(Topic ID: 310125)

Cactus Canyon Remake Club - New Sheriffs in Town! (with FAQs)

By jfh

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,405 posts
  • 755 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 hours ago by Fireball3
  • Topic is favorited by 384 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which version have you ordered and/or received?”

• Limited Edition [LE] 333 votes
    51%
  • Special Edition with Wild West topper [SE+] 103 votes
    16%
  • Special Edition [SE] 217 votes
    33%

(653 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240415_145651 (resized).jpg
IMG_5053 (resized).jpg
IMG_5068 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20240408_083646_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408_031213_Drive (resized).jpg
AE50EDD5-0A2D-4824-883B-9B097D38C6FF (resized).jpeg
86B25964-BA83-413E-9949-4511DE3D5375 (resized).jpeg
Reward issue switches (resized).jpg
shut-up-and-take-my-money.gif
Screenshot_20240324_221804_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1816 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240324-141652 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240308_213009_Chrome (resized).jpg
EC303592-D7CC-41EA-874F-1A7CEE1ECEA6 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0547 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Cactus Canyon Remake FAQ (Part 1) Game Information Posted by jfh (2 years ago)

Post #836 Demonstration videos of Topper Shootout mode Posted by jfh (2 years ago)

Post #3286 Leg crimp fix Posted by PM_Jeremy (1 year ago)

Post #9030 Trough fix Posted by PM_Jeremy (1 year ago)

Post #9386 John Youssi’s initial idea sketch for the playfield art Posted by jtaudio (1 year ago)

Post #9938 Game play stream of LE with topper (dedicated topper cam) Posted by joelbob (1 year ago)

Post #10737 Sensor Trouble shooting guide Posted by jfh (1 year ago)

Post #11888 Adjusting inlane guides to minimize ball hop Posted by alveolus (11 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sizzler747.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#305 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

For those that have prior CGC games - how are the pinballs that ship with them?
I’m used to the junk balls Stern ships and just replace them out of the gate.

I don't care for them. I install Ninja Pinballs from day 1.

#364 2 years ago
Quoted from Richard-NBA-SF2:

I assume so? I just found him randomly on Facebook market place. In Canada. New Brunswick.
He posted a add with sports teams signs. He has a cnc machine and then uses paint and epoxy. I sent him the CGC logo from their webpage. This is what he came up with.
This sign looks amazing.
I could pass his info along if you like.
Richard

I would totally buy one of those!

#377 2 years ago

I just spoke with him, he said to contact him via FB messenger.
If you don’t have that he said for me to reach out to him for his phone or email.
Cheers!
Richard
[quoted image]

Do you remember what the cost was on that?

#395 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Is there a hole/cover on top of the head (for the topper wires) or is it solid?
Wondering if the heads for the SEs are different than the LE/SE+ games.

Post #336 shows its capped. They use the same back box for all the models. More efficient that way. They did the same thing for my MMRSE. The holes were already there, they just cap them so I didn't need to drill new holes for the king of payne topper.

1 week later
#604 2 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Is this the sold out print?
[quoted image]

The website says it's still in stock. So I'm not sure.

#606 2 years ago
Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

Sold Out per the site
[quoted image]

Screenshot_20220321-152118_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220321-152118_Chrome (resized).jpg
#681 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballGalore:

Hope we all get a key fob unlike monster bash where only about 5 people happened to find one waiting in their goodie bag.

A key fob would be nice. When I received my MMRSE the goodie bag didn't have any goodies in it.

#708 2 years ago
Quoted from polishedball:

only disappointment is it appears to be thinner than the OEM wpc-95 and the channels trim pieces do not lock on they fall right off.

Does the trim fall off even with the light tub attached to it?

#733 2 years ago

WOW! Thats how you do a seminar. Very informative! Lots of pictures and information. Well done Chicago Gaming!

#764 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

Not sure it this was asked, but I think I have read here that cc forced cgc to rethink their computer system… wondering If this will be incorporated in future runs of afm and mm?

That question was already asked at an earlier pinball show and they said no.

#779 2 years ago
Quoted from plowpusher:

who is making the playfields on this game

Chicago Gaming makes all of their own playfields.

#815 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

has there been a poll here somewhere?
What is the general consensus here, wondering what is selling more, SE or SE+?

Need to pick one and would be curious to know if the topper will have a significant impact in the next code, my guess is yes...
From a resale point of view, in the future, the Se+ might be easier to sell too? no?

Definitely from a resale point of view the SE+ will hold a higher resale value than the standard SE. To me it would be a no brainer purchasing the SE+ over the standard SE.

#839 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Here are two short videos showing how the shootout mode is played on the interactive topper on the LE and the SE+
"
href=" "
I got a little close in video two but you should get the idea.
Once the mode is started follow the instructions on the display and use the flippers to aim at the bad guys then fire with both flippers.

Looks Cool! Cant wait to play it in my house one day!

#945 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Thanks for a good idea for an FAQ entry. I’ve bought a number of new games and didn’t even consider this may be a first for some. I’ll get a tips for first time buyers or something like that to list things you should check/do after getting a new game added in the next day or so.

All the other CGC remakes have them as well. I appreciate this as well.

#1052 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

not sure of the photo exactly... but mine has a rubber nipple back behind bart. We had one stuck ball early, but it hasn't been problematic.
[quoted image]

It looks like your machine has a fix to that problem installed on it. You have a metal bracket there that the other machine does not have. I wonder if that was one of the fixes they had to come up with on the line while making them.

#1100 2 years ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

The real question is..... Has Richard got word on when he will get his game!?

Did CGC ship ANY games to Canada yet?

#1195 2 years ago
Quoted from AJC3030:

My only regret is not getting the SE+ .t Thi king about moving the SE to find a MB and getting back in line lol

Sounds like a smart move. I have seen lots of Stern buyers do that. They will buy the lower end model and a higher end model. The lower end model is released first and they play it for a while until the premium model or LE model are released then they sell off the lower end model. It seems like they usually break even or even make a couple hundred on the deal as well.

#1221 2 years ago

Cool! The stock Colour of the modded tracks for the SE seems close to the LE version of the tracks correct?
Looking good guys!
Richard

The color of the mod train tracks seems lighter than the LE tracks. You would probably have to paint them darker if you wanted them to be exactly like the LE tracks.

image 1 (resized).pngimage 1 (resized).pngimage 2 (resized).pngimage 2 (resized).png
#1355 2 years ago
Quoted from PinRestore:

Looks like I can give mine any serial # I desire with my Brother labelmaker!

They also usually have a official Chicago Gaming label on the back with the serial number and build date.

1 week later
#1638 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Past results are not indicative of future performance. I’m confident the LEs will be done long before then.
And is anyone who has been in on an LE since day one really going to say “screw it. It’s been over six months. I’m giving up.”?

Didn't someone just give up their LE spot a week ago because the wait was too long?

#1648 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Going to put a spot filler in my arcade this weekend.
Haven’t even taken the plastic off yet but can still see the difference between silk screened and ink jet. I’d forgotten how striking the difference can be.
[quoted image]

Did you buy a new replacement playfield?

#1690 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Brilliant idea. Where at? By who? What’s the usual cost?

They probably charge by the pound. Lol

#1729 1 year ago
Quoted from Jhiggins623:

Received my LED frame from http://www.spotlightdisplays.com/ yesterday and my Limited Edition Backglass from https://www.flylanddesigns.com today. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Did the standard translight frame work for the plexiglass backglass? The dimensions are slightly larger for the plexiglass and I asked if it would fit and didn't receive a response from them.

1 week later
#1862 1 year ago
Quoted from MegadethHangar18:

Anyone please have any idea when LE's will hit Australia...

Hard to say since they have not made any LE machines yet. Maybe by the end of the year for Australia????

#1951 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

I’m old school. I think shaker motors are a gimmick that generally add very little to the experience. On most other games it just feels to me that it’s used just for the sake of using it.
But the integration on Cactus Canyon, especially with the topper game play, is masterfully done. Perhaps it’s because the shaker mimics gun recoil but it just feels appropriate and real.

I feel CGC has done a great job integrating the shaker with AFM and MM as well.

#1980 1 year ago
Quoted from curban:

Heard a rumor at Pinfest that the LEs may start shipping this week or next. Without naming names, the source seems to be ‘well-connected’.
So…anyone else hearing this possibility…or is the general consensus still ‘not before July’?

I hope so!!! That is a rumor I like to hear!!!

#2121 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Except it doesn’t make sense based on the manufacturing data that has been reported by owners.
August for LEs implies that CGC is making more than 500 SEs first, has a new production issue or is planning on a summer vacation

This is the email Game Room Guys Sent out. Maybe they are making more than 500 SE machines? Especially since I don't think they have really exported any machines to Europe or Australia yet.

"Chicago Gaming is currently building Cactus Canyon SE models and has approximately two months of production left. Once they have completed the build, they will be moving on to the Cactus Canyon LE, followed by the Cactus Canyon SE with Topper. At this point in time, we do not expect to see the Cactus Canyon LE version any earlier than August and the Cactus Canyon SE will most likely start rolling off the line in the fall. We will follow up with Chicago Gaming again in mid-July and update you as soon as we have more information."

#2138 1 year ago
Quoted from Dalewin:

I’m in the club and loving it. This pin is awesome and a blast to play! Jazzed it up with alt translight, art blades, shaker motor and some Titan Super shinies. Only things left are invisiglass, train track mod and maybe the topper sometime down the road.
[quoted image]

Looks great! But I don't believe they plan on selling the topper separately.

#2175 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinless:

Where is the power cord supposed to be? I have gone all over the packing materials and looked inside the machine and don’t see it anywhere.
Is there also only 1 back box key? I see 2 hooks on the coin mech, but only have 1 key.

Is the cord in the coin box?

#2202 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

All these se machines going up for sale at msrp from flippers. Think they thought they would make bank.

Usually only the LE version will be a higher price. Then once they stop making the game all together then the price of all the versions will usually go up.

1 week later
#2464 1 year ago

I’m finding it hard to tell as the angle of the pic is not the same.

Yeah I was thinking the same thing as well. Each picture is at a different angle and picture depth.

#2569 1 year ago

Let's hope he actually does that this time. My first question is "When is Richard getting his game?"

I thought Richard said CGC already told him it's out of their hands. It's on Canada now to accept the games into the country.

#2576 1 year ago

Still dont have all the topper parts! They basically have NO idea when LE will start.

Yeah when my distributor sent out a email in May saying they hope to hear something by August for the LE, that sounds like its pretty accurate now.

#2621 1 year ago

Also, It sounds like that isn't going to be out for awhile. At least thats the vibe I got from Butch last night

Yeah I am guessing summer of 2023 for the new code release.

#2677 1 year ago
Quoted from ClassicHornet:

Wow; no posts. All quite on the western front

Yeah I think everyone is a little disappointed on the news of the LE being delayed most likely a couple more months.

#2800 1 year ago

Haha, I already bugged my dealer and Ryan enough! They have done all they can!

Haha, to think I shovelled my outdoor stairs leading down to the walk out basement all winter in case it showed up!

You need to be talking to Canadian customs to release the game. I doubt CGC or your distributor can do anything.

1 week later
#3009 1 year ago
Quoted from Pwedge:

Did anybody else get an email from PPS regarding the mirrored backglass today? Hopefully this means that they are getting close to shipping. Here is what I received:
----
Hello,
If you are getting this message, it means you said “yes” to the mirrored CCR backglass and we are missing some required information from you.
We don’t have a user name in our system for you and we will need that information before you can order your glass.
Please go here:
https://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Session_ID=(removed)
as soon as you can, and create your user name, then reply back to this email after you have done that.
We will be sending out additional information about the glass soon but again will need this this done asap. Thank you,
Team PPS
----

I did not receive that email today. I think they sent it to you because they don't have all of your information on file.

#3037 1 year ago
Quoted from Damonator:

I thought someone from CGC said at the expo presentation that the Clearcoat was the same formula as Diamondplate. But I can't recall for sure...I've heard conflicting stories on this and would love to know the answer.

I had heard years ago that Diamond plate clear coat could no longer be made the exact same way because one of the ingredients caused cancer when making it and was banned. Not sure if the story is true or not, just what I heard.

#3184 1 year ago

Well I finally made it out to play CCR SE at Pinball Petes in Ann Arbor today. I only was able to play one game before I had to leave, was with the family and we had other things to do also constant stream of people on the game as well. My one game on it did not last long but I did notice the flippers seemed mushy. Not sure what was going on there. I tried shooting the middle ramp and both times couldn't even make it up the ramp. I looked at the legs to see if there was bubbling and there was! I was not able to see the back of the machine to see build date but I did take a couple pictures. The first pic is of the bubbling on the front leg. The second picture is of the leg touching the cabinet at the back. When looking down at the top of the legs you can definitely see the legs are not bent correctly. I compared them to a Stern machine that was next to it and you could see a clear difference. I also looked at my MMR SE at home and my legs don't touch the cabinet. Hopefully they get this problem fixed before the LE's are made.

ccr 1 circle (resized).jpgccr 1 circle (resized).jpgccr 2 circle (resized).jpgccr 2 circle (resized).jpg

#3197 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

For those that have other CGC remake LEs - were the leg bolts powder coated to match the legs?

No, AFM LE was not. I don't think any pinball companies color match the bolts.

#3227 1 year ago
Quoted from ray3127:

Any one have an answer on this? I'm wondering the same.
Looks like the Mine Scoop and Ramp Protector would not be needed, as they are factory installed. (?)
But the Drop Target Protectors and Shooter Eject might be?
I recall from the TPF video that CGC re-engineered the drop targets, and I see they have mylar around them. So are the Cliffy's really needed there, either?

I only bought the shooter eject cliffy. I don't believe the other ones will be needed.

#3255 1 year ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

My Mantis leg protectors arrived. For comparison, here it is beside the Pinball Life protectors.
The Pinball Life protector is .059 thick. The Mantis is .103 thick.
[quoted image]

Mantis is about to see an uptick in leg protector sales. I purchased a set for myself.

#3310 1 year ago
Quoted from EZ-Rhino:

Out of sheer curiosity anyone know if CPR is the company contracted to manufacture the mirrored BG?

I just assumed it was still CPR making the backglass since they were the ones making it before they redesigned the mirror backglass.

#3314 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinballer73:

Gee, I hope not. Their quality control isn't good these days, especially with backglasses. Wrong colours, poor artwork, missing artwork.

Yeah that seems to be the new normal these days with any company....

1 week later
#3635 1 year ago
Quoted from underlord:

Just bought CCr Radcal Mirror decals. Perfect reason to convert my LE whenever it’s here.

Can you put the new radcal decals right over the old ones or do you need to take off the old ones first?

#3645 1 year ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

CGC could even offer a discount to the upcoming "software & saloon doors" package for those affected. Just about all of us owners on Pinside are going to spring for it (as long as it's not absurdly priced), so they could also make a good faith effort with a discount for the package while using it as a tool to keep additional revenues coming in.

Was just wondering what you think an absurd price would be for the upgrade. I expect it to be $700 but think an absurd price would be $1,500.

1 week later
#3934 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

A little birdie flew in from Cactus Canyon today …
The arms were indeed holding up the topper, as we expected (see what I did there?)
Good news: THE ARMS CAME IN!

Bad news: The arms were too long and the entire batch had to be scrapped and reordered.
Obviously this impacts both SE+/LE games. In addition, there is an issue with an LE specific part.

I am guessing there is a problem with the wood apron....

#3996 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

I hope they’re making & stockpiling everything for the LE and SE+’s up to the point they can complete them and just sitting on them for final parts when they arrive. A few twists of a screwdriver and a packaged topper later and they can blast them out the door in droves! Imagine everything being held up ships simultaneously...

It's a HUGE factory![quoted image]

Yes it looks like a big building except its not a empty Wearhouse. I don't know if you ever seen the video of inside the CGC factory but there is tons of wood and playfields and all kinds of industrial machines inside there. I'm sure they can probably hold maybe a hundred machines or so semi completed and it seems like they did that at the beginning of CCR production as some people were posting pictures of their new machines with a nice coating of wood dust all over the machine. I really don't want to have to clean my machine off right out of the box.

#4226 1 year ago

Now he is saying they will make LE and SE+ at the same time....

#4267 1 year ago
Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

I missed the Twitch
So is the LE coming soon or still 2023 as the wild guess ?
Did the outstanding parts arrive ?
Was the twitch posted somewhere ?
Solid Wood Apron !! That’s awesome
Thanks

He said they would ship soon......no actual timeline. 3 weeks? 3 months? No clue. No mention of outstanding parts coming in.

1 week later
#4395 1 year ago
Quoted from pb456:

First things first, I didn't see it in the FAQ.
If I ordered an SE+ and opted for the fancy pants mirrored backglass, do I get both the translite and the mirrored backglass?
Meaning, they don't pull the translite and put the mirrored backglass in when they ship?
I think I kind of sort of found the answer as I read they'll ship the mirrored backglass separately from Planetary Pinball, but not sure if that's a fact.

Yes the backglass is shipped separately.

#4420 1 year ago
Quoted from Jman44:

Now we are at Speakergate?

The speaker quality/clarity has been talked about before on the other CGC game pages in the past. I changed mine out on my MMRSE and my AFMLE. The MM was hard to clearly hear the voices with the stock speakers. I purchased Infinity reference speakers and I could understand the voices finally! https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07B8T66KB/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08_s00

The volume issue is a new problem though. I don't recall that happening on the other remakes.

#4459 1 year ago
Quoted from Medic:

I understand if part supply is the issue for the LEs. Shouldn’t we be seeing the new code out by now too? Isn’t that all software based or you think they need parts for the new code as well?

I would guess next Spring/Summer for the new code. I would be shocked if it was released before then.

#4497 1 year ago
Quoted from V8haha:

Anyone have a pulse on when LEs will ship? This really is taking a lot longer then anticipated.

Maybe Fall? Even then it will take many months to make all of them especially if they plan on making SE+ models at the same time now. Who knows where you would be in the line to receive one. Best case scenario before the end of the year. Worst case scenario next Summer.

#4516 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Interesting info.
If true, that would imply that some SE+ games would ship before LEs since it’s it would be impossible to produce 1250 LEs in 3 months.

Yeah CGC said on the podcast the other week that they will be making SE+ at the same time as the LE. Gameroom guys does not have the LE listed on the website because it is sold out so no time frame given for the LE, only the SE+.

#4519 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

It wasn’t clear to me if he said they would (which would be new) or that they could (which he’s said for a while) because only a few SKUs need to be swapped out on the line to change between making the base games.

Yeah he said they would be shipping "some" SE+ along with the LE as well. No concrete numbers, very vague.

#4523 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Date: 21st August, 2021
In a seminar at the Southern-Fried Gaming Expo in Atlanta today, Ryan White of Chicago Gaming confirmed that the company has been working on a remake of the popular Bally title, Cactus Canyon.
Almost time to wish them happy anniversary...
Question is how long before this were they working on it?

I thought they said they were working on it since 2019.

#4555 1 year ago
Quoted from jackd104:

Didn't they already give the update about supply issues preventing finishing of the games? That was the update. It's still the update. They probably have nothing new to tell us. They probably don't know themselves.

Yeah I think either they know that the parts are not coming anytime soon or they have absolutely no idea when the parts will be in and just are not saying anything about it.

#4612 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Grow... LE owners are waiting for their wooden apron
[quoted image]

My guess is totally the wood aprons.

#4729 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I wasn't aware that CGC was using actual "Cliffy" protectors? I thought they made their own?

They are not "cliffys" but the same concept. I actually like the CGC design drain protector over the Cliffy design. It has more protection around the entire hole.

#4800 1 year ago

Game room Guys just sent out a email stating only the SE models are being made right now and the LE production is still awaiting a few critical parts from distributors and have no estimated date of arrival. They will follow up with CGC in mid September and give an update when they have updated accurate information.

#4945 1 year ago

Haha! I’m good with the SE!
Trading my Godzilla Premium for a MINT TZ this weekend. Pumped for that!

Why did you get rid of your Godzilla? You only had it for a couple weeks, Was it not that great? Or did you buy it for trade bait?

#5013 1 year ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

Dealers have been sitting on Se inventory for a while now and you can easily purchase one same day from most dealers. I understand having to keep the line moving but geez what a disaster.

I am sure that stock will dry up when they start making the LE and SE+ models for the next 6-12 months.

4 weeks later
#5464 1 year ago
Quoted from gorditas:

Thanks. I have never done coin doors on any of my games. If you look at all of the factory LE's from Stern and JJP, you will see that all of their coin doors are standard black. The main reason for this is that if you do any two stage powdercoat, the hinge area will have too much material built up due to a combination of a tight radius and the Faraday effect, and flake off after opening and closing the door several times. You basically have to decide what is more important to you: a matching door with blemishes, or a black door without. The coin door just kind of disappears, so I have never bothered with it. When I sold a past game, a buyer asked why I didn't do the door. When I answered with the same reply I typed before, he said, "well, that is true. My XYZ door is flaking at the hinge."
The color on Star Wars is Ink Black with Rockstar Sparkle. As good as it looks in the video, it is really impressive in person. I did my BM66 in the same color, and had a local guy apply pinstripes similar to the SLE. Feel free to send a PM if you have more questions about powder coating.
https://www.prismaticpowders.com/shop/powder-coating-colors/PPB-5835/rockstar-sparkle

May I ask who do you use for your Powder Coating?

#5510 1 year ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

I guess my game room fridge says it all.
[quoted image]

I also like to drink beer while playing!!!

20220926_161154 (resized).jpg20220926_161154 (resized).jpg
#5555 1 year ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

I have the audio issue as well and my ticket was closed. I have yet to hear anything about it and was told it was send to engineering. They could at least try to offer a replacement board/s to see if swapping them helps. I’m willing to be the test machine, send me parts and I’ll send the originals back.

I am surprised they have not offered that as a option where you at least send your board to them and they would test it out on their machine.

#5564 1 year ago
Quoted from Master_of_Trolls:

No chance of me giving up my CCr LE. Was kind of hoping that I could swing both machines, but with Bond purportedly shipping in 6 - 8 weeks, I'll have to wait on Bond anyway.
I'm so eager to get my hands on my CCr though, that my fingers are twitching in anticipation.

I thought Stern said that they were only going to make a few machines for the location spots first then start making the LE Bonds. The rest of the models were not going to be made until next year.

#5568 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Does anyone have a link to the flyer? I like to print them to hang up. Thx,,,

https://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=4445&picno=4154

#5661 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

TRUTH! Yeah, my only 'struggle' here is the fact that I'm building a badass robotic topper (with custom art, etc) that is going to be hard to let go, If I sell my SE, and go with the +. I suppose I could swap, back and fourth if I ever got a +, but that seems kinda silly imo. I guess I better choose a path, lol.

Just get the + and never look back!

#5701 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

And also remember that a distributor (especially larger ones like PPS and GEX) may/will get the LE deliveries in multiple shipments/batches.
Plus it’s going to take 6+ months to produce all the LEs at the current (estimated) production rates.

How many machines were they making in a week? 40?

#5721 1 year ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

I beg to differ. CGC did exactly that with the MMrRE. Built them, stored them, then added the missing parts when they received them and then shipped the games. They were coming out way more than 50/week.
Not saying it’s going to happen again, only that they have done that before. This time the missing parts may have not allowed the games to be partially built. Who knows…

They only made like 380 Royals though. You can get them out way faster with that low of a number.

2 weeks later
#5866 1 year ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

We should have something about Richard’s game in the FAQ

I thought there was before but it had to be taken out due to space restraints in the FAQ.

#5873 1 year ago
Quoted from Gbailey069:

Can someone shine light on what's the full story behind Richards game ?

He ordered it a year ago and still has not received it. It is apparently being held up at the Canadian border since summertime. Canada needs to certify the machine and the new boards I think and put a new electrical sticker on it from what I understand.

1 week later
#6019 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

too funny you have to answer this question ! they still cannot ship the LE or SE+?
be lucky to see the add on mid to late next year !

I am expecting them to release the new code for next years Chicago pinball show. I would be surprised if it happened before that.

#6144 1 year ago
Quoted from Buynsell:

Cant a 2nd party make and distribute a topper for this game similar to the CGC one?

One guy actually did make his own topper and offered up a few more to anyone who wanted them at cost. CGC and PPS contacted him and said he cant do that because they own the rights and likeness to that game. So that put a end to that.

#6146 1 year ago
Quoted from explosiveegg:

In fairness.
If memory serves me correct. He was blatantly copying CGCs topper.
Other people have made toppers for CCr that don't infringe on CGC or PPS copyrights, and I don't think they've been told to remove them. Such as this one: https://mezelmods.com/products/cactus-canyon-pinball-topper

Oh for sure. You can make a topper that just says "The old west" and get away with it. He was asking if anyone can make a similar topper to what is already being made. We found out that is not an option.

#6150 1 year ago
Quoted from paynemic:

I’m constantly surprised by the surprise regarding delays. I guess some weren’t around for Afmr, mbr, etc. Cgc is like Elon. Cool products, terrible at timelines. I’m not justifying it, but is it not expected? They’re a different company. Timelines aren’t what they do. I just don’t plan on receiving the game at a specific time. No outrage needed.

I think people assumed that things would be different this time. Especially when they said they had a year plus head start on this project.

#6218 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

FWIW - LEs start in about two weeks. CGC has delayed announcing their next game because of the delay.

When were they originally supposed to be announcing the next game? Was this supposed to be the original theme game (Pulp Fiction)?

1 week later
#6559 1 year ago
Quoted from MegadethHangar18:

So it's now been over a year since I paid my deposit for a CC LE $2500 on 3.11.22! I have to be honest I haven't read all the posts in this tread but can anyone give me a best guess of when the hell these things will be built and sent out?

As of right now a distributor said games "could" start shipping out sometime this month and will take until sometime in the spring to make all of them.

#6647 1 year ago
Quoted from TonyP66:

It would be cool if the topper was part of an attract mode

Like on AFMr LE when the flipper button was pressed the topper would bounce up and down and say something!

#6650 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

We’re getting close, I can feel it!

I think they will definitely start shipping the LE models in the next 1-8 weeks.

#6671 1 year ago
Quoted from teddyb73:

That's all well and good, and I'm new to the thread so I would appreciate an answer.

Nobody knows. CGC might not even know. My guess is next summer/Fall.

#6772 1 year ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

I just was informed that no LE's would be going out until next year, due to a part being reworked (Ryan's call).

Did he specify what part?

#6866 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

You might want to contact PPS as once this was released they claimed they were going to make one

Yeah I wonder if they ever plan on making that or not???

#6870 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

Thinking of selling my SE, if anyone might be interested..in WA 98577. PM for details. Delete if not allowed here.

Are you upgrading to a LE or a SE+? Or are you just tired of the game already?

#6922 1 year ago
Quoted from jackd104:

To clarify I’m talking NIB purchases and buying from people trying to make a buck with arbitrage. That’s a lot different than buying a used pin from a collector at a fair market price.

I don't know anyone in this world who isn't trying to make a buck.

#6924 1 year ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Wow you must not get around much. I know quite a few.

I guess not. lol, Everyone I know has a job and some have side hustles as well.

#6943 1 year ago
Quoted from jackd104:

Of course. But I don’t bother trying to do it with my hobbies. A meager few k I could make would not be worth the guilt I’d feel sticking it to other pinheads.

Yeah a couple years ago I was selling a pinball machine. It was fully loaded with Pinsound, PDI glass, extras, powder coating, the works. I listed at a sell quick price, a guy contacts me a couple days later and says he only has X amount of dollars and can't afford anymore. Tells me he has a 10 year old son that LOVES pinball and it's always been his dream to have that machine. Sends me pictures of his kid playing pinball machines, says this is all the money he has in the world. I give in and say ok. He comes to get the machine and I find out he actually has over 20 machines in his basement, he is actually not in dire need of cash at all and 1 month later I see him selling the machine for $1,000 more than he paid for it, and he stripped off most of the extras.
I don't give deals anymore. When I sell a machine now, I sell it for whatever the current market value is.

#7138 1 year ago

Zukidog how is the game playing? I bet you are playing the snot out of it.
On a separate note, it's funny how the CGC pictures make the armor look so dark. Looks way nicer in photo Zukidog posted.
[quoted image]

Yeah I always wondered if that picture of the LE was just a computer generated image for the color on the legs and rails. Can anyone answer if this grey was the same grey that was on the original prototypes that were at the pinball shows?

#7361 1 year ago
Quoted from undrdog:

That's good. I couldn’t get wife approval on a second NIB game and I’d die from not getting it.
It’s back to project EMs for me.
As soon as I break my addiction to my CCR.

If CGC does end up doing another remake it probably wouldn't be for a few years. They are supposedly doing a small run of MMR SE after the CCR and then supposedly doing a machine of their own. I hear rumors of Pulp Fiction theme.

#7452 1 year ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

Initial order of knocker cables sent, most will have theirs by the weekend according to USPS. I have a bunch more to get through this weekend, thanks for the patience.

Thank you for making these!!!

#7503 1 year ago
Quoted from insight75:

Sara has been great with communication. She was the best part of the process.
MMR.....will this be a version with topper? Anyone know?

I believe they are just making SE versions of the MMR but will offer the toppers again to buy separately.

1 week later
#7939 1 year ago
Quoted from gearheaddropping:

They have completely missed out on "quenching the thirst" for people wanting an 8k version of Medieval as I bet they could really sell a ton of them.

Quoted from srmonte:

People are not going to cancel their LE. But this will affect them with pulp fiction and future games. If you really think they are not going to send the price of MMr through the roof your wrong. Doug just missed the price increases when they launched the game and he is pissed about it. Quit telling people they are getting such a great deal.

I keep seeing people suggest that the new MMR SE will be $8,000. No way that will happen, the MMR SE from 2019/2020 was $9,000. I could definitely see them asking $10,500-$11,000 for the next run which apparently is only going to be around 300 units.

1 week later
#8349 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

I can’t wait to see the Gun Metal powder coating in person. I’ll bet it looks even better in person.

Does anyone know exactly what color the powdercoating is specifically?

#8373 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinbalz:

I have a CGC CCr SE on the way. Are they shipped in full boxes or just a box cover? Saw a video where apparently CGC uses two types of boxes? I am hoping it is a full box w/bottom which can be removed off pallet and then hand trucked into house. My 2003-2007 Stern NIB boxes were complete boxes that I could unbox inside. Thanks in advance for any info!

I believe when they first started shipping games at the beginning of the year they had a tough time getting boxes to ship the games in so they had to "make" their own boxes for a short time. Now they are shipped in the standard complete box.

1 week later
#8535 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

People have been flipping (or trying to) for a year but this is the first where they actually have possession.
Wouldn’t it be nice if flippers for profit were prohibited from buying future games?

Someone sold a LE a couple weeks ago that they had in possession for 12K on Pinside. I agree though that the $9250 is a very low price for a LE these days. If CGC had announced the machine today for the first time I think they would have sold it for 11 or 12K and everyone would still be saying "wow, what a good price, its lower than Stern and JJP.'

2 weeks later
#9102 1 year ago
Quoted from MacGruber:

I wonder if we're talking about different things. Here's a picture from MGC 2019. Look below the DMD. They all say Bally..every single AFM SE and LE. I think the classic edition is blank, but we're talking about that small screen below the DMD that's on SE'S and up. Hope that clears things up. Yeah I gotcha on the translite been consistent across the board.
[quoted image]

Quoted from LTG:

Possibly.
Both Bally logos in your picture are programmed on the LCD, not on the translite. The small Bally on the bottom you can change to other things. Directions in the manual.
LTG : )

Quoted from dog:

Yes my AFMr has it.
MBr and MMR do not, but they are both Williams remakes

Yeah I always wondered why scientific games allows CGC to have the original Bally name programmed still into the code on the LCD but they won't allow them to use the Williams name on MM or MB? Does scientific games no longer recognize the Williams name?

#9106 1 year ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

I would tend to think it’s due to the fact that Wms still exists and is still manufacturing amusement devices (slots).

I don't know, I just looked it up and Bally still makes slot machines as well.

#9161 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Those with an LE, this alternative color LE edition plate is available in my store. Thanks.
[quoted image]

This plate looks fantastic!!! I will definitely be buying one when I get my game.

1 week later
#9515 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

I don’t know. Stopped tracking SEs a while ago but I thought it was still under 1000. Remember the SE numbers started at 1251. Don’t remember seeing numbers in the 2600s. I thought we were around 2200-2250 (highest number, not number of games) or about 1000 SEs.

Makes sense to me, but that’s still a high number for dealer inventory if these aren’t existing orders.

Does CGC still need to build SE machines for Europe, Australia, Canada as well? If so will that be mixed in this year as they build the LE and SE+?

3 weeks later
#10115 1 year ago
Quoted from Inferno:

Hey folks.
I'm finally getting my LE. Anyone ever hear of Betson charging $12,500?
My dealer doesn't sell a whole bunch of Chicago Gaming, so he was forced to go to Betson who just passed along an invoice for $12,500! WT heck?
I thought distributors were held to MSRP. I'm getting shafted for an additional $2500.
Is this BS happening to anyone else?
[quoted image]

Only direct distributors are held to the standard of selling the game at MSRP. Any other distributor apparently can charge whatever they want and get away with it. But I just checked and Betson IS listed as a direct supplier. I would contact CGC about this.

#10145 1 year ago
Quoted from Inferno:

I submitted a ticket with Chicago Gaming to the attention of Doug. [Direct Distributor Price Gouging #8600]
I also called the sales rep from Betson Jeff Scheer. Jeff said he was being "told" to charge $12,500 based on supply and demand. My gripe is, I placed my order and deposit when the game was announced back in November 2021. It's because of people like me (and you folks) that the game ended up being soldout quickly CREATING THE DEMAND.
----UPDATE-----
After submitting the ticket - Doug called me, and very apologetically said there was nothing they could do. He feels badly about distributors doing this to their customers, and it was never the intention of Chicago Gaming for this kind of thing happen.

If CGC can't do anything about them ripping people off what's stopping all the other distributors from doing the same thing to their customers?

2 weeks later
#10583 1 year ago
Quoted from davej:

Drove up from Bloomington to Homer Glen Ill.(west of Chicago) today to pick up "300" today. Made a few stops along the way to break up the drive. Will be unboxing tomorrow evening.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

So how was the Lion's Den super store?

#10813 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

I like this:
“This deposit deferral program is non-transferable. Chicago Gaming Company retains the right to cancel Pulp Fiction-LE orders for those customers selling their rights to unshipped Cactus Canyon (LE & SE+).”

They still have no punishment for distributors who sell at a higher price though.....

2 weeks later
#11188 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

I was really looking forward to this but holding off for now. I’d prefer a softer, shorter, more feminine looking Polly.

Yeah you would think they would at least make her outfit the same color as in the game.

#11203 1 year ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

Thought I would share the final version. The mount is reversible so you can mount it to either side of your game… and if you get bored you can move it to the other side [quoted image]

Wow! This looks really good!

#11284 1 year ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Would love to own one but missed the LE train and can’t stomach the flipper price right now. Unfortunately even once CGC is done with the run I don’t think the pricing will drop. Same with MMR.

The prices usually go up once the machine is no longer made.

3 weeks later
#11837 12 months ago
Quoted from ifpapinball:

Much of it is done. Much of it is left to implement. The rules design is complete. The code is not. The art is not. The sounds and speech are not.

It sounds like there is still a bit of work to be done on the new code project. What are the odds that it will be released this year???

1 month later
#12701 10 months ago
Quoted from PiperPinball:

Anyone know when the expanded code will be released?

Looks like sometime next year.

#12741 10 months ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

Richards game anyone?

Richards game at the border.

1 week later
#12869 10 months ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Does anyone have additional pics of the Back Alley Polly mod with it INSTALLED on their game? I can find several of it by itself but not on the game.
Want to see the overall look and if the dimensions of it seem correct when installed vs how it appears in the stand alone pics.
TIA

20230615_203732 (1) (resized).jpg20230615_203732 (1) (resized).jpg
6 months later
#14656 3 months ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Congratulations to you guys in Australia, find it odd that they would stack and place games horizontal on other games?
But you got them , enjoy!

I guess the "DO NOT STACK!" that is written all over the box is just a loose suggestion. LOL

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
7,500 (OBO)
$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
St. Petersburg, FL
$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

6,999 (OBO)
$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 210.00
$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Cabinet - Other
Jorge’s Arcade Mods

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 39.95
Hardware
RavSpec

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sizzler747.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-remake-club-new-sheriffs-in-town?tu=sizzler747 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.