(Topic ID: 310125)

Cactus Canyon Remake Club - New Sheriffs in Town! (with FAQs)

By jfh

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which version have you ordered and/or received?”

• Limited Edition [LE] 333 votes
    51%
  • Special Edition with Wild West topper [SE+] 104 votes
    16%
  • Special Edition [SE] 217 votes
    33%

(654 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0159.jpeg
IMG_0160.jpeg
IMG_0158.jpeg
IMG_2145 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2138 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2139 (resized).jpeg
20240415_145651 (resized).jpg
IMG_5053 (resized).jpg
IMG_5068 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20240408_083646_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408_031213_Drive (resized).jpg
AE50EDD5-0A2D-4824-883B-9B097D38C6FF (resized).jpeg
86B25964-BA83-413E-9949-4511DE3D5375 (resized).jpeg
Reward issue switches (resized).jpg
shut-up-and-take-my-money.gif

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,440 posts in this topic. You are on page 34 of 309.
#1651 2 years ago

Here’s my Chicago Gaming PF

1B14C5F4-F3B6-425D-B1B5-12C8736ED337 (resized).jpeg1B14C5F4-F3B6-425D-B1B5-12C8736ED337 (resized).jpeg
#1652 2 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Here’s my Chicago Gaming PF

Aren’t you going to be putting that in an original Cactus Canyon?

#1653 2 years ago

Delivery day is Monday for me

#1654 2 years ago
Quoted from JakePG:

Delivery day is Monday for me

Are you just getting a playfield or the whole game?

#1655 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Are you just getting a playfield or the whole game?

Hoping for the whole game

#1656 2 years ago

It has arrived!!

B290A0D3-0893-46AD-9406-03A3CE94AB92 (resized).jpegB290A0D3-0893-46AD-9406-03A3CE94AB92 (resized).jpeg
#1657 2 years ago
Quoted from Swoods5688:

It has arrived!!

Congrats!

Your info confirms the serial numbers are not in production order. (Maybe the mfg date is stamped right before boxing?)

#1658 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Congrats!
Your info confirms the serial numbers are not in production order. (Maybe the mfg date is stamped right before boxing?)

Or CGC is trying to throw you off the scent! No estimation for you!

#1659 2 years ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

LOL! Maybe! That would tricky of them!

#1660 2 years ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

Quoted from DakotaMike:

LOL! Maybe! That would tricky of them!

I certainly hope they have a few more important things to do …

#1661 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Aren’t you going to be putting that in an original Cactus Canyon?

yep, its gonna be purty

#1662 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I certainly hope they have a few more important things to do …

Ryan probably just went and shuffled the stack of stickers with the serials on them. 1 minute of time to completely foil you, lol. If that were true that would be the ultimate troll!

#1663 2 years ago

I must say i am really glad i made this purchase!! Worth the wait!! And I am loving the bryan allen translite as well!!

38918EEC-CBC0-40B4-874C-D75B640EF767 (resized).jpeg38918EEC-CBC0-40B4-874C-D75B640EF767 (resized).jpeg
#1664 2 years ago

What the hell is going on with these things in transit? I even inspected this after seeing the picture of the one with the back box that was smashed at the bottom. If I only looked a little lower. Looks like it was dropped on one side causing a stress fracture on the opposite side. The plywood pallet floor was also split.

4C95C85C-D8DA-4030-A7E1-7A5E24B4151E (resized).jpeg4C95C85C-D8DA-4030-A7E1-7A5E24B4151E (resized).jpeg8831C1C7-E4F9-444D-A6E8-4504BF119928 (resized).jpeg8831C1C7-E4F9-444D-A6E8-4504BF119928 (resized).jpeg8AB7FDA8-5FC1-46A7-90E9-F3A956FF68DC (resized).jpeg8AB7FDA8-5FC1-46A7-90E9-F3A956FF68DC (resized).jpeg
#1665 2 years ago
Quoted from Yoreland:

What the hell is going on with these things in transit? I even inspected this after seeing the picture of the one with the back box that was smashed at the bottom. If I only looked a little lower. Looks like it was dropped on one side causing a stress fracture on the opposite side. The plywood pallet floor was also split.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

FedEx as well? That is awful. Making me worried for my eventual delivery. Are you going to try to get a repair/replacement?

#1666 2 years ago

Geez what will we expect by the time they start arriving in Australia
Hoping for better deliveries for all.

#1667 2 years ago
Quoted from Yoreland:

What the hell is going on with these things in transit? I even inspected this after seeing the picture of the one with the back box that was smashed at the bottom. If I only looked a little lower. Looks like it was dropped on one side causing a stress fracture on the opposite side. The plywood pallet floor was also split.

Always sickening to see reports like this. Sorry Yoreland

Just last week it was Cache_Money and sadly there will be more with this shared frustration.

Nothing sucks the joy out of the NIB experience than a damaged game. And it’s obviously annoying for the manufacturers and distributors too. How much does the insurance/repair/replacement process increase the effective cost of every new game?

There’s always going to be some damage during shipping but it seems there have been far more reports in the last few years. This obviously isn’t unique to Chicago Gaming but it’s troubling. Only half kidding here but why don’t pins don’t have “You really don’t want to pay for this so be extra careful” stickers all over the box?

I presume most damage comes from the “last mile” delivery process. My distributor will be delivering mine directly so i hope that if I get 1 of 20 they get in a batch (for example) directly there’s slightly less risk of damage. Or maybe that’s just wishful thinking. :/

Are shipments to large distributors “safer” (i.e. packed together on larger pallets or transported differently (fewer trucks/transfers)?

#1668 2 years ago
Quoted from Swoods5688:

I must say i am really glad i made this purchase!! Worth the wait!! And I am loving the bryan allen translite as well!!
[quoted image]

How can I order the Bryan Allen translite??

#1670 2 years ago

I’ve had to edit the FAQ to gain space for new and planned material. I don’t know exactly what the Pinside post count limit is but I exceeded it again.

Credits, mods for the original, contact info and should be obvious stuff has been removed and some answers tightened up. Doug Duba’s comments on playfields have been slightly edited for space/clarity.

I plan to prioritize issues/solutions as they are found which may result in further edits. I’ll do my best to keep as much relevant and interesting info in the FAQ (or at least provide links to anything significant removed).

To all who have provided information for or contributed to the FAQ, thank you. Anyone who has suggestions please PM me. Please remember that unless explicitly noted nothing in the FAQ should be taken as official statements of Chicago Gaming Company or Planetary Pinball. I do not have an email list to notify anyone if LEs become available or when the FAQ changes.

#1671 2 years ago

Sorry to hear about the damaged games. When I got my ccr, distributor told me nationwide freight was a mess and specifically told me to not use fedex as they have had previous problems. They also suggested getting a pallet transfer for the game before it hits freight, which I did. Larger pallet gives you better protection of the game compared to a pallet that exactly fits the box. A little more money on cost of shipping, but certainly what I would do again.
I was a nervous wreck at terminal pickup watching minions on fork lifts with no space however….

#1672 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinster5000:

Sorry to hear about the damaged games. When I got my ccr, distributor told me nationwide freight was a mess and specifically told me to not use fedex as they have had previous problems. They also suggested getting a pallet transfer for the game before it hits freight, which I did. Larger pallet gives you better protection of the game compared to a pallet that exactly fits the box. A little more money on cost of shipping, but certainly what I would do again.
I was a nervous wreck at terminal pickup watching minions on fork lifts with no space however….

Our local FedEx has had such a hard time finding/keeping employees - they are literally hiring people with no more than a background check - no interview, no prior experience, nothing. Including for jobs including using lift trucks and they do the on-the-job training for that shortly after the person starts. I can't imagine these types have much regard for the items they are handling/moving.

#1673 2 years ago

For what it's worth, my game arrived FedEx Freight, and without damage.

So it sounds like it's a crapshoot. My distro told me that they have had a lot of shipping issues across the board from all the carriers.

Also, I'll note that FedEx was great with communication and they were flexible with the drop-off time. So at least in my case, I was happy with them.

#1674 2 years ago

Calling all Sheriffs in Cleveland, Ohio. Cactus Canyon arrived yesterday at Southland Lanes. It plays like a dream.

69F91581-120A-40AE-A718-A7F12019C77A (resized).jpeg69F91581-120A-40AE-A718-A7F12019C77A (resized).jpeg70AD3EC8-A5FD-46FA-858A-69FCB40C0432 (resized).jpeg70AD3EC8-A5FD-46FA-858A-69FCB40C0432 (resized).jpeg
#1675 2 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

For what it's worth, my game arrived FedEx Freight, and without damage.
So it sounds like it's a crapshoot. My distro told me that they have had a lot of shipping issues across the board from all the carriers.
Also, I'll note that FedEx was great with communication and they were flexible with the drop-off time. So at least in my case, I was happy with them.

I have had a lot of great FedEx deliveries. I only had to refuse one and that was a couple weeks ago. Fork went through the cabinet underside.

E715F4C6-BF30-4085-88AA-B5451B841886 (resized).jpegE715F4C6-BF30-4085-88AA-B5451B841886 (resized).jpeg
#1676 2 years ago
Quoted from Swoods5688:

[quoted image]

Looks awesome!
How does the translite look lite up? And was it easy to switch out?

#1677 2 years ago
Quoted from kapaun:

FedEx as well? That is awful. Making me worried for my eventual delivery. Are you going to try to get a repair/replacement?

I picked it up personally from the distributor. There was a punch-through on the upper right front of the box that didn't contact the machine. The boxing was unconventional due to the cardboard issues. It was boxed like a plastic easter egg, Top half slid down over bottom half. Removed top half and checked with my hands down below to feel for any damage. Goes to show that you really need to de-box the whole thing to be sure. I glued and clamped it. Fortunately the fix is not visible with the game set up.

IMG-1170 (resized).jpgIMG-1170 (resized).jpgIMG-1178 (resized).jpgIMG-1178 (resized).jpg
#1678 2 years ago

Anyone try to Cliffy their CC yet? I’m wondering if the cliffys work and fit the new drop target clearances. Ty

#1679 2 years ago

Most important thing about this game: My wife really likes it! I surprised her with the game theme, name etc and she was very happy. It is very family friendly. Very entertaining ….. an overlooked quality sometimes. Too many “band” and movie themes are great players for pinheads, but this game has a real inviting feel for everyone. Even the backglass says “Cmon in pardner!”. Very happy with my first NIB pin. Thanks CGC.

#1680 2 years ago
Quoted from Triplecdad:

Most important thing about this game: My wife really likes it! I surprised her with the game theme, name etc and she was very happy. It is very family friendly. Very entertaining ….. an overlooked quality sometimes … this game has a real inviting feel for everyone. Even the backglass says “Cmon in pardner!”. Very happy with my first NIB pin. Thanks CGC.

Congrats on a great choice. I think the things you mention will contribute to Cactus Canyon being a sleeper hit. Too many people obsess over wanting every game to have code so deep they’ll never see it all and just forget pinball is first and foremost about fun.

#1681 2 years ago

Is there a way to evaluate damage with out unboxing these?

#1682 2 years ago

The psychic network offers those services. I don't think that is possible, even with the tip indicator. I will have a tightened sphincter as I unbox mine.

Quoted from JohnTTwo:

#1683 2 years ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Why? There isn’t any benefit to you in doing so. Unbox and inspect the game before you sign if you have any concerns.

#1684 2 years ago
Quoted from Jhiggins623:

Anyone try to Cliffy their CC yet? I’m wondering if the cliffys work and fit the new drop target clearances.

As of April 15th, Cliff stated that he was still "waiting on some guys to get their CC remakes and test [his] protectors on it" to determine if all pieces from the original fit the Remake or whether tweaks in the design for any pieces will be needed. My source for this is Cliff himself as I emailed him about ordering Cliffys for my CCr. Given that the CC kit is still being tested on CCr, I am going to wait until Cliff can confirm proper fitment from his "field testers" before ordering.

#1685 2 years ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Have it xrayed

LTG : )

#1686 2 years ago
Quoted from TooMetal:

Calling all Sheriffs in Cleveland, Ohio. Cactus Canyon arrived yesterday at Southland Lanes. It plays like a dream.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Best place to play pinball in Northeast Ohio

#1687 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Why? There isn’t any benefit to you in doing so. Unbox and inspect the game before you sign if you have any concerns.

Yep that’s my plan if home.

Thanks

#1688 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Have it xrayed

Brilliant idea. Where at? By who? What’s the usual cost?

#1689 2 years ago

Would someone be willing to measure the width of the backbox at its widest point for me? Thank you

#1690 2 years ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

They probably charge by the pound. Lol

#1691 2 years ago

EZ-Rhino
Yeah I saw that in the FAQ. Just thought maybe someone tried it already.

#1692 2 years ago
Quoted from sizzler747:

They probably charge by the pound. Lol

No kidding best advice given on pinside

#1693 2 years ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Put it in a huge semi trailer and cross into Canada. Act real suspicious at the border. They'll likely xray the whole truck for free. No charge, unless they find something you can't bring into Canada.

#1694 2 years ago

Nice game play video.

#1695 2 years ago

All these posts in one day a way thought they finally got Richard his game

#1696 2 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Lol, not yet!

#1697 2 years ago
Quoted from EZ-Rhino:

As of April 15th, Cliff stated that he was still "waiting on some guys to get their CC remakes and test [his] protectors on it" to determine if all pieces from the original fit the Remake or whether tweaks in the design for any pieces will be needed. My source for this is Cliff himself as I emailed him about ordering Cliffys for my CCr. Given that the CC kit is still being tested on CCr, I am going to wait until Cliff can confirm proper fitment from his "field testers" before ordering.

I know Cliff well as he lives close to me. I'm happy to be his test case, but I probably won't get my game for another 6-9 months (LE)

#1698 2 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

The day Richard gets his game will be an official holiday in Cactus Canyon.

#1699 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

The day Richard gets his game will be an official holiday in Cactus Canyon.

And Canada!

#1700 2 years ago

How do we know Cactus Canyon isn’t IN Canada?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bristol, CT
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 210.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 15,440 posts in this topic. You are on page 34 of 309.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-remake-club-new-sheriffs-in-town/page/34 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.