20240423_100718 (resized).jpg
20240423_100723 (resized).jpg
Whoa (resized).jpg
51AE3C41-1E6E-417B-B0FC-EAF0D317F2BB.gif
vince-neil-is-upset (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #33984 Stern's new factory information Posted by Grantman (1 year ago)

Post #36014 TRAILER: Foo Fighters Pin teaser trailer Posted by Yoko2una (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ahdelarge.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#64 7 years ago
Quoted from whisper:

Hope they re make/ new version of a data east or sega title, ninja turtles or South Park .

Either of those titles would sell nicely in today's market. Ninja Turtles is hot again at the moment (basing this on the amount of new toys and another new movie out) and an updated South Park should have no problem selling with the continued popularity of the show and various games still being made. Couple this with nostalgia being a big driving factor in pinball sales and a thirst for new games.

#162 7 years ago
Quoted from TouchingEvil:

NO MORE ROCKBAND PINBALLS!
I want:
Big Trouble in little china or Goonies

The translites basically paint themselves with that artwork....maybe classic 80s movies will be the next theme done to death by Stern, like rock band pins. Ghostbusters being the beginning. I WISH!

#193 7 years ago

Current list of great titles that would make great Stern pinball machines from this current thread:

Guardians of the Galaxy. This has been hinted at, given the thumbs up by George Gomez on Facebook many months ago from memory and someone said that Stern had acquired the license.

Deadpool. Lots of action and humour. A more edgy title, but could see this one selling well.

Suicide Squad. The movie isn't out yet, but theme and artwork alone would make this an interesting pinball machine. Looking forward to seeing this one in the cinema.

Now, my outside pick....I've been wanting to see this as a pinball title since the first movie was released. Wreck It Ralph. Would look great with a new colour display, great look to the movie and the addition of classic video game characters to tap into that nostalgia factor that Stern loves so much. A sequel is also in the works for 2018. Only stumping block here is licensing to include other video game characters.

2 weeks later
#276 7 years ago

Sheesh! Down voted for posting evidence of possible next title. Tough crowd!

Someone recently posted:
Whoah Nellie re-theme (turned out to be true)
Aerosmith (we'll see. Could be Slayer?)
Batman TDK re-themed to 66 Batman.
Elvira 3.

#310 7 years ago

So, Slayer was a smoke screen? Digital table or Stern have the Slayer license and will release a pinball in the future? On track for Aerosmith still?

And then...Star Wars more likely for later than March 2017?

Most likely:
Aerosmith
Batman '66

New rumor:
Elvira 3

Future:
Star Wars
Iron Maiden

Possible future that Stern mentioned a lot on Facebook and then people forgot:
Guardians of the Galaxy

Pins that people really want that will probably happen if it keeps getting mentioned: Jaws

Rumors that fizzled out:
The Fast and the Furious
Superman
Resident Evil
Mad Max

Pins that really should happen after all the posters, banners, marketing that I've seen lately that are begging for Stern Pinball: Suicide Squad.

1 week later
#360 7 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

What happened to the rumors of a Jurassic Park theme'd game this year? Have we decided it's not happening yet and it's down to Star Wars or Aerosmith next?

Yeah, I remember before KISS people were throwing Jurassic World around....or was it Game of Thrones? Either way, it seemed like a solid rumour and then dropped off.

2 weeks later
#393 7 years ago

So....first it was Aerosmith with new display for Pinball Expo...and now it's Batman '66....or is it both? or has Aerosmith dropped off the radar? All these questions need answering. lol.

#394 7 years ago
Quoted from ahdelarge:

So....first it was Aerosmith with new display for Pinball Expo...and now it's Batman '66....or is it both? or has Aerosmith dropped off the radar? All these questions need answering. lol.

I forgot the 2 days that the pinball community thought there was a full-sized Slayer pinball up next...

#409 7 years ago

When they run out of themes that people want now, maybe in a few years we'll see stuff like Pulp Fiction and Kill Bill. The Big Lebowski and Rob Zombie could lead the way.

#433 7 years ago
Quoted from Plungemaster:

I just got confirmation rumors are next pin might be Jaws.

The next pin as in Aerosmith next, or right now next like Batman 66 or is it the next after that?

#442 7 years ago
Quoted from nman:

Ok, now that that's out of the way, what will be the NEXT Stern pinball machine?

Aerosmith???? Lol

1 month later
#453 7 years ago
Quoted from Air_Pinball:

If Batman '66 represents how they will be handling VE's in the future (I don't mean the SLE thing, just old titles upgraded with new toys and a LCD screen) then Tron seems like a no brainier for them to print money.

Yeah, Tron seems like a future VE certainty. It's cheap to make, change the artwork, add a bit more bling and upgrade to LCD and then load the price. $$$

So...speculation of future Stern titles after Aerosmith?

Elvira 3
Pulp Fiction
Star Wars
Iron Maiden
Guardians of the Galaxy
Jaws
The Fast & the Furious
Jurassic World
Edit: forgot Slayer

#458 7 years ago

Wow, I thought the Elvira thing was just pinside wishful thinking.

1 month later
#489 7 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

You mean like...

How can this not be the makings of an amazing pinball machine?

Ghostbusters would be out the door ASAP if they announced it....then after an amazing game, the ball drains and you hear "go home, jerk off. And that's all you're gonna do!"

2 months later
#521 7 years ago

I hope that Stern Star Wars isn't a wasted opportunity. I own DE Star Wars and now looking at purchasing the Stern version, but I don't want the DE version to be the better pinball.

#552 7 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

Maybe W-A-T-C-H?

I was keen for a Stern Pulp Fiction...even over Star Wars and Iron Maiden, but someone said to me that they thought another company had the license. Can anyone else chime in on the current state of the Pulp Fiction rumour?

#555 7 years ago
Quoted from taz:

I recall reading a rumor long ago that Pulp Fiction might be DP's next game that follows up the Big Lebowski. I haven't heard anything about it lately though.

Yeah, that was what I was told also....and Lebowski hasn't even shipped to everyone yet? Groan....

#557 7 years ago
Quoted from The_Glimmerman:

I would say , if they get the rights, an ABBA pinball would appeal to mostly everyone. A good theme to operate.

Yeah, I'm just imagining it now. Alone in my games room late at night and Dancing Queen multiball comes on. Tears streaming down my face...having the time of my life....

1 month later
#571 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Star Wars
Elvira 3 (Boutique line)
Iron Maiden?
I don't think there's time to put something else between Star Wars and Iron Maiden. Seems like this would be the 2017 lineup. Not sure if Stern is making the Attack from Mars remix machines on contract like they did for Medieval Madness. If so that's another machine that will be on the line in their factory (though not their game).

Would Stern put out two music titles in one year? I suppose there is a game or two in between and Aerosmith should have come out last year.

#581 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Ghostbusters PF issues basically ruined almost all of 2016's schedule, then the Aerosmith/Batman'66 switcheroo further confounded things, so I don't think that was the intention, but may be the way it works out.

Pulp Fiction mentioned on podcast today as possible end of year Stern release.

So...

Star Wars
Elvira 3
Iron Maiden/Pulp Fiction.

And then they go on to question if Star Wars will actually make a May 4 announcement (edit: meaning it will be pushed back).

#585 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

What podcast was this? Pulp Fiction seems SO much more like a Dutch Pinball or Heighway type machine. I can't see a Stern with that license, and fans of that movie would probably be disappointed if Stern did it. I don't care either way, but it seems so un-Stern (but then again, so does My Little Pony (Bronie?))

Kaneda podcast.

I have Stern faith! New color display and experience with past adult content in The Sopranos, The Walking Dead, etc.

Agree with you that it doesn't seem like a Stern fit, but it was a favourite movie of mine, so I'm keen to see an established company ship a game like this on time....or just ship it at all.

2 weeks later
#619 7 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Based on historical data, when can we expect the next stern to be announced? ( ballpark )

Based on historical data, there's usually a May announcement. No May 4th Star Wars announcement due to current production backlogs. Can anyone else add to this?

3 weeks later
#644 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It's Disney, and Stern has a licensing relationship with them already. I've heard this was on the list of machines coming, but not recently. Hopefully it still is.

Yeah, George Gomez mentioned it a lot on facebook a few years back and then the rumour seemed to go cold.

#658 7 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I don't doubt that JJP makes great games at all, they're just out of my price range is all. I'm more or a Stern Pro guy. I did splurge for a GB Premium because I felt it is a really special pin but other than that my other games are Pro models and I am extremely happy with them. You can't have much more fun in pinball than a TWD, GOT, and AS Pro.

I've ALWAYS been a Stern Pro guy....but succumbed to Wizard of Oz this year. Bought a secondhand game for a little bit more than the cost of a Stern Pro. Worth every penny. One of the best games I've ever owned. Everyone is different though.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
2 months later
#762 6 years ago

Back to the Future - TAKE MY MONEY!!!!

2 weeks later
#815 6 years ago

It's been a while since we've had a new Tron VE thread. Must be one soon? How 'bout Iron Man?
:-p

#830 6 years ago

Lol. I saw a sited Tron today and briefly felt the sickness. "Why did I ever sell my favourite game? To buy Walking Dead. Move along...."

So, do we have a new Back to the Future or Rick & Morry pin from Stern yet?

1 month later
#937 6 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

A Stern GOTG - very likely.
A full soundtrack with 10 licensed songs - never gonna happen. Unless they're covers like TBL.
The conversation to have is what 3 songs would HAVE to be in a GOTG pin?

What about Mustang? It had songs from multiple artists. Sony label, but I'm sure it's still achievable. Especially for a company like Stern and not a boutique?

#1040 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I have heard that Stern buy up a lot of licences that never get used/see the light of day. Jurassic World was another licence I saw mentioned a lot at one point. Guess licensing doesn't cost that much if a company can afford to sit on a few at a time and never use them!?

Resident Evil was mentioned for years....Fast and the Furious also.....

2 weeks later
#1078 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I'd be in line for one!
Thing is after TRON VE, what's the next title going to be? MET VE seems too soon, AC/DC & TRON where the two titles that where selling over their NIB prices, so it TRON does come next year there's no other titles demanding more than new in the used market.
LOTR is popular still but there where a lot of those made, Simpsons is still popular and current, another SM (homecoming/MCU) VE, other titles like CSI, 24 have seen their best years behind them, although they could be re-themed vault editions similar to BM66 just without the silly price tag.

More Iron Man after that?

#1104 6 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

They need to upgrade Tron ala Batman '66. LCD with scenes from Legacy as well as custom animation. Lighted ramps as well as all color changing LED's under the inserts. Custom made light cycles. Full arcade machine mod.
Regular VE stay on the same hardware, as Stern has stated, but Batman '66 shows they will upgrade under the right conditions. What conditions are better than Tron?

Sold my Tron to experience new games, but that would definitely be a reason for me to buy it again! AC/DC VE this year, what's coming next year?

2 months later
#1212 6 years ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

Maiden will be made

Would be terrible if it wasn't. Iron Maiden needs to see the light of day.

#1255 6 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

JT almost 2 years worth of work, = drained !
I don't see why it cant be re-hashed under another designer ?
If scrapped a big hit to Stern investing so many man hours, r&d and I guess a lot of the hardware was already manufactured.
Understandable if they have to scrap it, very sad though, especially if it was Maiden.
I've been patiently waiting for over 10 years now.
Hoping after the court case is finalized that Stern will come out with a statement on JT's last game with Stern.
Part of pinball history, albeit the terrible circumstances.

Going by the current rate of similar layouts, they probably had to go from a variation on Mustang to a variation on KISS for Iron Maiden now. You'll feel like you're playing Aerosmith, but only better!
:-p

#1277 6 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Twd vault
Deadpool
Elvira
Iron Maiden maybe
Jurassic World

Jurassic World hasn't been mentioned for a while, but new movie is coming out in 2018. This would fit well with the 2 year period when people start mentioning rumoured titles.

2 weeks later
#1296 6 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

deadpool or jurassic world would interest me, would think pearl jam would make for a good music pin

In John Borg's Pearl Jam, we see the Walking Dead's layout return where the excitement builds with Jeremy Multiball and the crossbow mechanism shoots balls on to the playfield. Operators are expecting big earnings on location.

#1318 6 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

It's sad as it's not Borg, but Stern as all other designers get one to two years while Borg is putting out two a year. It's not right. When Borg gets time we get Tron, Metallica, and Twd.
On this rushed schedule we get Kiss, Aerosmith, and GOTG which are all way too similar.

John Borg is still my favourite game designer regardless of time constraints. He's the king in my eyes.

1 month later
#1458 6 years ago
Quoted from Wakky:

Now you are getting close. Start a topic ' Bon Jovi pinball speculation' so Stern can see it and the rumours start

You already fuelled that rubbish before.

#1470 6 years ago
Quoted from Wakky:

You should go back to that aussie arcade where you belong... oh wait home of the backyarders that says a lot lol

Geez mate, calm down! Fact checking you and you get all snarky. If you keep wheeling out false facts, I'm going to call you on it.

#1475 6 years ago
Quoted from Wakky:

False facts? Do you visit the Stern factory as much as I do? No... better get them facts straight hey!

I take a dump once a day. Doesn't make me an expert on toilets either.

Fun fact. Your last visit to the Stern factory. May 2017. You told people in the Deadpool thread that you were at the factory yesterday. Posting pictures of the production line showing Aerosmith getting built from your photos in May. Not a very credible source when you keep spreading false information.

1 week later
#1678 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Iron Maiden is way more popular than you're giving them credit for, and their IP lends itself to multimedia extremely well.

Exactly. Think of the exposure this machine is going to get on various music and entertainment web sites when it's released.

2 weeks later
#1929 6 years ago
Quoted from karl:

The rumor I have heard is that there will be no Elvira 3 from Stern

Stern will be doing Iron Maiden, Deadpool and Munsters. Throw a Vault Edition in the mix and that's 2018. Elvira 3 is off the radar now.

3 weeks later
#2130 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Correction... it was posted in the Deadpool speculation thread. Nothing has been officially announced for Deadpool.

Wasn't there a speculative playfield photo as well? Appreciate the inbox if you don't want to post publically.

1 month later
#2256 5 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

Who cares!!! Node board failures,broke in box,having to fix stuff right out of the box,adjust this ,fix that, mods that kinda work, prices up every year! SLEs ,LEs, Pros ,no no just make SLEs and LEs more money more scam! Have you seen what there is to do on the brand new Houdini? Redo the shooter lane guide,adjust the catapult,as if they made the Damm thing why can't they make it work right!! This is getting stupid!

What's Houdini got to do with the price of Sterns?

9 months later
#2710 5 years ago
Quoted from fisherdaman:

Never going to happen, but what if Stern made a generic Music pin. Had a jukebox similar to ACDC with a generic music theme (non band specific) and then allowed you to add what band(s) or songs you wanted to the jukebox. You could customize the translite with whatever band, group, rapper, or whatever you wanted. Might eliminate the "X band deserves a pin" argument.

This is my dream non-licensed theme pin. Haha

Legit....would want one.

1 week later
#2819 5 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

After listening to Kaneda’s podcast I can say that the only game I’m remotely excited for is Jurassic World.
None of the music pins he listed are of any interest to me. Harry Potter is even less interesting that the music games.
Of course this all assumes that anything mentioned actually comes to be real.

I don't care about the theme, but looking forward to seeing what Stern do with this title in comparison to the Sega version and Data East Jurassic Park.

1 month later
#3116 5 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

Any word on Tron VE?

If they brought out an upgraded Tron Pro with LCD, new translite and everything else the same, I'd be more excited than The Black Knight, Munsters and even Willy Wonka. Tron - the only game I ever regret selling.

#3122 5 years ago
Quoted from hollywood:

If it is GOT, I believe they need to do a much better job with it. No disrespect to any GOT owners out there, but that was one pin I was super stoked about and ready to throw my money at....biggest let down I’ve experienced yet. So much potential......broke my heart.

I love Game of Thrones, but when I encounter the pinball machine out in the wild, I have no ambition to put money in it. I know that people rate it fairly highly as a good player, it just doesn't drag me in. The art doesn't grab me and the DMD video clip animations hurt my eyes.

With all the new games that Stern are releasing, I can't picture them putting too much effort into Vault releases from this point on. As much as I'd love to see a game like Lord of the Rings or Tron elevated to something truly special with an LCD and total art re-dedign, I think they will just be releasing previous games that can be quickly added to keep the production line running.

2 months later
#3549 4 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Resident Evil !!
Cool chick
Cool theme
Cool Art
Zombie apocalypse
What’s not to like

Resident Evil was talked about for years (around the time of Tron?). I wonder if Stern had the license and for whatever reason they never followed through with it?

#3567 4 years ago
Quoted from jokerpoker:

I know the rumours have been around for years. Next Vault if it were a Tron I think there would be a lot of fresh sales. We can’t find one here in Oz as it’s such a great game. Always holds price well. Shouldn’t have sold mine a few years back, but can’t own them all. Hope whatever is next new title is good.

Exactly! New translite and some foil cabinet decals and they'd still sell.

+1 for regretful Tron sale.

We've seen simple re-runs of AC/DC, Metallica and Star Trek lately that have been touted as "Vault" editions. What are easy games to do this in their arsenal that will still sell well?

Tron
The Walking Dead
Iron Man
KISS (code is now complete, could they squeeze some more sales with a new gimmick for the current tour?)

1 week later
#3821 4 years ago

So....the dealer livestream is happening now. How long til someone from that stream spills the beans on the title and it appears on Pinside?

My vote goes for Stranger Things, but we'll probably see Jurassic Park.

1 month later
#4484 4 years ago

Nobody has started a Tron Vault thread again. I'm shocked.

4 weeks later
#4662 4 years ago

What's the Stern juggernaut theme that is coming? Back to the Future? Harry Potter? Jaws? Bill and Ted?

#4670 4 years ago

I don't think Dirty Donny works for Stern anymore.

...and I don't think Stranger Things is a juggernaut theme for the pinball collector crowd.

Whatever happened to the Princess Bride rumours?

#4712 4 years ago

The next pin is supposed to hit it out of the park for nostalgia buffs.....I can't see Stranger Things doing that for the whole pinball crowd. I also don't think Dirty Donny's art tease of Stranger Things has anything to do with a pinball machine.

Prove me wrong.

#4871 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

As much as I love The Karate Kid movies, im not sure a pin would be all that exciting.

My money is safe then. Totally agree.

The real winner sounds like TMNT with new net connectivity....and can't wait to see what Zombie Yeti does with that art package.

#4910 4 years ago
Quoted from pin2d:

FWIW, I went back and looked at a poll I did on TWIP in May of last year on Dream Themes - results:
THE TOP 10 DREAM PINBALL THEMES
as voted on by the pinball community
10. Jaws
9. Beetlejuice
8. Blade Runner
7. Masters of the Universe
6. Blues Brothers
5. Rick and Morty
4. The Matrix
3. Back to the Future
2. Goonies
1. Harry Potter
Honorable Mentions
Big Trouble in Little China
Haunted Mansion
Led Zeppelin
Legend of Zelda
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Willy Wonka
https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/your-top-10-pinball-dream-themes/
My list would be quite a bit different but these were the votes, thought I'd share!

Thanks for posting!

No Stranger Things on that list....I'm keen to see a Stranger Things pinball machine, but is it really a theme for the average pinball collector?

#5020 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

If Stern can use whoever does the promo artwork for stranger things it will be stunning! Maybe the dirty Donny post was a red herring?

I seriously think Stern have moved away from Dirty Donny's artwork and would produce something more vibrant like the current crop of games. After various leaks and artists speaking their minds on social media, I no longer see pinball artists hinting at future games.

#5033 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

*Maybe* the Led Zeppelin Quicksilver retheme?

Now that everyone has gone home from Expo, the rumour should be flying now?

4 weeks later
#5655 4 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

2020:
Stranger Things
TMNT
TRON vault
Led Zeppelin

2020 for Tron Vault!!!!!

#5657 4 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

If Tron and TMNT are coming in 2020, I would be buying both for sure!

And don't forget Back to the Future! Gary Stern can curse the heavens, but there will be another Back to the Future pinball machine within the next five years.

1 month later
#6303 4 years ago
Quoted from Wakky:

Gary has made it very clear its not happening and has been done. Ask him yourself but I warn you to be prepared for the consequences!

He said the same thing about KISS. For many years. Guess what Stern made? An updated KISS machine.

4 months later
#7594 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I think Joe’s voice would get extremely annoying very fast. Kinda like hearing “ok who brought the dog” over and over.

My thoughts: people will buy an ironic Tiger King t-shirt, but NOBODY would buy a whole pinball machine.

Then.....new Stern Tiger King pinball machine designed by Keith Elwin and rules by Lyman Sheets.

Insert take my money meme here.

1 week later
#7763 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

81 here as well. TMNT was my thing for years. Still wont know if itll be my next NIB though until I see it. I hope they build premiums first because of the operators being in a tough spot right now.

'79 here and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles were one of my major loves as a kid. Masters of the Universe, Star Wars, TMNT and the Simpsons were my great obsessions in the years before I hit high school. It's not a theme that I need to own now, but I'm definitely excited about the reveal.

There's still that nostalgia inside and if it's an amazing game with amazing art, cool new features and that iconic theme song from the cartoon, it might just knock Jurassic Park down a step in my wanted pin list. Currently I'm still planning on getting Iron Maiden in the number 1 spot.

2 months later
#8940 3 years ago

Thor 3 and Wonder Woman 84 with Franchi art would look incredible (and will probably never happen now)....If there is another Marvel pinball, it would be refreshing to see titles that are outside Stern's norm of the obvious big names.

#9152 3 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

Funny how random posts can create pages of excitement.
It's 100% not Jaws. So calm ya farm.

Shut up, idiot....OH HEY RYZA!

Is it Tron? Is it Tron? Say it's Tron. It's definitely Tron isn't it!? Is it Tron?

#9219 3 years ago

Tron will happen again, it's a when, not an if....and also what form we'll see it in. Stock Vault or something extra.

#9235 3 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

That was my point but jawjaw stated it more directly. Every year there are better and better LCD Sterns. We are reaching a saturation point where people won't want to own as many older pins the 3rd or 4th time as the price creeps higher to a new Stern. When the price is the same it gets even more difficult.
You want a Congo again or the new Keith Elwin?

So will Stern recognise this and go the extra mile and make everyone want the new improved Tron or just re-hash the red DMD Pro with a new translite?

1 month later
#10389 3 years ago

After seeing JJP GnR, I'm now hoping for a Stern Motley Crue. What happened to that rumour?

#10427 3 years ago

What about updated AC/DC with new cabinet and playfield artwork with LCD treatment like JJP Guns n Roses?

#10445 3 years ago
Quoted from Micky:

Why keep wishing for rehashed themes? We already have a great AC/DC pinball. An LCD screen won't suddenly make a game the best of all time. Hell there are a lot of guys who still love their EMs and SS pins and aren't interested in having upgraded versions with LCD screens. Enjoy the game for what it is and stop wishing for a new "updated" game every few years when they knocked it out of the park only 8 years ago.

Personal opinion. I owned AC/DC and would own it again. 8 years is a long time and it's also red dots. Stern are big enough to vault old games and update them to LCD. Spiderman got vaulted as a whole new game and now Stern are in the LCD era, so it's inevitable that this very thing will happen to an old game at some stage.

#10529 3 years ago

Or the LE he's always had?

1 week later
#10657 3 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Yeah I finally watched Goonies last weekend for the first time. I was excited at first to see that it was a Spielberg movie and had some names I recognized in it. I mostly agree on your take. It is a real good kids movie unlike the crap they produce these days. For me though, without the nostalgia it was really, really hard to watch until the end. Without seeing it earlier in life, not sure you can say how well it has aged. Even still there seems to be a small, but loud group who really want this theme. I could see it working out for a boutique company that would be happy with 1000 sales.

I watched the Goonies when I was around five years old and love it to this day. We moved from the country to the coast at the time and it sent my imagination wild as a kid. Exploring the bays and inlets in my dad's little boat reminded me of the adventure in the movie and I was always imagining finding pirate's treasure on a secluded beach or sandbar. I also loved the movie for the edgy jokes. It wasn't just a soppy 80s kids movie and the actors were all engaging and memorable. "oh wow, a police chase! Awwww shiiii......"

Bring on the pinball with mechanical toys and One Eyed Willy's pirate ship.

2 months later
#12609 3 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

If it were the based strictly on The Wall, or Dark side of the Moon, concept albums, yes, which would probably be the only way this would be considered.

They can reskin all the Zepellin machines that nobody wants? Too harsh?

2 months later
#15178 3 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

K-man says he’s hearing Mandolorian from many, he said it’s a modern theme not a classic and not a rock band. Mando would be awesome.

I think that would be an amazing theme for pinball. The video assets are usable because they're not big name actors as well. It's got the familiarity of the Star Wars universe and it's current. It's a theme I'd want to own before even seeing the game.

3 weeks later
#15893 3 years ago

So, from looking at the current thread, the horses in the race are:

The Mandalorian
Godzilla
James Bond
The Fast & The Furious
Back to the Future
JAWS
Top Gun
Pulp Fiction
The Matrix
Mortal Kombat
Harry Potter

I put the Fast & the Furious in there as it has been mentioned a lot over the years and I think it could be a surprise title.....not one that I'd buy. Mortal Kombat has also been mentioned several times. Interesting, but again, not something I'd want to own.

Motley Crue also seems like a contender, but not sure if they'd give us another music title so close to Led Zeppelin?

1 month later
#18560 2 years ago

Random post...I was just going through old emails and I found one from February 2019 where I'd made a list of rumoured Stern games (from Pinside chatter) before Black Knight was released in March. Interesting to see what has been released since:

Black Knight 3000
Jurassic World
Jaws
Stranger Things
Bill & Ted
Pulp Fiction
Superman '78
Rush
Led Zeppelin
Motley Crue

1 month later
#18896 2 years ago

So we've gone from Godzilla being a sure thing to Back to the Future once again?

5 months later
#24038 2 years ago
Quoted from JakePG:

JD could be the guy that finally does Beetlejuice

I had a chuckle today when I thought of the story about how nobody at Stern was passionate enough to make a Beetlejuice pinball machine, but here we are and they're about to release a Rush pinball machine....Beetlejuice oozes art, music, originality, vibrancy, international appeal....Rush is an amazing band, but hardly anyone I know could name a single song. I'd just be playing Tom Sawyer the first time I put coin through it.

Foo Fighters - you can easily pack (at the very least) 12 songs in there that have international appeal (see previous poster's list) and have a rocking game....and the complainers that don't like the Foo Fighters can't tell me that all those popular tracks wouldn't get the adrenaline pumping for a game of pinball... Couple this with original artwork that pops (Zombie Yeti) and some type of retro ray gun comic alien/UFO theme, with a killer layout and you're onto a winner. Metallica proved people wrong with this approach. I was expecting some dark Photoshop band imagery and Dirty Donny came along and knocked it out of the park. The triple threat of DD art, Lyman code and Borg layout.

Let's see if Foo Fighters becomes a reality and they create an original alien character like Metallica's Sparky....

#24148 2 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

What is the next VE going to be?

Ghostbusters?

#24151 2 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Unfortunately, it will never happen. That's why the price continues to rise.

Apparently they're re-running the toppers next year, so it could be possible.

#24153 2 years ago
Quoted from honkbahh:

Got a reliable source on more ghostbusters being produced? I'd love to get a ghostbusters topper!

Rumour. Kaneda podcast.

#24232 2 years ago
Quoted from Aussiepinwiz:

Why would Stern produce any VEs before 2024/2025 at the earliest?
They can't produce enough new release pins to satisfy current demand, with 20,000(?) units on back order.
Further, they intend on releasing more new titles next year.
VEs may come back once the back orders are all satisfied ... and that will take a long time!

The rumour is that there will be a VE next year.

My hot take: to make up for poor sales of Rush.
:p

#24330 2 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Never say never, but I am hearing Kapow BTTF is nowhere right now even on the distant horizon, so that puts me kind of in the dark. My best guess (and it may be wishful thinking) is the next Kapow game is Bond with Keith designing.

Yeah, this is what I heard also. After hearing Bond has been doing the rounds behind the scenes, I don't hold hope for BTTF in 2022 for Stern.

Lately it's been talk of Rush (now confirmed), Venom, a Vault and then Bond from Kapow. I also can't see Kapow releasing two games in the one year based on previous releases from them.

Edit: not forgetting the rumour of Foo Fighters with Jack Danger on design.

#24336 2 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Everyone seems to be hearing the same things about a vault edition....but which one?

I still think Ghostbusters makes sense, if the rumour is true that they're getting the license to make more toppers.

#24566 2 years ago

Is Motley Crue still a strong rumour or has Foo Fighters taken that spot?

I'm no longer holding my breath for Back to the Future in 2022 with the focus being on Bond now. Need someone in the know to chime in other than the hopefuls talking about crumbs from podcasts.

#24663 2 years ago
Quoted from BasementFacts:

Is there more evidence (or crumbs) for Bond than BTTF? Please share (no snark).

Kaneda podcast said actual mechs were doing the rounds for Bond. So there's talk of physical evidence for Bond vs BTTF....a recent episode of The Pinball Show's rumours segment mentioned Back to the Future no longer being tipped for release.

At the end of the day, it's all speculation until a game actually gets released, but from various forum posts and podcasts, Back to the Future seems to be put on the backburner until something is said otherwise.

#24712 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

You pay to listen to that crap [quoted image]

You assume too much!

Quoted from screaminr:

You pay to listen to that crap [quoted image]

I don't pay to listen to any podcast, but I'm glad you cracked yourself up.

The information is out there on other podcasts, but you can choose to ignore it if you want.

#24805 2 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

Time to give Music pins a break and Bring the Big guns out to play!
[quoted image]

And Franchi on a Stern pin again would be fantastic.

1 week later
#25140 2 years ago
Quoted from radium:

But I want a tron

Stern Pinball will do what they want. Just because there's a backlog of current production games, doesn't mean that they won't throw a Vault in there. This would be like saying Stern won't release a new title because they have a backlog of orders.

2 weeks later
#25444 2 years ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

I like Kaneda. He is dead wrong on this one though...

Until it happens, nobody knows. You or him.

I'm guessing it's not happening this year, but like everything, it's going to happen eventually.

1 month later
#26098 2 years ago

Wow, no chatter on the rumoured Foo Fighters pinball being designed by Jack Danger after the sad passing of drummer, Taylor Hawkins?

1 week later
#26287 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

And what else? Also, you know Stern aint going to blow farts as back glass.
Seriously, without looking it up, can you name 14 Foo Fighters or Greenday songs?

Maybe you can't, but Foo Fighters have oodles of songs to fill a pinball.....way more deserving than a Rush pinball machine and Stern made that....

Taken from billboard.com. 18 chart hits!

Screenshot_20220408-002258_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220408-002258_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
#26324 2 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

...of which 3 are good and the other 15 are because of fading rock stations trying to remain current so they threw whatever hook-less crap FF put out there and thanked them for the opportunity. It was either that or playing the new Imagine Dragons songs which neither classify as rock nor music.
So just to recap: Just about every rock band in existence > Foo Fighters > My ex screaming in my ear > Imagine Dragons

One person's gripe with an amazing band that has popularity spanning different generations. Dave Grohl is a rock legend. It has the numbers to back it up whether you like it or not. If the Foos don't deserve a pinball machine, either do any of the other bands. They have catchy rock songs that are perfect for pinball....and not just one track. Worldwide popularity and recognition.

#26332 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Bland pop rock sells.

As do products that people want. What's your point here? You want music that caters to your niche needs that nobody else listens to so you feel superior over the stupid masses? I don't get this elitist mentality.

#26350 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

It's foo fighters nothing to get all worked up about. They aren't going to get a pin anytime soon, calm down.
Slayer or Black Sabbath would move more units anyhow.

It was a strong rumour that Jack Danger was making a Foo Fighters pin. I don't care if it never happens. What I'm saying is, they've paid their dues and have worldwide popularity and are talented musicians that deserve to be amongst the current line up of music pins.

I'm going through a list of rock band names in my head right now that appear on tshirts in our popular chain clothing stores currently and the only ones that don't have a pinball machine off the top of my head are:

Foo Fighters
Grateful Dead
Def Leppard
Pink Floyd
Black Sabbath
Motley Crue

Also, apologies Roostking for my tone. It did come off as a bit snappy.....Slayer I never saw as being popular enough as a cornerstone game, but after Stern releasing Rush, I don't see why not. Black Sabbath would be way cooler, but I'd prefer an Ozzy pin purely for the imagery and artwork. I love those early 80s album covers of his.

#26362 2 years ago
Quoted from blastbeat:

Slayer has a recognizable name even though it's not as accessible or close to as popular as Metallica for example. I grew up on thrash and death metal (Still a metal nut but mostly heavier stuff). Saying that wouldn't be a good move making am Emperor pin or something lol. I would think a Nirvana would sell more units than foo fighters but I'm just making that up haha. No idea. Motley Crue...Ozzy....you know radio/masses stuff just makes sense to me. Not that I'd prefer that but it's fine/fun.

I have just discounted Nirvana due to jumping through hoops to get the theme and cost.

I watched Temple of Doom again last weekend....and thought how good an Indiana Jones pinball would be in my collection. As someone posted earlier, a new Indiana Jones pinball designed by Elwin would be fantastic!

3 weeks later
#26724 1 year ago
Quoted from spectrum-1980s:

I heard rumor of a revamp of Ghostbusters on the new spike 2 platform with new assets code named back to the future. Would be awesome.

That would be amazing if true.

#26767 1 year ago

Respectfully disagree. Foofighters just seems like such an off the wall middle of the road theme. I'm 43 for reference.

Stern made a Rush pinball machine. The sky's the limit now!

1 week later
#27074 1 year ago
Quoted from Reality_Studio:

I haven't seen it yet but I've heard the newest Ghostbusters is awesome. I secretly wish they would release a Ghostbusters or Indiana Jones pin fully using the latest Stern hardware, but I know that will never happen.

Yes! An updated Indiana Jones pin would be great now. Good artwork and assets from the movies.

#27114 1 year ago
Quoted from qbass187:

Fingers crossed for an eventual THE MISFITS pin!!!

I wouldn't have a problem with this.....but my off the wall pick goes to an Ozzy Osbourne pin from Stern. I'm not a diehard Ozzy fan, but everything I've heard over the years, I like.

1 month later
#28304 1 year ago
Quoted from m00nmuppet:

A cartoon monkey pinball machine based on a trendy digital asset collection, and suddenly it's raining Karens. Pinballers are dead to me.

People crying that there were no original themes five years ago....

Quoted from PinMonk:

Hopefully the Queen pin has had a SERIOUS overhaul since the version they showed at that popup store which sucked.

Every time this happens in pinball, nothing is ever overhauled and it's the exact same thing that people thought sucked originally. I'd like to be proven wrong on this one, but I'm willing to bet it's the same Queen pinball.

#28406 1 year ago
Quoted from j_m_:

if, as you say, it wasn't successful in stern's eyes, then they only have themselves to blame
1) the UV light reactive paint on the playfield should have been a listed feature
2) the UV kit should have been included with the LE edition machines
3) the availability for both the UV light kit and the projector (as a replacement part and for future build runs) should have been better planned out
4) they should have play tested the demi-gorgon more before shipping the game. it was a huge turn off for players (including better than average players), when your success ratio to get a ball in the mouth is less than 5%
5) for shows that are on-going, all companies are shooting themselves in the foot when you only license 1 or 2 seasons worth of content

Great points, but especially on that last one. I hope they learn from this.

#28413 1 year ago

Just saw this on Facebook...

Screenshot_20220714-024423_Facebook (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220714-024423_Facebook (resized).jpg
#28442 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

Would love to get a Stranger Things one day - Only played it on a couple of occasions but it was fun and I love the theme.
Had one come up about 6 hours away not long ago but just didn't have the time to go get. Someday!

Same! Played it on location in the early days of release and it seemed fun, bit didn't grab me that I wanted to own it at the time.

Have always been a fan of the theme and now I'd like to own one. Was offered one privately at the start of the year, but I had my eye on Jurassic Park. Next time!

#28568 1 year ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Stranger things was extended? If so would it go back on the line?

No, he meant the series is continuing and wishful thinking that they make another Stranger Things pinball machine with new content.

At this point, Stern just need to renew the license and sell more while the series is hot and the game is better than it was on release.

#28886 1 year ago
Quoted from Sinistarrett:

How bout a “They Live” pin using the UV from Stranger Things. Should be plenty of material in that movie for a pin. When you make the shots or what have you to “put on the glasses” the UV kicks on and you can read hidden messages and see the alien faces through whatever regular art is on the playfield and plastics.
[quoted image][quoted image]

They Live would be an awesome pinball machine, but more up Spooky's alley.

It just dawned on me recently that a must have pinball for me would be Wayne's World. One of my favourite movies of all time that makes me feel good every time I watch it.

#29125 1 year ago
Quoted from MacGruber:

When he said it "was" a great game I took it as the game itself didn't age well. Not the theme itself. Meaning it's almost pre DMD era it's time for a fresh version!

I really don't get this. It's one of the most popular pop culture themes ever. They're still pumping out t-shirts and toy DeLoreans every year....and they want to make a Jaws pinball machine based on a poster with no assets from the movie? I could care less about Jaws now or a Jaws pinball machine.

If they're making Jaws, they should be making Back to the Future....and if they don't care about Back to the Future? Another company has the license or it's too costly for Stern to worry about right now.

#29154 1 year ago
Quoted from TiltingT:

I know it will never happen but a boy can dream... The Venture Bros.. has all the elements needed for a great pin with a wide selection of characters, gore, humor and action
[quoted image]

So much yes! One of my all time favourite shows. Hilarious quotable lines over the years. Would love a Venture Bros pinball, but it will never happen.

1 week later
#29523 1 year ago
Quoted from MacGruber:

Prey is not on Disney plus I think you mixed that up with one of the other 20 exclusive streaming services. I'm going to give it a watch tho looks cool!
Edit: maybe you got it from a different country now I'm jeleous!

Yep, we are in Australia and Prey is streaming on Disney+ here.

1 week later
#29905 1 year ago
Quoted from Ty-Arnold:

I know the owners of several locations in Illinois. They don't know the insider information as you call it, about 3 games in advance. That's not how it works.

If we didn't have people turning this into the 'Back to the Future wanting it to happen badly thread', we'd be able to keep track of all the chatter and keep things on track.

From memory, the people in the know were saying the follow.

Next game:
Venom

Three games in advance:
Bond
Foo Fighters
Jaws.

1 week later
#31215 1 year ago
Quoted from brickbuilder14:

Ok guys, my tin foil hat club is now open…
[quoted image][quoted image]

Someone already said this blurry photo was the side art for Star Wars. The Premium has the TIE fighter pilot on the right-hand side of the backbox.

STAR_WARS_PRM (resized).pngSTAR_WARS_PRM (resized).png
1 week later
#32008 1 year ago
Quoted from benheck:

I'll never tell!
But ask yourself this: Stern will make any theme if you type it into Pinside enough (Rush... Munsters FFS!) Where's Jaws and BTTF? Unless of course... The assets available don't make a pin feasible.

Wayne's World. It is time!

#32590 1 year ago

So many cool themes for pinball and the JJP rumours are Billy Joel and now.....Elton John. Groan....

#32658 1 year ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

Disagree.
16 years of history isnt enough to measure the current reality: there was not a recession in the last 16 years,cost of mortgages through the roof now, and, people no longer in undetermined quarantine.
You are also wrong about the new pins going to barcades.
There are almost none of those in Canada and nonetheless, new collectors starting collecting because of Covid and waiting list at distros is all you get.

Same situation in Australia. Barcade growth took a hit during Covid, but it seems like they're slowly clawing their way back. Pricing of new in box machines still making new operators shy of purchasing those games for location play....Godzilla being the most popular game at the moment and I don't know of any location in Australia where I can play Godzilla and have a beer. I've travelled 6 hours to play it at an arcade recently, but no beer.

And even if I wanted to buy a Godzilla, I have to be on a waiting list with the distributor. It's going to be interesting times ahead when supply chains get back to normal, but I can't see a dip in new in box pricing any time soon.

#32662 1 year ago
Quoted from Mar:

Beercade in Redfern, Sydney has Godzilla sited (and it's an LE). The venue had issues with it's alcohol license a month or so ago but the beer is back permanently now. Great place to play some pins and drink some beverages!

Good to hear! I will check it out next time I'm in Sydney. Only five hours drive.

That place looks like a great spot for pinball.

#32830 1 year ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

Where’s all the cleavage? What is this a G rated Bond?

Welcome to pinball in 2022.

#32833 1 year ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

Dwight on code, no boobies, I’m out!

Lol. I'm sure someone will make an alternate translite with over the top bikinis and cars.

1 month later
#33626 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I think it would be more compelling if only one of the shoes were red. That would be danger.af

Being a pinhead and a low-key sneakerhead, I loved Jack's shoes and the fancy footwork in that video was the icing on the cake. Hehe.....and I need to get some personalised patches for my jacket one day.

2 weeks later
#33762 1 year ago
Quoted from Aussiepinwiz:

BTTF will get made soon after Stern runs out of Marvel or Star Wars based themes they think will be popular coin drops at beercades, or soon after the market shifts and they have less NIB buyers than supply chain unaffected production capacity.
BTTF is the button that will be pressed when Stern's business needs a boost.

Yep, unless some other manufacturer already has the license, this theme is a certainty at some point.

#33840 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Make it Ozzy and I'll be satisfied.

I was hoping Venom was going to be Ozzy. Especially when they had the booths together.

1 week later
#33964 1 year ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

You can "mostly" get a pro now. Premium is on backorder, but the order to ship time is shrinking. There is a different market for pins at $4,000 than there is at $7500 and $9500. Even though the HomePins may be cheaper, I'm not sure there may be that much of a difference in profit for machine built. I would also think there may be the possibility to build more of them simply due to the fact they use less node boards, which seems to have been the bottleneck for some time.

Wow, it's even hard to get a Godzilla Pro in Australia. The containers sold out and no ETA on the next lot.

1 week later
#34224 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Avatar LE has cool mechs (and a fun translite), just shit code typical to the era. Also what happened to everyone saying JJP was doing Avatar?
A lot of pinball nerds seems to love Star Wars Andor...so I think we can book that as a theme sometime after season two of that show? It's a Star Wars and people respond well to them Star Wars

I am yet to dive right into Andor, but from what I watched in the first episode, it was more drama than action-based Star Wars. Not sure it's got the memorable characters that would translate well to a pinball machine? e.g Mandalorian has Mando and Grogu aka baby Yoda, that grab people to play it....not seeing that with Andor? My opinion could change after watching it, but never hear of many people talking about this show.

I can definitely see a pinball company doing another Avatar pinball machine with tonnes of video clips on the display. Would I want to own any Avatar pin based on theme alone? No.

1 week later
#34451 1 year ago
Quoted from doublestack:

It's just a mediocre movie that aged like cheese on a radiator.
The main draw were the technical achievements Cameron spearheaded at the time.

Yeah, it was one of those movies that wowed you at the cinema and then you completely forgot about it afterwards. The only thing that will save it as another pinball machine will be if Keith Elwin is designing it. Gameplay trumps a mediocre theme.

#34549 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

Kind of an Adams Family II pin.
I agree - it could work very well. A TV show/movie pin is long overdue.

I think it would be amazingly refreshing. Theme that could appeal to young and old....like how KISS was a new pin with nods to the original.

1 week later
#34645 1 year ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

GG confirmed zombieyeti on art for Jacks pin. Are there any bands out there that would be a good fit for his style?

He's very familiar with the Foo Fighters...

zy1 (resized).pngzy1 (resized).pngzy2 (resized).pngzy2 (resized).pngzy3 (resized).pngzy3 (resized).png
#34690 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Sonic would be good, but Pokemon is where the geysers of cash are.
[quoted image]

Totally. This would be a huge theme for Stern.

Super Mario Bros in 2023 would also be a home run with the new movie coming out.

#34738 1 year ago
Quoted from johnnyutah:

How about Pokémon machine with the Pro, Pre, and LE each having a card on the apron exclusive to each trim level. Gotta collect em all!

The Topps card dude at Stern is way ahead of you, fam.

1 week later
#34804 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

So two cornerstones this year for 2023 both with ZY art? One things for sure they are going to be good looking pins!
Eddy/Dwight - Venom
Jack/Tanio - …? Any ideas or rumours?

Foo Fighters is the current rumoured game for the Jack Danger design. It's taken a bit of heat whenever it's brought up, but I'm optimistic for it as a title (if true). Popular well-known hits and you know the art will be amazing with Zombie Yeti. Another art package to go in the line-up of the best art in pinball.

1 week later
#34966 1 year ago
Quoted from doublestack:

I’ll take Wayne’s World all day over Bill and Ted. Wayne’s World has actual humor in it. Great movies, neither are really relevant now though.

Yes! Saw Bill & Ted when I was younger, but Wayne's World was my first year of high school and still love watching it and so quotable....why do we need relevancy in pinball when nostalgia sells?

#35091 1 year ago
Quoted from dboeren:

TRON, Ghostbusters, Walking Dead are all fine by me but I'd like to see better art on Walking Dead and full displays instead of DMDs.

I've thrown about the idea of selling my Walking Dead Pro at the moment to make way for a new model game, but it's still one of my favourite playing games of all time....as themes go, I no longer care for the tv show. I can't see Stern re-licensing this game now that the show has ended?

Decisions...

#35184 1 year ago
Quoted from Rizmo:

I think it would be great if they all showed or at least announced their new game coming out. I do think Elwin should leave Stern and become a free agent. Working with Stern/JJP/American/Spooky what ever he touches it turns to be a great game. If he stays with Stern alone we wont get another Elwin game till what late 2024 maybe. Why not just become a free agent

Keith Elwin should leave Stern if he doesn't want his games to be released in a timely manner....as an example, look at what happened to Chris Franchi. The man has created some of the best artwork in pinball history and we don't get to see it on any new machines because he's tied up with delays by other companies.

Steve Ritchie has gone to work at Jersey Jack. Again, still waiting to see his next game. I don't want this to happen to Elwin's titles.

#35261 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

That’s a terrible idea and why I downvoted your post. Elwin is not leaving Stern anytime soon imo. This is the real world. People don’t quit their jobs because of a single, Pinside over reaction.

My post was saying it's a terrible idea that Keith should leave Stern, so we agree?

To clarify, I was saying it in a joking way. "Keith Elwin should leave Stern if he doesn't want his games released in a timely manner". Saying that if he goes to another company, he'll be waiting a long time for them to put his games into production.

3 weeks later
#35736 1 year ago

Looks like the 3 cornerstone releases this year (according to this thread) are Foofighters in March, Foofighters in September, Foofighters in December. That's a whole lotta FOO!

Can't wait!!!!!

Don't wanna be your monkey wreeeeeeench.

1 week later
#35832 1 year ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

If it's a popularity contest, there are plenty of things super popular that would appeal to non pinheads. But that's not your core market. How many 45+ year olds would buy a Pokemon pin even if it was "done right"? I sure wouldn't.

Everyone says that until the game is released and then buy it with the usual lines of:

"It's only money"
"It's a good shooter"
"My grandkids will love it"
"If I don't like it, I can flip it."
"I hate the theme, but the game is great".

#36000 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

The question was , an original theme with no licence and Black Knight is none of those .
It's not like Dialled In , Celts , Oktoberfest ect .

3.23 am Aussie time. Waiting for a reveal or just a night owl like me? Haha

#36078 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Lol , a night owl like you . All the action happens at this time of night , just hanging out with a few beers and MacGyver on in the background

MacGyver and beers. That's awesome!

2 weeks later
#36574 1 year ago

Bill & Ted would be cool, but I really want Wayne's World....I guess this is like the people that wanted a Godfather pinball machine?

Quoted from pinballaddicted:

I agree with you.. I do not think BTTF is coming either.

I think that as Stern runs out of easier to acquire licenses, we'll see Back to the Future eventually, just not in the near future. They'll spend big dollars for the license and it will have a big price tag.

#36599 1 year ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

Maybe it's due to licensing reasons. Maybe they have to make it.
But looking at how dealers still have stock from the last (presumably smallish) run I do think demand is really getting quite low for it. Hopefully they don't stick dealers with a bunch more they can't sell.

It also kills me how the comic art version is the better of the two and they keep re-running the original art.

1 month later
#37001 1 year ago
Quoted from Gopher4653:

Super happy about FF. Know it won’t be another music pin for a bit, but please… Eminem, Snoop and Dre.

We've had the 60s with The Beatles and The Rolling Stones, 70s with Aerosmith and Rush, 80s with AC/C, Iron Maiden and Metallica, 90s with Foo Fighters....next are the 2000s with Eminem?

#37003 1 year ago
Quoted from JH315:

Given his different video personas, Em could be a good fit. Linkin Park would be a good choice. If Stern wants to really sell, do Taylor Swift. Her fans buy anything and she has the hits to support it.

I think Taylor Swift is a bit of a stretch. Not the demographic to afford a pinball machine either.

#37009 1 year ago
Quoted from JH315:

I think you underestimate her demographics. How many people would buy a machine because it would please the family...not necessarily the curmudgeonly bunch here. It would do gangbusters on location. It's not the license for me...but it would likely be a commercial success.

Curmudgeonly bunch here = pinball buyers in general. Nobody is buying a Taylor Swift pinball machine because the pinball buying demographic doesn't care about Taylor Swift and Taylor Swift fans don't care about pinball.

#37018 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Her fans were paying the price of a Stern LE OR MORE for tickets to ONE NIGHT of her current tour in some cities and she had way more demand than dates, even at those crazy prices. They have the money.

Time to get American Pinball on the phone and re-theme Galactic Tank Force.

1 month later
#37499 10 months ago
Quoted from Quiksilva86:

Machines go down but topper sky rockets even more? 3k to 6k lol. - GBLE owner with topper
After reading the article it seemed like there were so many things that would need to occur for this vault to happen.

Yeah, it seemed like that article was like a laundry list of possibilities rather than something focused. As long as they're not re-releasing LE games, Stern don't care about the value of people's games. I owned the original AC/DC, then they upgraded the cabinet, then different versions over the years....the bottom has never fallen out of the value of older games anyway. People still pay reasonable money for the original Spider-Man etc.

2 weeks later
#38329 9 months ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Open minded as I remember the negativity when it was mentioned a year or so ago that Stern had FF in the pipeline!
I think with the characters it has in the game, Venom could be another sleeper.
For me depends on the sound package as found Avengers uninspiring.
If it has Ozzy tracks, watch Pinside do another U-turn

Oh man, if that game is a Venom theme with a whole catalogue of Ozzy tracks.....

#38526 9 months ago
Quoted from beltking:

No distributor leaked it. Now go buy a belt bullhidebelts.com

No, that is an action figure mod for Spider-Man VE (2016), not a leak. As Br81zad said in his post.

#38671 9 months ago
Quoted from smokedog:

One person knows ...
[quoted image]

Always amuses me when everyone chooses to ignore posts like this......and then it comes true and people still have the blinkers on.

#38903 9 months ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

They brought back Daredevil Bart

Lol. I heard the sound clip in my head as I read this.

2 weeks later
#39569 8 months ago

Stern just needs to make The Matrix based on the first movie, all the movie clips, the characters, fast pinball action and that soundtrack....the first John Wick is great, but The Matrix is cemented in pop culture, as Rarehero mentioned with the cultural zeitgeist.

I always loved the Johnny Mnemonic Matrix re-theme and think it's way overdue for a manufacturer to bring that theme to the market.

#39657 8 months ago
Quoted from ChuckRock:

Is BTTF even that requested/hyped or is it like the same small group of people spamming memes and bringing it up over and over again on this thread?
I can't say I notice usernames when scrolling through so maybe it's only like two people. From this thread, you'd think the only pinball machine pinside wants to see from Stern is BTTF with Jaws a distant second. Every other theme sucks.

It's a pop culture icon. Go to any collectible store and you'll find at least a DeLorean toy. Back to the Future as a new pinball machine will sell on name alone.

#39758 8 months ago

The designers at Stern didn't want to do Beetlejuice.

This sounded like the strangest cop out to me. I'm sure they've had countless designers make games with themes they had no connection to over the years, but Beetlejuice was the game to make someone say enough was enough? As an example, I can't picture Brian Eddy being a die-hard Stranger Things fan, but they made that....so did someone crunch the numbers and decide that Beetlejuice wasn't the theme for Stern?

1 week later
#40175 8 months ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

You should get to know someone before going on the attack. I love video games and don’t like EMs…the very fact that I LIKE video games is why I don’t like video modes. They’re not good video games & take you away from playing pinball. Looking forward to your future anger. Thank you for glomming onto me for some reason.

I haven't heard the use of the word 'glom' since National Lampoon's Vacation....we need that pinball.....with an Aunt Edna video mode!
:p

1 week later
#40564 7 months ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Why would Pokémon be too costly? Nintendo/Pokémon Co. license it to all kinds of products. Pinball would be no different.
https://corporate.pokemon.co.jp/en/business/licences/

I used to think this as well, but I don't understand why pinball licenses are more expensive for bigger name IP's like KISS and Harry Potter, when you see it stamped on everything from socks to lunchboxes.

#40645 7 months ago
Quoted from iceman44:

“They may hold the line on price…..”
Sorry PinMonk. That’s hilarious!
But what happens when people aren’t buying the 1,000 LEs at $13k and Distros are left holding the bags?
What then? Hold the line?
Watch the Beanie baby story on Apple with regard to “limited” and FOMO
Stern just killed it. JJP never had it

hahahaha I watched this movie with my girlfriend last week and yelled out "Stern Pinball are kind of doing this now!". I got a confused smile and "that's nice, dear."

2 months later
#42278 5 months ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Of the rumoured titles I’ve seen for Stern, only Jaws is an A theme…..and for me that’s only because Elwin’s on it. A with Elwin, no way it’s AAA.
The remaining rumoured themes are B at best. Hopefully there’s some surprises.

And if it doesn't deliver, they then pull the Vault Edition card or plan C, the anniversary Limited Edition.

#42405 5 months ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Hamburger was one if my fav HBO R rated comedies I was too young to be watching. It’s kind of lost media at the moment. It never had DVD release, it’s not on any cable channel or streaming platform. I’d buy a remastered Blu-Ray if it for nostalgia’s sake.
Best line in all of film history:

A lot of these old movies are actually on YouTube in full. Just did a quick YouTube search and it's on there...never saw it in the 80s, but will definitely check it out.

Unrelated....I still want a Wayne's World pinball machine.

#42440 5 months ago
Quoted from j_m_:

you're kidding yourself. I don't think that we'll see a price reduction. the best that we can hope for is that they don't increase prices come january.

They can increase the prices all they want. We don't have to buy them.

1 week later
#42616 5 months ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

Wayne’s world - Waynestock. 80’s music.

I just need a Wayne's World pinball with them headbanging to Bohemian Rhapsody on the screen, the Alice Cooper concert footage with Feed My Frankenstein and any of the Tia Carrera tracks....and all the other classic movie clips. I'm fine if it's just the first movie, but the second would be a bonus. This mega fan is happy to consult any pinball company that is making it. Haha.

Edit: they can have the Noah's arcade and suck cut infomercials during attract mode.

2 weeks later
#43107 4 months ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

My light on the QR reader on Godzilla doesn't work anymore... yay me

Same as mine. Is this a special feature for Godzilla owners?

1 week later
#43312 4 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Popular titles, minimal software work, no design work, just graphical updates? Seems like Stern understands the potential.
[quoted image]

It was only a matter of time before the completely irrelevant car analogy came into the picture. I have zero desire to take a 1992 Taurus for a spin (fun fact, we actually owned one). I would, however, love to take a new Spike 3 AC/DC with snazzy LCD graphics out for a spin. Or a Spiderman, or a LotR. I'm not alone. Stern knows that.

I need to own AC/DC again at some point, but not paying overs for a red DMD game. An update with LCD would definitely make me move faster on getting it again.

#43319 4 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yeah, I had an AC/DC LTBR LE that I regret selling. I also would love to have a Spike3 AC/DC proven machine with better sound, better flippers, better graphics, etc.
Stern knows what they're doing.

Posted today by Stern....interesting that they focus on these bands?

FB_IMG_1703016740926 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1703016740926 (resized).jpg
#43333 4 months ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

AC/DC SAM to Spike3 conversion after Metallica's next year confirmed? Stern doesn't put this stuff out without careful consideration. But they have been know to troll, so...

Seems interesting to me that they could have put an Insider Connected game like Aerosmith in the list, but chose two older games like AC/DC and Metallica. Crossing fingers!

1 week later
#43513 3 months ago
Quoted from pinmister:

For me it has nothing to do with toys or flat plastics. It has to do with game play and which model is more fun to flip. There are guys on here that insist the Premium/LE is always the best and for me that is not the case. There are lots of Sterns that I prefer the Pro over Premium/LE for gameplay. It literally took me a couple months to decide what Godzilla model to get as I was torn between Pro/Premium. Iron Maiden was an easy call as I did not care for the ramp/lock mech, same with Metallica with clunky coffin lock. Mando-had to go LE for upper which makes the game, LZ had to go LE for Magic Spinner that makes the game. So if JAWS upper is worthy and makes the game-Premium/LE and if it is a lame upper like GOT Premium/LE then Pro will be the way to go for me. Sounds like the ship will be the make or break for this game. Either way it looks like a home run for Stern and that makes me happy.

We can lie to ourselves all we want, but the Premium/LE is the proper pinball machine and the proper version. The Pro is the gimped version for location. I've been a Pro buyer for years due to budget, but I'm not kidding myself, I know the Premium/LE is the main intended game.

For Godzilla, the Premium/LE is the best version. Who wants a pinball with no mechanical toys? Godzilla Pro is the most bare bones Stern I've ever played and I can't justify "fast" for a good pinball experience. Not even a drop target to satisfy. More power to the people that just want a flat plastic and ramp 1980s experience.

#43559 3 months ago
Quoted from pinmister:

You have lots of games? Yet you have Iron Maiden Pro and Metallica Pro? You should sell some of your other games and make sure you get the Premium/LE versions-you don't want to fool yourself do you?

I'm happy living in my state of denial. Haha.

I love the art on Iron Maiden Pro too much..

My post was also poorly worded. Buy what you like.

1 month later
#44986 76 days ago
Quoted from RA77:

Oh man, but how awesome would it be.
There are a handful of other great tracks that would make for a hard core pinball.
When I win the $100 million lotto this weekend,
I will contract Stern Pinball to make 500 Slayer Pinball for all us Slayer fans.
I will be sure the game will include a pyrotechnics topper.
No low ceilings, lol
[quoted image]

My friends always laugh and scratch their heads when I say that I'm going to buy a lot of pinball machines if I win lotto.

1 month later
#46179 22 days ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

I've never been a Pokemon person, but my kids love it and I admit it would make a great pinball theme. If Pokemon was released and it was as much fun as Deadpool, Iron Maiden, Godzilla, Jurassic Park, Elvira, or Bond I'd buy one.

Just got back from Japan and Pokemon was EVERYWHERE. It's still a huge license.

It's not something that I ever got into, but it is still mega popular and the many Pokemon Centers are always packed with tourists buying Pokemon merch. I think it would be a huge pinball title for Stern if they secured it and I'm very interested to see if Pokemon pinball machines start popping up in places that never had a pinball machine before. I'm also keen to see what new things they do with Insider Connected.

In Tokyo and Osaka, you were always guaranteed of finding Pokemon, Super Mario or Godzilla merch. Stern has had huge success with Godzilla, I'm hoping Pokemon and Super Mario are future Stern Pinball titles.

#46218 22 days ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

I think its just pointing out that Pokemon is an absolutely massive license with worldwide appeal. Do I think a Pokemon game would suddenly make pinball huge in Japan? No. Its huge in other countries where pinball is popular though. Like Huge huge. I don't understand these guys who think just because its a theme they don't like, it isn't a massive phenomenon that tons of other people do. Yes, even to people in the pinball buying demographic. The younger end of that demographic but probably also the fastest growing demographic.

Yeah, this was the point of my post, not debating whether Japan will see an influx of pinball machines because of a possibility of a Pokemon pinball being released.

a) the trip showed me how popular the Pokemon franchise still is (the huge Pokemon themed stores were packed with Westerners)
b) I am curious to see if Pokemon pinball machines turn up in more locations (in the U.S, Europe and Australia)
c) I think it will be a positive for pinball in aiming for a bit younger market vs putting out another old band title like Pink Floyd.

#46343 21 days ago
Quoted from MooButt:

If it happens, it’ll be Jack

And we can only hope that it is Jack. He smashed it with Foo Fighters and it seems like he's bringing fresh ideas to Stern.

If a designer can't see the possibilities of a fun and vibrant theme like Pokemon, maybe it's time for retirement. Being offered to design that theme would be an absolute gift.

1 week later
#46634 14 days ago

I thought Indy was shelved? Disappointed to hear that because I'd love an Indy machine in my collection....especially with movie clips.

1 week later
#46978 2 days ago
Quoted from stubborngamer:

I'm pretty sure people don't hate John Wick here, I mean what's to hate, it's a movie for guys. People more state they don't think it will sell well, since it's kind of new and bordering on oversaturation already.

Yeah, exactly. I liked the first movie (pretty much stopped caring about the franchise after that), the soundtrack was awesome....do I care about it enough to want to buy a pinball based on this theme alone? No.

I think Keanu movies are great, he's a genuinely likeable person and one of his movie themes would be welcomed in my collection, but the only one that I care enough about to buy is Matrix. There are just too many better themes out there, space is getting more limited and brand new in box pinball is just way too expensive to buy a theme I'm only sort of ok with.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 125.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
PINBALLPICKERS

17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Loveland, CO
$ 175.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 21.50
€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

5,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silver Spring, MD
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
JAWS (PREMIUM) Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 10.50
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

$ 16.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

5,980 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ahdelarge.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine?tu=ahdelarge and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.