IMG_8731 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1953.gif
Joker (resized).png
IMG_1142 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240425_122724_Chrome (resized).jpg
kekw (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20220125-011842_Facebook (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 47,180 posts in this topic. You are on page 796 of 944.
#39751 8 months ago
Quoted from MrBigg:

They make a Keanu Reeves game based on his career only....
Start at "One step away", then that mode leads to "babes in toyland", then cut scene to start Bill and Ted.... jackpot finally becomes available, but then "point break" mode wipes it out.
Bram stokers Dracula appears, jackpot realizable, but Johnny Mnumonic appears, and your score gets wiped to zero...
Matrix mode, appears to allow score to start back until 2 and 3 come up, and you realize anything you hit is negative points.
7 modes later "the day the earth stood still" and the machine locks up, flippers quit, and ball drains with a save that says... "47 ronin multiball" and 47 balls shoot out allowing you to recover all your previous scores.
Leading to John wick mode... all lights go out, and scores are based on targets hit as a single flash goes off with each hit to represent a gunfire shot...
Etc, etc, etc. I could run that all day.
Now THAT is a pinball machine, with about 57 modes. The greatest being "Constantine"! Where you are trapping demons in mirrors, and are required to smoke, and drink during gameplay while the devil taunts you.

John Wick shoot out - mini playfield as in Family Guy, but utilizing Hyperball cannon .

#39752 8 months ago

You got the touch! Take me back to 1986!

#39753 8 months ago
Quoted from Br81zad:

Original Top Gun would sell for sure.
To add to the potential 80's themes: Die Hard, The Princess Bride, Scarface, Beetlejuice, Spaceballs, Ferris Bueller, Bill & Ted, Airplane!

A combo original and Maverick Top Gun would be a slam dunk. Either would be a great theme and potential game, though.

I am pretty surprised Top Gun hasn't been done already actually. It must be a difficult license to get.

#39754 8 months ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

A combo original and Maverick Top Gun would be a slam dunk. Either would be a great theme and potential game, though.
I am pretty surprised Top Gun hasn't been done already actually. It must be a difficult license to get.

Wasn't F-14 supposed to be Top Gun and it fell through?

#39755 8 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Wasn't F-14 supposed to be Top Gun and it fell through?

Gottlieb Gold Wings.

#39756 8 months ago

Stern really missed the boat on Beetljuice and letting go of Franchi. Part 2 is filming now.

SmartSelect_20230809_005232_Chrome (resized).jpgSmartSelect_20230809_005232_Chrome (resized).jpg
#39757 8 months ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

Stern really missed the boat on Beetljuice and letting go of Franchi. Part 2 is filming now.
[quoted image]

The designers at Stern didn't want to do Beetlejuice.

#39758 8 months ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

This sounded like the strangest cop out to me. I'm sure they've had countless designers make games with themes they had no connection to over the years, but Beetlejuice was the game to make someone say enough was enough? As an example, I can't picture Brian Eddy being a die-hard Stranger Things fan, but they made that....so did someone crunch the numbers and decide that Beetlejuice wasn't the theme for Stern?

#39759 8 months ago
Quoted from frankmac:

You got the touch! Take me back to 1986!

Now Optimus prime has to be LGBTQI————!
And batter powered and not turbo diesel, very sad

#39760 8 months ago
Quoted from oldskool1969:

Now Optimus prime has to be LGBTQI————!
And batter powered and not turbo diesel, very sad

No he doesn't..

#39761 8 months ago
Quoted from MrBigg:

They make a Keanu Reeves game based on his career only....
Start at "One step away", then that mode leads to "babes in toyland", then cut scene to start Bill and Ted.... jackpot finally becomes available, but then "point break" mode wipes it out.
Bram stokers Dracula appears, jackpot realizable, but Johnny Mnumonic appears, and your score gets wiped to zero...
Matrix mode, appears to allow score to start back until 2 and 3 come up, and you realize anything you hit is negative points.
7 modes later "the day the earth stood still" and the machine locks up, flippers quit, and ball drains with a save that says... "47 ronin multiball" and 47 balls shoot out allowing you to recover all your previous scores.
Leading to John wick mode... all lights go out, and scores are based on targets hit as a single flash goes off with each hit to represent a gunfire shot...
Etc, etc, etc. I could run that all day.
Now THAT is a pinball machine, with about 57 modes. The greatest being "Constantine"! Where you are trapping demons in mirrors, and are required to smoke, and drink during gameplay while the devil taunts you.

How many pots have you smoken?

#39762 8 months ago
Quoted from Oneironaut:

These are not sold out. Beatles can still be found at distros NIB at a discount. Ya, a real mover.

Stern sold all of them, they don't have any left. I didn't say that distributors sold all that they purchased from Stern.

#39763 8 months ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

How is Bond60th a failure?
I do not know anyone that has one that does not like it, including us..

Yes, it's a great game! No doubt. Enjoy it.
It simply failed to sell to Stern's expectations.
How many of the limited 500 units did they end up manufacturing?

#39764 8 months ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

[quoted image]

It's about 25 years too late.

#39765 8 months ago
Quoted from Methos:

It's about 25 years too late.

Apprently not for Pulp Fiction and GodFather. Jaws too.

#39766 8 months ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

Apprently not for Pulp Fiction and GodFather. Jaws too.

Good point.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#39767 8 months ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

How is Bond60th a failure?
I do not know anyone that has one that does not like it, including us..

Pretty much every dealer/distro sitting on several unsold 60ths. Such a small production run yet everyone has multiples of them in stock and they are trying to discount/trade deal their way out of them. A good percentage of the small limited production is sitting NIB.

That's a pretty poor showing.

Has nothing to do really with if the game is good or not.

#39768 8 months ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

Pretty much every dealer/distro sitting on several unsold 60ths. Such a small production run yet everyone has multiples of them in stock and they are trying to discount/trade deal their way out of them. A good percentage of the small limited production is sitting NIB.
That's a pretty poor showing.
Has nothing to do really with if the game is good or not.

$20,000 was greedy and all things launched by Stern for Bond were botched. It's not surprising really.

It's a shame because it was a great IP for pinball and both games are very good.

#39769 8 months ago
Quoted from kool1:

$20,000 was greedy and all things launched by Stern for Bond were botched. It's not surprising really.
It's a shame because it was a great IP for pinball and both games are very good.

+1
Both Stern and IP holders for Bond deserve credit for all the extensive video content available on the JB007 machines. But the crappy code at launch (now much better) and the confusing translite art didn’t help. The pro is Dr No, not James Bond. The premium is You Only Live Twice, not James Bond. My LE says Thunderball, not James Bond. Someone somehow forgot that marking the 60th anniversary of the first Bond film would also imply that references to 60 year old movies wouldn’t be as recognizable as putting “James Bond” in the biggest letters on the marquee.

Combine that with the launch of a $20k pinball machine that has a retro design similar to some $2k machines? Not Stern’s finest moments…

#39770 8 months ago

Why is this not brought to the front and center of all of these debates?

South Park - Part 2.
Choose any of about 10 long term themes from the later seasons (Tegridy farms would be mine).
K.Elwin designs.

Can you say - free money?
When the first game is widely collected AND a suck game AND the theme's still solid........

#39771 8 months ago

A pinball I would love to see be made is Little Shop of Horrors. The possibilities are endless. Hey "feed me".

#39772 8 months ago

After such great Success Nintendo had with Zelda TOTK I think there's enough meat on the bone to create a great RPG pin!!

#39773 8 months ago

An original theme based on Space wth lycra clad women astro naughts everywhere.
With lasers and space monsters and I am there to save them

oh wait, that was in the 70's

#39774 8 months ago
gg1 (resized).pnggg1 (resized).pnggg2 (resized).pnggg2 (resized).png
#39775 8 months ago
Quoted from PinballAlley:

A pinball I would love to see be made is Little Shop of Horrors. The possibilities are endless. Hey "feed me".

I’ve been banging this drum for ages. Great theme that you could do so much with.

#39776 8 months ago
Quoted from starfighter:

[quoted image][quoted image]

"Aren't you a little young for full contact?"
"Aren't you a little old for video games?"
"You wanna go again, huh?"
"Yeah."

#39777 8 months ago
Quoted from Aussiepinwiz:

Yes, it's a great game! No doubt. Enjoy it.
It simply failed to sell to Stern's expectations.
How many of the limited 500 units did they end up manufacturing?

I fairly sure Stern made all 500. Price stopped it selling well so there are still a few available in the USA. Good chance to get one at a discount!

#39778 8 months ago
Quoted from ejg10532626:

Why is this not brought to the front and center of all of these debates?
South Park - Part 2.
Choose any of about 10 long term themes from the later seasons (Tegridy farms would be mine).
K.Elwin designs.
Can you say - free money?
When the first game is widely collected AND a suck game AND the theme's still solid........

I couldn't agree more that another South Park pin does not get enough talk. It would crush as a theme.

Your idea about picking a running theme from multiple episodes is an interesting one to tackle the problem of too much content. I wouldn't want to limit to just those episodes, maybe just as artwork theme for the different trims? I would want bits and pieces of all the best episodes, characters and multi-episode themes to be included in the game.

#39779 8 months ago

Why do you say that? Who said that from Stern?

I think this is a made-up rumor on Pinside.

#39780 8 months ago
Quoted from turbo2nr:

No I am pretty sure it was somebody at Stern that said it. Maybe Gomez? I can't remember...

#39781 8 months ago

No I am pretty sure it was somebody at Stern that said it. Maybe Gomez? I can't remember...

You're right.. Franchi quotes him here

Screenshot_20230810_000727_Facebook (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230810_000727_Facebook (resized).jpg
#39782 8 months ago

Michael Keaton doing a private signing. Need beetle juice translite now Yeti to get signed.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#39783 8 months ago

I can’t imagine being hired to do a job and being like “Nah I don’t feel like doing that…”

#39784 8 months ago

"Aren't you a little young for full contact?"
"Aren't you a little old for video games?"
"You wanna go again, huh?"
"Yeah."

Such a good movie!

841F02E6-72CA-4214-B848-9E0DDDEAE08C.gif841F02E6-72CA-4214-B848-9E0DDDEAE08C.gif
#39785 8 months ago

How does the glass fit on that

Quoted from LORDDREK:

I can’t imagine being hired to do a job and being like “Nah I don’t feel like doing that…”

What if it was "Hey , wanna do this but you get no assets to work with?" would explain why nobody would want to do it

#39786 8 months ago
Quoted from LORDDREK:

You can't imagine it because that isn't what happened. Sounds more like the teams are presented with a bunch of themes and given the option to choose the ones that they would like to do most. That's a good thing.

#39787 8 months ago

I really like Michael Keaton, but for some reason Beetlejuice never really clicked with me. I would most likely be a pass on that. Rumor was a while back the Nordman wanted to do a Beetlejuice machine. He has moved around so much, I can't remember which company he was with at the time!

#39788 8 months ago
IMG_3152 (resized).jpegIMG_3152 (resized).jpeg
#39789 8 months ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

Such a good movie!
[quoted image]

Fucking classic. I have seen this movie sooo many times. Have pretty much the whole thing memorized. I wanted to be VanDamme so bad as a kid...lol.

#39790 8 months ago

If they asked the teams today, they might get a different answer.

#39791 8 months ago
Quoted from turbo2nr:

He is right. I forget who it was, but there was a video of Stern employees playing pinball and talking. One of them said the designers did not want to do Beetlejuice. That was back like 3 years ago.

#39792 8 months ago
Quoted from Ty-Arnold:

He is right. I forget who it was, but there was a video of Stern employees playing pinball and talking. One of them said the designers did not want to do Beetlejuice. That was back like 3 years ago.

F’ing retards! Beetleguese would be badass!! Oh, wait…..they have to keep rolling out dumb ass marvel pins!!

#39793 8 months ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

Sounds more like the teams are presented with a bunch of themes and given the option to choose the ones that they would like to do most.

Interesting if that's the way it worked, I wonder which theme they might have picked instead? Overall conerstones themes have been pretty strong in the LCD era. I think Beetlejuice is an okay theme, but if I was choosing themes the only one I think I would swap out for Beetlejuice from LCD era Sterns is probably The Munsters (not that I dont like Munsters, just my opinion based on theme alone).

#39794 8 months ago
Quoted from WODKA:

You're right.. Franchi quotes him here
[quoted image]

It doesn't make sense. Aesthetically and comedically, Beetlejuice is very similar to Elvira. Almost like the male version of her.

#39795 8 months ago

Here are the results (so far) of a survey posted on Facebook (by he who shall not be named) about potential pinball themes. There were 2,667 votes (you can select more than one answer).

FB survey results (resized).jpgFB survey results (resized).jpg
#39796 8 months ago
Quoted from Grantman:

Here are the results (so far) of a survey posted on Facebook (by he who shall not be named) about potential pinball themes. There were 2,667 votes (you can select more than one answer).

Where's that survey? Link please.

#39797 8 months ago
Quoted from Grantman:

[quoted image]

Boom. There you have it.

Survey is on Kaneda's Facebook page.

#39799 8 months ago

I always thought Talladega Nights would make for an amazing pin.

download (resized).jpgdownload (resized).jpg
#39800 8 months ago
Quoted from Grantman:

[quoted image]

That list is full of ish. No Lawrence Welk?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 18.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfield, CT
$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 53.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
Cabinet - Other
WilliPinball Mods

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 73.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 899.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Wilkes-barre, PA
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 47,180 posts in this topic. You are on page 796 of 944.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/796 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.