20240413_220215 (resized).jpg
20240413_220225 (resized).jpg
20240413_220229 (resized).jpg
20240413_220209 (resized).jpg
20240413_220211 (resized).jpg
20240413_220207 (resized).jpg
20240413_220203 (resized).jpg
20240413_220201 (resized).jpg
There are 13,747 posts in this topic. You are on page 170 of 275.
#8451 7 years ago
Quoted from Electrocute:

Playfield was available and I also owned the machine, so why not? The swap was completed by Brady at pinballshark. He's done my Sing Along, Wizard!, Atlantis and now another Wizard!

Love the artwork on this vintage of Bally. Wizard, Captain fantastic, & Old Chicago in a row would be the bomb!

#8452 7 years ago

in rank in play
1 Old Chicago
2 Captain Fsntastic
3 Wizard!
But you can't compare the play of a Wizard! with a new clearcoated playfield. It makes a huge difference.

#8453 7 years ago

Beautiful and stunning. You own two of that title?

#8454 7 years ago

Yes, 50 made and 15 went to one buyer. Somewhere, there's a guy who owns 15 Wizards with Wade Krause playfields installed.

#8455 7 years ago
Quoted from dasvis:

Love the artwork on this vintage of Bally. Wizard, Captain fantastic, & Old Chicago in a row would be the bomb!

They kept it going well into the SS era. You should see my Skateball!

As someone that grew up playing in the 70s I can tell you each new Bally stood out from the crowd.

#8456 7 years ago
Quoted from Otaku:

Can't wait to see what Grand Tour looks like when it is done. I am happy to finally see more of these early/mid 60's Bally games brought back to life and preserved. Seems like they are finally gathering the steam they deserve.

Posted a few shots in the resto thread, done with making the stencil today. Now I can strip off the last of the old paint, fix a few bumps and bruises and hit it with some primer. I know they did not come primered, but it will look better and reduce some imperfections.

It won't look 100% detail new when I'm done as I don't have skill set and mentality (I favor functionality over making show queens, you wont see me detailing relays) but I think it will look pretty sharp when complete and work 100% as intended. Even going to try my hand touching up the backglass and sealing as I have a pretty good eye at color matching.

#8458 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

They kept it going well into the SS era. You should see my Skateball!
As someone that grew up playing in the 70s I can tell you each new Bally stood out from the crowd.

Yup, I was there in the 70's playing those pins. EBD was my Bally of choice.
Bally was not afraid to try new layouts... some were turds, but most were great in that era.

#8459 7 years ago

It's what I strive for.

#8460 7 years ago
Quoted from Electrocute:

Playfield was available and I also owned the machine, so why not? The swap was completed by Brady at pinballshark. He's done my Sing Along, Wizard!, Atlantis and now another Wizard!

That is one fabulous example of a Bally Wizard! I have not seen on that nice since I saw one at Herb Silvers "Fabulous Fantasies" in So Cal back in the late 90's.

#8461 7 years ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

Flip-A-Card has an awesome asymmetrical shot layout. I really wish the rules were better unfortunately,

Nick -

I've sold plenty of games that others thought were great and I only thought were OK. However - blaming a game (that designed to be a single player) for not having a rule set that is tournament friendly is a bit rough! I would think the game was almost never used for tournament play when originally on location.

Plus- don't forget the Ace shot (from left flipper up the right side) is worth 500 points!

#8462 7 years ago

Sorry... didn't mean to dog on it. It's really more of a question of whether you play for specials or for points/high scores. I lean toward the latter and points are what tourneys use (though I guess they could use specials too?). But in general I do like the game... yours looks quite nice.

#8463 7 years ago

Yeah Flip a Card is a lot of fun. The way it is set up, its fun to try to light up the whole guitar and go for multiple specials. It is still a decent tournament game, though you are always shooting for the ace or trying to get back in the top inlanes. When I had one, I definitely found myself shooting for specials more than score.

#8464 7 years ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

Sorry... didn't mean to dog on it.

No problem, I didn't take it that way.

I remember your previous post on this issue and it definitely is more of a specials-oriented game than a points-oriented game. Since it's usually just me playing, I tend to focus on reaching the specials.

Even though every game is "free" at my house and I'm not scrounging for dimes and quarters in the coin return slots, I still get a thrill out of hearing that knock. Heck, I even like hearing it when I get a match!! As with most of life, it's the little victories that keep you going.

#8465 7 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

Update on my reveal. The machine is paid for and wrapped up for STI. I will reveal what I am getting the minute it is loaded up on an STI truck. My guess is mid next week it will be on a truck.

I think people stopped caring three pages ago!

#8466 7 years ago

Picked this up last Wednesday from an estate sale.

IMG_0905 (resized).JPGIMG_0905 (resized).JPG

IMG_0910 (resized).JPGIMG_0910 (resized).JPG

#8467 7 years ago

Then picked up this on Thursday from a CL ad.

IMG_0907 (resized).JPGIMG_0907 (resized).JPG

IMG_0909 (resized).JPGIMG_0909 (resized).JPG

#8468 7 years ago

Was able to take a day off work to do a quick clean & repair so I could take them to MGC for the free play area. Worked on them right up to the opening of the show, but they both played flawlessly both days. Fun week!

#8469 7 years ago

ooooh
the good el toro
great art package
and a tough game to master

#8470 7 years ago

Glenn, you had me very tempted at MGC with that El Toro. It played very well and the Ice Show was also very snappy. I would have guessed you spent more time getting them ready. Great Job! Thanks for bringing the El Toro. I probably put the most games on it.

#8471 7 years ago

You mess with the bull, you get the horns.

#8472 7 years ago

here is the dimension i got from pinsider "Marp84" a little while back, with the help of my buddy Cliff.
After good cleaning and a few minor touchups it turned out to be real nice original.
now to set it up next to the 2001 and see which one is the better player. the looser gets SOLD

20170411_071507 (resized).jpg20170411_071507 (resized).jpg

20170411_071521 (resized).jpg20170411_071521 (resized).jpg

20170411_071551 (resized).jpg20170411_071551 (resized).jpg

20170411_071730 (resized).jpg20170411_071730 (resized).jpg

20170411_071735 (resized).jpg20170411_071735 (resized).jpg

20170411_071743 (resized).jpg20170411_071743 (resized).jpg

20170411_071812 (resized).jpg20170411_071812 (resized).jpg

20170411_071817 (resized).jpg20170411_071817 (resized).jpg

#8473 7 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

here is the dimension i got from pinsider "Marp84" a little while back, with the help of my buddy Cliff.
After good cleaning and a few minor touchups it turned out to be real nice original.
now to set it up next to the 2001 and see which one is the better player. the looser gets SOLD

I've got to finish my 2001 and matchit up to my Dimension and do the same.

Let us know who the winner is.......

#8474 7 years ago
Quoted from aahgo:

Picked this up last Wednesday from an estate sale.

Nice find.

I've been looking for the replay version Ice Revue

#8475 7 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

I've got to finish my 2001 and matchit up to my Dimension and do the same.
Let us know who the winner is.......

it will be a hard choice, i like both but one has to go.

#8476 7 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

it will be a hard choice, i like both but one has to go.

Was there kick out hole wear on the Dimension? Looks great.

#8477 7 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

I see the bowler is finally gone. You actually have room in your garage now!!

#8478 7 years ago
Quoted from Chippewa-Pin:

I see the bowler is finally gone. You actually have room in your garage now!!

AMEN! that thing was a beast

#8479 7 years ago
Quoted from stashyboy:

Was there kick out hole wear on the Dimension? Looks great.

minor, not the normally large area you commonly see

#8480 7 years ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

and a tough game to master

Yeah, I was able to get it to play pretty decent, but it will only get snappier when I get chance to do the full shop out on it. It actually won a best in show award in the EM category. I was very surprised and pleased it got some recognition.

#8481 7 years ago

Boilerman, that is one beautiful Dimension. You always come across some of the best games.

#8482 7 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

I think people stopped caring three pages ago!

#8483 7 years ago
Quoted from aahgo:

Then picked up this on Thursday from a CL ad.

I was hemming and hawing on that El Toro. It looked like a nice machine for the money. If I hadn't bought that ball bowler...

#8484 7 years ago

When the good ones show up, you gotta get them. The problem is what to keep and what to let go of. Ice show is in really nice shape and El Toro is not too shabby either. Decisions, decisions....

I was able to put some time in on the Hobbit at the show and I really like that game. I am very tempted to get one. That means I will need to sell some stuff to generate the capital. I will probably be putting together a list of games that will go on the block soon.

#8485 7 years ago
Quoted from aahgo:

I will probably be putting together a list of games that will go on the block soon.

I would figure your GTB Stock Car has got to be on that list.
Problem is you would have to sell a dozen of them
just to make a decent down payment on the Hobbit.

#8486 7 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

now to set it up next to the 2001 and see which one is the better player. the loser gets SOLD

Do the top kickout holes launch the ball into the pop bumpers? Every 2001 I've encountered did that, and was subsequently wearing down the playfield with repeated hits.

I've modded a couple of 2001's successfully by removing 18 feet of wire from each of the upper slings, 18 feet from each of the pops, and attaching 36 feet to each of the kickout coils at the top. It gives the top area a little more action and softens the kickouts. Felt just right on both machines.

#8487 7 years ago
Quoted from aahgo:

I was able to put some time in on the Hobbit at the show and I really like that game. I am very tempted to get one. That means I will need to sell some stuff to generate the capital.

me too. it a lot of coin
it has a good flow much better than wizard of oz

#8488 7 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

Boilerman, that is one beautiful Dimension. You always come across some of the best games.

dan i got it here. it was pretty dirty and needed a lot of TLC but came out nicier than expected
sometimes i get real lucky, sometimes not so much

#8489 7 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

me too. it a lot of coin
it has a good flow much better than wizard of oz

Agreed. A friend has a WOZ and I just can't get into it.

Quoted from pinwiztom:I would figure your GTB Stock Car has got to be on that list.

Problem is you would have to sell a dozen of them
just to make a decent down payment on the Hobbit.

Lol, yeah, it's kind of a project and wouldn't generate much cash. That was one I probably should have passed on. If I remember right it came up during a lull period, and I was looking for a quick project...then other stuff came along and it ended up in storage.

#8490 7 years ago
Quoted from aahgo:

I will probably be putting together a list of games that will go on the block soon.

Make sure to let us local yokals know first

#8491 7 years ago

I check every day for the Rat Reveal. This is huge.

#8492 7 years ago

I have to give Bigdaddy1 (Robert) a big thank you here. Just picked this up and plugged her in. 100% out of the box, and it was literally packed in a box. Had to take out about a hundred screws, but it survived perfectly intact from Utah.
Great Pinside deal and a lot of extras thrown in on this one (plastics, flyer, paperwork ect). Robert also kept in communication with me on shipping. He alerted me it had arrived at my terminal before the terminal did! Thanks again, Robert.

And a surprise came when I saw the flashing burlesque sign in the back glass. Risqué!

IMG_2489 (resized).JPGIMG_2489 (resized).JPG

IMG_2501 (resized).PNGIMG_2501 (resized).PNG

IMG_2502 (resized).PNGIMG_2502 (resized).PNG

#8493 7 years ago
Quoted from presqueisle:

I have to give Bigdaddy1 (Robert) a big thank you here. Just picked this up and plugged her in. 100% out of the box, and it was literally packed in a box. Had to take out about a hundred screws, but it survived perfectly intact from Utah.

History is repeating itself. Congrats! On a beautiful, butt kicking game.

#8494 7 years ago

Thank you. I'm no art snob, but I'd have to say the Williams' pins from this era have some great back glasses, along with the fun play to back it up.

The 3 ball is new for me. All mine are set to 5. But my apron card says 3, and only 3 balls were included...so..I better step up my game. It usually takes that many for me to warm up

#8495 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

History is repeating itself. Congrats! On a beautiful, butt kicking game.

Deja Vu all over again
Same thing for me
from Big Daddy#1
only mine was hand delivered,
but the spare (original BG) was crated in wood box built beyond belief.

#8496 7 years ago

About 20 games in now..and it's an arse kicker for sure. The flashing diamond broach on Big Daddy is neat too.

#8497 7 years ago
Quoted from presqueisle:

The 3 ball is new for me. All mine are set to 5. But my apron card says 3, and only 3 balls were included...so..I better step up my game. It usually takes that many for me to warm up

Mine came on 3 ball and I just left it there. You play it over and over and over again like that and it makes getting 1000 a real challenge.

#8498 7 years ago

Presqueisle...awesome game! It is the first game I b-line for each time I visit o-din.

#8499 7 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

I check every day for the Rat Reveal. This is huge.

Still waiting on the STI number that it was picked up. I should hear any day now. I am very excited about this machine and it will be well worth the wait on the reveal.

#8500 7 years ago

Since Rat's keeping us all in suspense, perhaps you guys might like to guess what machine I'm looking to get next.

Screen shot 2017-04-11 at 7.19.03 PM (resized).pngScreen shot 2017-04-11 at 7.19.03 PM (resized).png

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.98
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Lewiston, NY
$ 20.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 210.00
Cabinet Parts
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

£ 31.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oceanside, NY
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Tuscaloosa, AL
$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.50
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

Gameroom - Decorations
Pin Art

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

£ 49.00
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

1,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Columbus, OH
£ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballToys

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.98
Hardware
Gameroom Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 13,747 posts in this topic. You are on page 170 of 275.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/em-show-us-your-em-pinball-machines/page/170 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.