

A Universe was one of my first pins. I also loved the theme and artwork as I'm a big fan of vintage sci fi art. I bought new plastics and a new backglass for it but in the end it was a below average player. If I had all the room I needed I woulda kept it just for the art and it being a woodrail alone but I had to make room for a Kings and Queens at the time.

Thanks for giving your opinion on it. I see you owned a Queen of Diamonds once. What did you think of that one? Both these games share that fan type layout of the lighted lane guides which I like the look of too.

#3421 4 years ago

i really enjoyed queen of diamonds and if another comes up, i'd buy it. i also bought new plastics and a backglass for it-it's a beautiful machine and i regret selling it. there's also gottlieb's "world beauties" which is the same game but different art.

#3422 4 years ago
Quoted from beadwindow:

i really enjoyed queen of diamonds and if another comes up, i'd buy it. i also bought new plastics and a backglass for it-it's a beautiful machine and i regret selling it. there's also gottlieb's "world beauties" which is the same game but different art.

Yes, I noticed that as well, but I like QoD better because of its artwork. The use of purples and reds is so eye catching. I also like the symmetry of using the fan type curve for the title lettering and cards in the backglass which isn't as pronounced on WB. I know, sounds nitpicky, but, when you can only have a small collection, you must be so.

#3423 4 years ago

I agree. QoD is my first choice.

#3424 4 years ago

here's the results of my effort. i picked this up going on a year ago out of someone's basement and it was the usual story. it was taking up space and being used as a storage shelf and covered in grime. i brought it home and removed the hardware from the top of the playfield and gave it a good cleaning. i then broke the pin down and there it sat until about 2 weeks ago. in the interim i picked up another pf in better shape. it had worse planking but my original had significant wear at both kickout holes and the pop bumers.
so i finally got around to finishing the machine after getting my sea ray up and running. i swapped playfields, changed all coil sleeves out, cleaned stepper units and score reel mechs, etc. all the normal stuff. i also had a backglass made although the original is in good shape and is the one in the pic. the bumper caps cleaned nicely with novus 2 and fortunately the text stamped into them was deep so it was easy to redo them to have them looking factory new. i was going to go with new bumper skirts and bodies but new ones i have are too white and after cleaning the old ones, they look great. someone broke the bell off it's mount in the head so i picked up another and installed it. also put in complete flipper rebuild kits and replaced all the fuse blocks. new bulbs and a rubber kit as well.photo (14).JPGphoto (15).JPG

#3425 4 years ago

BLY Expressway is one of pins that made the trip with me from Bakersfield CA to Salem OR.
Need to get it set up and running soon, but it will probably be a few months before i get to go thru it.
Going to have a hard time deciding what others will make the trip north, there is only room for so many.

#3426 4 years ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

BLY Expressway is one of pins that made the trip with me from Bakersfield CA to Salem OR.
Need to get it set up and running soon, but it will probably be a few months before i get to go thru it.
Going to have a hard time deciding what others will make the trip north, there is only room for so many.

Quite an impressive collection. Lemme know if you need any reference pics or anything if you run into trouble setting your Expressway up.

#3427 4 years ago

Another North Jersey pinball collector has join our circle.Check out his line up.
Pictures2014 180.jpgPictures2014 181.jpgPictures2014 182.jpgPictures2014 474.jpgPictures2014 475.jpgPictures2014 457.jpgPictures2014 460.jpgPictures2014 499.jpg

#3428 4 years ago

^^^^^^^is that somebody's house, or a restaurant?^^^^^^^^^

Freaken' rich people.

#3429 4 years ago
Quoted from Vic_Camp:

Another North Jersey pinball collector has join our circle.Check out his line up.

Pictures2014 180.jpg 174 KB

Pictures2014 181.jpg 210 KB

Pictures2014 182.jpg 190 KB

Pictures2014 474.jpg 173 KB

Pictures2014 475.jpg 149 KB

Pictures2014 457.jpg 191 KB

Pictures2014 460.jpg 151 KB

Pictures2014 499.jpg 169 KB

I want to go to there......

#3430 4 years ago

My Christmas present to the Arcade. Light animated backbox and neat kick-back feature makes this a fun game...really like that it came out the month after the moon landing!

image.jpg
#3431 4 years ago
Quoted from Vic_Camp:

Pictures2014 180.jpg 174 KB

Pictures2014 181.jpg 210 KB

Pictures2014 182.jpg 190 KB

Pictures2014 474.jpg 173 KB

Pictures2014 475.jpg 149 KB

Pictures2014 457.jpg 191 KB

Pictures2014 460.jpg 151 KB

Pictures2014 499.jpg 169 KB

You mean this WAS his line up. Many of these are gone now, replaced by DMD games. He loves his "Golden Arrow" though. This is the one I restored, and sold at the last Allentown show. It has a very nice home, and I still get to play it now and then!

#3432 4 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

You mean this WAS his line up. Many of these are gone now, replaced by DMD games. He loves his "Golden Arrow" though. This is the one I restored, and sold at the last Allentown show. It has a very nice home, and I still get to play it now and then!

Following on an earlier post jr is that photo taken at a hotel or personal gameroom?

#3433 4 years ago

Personal Home basement game room.
Pictures2014 476.jpg

#3434 4 years ago

Got my Dancing Dolls up and running finally. It presented a few interesting challenges, undoing 50 years of inventive fixes and worn out parts. It's happy now though.

2015Jan04 049.JPG
2015Jan04 050.JPG
2015Jan04 052.JPG
Dancers lit
Dancers in action!

And this is about as diverse as the lineup gets here. Woodrail, 60's wedge, multi-player, 70's wedge, early SS.

Part of the lineup

#3435 4 years ago

I added 2 new EMs this year to get to this somewhat respectable EM collection. C37 and Space Mission are waiting; I need to finish and seal some playfield touchups.

JMS_4027.JPG
JMS_4030.JPG

#3436 4 years ago

First EM. Zac Moon Flight

IMG_20150104_101516.jpg
#3437 4 years ago

Joker Poker SS really is a lot of fun. We play the heck out of mine.

#3438 4 years ago

Though these aren't games, I did get a couple EM related novelties from arcadenovelties.com over the holidays. They have the rights to reproduce Gottlieb logos and backglass images on shirts, mugs, keychains, etc.

They were offering free shipping over $65, IIRC. I had been looking at getting a custom t-shirt with the D. Gottlieb banner logo on the top left front and the Flipper Skill Games image on the back. Since this didn't reach the amount for the free shipping I picked a couple other things and thought I'd comment on their quality if anyone here had been thinking about ordering from them.

First, the shirt is really nice. As you can tell the ink seems like its part of the shirt and not some shiny decal that will crack after a couple washes. Size was accurate as well.

The clock was, well, $15. It's plastic with basically a cardboard insert with the image on it. Runs on a single AA which is included. I hung it above the doorway in my home theater/family room. Looks good. Those pop bumper style clocks are probably a lot nicer but, they're more than fifteen bucks too.

I bought two keychains. I think they'd look pretty cool on a pin's key ring. One for my Top Card and a Flipper Skill Game one for my Sunshine since they didn't have one specifically for that game. They're metal and have printing on both sides. The Flipper Skill Game one is nice but the print on the Top Card is a little soft. Price? Ten bucks a piece. A little expensive.

Final thoughts. I know paying for the license and for Cafe Press to make these items costs money so, no regrets in my purchase at all. My opinion. If it wasn't for trying to meet the free shipping, I would have dropped the clock. The keychains are cool. Just wish the printing was sharper. The shirt, which is what I really wanted anyway, is excellent. Top notch quality, at least out of the box. But, I would highly recommend their shirts if you were thinking about one.

image-5.jpg
image-560.jpg

#3439 4 years ago
Quoted from dtown:

Though these aren't games, I did get a couple EM related novelties from arcadenovelties.com over the holidays. They have the rights to reproduce Gottlieb logos and backglass images on shirts, mugs, keychains, etc.
They were offering free shipping over $65, IIRC. I had been looking at getting a custom t-shirt with the D. Gottlieb banner logo on the top left front and the Flipper Skill Games image on the back. Since this didn't reach the amount for the free shipping I picked a couple other things and thought I'd comment on their quality if anyone here had been thinking about ordering from them.
First, the shirt is really nice. As you can tell the ink seems like its part of the shirt and not some shiny decal that will crack after a couple washes. Size was accurate as well.
The clock was, well, $15. It's plastic with basically a cardboard insert with the image on it. Runs on a single AA which is included. I hung it above the doorway in my home theater/family room. Looks good. Those pop bumper style clocks are probably a lot nicer but, they're more than fifteen bucks too.
I bought two keychains. I think they'd look pretty cool on a pin's key ring. One for my Top Card and a Flipper Skill Game one for my Sunshine since they didn't have one specifically for that game. They're metal and have printing on both sides. The Flipper Skill Game one is nice but the print on the Top Card is a little soft. Price? Ten bucks a piece. A little expensive.
Final thoughts. I know paying for the license and for Cafe Press to make these items costs money so, no regrets in my purchase at all. My opinion. If it wasn't for trying to meet the free shipping, I would have dropped the clock. The keychains are cool. Just wish the printing was sharper. The shirt, which is what I really wanted anyway, is excellent. Top notch quality, at least out of the box. But, I would highly recommend their shirts if you were thinking about one.

image-5.jpg 282 KB

image-560.jpg 224 KB

Over the last 5 years, I've bought from Arcade Novelties 6 large coffee mugs and 3 ball caps - all with Gottlieb em branding - either game specific or logo related stuff. I would recommend them all.

Support businesses that carry Gottlieb liscensed products!

#3440 4 years ago

BTW, I like that t-shirt. May get one next order as I now have a $5 coupon.

#3441 4 years ago

had no idea that on Expressway the ball was supposed to shoot out from the upper lift kicker, across the top of the playfield and into the right "mileage score" alley. mine just kicked the ball up and into one of the pop bumpers. it turns out that the upper left 2-level plastic has to be adjusted just so because it guides the ball as it shoots out. with the screws loosened, the plastic can move a couple degrees or so to fine tune the trajectory. i also had to adjust the angle of the kicker face a bit. before it would launch the ball straight into the plastic and the ball would not follow the curve. a small turn of the kicker face counter clockwise causes the ball to engage the curvature of the plastic from the start.
the pic shows the cars in the blue line and this is the path the ball now takes.image.jpg

#3442 4 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

BTW, I like that t-shirt. May get one next order as I now have a $5 coupon.

If you do, it's an Ash Gray color. I really don't like white shirts as I hate doing my wash separately. Yes. Even though I'm married, I do my clothes and my wife does hers. That's what 10+ years of living alone does to a guy. They get...independent.

Anyway, the guy at arcade novelties seemed to forget that he offered that color with that print. Just point him this way if he does.

#3443 4 years ago
Quoted from dtown:

If you do, it's an Ash Gray color. I really don't like white shirts as I hate doing my wash separately. Yes. Even though I'm married, I do my clothes and my wife does hers. That's what 10+ years of living alone does to a guy. They get...independent.
Anyway, the guy at arcade novelties seemed to forget that he offered that color with that print. Just point him this way if he does.

Thanks for that.

You need to take the D. Gottlieb & Co. logo that you have on the front of your shirt and have it put on a tan colored ball cap - good combination and it looks good.

#3444 4 years ago

Me likey the clock... Going to check out the site again. I had previously bought some keychains. Kinda cheap but I do love the logos which match my machines

#3445 4 years ago
Quoted from dtown:

LOL! I wash my clothing because if I didn't then my 2XL shirts would turn into mediums and all my whites would be pink.

#3446 4 years ago

just finished these two

20150106_203736.jpg
#3447 4 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

just finished these two

Dave - any chance the paint for those ACD's are rattle can colors? I'd like to touch up the head cabinet I got from you.

#3448 4 years ago

sorry mike those colors are a custom match

#3449 4 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

just finished these two
20150106_203736.jpg 194 KB

Your not wasting anytime restoring games these days. I like your style and want to say thanks for making them so nice too. It seems like the ones you don't keep go to good homes that will cherish and enjoy them for many years.Keep up the great work!

#3450 4 years ago

thanks Vic, I have been pretty busy at work and I am surprised I got done as much as I have. I normally keep everything I pick up at least for a little while. one Abra is mine and the other belongs to Chippewa-Pin. I still have to go through the mechanicals but that is the time consuming part
once done I have a few bugs in the egg head I just finished then the new Goden arrow is getting a good cleaning. really what to put a 30-40 games on it to see if everyone that said JR's at Allentown was great was telling me the truth....the main reason I picked it up

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 399.95
€ 8.40
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
9,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 66.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 14.99
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
€ 3.95
Flipper Parts
Multigame
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Colleyville, TX
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 17.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 67.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bakersfield, CA
£ 49.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 8,500.00
Pinball Machine
PinballSTAR Amusements
$ 86.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
£ 49.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys
2,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mountainside, NJ
$ 49.00
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 11601 posts in this topic. You are on page 69 of 233.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside