(Topic ID: 310125)

Cactus Canyon Remake Club - New Sheriffs in Town! (with FAQs)

By jfh

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,414 posts
  • 756 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 hours ago by Mando
  • Topic is favorited by 384 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which version have you ordered and/or received?”

• Limited Edition [LE] 333 votes
    51%
  • Special Edition with Wild West topper [SE+] 103 votes
    16%
  • Special Edition [SE] 218 votes
    33%

(654 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2145 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2138 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2139 (resized).jpeg
20240415_145651 (resized).jpg
IMG_5053 (resized).jpg
IMG_5068 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20240408_083646_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408_031213_Drive (resized).jpg
AE50EDD5-0A2D-4824-883B-9B097D38C6FF (resized).jpeg
86B25964-BA83-413E-9949-4511DE3D5375 (resized).jpeg
Reward issue switches (resized).jpg
shut-up-and-take-my-money.gif
Screenshot_20240324_221804_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1816 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240324-141652 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Cactus Canyon Remake FAQ (Part 1) Game Information Posted by jfh (2 years ago)

Post #836 Demonstration videos of Topper Shootout mode Posted by jfh (2 years ago)

Post #3286 Leg crimp fix Posted by PM_Jeremy (1 year ago)

Post #9030 Trough fix Posted by PM_Jeremy (1 year ago)

Post #9386 John Youssi’s initial idea sketch for the playfield art Posted by jtaudio (1 year ago)

Post #9938 Game play stream of LE with topper (dedicated topper cam) Posted by joelbob (1 year ago)

Post #10737 Sensor Trouble shooting guide Posted by jfh (1 year ago)

Post #11888 Adjusting inlane guides to minimize ball hop Posted by alveolus (12 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kapaun.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#59 2 years ago

I really love the side blade art on the LE and hope it’s available aftermarket

1 week later
#178 2 years ago

Would love the OEM art blades for my SE. Will probably have to settle with third party though

#246 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

The option is U 10. in the new menu system for a custom logo and U 11. for a custom attract mode message.
Both are documented on page 1-47 in the Cactus Canyon Remake manual (though it is currently missing some detail).
The FAQ will be updated when I have pictures from a CCr in the above maintenance screens.
The official online version of the manual is not available yet but will be linked in the FAQ when it is. More key info from the manual will be in the FAQ soon.

Is the manual available online at this time?

Edited: Not sure how to delete post but I see the answer now in the FAQ - thanks!

#374 2 years ago
Quoted from vikeking27:

Every day checking inbox and spam folder for that invoice… never wanted to pay so much money so bad!

More like every hour!

#483 2 years ago
Quoted from EZ-Rhino:

Agreed. I ordered my SE in early November and I'm still waiting like many here... so I agree it's highly unlikely to get delivery in 4 weeks if you just placed an order. Then again, depending on machine allocation and where you are on the distributor's list you may get lucky Here's to hoping...

My understanding is about 100 SEs have been produced with a possible production hang-up currently due to supply chain issues. There are a handful of smaller distributors and retailers claiming their SE allotments will be available imminently; but also a lot of people (myself included) with Oct/Nov orders still waiting for their distributors to have machines available from CGC.

1 week later
#735 2 years ago

Only caught a few minutes of the seminar - is the full one going to be posted anywhere?

#767 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Butch gave a phenomenal presentation and the twitch.tv video is practically perfect. Really doesn’t make sense for me to do what I planned.
If you have ordered a Cactus Canyon or thinking about it take an hour and watch this:
https://www.twitch.tv/texas_pinball_seminar/video/1436681994
Sometime in the next week or so I will update the FAQ with the highlights.
Was there an official announcement of the upgrade kit? No but most of what we expected was confirmed.
Did Lyman and Josh have the entire roadmap finished? Yes, though not everything was fleshed out in detail.
Could we see the kit later this year? That is a realistic possibility.
I’ll add more this weekend after I clarify whether I can comment on some items.

Thanks for all the great work keeping us updated!

1 week later
#999 2 years ago
Quoted from Jhiggins623:

In case some of you missed it here is a seek peek of the mirrored back glass from Planetary pinball.

480p?? I've seen better bigfoot videos! Glad it looks like the backglass is ready, though!

#1005 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

That was only the proof. PPS has gone radio silent on current status after saying the initial orders would ship by end of 1Q. They said they would have more to show us but that was quite a while ago.

I almost ordered the backglass from my distributor in December just so I’d have something to show while waiting for my SE. Glad I didn’t.

#1038 2 years ago
Quoted from Riefepeters:

The rhyme or reason is based on which distributor you ordered from and when as a relative to “when” other people ordered from that same distributor . And when that distributor gets their allotment. No other “when” comparisons matter.

As a new home-use buyer the pinball sales model is intimidating and frankly feels very outdated. I pre-ordered an SE on day one and am still waiting, but have had other distributors I displayed interest with pinging me about SEs ready to ship immediately. I knew this was likely going in so thankfully I'm not terribly frustrated but it sure does make the impatience that much worse.

I can and do choose to avoid buying cars like this. There are lots of other toys/experiences out there that are make spending close to $10k much easier.

#1048 2 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

I guess the solution would just be to buy what's in stock, or at least about to ship.

Quoted from jfh:

Which means “almost nothing”
(Though there seem to be a lot of Mandos available)

Yup. Odd industry and abnormal market right now.

#1111 2 years ago
Quoted from PinRestore:

Just got an email stating my game will be produced in August.
I ordered on Jan. 26th.

What model?

#1170 2 years ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/133267

Looking at the serial on this and some other unboxing images - approaching 500 SEs shipped?

1 week later
#1572 2 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

I feel your pain my friend. I put down a second refundable deposit with another distributor that tells me I'm first in line when they get another batch. Now, the 2 distributors can "race" to get my business. Lol. And yes, they both are aware, in not being deceptive with either one.

So who ended up winning? Original distributor or new one?

#1603 2 years ago

"In order to evenly distribute them across the country, they are sending them out a few at a time to each distributor instead of one getting a huge load and others nothing (we appreciate that greatly). Our first few have gone to public venues so people can play the game. " - Carolina Pinballs YouTube channel

#1665 2 years ago
Quoted from Yoreland:

What the hell is going on with these things in transit? I even inspected this after seeing the picture of the one with the back box that was smashed at the bottom. If I only looked a little lower. Looks like it was dropped on one side causing a stress fracture on the opposite side. The plywood pallet floor was also split.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

FedEx as well? That is awful. Making me worried for my eventual delivery. Are you going to try to get a repair/replacement?

1 week later
#1860 1 year ago
Quoted from explosiveegg:

CGC has shipped around 250 games now. Unless you're in the middle of nowhere, there is a good chance a location near you has one to play. Take advantage of the Pin Map to find one and go give it a play!

Or if you are in any of the 10 western most US states! I guess we are just in the middle of nowhere (pinbal speaking at least)

#1927 1 year ago

Just saw someone hauling a NIB CGC down the highway, likely CC. Wait for my SE not getting any easier.

3 weeks later
#2358 1 year ago

Was able to play CCr the same day as MMr and AFMr. Does anyone else think the flippers feel significantly better on CC than the other remakes? I’ve always found AFMr and MMr flippers to feel “mushy”.

#2385 1 year ago
Quoted from TeamUp:

There are two pre drilled holes and a third bigger whole, maybe for future wires?

There are unused connectors…

#2442 1 year ago
Quoted from polishedball:

Ok I am betting most will feel I am being petty here, but this does kinda drive me crazy. Today I decided to give the game good but quick wipe down, while doing this I noticed how beat up tarnished even rusted some of the hardware was on this new machine. Has anyone else noticed this? It is most evident on the post like those I have pictured. I would expect some stuff to get binned or alteast set aside to be be tumble polished, before being put on a new game. I have machine a 15 years old with better looking hardware from the factory.
This does not take away from the fun factor, but combined with the folded over decals (which may have a benefit) and cabinet edges not mating perfect it seems worth a mention. I hope better detail is paid to the SE+ (i have one on order) and LEs[quoted image][quoted image]

Same issue - almost of all my hex posts are super tarnished and the rubber isn’t in the best shape either.

#2476 1 year ago
Quoted from MadEwokHerd:

Have to throw out my thanks for the mine cart mod idea. Good excuse to break out the model paints again as well.
[quoted image]

Does the thingiverse file fit the tracks exactly as is or did you have to scale it?

#2482 1 year ago
Quoted from Jon9508:

Surprisingly the wheels fits on the tracks without any scaling.

Crazy, it really looks it was designed just for CC! Thanks

#2516 1 year ago
#2522 1 year ago
Quoted from alveolus:

I love CC as much as anyone but I won’t be rating it once I receive mine. A new owner rating a brand new machine they just dropped 8k+ is as biased as it gets.
Just keepin’ it real.

I have no expectations otherwise... but that's the same case with most of the other top 10

#2558 1 year ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

Butch will be doing a seminar at the Northwest pinball show today 5p Pacific / 8p Eastern
Stream here
http://youtube.com/geekgamertv/live

The website and thread is showing 3:30 PST for the Cactus Canyon presentation

#2563 1 year ago

"Hardware kit easily added or removed"

#2565 1 year ago
Quoted from Richard-NBA-SF2:

Hoping it is available to watch later!

So far about 98% identical to the Texas presentation

#2571 1 year ago

They are still waiting on topper parts for the LE

#2575 1 year ago

What a bummer at the end lol: "I have extra slides that are really cool" host: "no thanks"

#2624 1 year ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Sure was a lot of notes on the marksman mode about shooting a cactus in the wind. I hope there is a lot more to the upgraded code than just that. Where is some of the continued code? It was noted additional hardware that would be easy to add or remove but nothing else. Saloon doors? I don’t see how that will make the game any better. It would make getting the Bart Bros harder but really nothing else here. Give us some more meat CGC.

Pretty sure the shooting a cactus in the wind is the marksman mode in the current new code

2 weeks later
#3146 1 year ago

Have heard lots of opinions - how many here wax new CGC games vs leave just the clearcoat?

#3234 1 year ago

I just noticed the leg crimping problem on mine as well, thankfully only some very minor scratching by one of the legs.

1 week later
#3672 1 year ago
Quoted from gorditas:

I got the "Bottom Jet Bumper" adjusted. The mine and the VUK diverter had to come off. It was tight with the waterfall bridge on, but with a leaf tool, I was able to adjust both switches.
A few pages back, someone posted about the ball ejecting from the mine not going into the pops: check the sensitivity of these switches. It made a big difference on my machine.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Didn’t even realize it was supposed to go in the pops! Will have to adjust

3 months later
#6254 1 year ago
Quoted from Ivanhoe:

I had this problem once, it was a doorway in a cement block wall (basement). Cut that wall open and made a 36” door. Never had that problem again.

Fit through my ~30" doorway just barely with a moving blanket around it. Don't know if that helps

1 month later
#7647 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

I am running out of space again in the FAQ and am looking at removing/significantly reducing the “My game is here!” section.
It was written specifically for those for whom CCr is their first NIB game. Most info is in the manual, the setup sheets or old hat to those who have done it before. For those getting their first new game - was it useful enough to keep?[quoted image]

This section was actually really helpful - the playfield inspection and removal of packaging may be a bit redundant and is clearly marked in the box so may be worth removing if needed for space.

2 weeks later
#8335 1 year ago

Always nice seeing this thread back on track and not just page after page of complaints. The gun metal looks fantastic in latest pictures. Can’t wait for more details/rumors on the update kit.

1 week later
#8598 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinbalz:

Just curious, which shipping company are you all receiving your games by? Have one on order and wondering how the to door process goes. Never had one delivered NIB to my residence. Only to a terminal and picked up or picked up at factory. Do they bring it inside? Drop at curb?
This is the fourth game in a series of Bally/Williams remakes produced by Chicago Gaming Company.

Mine was FedEx freight... they are only supposed to drop at the curb but most drivers should be helpful or if not enticed by $20 to help bring it up from the road.

2 months later
#10612 1 year ago
Quoted from Swoods5688:

Has there been any word on when this new code is supposed to be released…. Now that LE’s are shipping on the regular I’m hoping we will see that coming. Maybe Texas?

I cannot wait. Hoping we get some more teasers sooner rather than later, especially if the timeline on this is going to be extended.

1 week later
#11081 1 year ago

Are we expecting any new mods from BackAlleyMatt this week?

1 week later
#11346 1 year ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

Train tracks - I know from reading this thread were more than one to chose from has it been settled that the mezel mods set is the one to get?

I just upgraded from mezel to back alley and the back alley tracks are significantly better. Mezel is three pieces 3d printed, challenging to fit together and didn’t quite fit my game. The included nuts kept loosening during gameplay and tracks detached from each and fell onto the playfield several times.

Back alley is one piece, appears to be resin cast and hand painted, fits the game perfectly and includes lock-nuts. There’s no comparison.

(Mezel seems like a great company, they just fell short with this one)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Machine - For Sale
Virginia Beach, VA
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Kansas City, MO
$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Cabinet - Other
Jorge’s Arcade Mods

$ 39.95
Hardware
RavSpec

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

7,000 (Firm)
$ 210.00
$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kapaun.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-remake-club-new-sheriffs-in-town?tu=kapaun and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.