IMG_1953.gif
Joker (resized).png
IMG_1142 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240425_122724_Chrome (resized).jpg
kekw (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20220125-011842_Facebook (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240425_124423_Google (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 47,168 posts in this topic. You are on page 893 of 944.
#44601 3 months ago

If Stern wanted to revisit a theme, doing it in legos style would provide an endless field of choices, with humor and freshness. Interesting.

#44602 3 months ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

If Stern wanted to revisit a theme, doing it in legos style would provide an endless field of choices, with humor and freshness. Interesting.

Exactly, but would a Lego IJ be better than one based on just raiders?

#44603 3 months ago

#44604 3 months ago

Ok so
Jaws
John wick
???
Journey
GZ prem-iversary.

#44605 3 months ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I have a hard time picturing what Lego pinball would be. Like what would the story or overall game objective be?

Could be any of the many franchises Lego kits have been made with. Lego Dimensions was a cross themed adventure they could base the storyline on. Otherwise make it the same as the Lego Movie. Collect bricks, become a master builder through leveling up, fight Lord Business with the kits you make, recover the piece of resistance. Watch out for Bad Cop, Cragle, and Duplos along the way.

#44606 3 months ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

Went into a 2nd hand Lego store called Bricks & Minifigs over the weekend. It was slammed the entire time we were there. Buy & sell new and used or retired kits. Build your own Minifig from parts for $5.00 Take home buckets of bulk pieces by volume. It was all insane and people were spending. They do birthday parties too. The market is hot. Time to do a Lego Star Wars pin? Personally I’m hoping for the OG Lego movie with Emmet, Benny, Wizard, Wyldestyle, and Lord Business.

The Lego Batman movie would also be a viable theme.

My son and three of his friends (all 11) did a weekend sleepover at our place. We had TSPP, Zilla, AIQ and Bond in the lineup. Based on theme, you’d probably expect them to play Simpsons and Avengers more than the others - and you’d be right. But they still showed a surprising amount of interest in James Bond. Not just because it’s a smooth shooter, but because of the theme. Aside from my son, those boys had never seen a Connery Bond film. Yet, they still loved it. They played pinball more than any other activity. So I think pinball will still find resonance with younger generations if they are exposed to it.

That said, I think Pokémon would just kill it as a theme. And would bring a lot of young people into pinball.

#44607 3 months ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

Could be any of the many franchises Lego kits have been made with. Lego Dimensions was a cross themed adventure they could base the storyline on. Otherwise make it the same as the Lego Movie. Collect bricks, become a master builder through leveling up, fight Lord Business with the kits you make, recover the piece of resistance. Watch out for Bad Cop, Cragle, and Duplos along the way.

I think you're a few years way too late to do a Lego movie pin.

Personally, I don't see much point of licensing Lego and another property. Just license the later...because that's what people are probably purchasing the theoretical game for.

#44608 3 months ago
Quoted from starfighter:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]

What’s the one after John Wick?

#44609 3 months ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

I’m guessing Dune???

#44610 3 months ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I think you're a few years way too late to do a Lego movie pin.

Funny!

#44611 3 months ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I have a hard time picturing what Lego pinball would be. Like what would the story or overall game objective be?
Seems pointless to double license Lego Star Wars. Twice the license for what reason? Lego has their own original IP and storylines, but I doubt anyone is clamoring for Ninjago Pinball

1980’s Lego!

2E30BE8E-1E04-43AF-9B35-5D8F2A975AB9 (resized).jpeg2E30BE8E-1E04-43AF-9B35-5D8F2A975AB9 (resized).jpeg
#44612 89 days ago

Would be funny if they just Lego-ized an existing pin like Star Wars. Much like the “Comic Art” version just reskin it, but also do alternate audio/video to match. Would be a cheap way for Stern to keep an aging game going IMO. They could do the same with Batman, but at that point just create a new game since that’s no longer on the line.

#44613 89 days ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

He-Man

#44614 89 days ago

Journey WTF !

You can't be serious !

I'm guessing Journey Pin is another special K.... BS rumor.

Yeah sure Stern Pinball would love to have fun with this mess.
NOT.

#44615 89 days ago

So we got Jaws-Elwin

Wick-Borgy

HE-Man-Danger

Journey-Eddy

Is Stern going to do 1000 LE's for each title moving forward? Not sure if all the new distros have to take a certain amount of allocation? After JAWS it looks like it could be rough seas for Stern?

#44616 89 days ago
Quoted from LeMansFan:

I’m guessing Dune???

Not Dune
Not He-man

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#44617 89 days ago
Quoted from pinmister:

So we got Jaws-Elwin
Wick-Borgy
HE-Man-Danger
Journey-Eddy
Is Stern going to do 1000 LE's for each title moving forward? Not sure if all the new distros have to take a certain amount of allocation? After JAWS it looks like it could be rough seas for Stern?

I thought there were two Elwins in 2024?

#44618 89 days ago

My wife wants a Journey pin. Not sure I care for the expression lighting and so if I am interested it will probably be a premo or pro this go around.

#44619 89 days ago
Quoted from starfighter:

Not Dune
Not He-man

Metallica?

#44620 89 days ago
Quoted from starfighter:

Not Dune
Not He-man

Hairy ball sack or Indiana Jones?

#44621 89 days ago
Quoted from starfighter:

Not Dune
Not He-man

Pokemon

#44622 89 days ago
Quoted from starfighter:

Not Dune
Not He-man

Maybe from here

Metallica_SkoM (resized).pngMetallica_SkoM (resized).png
#44623 89 days ago

So Danger is doing Pokemon? I have zero interest but should be good for location and ops. Stern should consider doing dual themes like Spooky does and Jack could do HE-MAN/ Pokemon combo release. Imagine if they originally released an Archer with Iron Maiden and what sales could do?

#44624 89 days ago
Quoted from Whistles:

Ok so
Jaws
John wick
???
Journey
GZ prem-iversary.

Dungeon's & dragons
Pokémon
Metallica

#44625 89 days ago
Quoted from SkyJammer:

Maybe from here

HOSTK.gifHOSTK.gif
#44626 89 days ago
Raiders idol (resized).jpgRaiders idol (resized).jpg
#44627 89 days ago

If there is ever a Pokemon it is an absolute must that one of the balls looks just like a pokeball and you can only catch when it is in play.

#44628 89 days ago
Quoted from SkyJammer:

Maybe from here [quoted image]

…perhaps…. Or here

IMG_0098 (resized).jpegIMG_0098 (resized).jpeg
#44629 89 days ago
Quoted from underlord:

I cannot imagine what theme Stern is gonna pound 13 grand out of next. Running out of A+ themes.

I respect your opinion on Pinside and enjoy reading your post.

Do you think the Warriors is a A+ Theme?

Might not be well known enough but the movie just screams perfect for a pin to me.

#44630 89 days ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

perhaps…. Or here

I would be on that like fly on shit instead of Pokemon

I do think Pokemon will do really well on location and it will be a great seller for Stern

#44631 89 days ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I would be on that like fly on shit instead of Pokemon
I do think Pokemon will do really well on location and it will be a great seller for Stern

I'm not really in the market for a new Stern. Have a PF on order and that should be coming at some point in the near future. Other than that I'm looking to snag one of the lower priced games from my wishlist. Stern releasing Pokemon will derail that plan and cost me lots more money and I'm ok with that because it's Pokemon.

#44632 89 days ago
Quoted from SimplePin:

I'm not really in the market for a new Stern

Looks like I won't be either for 2024. Will wait to play Journey and all the others I do not connect with. I am interested in TCM and Looney but am going to wait and play or get a deal second hand. Hunting for restored Superman and Space Shuttle for 2024

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#44633 89 days ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Might not be well known enough but the movie just screams perfect for a pin to me.

Oh hell yeah. Lezzies. Baseball Fury’s. Boppers. Panzers. So many to list. Gotta get to Coney Island.

I only meant Jaws is an A+ theme itself, I’d never presume to know what would be the same ‘Must Have’ for others.

Mad Max, 80’s decade of decadence, Fallout 3,4, etc.

And thanks for the compliment. I appreciate everyone in our crazy hobby.

#44634 89 days ago

I am going to put on my flame retardant clothes and suggest "Snatch" as a pinball theme. The movie BTW

Lots of good things to pull from.

Illegal Boxing Match
Caravans
Squeeky toy in the Dog
Pig Farmer
Proper F$%ked Rabbit Chase scene
Huge diamond
Desert eagles .50

Brad Pitt, Jason Statham and Vinnie Jones. Just hearing Brad Pitt mumble some call outs would be worth it

#44635 89 days ago
Quoted from VoodooPin:

I am going to put on my flame retardant clothes and suggest "Snatch" as a pinball theme.

Certainly a provocative title. Bound to be a lot of disappointment.

#44636 89 days ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

…perhaps…. Or here [quoted image]

I’m really surprised this hasn’t been done….. yet.

IMG_3337 (resized).jpegIMG_3337 (resized).jpeg
#44637 89 days ago

Metallica LCD remix would be great if it was next.

#44638 89 days ago

That third frame could be the top of Indy's hat

#44639 89 days ago
Quoted from VoodooPin:

I am going to put on my flame retardant clothes and suggest "Snatch" as a pinball theme. The movie BTW
Lots of good things to pull from.
Illegal Boxing Match
Caravans
Squeeky toy in the Dog
Pig Farmer
Propper F$%ked Rabbit Chase scene
Huge diamond
Desert eagles .50
Brad Pitt, Jason Statham and Vinnie Jones. Just hearing Brad Pitt mumble some call outs would be worth it

Cabinet would need to be periwinkle blue. Me ma is partial to it.

#44640 89 days ago

I just need to know is Met a new pin!

#44641 89 days ago

Jaws
Wick
Metallica - guys head in electric chair from pin
Pokemon for sure no doubt about it

#44642 89 days ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I just need to know is Met a new pin!

Not convinced of this anymore. Where was the original rumor based?

#44643 89 days ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

This has Spooky written all over it. It would 100% be my first Spooky.

#44644 89 days ago

saw this on facebook today that Jake posted onto a pinball homebrew thread:

- pinballs in the background
- original warriors vest
- a warriors actor
- and then always thought Jack Dangers homebrew would be a nice fit for a Warriors Pinball game

Deadflip 1 (resized).jpegDeadflip 1 (resized).jpegScreen Shot 2024-01-30 at 2.11.49 pm (resized).pngScreen Shot 2024-01-30 at 2.11.49 pm (resized).png

#44645 89 days ago

I really hope Journey is just a code name or short for Journey to the Center of the Earth or...literally anything else. Solid band, but I'm not sure that one moves many units these days.

#44646 89 days ago
Quoted from vikingerik:

Yeah, Magneto doesn't have his purple helmet.
I guess that's because the days of fuchsia passed

I don't know if I should groan or not now - but I laughed. Nice one.

I'd be down for a X-Men '97 pin. Though the original XM is pretty much identical theme and art wise - they've kinda already done it...

#44647 89 days ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

I really hope Journey is just a code name or short for Journey to the Center of the Earth or...literally anything else. Solid band, but I'm not sure that one moves many units these days.

Journey better be code name for Ozzy or another worthy band. This I think is just a terrible rumor

#44648 89 days ago
Quoted from Pinplayer1967:

Journey better be code name for Ozzy or another worthy band. This I think is just a terrible rumor

I think an actual Journey pin would just continue where 2023 left off...Lackluster themes.

#44649 89 days ago

A Journey pin done like Foo Fighters could be awesome. Y'all don't like Journey?! Are we not middle aged men? Do our backs not hurt for no reason?

#44650 89 days ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

A Journey pin done like Foo Fighters could be awesome. Y'all don't like Journey?! Are we not middle aged men? Do our backs not hurt for no reason?

Probably not one i'd go for but a decent band nonetheless. If it was Foreigner though.......

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

11,795 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Highland Lakes, NJ
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Machine - For Sale
Smithtown, NY
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 499.00
$ 91.00
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 24.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 80.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 47,168 posts in this topic. You are on page 893 of 944.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/893 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.