20240423_100718 (resized).jpg
20240423_100723 (resized).jpg
Whoa (resized).jpg
51AE3C41-1E6E-417B-B0FC-EAF0D317F2BB.gif
vince-neil-is-upset (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #33984 Stern's new factory information Posted by Grantman (1 year ago)

Post #36014 TRAILER: Foo Fighters Pin teaser trailer Posted by Yoko2una (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider simplepin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#19616 2 years ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

Pokemon....LE right away. Just take my money.

If Stern or anyone else for that matter releases a Pokemon machine it would be my first NIB machine. No doubt about it. Call me a nerd but I'm a huge Pokemon fan. I even caught them all. For now!

-Nerd

3 months later
#22777 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

As an operator at a pinball bar that is all ages…I am begging for Pokémon. Thing would earn like no one has ever seen. C’mon Stern.
[quoted image]

I would buy a Pokemon machine sight unseen. Would have to have the LE.

#22934 2 years ago
Quoted from Billygrippo:

Someone said spaceballs before. That could be a good funny pin.

Love Spaceballs! May the Swartz be in you!

#22938 2 years ago

"I bet she gives great helmet"

1 month later
#23912 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Do sports pins ever do well? Frank Thomas Big Hurt Baseball was a dud. The flavors of NASCAR/Indy were a dud. Capcom football/soccer was a dud. Striker extreme/NFL - dud. Maybe back to World Cup Soccer 94 for a successful one?
If they had a new Slap Shot reboot or remake, that might help...

Love my NBA Fastbreak!

2 weeks later
#24487 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

No kidding. Insta-buy.[quoted image]

Lolita and Tanqueray Multiball! LOL

#24490 2 years ago

Rush just added to the Stern site!

https://sternpinball.com/game/rush/

#24495 2 years ago

Looks better than I expected. The local brewery should have one of the first run pros whenever they ship. Looking forward to playing it on route. I'll be passing on this one since I currently have a JP Prem and GZ Prem on order. I could see this finding it's way to my collection in the future if the price was right.

#24545 2 years ago
stealie-trans (resized).jpgstealie-trans (resized).jpg
#24547 2 years ago
Quoted from JRBBRJ:

Probably the only machine I would ever try to get an LE for.

Me too! The list starts now. Oh. And Pokemon.

#24631 2 years ago
Quoted from Chetrico:

I will never get tired of music pins and Rush was definitely near the top of my wish list. Up next:
[quoted image]

Sad Wings of Destiny

1 week later
#25041 2 years ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

Wait for it….Wait for it….(The Price is Right) Pinball.

Unfortunately the Price will be Wrong with the price hikes! LOL

1 month later
#25898 2 years ago

Remember when CGC said they would make more MMR, MBR and AFMR in 2023? Not holding my breath though I would love another chance at one of those three.

#25903 2 years ago
Quoted from honkbahh:

I only saw MMr confirmed. Got a source for AFMr?

No source. It's just what I heard. Glad that MMr is confirmed.

2 weeks later
#26032 2 years ago
Quoted from gandamack:

Is that Morgan Freeman in the back?

It is. I remember watching this as a kid.

1 week later
#26075 2 years ago
Quoted from gandamack:

Pulp Fiction would be cool and would probably be a really hot seller.

Hidden watch multiball! "I hid this uncomfortable hunk of metal up my *** two years."

#26079 2 years ago
Quoted from BasementFacts:

Eddy's not doing much these days. He'd obviously need to do the call outs. And it would be epic.

This is the man who disabled a police car with banana? This is the man?

1 week later
#26240 2 years ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

I'm still buying CD's...... ha!!

Me too! And vinyl.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
1 week later
#26458 2 years ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

I saw Judas Priest live in concert on Wednesday, terrific show, Rob Halford still sounds amazing at 70!

"Oh hear my warning, never turn your back on the Ripper!"

2 weeks later
#26605 1 year ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

Didn't Bally/Williams already do that with Road Show?

Good one!

Love my Road Show. Bolted to the floor.

#26707 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

It's that time of year again .
Government TV station is playing The Fifth Element , 5 times in a row .
Now if that doesn't scream cult theme , perfect for pinball , I don't know what does .
[quoted image]

Multipass multi ball!

1 week later
#26934 1 year ago
Quoted from R_P_M:

Pokemon would be a great theme. Different Trim levels can have the different Gameboy cartridge colors (red, yellow, blue, pearl maby for LE edition) multiple age groups would find interest. Modes or missions can be similar to Pokémon stadium or Pokémon snap. I can imagine a pokeball multiball mode. Perhaps you could choose a specific Pokémon gym to play for and travel as when you "try to catch them all" lol. And imagine powering up your Pokémon on the display screen as you pass stages or mission/achievements.
Just a few ideas. And do t get me started on all the potential ways you could personalize your own machine. I would be on a wait list for sure. What are yall thoughts. Could be a great family pin and competition pin if attacked properly.

Said it before and I'll say it again. Instant buy and I'm old! I knew about Pokemon from the beginning. Ignored it because I was into racing games and shooters. Pokemon Go came out and I started playing that because I love collecting things in games. The younger guys that worked for me were surprised. They said if I like Go so much that I should play the real games. On the way home that day I hit Gamestop, picked up a 3DS and Pokemon Y and loved it. I have played all of the games and I have currently "caught them all". Bring on a Pokemon pin. Hell I might even pay over MSRP to get an LE if I miss out.

1 week later
#27119 1 year ago
Quoted from vikingerik:

He-man / Masters of the Universe could absolutely be done amazingly. Castle Grayskull and Snake Mountain need to be on the playfield. Snake Mountain as a big bash toy in the middle. Grayskull in the top left, positioned so that a full plunge will cross the playfield and enter its mouth; you start modes and lock balls here, and can pick one of those at ball start like STTNG. There's also a ramp at the far left leading up to Grayskull's parapet, representing the Sorceress in her throne room. Between Grayskull and Snake Mountain is a saucer or scoop, to transform Adam into He-man for 2x scoring; an Adam figure rotates out of view to be replaced by He-man. Other shots can be the other heroes, collect them for wizard modes like Avengers. It could have character selection like Star Wars and TMNT - play as Adam, Teela, Man-at-Arms, or Orko. Dear god somebody make this and take my money!

Somebody know his He-man and has been dreaming about this for awhile! Nice.

1 week later
#27398 1 year ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

Jaws could be fun if the player was jaws. Making shots to close in on the hunt, raming ships, and dodging harpoons.

Yes. Of the four rumored next pins Jaws is really the only one I'm interested in. I'm on the list.

2 weeks later
#27707 1 year ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

DeadFlip is this your next cornerstone? Hopefully you can release it to coincide with the movie drop? Laura did say on your twitch stream that your theme would be something we wouldn’t expect???!!!
https://twitter.com/wbpictures/status/1537102719525081089?s=20

Thanks for the morning laugh! Now I have to clean my monitor.

#27783 1 year ago
Quoted from DiabloRush:

Is this the place to wishcast and dream? Ok, I’m in. Please, please make a Dune pin.
Oh, and a Riddock trilogy pin, with the UV Pitch Black mode…

Dune would be cool. Let the wishing begin.

1 month later
#29095 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

Got a package from Elton John today. Would be a cool music pin next.
[quoted image]

There already is an Elton John pin. LOL

https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/capt-fantastic-and-the-brown-dirt-cowboy

#29221 1 year ago
Quoted from Slogan1111:

They should consider a widebody pin. Think about all the stuff they could put on that playfield. Bigger canvas for endless possibilities.

I love wide bodies as much anyone but can you imagine the cost?

#29244 1 year ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Some designers struggled with wide bodies but plenty of the shoot great…STTNG, IJ, and TZ are great shooters and have flow to go with their loaded Mechs.

I've never had any complaints about they way my RS shoots. Not exactly loaded with mechs either.

2 weeks later
#30007 1 year ago
Quoted from DiabloRush:

In the latest Stern Factory Friday video (https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=403944975056820) you can see the underside of a playfield in the background (roughly 0:15 mark) that I can't place. It appears to have 2 or 3 subways, and is clearly not a Star Wars playfield. Here's a few screen grabs. Excuse the low res, it's the best I could capture. First pic is mystery PF; second is a SW PF from the same video.
[quoted image][quoted image]

5 bank drop targets on the left. SW.

#30013 1 year ago
Quoted from DiabloRush:

That's the 2nd pic, labeled as SW in my post. First pic is the mystery PF.

Yeah, I think the subways are just reflections. There are similar reflections in the SW pic. I spent some time looking. Either way. We won't know until we know.

#30017 1 year ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Lol, either DeadFlip is being censored OR having trouble posting a pic!

LOL. It was there for few minutes. Looked like SW to me.

#30020 1 year ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Then, there's that Golden Girls prototype he mentioned.. gimme some of that "BETTY WHITE MULTIBALL!!!"

I just visualized what that could look like. It didn't end well...

#30040 1 year ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

yeah, you can tell by the direction of the trough cut out
So...
mystery playfield that Jack is trying to convince us is star wars but is obviously not...
Jaws gift card on Sterns FB page...
Sounds like we've got a Jaws Pin where you shoot the ball into the sharks mouth and it goes through a subway and.... pops out a shark anus?

Go watch the video. The screen shot is around 3:35 or so.

#30269 1 year ago

someone PM me when there's something worth reading in this thread LOL. I wish I could stay away but I can't...

#30727 1 year ago
Quoted from Royflipper:

It must be the blue lagoon pinball.

Of course I have multiple inappropriate mode names for this title that I'll keep to myself.

#30807 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

they made 22,500 and they still are hard to find? It took me 7 years to find my CQ Adams and I really wish this game was available to the masses at a reasonable price. Adams is a magical game and a game everyone should be able to experience.

I have never understood this. 22,500 and impossible to find under $12k while other games like NGG (not as good as TAF obviously) they only made 2700 and you can find them all day for $5,500.

#31038 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

And too short .

Hollywood gets around that with camera angles. Look at Tom Cruise. He's like 5'.

#31700 1 year ago
Quoted from swinks:

what if the game is SPECTRE and you the player is James Bond and you have to defeat 8 villains (1 for each tentacle) and then head of the organisation.
[quoted image][quoted image]
Even though characters like Jaws may not have fallen under an organisation it could be a cool way to link all the villains in one game and then have a generic bond - all the faces morphed together
[quoted image]

Looks like Sean Connery the most.

#31702 1 year ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

Bond is a retheme of Big Juicy Melons.

Thanks for making me clean my drink off of my monitor and keyboard. I needed that!

#32056 1 year ago
Quoted from NoSkills:

I’d be ok with that if the game’s good. I love Elwins JP so if it’s done well it wouldn’t bother me but I’m not a massive fan of either franchise. I like them both but not enough that not having certain characters bothers me. I can understand how big fans of either franchise feel differently though.
Question is, are you catching the shark like dinos in JP or are you the shark like in GZ!

I'm interested in Jaws. Enough that I'm on "lists" for whatever that's worth. Hoping it's Elwin's next and sometime next year. I like the idea of being the shark. I wouldn't mind going after "tasty humans" and it really wouldn't matter if you had the three actors. Needs the theme music though. Could be cool.

#32246 1 year ago

Well now that that's over...

#32271 1 year ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Now we can all look forward to many more months of Back to the Future hype!

crujones4life will not be silenced!

#32733 1 year ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

I think we will be seeing a lot of used games for sale soon.

One can only hope!

#32735 1 year ago
Quoted from pinball2020:

or state in your will you want to be buried in your Funhouse .

I'm still on the lookout for my coffin, err Funhouse!

#32914 1 year ago
Quoted from yancy:

Everybody already forget Godzilla?

Seems like it. There hasn't been a new post in the Godzilla owners thread in two hours. That's a first! LOL

4 weeks later
#33532 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Thank God any talk of a Foo Fighters pin has ceased.

Until now.

3 weeks later
#33881 1 year ago
Quoted from Grantman:

I think Multimorphic is doing this. Also, the Pinball 2000 platform at Williams tried something similar.

Yeah, I'm not sold on the concept. Something to be said about a solid lineup of multiple games from multiple eras. So I have one pinball "machine" and multiple playfields/translites/thingamajigs lying around that I swap when I want to play something different? No thanks. Good concept on paper. Not so much in reality. Any multimorphic owners care to share their opinion?

3 weeks later
#34399 1 year ago
Quoted from ultimategameroom:

I’m still pissed about the stupid flip clamps on the lockdown bars and moving the power switch to the side of the head.
Damn you Stern!!

I must be the only person who likes the flip clamps. The lockdown bar is always nice and snug and never needs any adjustment. I've had to turn those two screws and slightly bend the lockdown bar tabs on all four of my B/W's to get the lockdown bars snug and in their proper place. Just seems like it overkill when those two flip clamps work just fine. I do enjoy the classic setup once I get them dialed in though.

2 weeks later
#34651 1 year ago

Pokémon = video game = new direction. Bring it.

#34659 1 year ago
Quoted from Sethman:

Hasbro is running MtG into the ground.

I heard that as well. I'm not a player but I'm familiar with it. When I heard about all that they have been doing the last few years I was shocked.

#34662 1 year ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

Hasbro = GI JOE
Or maybe He-Man.
But more likely (not really) and much better (definitely) would be GI JOE.
So GI JOE it is!

Quoted from PinStalker:

Transformers G1......
Although a Transformers The Movie with a big Unicron planet toy eating pinballs would be INCREDIBLE (would put the T-Rex to shame)..... and of course Stan Bush music (everybody loves "The Touch" but I think "Dare" has a better chorus).

Who is this General Illumination JOE that you all speak of?

#34723 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

Just as long as they find a way to include the “SEGA” opening chord/greeting.

I wish the old Sega pinball games did that on boot. Such a missed opportunity. Whenever I boot my JPLW I sing it!

1 week later
#34900 1 year ago
Quoted from Gutterghoul:

New post from JD, another illuminati eye which historically have been hints at his titles. So what we gather from this? Is he-man too on the nose? Is there anything that is trace amounts of foo-fighters or pokemon in this?
[quoted image]

I see no Pokemon in this. Sadly.

2 weeks later
#35252 1 year ago
Quoted from gandamack:

Maybe the new Stern will be a Bond SSLE.

It will be based on a Prem/LE and will have Goldfinger artwork AND include the Goldfinger song for $30k.

#35263 1 year ago
Quoted from EightiesArcade:

How about for some of our younger members a Duke, John Wayne, inspired pinball? For me it’s Civil War inspired. (Older member)

Like Cactus Canyon? Love that game.

2 weeks later
#35596 1 year ago
Quoted from Grantman:

Also, a larger video display and new audio system would indicate a whole new platform. Are they moving to Spike 3 already?

We don't need a larger display. It's the perfect size now. Any bigger and the form factor of the backglass/translite get's messed up. Just look at a JJP. Backbox/display dimensions are all off. Please don't give us what nobody is asking for.

1 month later
#36769 1 year ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

I would've bought it twice! Best choice for a music theme hands down.

Wait. Don't you buy all of your pins twice?

5 months later
#40620 7 months ago

Playing catch up on this thread. Are we still expecting Jaws? I have to say I was super excited for that but I'm afraid the sticker shock of paying for the new factory is going to bust the trust with me and others. I'm NOT in for a premium at the new $10,299 price point we all know is coming for the next release.

#40622 7 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

If it's Spike3 with the cost-reduced metal cabinet Gomez hinted at, they may hold the line on price. But then again, the history of Stern post-2008 is raising prices AND cost reducing. So...

Why do I get the funny feeling that we are about to get Pinball2000'd? New factory, Covid bubble over... Hmm. I hope I'm just being a glass half empty kind of person.

#40624 7 months ago
Quoted from underlord:

I’m holding out for much more than ‘holding the line’ on pricing. Already way too high

MSRP never gets reduced. No going back.

#40626 7 months ago
Quoted from underlord:

Never say never. For 13 grand Jaws better be nothing short of magically immersive and rock solid.
Just like msrp my standards aren’t going back either.

Let's hope. I would love nothing more than to order a Jaws Premium when announced.

#40661 7 months ago
Quoted from beltking:

I’m 99% sure they are doing more stranger premiums but with new art this time. Gonna be a while yet prob a year at least.

Right. Stranger Things Vault. Based on Premium. With invisiglass, shaker and UV kit. $13,999. Oh yeah, new art package.

#40674 7 months ago
Quoted from TylerTheTired:

So, you know how Transformers was a cool toy in the 80s that became huge when it started spanning Japan and USA, with a TV show made to help sell the toys and every kind of merchandise under the sun? And then it happened again in the 2000's with those Michael Bay movies that helped sell more merchandise?
Pokemon is like that, but it was a video game first, and it's sold about $80 billion dollars worth of stuff to Transformer's $25 billion.
I was the target audience when Pokemon started in the 90s, and it still blows my mind that it's so popular today. But the numbers people say Pokemon is the world's highest-grossing media franchise when you combine all the different things like movies, video games, card games, cartoon series, toys, etc. Even bigger than Marvel, Star Wars, or Harry Potter.
And there have been video game versions of Pokemon-themed pinball before, which is why an actual pinball table with a Pokemon theme wouldn't be too far-fetched to most people.

This is on my radar for sure. Even if above $10k on Spike9 I would buy. Let's hope sooner rather than later so I don't have to take a second LOL.

#40676 7 months ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

My kids are 6,9, and 11... all obsessed with Pokemon. I never got into it, but I think a Pokemon pin would kill on location.

Agreed. I would buy two. A Prem for my house and a Pro for one of my locations.

#40681 7 months ago
Quoted from MrVern:

Complete with a hole in the side of the cabinet for "inspections"
oh, the backlash they would face
[quoted image]

They would have to put a 48v disconnect sensor inside the hole.

3 weeks later
#41062 6 months ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Why? It's a Stern.

LOL! Made me spit my drink out! LOL

#41136 6 months ago
Quoted from Grantman:

I was also thinking about how I have not seen many JJP games on location. If you are an operator and choosing between $7k games and $12k games to put on location, which would you choose?

This is absolutely true. While there are lots of Premiums and LE's out in the wild. (some places pride themselves on having all Prems) Pros are a no brainer for an operator on location. 1. Cheaper. 2. Most casual players that don't know or care about the difference (casual players far outnumber Pinheads at our two locations). As a Pinhead I buy Premiums for my collection. As an operator I buy Pros for location.

1 week later
#41485 6 months ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

I just hope if they do Jaws in December , it has a more toned down art package. More realistic and less comic. Would love to see Franchi’s art on this.

Since ZY is now a Stern employee I would expect to see more of his art on games. Also he's done three of Elwin's four Cornerstones so...

#41521 6 months ago
Quoted from Rizmo:

I dont understand the point of vaulting something just to bring it back a year later. Just stop saying its the final run when its not (just keep delaying the run). Whats next bringing back black knight and the munsters?

Would love a B/W Munsters Prem! Bring it.

#41534 6 months ago
Quoted from Apollo18:

Anyone else wondering how many different LE’s Jaws will have ?
Maybe it’s just me
Venom, likely not, reception seems lukewarm atm
GZ70 will most certainly be incoming at some point

LE burnout is on the horizon. What's next? How about the ULE? Ultimate Limited Edition model. $14,999. Your name, likeness or other customer picked items included in the artwork. Maybe call it a PLE. Personal Limited Edition. LOL

#41556 6 months ago

Even I'll buy a Pokemon LE if I can get one. And if I can't, I'll just wait for the next one. Pokemon is setting it up. As others like PinMonk have said. Red, Blue, Green, Yellow and on and on and on through 9 generations of Pokemon. Ok. Yes. I have caught them all. Sigh.

#41559 6 months ago
Quoted from LORDDREK:

I realize Pokémon makes some heads spin but you really gotta put it in perspective. The Pokémon (Either card or game) ruleset and format fits into modern pinball like poker did for EMs. It’s really that simple.
Get all that cartoon crap out of your head. That is just kiddie filler.

It's just an art package. Not looking for the insanity of the Pokemon game ruleset in a pin. Shoot. I would have to physically turn the machine upside down and make the hardest shot in the game to qualify the final wizard mode.

#41561 6 months ago
Quoted from SimplePin:

It's just an art package. Not looking for the insanity of the Pokemon game ruleset in a pin. Shoot. I would have to physically turn the machine upside down and make the hardest shot in the game to qualify the final wizard mode.

In Earths gravity.

#41700 6 months ago
Quoted from Harvester:

Same here; pinstadiums are way too overpriced and deceptively marketed to support IMO. At a much lower price point, I’d be likely to pick up a set. However, like Stern, they seem to follow the “squeeze the margins” business model which is great while it lasts, but hard to sustain in a downturn. Repackaged price increases with zero customer interactions are red flags for business transactions. I mean $300-$650 for $40-$60 materials puts one helluva a premium on assembly and shipping; it breaks the quality product/quality business ratio for me.

Never understood the need for Pinstadiums. Not only are they not needed (my opinion). Installation stinks (my opinion). Alligator clips on nearby flashers? No. Then having to lift and lower the playfield results in all kinds of awkwardness. remove pinstadiums, lay them somewhere on your playfield and tuck the wires out of the way. Oops I pulled off an alligator clip and didn't realize it. Oops, shorted something and blew multiple fuses. No. I've installed these in customer pins a few times. I won't do it again and I certainly won't put them in my games.

#41794 6 months ago
Quoted from John_C:

Step 1: Battle to get the mouth of the shark open.
Step 2: Shoot a ball into the shark's mouth where it is held via magnet. Think of this captive ball as the high-pressure air tank in the movie.
Step 3: Shoot and hit the captive ball, thereby "exploding" the tank and killing the shark.
Just some thoughts.
I'm so looking forward to this machine.

Was just gonna post the same idea and then I saw your post! Awesome.

#41829 6 months ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Just because I paid $13k for my Bond edition doesn’t take away from the fun I get out of it. A dream theme for me and Gomez and team crushed it.
Unless it’s a must have theme I’ll patiently wait it out post NIB that’s all.
Or might just put all my games on route?

Ugh! You just reminded me how much I love my Bond and that it's on route for the next year. Thanks.

#41842 6 months ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

Waiting for the special Goldfinger edition.

You know it's coming. GG has stated his desire to produce it.

#41908 6 months ago
Quoted from JakePG:

The question is, does Elwin's next game sell out?
If Elwin sells out, then future is still indeterminate. If Elwin doesn't sell out, everybody else is doomed (barring an unbelievable license).

Sell out? No Elwin pin has ever sold out. Do you mean first run? Folks having to wait for subsequent runs == an Elwin sell out?

#41910 6 months ago

Of course. My bad. I don't buy LE's so I wasn't considering that when reading the post. Apologies.

#41948 6 months ago

Oh the Van Halen debate again. Doing a search of this thread for "Van Halen" turns up a flurry of posts every year going back 7 years. 2 years ago this was a very busy topic. Same debate every time. Carry on.

#41953 6 months ago

I love Van Halen as much as the next guy. The Dave edition. My thoughts on Van Hagar are that it was pop metal. They were already headed that way with Dave so whatever. I am fan of Sammy Hagar as Samy Hagar and respect his choice to do Van Halen. I mean who wouldn't take that opportunity. Would I buy a VH pin? No.

#42021 5 months ago
Quoted from ScubaScott:

Foo F LE NIB was 13K plus shipping only 3-4 months ago. Now seeing $9950. A 3K difference is quit a hit whatever you want to call it.

That just shows how overpriced they were.

#42024 5 months ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Yeah, it's a "correction" back to where it was pre covid. NIB's are in trouble at these prices.

Bring it on!

#42063 5 months ago
Quoted from tgarrett09:

Pokemon is the highest grossing entertainment franchise of all time. Bigger than Marvel, Star Wars, anything else Disney owns or whatever cult 80s movie you are clamoring for a pin of. Pokemon is a millennial thing and this pin would clearly be targeting my generation and not the boomers or early gen X’ers. The key thing with pokemon is it is still massively popular with kids today, so Stern has the opportunity to target the millennials who are now in a financial position to make these purchases as well as putting out a property that will attract a new generation of people to pinball.
I’m a grown ass man approaching 40 and I’d be a day one buyer. My 8 year old son would also be extremely excited over it, so that’s a win win in my book. I hope that it’s a Jack Danger pin as I think he would knock this one out of the park.

I'm a grown ass man over 50. Grew up playing video games and coding in the 80's. Been a technologist my entire career and video games are what put me there. Skipped Pokemon in my 20's when it came out because i was not into that kind of game. Got turned on to Pokemon with Pokemon Go because of the collecting mechanic. Then tried the main line games and was hooked. I have played all the mainline games. I have completed the Pokedex prior to Scarlett and Violet. Wrapping up those games now. I'm down for a Pokemon pin but it's not an automatic purchase. Want to see the game and pricing options first.

#42080 5 months ago
Quoted from 11strings:

I'm down for Pokémon.
This needs to play during multiball.

I'm hoping for more like the video game series and not trading card / anime. Pokemon was a video game first. If a Pokemon pin is all about anime then I'm out.

I think this is where some of the "grown ass man" comments come from. I suspect most folks know about Pokemon from the cards or anime. And I get that. I tried watching the anime. No way.

#42082 5 months ago

Who's gonna be first to create a GrownAssMan troll account?

#42235 5 months ago
Quoted from Pinbarclay:

Sure that’s a great deal until it’s $5000 next month.

I might even buy at it at that price!

1 week later
#42445 5 months ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

yeah I see that, and I'm still cool paying $9700 shipped for a STH Premium with an upgraded' projector and a few mechs..(I bought the UV kit as well)
I don't plan on selling it anytime in the future, so I'm not really worried about its' market value going down from there --->which is unfortunate, but it is what it is..My NIB purchases most likely will end there. unless it's 5th element from another company

The Fifth Element would be awesome. Love that movie.

1 week later
#42690 4 months ago
Quoted from EtzEtz:

I often hear grumbling about the metal backbox. Forgive me, but what’s the problem?
Is it just a purist / tradition thing relative to older more classic games, or is there some real downside that I don’t yet know about?

Stern games already slide around because they are so light. Can you imagine what a metal cab would be like? I can't imagine. If it aint broke...

#42853 4 months ago
Quoted from doc5md:

Snoop has to have a hidden Martha Stewart wizard mode of some sort!

I was gonna say Snoop has the biggest potential. Not only as a rap pin but as a character. I could see an FF style game with story that just somehow works because it's Snoop. With the music and Martha! But the weed connection. I don't think Stern has the...

#43066 4 months ago
Quoted from blaskoa:

can someone explain spike 2 vs spike 3. is it like thinking intel processor generation 10 vs generation 14? is it the “computer” or “software” running the machine?
what can spike 3 do that spike 2 cant?

A cost reduced cabinet to offset the lack of a price increase this year. This year.

#43131 4 months ago
Quoted from Rizmo:

I just wonder how fast they will retire Venom. That is one game where dealers say its not selling well and you can still find LEs in stock at dealers. I think most of those Venoms will still be there just hanging out. Hopefully this next release the "Pro" isnt stripped down. If it is "jaws" and they have a boat in there but its only in the Prem/LE that will just upset lots of people.

They could go the Fish Tales route for the Pro. There's your boat!
IMG_20220217_172647 (resized).jpegIMG_20220217_172647 (resized).jpeg

#43220 4 months ago
Quoted from gonzo73:

If Jaws is as good as we hope, how many of you need to sell a game for room or funds ??
I'm full up Space wise, but got the funds.

Have the space, don't have the money. Only because I know the second I commit to Jaws, a game I've wanted since the rumors began, I'll get my final invoice for PF. Have a one game budget for '24. I know that's highly unlikely to happen given typical CGC timelines but it would be my rotten luck.

#43280 4 months ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Theme isn't everything though. I've literally never watched the Shadow but damn if it isn't in my top 5 favorite games to play

This is 100% true. I'm not a sports guy at all but I have two sports games in my lineup and they are two of my favorites.

#43290 4 months ago
Quoted from ripit:

Looking at the previous post with Clint Eastwood makes me think about a machine spanning 50 years or his career like they did with Bond. I can't think of anything or anybody i would buy no matter how bad it was just to have it in my house. Clint checks that box !

Which character? Can't be a Clint Eastwood pin. A pin around the "The Man with No Name" trilogy could be interesting.

#43315 4 months ago
Quoted from Oneironaut:

You have 3 sports themes.

Oh yeah! Forgot about Gofers.

#43331 4 months ago
Quoted from RA77:

Do you guys think Spike 3 should have a cabinet design change ?
I do think the existing cabinet is the most practical. Perhaps there is something next gen on the horizon for Spike 3 cabinets ?
I would like to see external cab lighting from Stern Pinball.

I heard ultra lightweight metal cabinets to reduce shipping costs and make moving them easier for the owners. The cabinets have inflatable water bags in the bottom to bottom to add weight while in the playing location.

#43335 4 months ago
Quoted from BRW84:

As long as the cabinets are heavy enough that they don't slide around too much when nudging, I'm not opposed to lighter cabinets. Out of all the different aspects of pinball collecting, moving machines around is not among my favorite parts.

Stern is already at that threshold with Spike 2.

1 week later
#43502 3 months ago

If we are talking Spike2 remakes I'll take a B/W Munsters Premium.

#43516 3 months ago
Quoted from ahdelarge:

We can lie to ourselves all we want, but the Premium/LE is the proper pinball machine and the proper version. The Pro is the gimped version for location. I've been a Pro buyer for years due to budget, but I'm not kidding myself, I know the Premium/LE is the main intended game.
For Godzilla, the Premium/LE is the best version. Who wants a pinball with no mechanical toys? Godzilla Pro is the most bare bones Stern I've ever played and I can't justify "fast" for a good pinball experience. Not even a drop target to satisfy. More power to the people that just want a flat plastic and ramp 1980s experience.

My main issue with Pro's is the plastic apron. I know I know. Blah blah blah has nothing to do with gameplay etc. But come on. Plastic apron?

#43550 3 months ago
Quoted from mbl1116:

Sure...and I'll contribute with this hot take:
Pokemon would be a much more entertaining/interesting theme if done properly and has way more Insider Connected potential

Quoted from Goronic:

I hate that that’s right…but it probably is.

Totally agree. The pops can be the tall grass. Shoot the ball in the pops and use the number of pops to randomly pick a Pokemon to encounter and start a catch mode if lit. Complete the mode, "catch" the pokemon and add to the pokedex which are just IC achievements. Lot's of potential.

#43751 3 months ago
Quoted from Bmad21:

This is fish tales 2.0

Fish Tales is apparently and Elwin fave so...

#43763 3 months ago
Quoted from RA77:

No Chief Brodie confirmed !
Booooo
[quoted image]

It was because of the smoking references.

#43773 3 months ago
Quoted from RA77:

There's even funkos for the funk fans !
[quoted image]

With smoking references no less!

#44044 3 months ago
Quoted from Molon_Labe:

King Kong would be great. Shogun Warriors would also be a nice tie in to GZ since he was their nemesis. They were a huge toy line from the 70s and Marvel did a comic run as well. They were some of the coolest toys at the time. I always wanted a couple, but their price tag was out of my grass cutting range. I am not sure if it was intended or not, but the Foo Fighter's "Foobot" sure looks like a throwback homage to the Shogun Warriors.[quoted image]

Man I remember those! I think I had that one in the back with the yellow horns. So cool.

#44085 3 months ago
Quoted from Quiksilva86:

I’d love to see a music pin with songs from different artists. License each song individually like video games do. Could be a “Warped Tour” theme
THPS (Tony Hawk Pro Skater) would also be a lot of fun. 8-10 songs from the game and rails/ramps to hit sounds perfect

TouchTunes the Pin.

#44133 3 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I thought I would like it, but I didn't like the additional closer magnet and the repurposed frickin' laser beam assembly from Austin Powers that really slows it down. I'm not going to turn an LE DOWN (NEVER the Prem for that awful AMC art all over the cab and backglass), but one of the few where I prefer the Pro over the Prem/LE.
But hey, another case where a comic version TWD cab/backglass reskin kit could improve ALL the Premiums out there by getting rid of all that terrible, visually obtrusive AMC branding.

This is why I can't buy Stranger Things. Wanted a premium, was all in on the new run and then I just couldn't take my eyes off of the Netflix logo. I don't need to pay Stern $9k+ to advertise to myself something I already pay for. No place for it really. I love the game and play it on location but I won't own it with the Netflix logo.

#44137 3 months ago
Quoted from Goronic:

TRON has the Disney logo, are you saying that the licensor can’t have their logos on their IP? Not only does it not bother me, but honestly I would expect it.

Quoted from jarjarisgod:

Agreed. It’s an odd line to draw in the sand for whether or not to buy a pinball machine, but to each their own.
LOTR has the New Line Cinema logo. Deadpool has the Marvel logo. The list goes on and on.

You are both right and I don't disagree. I guess STAR WARS has Lucasfilm on it too albeit very small. We alll know it's Lucasfilm and Disney, just like we all know it's Netflix and Stranger things. Like TWD, Stranger Things didn't have to be so in your face about it.

#44172 3 months ago
Quoted from Jaytech10:

Clash of the titans 1981 movie story line would be cool. I know the effects were not very good back then. But the adventures of his quest would be great in code and mech/toys

The clockwork owl would be a cool pinball mech.

1 week later
#44307 3 months ago
Quoted from Jaytech10:

I'll be your huckleberry on here. We need a tombstone pinball. Western would be great different theme. Just watch the movie for 10th or more

Don't see alot of desire for cowboy games and we got CCr.

#44318 3 months ago
Quoted from Prince66cali:

Actually the last several games have been trash: Jaws, FF, Venom, Rush. It's like an all star team of sh$t. Mass produced trash. In the past if the games sucked at least you had trade or monetary value based on scarcity. Now......

Does this mean you like Bond or forgot about it?

#44335 3 months ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

Have you been to Five-Guys recently?
(Per person)
McDonald's = $9ish
Five-Guys = $20 and up
WTF to both.
I remember when McD's was $3 for any combo.

Took my two daughters to Five-Guys last week. First time since well before Covid. $70.

#44466 3 months ago
Quoted from mostater:

The Offspring

OMG worst band ever. Guys voice is a horrible raspy mess. Instant station change back in the day if it came on while in the car.

#44631 86 days ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I would be on that like fly on shit instead of Pokemon
I do think Pokemon will do really well on location and it will be a great seller for Stern

I'm not really in the market for a new Stern. Have a PF on order and that should be coming at some point in the near future. Other than that I'm looking to snag one of the lower priced games from my wishlist. Stern releasing Pokemon will derail that plan and cost me lots more money and I'm ok with that because it's Pokemon.

#44665 85 days ago
Quoted from Whistles:

So to alleviate panic in those who see future titles like Journey and ozzy and are not sure how they would fare-
Stern may be stepping into a "one-off, one-on" cadence, in which they can have a high profile title like jaws, it sells well and now it frees you up to just take absolute flyers like grandpa-rock music pins and super niche themes as well.
There are some here who just want stern to be a non-stop hit factory and, well it's ok for these to be pins that people pass on, you can make all this work in the end and they are not sweating quarterly numbers like a publicly held corp.

If Stern goes public it's all over. Greed (sweating quarterly numbers) will quickly kill the company as product will suffer.

#44753 84 days ago
Quoted from JakeFAttie:

here you go, Stern...
[quoted image]

Lot of folks missing here and more than one from the band that would be the only rock pin that I would consider. The Grateful Dead!

#44770 84 days ago
Quoted from Nicholastree:

That could be a gorgeous cab. Such a rich variety of art across Dead albums and culture. Unfortunately for Stern, though…

Right. Not sure how many pinheads are deadheads. I suspect we are rare. There are at least three or four of us on Pinside that advertise that fact with our avatars. Don't see it ever happening with Stern.

#44784 84 days ago
Quoted from NeonBaller:

I got this poster in February of '79 after spending the evening sitting behind both drummers while "working" as an usher at the concert. I'm in for a LE/CE if one ever materializes.
Damn, it'll be 45 years next month since that show. No wonder that old guy whose reflection is in the glass has gray hair!
[quoted image]

Amazing. I saw 57 shows between '86 and '93. Never got that close! Lucky.

2 weeks later
#45192 70 days ago
Quoted from judremy:

So removing some depth from the cabinet removes the LCD screen? Wow. Great argument. Look at it economically. This makes it smaller which means lower shipping costs for Stern. Also, they can put more in a container to go overseas because they are smaller. I think it is a smart move. Most people just can't deal with change.

I'm one of those people. A pinball machine is a certain shape and a certain weight and...

#45209 69 days ago
Quoted from Collingwood2010:

KISS are hard to get in Mint Cond.

'79 Bally? I have a mint condition (restored) Kiss with overlay. Beautiful. Make me an offer

#45347 63 days ago
Quoted from Quiksilva86:

Mr. Danger drops in this thread periodically. I suggested Pokémon and THPS a few years ago and believe I am solely responsible for the developments /s

Well in that case I'll personally thank you if this happens. I may forget so remind me.

#45378 63 days ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

People are so excited for Spike 3, even though it means very little to most of us. But until they show it being a slight iteration on Spike 2, the possibilities are endless to some
[quoted image]
(spoiler alert: it'll still be a pinball machine)

Not if it's half the weight and comes with fillable sand bags! LOL

#45400 62 days ago

That's the game we need!

1 month later
#46195 22 days ago
Quoted from Pinhead_:

Yeah the whole pokemon in japan point is MOOT because Pinball is NOT popular in the country.
Japan is big on Pachinko, when was the last time you saw massive halls of import pachinko games in 'Murica.

There's one in my basement!

IMG_2948 (resized).jpegIMG_2948 (resized).jpeg
#46447 19 days ago

If there ever is a Kill Bill don't you think it would be Play Mechanix and CGC?

#46469 19 days ago
Quoted from skink91:

Word is the constant harassment from crujones4life caused Stern to change their minds and they decided to never do it.

I kinda miss the Cru memes.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 175.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 10.50
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

8,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Indianapolis, IN
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
JAWS (PREMIUM) Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 16.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

5,050 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 125.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
PINBALLPICKERS

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 21.50
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider simplepin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine?tu=simplepin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.