Topic Stats

• 12,021 posts
  • 676 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 days ago by o-din
  • Topic is favorited by 184 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 7,878 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

DSCN3084 (resized).JPG
DSCN3083 (resized).JPG
DSCN3077 (resized).JPG
DSCN3076 (resized).JPG
DSCN3074 (resized).JPG
d6a6035452bd11a2e1f02cce96aae62a53e69c2d (resized).jpg
cbfcc45c0da70b32e108426ba83e130e32b70cdc (resized).jpg
RoyalFlushC (resized).jpg
RoyalFlushB (resized).jpg
RoyalFlushA (resized).jpg
20190921_155621 (resized).jpg
20190921_155631 (resized).jpg
20190921_155954 (resized).jpg
20190921_155606 (resized).jpg
20190921_155614 (resized).jpg
speedrush (resized).jpg

There are 12021 posts in this topic. You are on page 114 of 241.
#5651 3 years ago

FunkyFreshWalrus thanks for the picture of the board. The two upper semicircles have been solder bridged together on mine. The trace from the right one is the burnt trace. I've a lot of cleaning and adjusting to do. I'm going to Hill Billy pinball Monday and see if he has one.
Thanks Sputnik

#5652 3 years ago

I just picked up my first EM yesterday. Target Alpha. It came with a NOS set of playfield plastics.

targetalpha_(resized).jpg

#5653 3 years ago

Nice choice, still looking for El Dorado which is very similar.

#5654 3 years ago
Quoted from Electrocute:

El Dorado, Gold Strike, Lucky Strike, Canada Dry, Solar City, El Dorado City of Gold, it's funny how many games were made with the same playfield

#5655 3 years ago
Quoted from Sputnik:

thanks for the picture of the board.

No problem. On my machine it seems like the cause was misalignment where the fingers of the stepper shorted over two contacts instead of sitting right in the middle of a contact.

If you end up needing score wheel parts feel free to send me a PM I have a bunch left over from my restoration.

#5656 3 years ago
Quoted from Electrocute:

The layout is where the similarities end.

#5657 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeO:

The layout is where the similarities end.

Yeah you are right. Its funny how many variations they made off the same play field though.

#5658 3 years ago
Quoted from Blindseer:

really? how so?

The layouts are the same the game play is different. Here are the main differences other than multi player.

El Dorado has that moving target light, effected with that star rollover on the upper playfield. Targets reset when the bank is all knocked down.

Solar City, Canada Dry, and Target Alpha resets the targets at the end of each ball. These 3 have the Double Bonus feature too.

#5659 3 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

EM, and a Ford Mustang fan, great!

Mustangs even before pins hahaha

#5660 3 years ago
Quoted from Red97:

My rough Domino, plays pretty decent though.

For you guys wondering? How was that figured out...

DSCN0912_(resized).JPG

#5661 3 years ago

SW and ACD,the best EM duo

#5662 3 years ago

Many, many thanks to Dave (Boilerman) for cabinet repaints on C37 & ACD and major hack corrections (basically a restoration) on C37. What an asset to the EM community he is. I just can't believe I finally have these 3 in my house after two years on the hunt. I look forward to playing these every day!!

The last pic is for those of us who also dabble in the 80s and up...

Next on the (sickness) list is a Sure Shot or Bank Shot. Who can I pry a really nice/restored condition one from? Really looking forward to having a billiards theme. Dave's on the lookout.

Feb_-_non_EM_(resized).jpg

Feb_-_C37_(resized).jpg

Feb_-_Atlantis_(resized).jpg

Feb_-_ACD_(resized).jpg

Feb_-_EMs_(resized).jpg

#5663 3 years ago

Sorry about the picture order... The preview showed them in the opposite order.

#5664 3 years ago

I also have a AL Sea Hunt, and the greatest of them all, Bally Fireball.

IMG_20160214_131624_231_zpsdgaku0o2.jpg~original_(resized).jpg

#5665 3 years ago

Atlantis has now joined the lineup!

IMG_1060_(resized).jpg

IMG_1084_(resized).jpg

IMG_1066_(resized).jpg

#5666 3 years ago
Quoted from Chippewa-Pin:

Many, many thanks to Dave (Boilerman) for cabinet repaints on C37 & ACD and major hack corrections (basically a restoration) on C37. What an asset to the EM community he is. I just can't believe I finally have these 3 in my house after two years on the hunt. I look forward to playing these every day!!

Nice games!! Dave (Boilerman) is a super nice guy and has sent me playfield plastics for my HIT the DECK game. Huge help.

#5667 3 years ago

Dave is a great guy and always a pleasure to do a deal with. If it wasn't for him I wouldn't have the super cherry Slick Chick that I own or the opportunity to own a North Star that I kept onto a few years.

#5668 3 years ago

come on guys! i am going to get a big head. but thanks for the kind words. really
i always try to help when i can. this em group is one of the best groups around. no real drama and everyone jumps right in when they can help. i am glad to be a part of it.
unlike some other groups that bring out the real A#@ holes

#5669 3 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

come on guys! i am going to get a big head. but thanks for the kind words. really
i always try to help when i can. this em group is one of the best groups around. no real drama and everyone jumps right in when they can help. i am glad to be a part of it.
unlike some other groups that bring out the real A#@ holes

By the way, the first game home with C37 was 156k !!

#5670 3 years ago

make it 3 ball 5 ball rule it will be a lot better.

#5671 3 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

make it 3 ball 5 ball rule it will be a lot better.

No way... It made me feel like I'm a decent player!

#5672 3 years ago

I want a Centigrade 37 so bad. But never see them pop up on the West coast.

#5673 3 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

I want a Centigrade 37 so bad. But never see them pop up on the West coast.

you might have to ship a title like the c37. if you wait for a local one you will wait a long time

#5674 3 years ago

Many of the machines I purchase are from the north east and are shipped down here. My theory why so many machines are located up there, basements!

#5675 3 years ago
Quoted from Electrocute:

My theory why so many machines are located up there, basements!

Try boardwalks, amusement parks, and arcades.

#5676 3 years ago

That's a good argument. But still, it's hard to argue that the north east is a great place to find machines. Most were born in Chicago(not sure if that's considered north east) and there's Allentown. A great area to live if you like pinball machines.

#5677 3 years ago

Born in Chicago yes, but believe it or not quite a few even made it out to sunny So Cal. Although I will say in the 70s we were a little heavy on the mustache man out here.

#5678 3 years ago

Found this one (in a barn) as the rodents were just about to set up their insulated winter home in it. Great game! Loads of fun. Dialed it in. Plays perfectly now.

image_(resized).jpg

image_(resized).jpg

image_(resized).jpg

image_(resized).jpg

#5679 3 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

you might have to ship a title like the c37. if you wait for a local one you will wait a long time

TRUE....and I still dont see them for sale. Let me know if you find one.

#5680 3 years ago
Quoted from embryonjohn:

Found this one (in a barn)

What a great find. This is a fun game. I like this one a lot.

#5681 3 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

TRUE....and I still dont see them for sale. Let me know if you find one.

i have one pm me if interested

#5682 3 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

What a great find. This is a fun game. I like this one a lot.

Nice! I love my Jet Spin.

#5683 3 years ago

I, too, have give a thumbs up to boilerman for sending me a couple of parts.

#5684 3 years ago

Love this thread so much. Makes me appreciate my 4MBC.

But that doesn't mean I don't get jealous every time I see an Abra Ca Dabra.

#5685 3 years ago

Well that took a bit to read up to here! That's whats good about the fireplace, a bottle of wine, and a cat.

I really like the flow, chimes, and art of the EMs and so I've got some... and a EM book, dvd, friends, plus You/internet, some tools and products! But I'm just getting started in my learning.

Been reading on the proper cleaning techniques and what I'd quite appreciate is your breakdown of cleaning. Got the rings and bulbs but while we're here , clear and wax or something more?

more pics to follow, but first, True Grit in the Wild Wild West, partner.

20160217_213722_(resized).jpg
20160217_203936-1_(resized).jpg

20160217_203946-1_(resized).jpg

#5686 3 years ago

Hope this isn't too off topic but this Wild Wild West has a lot of grit on it. Pinball Rehabs guide to precleaning and removing the grit has made sense and I know there are the clean&wax videos on pinside but a question- the bulb holes and post holes in other people's cleaning pics seem to have little plugs in them. What's recommended to keep crud out of the holes while cleaning and waxing? My plan is to vacuum with a soft brush, clean the posts, plastics, dividers, and flippers with mean green, ZEP HD citrus for the playfield, magic eraser and isopropoyl alcohol for the problem areas, Pinnacle paintwork cleansing solution, canuba wax, and Krylon3 for the backglass. Anyone want to offer anything else? I don't think the inserts are too bad and I don't think I'm up to mylar or coating the playfield at this point.

20160217_213825_(resized).jpg

#5687 3 years ago
Quoted from JustageFehler:

Hope this isn't too off topic but this Wild Wild West has a lot of grit on it. Pinball Rehabs guide to precleaning and removing the grit has made sense and I know there are the clean&wax videos on pinside but a question- the bulb holes and post holes in other people's cleaning pics seem to have little plugs in them. What's recommended to keep crud out of the holes while cleaning and waxing? My plan is to vacuum with a soft brush, clean the posts, plastics, dividers, and flippers with mean green, ZEP HD citrus for the playfield, magic eraser and isopropoyl alcohol for the problem areas, Pinnacle paintwork cleansing solution, canuba wax, and Krylon3 for the backglass. Anyone want to offer anything else? I don't think the inserts are too bad and I don't think I'm up to mylar or coating the playfield at this point.

Think your set with the stuff you have. Sometimes I use goof off wipes from home depot to get off trouble areas.

Ditch the carnuba wax. Get "Collinite Fleetwax" its for boats and last pretty much forever on pinball machines.

#5688 3 years ago

DO NOT USE WATER PRODUCTS ON THE PLAYFIELD!

This is what can cause planking of the wood!

Use 91% Rubbing alcohol or higher with a magic eraser. I also use rubbing alcohol with a paper tower to get up the left over film from the Magic Eraser. You can finish up with Novus 2 and wax with a soft cloth and preferably use Johnson's Paste or Carnuba Wax which is 100% wax with no cleaners.

Ken

#5689 3 years ago
Quoted from JustageFehler:

That game's gonna clean up nice!! Please post after pics.

#5690 3 years ago

You can just wad up little balls of newspaper and stick them into the bulb sockets if you want to keep debris out of them. Use tweezers or a needlenose pliers to remove them when you're done. Ditto on the "after" photos. Cool looking pin!

#5691 3 years ago

My first EM, Just snagged it locally from Craigslist today.

DSCF2312_(resized).JPG

DSCF2311_(resized).JPG

DSCF2305_(resized).JPG

DSCF2306_(resized).JPG

#5692 3 years ago

That wild life back glass has some great art! Good pick up.

#5693 3 years ago
Quoted from monsonb:

Here are my four "players". Nothing fancy, but I love 'em. Or is it, love EM?

Nice - just found a Mars Trek myself. Played that game decades ago, loved it, and have not seen one for ages even if I live close to Spain. Until I received these pictures. This game should be home soon, and will receive the love it deserves.

IMG_6825_(resized).jpg

IMG_6826_(resized).jpg

#5694 3 years ago
Quoted from Slate:

Think your set with the stuff you have. Sometimes I use goof off wipes from home depot to get off trouble areas.
Ditch the carnuba wax. Get "Collinite Fleetwax" its for boats and last pretty much forever on pinball machines.

Collinite has carnauba wax in it. The fact that it is so durable (anecdotal) is liekly due to a high carnauba content.

#5695 3 years ago

This is my first E.M. it got me started back playing. It's a not pretty, but looks better than when I brought it home. It plays good. I'm making progress on the Sound Stage, it is counting balls and working on both players. It's time to order some coils and bands. The playfeild and plastics cleaned up real nice.

IMG_20160214_162430_(resized).jpg

#5696 3 years ago

I posted this pic in a different thread, but I'll toss it out here too. Picked this up this weekend, backbox only, but I can't find it on IPDB. Any guesses what mfgr and year this is from?

Dana

image_(resized).jpeg

#5697 3 years ago
Quoted from sysprog:

I posted this pic in a different thread

Can you post a photo of the back, or inside the back box. You are right there is no photo like this on IPDB.

#5698 3 years ago
Quoted from sysprog:

I posted this pic in a different thread, but I'll toss it out here too. Picked this up this weekend, backbox only, but I can't find it on IPDB. Any guesses what mfgr and year this is from?
Dana

image_(resized).jpeg

That's really cool. Where did you find it?

#5699 3 years ago

Is this it?

image_(resized).jpg

#5700 3 years ago

Yup, that's it. Thanks for finding it. Didn't think to look on clay's site. Here's the pics of side and back:
A friend had it as a wall hanging in a baseball themed basement..

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
$ 16.95
There are 12021 posts in this topic. You are on page 114 of 241.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside