(Topic ID: 310125)

Cactus Canyon Remake Club - New Sheriffs in Town! (with FAQs)

By jfh

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,397 posts
  • 755 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 24 hours ago by Menthelm
  • Topic is favorited by 384 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which version have you ordered and/or received?”

• Limited Edition [LE] 333 votes
    51%
  • Special Edition with Wild West topper [SE+] 103 votes
    16%
  • Special Edition [SE] 217 votes
    33%

(653 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240415_145651 (resized).jpg
IMG_5053 (resized).jpg
IMG_5068 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20240408_083646_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408_031213_Drive (resized).jpg
AE50EDD5-0A2D-4824-883B-9B097D38C6FF (resized).jpeg
86B25964-BA83-413E-9949-4511DE3D5375 (resized).jpeg
Reward issue switches (resized).jpg
shut-up-and-take-my-money.gif
Screenshot_20240324_221804_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1816 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240324-141652 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240308_213009_Chrome (resized).jpg
EC303592-D7CC-41EA-874F-1A7CEE1ECEA6 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0547 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,397 posts in this topic. You are on page 37 of 308.
#1801 1 year ago

Perfectly happy to wait for my SE+. Would sure love an LE but I won’t hold my breath.

#1802 1 year ago

The SE's look amazing... a nice set of b/w mirror blades and you have a stunning game. Im not into toppers so the aesthetic extras on the LE weren't worth it to me. You get the same pf, light show, and screen.

#1803 1 year ago
Quoted from John1210:

The SE's look amazing... a nice set of b/w mirror blades and you have a stunning game. Im not into toppers so the aesthetic extras on the LE weren't worth it to me. You get the same pf, light show, and screen.

Mirror blades & a Shaker; ide be happy with that combo, I’m on an LE but would be still really happy with either

#1804 1 year ago

Gotta say the Allen art blades really make this game pop . Got mine installed yesterday . Just waiting on powdercoat now . I'm gonna swap some pinstadiums into it today and see how it looks

#1805 1 year ago
Quoted from AJC3030:Gotta say the Allen art blades really make this game pop . Got mine installed yesterday . Just waiting on powdercoat now . I'm gonna swap some pinstadiums into it today and see how it looks

When you get the powder coated parts installed, please post some pics!

#1806 1 year ago
Quoted from ClassicHornet:

Mirror blades & a Shaker; ide be happy with that combo, I’m on an LE but would be still really happy with either

Can Pinstadiums be synced to the dynamic GI lighting? If not it seems like they would merely dilute the contrast, unless you’re going with a single color G.I.

#1807 1 year ago

First, is the sister Bart character (the lady in the leather outfit with the whip) part of the game or just cheesecake on the backglass?
Love Bubba Bart. Shaker motor is a nice addition to the SE, really adds to it. Honestly, I tried to buy an LE but missed out. However, having the SE now is great. My family and I really enjoy this game I am more than satisfied with the purchase. I am an average player, so the CCr is a challenge and fun for me. The SE+ would have been nice, but I cannot say I miss waiting for a $1250 topper on this game.

#1808 1 year ago
Quoted from alveolus:

Can Pinstadiums be synced to the dynamic GI lighting? If not it seems like they would merely dilute the contrast, unless you’re going with a single color G.I.

For what it's worth, I think the factory lighting is pretty good on Cactus Canyon Remake. Our local arcade is very dark, and I don't have any trouble seeing the ball during normal play. Only times I have any difficulty spotting the ball are for very brief moments when the lighting color-shifts for a mode or special event, such as Shootout. Otherwise, the lighting is pretty good. Much better than JJP games like Wonka.

#1809 1 year ago

Does the SE have a real knocker?

#1810 1 year ago
Quoted from Triplecdad:

First, is the sister Bart character (the lady in the leather outfit with the whip) part of the game or just cheesecake on the backglass?
Love Bubba Bart. Shaker motor is a nice addition to the SE, really adds to it. Honestly, I tried to buy an LE but missed out. However, having the SE now is great. My family and I really enjoy this game I am more than satisfied with the purchase. I am an average player, so the CCr is a challenge and fun for me. The SE+ would have been nice, but I cannot say I miss waiting for a $1250 topper on this game.

In the "continued code" for the original game she was Betty Bart and Included in the game. Hopefully in the new code she is added in as well

#1811 1 year ago

I CXLD my SE and ordered an SE+, I think if I don't do it now, the chances of getting one with a topper or a topper at some point in the future are weak.

I don't mind waiting longer. Maybe I'll get some genuine cardboard when mine ships.

#1812 1 year ago

Now that I think about it it would be neat if CGC provided an optional connector for lighting add-ons that would mirror the GI. It would be cool to add synchronized under-cabinet lighting.

#1813 1 year ago
Quoted from alveolus:

Now that I think about it it would be neat if CGC provided an optional connector for lighting add-ons that would mirror the GI. It would be cool to add synchronized under-cabinet lighting.

The LEDs they used are probably a standard 3 wire or 4 wire led strip. Most of those are setup with pads near cut points to extend them. It likely would be very easy to do that yourself if you wanted to.

#1814 1 year ago

This just popped up in my podcasts. Lyman’s last interview. Talks about Cactus Canyon.

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-super-awesome-pinball-show/id1491095159?i=1000559170736

#1815 1 year ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Does the SE have a real knocker?

No. The last few WPC games used a simulated knocker. (If I remember correctly, Medieval Madness was the last game to have a physical one)

You can add a physical knocker to the previous remakes but I don’t know if the new Cactus Canyon software allows use of a physical knocker. I would think it would as the software support was still in the WPC code for the games that didn’t have them, but cannot confirm.

#1816 1 year ago
Quoted from flipperstick:

With the interactive RGB throughout the game, I wish there could be an update that changed the color of High Noon, the sheriff badge completion identifiers, and the sheriff ranks once you have completed them each go around. Each time you can make it through, the level of difficulty automatically increases, as does the rewards. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

For lights/flashers that usually bother me on a pinball machine I defuse them with a LED cover that are not to sticky. They have worked great on all my machines. I have noticed the LED flashers under then, but for the most part am keeping my eyes on the center of the PF to see what is about to happen; however, they do sometimes get me.
amazon.com link »
Also, I want to thank jfh for keeping the club updated in the chat and in the FAQ. I have personally sent him a lot of game pics/vids and data just so updates went through one person.

Bumping up this one as it was a great suggestion. I put one on each of the apron under gun flashers. Major improvement in my opinion. I put on a piece of mylar to hopefully keep it attached well. Simply take if the barrel of the gun with one screw then apply the light dim and mylar. The flasher is still seen but not overly bright. I may even try it at a setting other than the lowest.

PXL_20220430_182332747.jpgPXL_20220430_182332747.jpg
#1817 1 year ago

I would be surprised if you could add lighting on to a string as mentioned earlier. I suppose it is how the led’s are addressed but most often they are individually addressed in code it is not turning on a strip. You program for each light in a total controlled string so it is not as easy as tacking on more. It would have to be coded to recognize them.

#1818 1 year ago

This is me being lazy and not digging thru the manual or menus, but is there a way to turn down the brightness of just the gun fight inserts that are white and flashing when lit. In a dark room this is my only issue with the lighting as it came from the factory settings.

Thanks

#1819 1 year ago

How do you set the game for $1 a play or 3/$2? I can’t figure it out!

#1820 1 year ago
Quoted from polishedball:

This is me being lazy and not digging thru the manual or menus, but is there a way to turn down the brightness of just the gun fight

Remake Adjustments - Lighting Adjust R 49 Gun Flasher Brightness.

LTG : )

#1821 1 year ago
Quoted from ClassicHornet:

No no you really want that LE. I know I do

#1822 1 year ago
Quoted from polishedball:

This is me being lazy and not digging thru the manual or menus

Or the FAQ

#1823 1 year ago

I did go there first honest but obviously did not skim the topics well enough. Thanks for the upkeep of it.

#1824 1 year ago

Created a "How To" for those needing tips on installing Brian's art package.

#1825 1 year ago
Quoted from TheCapn:

Cool stuff!

#1826 1 year ago
Quoted from TheCapn:

Nice!
Do you enjoy the game so far? Can’t wait to se them shipping overseas

#1827 1 year ago
Quoted from TheCapn:

Nice video brother! So looks like the alternate translite edges don't get hidden from sight like the acrylic LE! Looks Amazing!
If I didn't know better, it seems you kinda like your Ccr

#1828 1 year ago
Quoted from TheCapn:

Thanks. Now linked from the FAQ.

#1829 1 year ago
Quoted from TheCapn:

My translite ripples/gets caved in no matter what I try - tried to static it to the glass, even taped it to the glass with some photo tape. Frustrating. I did not try to add the trim back on with the glass facing down, maybe that’s the key?

#1830 1 year ago
Quoted from vikeking27:

My translite ripples/gets caved in no matter what I try - tried to static it to the glass, even taped it to the glass with some photo tape. Frustrating. I did not try to add the trim back on with the glass facing down, maybe that’s the key?

Yea, face down will more than likely fix your issue.

#1831 1 year ago

After getting my hands on a MB CE I now want one of these. Even though I've never played one before. Looks fun as shit and the MB just "feels good". Id imagine this does too.

#1832 1 year ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

After getting my hands on a MB CE I now want one of these. Even though I've never played one before. Looks fun as shit and the MB just "feels good". Id imagine this does too.

Everyone who has their SE seems to be loving it. No brainer man. Order one!

Richard

#1833 1 year ago

I joined the club this weekend. This game is great. Best one yet from CGC in my honest opinion. Code is great.

#1834 1 year ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

I joined the club this weekend. This game is great. Best one yet from CGC in my honest opinion. Code is great.

Wow! Nice! Glad you are enjoying your game!

Richard

#1835 1 year ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

CGC has shipped around 250 games now. Unless you're in the middle of nowhere, there is a good chance a location near you has one to play. Take advantage of the Pin Map to find one and go give it a play!

#1836 1 year ago
Quoted from explosiveegg:

CGC has shipped around 250 games now. Unless you're in the middle of nowhere, there is a good chance a location near you has one to play. Take advantage of the Pin Map to find one and go give it a play!

Sadly, I am pretty much “in the middle of nowhere”! No CCr around me!
Hope to get mine soon!

Richard

#1837 1 year ago
Quoted from explosiveegg:

Im on Long Island , and nobody here has it available to play. Smh.....

#1838 1 year ago

New owners - please PM me your serial numbers AND date of manufacturer. Thanks!

#1839 1 year ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

Im on Long Island , and nobody here has it available to play. Smh.....

There will probably be some at Allentown this weekend.

#1840 1 year ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

There will probably be some at Allentown this weekend.

I really really wish I could. Ill go to one of these one day.

#1841 1 year ago
Quoted from Richard-NBA-SF2:

No CCr around me!
Hope to get mine soon!

Im sure a ton of people in this thread are hoping the same thing.

#1842 1 year ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

This just popped up in my podcasts. Lyman’s last interview. Talks about Cactus Canyon.
https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-super-awesome-pinball-show/id1491095159?i=1000559170736

I’m kinda surprised there hasn’t been any discussion about this interview. Perhaps because they do not cover much new ground. They did state a little more directly than I recall that they were definitely using parts of CCC. The Polly Peril discussion was new (to me, at least) and very interesting even though much of what was discussed is already in the enhanced code. I’m curious to see if/how much further they develop those modes.

Still, listening to it just make me all the more excited (and a little sad) to be in on the game. ILWT

#1843 1 year ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Does the SE have a real knocker?</blockquo

I’m kinda surprised there hasn’t been any discussion about this interview. Perhaps because they do not cover much new ground. They did state a little more directly than I recall that they were definitely using parts of CCC. The Polly Peril discussion was new (to me, at least) and very interesting even though much of what was discussed is already in the enhanced code. I’m curious to see if/how much further they develop those modes.
Still, listening to it just make me all the more excited (and a little sad) to be in on the game. ILWT

Yeah, I listened to it today. I never really played the original Cactus Canyon and so I didn't realize how much CGC all ready enhanced the code. Seems like the current CGC enhanced code and the upcoming Lyman/Sharpe code might overlap a bit. At least in theory, if not actual execution.

#1844 1 year ago
Quoted from alveolus:

I appreciated hearing Lyman’s thought process even if there wasn’t much new material. Gives me a greater appreciation of how it wasn’t just about code and rules but really telling a story and giving the player a journey through that story. I am as excited as ever for my game and the eventual Lyman/Josh updates.

#1845 1 year ago

So did Lyman have any part of the enhanced code then? Or who did that? The one it ships with I believe

#1846 1 year ago
Quoted from MacGruber:

So did Lyman have any part of the enhanced code then? Or who did that?

Lyman did not want his involvement to take away from others so I think ‘officially’ it’s credited to Sam and CGC and that the upgrade code will be credited as Lyman/Josh (and obviously others will be needed to finish it since Josh is not a programmer).

#1847 1 year ago

Just ordered my CCRSe. Very excited to get and start modding this very fun machine. I fell in love with it at the Texas Pinball Festival.

Cannot wait!

#1848 1 year ago

In the club !!!

20220502_152941 (resized).jpg20220502_152941 (resized).jpg
#1849 1 year ago

Now where to put it

#1850 1 year ago

That collection is amazing!

Quoted from tdiddy:

In the club !!!
[quoted image]

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bristol, CT
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 15,397 posts in this topic. You are on page 37 of 308.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-remake-club-new-sheriffs-in-town/page/37 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.