(Topic ID: 310125)

Cactus Canyon Remake Club - New Sheriffs in Town! (with FAQs)

By jfh

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,405 posts
  • 755 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 hours ago by Fireball3
  • Topic is favorited by 384 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which version have you ordered and/or received?”

• Limited Edition [LE] 333 votes
    51%
  • Special Edition with Wild West topper [SE+] 103 votes
    16%
  • Special Edition [SE] 217 votes
    33%

(653 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240415_145651 (resized).jpg
IMG_5053 (resized).jpg
IMG_5068 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20240408_083646_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408_031213_Drive (resized).jpg
AE50EDD5-0A2D-4824-883B-9B097D38C6FF (resized).jpeg
86B25964-BA83-413E-9949-4511DE3D5375 (resized).jpeg
Reward issue switches (resized).jpg
shut-up-and-take-my-money.gif
Screenshot_20240324_221804_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1816 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240324-141652 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240308_213009_Chrome (resized).jpg
EC303592-D7CC-41EA-874F-1A7CEE1ECEA6 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0547 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Cactus Canyon Remake FAQ (Part 1) Game Information Posted by jfh (2 years ago)

Post #836 Demonstration videos of Topper Shootout mode Posted by jfh (2 years ago)

Post #3286 Leg crimp fix Posted by PM_Jeremy (1 year ago)

Post #9030 Trough fix Posted by PM_Jeremy (1 year ago)

Post #9386 John Youssi’s initial idea sketch for the playfield art Posted by jtaudio (1 year ago)

Post #9938 Game play stream of LE with topper (dedicated topper cam) Posted by joelbob (1 year ago)

Post #10737 Sensor Trouble shooting guide Posted by jfh (1 year ago)

Post #11888 Adjusting inlane guides to minimize ball hop Posted by alveolus (11 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dakotamike.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#52 2 years ago

Following. Have an SE on order for our local Pinball Room.

1 month later
#554 2 years ago

Just paid my invoice from PinballStar. Looks like it shouldn't be long now!

#561 2 years ago
Quoted from Deadpool66:

When did you order im hoping my name comes up soon.

Well, it's a location game, so that's why it's one of the early ones. It'll be available to play 7-days-a-week at The Pinball Room in Bosses Pizza in Sioux Falls.

2 weeks later
#1043 2 years ago
Quoted from kapaun:

As a new home-use buyer the pinball sales model is intimidating and frankly feels very outdated. I pre-ordered an SE on day one and am still waiting, but have had other distributors I displayed interest with pinging me about SEs ready to ship immediately. I knew this was likely going in so thankfully I'm not terribly frustrated but it sure does make the impatience that much worse.
I can and do choose to avoid buying cars like this. There are lots of other toys/experiences out there that are make spending close to $10k much easier.

I guess the solution would just be to buy what's in stock, or at least about to ship.

#1259 2 years ago

While I understand and appreciate the intent of having the FAQ...it takes up just as much thread-space to say "Check the FAQ" as it does to actually answer the question.

So I'm not sure if it's really de-cluttering the thread or not. My suggestion would be to point any question-askers to the FAQ, while also still answering their questions.

#1346 2 years ago

Cactus Canyon #1446 is setup and ready for play at The Pinball Room in Sioux Falls!

No issues out of the box, working well and hella fun. I've only ever played the digital version of this game, so it's neat to finally play the real thing. The Bart sculpt and paintjob is really nice. It's so nice, I almost feel bad smashing a ball into it!

20220413_144009 (resized).jpg20220413_144009 (resized).jpg
#1350 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

For those that have their game:
What is the format of the serial number on the back? A pic would help too.
Is there a similar sticker on the inside of the cabinet?
The numbers on the shipping carton have been in the format 1xxx - I’m guessing that’s only a partial number?
Also - is that carton number less than 1251 for anyone so far?
Anyone have a mfg date earlier than February 24, 2022?
Thanks!

Only number I saw on the box or game was the serial #. All of them said 1446 on mine. No extra zeros or anything, but sometimes it was listed with a CC on front. The mfg date on the back of mine was Mar 31st.

I found a serial # on the box, on the back of the game with the mfg date, and also on the back of the bill-acceptor cutout plate. Never seen one located there before, noticed it when I installed the DBA today. If there were any numbers anywhere else, I didn't notice them.

Here's the cutout plate. Game isn't with me, so can't get any other pics.

20220413_180238 (resized).jpg20220413_180238 (resized).jpg
#1410 2 years ago

Got the train tracks and art blades installed today. I'm very happy with both of them.

I did go ahead and paint up the tracks before installing them. Luckily, I do boardgaming and miniature wargaming on the side, so I'm pretty comfortable with a paint brush at this scale.

I have to agree with others, these art blades from Brian Allen are very high quality. They reposition pretty easily, and are made from nice material. I found them a fair bit easier to install than some other blades I've bought.

Also, I haven't seen it mentioned, but the Brian Allen art blades really brighten up the game. The blue sky and bright colors lighten the game up considerably compared to the black side-panels that come stock.

20220415_123845 (resized).jpg20220415_123845 (resized).jpg20220415_123857 (resized).jpg20220415_123857 (resized).jpg20220415_123904 (resized).jpg20220415_123904 (resized).jpg

#1416 2 years ago
Quoted from Richard-NBA-SF2:

Looks great! What colour paint did you choose?
Richard

I did a dark brown for the ties, and gunmetal metallic gray for the tracks. All the wooden railroad ties that I've seen in real life, or found pictures of online, were a dark brown. So that's why I went with that color.

I spray-primed gray prior to painting, and then sealed with a matte varnish when I was done. I would have probably primed in black, but I was out of black spray primer. So I just did gray instead.

#1420 2 years ago
Quoted from Cache_Money:

I need help. My machine was delivered today and box was perfectly fine. I tossed the box. My friends showed up and I started to prep. I realized that it looks like the strap down the middle may have been set too tight and displaces the board under the back piece. Not sure I can return it now. Any advice?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That sucks!

Looks potentially fixable with some wood glue. There aren't actually many components in yhe backbox of CGC games, most stuff is under the pf. My worry would be if the game suffered a big drop or something to cause that damage.

#1439 2 years ago
Quoted from EZ-Rhino:

Which install method did you use-- "dry" or "wet." It sounds like if you can reposition them fairly easily "dry" then wet method isn't necessary... What is your personal opinion? Thanks!

I just put em on dry. Positioned them initially, and lightly tapped on the top just enough so they'd hold. Then I stood back and checked the positioning, before pulling them up and adjusting a few times until they were exactly where I wanted them. Then pressed down and smoothed out with a cloth.

Turned out great, and didn't take long at all to do. I've had some side blades that were super sticky and thin, and they did not pull up very easily for adjustment.

#1453 2 years ago
Quoted from red_rabbit:

btw, what did you do with the extra small CC decal that came with the art blades? Just curious for a good place for it...
Cheers,

Haven't figured out what to do with it yet! Still deciding.

#1476 2 years ago
Quoted from Paul_from_Gilroy:

The vertical drop theory makes sense. Anyone know why pinball companies don't affix a shock indicator on the shipping box (so the recipient can instantly see if the shipment was mishandled)?

I thought one of the companies did. Maybe Spooky?

#1479 2 years ago

Yeah, I didn't want to say it, but I agree. For one thing, they look way oversized.

#1530 2 years ago
Quoted from Deadpool66:

What does everyone use to move their games? I’m gonna need to haul mine around the back of the house to the walkout prefer to keep it on the pallet until it’s inside.

Moving a heavy game on a big pallet it pretty tough, unless you have a pallet-jack. And even then, going over grass would be next to impossible. Whenever I get a NIB game, I always just unbox on my driveway, or in my garage, and then move just the cabinet portion on a 2-wheel dolly, or appliance cart. As long as the grass isn't wet or muddy, then moving just the pin with a dolly pretty doable. No reason you would need to keep the game on the pallet.

#1557 2 years ago

So, I'm also having issues with my bad-guy drop targets. Game has about 250 plays, and recently the leftmost drop doesn't always want to stay up. Loosening up the return-spring tension, has fixed the issue, but I'm worried it might only be a temporary fix. I've got a ticket in, and I'll let you guys know what happens. I know at least one other owner has posted about this problem, so maybe this is a teething issue that CGC will work out moving forward.

I suspect at least part of the issue is that the pf cutouts for the drops are much smaller on the Remake than on the original. The hole is basically only just big enough to allow the drop target to push through, and so that doesn't allow the drop target to move very much at all. Since on the remake the target has almost no front-to-back movement, or "give" so to speak, that might require CGC to set the drops up with much tighter tolerances than on the original. Making for more finicky adjustments to get it operating smoothly.

This is only speculation of course. But Butch made a point of mentioning how CGC had redesigned the drop targets, and how much smaller the drop openings were. So perhaps a point-of-failure was introduced.

-----------------------------
Also, on another note, our locals are playing the crap out of my Cactus Canyon. Over 200 plays in less than a week. I'm sure the shine will wear off, but this has been one of my best earning games to date.

#1558 2 years ago
Quoted from AJC3030:

Going with this for a shooter rod
[quoted image]

Honestly, the factory shooter rod is pretty nice. It's not your typical plunger, and instead has a nice hefty ball on the end, that feels pretty nice to plunge. I personally wouldn't change it. It's much nice than the standard Stern or JJP shooter rod.

#1615 1 year ago
Quoted from Zukidog:

Thanks. I tried rewatching it the other day and noticed the same. Wanted to see the clip about the single drops redesign.

Yeah, me too. Particularly since a couple of my drops have been slightly troublesome!

#1645 1 year ago

So quick recap and update to my Drop Target issue:

When my left "Bad Guy" drops started not reliably staying upright, I loosened the return-spring tension on both of them. This solved the issue, but left me with stretched-out return springs. This solution held for about 75 or so plays, until I could get back to the location with some replacement springs.

Today, I replaced the stretched-out springs with a couple of leftover flipper-return springs from an old rebuild kit. These springs are quite a bit "stretchier" than the ones that are factory installed by CGC. With these replacement springs, the left drops are now both working even better than before.

So I would definitely echo the FAQ, and say that if you have any drops not staying up when they should, go ahead and replace the springs with weaker / stretchier ones. In the case of my game, the two left drops needed replacement springs, while the two right drops have been fine with the factory springs. And what's strange is that all 4 drop-targets appear to be mounted identically in their openings. There's no discernable difference between any of them.

All 4 drops look like this from above. Including the ones that haven't had any issues.

20220419_185826 (resized).jpg20220419_185826 (resized).jpg

I'll also add, the springs are really easy to replace compared to a lot of drop targets that I've seen. They slide on and off easily on from both attachment points, and they are not hard to reach.

#1659 1 year ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

Or CGC is trying to throw you off the scent! No estimation for you!

LOL! Maybe! That would tricky of them!

#1673 1 year ago

For what it's worth, my game arrived FedEx Freight, and without damage.

So it sounds like it's a crapshoot. My distro told me that they have had a lot of shipping issues across the board from all the carriers.

Also, I'll note that FedEx was great with communication and they were flexible with the drop-off time. So at least in my case, I was happy with them.

#1714 1 year ago
Quoted from TheCapn:

This happened during a multiball tonight...
[quoted image]

That's a crazy one.

Quoted from bballfan:

I ended up putting this black rubber on the left of Bart to eliminate that ball hang up.
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/23-6828

CCr comes with a black rubber in that spot from the factory. So that's covered all ready.

Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Interesting. My machine just has the bare post as well. And hopefully CGC releases an official fix for balls getting hung up to the left of Barts head. Yes, ball search clears it, but it happens far too often.

Hmm, I wonder if it depends on pitch and dot placement? I've only had it get stuck next to Bart a few times. Not nearly every game or anything. But as you said, at least ball search clears it.

#1775 1 year ago
Quoted from polishedball:

I did not see this ball trap on the faq. This has happened in at least half the games I have played. Bart kicks the ball back into play and it bounces / stops here. Angle of playfield is correct.
Thanks
[quoted image]

Hmm, must be some variance from game to game. I've personally played about 50 games on mine so far, and never had one stuck there. Just 2 or 3 times on the left (from the player's perspective), and basically only from a wild ball. Got about 500 plays on the game total, and haven't heard reports from players of consistent stuck balls either. Luckily, Bart wobbles on a ball search, and always frees the ball on mine. But if it was happening every game, that would still be mighty annoying.

Quoted from polishedball:

So what kind of angle to you have your CCr setup on? I am wondering if it is the more extreme 8degrees I have mine at that causes the ball park to the right of bart. I just put a glass support button there and no more issues.

My game is angled at about 6.7/6.8 degrees. As measured with a proper inclinometer. Feels pretty good when I play. Haven't tried a steeper angle.

#1787 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Doesn’t the game have a “Install 4 balls” sticker under the lockbar?

Yes, it does. As pretty much all games do since the 90s.

#1808 1 year ago
Quoted from alveolus:

Can Pinstadiums be synced to the dynamic GI lighting? If not it seems like they would merely dilute the contrast, unless you’re going with a single color G.I.

For what it's worth, I think the factory lighting is pretty good on Cactus Canyon Remake. Our local arcade is very dark, and I don't have any trouble seeing the ball during normal play. Only times I have any difficulty spotting the ball are for very brief moments when the lighting color-shifts for a mode or special event, such as Shootout. Otherwise, the lighting is pretty good. Much better than JJP games like Wonka.

#1843 1 year ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Does the SE have a real knocker?</blockquo

I’m kinda surprised there hasn’t been any discussion about this interview. Perhaps because they do not cover much new ground. They did state a little more directly than I recall that they were definitely using parts of CCC. The Polly Peril discussion was new (to me, at least) and very interesting even though much of what was discussed is already in the enhanced code. I’m curious to see if/how much further they develop those modes.
Still, listening to it just make me all the more excited (and a little sad) to be in on the game. ILWT

Yeah, I listened to it today. I never really played the original Cactus Canyon and so I didn't realize how much CGC all ready enhanced the code. Seems like the current CGC enhanced code and the upcoming Lyman/Sharpe code might overlap a bit. At least in theory, if not actual execution.

#1970 1 year ago
Quoted from pch3727:

Ran into my first issue in about 300 plays. The second to the left bad guy drop target registers as a hit immediately when it activates even if it is not the last one in the gun fight mode. Essentially making gun fight successful every time no matter what. Looked under the playfield and nothing seems out of place. When I start the game it says to check bottom jet switch 55. Not sure if this is related or not. I can’t see anything that is causing the issue. Any ideas?

There is a special Drop Target test in the service menu. I would start there. The test will go through each drop, raising and lowering them all, and it will show if all the position switches are working.

#2050 1 year ago
Quoted from Jon9508:

Mine came into day. Number 1588. Looks like I will be putting in a ticket. My right drop target won't stay up. Spent 2 hours pulling it and taking it apart. Didn't have any luck.

Quoted from loneranger:

Same here. You'd think a drop target would be an easy fix but it isn't.

Did you try loosening the return spring, or better yet replacing it entirely, per the faq? If you have a spare spring on-hand, then it's a 5 min fix. Changing the spring is very easy, and reversible.

Also, if you do try to stretch the spring that is all ready there, be careful, the factory spring deforms VERY easily.

Either way, that solved my drop target issue, and the issues of other owners as well. So it's worth trying if you haven't all ready.

CGC has been made aware of this problem, and the potential fix, for at least 3 weeks now. Possibly longer. So hopefully, they'll make an adjustment at the factory level soon.

#2051 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinless:

Have the delivery day/time estimates been pretty accurate?
My fear is that I’ll get a call while I’m at work that it has shown up and I won’t have a chance to inspect it before signing.

Whenever any NIB pinball has ever been delivered to me, the driver or their dispatcher called me at least 24 hrs beforehand.

They won't normally show up without confirming, since it's high value and they need a signature. There are exceptions and horror stories of course, but typically you will get a call. And they'll often work with you, at least to a point, on delivery date and time. At least in my experience.

The driver will usually be happy to call you 30 mons prior as well. If you won't be around the whole day. The drivers don't want to waste any more of their time on load/off-load then they have to. And no one being home is a big waste of their time.

#2108 1 year ago
Quoted from TeamUp:

Now the target in front of the mine sometimes has to be hit twice to go down and the ccr at the bar had the same target doing that also.

Yeah, my drops don't always go down on a fast, hard shot. But they always drop fine on softer hits, or on angled shots. This seems to be a common problem with drop targets across eras and companies. Drops that are close to the flipper, and/or that are hit dead square-on, can bounce back and re-latch before being pulled down past the shelf. I've had this happen with the Scoleri Bros. targets on Ghostbusters, and with the upper-pf drops on the original 1980 Black Knight.

Only way I know to help, is to put on a stronger spring, but then you run into problems with the target latching properly. At least with CCr anyway. So sorta damned if you do, damned if you don't

I usually don't mind this problem too much, because it makes the games harder, and forces you to try and angle your shot to the side of the target, instead of dead center.

2 weeks later
#2470 1 year ago
Quoted from polishedball:Not referring to the weld discolor, but rusting posts should be expected on a new game? I guess my expectations of new are different than yours.

Well, a bit of rust would be in keeping with the theme!

#2559 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

The industry and customer base is far greater than the Pinside universe. We are really a different breed here.
Unfortunately when manufacturers do give us more info and something gets delayed they tend to get slammed so they may see it as a no-win situation. That is frustrating for the reasonable people here, especially those with orders in.

You say the industry is greater than Pinside, and that's true, but we are the largest single grouping. Based off available data, Pinside members represent at least 25 percent of the buyers/owners. Take Godzilla LE, over 400 pinsiders have it listed in their collections, out of 1000 total produced.

Now if we assume LE buyers are somewhat more likely to be on Pinside than other buyers, then 25 percent of all buyers being on Pinside seems perfectly reasonable.

So Pinside is a large portion of the Pinball audience for sure.

#2635 1 year ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Sure was a lot of notes on the marksman mode about shooting a cactus in the wind. I hope there is a lot more to the upgraded code than just that. Where is some of the continued code?

Yeah, I wondered about this too. There's all ready a marksman mode in the current CGC code. Where if you hit the main shot, you blow up the Cactus, but if you hit a left or right lit-shot, then you just blow off some of the side branches/stalks. So I'm not sure how the Lyman version will be different, as what Butch talks about sounds an awful lot like what's all ready in the game.

1 week later
#2783 1 year ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Wait, what?
TZ, TAF, ToM, CV, TOTAN
I count 5 remakes there!

But not many left that wouldn't require expensive licensing, or whose original versions are expensive enough on the secondary market to warrant a rerun.

#2902 1 year ago

My Cactus Canyon SE is for sale, in case anyone was looking for one. Loaded up with all the best mods and alternate Brian Allen backglass. Was planning on keeping it longer, as I'm still enjoying it a lot, but needs must.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/136846

1 week later
#3149 1 year ago
Quoted from RA77:

No more wax for my pinball machines ever.
Wax is for cars, not pinball imho.
Wax will eventually slow the ball down and make more crud on the playfield.
I stopped waxing my playfields a few years ago and stick with Novus 1 for playfield cleaning.
Best decision I ever made for modern playfields.

Agree, I hate wax on modern games myself.

#3218 1 year ago
Quoted from AJC3030:

Yea my game has basically been unplayable for a month , I've had a ticket in since June 1st. I'm to the point where I just wanna sell the game. I wish I could just talk to someone on the phone to solve whatever the issue might be

PM sent.

#3275 1 year ago

Finally!

20220628_153540 (resized).jpg20220628_153540 (resized).jpg

Took me 3 Gold Mine MBs to get a Motherload Jackpot. Had to really grind to start it a 3rd time. I was so relieved when I finally got one.

Felt good to qualify High Noon and actually hit the mine scoop to start it. I drained after lighting it and thought I was game over, but it was only Ball 2! I was fortunate enough to hit the mine straight from the Ball 3 plunge. Whew!

#3301 1 year ago
Quoted from vikeking27:

On my game, the mine VUK will only kick the ball out to the pops about 1 out of every 4 or 5 times - is this the expected behavior? Or is it supposed to go into the pops every time? Sometimes it’s a benefit if it skips the pops if you’re in a timed mode, otherwise it’s not great when it does. I haven’t really diagnosed it in-depth at this point, just curious.

Uh, I've never specifically kept track. But on mine the ball usually always hits the pops at least a couple times before dropping down the orbit. Not sure if it's everytime or not, but definitely most times.

#3350 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

1. Since CGC re-sculpted Bart anyhow, why not mold some shoulders onto his bust to eliminate hangups entirely? A rubber sticker isn’t a fix. It’s a temporary solution to a problem needing to be solved.
2. How was this not addressed after the play testing and evaluation process?
3. Leg fitment, rusty standoffs, audio level issues... quality control has me concerned.

Quoted from locustgrovepin:

Other than the leg fitment, I haven’t had any of these issues. Maybe they made corrections in later builds? I have a May 23 build date.

My Cactus is a Mar 31st build and I've never had any ball hangups. So I don't think it's a date thing.

Not sure why some people are having so many stuck balls. I guess small vagaries in the assembly process maybe?

#3371 1 year ago
Quoted from Ripper:

What are people's thoughts on values?
Like, it's great that CCR is a thing because it makes it more accessible, but the original will always be the original. I think I would rather have a minty original than the remake.
Just curious on opinions?

Quoted from MaxIsDead:

I like everything they did to make the game more awesome. The color changing GI, the custom sculpts. The larger screen. Plus new code coming that will only run on CCr

Don't forget that the current CGC code has also been updated with Bionic Bart, the Polly Falls and Bank modes, and some other quality of life code improvements.

Those code improvements alone would be worth having the remake versus the original. Let alone the other remake upgrades.

#3381 1 year ago
Quoted from jdlang11:

Quick question. Would anybody purchase a new car with bubbles in the paint? Or with a motor that made a ticking sound?

Oh no, let's please not go to the carguments. Not the same thing at all.

#3546 1 year ago

So, I think I might have encountered a code bug.

Was playing today, and had Gold Mine MB going during Bionic Bart. I cleared all the MB jackpots, and the mine scoop lit up and did it's up and down thing to signal that Motherload was ready to be collected.

I happened to make the last shot to defeat Bionic Bart right about the same time that I made the motherload shot. Instead of awarding me motherload, it just counted as a regular jackpot. And it didn't light the Motherload star point.

Was a bummer because it still reset the jackpots, and I had to try to recollect them to qualify motherload again. And I ended up being just a motherload short of High Noon that game.

Super weird. But maybe it was a timing thing where defeating Bionic Bart overroad the Motherload?

#3587 1 year ago

I have an early build game, and I can confirm that I have some decal damage due to the legs.

20220706_123432 (resized).jpg20220706_123432 (resized).jpg

Luckily, it only seems to be on the front-left leg. The decals are damage-free on the other 3 corners. So maybe I only got one "bad" leg in the bunch? I have a late-March build. Maybe more and more legs were defective as time went on?

One thing to note, my game is currently up to 1500 plays. So it's possible that more owners have defective legs/brackets, but they simply haven't put enough games on their Cactus for the damage to show? As I'd imagine the shaking and movement of playing would increase the effect of legs that are too tight onto the cabinet.

I count myself lucky, since the damage is almost entirely hidden by the leg itself.

20220706_114524 (resized).jpg20220706_114524 (resized).jpg

Just a small wrinkle is visible with the leg on. And for the most part, it doesn't seem to be getting worse.

#3667 1 year ago
Quoted from RA77:

Unfortunate situation and thanks for sharing.
HEP screw idea and plastic protectors are definitely a no go.
If plastic protectors are being used it is very important that they be installed square against the cabinet.
Be careful with washers, consider performing regular checks, as they may allow for too much play, leg movement particularly for heavy nudgers.
I still think that the thicker Mantis style protector is the go.
Guessing that there is no patent on these ? and they could be mass produced on the cheap.
Economical solution to B//W leg design flaw.
The original B/W legs are always going to be too tight to the cab.

Was looking at the leg standoffs on my Rush, and the ones Stern uses are much thicker than the standoffs on Cactus. They're plastic and a lot thicker than the metal standoffs that CGC is using.

#3688 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Really? The stern ones are really flimsy - I can't imagine them being thicker by significant amounts than the mantis metal protectors.

Not sure, haven't seen a mantis protector in person. But the metal protectors / spacers that CGC is using are very thin, much thinner than the plastic spacers that Stern is using.

#3771 1 year ago
Quoted from crazypinballguy:

Not a big issue, but only 80 games played and there's a already a rubber ready to break.
Not really sure what would have caused the gash in the middle of it. Are my flipper shots really that powerful?
We love playing this pin, it's alot of fun.
[quoted image]

Have 1500 plays on my CCr, and no broken rubber anywhere. Just bad luck for you, unfortunately.

#3776 1 year ago
Quoted from PM_Jeremy:

1500 Nice! Any unusual issues or areas of wear to look out for?

Yeah, my Cactus Canyon was on location and pretty popular. After all those plays, it still basically looked just like it came out of the box. No pf wear, no broken/chipped anything, no dimples, ect. It held up very well.

#3777 1 year ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I decided not to thoroughly scan the FAQ. But I am just curious, this is not a problem I need to fix to, just wondering if anyone ever had a ball stuck here before? I can’t recall on any game me ever getting a ball flying up and getting stuck on the apron.
[quoted image]

I had one stuck on top of the mine, almost like it was made to hold the ball there. But never on the apron.

#3793 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I've had a few drop target direct hits that sdtm without dropping target. Are you tightening or loosening spring to solve? Luckily, never had a pinball up on the apron.

Drops targets that won't stay up, can be helped with a weaker/looser spring.

Drop targets that won't drop, can be helped by stiffer/stronger springs.

But that being said, it's common for drop targets to not drop from a hard, fast, direct shot. I've seen it on 1980s Williams games, and on 2010's Stern games. To a certain point, it's kind of just a part of how they're designed.

Slow hits, and hits to the edges or sides of a drop will usually make the target drop perfectly. Sort of have to play around it to a point.

1 week later
#4143 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinster5000:

I’m a little surprised how much I’ve had to solder on this game for being brand new. Multiple connections have had to be fixed on mine, the switch for the flipper underneath wasn’t done very well in the 1st place. I know there is maintenance with any game, but having connections break before even 300 total games is a little concerning.

Bad luck I guess. I had 1500 plays on my Cactus and never needed to solder even one connection anywhere.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Richmond, VA
$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Tulsa, OK
$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

6,999 (OBO)
$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 210.00
$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Cabinet - Other
Jorge’s Arcade Mods

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 39.95
Hardware
RavSpec

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dakotamike.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-remake-club-new-sheriffs-in-town?tu=dakotamike and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.