(Topic ID: 310125)

Cactus Canyon Remake Club - New Sheriffs in Town! (with FAQs)

By jfh

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,417 posts
  • 756 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 46 minutes ago by PtownPin
  • Topic is favorited by 384 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which version have you ordered and/or received?”

• Limited Edition [LE] 333 votes
    51%
  • Special Edition with Wild West topper [SE+] 103 votes
    16%
  • Special Edition [SE] 218 votes
    33%

(654 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2145 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2138 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2139 (resized).jpeg
20240415_145651 (resized).jpg
IMG_5053 (resized).jpg
IMG_5068 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20240408_083646_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408_031213_Drive (resized).jpg
AE50EDD5-0A2D-4824-883B-9B097D38C6FF (resized).jpeg
86B25964-BA83-413E-9949-4511DE3D5375 (resized).jpeg
Reward issue switches (resized).jpg
shut-up-and-take-my-money.gif
Screenshot_20240324_221804_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1816 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240324-141652 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Cactus Canyon Remake FAQ (Part 1) Game Information Posted by jfh (2 years ago)

Post #836 Demonstration videos of Topper Shootout mode Posted by jfh (2 years ago)

Post #3286 Leg crimp fix Posted by PM_Jeremy (1 year ago)

Post #9030 Trough fix Posted by PM_Jeremy (1 year ago)

Post #9386 John Youssi’s initial idea sketch for the playfield art Posted by jtaudio (1 year ago)

Post #9938 Game play stream of LE with topper (dedicated topper cam) Posted by joelbob (1 year ago)

Post #10737 Sensor Trouble shooting guide Posted by jfh (1 year ago)

Post #11888 Adjusting inlane guides to minimize ball hop Posted by alveolus (12 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ptownpin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

321 posts in this topic match your search for posts by ptownpin. You are on page 1 of 2.
#306 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

For those that have prior CGC games - how are the pinballs that ship with them?
I’m used to the junk balls Stern ships and just replace them out of the gate.

Their perfectly fine....never changed any of mine

#397 2 years ago

Random question....has anyone here ever had to replace the large PCB board on any of the remakes? I have all 3 remakes and never had an issue, but was curious what it might cost?

#399 2 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

If it's in line with the price of Stern's node boards, then it's easily over $1k (retail) to replace

Wow....

#402 2 years ago
Quoted from Jodester:

I have never had to pay for a bad Stern node board. If you work with your distributor and send back the old one, its free.
I also have not heard of any of the larger boards going out on a CGC and I have had 3 games in my collection with AFM being the oldest.

I haven't either, but was curious if anyone had and what the cost was

#407 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I haven't heard of any.
As I recall the one for MMR was around $300.
LTG : )

Thanks.....cheap compared to Stern

#498 2 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

This will be my 3rd CGC game. Purchased all of them through PPS. Top notch service.

Agree....Sara is great at PPS

2 weeks later
#816 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

has there been a poll here somewhere?
What is the general consensus here, wondering what is selling more, SE or SE+?

Need to pick one and would be curious to know if the topper will have a significant impact in the next code, my guess is yes...
From a resale point of view, in the future, the Se+ might be easier to sell too? no?

If you're concerned about resale than having the topper is probably a big bonus although I'm not sure if they'll sell the topper separately at a later date?

#862 2 years ago

I'll say this....Butch is by far the best representative of CGC. His presentation was well organized, technical, very detailed, and informative. I'm sure Ryan has his talents, but public speaking is not one of them

#876 2 years ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

Here is a pic of Butch and I Friday morning. Had breakfast with Butch and then rolled into the hall to help him setup all the games for the show. If they weren’t all perfectly level feel free to blame me lol.
[quoted image]

The chrome shooter housing needs powder coating to match trim .... I hope CGC does this in the final run

#879 2 years ago
Quoted from The-Hum:

From the image, it does look like that would be the current plan
[quoted image]

Let's hope.....be nice if they powder coated the door as well!

#918 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Received the magnetic speaker panel from eBay/Portugal today.
Pros:
- packed/protected well. Ships rolled around a sturdy tube well bubble wrapped.
- decent thickness. Flexible but not flimsy
- from memory colors match the original well. Will get a better pic tomorrow and compare to original WMS side art.
- uncomplicated design seems to fit well.
Cons:
- not licensed (would have liked to see Cactus Canyon on the sheriff’s badge)
- colors may be slightly dimmer than those on the remake side art (though you generally aren’t going to see them at the same time.
- a little expensive
I don’t have my CCr yet or a Chicago Gaming remake with the XL panel so I can’t comment on the fit yet. Can’t compare to the alleged PPS version because Rick has not responded to questions about it.
I’ll get a better pic tomorrow in the daylight.
[quoted image]

Looks great ! All things considered I thought it was reasonably priced in todays market.

2 weeks later
#1401 2 years ago

How's the CCR speaker panel decal coming? When do you plan on having that available?

#1480 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I thought it was JJP.
Certainly a good idea.

JJP has had them in the past, but not on all their games (unfortunately)

#1536 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I saw this at TPF. Very nice.
I’d much rather have one that says Cactus Canyon but I believe PPS asked the person making them for the original game to stop.

Why?

#1542 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I don’t know.
I’ve contacted PPS to see what would be required to get a license to make custom shooters for Cactus Canyon. The request involved specifically using the original Bart hat but would likely apply to anything related (for example a Sheriff’s badge modeled after one depicted on the game).

seems pretty ridiculous to me! So are they going after the guy who makes the cactus flipper toppers? I highly doubt a sheriff badge would be problem after all they don't say Williams or CC anywhere!

#1546 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

And that’s kind of the point. The poster wanted a badge that said “Cactus Canyon”.
It wasn’t my intention to start a debate about what can/should be licensed and what isn’t. I’m a strong proponent of IP rights and not interested in going down any related rabbit holes or debates.

It all started with the magnetic speaker decal....I'm with you on IP rights, but calling out everyone who "might" infringe on those rights seems a little heavy handed to me. Especially on mods for a pinball machine

#1582 2 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

It would appear that we are creeping toward the halfway point of the SE run. Still looks like we will be way into June before we might see any LEs ship. Hopefully they will have the parts to build them by then.

I love your optimism ....

#1635 2 years ago
Quoted from explosiveegg:

Now that we seem to be getting a larger data set. I decided to start looking through the build data we've been collecting.
Here is a link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1E8xpZF1k44rL_vLgtRuEX6ZmsL3X13VeM89WADjFdTk/edit?usp=sharing
Obviously, there is still a bunch of assumptions being made here, and I had to remove a piece of data as it didn't fit inline with how I assume they're doing things. This is all speculation done for fun, don't take it as gospel.
My speculation on the data:
From what I have gathered. CGC's best week so far had them shipping around 40 games a week or between 5 and 6 games a day. CGC hasn't maintained this speed and has actually dipped recently. Being as we're still 272 games off from the expected first run of 500 SEs. Using their best week as an average, as I would expect their production to slowly be speeding up. We're still 7 weeks off from LEs starting to be made. Making the first LEs come of the line in June.
I would hope that the pace of getting machines out when they start getting to LEs would have improve by then, getting closer to their expected max production speed of around 70 games a week. However, if we stay around 40 games a week. It'll take them an estimated 31 weeks (7+ months) to ship all the LEs.

I think you're pretty close. Back in March (based on my experience with the 3 other LE's) my estimate was that it would take CGC another 6-12 months to get all the LE's out the door.

#1640 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Past results are not indicative of future performance. I’m confident the LEs will be done long before then.
And is anyone who has been in on an LE since day one really going to say “screw it. It’s been over six months. I’m giving up.”?

Well they kind of are I'm not saying that people are going to give up although some might. My pretty extensive experience with ordering CGC LE's is that they make quality games, but they RARELY make schedule, and are typically months behind getting games out. I have no idea why as CGC doesn't communicate to their customers, but its been my reality. I hope your right, but history is not on your side, and that was pre-covid. My guess is they will be lucky to get 30-40 games per week out, and at those numbers its another 7- 9 months + however long it takes them to even start LE's (that could be another several months). I'm not trying to be negative just realistic as this is the 4th time I've seen this movie.

#1643 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

If I were projecting based on others past experiences, I’d agree. But that doesn’t account for the significant changes made for their production line starting with Cactus Canyon. We likely haven’t seen the fruits of that yet but given the original plan was apparently to start in November and be done with SEs and LEs by May I’m pretty confident we’ll see games sooner than might otherwise have been expected, even with the delays. (And remember, not all delays are bad as a few changes have already been made to fix early issues which pauses the line and messes up the numbers).

I'm curious what significant changes has CGC made? Have they been implemented? My guess you're assuming CGC has increased production capacity, which might be true, but doesn't really translate to making games quicker. I'm just providing a realistic spin on CGC's historical production ability (including CCR). The first remake was 7 years ago so I have a lot of history of waiting a long, long time for games.

#1647 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I don’t have first hand knowledge of what game production was before Cactus Canyon so I can’t say with certainty. Just have to wait and see if what I was told turns out to be true.
We’re all going to see our Cactus Canyons before some who ordered Stern games over a year ago (and in some cases, paid in full). I don’t think any of those folks are feeling bad for anyone in our position.

I'm sure they don't .... although Stern is the 800 pound gorilla when it comes to manufacturing...they just have too many titles their trying to make

#1697 1 year ago
Quoted from EZ-Rhino:

As of April 15th, Cliff stated that he was still "waiting on some guys to get their CC remakes and test [his] protectors on it" to determine if all pieces from the original fit the Remake or whether tweaks in the design for any pieces will be needed. My source for this is Cliff himself as I emailed him about ordering Cliffys for my CCr. Given that the CC kit is still being tested on CCr, I am going to wait until Cliff can confirm proper fitment from his "field testers" before ordering.

I know Cliff well as he lives close to me. I'm happy to be his test case, but I probably won't get my game for another 6-9 months (LE)

#1705 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Does CGC use the bottom heavy foam the machine sits on? Like JJP? Great way to absorb road shock.

I don't recall CGC nor Stern using the foam...all my JJP games have had it

1 week later
#1863 1 year ago
Quoted from MegadethHangar18:

Anyone please have any idea when LE's will hit Australia...

Nobody really has a clue....My guess is they start shipping LE's in 2-3 months and then it takes another 6-9 months to get them all delivered.

1 week later
#1999 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Congrats and thanks for sharing.
So we are at about 350 SEs with at least 160 manufactured in April. That seems pretty promising for LEs in May, doesn’t it?

I love your optimism

#2056 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

FWIW - My distributor told me yesterday at least another 4 weeks for LEs. Sounds in-line with with apparent production rates.
I’m #15 on his list so hope to be in the first or second batch in June/July.
My two favorite Cactus Canyon days will be when Richard gets his game and I get mine.

Using the CGC formula thats been developed over the last 3 releases ..... Actual Delivery time = estimated delivery time + (8-12 weeks) .... u should see your game in 12 to 16 weeks

On another note CGC number matched on AFMRLE and MBRLE's. I was asked for my LE numbers last October. I was told at the time they might number match, but haven't heard anything since. In the past they shipped those first (no idea if that was true or not)?

#2065 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Yeah, but I’m using actual real world data
I’ll have my game far sooner than 12-16 weeks.
Talk to your distributor. They will number match. More details in the FAQ.

Like I stated my distributor requested the information on my MMRLE, AFRLE, and MBRLE. At that time they said they would pass that information onto CGC, however I haven't heard anything since. In my mind its' a mute point if it doesn't put the number matching to the front on the line (as they did in the past). If you're lucky enough to get the first LE's off the line then I suspect u might be correct. If you're the last than it will be 6+ months from the time they start LE production.

#2067 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

I don’t know them all but I believe Doug commented on this in the hype thread around announcement time. I do know it was a deliberate change and the requirements were tightened (e.g. you have to have all the remakes). I think there was discussion of dropping the program all together so maybe this was a compromise.
I agree with you that it may be easier now, at least matching them up, but would likely cause distribution headaches (by messing up distributor batches). It could also be seen as a fairness issue to see that legacy customers already getting a perk aren’t “jumping the line”.

Is it fair? I can't really answer that, but it was a nice perk for past LE customers. My guess is there are so many other challenges getting games built that they don't want to manage this internally.

#2070 1 year ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

I think it's fair IMHO. I've bought a bunch of NIB Sterns in the past few years (LEs and Prems). That doesn't give me the "right" to jump the queue. I think number matching should be made available if possible but you get it when you get it. Honestly it makes no sense to allow queue jumping since LE owners wishing to number match will buy the game either way and if they don't, someone else will. Business will not be impacted by this decision. I get the "loyalty program" aspect but the other manufacturers don't do it and business is booming anyway.
Unless CGC wants to start something like the Haggis season tickets where you commit to buy the next 5 games and are guaranteed front of the line delivery. The down side of this is you have no idea what the next games will be yet you are commited.

I don't disagree in this current market. In the past (except the original MMRLE) CGC didn't sell out of AFMRLE or MBRLE's so my guess it was a perk to try and drive sales early as both those titles were on the market 6-12 months after release.

#2075 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Yes, that is correct.
New rule is that you must have all 3 previous titles to get a matching number on CCr. It apparently used to require ownership of the previous title.

Thats what I was told as I have all three....that being said I could really care less if your in line with everyone else (which is fine). I'm fully prepared to get mine around the holidays

#2082 1 year ago
Quoted from The-Hum:

Got an unsolicited email from my distributor.
Their estimation is no LE's before August

Not a surprise....

#2093 1 year ago
Quoted from The-Hum:Maybe the distributor is trying to give low expectations so they can surprise us with earlier than estimated availability. .

Nah...my guess is they've seen the same CGC movie, and they know exactly how it ends. CGC is always months, and months behind schedule and that was during normal times. God only knows how the supply chain issues have changed their ability to get games out the door. The last issue was a card board shortage, and I highly doubt thats the only thing on the list.

#2101 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

I hear the Cactus Canyon theater company is looking to cast the role of Negative Nellie for their upcoming play.
Sounds like you’d be a natural.

Why is being realistic about CGC negative? I've said nothing but positive things about their build quality (which is why I've purchased all their LE's). Would you be happier if I said "Le's are gonna ship really soon, and CGC has doubled their capacity and everyone will get their games by summer"? The reality is CGC will be lucky to get all the LE's out this year, which is pretty close to what I predicted early on. CGC refuses to communicate to customers so all we have is past history, and from what I've seen with CCR its par for the course.

#2164 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

Got the huge banner now just need the le in the tmnt spot.
[quoted image]

Great line up....Where's the AFMRLE?

#2165 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Great line up....Where's the AFMRLE?

Never mind....I missed it as mine has the green trim

1 week later
#2397 1 year ago
Quoted from Ivanhoe:

Does anyone know if CG is still on for June builds for LE's?? I chomping at the bit for my LE to come in.

Nobody has a clue, but I wouldn't be surprised if a few start trickling out in June

#2535 1 year ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Starting to get bored waiting for CCr. I've got an LE coming. If you want to buy my spot off me, shoot me a PM. No I won't be selling the spot for free.

I can see that considering u might not get your LE for another 6-8 months, which will be more than a year past release. This is pushing the original MMR wait times

#2536 1 year ago

why ? isn't it just market reality that we're all dealing with?

#2539 1 year ago
Quoted from Zukidog:

Some distributors will not allow for selling a spot in line first and foremost. Game must be delivered to initial payer of deposit. Not saying that's the case with all distributors though.
Secondly, behavior like this sucks up the spot for someone that legitimately tried to get in on an LE from day one. I had my name on wait lists that basically told me to f-off so they could sell their LE allotment to "return customers" long before the game was officially announced. Now, when a return customer can decide to flip their secured spot for a 'finders fee' that is total bullshit imo. It's not a market at that point, it's a scam.

I personally wouldn't do it, but I don't blame him for trying. I don't see any difference than someone trying to sell the LE for $13K (before its delivered) or selling a Stern premium for $2-3K over MSRP....its just market reality these days, which sucks in my mind

#2541 1 year ago
Quoted from RTS:

It's kind of a lame rationale for taking away an LE spot from someone who really wanted the game at the price he locked in (without him even paying. )
How will upcharging alleviate his boredom?
Didn't we all expect to wait? He was probably just going to flip it after he got it anyway.

Maybe? Good or bad he got a spot. In this crazy market it seems like everyone is taking advantage of limited supply. I mean we have guys who haven't even got their game and are trying to flip their games for profit....its crazy

#2548 1 year ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Going to hang onto this for now. Thank you to those that reached out. I really want this game, but the lack of communication from CGC is just getting really old. We ordered these things in October. It would be different if someone wasn't holding money of mine, but they are. If there are going to be deposits, there needs to be communication.
Also thank you to those of you who are so interested in what other people do with their items and money. I had no idea my life and choices were so interesting to you.

Unfortunately its par for the course i.e. CGC. They make great games, but are terrible at communication, and meeting schedule. I always assumed I would get my LE by xmas, which will be 13+ months after launch. Almost as bad as the two year wait on MMRLE

#2573 1 year ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

Still dont have all the topper parts!

I heard the same thing, but that was only one example. Sounds like its gonna be a while before they start shipping LE's

#2593 1 year ago
Quoted from Mistwalker:

Call me crazy, but if it's really just the toppers holding up production of LEs, why not just start building them and then ship the toppers separately once they have parts? I get that shipping would cost more that way, but I assume that most people waiting for LEs would rather have the game and wait on the topper.
I'm in for an SE+ so I'm not expecting my game any time soon, but I would personally rather get the game and wait for the topper.

If history means anything CGC won't do it (probably to save on shipping)....there were the same rumors on AFMRLE and MBRLE

#2595 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinballer73:

Agreed. If the delay is just parts for the toppers, build the games and ship the toppers later.
After watching the Butch's presentation at the Texas show, I was really looking forward to today's at the NW show. Only to find I'd heard most of it months before. The production line photos were appreciated. Just wish there was more positive news to share about production.

I highly doubt the only thing their waiting for is topper parts.

#2610 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Ok. I’ll bite. What else do you think they are waiting for?

I have no clue....could be the apron, powder coating, card board, LE Medallions, Toys, art blades, shakers, speakers, etc....I mean who the hell knows

#2614 1 year ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:Also, It sounds like that isn't going to be out for awhile. At least thats the vibe I got from Butch last night

The way things are going it might be available by the time LE's ship

#2662 1 year ago
Quoted from cldgin2:

Thanks to Mezel Mods one side done. Doing other side now. I think it looks great!
[quoted image]

Did those plastic protectors come with the game or did u add those?

#2664 1 year ago
Quoted from skywalker:

Thickness of those yellow protectors seem overkill & hasn't passed the plastic in the lock nut, yellow does pop thou

standard problem I've had on many games. Just wondering if they are adding those to the game at the factory? If so thats a nice touch

1 week later
#2843 1 year ago

Anyone get invoiced for an LE yet?

#2861 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

What’s the market/demand going to be like for NIB SE’s when the SE+ ships if the plan is to keep topper from that and sell the pin?

Good question....depends on if people think the topper is worth $1250? My guess is many will want it, but time will tell?

#2866 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

As long as the market isn’t saturated by then... I like the idea of getting an SE now and keeping my “+” order to pull the topper from later. I just don’t want to get stuck holding the bag and take a loss on selling the “nib SE”.

Just wait until CCR goes out of production and distributors work through their inventory....once thats done CCR $ will probably rise across the board

#2869 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Who’s running this show? Doug needs to sit Ryan on the bench.
Send the LEs out now and forward the topper later ffs

I got slammed months ago when I suggested that LE's would be months and months behind....I've seen the CGC movie 4 times and its always the same story. CCRLE is approaching MMRLE wait times

#2954 1 year ago

Looks like CGC has blown through most of the original SE buyers as many distributors have them in stock now.

#2957 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

Q: What’s the hold up on the LE and SE+?
A: Parts for the toppers
Q: Can’t you ship the toppers separately?
A: No
Hehe... I’m impatiently waiting for my SE+ with a topper! Lol.
[quoted image]

Just because someone at CGC said they were waiting on topper parts doesn't mean they're not waiting on other parts as well. My guess is its not just the topper

#2959 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

I’ll take one SE then please and an invoice for my separate shipping charges to be billed when the topper is ready. Plenty of SE’s coming off the line. My distributor has them in stock also.

I get it, but not sure CGC will do that? My guess is they're probably waiting on topper, and other LE specific parts as well i.e. apron, ect....

#3005 1 year ago
Quoted from Pwedge:

Did anybody else get an email from PPS regarding the mirrored backglass today? Hopefully this means that they are getting close to shipping. Here is what I received:
----
Hello,
If you are getting this message, it means you said “yes” to the mirrored CCR backglass and we are missing some required information from you.
We don’t have a user name in our system for you and we will need that information before you can order your glass.
Please go here:
https://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Session_ID=(removed)
as soon as you can, and create your user name, then reply back to this email after you have done that.
We will be sending out additional information about the glass soon but again will need this this done asap. Thank you,
Team PPS
----

Yep....maybe the back glass?....LE's are probably months off

#3011 1 year ago
Quoted from Pwedge:

Sorry. Didn't mean to imply that the LE might be close. I assume that this means that the backglass is close. At this point, I'll take anything that I can get

All good...I knew what u meant... I told CGC I wanted the glass shipped when the game ships. I really don't need another box sitting around for another 6 months waiting on CGC

#3014 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

CGC has nothing to do with the backglass and/or when it ships. You’ll get it when your distributor ships it to you unless you’ve made some special arrangement with them.

Ahhh I understand that, but the back glass is completely useless without the game. I'll probably just cancel if the back glass is months ahead of the game. That being said PPS provided no estimated ship date, but just that they were about to order

#3115 1 year ago
Quoted from Pizzaman13:

Opened a ticket for the front left leg cutting the front panel decal and bubbling that we discussed in this forum earlier this week. I received a quick response suggesting I use a blow dryer to remove the bubble. Then a follow up response asking if I was good at replacing decals. I responded that I wasn’t sure because I have never tried. Asked how difficult they thought it was. Didn’t get an answer. That exchange was two days ago. Haven’t heard anything since.

The absolute best CGC will do is send u replacement decals. This very thing happened on my AFMRLE and that was their only solution. Replacing decals is a pain in the ass

#3124 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

What else would you expect?
What choice is there other than live with it/cover it up or replace the decals?

For the game to show up not damaged....Mine was not repairable as it was a tear on the side decal

#3164 1 year ago
Quoted from AJC3030:

Yea my game has basically been unplayable for a month , I've had a ticket in since June 1st. I'm to the point where I just wanna sell the game. I wish I could just talk to someone on the phone to solve whatever the issue might be

Sorry what exactly is your ticket for ? and this said ticket has been open for a month with no communication from CGC? Do they refuse to fix or are they ignoring you? I

#3169 1 year ago
Quoted from AJC3030:

It's been extremely slow going to get responses. LTG was super nice and actually was able to help me get a response but now I'm waiting on another one. Then I was told that the software they use for tickets was blocking Me from sending the videos and photos they asked for . So then I had to email them directly. Etc etc . Wait time for any sort of response is just very long.
Issues im having :
Bart registers hits on drain and randomly
The ball eject in the Bart assembly continuously fires throughout a game even when no ball is in there. Found a broken piece of metal in there. Sometimes the ball won't eject at all. Gun fight starts and ends immediately before I even get a chance to shoot the target.

Sounds like CGC needs to improve their customer service? In the past they've been pretty responsive to any issues I've had, but that was pre covid. Personally I think customers should get responses within a few days with some sort of game plan to resolve issues.

#3171 1 year ago
Quoted from AJC3030:

I understand why they can't, but I miss the days of calling someone on the phone

Totally agree....In the past I've never had an issue with talking to someone on the phone, and all my issues were resolved pretty quickly. Sounds like CGC has cut back customer support or is having problems with their ticket system? Hope u get it worked out soon

#3181 1 year ago
Quoted from Richard-NBA-SF2:

Looks great!
I ordered the same leg protectors as well just in case.
Richard

sure would be nice if CGC included some felt leg protectors with the game. Other manufacturers do

#3187 1 year ago
Quoted from RA77:

Thanks for posting.
CGC should now be well aware of this critical failure.
I am surprised even shocked that this problem has managed to slip through QA ???
Easy fix
Stern Pinball use them or similar.
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/535-0599-00
No decal leg wrinkling complaints that I am aware of there.
Again I am strongly against plastic and felt protectors. Use at your own risk.

These look like a good solution to the problem. Wonder why you're strongly against felt or plastic protectors? I've used both on a minimum of 30 games and they work great.

So from what I can tell the sound and the decal issues are ones CGC has NOT addressed yet (I'm sure theres others)? I just turned on my AFMRLE at its loud on level 8. Also does CGC's have actual new hardware that allows for software updates or do u need an actual chip from CGC?

#3198 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

For those that have other CGC remake LEs - were the leg bolts powder coated to match the legs?

Nope....not on any of my remakes

#3202 1 year ago
Quoted from per3per3:

Received my SE this past Friday and really enjoying it. Unfortunately the cab decals have some issues out of the box which I'm not happy about. I've included pics and submitted a ticket.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Wow thats terrible...its almost as if the decals were bad from the beginning? The only good news is it's towards the back of the game.

#3211 1 year ago
Quoted from per3per3:

As the owner, I hope so as well. Not really sure what they will do in a case like this. This type of issue certainly serves to devalue the machine. I don't have the skills or time to fix it...assuming fixing it is even possible. I'm not going to transfer it into a new cab. Monetary compensation or a topper are the only things I can think of

If history means anything probably the only thing they will offer is a new set of decals....personally I would have them replace your game if thats their only solution to the problem.

#3212 1 year ago
Quoted from RA77:

I have had felt go tacky after a while and it will stick to the decal, if you try to remove the felt the decal may get damaged. Its ok if you never wish to remove it I guess.
I think the color coded plastic protectors look great, however these a rigid and quite thick. These protectors make hard contact against the cab decals. Under certain conditions heat and stress ( game nudging ) the legs will put extra pressure against the decals, this can sometimes lead to decal bunching or bubbling.

wow....I've never had felt go tacky on me, but I'm in a mild low humidity type of environment ! I guess I'm not that big of a nudger

#3276 1 year ago

Has anyone heard anything from CGC on this issue?

Good question....I'd also like to know if anyone has heard anything about the volume issue?

#3287 1 year ago
Quoted from vikeking27:

Dead silence on both my tickets for over a month now. Not sure what the deal is - they were very responsive at one point.

Wow thats crazy ! I wonder whats going on with CGC's customer support?

#3326 1 year ago
Quoted from EZ-Rhino:

Thanks for the tip!

As for the Harbor Freight cart, do you have the 500lbs or 1000lbs capacity lift and did you have to do any modification to the upright handle to enable useful functionality for lifting / moving your machines? (You can just PM me if you'd rather not clutter the thread with this since it is a bit off topic). Thanks!

I have the 500 lb capacity lift. The handle is removable, which is the only way the cart will work on pinball machines.

#3378 1 year ago

So has CGC responded to anyone yet i.e. leg/decal issues? Im curious what their remedy is? Probably send u new decals and expect you to install

#3402 1 year ago
Quoted from MaxIsDead:

What can be done for those of us with ruined decals? Seems like we are screwed cause who is going to replace their decals? No one.......

Did u submit a formal ticket ? I totally agree that removing and installing decals is a total pain in the ass so very few will go through the effort. Unfortunately CGC doesn't have many options in remedying the problem. It will be interesting to see how they resolve the issue.

#3406 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

I’m sure CGC will take care of those with issues but think it’s unreasonable for them to scrap thousands of existing legs and wait for the leg manufacturers to fix the root cause when mitigating the problem at home takes just a few minutes and a few dollars.

I agree scraping all the legs is problematic as CGC doesn't need another reason to delay getting games out the door; however Its their responsibility to remedy with zero cost to the customer + DYI fixes always come with risks and blowback from manufacturers. Whether that means buying thicker leg protectors, including felt, and or screws its certainly CGC's responsibility. Cheaper than sending a new set of decals to customers that are affected.

#3408 1 year ago
Quoted from MaxIsDead:

oh I guess I'll open a ticket, but we all know where this is going. Legs and Decals. Meh

I would so at least u have a formal record of the issue....and yep we know where this is going

#3410 1 year ago
Quoted from Ripper:

What are people's thoughts on values?
Like, it's great that CCR is a thing because it makes it more accessible, but the original will always be the original. I think I would rather have a minty original than the remake.
Just curious on opinions?

I think there will be a camp where the purists will always prefer the original games (MM, AFM, MB). I've owned both and definitely prefer the remakes over the originals although I'm not a purist. The remakes have far better sound, lighting, and graphics which in my opinion improve the overall game play experience.

#3414 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Within reason. It’ll cost me maybe a couple of dollars to buy some hex screws at the hardware store and I’ll have them immediately. Orders of magnitude less than what it would cost in time/labor/shipping for CGC and distributors to do it for me.
The takeaway here is that CGC is working to solve the problem going forward and willing to help those with decal damage. Yes, many aren’t going to/can’t replace damaged decals but I don’t think it’s reasonable for CGC to pay for someone to come to your house and replace them either.
CGC builds anticipated warranty expense into the cost of its games. I don’t want to see the cost of future games inflated because they start putting extreme cases in the projection because some owners aren’t willing to be even the least bit proactive. Or worse, just effectively drop warranty coverage like JJP.

Yea I stopped buying NIB JJP games due to their lack of warranty. My point is CGC should provide a solution to the problem and not the customer, and provide that solution with the game. My guess is they will as the last thing they want to do is send out a bunch of decals.

#3444 1 year ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Ok. I'll bite.
WHERE ARE THE LEs????
Everyone assumes it's topper-related, but it would be nice to get an update.

Xmas !

#3465 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Good god man. It’s not the end of the world. Get new decals from CGC. I’ll find someone to install them if you can’t.
If you don’t want to be bothered, sell the game and, if you still want it, buy another.

Trust me I've seen about every issue u can possibly imagine over the years so I get that pinball is a little bit of a "roll the dice" kinda purchase. That being said your comment is easy to say when its not your game .....

#3474 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

I’ve been in the hobby over 25 years and had my share of “the world is ending” moments. I understand where he’s coming from.

I think it's frustrating when you pay top dollar for a new game. Whether we like it or not it does come with expectations. I had a damaged cabinet on a JJP NIB JJP game (Hobbit Smaug). I realized it was a challenge to send the game back, but it was their fault. I ended up settling for 3 sets of Invisiglass and repaired it myself.

#3484 1 year ago
Quoted from MaxIsDead:

As I wake up this morning I realize I am still bitter. Bitter about my ruined decals. Yep, I am still bitter about it.

I don't blame u.....hopefully CGC will come up with something that will make u happy! Unfortunately if they are truly ruined the only way to really mitigate is to replace the decals !

#3491 1 year ago
Quoted from FParker185:

Also something to take into account that I'm sure nobody wants to. Anything you buy that needs to be assembled, it comes down to the person doing the assembly to check that everything fits right and something like the legs touching the cabinet should be easily noticeable during assembly. I know I looked at mine, though I have in the past few years come across a few sets of new legs with the very same issue. For the record all 4 of my my CGC legs were fine and needed no adjustment or ask for new ones, etc.
It'd be the same thing if you went to lift the head and pinched the wires.
Just the fact that CGC has come on here and acknowledged the problem and will offer to fix the issue on a case by case basis I think is pretty outstanding customer service. Just my 2 cents

Time will tell....

#3499 1 year ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I get it. You're only going to get brand new legs and brand new decals for your man-toy of privilege, both mailed to you free of charge. What a rip.
You know what really chaps most guy's assess? NOBODY installs those decals. They sit rolled the fuck up in a tube. So ya gotta sit there with your craft beer and deluxe pizza and look at those scrapes, cuts and bubbles on that 8 mutha-fuckin-K man-toy.
I'd post the same damn complaint on internet for weeks is this happened to me. Fuckin' fuck! I just wanna kick a fucking kitten for ya! Aaaaaar!

The only things thats true about your comment is that most people leave the decals in the tube and never install....the rest of your comment is complete BS

#3501 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Sell it and buy another one, from what you claim, you can afford it.

So my guess you would be happy if your decals were damaged? No big deal right? Sure why not just get another one

1 week later
#3732 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Fingers crossed we hear from CGC soon.
I’m actually more curious what the exclusive Cactus Canyon artwork to be offered to PPS customers is.

I predicted CGC would be waaaaaaaay behind schedule, but its pretty ridiculous they don't provide updates.

#3803 1 year ago
Quoted from PoMC:

$100 LOL
I didn't click the link until you said something about the price.

Actually looks like a lot of work i.e. painting

#3815 1 year ago
Quoted from Sethman:

Believe they've crossed 750 SE by now, based on some serial #s I've seen.
Talk about milking the SEs. 9 months and no LEs yet. Other companies have navigated the supply chain hurdles, what's CGC's excuse?

Pretty typical CGC .... they have historically been 6-12 months behind schedule...its just their MO

#3817 1 year ago
Quoted from jackd104:

Maybe this is common knowledge but it is parts shortages for the topper specifically that is holding up LEs and thus SE+. CGC received a shipment of said parts 2-3 weeks ago but they were wrong or bad so they are waiting for replacement parts. From China. This from a distributor who recently visited the factory.
And yea the SE+ is “nothing more” than SE with the topper. That’s made clear on the website.

I wouldn't be surprised if they shipped SE+ before LE's

#3825 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Unless there is a new issue unique to the LEs that is not the plan. From (almost) the beginning the plan has been to deliver all LEs before SE+ games and CGC was pretty clear about that.

I understand thats what they said, but clearly they have parts for SE's .... my guess is the delay is not limited to topper parts, but of course I could be wrong.

#3869 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

I think this is a fair complaint. My initial reaction probably would have been the same.
However, I suspect when CGC decided to have the SE+ they realized the LE might have been underpriced somewhat to market expectations. But there would have been a firestorm if the SE+ was priced higher than the LE (or they raised the price of the LE!) so $9250 for the SE+ was ‘safe’. Those buyers still got the topper for $1250 - a relative bargain compared to the Elvira topper at $1000.
And don’t forget they are now going to produce about double the number of original toppers planned. Wouldn’t surprise me if the cost to do that was more per unit than the original parts order because of the supply chain issues and massive increases in shipping/container costs around the November time frame.

I doubt the parts for the topper were higher if anything probably less, and at $1250 that topper is a massive profit margin for CGC which the only reason they decided to do it.

#3880 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

The increase in price between the le with topper and models without is not increasing at the scale the topper complexity is. So it really doesn’t line up with your assertion that margin was the ‘only reason decided to do it’.
They’ve done toppers on all the games since AFM and this topper is the most expensively designed and probably most expensive BOM yet. I think their motivation is different then you assume

I highly doubt that. Maybe its not the only reason, but it was a major factor....toppers for the most part are massive profit margins, and this one is no different. AFMR and CCR were clearly more expensive to develop....MMR and MBR were static and kinda Meh (I have both)

#3891 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Again, if they were so driven by margin... they wouldn't be spending all that money developing the complex toppers they do. And if they were so driven by margin.. they wouldn't have priced the game so modestly.
Listen to CGC Doug talk about their choices and what they chose to invest it.. it's not all accounting driven.

Listen I commend CGC for not doing what JJP did....that being said if a business is not focused on profitability they wont be in business very long, and clearly margin is a big part of that. What CGC saw was a big demand for a product (topper) that they already engineered and developed, which are their sunk costs. My guess is they assumed they would sell 1250 units of that product. The fact that they are selling significantly more just adds to their bottom line, which is a good thing for CGC. I had no issue with them selling the topper separately.

#3896 1 year ago
Quoted from gjm7777:

Can we all just agree that toppers are ruining the hobby?
I get people like to mod up their machines, and I even get that some toppers actually interact with the game in a small way - but when toppers start to dictate models, or impact when models ship - what good are they?
I think CGC makes the best toppers period, but there is no way I'd hold off on getting a game based on a topper and I'm glad they still offer a regular ol' pinball machine option...

I tend to agree with you, and I'm a topper guy. I think some manufactures have realized that toppers are a big profit margin so they're now starting to make them part of the game. An example of this is Sterns JP....in my opinion kind of a shitty $600 topper (I have one), but it interacts with the game and also has an additional mode thats part of the game. So if u want the "complete" game u need to spend the $600 to get the topper....CGC is different as they include it on all LE's

#3908 1 year ago
Quoted from MaxIsDead:

Tossed the Brian Allen side art blades on today. They looks awesome!
Still bitter about my ruined cabinet decals though. BITTER
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Any proposed resolution from CGC?

#3952 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

I hear ya. My deposit was 10/29. But could be worse.
There are customers that have had a deposit down on Elvira Premium since at least as early as January 2021 waiting for Stern to start their games so some of them are going to be around the 2 year timeframe.

its the same story with CGC for every single release...its always something ... looks like my Holiday delivery estimate is right on course....

#3955 1 year ago

You definitely called this way back. I was hoping you were wrong.

I was hoping I was wrong as well, but history wasn't on that side

#3959 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

But, I'd gladly wait for as near as perfect, complete game, than to have something shipped out with too many quality issues that could of been fixed with more r&d.

Aside from the legs/decals there really haven't been any big quality issues, and the SE and LE's are basically the same game. So my guess is the delays are simply CGC inability to source LE specific parts.

#3967 1 year ago
Quoted from TeamUp:

I don't know you but it seems like a little resentment got over cooked and completely ruined this game for you. Ive had similar experiences. I think you did the right thing by moving on. That being said, I cannot disagree with you more about the game being "meh" I've beat the game plenty of times and still love playing it! For me, I play pinball for the fun factor like most and ccr just hits right and puts a smile on my face from ear to ear while playing it! I hope the new buyer is able to get on warranty to get the decals taken care of now. I thought I read that the warranty is void by second hand sale? Is there a way to bypass that?

Yep....build a relationship with whoever u sold/bought it from and if theres a major issue have them report it. This second hand warranty stuff is BS, but they all do it.

#3980 1 year ago
Quoted from RTS:

No disrespect, but you totally spin any bad news as gushing respect for CGC.
Not sure you see things clearly.

You're not wrong although I do respect his commitment to the thread, and some of the information he provides. He's slammed me several times for providing a reality check...is what it is.

#3988 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

I hope they’re making & stockpiling everything for the LE and SE+’s up to the point they can complete them and just sitting on them for final parts when they arrive. A few twists of a screwdriver and a packaged topper later and they can blast them out the door in droves! Imagine everything being held up ships simultaneously...

In an ideal world that would be great....not sure how big their factory is and how many unfinished games it can hold?

#3994 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

That would be a major undertaking. Not a sneak.

They have challenges with one title so lets not introduce the second at this moment

#4028 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:The best solution is to be transparent and convincing. They don’t need to be granular just make a convincing, believable case and update as appropriate.
This is how businesses that respect their customer operate.
The truth is CGC doesn’t because they know they don’t have to. People aren’t going to go anywhere and basically have no alternative.
Last night i had to work through Microsoft having a complete total outage of their platform. Not only do they admit there was a problem, and plan for the cadence of updates, but they admitted they screwed up. The difference is they know customers will hold them accountable if they don’t.
Companies like CGC still think hiding behind the walls is the way to manage communications. It’s absurd and the only way they get away with it is because they are the single source. Of course given how they handle launches too… it’s par for ghe course.

Totally agree...I think all the bitching, moaning, and arm chair quarterbacking would end if CGC was transparent. In the end people just want to know whats going on, and theres an expectation of that when u put down $. I've been dealing with them for so long it no longer frustrates, but it still boggles my mind that they have ZERO desire to provide updates to their customer base.

#4030 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

This entire response was unnecessary if you read the part of the conversation that said…
“(if the issue is infact just parts in the topper)”

We all have a pretty good idea that it's just not the topper. My guess is its multiple LE related parts, and I'm sure this leg issue isn't helping them get games out the door.

#4031 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

I agree.
I thought most would want to understand why the delay. But if the general reaction is going to be pissing and moaning and armchair quarterbacking rather than ‘oh, good to know’ then it’s probably better to not bother in the future. It’s not like CGC doesn’t know what to do and needs our help to figure it out. And exactly why none of the manufacturers like to update end users, especially on Pinside.
I’ll step back and just leave the production info sharing to others.

We're all armchair quarterbacking including yourself ! It's what happens when a company doesn't feel it's necessary to communicate to customers. Most would be happy if CGC just came out and said "Unfortunately we are having problems sourcing topper parts, powder coated legs, and aprons for the LE model. Due to this we are probably another year from starting LE production". Not great news, but most people would understand

#4036 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:Oh come on. The first response to that would likely be an “I told you so!” from you.
Next others would chime in - “why so long?”, “can’t you find another supplier?’, “I don’t care about the powder coat just ship the game”, etc.
If ‘most people would understand’ then they should already understand that CGC wants to deliver the games as much as you want them and be patient enough to wait. If not, or you don’t want the game anymore, I’m sure you can get any deposit back. And if you drop an LE there are plenty of people that will want to pick it up.

I always knew there was little chance CGC would deliver on the timelines you were stating. All CGC has to say is we will not ship games until they are 100% complete....some may bitch, but who cares at that point. My point is they say nothing so that leaves everyone guessing, speculating, and basically making stuff up including both u and I.

#4042 1 year ago
Quoted from turbo2nr:

pssst, Mirco makes the CCr playfields in Germany I am 99.9% sure.
CGC or Church hasn't made any playfields in forever bro.

Im pretty sure CGC makes all their play fields in house

#4049 1 year ago
Quoted from TooMetal:

So Tales of the Arabian Nights is going to be the next CGC remake?

Maybe....on schedule for a 2025 release

#4052 1 year ago

My bad...your probably correct

#4088 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:Love how the pinside community tries to resolve this is issue but the company holding thousands and thousands of deposit dollars is not heard from ...

They don't feel its necessary to communicate to buyers...apparently its too much effort

#4095 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Yes they do. And when it's all sorted out and what to do about it. You'll hear from them.
There could be a lot involved. Manufacturing defect - can who made the legs fix it. Who sold the legs ? CGC bought the legs.
With so many involved this isn't an over night fix.
Right now the main thing is open a ticket so CGC can get in touch with you when the time comes.

I get it....it wasn't yesterday....it was 3 weeks ago

#4134 1 year ago

Maybe CGC should just order legs from Stern? I just picked up a new game, and one of my leg bolts was stripped so I had to rehab the threads. In doing so I noticed that the Stern legs avoid the decals by a good 1/8"

#4139 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Why would CGC order legs from Stern? Stern doesn’t make them; they order from a supplier like everyone else.

Well find out who the supplier is ... its not rocket science....this is such a trivial issue thats causing unnecessary drama for CGC

#4142 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

And yet you want to create unnecessary drama because you want them to magically fix the problem overnight.

Listen I get your roll is to defend CGC on every single issue so you don't piss off your "source" as for some reason u think your getting inside information? This particular one is pretty simple to figure out, and to be clear this isn't my issue as I won't get my LE until probably Q1 2023 so I really have no horse in this race except I'd like to hear from CGC that they've resolved, and all the customers who are affected taken care of.

#4149 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

I’m not here to defend CGC any more than you are to bash them every chance you get.
Let’s say it’s as simple as you think. Let’s say they test and sort all the legs they have on hand to see how many need to be replaced. And the supplier is fixing the problem and sending a new batch. Why don’t you tell us when the new legs are coming in?
What if all the legs for the LEs were powder coated already and most/all of them need to be replaced. When will that be done?
What if there is a new solution being engineered (say new metal protectors)? How long does it take to get thousands of those produced?
How are the logistics of getting new parts to end users that have their game going to be handled? What’s the distributor’s role? What do you do with unboxed games?
Sounds pretty simple. Do you have any of those answers? Of course you don’t. And yet you seem to think CGC is just sitting around doing nothing or not working to take care of their customers.
Contrary to what you might think, I don’t have any “inside source” to protect. I learn things by asking questions of people in the know and sometimes they (and others) volunteer information (probably because they know I’m excited about the product and I’m reasonable and trustworthy).
I’m sorry the responses CGC provided here when they were made aware of the situation aren't good enough for you, but it’s all we have now.

Once again you jump to conclusions, and are entirely wrong in your assumptions. Do I think CGC is doing nothing? Absolutely not I assume they've come up with some sort of plan or possibly plans to address this issue. I don't have those answers (not my responsibility), but clearly CGC could easily communicate the action plan to distributors and then to customers. If that means it's another 6 month delay then so be it at least customers know, and can plan accordingly. I have a lot of games, and an empty spot waiting to be filled, which is for CCRLE, but may get something else in the interim if its gonna be another 6-12 months. Instead what they do is remain silent and leave everyone in the dark, which will always be mind boggling to me so I just vent my frustration here so I can irritate u I've been a customer since the MMRLE release, which is what 8+ years, and its always been the same thing (yea I know I keep coming back). How many months ago did u say LE's would start being delivered? I was the one saying u were smoking crack, and it appears I was right.

#4243 1 year ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

If this is correct, LE owners better start training themselves now NOT to use the apron to lift the playfield.....

Possibly, although my WOZ LE has a wood apron and it was perfectly fine, and as most know that game is friggin heavy

2 weeks later
#4534 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

I waited 3 years for my ECLEWOZ from a company that was unproven and unknown.
$6500 was a lot of money for a game that no one had seen yet.
I waited 2 more years for meaningful code updates.
What a masterpiece in the end.
This wait is nothing IMHO...
I will never sell it...

Well JJP was a new company trying to get their first game out the door. CGC has been doing this for years and years yet still have significant problems getting games out the door (its always been that way). I was around when they made their first MMRLE and that took almost two years, but it was their first go around so most were pretty patient. My only MAJOR issue with CGC is they feel its NOT necessary to communicate with REAL customers. In my mind it's arrogant and disrespectful, but also realize thats just the way they are built. Most buyers don't really care when they get their game, but most would at a minimum like to understand whats going first hand, and that appears to be impossible for CGC. It would literally take them 15 minutes to draft an email to send to distributors and then on to their respective customers.....

#4548 1 year ago
Quoted from JSC:

CGC was active in this thread when they announced the pin and were pushing initial sales. It would take them 5 minutes to post an update now that they have non refundable deposits. It’s weird to me the message in only being delivered second hand with few details.

Its hard to believe anything that doesn't come directly from CGC, and the few videos showing game play with CGC reps have been very cryptic and misleading.

#4552 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

Can all be put to bed with straight answers from the horses mouth. I don’t like wishy washy vagueness. If the answer was a good one they’d be proud to come out and give an update. The fact that they’re not saying much tells me they’re stalling as long as possible to avoid painful truths. You’re spot on regarding companies that pump and communicate in the forums during rollout and sales but then ghost us when it comes time to delivering on promises and being accountable. That’s bad form. It should be the same level of engagement on both ends.

100% spot on....they also don't respond to emails as I've sent several with ZERO response.

#4562 1 year ago
Quoted from gorditas:You might want to talk to someone who ordered appliances, furniture, or a car in the past two years. "You'll get it when you get it" is exactly what multiple friends and neighbors were told. Friends who work for Ford are still waiting on their Bronco. My GM friends are still waiting on their Corvettes. There is a massive lot not far from here by the old Willow Run bomber factory with hundreds of Broncos awaiting parts. These lots exist all over the country. A neighbor in the front of my sub is in charge of a program that moves those vehicles tires so many degrees every so many days to prevent tire and rotor issues.

I bought a new ride recently and was given an approximate delivery date, and it turned out it came in early....I was NEVER told "you'll get it when u get it"

#4598 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

I’m probably going to regret asking this but how should they be held accountable?
The only way I know how is to vote with my wallet. I have voted by keeping my order in place.
The quality of the product is important to me. When I get my game is far less so because I’m going to have it for years and I have plenty to play while I wait.

I agree that the only way is with your wallet

#4603 1 year ago
Quoted from paynemic:

I’m also voting with my wallet. I can wait and I’m staying in on my LE. The standard is SO good I will happily wait for the upgraded one.

I'm sure you'll receive the game in the next 12 months +/- 6 months

#4605 1 year ago
Quoted from gorditas:

That's wonderful. I'm thankful for you that your particular vehicle didn't have those supply issues. Call a dealer and ask about ordering the two vehicles I mentioned, or an F150, Expedition, or Navigator. Those are just ones I know of through friends at suppliers (seats, dashes, door panels) executives, and dealers.
It is nice and green where I live. That doesn't mean that there isn't a drought out west.

Maybe its a regional problem as I've ordered and received the following the past year:

1. Ford F150 loaded - was given an estimated delivery date - received prior to that date
2. New Washer / Dryer - was given an estimated delivery date of 4-6 weeks - received in 3 weeks
3. New couches and bedroom furniture for the kids - was given an estimated delivery date of 8-12 weeks - received in 10 weeks

So my point is I have NEVER ordered any high end item and not been given an estimated delivery date.

#4610 1 year ago
Quoted from galore2112:

It seems so odd that they can produce the standard version without “supply chain” issues but somehow that topper is made from Chinese unobtainium?!
I would just ship the LEs without that topper to keep customers happy and follow up with a topper shipment when they are able to make them.
It seems such a pointless, avoidable loss of reputation.

Anyone's guess, but its probably not just the topper parts

#4620 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

The topper parts in question are not “unobtainium”. The vendor delivered the order but did not make them to CGC’s specs. The arms were too long. Doesn’t take an engineer to figure out how well those would work on the topper. It’s likely the replacement order hasn’t arrived yet.

Why would a company that has made wood products for decades contract that out? I’d be stunned to hear that the LE aprons are made by someone other than CGC.

So you're saying they make the wooden apron in house? Who knows maybe you're correct, but I highly doubt the topper arms are the only missing pieces to this unknown puzzle? I mean lets get realistic about this situation. If it was truly just topper arms then why wouldn't they ship out the completed games with the topper strapped to the top of the game in their standard wooden box, and then send out the arms when they arrive?

#4661 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

Why is Ryan going to go back on Flip N Out to stream another evening of CCr (this time with the ((prototype)) topper) if all the LEs are sold out? They’re not shipping product but they want to push more SE+ sales? I don’t get it. Nobody has yet to see a full production LE and topper in person. CGC can’t update customers with PO’s but Ryan can stream the game for four hours?! I’m confused.

To give more vague misleading answers .... he's waaaaaayyyyy too busy to provide real updates.

#4677 1 year ago
Quoted from Menthelm:

Didn't they do this with MMr? Pretty sure they did lol. It will happen.

Nope...entirely different animal..when CGC made the Royal they upgraded the display size, lighting, and added a topper. CGC basically gave the original MMR owners the ability to upgrade their games to meet the Royal standards by buying a new display, topper, and a RGB lighting kit. I actually just bought the topper since tossing a perfectly fine display in the trash made no sense to me.

CCR topper was just a cash grab from CGC . Once they realized the LE's sold out so quickly (didn't happen on MBRLE or AFMRLE) they decided to sell the topper for $1250 to the SE guys (which is fine)....as it turns out they don't know how to make it

#4685 1 year ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Literally don’t care. Plenty of awesome pinball in the mean time.

Good for u....many don't have that luxury

#4686 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

Reluctantly, I placed an order for CC SE + topper.
I say reluctantly because I am starting to run out of room, I moved to Florida (no basement) so I am confined to a decent size room but it is not as big as I would like. So, am almost out of room. Actually hope that it's not coming too soon since I did buy a load of pins in the past 18 months (DP, BM66, GZ, JP).
I wanted to see the next Stern release before ordering but was worried that the +topper editions might dry up. 100% buying this pin with the topper, for me, CGC has the best toppers.

I wouldn't worry about it...my guess is many CCR LE's will pop up on the market place once they go into production, and at that time I highly doubt there will be much of a mark up (if any) as the market is softening. You can probably get an LE for about the same cost as an SE+topper, and possibly get it sooner?

#4693 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I'll take that bet

Quoted from jkashani:

We’re not talking about Rush or TS4 LE. I seriously doubt your predictions.

We'll see... a lot can happen in 12 months...

#4696 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

So you're saying we will have it within 12 months?

Well my initial prediction (which u guys all shit on) was Christmas so le'ts hope.

#4700 1 year ago

I remember you getting a lot of flak for your prediction. It's almost like you've gone through this all before many times and learned the CGC ways

I was hoping I was wrong, but I've seen the CGC movie too many times .... the good news is they always shipped the game

#4710 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

If only CGC would change the tune…

Nah....just the way they're built...although I guess dreams are free

#4711 1 year ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Everybody has that luxury. It’s a luxury item by definition. Nobody has their money locked up right now. Buy another pin and play it. Sell it for similar price when the le ships. Nobody needs to cry poverty when buying a $9000 game.
Again, I’m just shocked by the negativity considering we’ve ALL seen this play out SO many times. It’s just unnecessary drama imo.

Is pinball a luxury? Hmmm I just assumed it was a nice to have for home entertainment....many people are not in a situation to own or buy a lot of games and budget for a titlel.

#4727 1 year ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Cliffy at the drain issue, yes. I just slightly bump the machine it happens so rarely. If it gets bad, I plan on removing the cliffy. It's a drain hole ffs, I don't care if it gets dinged up. Lol. I'm not sure about adjusting any switches

I wasn't aware that CGC was using actual "Cliffy" protectors? I thought they made their own?

#4732 1 year ago

They are not Cliffy's. Seems any metal protector gets called that now.

Thats what I thought !

#4734 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Inside CGC hq...
[quoted image]
I mean.. I said this back in January... and now...
[quoted image]

Pretty accurate...

#4755 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Same on the remake we bought. Beat it very quickly, which is unusual for me. But it just didn't click here. Hoping the issues get fixed and shipping starts soon

Whats the definition of soon?

#4767 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

One day earlier than “later”.

Now I'm thinking you might actually work for CGC as thats how they would respond

#4769 1 year ago
Quoted from MacGruber:

Right I gota say I've had unbelievable bad luck I swear I've had more problems then the rest of this thread put together and still under 200 plays! On the bright side so far all I can find wrong is the the blue interactive lights are down. Gona fill out a ticket and just keep playing!

I'm sure they'll replace that board pronto ....

#4778 1 year ago
Quoted from MacGruber:

Not sure if you had the "sarcastic font" on so I couldn't like it but If not it looks like you're correct! Ryan and CGC have been taking some heat lately but for the record wifey said he already responded to the ticket and a new board is going out first thing tomorrow just gota return this one for an autopsy!

Nope....they are very good at supporting games. Especially at replacing faulty parts. Manufacturing is an entirely different question

#4831 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Ryan’s estimate is based on what they know now.
Everyone wanted “tell us what you know now” and we got it. I would hate to see anyone make him regret it.

Right

#4900 1 year ago

Any official word from CGC on leg gate along with the customers who have had sound issues? or are they radio silent on both topics?

#4905 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

Ditto on sound issue. Issued a ticket, and no word back on that one.

How long since u issued your ticket?

#4962 1 year ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

Has anyone heard any rumors of when the LE's might start shipping out?

My guess 2 -4 months....when CGC says 6 weeks it usually means at least 12

#4965 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Can my friend have your spot? I don't think you'll make it

Nah....I don't want to ruin my streak of waiting years for all my CGC games

#4969 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

I heard PtownPin’s game will be delivered last to ensure he won’t be disappointed by CGC’s schedule.

I wouldn't be surprised....summer 2023

#4972 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

You can ask questions ? Just nothing negative about CGC!

God forbid anyone talk smack about CGC's short comings ....especially jfh who I'm convinced is getting perks from CGC

#5008 1 year ago
Quoted from fixintoplay:

Yeah, that's because you have a wife who's creative and handy like that. I have a wife, too, but if I talked her into helping me, we'd end up in divorce court. I tried applying blades to my DEJP by myself with the playfield up. It was a disaster.

Ive installed a couple dozen game blades, and I can attest there is zero need to remove the playfield. There are a lot of videos on youtube that walk u through the steps. I personally like the wet method (lightly), but many apply them dry.

#5018 1 year ago
Quoted from ClassicHornet:

With the pineapple still wedged pretty tight; and the issues are more than a few, I’m seriously considering backing out of this one, I’ll just continue to restore 90’s B/W to new. The longer this goes on; the less interested I become…..& at the moment I really couldn’t give a fuck wether I get it or not !

My guess is many are thinking the same thing although won't admit it

#5021 1 year ago
Quoted from paynemic:

I’d be shocked if that were true. Let’s hear from everybody! I’m staying in for sure. Can’t run the new code on a original Cc

Nah....could be many things....state of the general economy, tired of waiting, different titles/new releases, etc....I mean who knows....I'm used to waiting with CGC so I'll wait it out early next year.

#5114 1 year ago
Quoted from gorditas:

Cactus Canyon is the first game I've beaten, and only once. I've come close on MMR a few times. My other three games are so deep (Star Wars, Wonka LE, and IJTPA) that I have seen most of the modes, but will likely never complete them all in one game. The final mode in Indy requires you to hit every switch in the game. I don't see that happening. I'm still having loads of fun with CCR, and it is a guest favorite. If you only had one game, would you get bored with CCR? Sure. But in a collection, it is a great game that is easy to understand, funny, and challenging when the hurry-ups are in progress.

The reason I really enjoy MMR, AFMR, MBR is they are very approachable, quirky, and really easy for people to quickly understand the rules. I've beaten all three several times, but I still come back for more. When u get to modern games like most JJP games (except TS4 as I don't own that one) the rules are so complex that u need to play regularly to understand the rules. WW is the only JJP game that I've actually beaten, and the others don't get a lot of play.

#5116 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

That's my problem with having so many games and also I don't play a lot. I bet I would be able to reach the end of some games like AFM, Tron, Stern PotC but I just never play them enough times, that might be my goal as start to work less. I don't golf or fish or whatnot so will have more time to dig into my pinball machines.

Thats exactly my problem....I don't have the time to play my modern games enough to really understand the rules. For whatever reason JJP WW really resonated to me so I played it quite a bit (a couple hundred games) and really understood the rules, which is probably why my JJP POTC sits around and probably has less than a hundred games MY B/W CGC games get more play by myself and kids as they actually know the rules. Try explaining Sterns JP, LOTR, or TWD dead to a 10 year old although they do like Alien

2 weeks later
#5328 1 year ago
Quoted from GreenMachine19:

I work in troubleshooting and maintenance and I agree intermittent is the hardest to solve if it doesn’t recur. My sound issue doesn’t go away. It’s on all the time.

If they were really working on the issue then CGC would have replaced your board, and requested your sound board so they can analyze. My guess is they've done nothing or very little, which is why nobody has heard boo from them on the issue.

#5337 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Why do you even bother with CGC? For a supposed fan of their games you make Debbie Downer seem like the ultimate optimist.
If you have facts to back up your derogatory accusation, please share.
Otherwise, as my mother was fond of saying, if you don’t have anything nice to say - don’t say anything at all.

Thats a good question, and it will probably end with this title. Why do u continue to defend a company for their clear short comings? Oh yea your the half glass full guy who claimed CGC would be shipping LE"s 6 months ago based on your "inside" information, and when I called BS u make the same Debbie downer comments .....give me a break I call it as I see it .... I will never accept poor customer service as the status quo especially on a $9K toy.

#5347 1 year ago

Unlike Williams DMD era, remakes don't have a sound board.
Which is why addressing it isn't easy.

Thats great....can u share details?

3 weeks later
#5778 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

It’s been 4 weeks since the update email from my distributor said CGC would ship in 3-4 weeks.
[quoted image]

Shocker as CGC is so great at communicating with customers....I mean come on its only been a year

#5787 1 year ago
Quoted from pb456:

Thinking of selling my spot for the SE + through Pinball Star.
Any interest?
Also have Flyland art blades and alt translite. My SE + will also have mirrored backglass and shaker.

Makes sense...could be another year before u get it

1 week later
#5893 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

Btw, any shipping notifications - or nah?
*crickets

You mean u didn't get an email from CGC giving u an update on manufacturing? I mean come on its only been a year with basically crickets on the communication front...

#5899 1 year ago
Quoted from J_Striker:

I am an LE number match and no final invoice for me yet

I was asked for my past three LE numbers as well....that was probably 11+ months ago...I haven't heard word one sense.

#5909 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Your distributor is supposed to handle that.

Quoted from Pinballer73:

Not in all instances. I was advised by my distributor to contact Ryan directly, which I did and never received a reply.

I've sent several emails with no reply...distributors can only communicate what CGC tells them so if they tell them NOTHING than its crickets

#5911 1 year ago
Quoted from insight75:

Heard from Sara of PPS yesterday....they are still waiting to hear from Chicago about shipments of the LEs.... No new info....

Sara and PPS are great...

#5912 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Looks like no seminar ?
Cowards!

zero upside .... I mean what are they gonna say ?

#5948 1 year ago
Quoted from alveolus:

Indeed, someone corral Ryan or some CGC rep and shake them down for info!

I can already tell you what he'll say......"soon"

#6045 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

2023 ..... jokingly posted this date probably on page 2 of this thread !
super sad that this has become fact !
better put my deposit in for the next remake in 2034 !
Happy Anniversary to my deposit !

I knew it wasn't a joke The delays are disappointing, but pretty typical of CGC. It appears they are the worst in the industry at getting games out the door.

#6071 1 year ago
Quoted from seenev:

I feel like I got screwed out of getting a spot when orders opened, so I refuse to pay above msrp.

Better off waiting for all the LE's to be delivered ... whenever that is ?

#6080 1 year ago
Quoted from seenev:

I like the LE package with the wooden apron and other upgrades. If I'm going to spend the money, I want to get the one that looks the best. The MSRP for the LE was very reasonable. It's really frustrating that they won't sell it to me just because they put an arbitrary number on it. Give me the LE package without the number and I'm in. Ask me to pay the same price for just the SE and topper? No.
I tried to get a spot in the lead up to the release, but I never heard back from planetary and they said they never got my email. They later said if I proved to them that I sent an email, I'd go on the wait list. Just a really frustrating process all around, so that's why I won't pay a premium. I tried to buy it early and they were so disorganized that I missed my chance.

Why would anyone sell one at MSRP when they've waited over a year to get the game and in the mean time pinball pricing has gotten stupid crazy ? I've had nothing but great experiences with Sara and PP

#6085 1 year ago
Quoted from seenev:

Yeah. Probably. And people ask why I don't just buy an SE. CGC could easily have my business if they would just meet demand on the LE model, but they're playing this game of exclusion and I'm not going to reward them with a sale for it. They're going to have fewer sales overall with this approach. I wonder if CGC even wants customers sometimes.

Huh? Stern seems to be doing fine with the same business model

#6100 1 year ago
Quoted from seenev:

The difference between a stern LE and Premium is very different from the difference between a CCr LE and SE. I don't think that's a reasonable comparison. The CCr LE has upgrades on the playfield that the SE does not have.

Stern LE and Premiums have the exact same game play and rules. Basically the only difference between the two is eye candy, armor, glass, and powder coating. Possibly I'm wrong here, but doesn't the SE or SE+ have the same exact same game play and rules as the LE? Aside from the eye candy (armor, apron, topper, etc...) isn't it the exact same game?

#6107 1 year ago

CGC should heavily discount the software upgrade (like they did with the original MMRLE buyers) as a gift for taking well over a year to deliver the game

#6110 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

So discount for year + waiting for game
Discount for an other year waiting for software.
FREE SOFTWARE FOE EVERYONE !

I dont know about free, but I think a good discount is warranted for the massive delays....every other manufacturer has no problem pumping out games yet for some reason CGC can't seem to get it done

#6112 1 year ago

His statement was that it is worth the increased cost for an LE from CGC.
You get a topper, shaker motor, fancy apron, side art, additional sculpts and powder coated trim for $1250. Which is a very reasonable amount of things for the increased price.
With Stern you get side art, powder coating, different art, invisible glass, a designer signature, and a shaker motor for $3300 more. You don't even get a topper at that price. They aren't really worth the increased cost.

I agree with that....clearly there's way more value on the CCRLE ...

#6152 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

If they ever deliver them ..

No doubt .... crazy how bad CGC is at getting LE's out the door, but I'd be lying if I didn't expect it .... and if u think its only going to take them 4 months to get them all built than your smoking crack!

#6195 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

It’s pretty crazy not to get a little assembly line shot or teaser thrown out from CGC to show that things are happening.

Well we haven't seen one because "NOTHING" is happening.

#6196 1 year ago
Quoted from RA77:

Yeah JJP dropped the ball on that shit. CE GnR parts were a free for all for a while.

Huh? CE GNR parts? I dont think people were allowed to purchase the topper, armor or the other misc CE only add on's.....LOIR made copies, but I dont think JJP sold them separately

#6296 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

And we don’t actually have evidence that any distributors did.
They could have asked for final payment after receiving word from CGC and then something changed. (I don’t know what that could be, but I doubt anyone at CGC said “Your games are ready to ship” and then followed up with “Just Kidding!”)

Even you are having a hard time defending CGC's incompetence...My guess is once again CGC promised shipping and they dropped the ball.....AGAIN

1 week later
#6808 1 year ago

If the news of further delays is true then why are we hearing this second hand? You mean to tell me that Ryan (CGC) tells a random customer (no disrespect) of the delays yet CGC doesn't feel the need to tell its distribution network? I find it hard to believe that CGC wouldn't officially communicate delays to PPS let alone all the distributors.

#6810 1 year ago

I don't. Bad communication is their MO...

True, but distributors like PPS actually requested full payment from customers so u would think they would be told of the delay? PPS is on this forum so maybe they can comment?

#6812 1 year ago
Quoted from V8haha:

PPS has done nothing wrong i think their just getting conflicting info from CGC.
Game now topper later these machines have fantastic margins they can afford a small expense like this.
If it’s true that we will have to wait till 2023 then i need to buy another game in the meantime to fill a slot on route.

I'm NOT suggesting PPS has done anything wrong. I'm just surprised CGC would tell something as big as another delay to a random customer versus actually telling their licensing partner.

#6814 1 year ago
Quoted from PPS:

We have not heard anything ... in the meantime will be more productive by giving more time to play with our German Shepherd vs pinside ... lol

WOW....and I don't blame u

#6818 1 year ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

It came from a distributor not Ryan

Oh gotcha...thanks for the clarification....still a little surprising that PPS wasn't given the same information

#6821 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Not really. This is a third hand report without confirmation by the distributor in question. Interesting, maybe true, but not enough to do anything with.

Well if its TRUE than YES its surprising that PPS wasn't notified. Since they replied that they have NOT then maybe theres no validity to the rumor (I have no idea). This is exactly the problem with CGC. Information is always relayed via random comments on live streams, rumors, and third hand information....they need to control the narrative versus letting the rumor mill run wild.

#6835 1 year ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

At what point do we declassify CGC as a professional pinball manufacturer and re-list them as hobbyists? Because, even though as a satisfied MBrLE NIB owner, I thought my 7 month wait was unprofessional, but >12 months?!?! You guys must be saints…

Almost two years for my MMRLE although many gave them a hall pass because it was their first game....

#6865 1 year ago
Quoted from flipperstick:

Anybody have the speaker box magnet they want to sell? Looking for somebody stateside who maybe ordered more than one, or does not want it anymore.
[quoted image]

You might want to contact PPS as once this was released they claimed they were going to make one

#6882 1 year ago
Quoted from sizzler747:

Yeah I wonder if they ever plan on making that or not???

Who knows, but at the time PPS claimed the guy was infringing on their IP. They also said they had one in the works. I have no idea if they ended up making the product or not.

3 weeks later
#7690 1 year ago

I got the PPS email as well. Reading between the lines it appears CGC isn't pumping out these games very fast (if at all). PPS said they received an initial allocation, but basically have no idea when the balance of their orders will be fulfilled. They did say it would probably be at least another 6 months or longer....

#7705 1 year ago
Quoted from polishedball:

Why did I have to see what invisiglass or whatever it is called looks like on a machine this past weekend, now I really want to add it. I am curious though if playing with invisiglass messes with you when you go on location to play. thoughts

I have Invisiglass, PDI, Voodoo on all my games....in my opinion it's a massive difference (my environment is pretty bright). I would buy the cheapest one u can get delivered to your house. The premium u pay for PDI isn't worth it (IMHO)

#7707 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

Track record... ‘Nuff said.
[quoted image]

I think even jfh is having difficulties defending CGC's incompetence in getting games out the door.

#7725 1 year ago
Quoted from TooMetal:

Is what Zach Meny said about CGC production yesterday on the Pinball Show good enough information? He said that PPS was the only distributor to get games so far, that it was a very limited number of units (like 31 units total), and that Ryan from CGC was able to get Zach an LE for his personal collection by Zach agreeing that his LE could be displayed and played at Pincinnati. Zach added that the production rate should increase significantly in another 2 or 3 weeks. This information, along with the posts on here from LE owners who have received their machines, makes me believe that there still is something preventing CGC from producing units at the desired rate. I think this is a reasonable logical inference that can be made given the facts we know. If you are sitting inside a building with no windows and somebody walks in from outside wearing a wet raincoat and carrying an umbrella, you know it is raining out even if you did not see the rain and nobody told you it was raining.

This isn't a surprise, and actually makes a lot of sense (the fact that CGC only shipped 31 games). The next excuse is they slowed down due to the holidays

#7730 1 year ago

Thats awesome

#7736 1 year ago
Quoted from Ktmat32:

It’s funny how just a few days ago I was admonished for even questioning or inferring that due to lack of activity there could possibly be production challenges, and yet here we are with confirmation there continues to be production challenges. Another reminder for CGC that transparent communication goes a long ways, it would be so appreciated if they just let us know so we aren’t left wondering and coming to our own conclusions. And IMO, really disappointing that Ryan/CGC ran victory laps and posted pics for getting a very small number of machines shipped, if they were already aware production was not sustainably ramped up to keep it going. Here’s hoping significant increase in production does happen in the next 2-3 weeks, but at this point I wouldn’t advise anyone to hold their breath. And with this experience and their track record, it would honestly have to be the perfect game for me to want to order another CGC game after this. What a disappointing experience.

Yea for whatever reason CGC just can't get their shit together. This will be my 4th CGC LE, and without a doubt my last....its just not worth it to do business with a company that is so arrogant they can't see fit to communicate to their customers/distributors. I get why they don't post on PinSide, but theres no excuse for not providing honest updates to their distribution channel.

#7746 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

No. They are just fed up with Pinside.

Are they fed up with their distribution network as well?

#7751 1 year ago
Quoted from JSC:

CGC strategically has chosen to post in here when it’s to their benefit. They aren’t fed up with pinside when they want to sell games or share good news. Their continued lack of communication on the status of LES warrants criticism that does not require the sign off of the OP.

Just wait until their next release...they'll be all over PinSide

#7788 1 year ago
Quoted from zpinman370:

I wish they would get it together before our Canuck Peso loses more value!!! At todays rates we are looking at over $14K with taxes -UGH

Wow thats crazy....Odds are they will, but who knows when? We might be looking at another 6-8 months before LE's are delivered.....For whatever reason they've really screwed up this release...

#7838 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Yes I have a game that had money down on day one ...
So a little update if they will ever be able to ship one out of the USA would be a nice tid bit of info ...
Emailed CGC however no answer.

I emailed twice with no response....

#7862 1 year ago
Quoted from srmonte:

Doug doesn't pay you enough for this. And you don't run a very good PR campaign for them

Its very entertaining seeing jfh defend CGC....priceless ...

#7870 1 year ago
Quoted from srmonte:

Hey did you hear that? me either. They said stuff????

To my knowledge they haven't officially said anything. The one company I believe is PPS who basically said they have no idea when CGC will deliver their LE allotment....reading between the lines they are as frustrated with CGC as anyone.

#7957 1 year ago

So has CGC reached out to existing SE owners about a design flaw? I read earlier that current CGC delays are due to an existing design flaw? Is this true or just rumor?

#7961 1 year ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

I wouldn’t necessarily call it a design flaw but just redesigning a very small part in the game

Can u explain? certainly sounds like a flaw if they've stopped production. CGC has shipped several hundred games so are they providing every existing owner with this new part?

#7975 1 year ago
Quoted from polishedball:

History shows they don't, and demand is the win as we want the product enough. the only thing that would convey the point would be if the next LEs go unsold but in this FOMO world and profit $$$ it will never happen. Tat being said, the product is quality when it lands.
EDIT didn;t even realize who i was replying too, man I wish you lived closer, though it would be serious trouble for sure!

Recent history yes....past history not necessarily....both AMRLE and MBRLE's didn't sell out and were available at distributors for almost a year after release. It really depends on the title and where they price it.

#7999 1 year ago
Quoted from big-c66:

Hey guys I’m thinking about getting one and I’ve been reading back through the thread about code. So if I’m understanding right the code is done but u have to purchase the complete version and if so how much is it n I’ve played some games but how deep or good is it.

Finished code comes with the game. There is another individual who is creating a new version that can be purchased at a later date (its not required)

#8002 1 year ago

Based on what? A guess?

What else would it be? At this point its anyones guess

#8004 1 year ago

Yeah. It's just a waste of time guessing at this point.

Yep

#8010 1 year ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

You cannot "add to it" really. CGC is making a more extensive version but that will be it. You will have to pay for it and it includes some hardware. Others can't add features like on the CCC games, which is based on a different boardset.

Its really unfortunate that Lyman isn't around to really polish and develop this new code.....he was the best

1 week later
#8253 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

True .. think it would ballsy to up the price at this point.
Long road considering that this game was ready to go 2 years ago?

My bet is the game has probably got more expensive the last few years + the cost of all the delays.....I wouldn't be surprised if CGC raised the $

#8255 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

Those 30-40 LE’s that snuck out didn’t pay more.
_
“Remember how I was toying with the notion of...” raising CCr LE prices mid run?
“Of all the cheap lousy ways to save a buck”
[quoted image]

Like I said I wouldn't be surprised either way ....

#8259 1 year ago
Quoted from Damonator:

The price was set 10/2021 and they took deposits.
Sticking us with a price increase after we've been waiting 14 months would be a really bad move.

I totally agree, but both JJP and Stern have raised prices so I wouldn't rule it out....

#8282 1 year ago
Quoted from underlord:

I have only enough space for one boxed pin in my garage. No pin room left. Not sure what to do. Trade my LE spot back to CGC or keep it stuffed away for awhile?
P-Town knows about my MMRRE troubles right now. I want to keep them all!

I'd squirrel it away versus giving it up + u probably won't get it for a year and many things can happen in a year....u didn't sell that Royal yet? I'm not sure I would use the word trouble....its a problem many would like

#8326 1 year ago
Quoted from underlord:

No. Pulled the ad. I had offers. And yeah, they were up there. I have no confidence that CGC will remake MMR’s. So I’ll wait it out and if space opens up that’ll be magical. First world problems.
I’ll stay with CCR for now. You’re right. Plans change.

I still have my MMRLE thats been upgraded to a semi Royal (I had the black powder coating option)....In 5+ years it has about 300 games Yea who knows when/if they will get back to building MMR's (could be years)....u might get your number in another 6 months

2 weeks later
#8726 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

At 4 a week which is generous.
-
1250 / 4 = 312.5
-
312.5 / 52 weeks = 6 years
-
Hate me or love me. Just keepin’ it real.

Sadly you might not be far off

#8731 1 year ago
Quoted from moonraker:

We have to figure out how many a week are being completed and shipped so we can have some idea of when everyone is going to get their game.

Anyone's guess....one thing I am pretty certain is they will NEVER pump out 70 per week

#8746 1 year ago
Quoted from underlord:

Soooo….
I’ve got time to save up.

Plenty...and free up some space

#8748 1 year ago
Quoted from underlord:

Amen to that brother bear.

I had the same problem and then sold a bunch of games

#8843 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

Well the list is long, but distinguished...
-
Someone here mentioned 50. If they just got a batch of 10 and now CGC will cycle between other distributors before coming back to GRG I would imagine it will be awhile. My contact said March/April to complete the run.

As of last night my very large reputable distributor said its probably another 6 months to get through all their customers, which sounds realistic (but u never know with CGC)

#8847 1 year ago

I'm in the same boat as yourself. I waited to commit so I got pushed down the list. I don't know how many CGC has built but assuming they need to build another 1000 thats close to 40/week, which is about the max CGC ever puts out....

#8961 1 year ago

So what rate do u think CGC is getting LE's out the door?

#8968 1 year ago

We know that....sounds like 20-30 per week ...so another 6-8 months sounds about right

#8984 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Lol. No. You can’t use the down time to calculate current rates. About 95-100 LEs have gone out since Christmas, + multiple SE+ batches + whatever have been produced but not shipped (not counting 2 federal holidays in that time frame). A lot closer to max capacity than your numbers.

Lol

#9003 1 year ago
Quoted from jchristian11:

lol. About 125 LEs have gone out in about 8 weeks with two weeks of downtime. The math says 20-25 games per week. 70 games per week is pretty funny, but not really.

There is almost zero chance CGC can pump out 70 LE's/week on a consistent basis. My intel is they will take another 6-8 months to get them out barring any unforeseen issues, which CGC is famous for.

#9005 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Maybe not, though your intel is probably not as current as mine. CCr is the first game run on the updated line and we don’t have months of data at running over ~40 yet. Let’s see where we are in April.

I agree we'll know more in several months, but my intel is very current (like this week)...

#9011 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

As I said, yours isn’t as current as mine.
If you are interested in a friendly bet on production, PM me.

Well I don't know your sources, but all I can say is your past estimates have been off by a mile....if I remember correctly your "Intel" was telling u these would start shipping last March....so bring on all the bets you want

#9012 1 year ago
Quoted from Vino:

Agree
More than 7 a week is a huge win at this point!

Thats a good week for CGC

#9021 1 year ago
Quoted from evh347:

#98 has finally landed. FedEx did a number on the box, but the machine survived.
Had to Macgyver a little spacer to properly gap the auto-launcher, because as installed, the shooter rod was making contact with the auto-launcher and killing its momentum resulting in weak plunges. So weak that the ball wasn't making it to the skill shot maelstrom.
Build quality is just like all of the other CGC games.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Very nice setup....we have the same dart board in our game room....gets a lot of play...

#9039 1 year ago
Quoted from curban:

My LE #120 just arrived!
First thing I’ve noticed is that the cabinet decals have been trimmed from around the legs. Is this new? I’m not picky…but I would have preferred the decals not be trimmed.
[quoted image]

Probably a smart solution...I think Stern / JJP do the same thing

#9044 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

I agree ... even though the legs cover the missing decal , looks like crap! plus full decals have been going on games for years cant see why they would start this now, other than having to replace decal sets !

Its not that bad as u can't see it when the legs are installed

#9054 1 year ago
Quoted from srmonte:

Cool so you have gotten your game already and have confirmed this. We thank you for that JFH!

He has "realtime" sources ...

#9122 1 year ago

Fingers crossed CGC increases LE production 30% this week....10 LE's would be a new record

#9126 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

For what? There has already been at least two batches of 10 or more and batches don’t just ship one at a time. Hopefully we are

For what? There has already been at least two batches of 10 or more and batches don’t just ship one at a time. Hopefully we are past the early days of 4 game batches. Or are you just busting chops?
I would like to see more new owners post pics of their games here - love seeing them!

I think CGC is pumping out about 7 LE's/week ... all I'm saying is I hope they increase their production rate...Ryan can only build so many in his garage

#9139 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Congratulations... on getting your LE...
I can just picture #jfh already ..
[quoted image]

Only 1100+ to go

#9270 1 year ago

Looks like CGC got out about 5 LE's this week....was hoping they would double their capacity ....fingers crossed they can do it next week

#9274 1 year ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

Is it just me or does this feel like the biggest train wreck owners thread out there? At least of the ones I subscribe to it is. There's so much unproductive back and forth that it's hard to wade through it all to get to any real information worth reading.

I would agree...it will be great once people start getting games...not much to discuss since CGC has shipped about 100 LE's in 14+ months

#9279 1 year ago

jfh has a source claiming they’re pumping out at max capacity, between 40 to 70 games per week…

That same source claimed they would start shipping LE's last March....

#9339 1 year ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

So how many les left to make???
Geeeeez this is getting ridiculous

1100 ish ..... at 5 games/week its gonna be a while...my sources tell me CGC is shipping in small batches (like 5 games), and most distributors haven't received any games yet....

#9340 1 year ago

Clearly they DO NOT

#9363 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

I don’t know where these numbers are coming from but it’s been about eight months since they were producing as little as 30 games/week.
It’s kind of pointless to go through all permutations of “if they do x games per week they’ll be done in y months” because we don’t know the mix of LEs abd SE+ games and a whole bunch of other factors.
As they say in finance - Past performance is no guarantee of future results. So let’s not waste time on another thing we have no control over. Instead let’s celebrate new deliveries and discuss issues and topics relevant to the game itself.

How do you know this?

#9397 1 year ago

Lets hope CGC can get another 5-10 Le's out this week ?

#9399 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Are you going to post this same bullshit every few days? It was funny the first time but this kind of backhanded “complement” and constant bashing doesn’t help anyone.

Is it bullshit? or is it fact? The one fact we know is you have NO clue as you've been wrong on LE deliveries since the beginning....

#9403 1 year ago

jfh downvoted my post where I said it was likely 20 games per week, LOL.

jfh has zero clue yet he acts like he knows everything...at this stage all most people care about is when they will get their game...after 14+ months of zero communication from CGC their BS is getting old .... yea yea u can say why don't u cancel your order if your fed up with CGC ...its simple ...I want the game, but I certainly didn't think I would have to wait two years for it

#9638 1 year ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

My distributor has gotten about 6 LEs so far and they haven't gotten my numbered game (034) yet.
But I'd like to ask, has anyone gotten S/N 034?
I'm not sure that this number matching is going to work out for me. And I don't want to be waiting for a game that someone else has already.
Thanks.
Robert

Sorry Robert it looks like CGC screwed u. Kinda sucks that they dropped the ball especially with a customer that has purchased all of their LE's. I'm probably next on their list

#9642 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

More likely on the distributor. All the other match request we’ve heard of have been fine so far.

The procedure was to send photos of your number matching LE plates to your distributor. Your distributor would then forward the photos to CGC. Per my distributor that was done, but they have not heard back from CGC since that time. So yes if the distributor didn't forward the images then its their fault. If they did then its a CGC's issue....only Robert knows

#9645 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

That may have been your distributor’s requirement. I don’t believe photos were required by CGC.
It’s unfortunate Robert didn’t get his number. Hope you and everyone else waiting for matching numbers get them. It would be interesting to know how many have/were entitled to matching numbers.

Per my very reputable distributor they were required by CGC....all I know is they sent the images to CGC back in 2021 when requested

#9646 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

To be screwed? J/K

I mean its not the end of the world, but it would be nice if they number matched

#9745 1 year ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

Kerry, thanks for the comment.
I found out that Ryan did in fact have #034 saved for me. It mistakenly went out while he was away.
At least that's what Automated is saying after I called them this morning and they called CGC.
Hopefully I will get a game soon.
Robert

Sorry to hear that Robert...its unfortunate that CGC screwed this up

#9748 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Sorry to hear you didn't get numbers matching...
Way to drop the pinball again CGC!

That wasn't me....it was Robert who got screwed by CGC ....my screwing takes place sometime in the next year

#9753 1 year ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

The game supposedly shipped out before Ryan could get his hands on it to get it to Automated, then me.
I'm in contact with Automated to get a game "fairly soon"...
Robert

Thats too bad..hope u get your game soon

#9756 1 year ago
Quoted from MrSanRamon:

Thanks, Pat. Dealing with my distributor now so...wish me luck.
You'll probably get your game before me, so when you do invite me over to see it.
Robert

Absolutely although my guess is you'll get yours way before myself....my distributor told me June at the earliest

#9758 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

He can’t know that unless he knows how his shipments are being allocated. Even PPS doesn’t know that about their own games.
I’m sure he’s just telling you what you want to hear since it seems you’ll be incredibly disappointed if you don’t get #1250.

1250 is a clear possibility as they will probably screw up the number matching .... although I'm sure you'll point the finger at the distributor and not CGC

#9761 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

What is your number match?

Less than 1250

#9768 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

Here is the unboxing video. Please follow my channel and like/share.

Awesome video...thanks for taking the time putting that together

1 week later
#10016 1 year ago

Mahomes must have taken some extra strength pain meds at half.....he looks like himself

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bristol, CT
$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Machine - For Sale
Littleton, CO
$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Cabinet - Other
Jorge’s Arcade Mods

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Machine - For Sale
Virginia Beach, VA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
321 posts in this topic match your search for posts by ptownpin. You are on page 1 of 2.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ptownpin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-remake-club-new-sheriffs-in-town?tu=ptownpin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.