Topic Stats

• 6,445 posts
  • 802 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 hours ago by gregh43
  • Topic is favorited by 136 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 651 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

80B0E8CD-0CF7-4E38-A3A7-29045F239119 (resized).jpeg
1A7295AC-EEDE-424A-AC41-AD8EE4C6AAB7 (resized).jpeg
F4D24AB5-6867-4E89-B33C-5C9EFE59F016 (resized).jpeg
7816E6E4-75DB-4ACE-BF63-58BC6E552426 (resized).jpeg
Weird (resized).jpeg
2bd3596680dc9bcd2f08280513edaa22 (resized).jpg
sexy_reptiles___creamy_donatello_rq_april_2join_in_by_alaer-d7iyph7 (resized).jpg
2CACCC99-7C1D-42AE-A540-3F839F8371E2 (resized).jpeg
a26fa99cf160b753518704c8de5f8acb (resized).jpg
D7D40B74-6E1A-47AC-AF03-06B37F186E49 (resized).jpeg
7F0C10C9-54DF-4B36-A494-CCB15CA7A669 (resized).jpeg
655C6BA2-1C0F-4014-93D0-00FA55C78105 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20191223-132219_Kijiji (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20191223-132223_Kijiji (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20191223-132208_Kijiji (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20191223-132204_Kijiji (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ahdelarge.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#64 3 years ago
Quoted from whisper:

Hope they re make/ new version of a data east or sega title, ninja turtles or South Park .

Either of those titles would sell nicely in today's market. Ninja Turtles is hot again at the moment (basing this on the amount of new toys and another new movie out) and an updated South Park should have no problem selling with the continued popularity of the show and various games still being made. Couple this with nostalgia being a big driving factor in pinball sales and a thirst for new games.

#162 3 years ago
Quoted from TouchingEvil:

NO MORE ROCKBAND PINBALLS!
I want:
Big Trouble in little china or Goonies

The translites basically paint themselves with that artwork....maybe classic 80s movies will be the next theme done to death by Stern, like rock band pins. Ghostbusters being the beginning. I WISH!

#193 3 years ago

Current list of great titles that would make great Stern pinball machines from this current thread:

Guardians of the Galaxy. This has been hinted at, given the thumbs up by George Gomez on Facebook many months ago from memory and someone said that Stern had acquired the license.

Deadpool. Lots of action and humour. A more edgy title, but could see this one selling well.

Suicide Squad. The movie isn't out yet, but theme and artwork alone would make this an interesting pinball machine. Looking forward to seeing this one in the cinema.

Now, my outside pick....I've been wanting to see this as a pinball title since the first movie was released. Wreck It Ralph. Would look great with a new colour display, great look to the movie and the addition of classic video game characters to tap into that nostalgia factor that Stern loves so much. A sequel is also in the works for 2018. Only stumping block here is licensing to include other video game characters.

2 weeks later
#276 3 years ago

Sheesh! Down voted for posting evidence of possible next title. Tough crowd!

Someone recently posted:
Whoah Nellie re-theme (turned out to be true)
Aerosmith (we'll see. Could be Slayer?)
Batman TDK re-themed to 66 Batman.
Elvira 3.

#310 3 years ago

So, Slayer was a smoke screen? Digital table or Stern have the Slayer license and will release a pinball in the future? On track for Aerosmith still?

And then...Star Wars more likely for later than March 2017?

Most likely:
Aerosmith
Batman '66

New rumor:
Elvira 3

Future:
Star Wars
Iron Maiden

Possible future that Stern mentioned a lot on Facebook and then people forgot:
Guardians of the Galaxy

Pins that people really want that will probably happen if it keeps getting mentioned: Jaws

Rumors that fizzled out:
The Fast and the Furious
Superman
Resident Evil
Mad Max

Pins that really should happen after all the posters, banners, marketing that I've seen lately that are begging for Stern Pinball: Suicide Squad.

1 week later
#360 3 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

What happened to the rumors of a Jurassic Park theme'd game this year? Have we decided it's not happening yet and it's down to Star Wars or Aerosmith next?

Yeah, I remember before KISS people were throwing Jurassic World around....or was it Game of Thrones? Either way, it seemed like a solid rumour and then dropped off.

2 weeks later
#393 3 years ago

So....first it was Aerosmith with new display for Pinball Expo...and now it's Batman '66....or is it both? or has Aerosmith dropped off the radar? All these questions need answering. lol.

#394 3 years ago
Quoted from ahdelarge:

So....first it was Aerosmith with new display for Pinball Expo...and now it's Batman '66....or is it both? or has Aerosmith dropped off the radar? All these questions need answering. lol.

I forgot the 2 days that the pinball community thought there was a full-sized Slayer pinball up next...

#409 3 years ago

When they run out of themes that people want now, maybe in a few years we'll see stuff like Pulp Fiction and Kill Bill. The Big Lebowski and Rob Zombie could lead the way.

#433 3 years ago
Quoted from Plungemaster:

I just got confirmation rumors are next pin might be Jaws.

The next pin as in Aerosmith next, or right now next like Batman 66 or is it the next after that?

#442 3 years ago
Quoted from nman:

Ok, now that that's out of the way, what will be the NEXT Stern pinball machine?

Aerosmith???? Lol

1 month later
#453 3 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

If Batman '66 represents how they will be handling VE's in the future (I don't mean the SLE thing, just old titles upgraded with new toys and a LCD screen) then Tron seems like a no brainier for them to print money.

Yeah, Tron seems like a future VE certainty. It's cheap to make, change the artwork, add a bit more bling and upgrade to LCD and then load the price. $$$

So...speculation of future Stern titles after Aerosmith?

Elvira 3
Pulp Fiction
Star Wars
Iron Maiden
Guardians of the Galaxy
Jaws
The Fast & the Furious
Jurassic World
Edit: forgot Slayer

#458 3 years ago

Wow, I thought the Elvira thing was just pinside wishful thinking.

1 month later
#489 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

You mean like...

How can this not be the makings of an amazing pinball machine?

Ghostbusters would be out the door ASAP if they announced it....then after an amazing game, the ball drains and you hear "go home, jerk off. And that's all you're gonna do!"

2 months later
#521 2 years ago

I hope that Stern Star Wars isn't a wasted opportunity. I own DE Star Wars and now looking at purchasing the Stern version, but I don't want the DE version to be the better pinball.

#552 2 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

Maybe W-A-T-C-H?

I was keen for a Stern Pulp Fiction...even over Star Wars and Iron Maiden, but someone said to me that they thought another company had the license. Can anyone else chime in on the current state of the Pulp Fiction rumour?

#555 2 years ago
Quoted from taz:

I recall reading a rumor long ago that Pulp Fiction might be DP's next game that follows up the Big Lebowski. I haven't heard anything about it lately though.

Yeah, that was what I was told also....and Lebowski hasn't even shipped to everyone yet? Groan....

#557 2 years ago
Quoted from The_Glimmerman:

I would say , if they get the rights, an ABBA pinball would appeal to mostly everyone. A good theme to operate.

Yeah, I'm just imagining it now. Alone in my games room late at night and Dancing Queen multiball comes on. Tears streaming down my face...having the time of my life....

1 month later
#571 2 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

Star Wars
Elvira 3 (Boutique line)
Iron Maiden?
I don't think there's time to put something else between Star Wars and Iron Maiden. Seems like this would be the 2017 lineup. Not sure if Stern is making the Attack from Mars remix machines on contract like they did for Medieval Madness. If so that's another machine that will be on the line in their factory (though not their game).

Would Stern put out two music titles in one year? I suppose there is a game or two in between and Aerosmith should have come out last year.

#581 2 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

Ghostbusters PF issues basically ruined almost all of 2016's schedule, then the Aerosmith/Batman'66 switcheroo further confounded things, so I don't think that was the intention, but may be the way it works out.

Pulp Fiction mentioned on podcast today as possible end of year Stern release.

So...

Star Wars
Elvira 3
Iron Maiden/Pulp Fiction.

And then they go on to question if Star Wars will actually make a May 4 announcement (edit: meaning it will be pushed back).

#585 2 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

What podcast was this? Pulp Fiction seems SO much more like a Dutch Pinball or Heighway type machine. I can't see a Stern with that license, and fans of that movie would probably be disappointed if Stern did it. I don't care either way, but it seems so un-Stern (but then again, so does My Little Pony (Bronie?))

Kaneda podcast.

I have Stern faith! New color display and experience with past adult content in The Sopranos, The Walking Dead, etc.

Agree with you that it doesn't seem like a Stern fit, but it was a favourite movie of mine, so I'm keen to see an established company ship a game like this on time....or just ship it at all.

2 weeks later
#619 2 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Based on historical data, when can we expect the next stern to be announced? ( ballpark )

Based on historical data, there's usually a May announcement. No May 4th Star Wars announcement due to current production backlogs. Can anyone else add to this?

3 weeks later
#644 2 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

It's Disney, and Stern has a licensing relationship with them already. I've heard this was on the list of machines coming, but not recently. Hopefully it still is.

Yeah, George Gomez mentioned it a lot on facebook a few years back and then the rumour seemed to go cold.

#658 2 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I don't doubt that JJP makes great games at all, they're just out of my price range is all. I'm more or a Stern Pro guy. I did splurge for a GB Premium because I felt it is a really special pin but other than that my other games are Pro models and I am extremely happy with them. You can't have much more fun in pinball than a TWD, GOT, and AS Pro.

I've ALWAYS been a Stern Pro guy....but succumbed to Wizard of Oz this year. Bought a secondhand game for a little bit more than the cost of a Stern Pro. Worth every penny. One of the best games I've ever owned. Everyone is different though.

2 months later
#762 2 years ago

Back to the Future - TAKE MY MONEY!!!!

2 weeks later
#815 2 years ago

It's been a while since we've had a new Tron VE thread. Must be one soon? How 'bout Iron Man?
:-p

#830 2 years ago

Lol. I saw a sited Tron today and briefly felt the sickness. "Why did I ever sell my favourite game? To buy Walking Dead. Move along...."

So, do we have a new Back to the Future or Rick & Morry pin from Stern yet?

1 month later
#937 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

A Stern GOTG - very likely.
A full soundtrack with 10 licensed songs - never gonna happen. Unless they're covers like TBL.
The conversation to have is what 3 songs would HAVE to be in a GOTG pin?

What about Mustang? It had songs from multiple artists. Sony label, but I'm sure it's still achievable. Especially for a company like Stern and not a boutique?

#1040 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I have heard that Stern buy up a lot of licences that never get used/see the light of day. Jurassic World was another licence I saw mentioned a lot at one point. Guess licensing doesn't cost that much if a company can afford to sit on a few at a time and never use them!?

Resident Evil was mentioned for years....Fast and the Furious also.....

2 weeks later
#1078 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I'd be in line for one!
Thing is after TRON VE, what's the next title going to be? MET VE seems too soon, AC/DC & TRON where the two titles that where selling over their NIB prices, so it TRON does come next year there's no other titles demanding more than new in the used market.
LOTR is popular still but there where a lot of those made, Simpsons is still popular and current, another SM (homecoming/MCU) VE, other titles like CSI, 24 have seen their best years behind them, although they could be re-themed vault editions similar to BM66 just without the silly price tag.

More Iron Man after that?

#1104 2 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

They need to upgrade Tron ala Batman '66. LCD with scenes from Legacy as well as custom animation. Lighted ramps as well as all color changing LED's under the inserts. Custom made light cycles. Full arcade machine mod.
Regular VE stay on the same hardware, as Stern has stated, but Batman '66 shows they will upgrade under the right conditions. What conditions are better than Tron?

Sold my Tron to experience new games, but that would definitely be a reason for me to buy it again! AC/DC VE this year, what's coming next year?

2 months later
#1212 2 years ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

Maiden will be made

Would be terrible if it wasn't. Iron Maiden needs to see the light of day.

#1255 2 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

JT almost 2 years worth of work, = drained !
I don't see why it cant be re-hashed under another designer ?
If scrapped a big hit to Stern investing so many man hours, r&d and I guess a lot of the hardware was already manufactured.
Understandable if they have to scrap it, very sad though, especially if it was Maiden.
I've been patiently waiting for over 10 years now.
Hoping after the court case is finalized that Stern will come out with a statement on JT's last game with Stern.
Part of pinball history, albeit the terrible circumstances.

Going by the current rate of similar layouts, they probably had to go from a variation on Mustang to a variation on KISS for Iron Maiden now. You'll feel like you're playing Aerosmith, but only better!
:-p

#1277 2 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Twd vault
Deadpool
Elvira
Iron Maiden maybe
Jurassic World

Jurassic World hasn't been mentioned for a while, but new movie is coming out in 2018. This would fit well with the 2 year period when people start mentioning rumoured titles.

2 weeks later
#1296 2 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

deadpool or jurassic world would interest me, would think pearl jam would make for a good music pin

In John Borg's Pearl Jam, we see the Walking Dead's layout return where the excitement builds with Jeremy Multiball and the crossbow mechanism shoots balls on to the playfield. Operators are expecting big earnings on location.

#1318 2 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

It's sad as it's not Borg, but Stern as all other designers get one to two years while Borg is putting out two a year. It's not right. When Borg gets time we get Tron, Metallica, and Twd.
On this rushed schedule we get Kiss, Aerosmith, and GOTG which are all way too similar.

John Borg is still my favourite game designer regardless of time constraints. He's the king in my eyes.

1 month later
#1458 1 year ago
Quoted from Wakky:

Now you are getting close. Start a topic ' Bon Jovi pinball speculation' so Stern can see it and the rumours start

You already fuelled that rubbish before.

#1470 1 year ago
Quoted from Wakky:

You should go back to that aussie arcade where you belong... oh wait home of the backyarders that says a lot lol

Geez mate, calm down! Fact checking you and you get all snarky. If you keep wheeling out false facts, I'm going to call you on it.

#1475 1 year ago
Quoted from Wakky:

False facts? Do you visit the Stern factory as much as I do? No... better get them facts straight hey!

I take a dump once a day. Doesn't make me an expert on toilets either.

Fun fact. Your last visit to the Stern factory. May 2017. You told people in the Deadpool thread that you were at the factory yesterday. Posting pictures of the production line showing Aerosmith getting built from your photos in May. Not a very credible source when you keep spreading false information.

1 week later
#1678 1 year ago
Quoted from vireland:

Iron Maiden is way more popular than you're giving them credit for, and their IP lends itself to multimedia extremely well.

Exactly. Think of the exposure this machine is going to get on various music and entertainment web sites when it's released.

2 weeks later
#1929 1 year ago
Quoted from karl:

The rumor I have heard is that there will be no Elvira 3 from Stern

Stern will be doing Iron Maiden, Deadpool and Munsters. Throw a Vault Edition in the mix and that's 2018. Elvira 3 is off the radar now.

3 weeks later
#2130 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Correction... it was posted in the Deadpool speculation thread. Nothing has been officially announced for Deadpool.

Wasn't there a speculative playfield photo as well? Appreciate the inbox if you don't want to post publically.

1 month later
#2256 1 year ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

Who cares!!! Node board failures,broke in box,having to fix stuff right out of the box,adjust this ,fix that, mods that kinda work, prices up every year! SLEs ,LEs, Pros ,no no just make SLEs and LEs more money more scam! Have you seen what there is to do on the brand new Houdini? Redo the shooter lane guide,adjust the catapult,as if they made the Damm thing why can't they make it work right!! This is getting stupid!

What's Houdini got to do with the price of Sterns?

9 months later
#2710 11 months ago
Quoted from fisherdaman:

Never going to happen, but what if Stern made a generic Music pin. Had a jukebox similar to ACDC with a generic music theme (non band specific) and then allowed you to add what band(s) or songs you wanted to the jukebox. You could customize the translite with whatever band, group, rapper, or whatever you wanted. Might eliminate the "X band deserves a pin" argument.

This is my dream non-licensed theme pin. Haha

Legit....would want one.

1 week later
#2819 10 months ago
Quoted from davijc02:

After listening to Kaneda’s podcast I can say that the only game I’m remotely excited for is Jurassic World.
None of the music pins he listed are of any interest to me. Harry Potter is even less interesting that the music games.
Of course this all assumes that anything mentioned actually comes to be real.

I don't care about the theme, but looking forward to seeing what Stern do with this title in comparison to the Sega version and Data East Jurassic Park.

1 month later
#3116 9 months ago

If they brought out an upgraded Tron Pro with LCD, new translite and everything else the same, I'd be more excited than The Black Knight, Munsters and even Willy Wonka. Tron - the only game I ever regret selling.

#3122 9 months ago
Quoted from hollywood:

If it is GOT, I believe they need to do a much better job with it. No disrespect to any GOT owners out there, but that was one pin I was super stoked about and ready to throw my money at....biggest let down I’ve experienced yet. So much potential......broke my heart.

I love Game of Thrones, but when I encounter the pinball machine out in the wild, I have no ambition to put money in it. I know that people rate it fairly highly as a good player, it just doesn't drag me in. The art doesn't grab me and the DMD video clip animations hurt my eyes.

With all the new games that Stern are releasing, I can't picture them putting too much effort into Vault releases from this point on. As much as I'd love to see a game like Lord of the Rings or Tron elevated to something truly special with an LCD and total art re-dedign, I think they will just be releasing previous games that can be quickly added to keep the production line running.

2 months later
#3549 6 months ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Resident Evil !!
Cool chick
Cool theme
Cool Art
Zombie apocalypse
What’s not to like

Resident Evil was talked about for years (around the time of Tron?). I wonder if Stern had the license and for whatever reason they never followed through with it?

#3567 6 months ago
Quoted from jokerpoker:

I know the rumours have been around for years. Next Vault if it were a Tron I think there would be a lot of fresh sales. We can’t find one here in Oz as it’s such a great game. Always holds price well. Shouldn’t have sold mine a few years back, but can’t own them all. Hope whatever is next new title is good.

Exactly! New translite and some foil cabinet decals and they'd still sell.

+1 for regretful Tron sale.

We've seen simple re-runs of AC/DC, Metallica and Star Trek lately that have been touted as "Vault" editions. What are easy games to do this in their arsenal that will still sell well?

Tron
The Walking Dead
Iron Man
KISS (code is now complete, could they squeeze some more sales with a new gimmick for the current tour?)

1 week later
#3821 6 months ago

So....the dealer livestream is happening now. How long til someone from that stream spills the beans on the title and it appears on Pinside?

My vote goes for Stranger Things, but we'll probably see Jurassic Park.

1 month later
#4484 4 months ago

Nobody has started a Tron Vault thread again. I'm shocked.

4 weeks later
#4662 3 months ago

What's the Stern juggernaut theme that is coming? Back to the Future? Harry Potter? Jaws? Bill and Ted?

#4670 3 months ago

I don't think Dirty Donny works for Stern anymore.

...and I don't think Stranger Things is a juggernaut theme for the pinball collector crowd.

Whatever happened to the Princess Bride rumours?

#4712 3 months ago

The next pin is supposed to hit it out of the park for nostalgia buffs.....I can't see Stranger Things doing that for the whole pinball crowd. I also don't think Dirty Donny's art tease of Stranger Things has anything to do with a pinball machine.

Prove me wrong.

#4871 3 months ago
Quoted from Rager170:

As much as I love The Karate Kid movies, im not sure a pin would be all that exciting.

My money is safe then. Totally agree.

The real winner sounds like TMNT with new net connectivity....and can't wait to see what Zombie Yeti does with that art package.

#4910 3 months ago
Quoted from pin2d:

FWIW, I went back and looked at a poll I did on TWIP in May of last year on Dream Themes - results:
THE TOP 10 DREAM PINBALL THEMES
as voted on by the pinball community
10. Jaws
9. Beetlejuice
8. Blade Runner
7. Masters of the Universe
6. Blues Brothers
5. Rick and Morty
4. The Matrix
3. Back to the Future
2. Goonies
1. Harry Potter
Honorable Mentions
Big Trouble in Little China
Haunted Mansion
Led Zeppelin
Legend of Zelda
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Willy Wonka
https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/your-top-10-pinball-dream-themes/
My list would be quite a bit different but these were the votes, thought I'd share!

Thanks for posting!

No Stranger Things on that list....I'm keen to see a Stranger Things pinball machine, but is it really a theme for the average pinball collector?

#5020 3 months ago
Quoted from J85M:

If Stern can use whoever does the promo artwork for stranger things it will be stunning! Maybe the dirty Donny post was a red herring?

I seriously think Stern have moved away from Dirty Donny's artwork and would produce something more vibrant like the current crop of games. After various leaks and artists speaking their minds on social media, I no longer see pinball artists hinting at future games.

#5033 3 months ago
Quoted from vireland:

*Maybe* the Led Zeppelin Quicksilver retheme?

Now that everyone has gone home from Expo, the rumour should be flying now?

4 weeks later
#5655 62 days ago
Quoted from Goronic:

2020:
Stranger Things
TMNT
TRON vault
Led Zeppelin

2020 for Tron Vault!!!!!

#5657 62 days ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

If Tron and TMNT are coming in 2020, I would be buying both for sure!

And don't forget Back to the Future! Gary Stern can curse the heavens, but there will be another Back to the Future pinball machine within the next five years.

1 month later
#6303 28 days ago
Quoted from Wakky:

Gary has made it very clear its not happening and has been done. Ask him yourself but I warn you to be prepared for the consequences!

He said the same thing about KISS. For many years. Guess what Stern made? An updated KISS machine.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Radford, VA
$ 239.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Tilttopper
$ 18.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Portsmouth, NH
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Nitro Pinball USA
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
M&M Mods
$ 25.00
Apparel - Unisex
The Flipper Room
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 249.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Id Rather Play Pinball
$ 16.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Nitro Pinball Shop
$ 69.00
Id Rather Play Pinball
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
$ 495.00
MI Pinball Refinery
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
5,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Zamora, CL
$ 179.99
$ 10.95
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ahdelarge.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside