IMG_2624 (resized).jpeg
Nelson (resized).png
Andre (resized).png
dad_lg-min (resized).jpg
E497E3E8-872D-4DC9-B95B-17AFBD94F4D0 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #33984 Stern's new factory information Posted by Grantman (1 year ago)

Post #36014 TRAILER: Foo Fighters Pin teaser trailer Posted by Yoko2una (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mravic.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11776 3 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

Stern doesn’t make remakes but I also notice the awkward “Yet I” phrasing.

Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Godzilla,
It's going to be Godzilla.
I sourced the reasons for my speculation below.
1. It is widely believed that Stern has this specific license. We know that Spooky went after the license and was rebuffed https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/twip-spooky-pinball-no-godzilla-license-franchi-on-munsters-and-or-beatles-pinburgh-stream-when-will-we-see-deadpool-more/. There is heavy speculation Spooky and Stern got in a bidding war over this one, and I think we can all agree Stern has more resources than Spooky https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-godzilla.
2. There have been hints I've seen from supposed insiders, "it's going to be a monster of a game". https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vote-stern-titles-on-backorder-2020#post-6004004 If true, the monster theme would line up perfectly here.
3. Release would line up or would have lined up with original planned release date of new Godzilla movie originally schedule for November 30th, 2020, now releasing in May 2021. https://www.ign.com/articles/godzilla-vs-kong-hbo-max-streaming-option-after-netflix-failed-offer. This changed release date did not occur until June. I don't know how long the supply chain is in Pinball manufacturing, but Stern may have already been committed to ordering parts for production by this time.
4. Stern has a solid history of building pinball machines previously licensed by it’s ancestor companies, Data East and Sega. It has built Jurassic Park, Batman, Star Wars, Simpsons, Star Trek, Star Wars, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, WWF https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_games_released_by_Data_East https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Sega_Pinball_machines There was a Sega Godzilla machine released in 1998. https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/godzilla
For these reasons I'm guessing it is going to be Godzilla. Not only do we "know" Stern has this license, but there have been hints from supposed insiders that its a monster game, and the timeline lines up with the original release of an accompanying movie.
[quoted image]

Dennis Nordman designed White Water... It's been a while since we've gotten a Denis Nordman game or a Premium+ game from Stern... Could Dennis Nordman be designing a Premium+ Godzilla with influences from White Water? This could add up. Or be nothing.

4 months later
#16239 2 years ago

37:20 mark, Godzilla confirmed???

11 months later
#26513 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Honestly I’m not even a Franchi super fan and there are other artists outside the pinball sphere that I think out do him BUT he is head and shoulders a better visual artist than Martinez any day of the week. It’s not preference of style, it’s the near perfect execution of all of the rudimentary concepts in illustration. Figure drawing, composition, color theory, handling of light, dynamics, typography etc etc etc He checks all the boxes and he is highly regarded for a reason.

It must get exhausting being such an expert on so many topics.

3 months later
#29551 1 year ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

I’m out until a game with the letters a , j , w, and s comes out.

I agree, it's about time they made a game honoring the Godfather of Soul

merlin_23012162_d49296fb-895c-45d8-a09a-6eb1a33010c9-superJumbo (resized).jpgmerlin_23012162_d49296fb-895c-45d8-a09a-6eb1a33010c9-superJumbo (resized).jpg
2 months later
#33663 1 year ago

With the long awaited return of Tom to Blink-182 and the upcoming new album and world tour, I say it's time!

Feyu2xzVIAAApo7 (resized).jpegFeyu2xzVIAAApo7 (resized).jpeg
#33667 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

How do you think Tom DeLonge would feel if a Blink 182 pinball machine was about ufos and chasing big foot? Because a game about UFOs and cryptozoology could be fun

I feel like Tom would be all in, who knows about the others. Even if it's not the main theme, UFOs/Bigfoot etc. could be featured in the art and have an "Alien Hunt" mode or just the main objective for "Alien's Exist" song selection. Love it.

4 months later
#35874 1 year ago
Quoted from Capn12:

P.S. - No one cares about your opinion on what could be the next game.

Literally the point of this topic.

4 months later
#38926 9 months ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

I think they should say "Choose your host. Change the game" more.

Would it not be more correct to say "Choose your host. Change the *Premium/LE* game" ???

3 weeks later
#39778 8 months ago
Quoted from ejg10532626:

Why is this not brought to the front and center of all of these debates?
South Park - Part 2.
Choose any of about 10 long term themes from the later seasons (Tegridy farms would be mine).
K.Elwin designs.
Can you say - free money?
When the first game is widely collected AND a suck game AND the theme's still solid........

I couldn't agree more that another South Park pin does not get enough talk. It would crush as a theme.

Your idea about picking a running theme from multiple episodes is an interesting one to tackle the problem of too much content. I wouldn't want to limit to just those episodes, maybe just as artwork theme for the different trims? I would want bits and pieces of all the best episodes, characters and multi-episode themes to be included in the game.

1 month later
#40851 7 months ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

The 5th of November is coming fast...Y'all ready?[quoted image][quoted image]

You're saying V for Vendetta is next?

V (resized).PNGV (resized).PNG
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.95
17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Loveland, CO
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Discos Pinball Mod Shop

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 36.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 18.95
$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 1,059.00
5,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Raleigh, NC
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 48.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 35.00
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Findlay, OH

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mravic.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine?tu=mravic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.