20240423_100718 (resized).jpg
20240423_100723 (resized).jpg
Whoa (resized).jpg
51AE3C41-1E6E-417B-B0FC-EAF0D317F2BB.gif
vince-neil-is-upset (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #33984 Stern's new factory information Posted by Grantman (1 year ago)

Post #36014 TRAILER: Foo Fighters Pin teaser trailer Posted by Yoko2una (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kool1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

386 posts in this topic match your search for posts by kool1. You are on page 1 of 2.
#22296 2 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I hope music from Grace Under Pressure makes it into the game.
Distant Early Warning
Red Sector A
Other favorite tunes...
Limelight...
Subdivisions...
Spirit of Radio..
Rob

Would be so 1st day purchase for me no matter which songs they picked.

I like the older stuff from 2112 etc but I agree it would be awesome to see some "newer" titles also!

#22297 2 years ago

I will buy if this happens - even at the new higher prices!

Quoted from screaminr:

You said everything I was going to .
I Googled and listened to that song and I have never heard it before .
Rush never made the airwaves over here .
But I'm glad Rolls Royce and everyone else who loves Rush , will get their pin made .
Hopefully it lives up to everyone's expectations .

Never understood why Rush was not popular down in Australia. Huge in US/CAN/UK.

I understand they didn't ever tour there though, might be the issue.

#22299 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

You said everything I was going to .
I Googled and listened to that song and I have never heard it before .
Rush never made the airwaves over here .
But I'm glad Rolls Royce and everyone else who loves Rush , will get their pin made .
Hopefully it lives up to everyone's expectations .

Would be so 1st day purchase for me no matter which songs they picked.

I like the older stuff from 2112 etc but I agree it would be awesome to see some "newer" titles also!

Quoted from Shadrac:

Rush are well know in USA and Canada, but in Europe, not really. There will be very little sales in Europe, i'm sure about that.
And you have to appreciate the Geddy's voice...
Too bad it's not a Black Sabbath...

Huge in the UK though!

#22336 2 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

I can easily name over a hundred. And my ears are soul are better for it.

Same. I've seen them live 7 times.

Probably my favorite band of al time - I will make a very nice spot in the basement for a Rush machine.

Rush-in-concert (resized).jpgRush-in-concert (resized).jpg
#22370 2 years ago

These would be good too

76f191dc-b5c4-44cb-b9d4-aa3e8814d9f3 (resized).jpg76f191dc-b5c4-44cb-b9d4-aa3e8814d9f3 (resized).jpg
#22383 2 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

You would be ok with that as a topper?

They cost as much as a topper ($200+ on ebay) but - No probably not

#22426 2 years ago
Quoted from Enron64:

LZ has insane flow dude. Jamming a playfield full does not means it’s good.

I like the game, only played a couple of games but it was decent.

If you are a big Zep fan, even the pro would be A-ok!

#22427 2 years ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

Not that I care...but that Godzilla pro does look surprisingly barren UNDERNEATH.

In my eyes - easier to work on when there are issues

#22457 2 years ago
Quoted from Anony:

It's so irrelevant no one even considered it a possibility?
I think pinball is the only place you'll ever hear of Elvira these days.

It's surprising how Elvira lives in pinball and no where else these days, I agree.

Must be a lot of fans, I have zero interest in these pins.

#22471 2 years ago
Quoted from Sunsfan23:

She actually has a brand new netflix special.

Ok - next to nothing going on with Elvira. Must be a big fan base somewhere.

Seems like there are so many better franchises to release or re-release.

#22477 2 years ago
Quoted from Anony:

They've remade the same batman vs joker story about ten times at this point, hopefully them digging this deep is a sign that even those tired remakes are finally reaching their end. Hollywood is creatively bankrupt and not willing to take any risks. They would rather put out a shit script under a name they know sells itself than take a risk on something new and interesting that won't appeal to humans age 9-92.

I would agree with that, bringing back Jurassic Park and Indiana Jones (again) is proof of that LOL.

Quoted from greenhoody:

As far as the lines getting slow I can't Rush selling a ton unless it's a great game. I feel like they could crank out even more EHOH and Deadpool and easily move them. I don't love Ghostbusters as a game but the theam is to die for. Amazing looking game. Just as soon as I decide I want one they're to expensive...

Rush is huge with men in their 40's and 50's. 5th all time in the US - gold/platinum albums, 40++ million records sold.

It will sell.

#22514 2 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

lucky piece of glass!

She looks amazing - same age as I am.

#22627 2 years ago
Quoted from Aussiepinwiz:

Many pinball enthusiasts outside North America are largely ignorant about Rush.
That's why it won't initially sell well in Australia, New Zealand and Europe.

Rush was reasonably popular in parts of Europe and South America. They were very popular in Great Britain.

#22656 2 years ago
Quoted from beltking:

After personally buying three pins in a few month and many people getting Godzilla and Cactus canyon I hope Sterns next one is good or they might not sell well. Many people I think are broke right now lol.

Many new buyers fund purchases with the sale of older pins. With used prices where they are - it's easy to sell a pin you paid $1000 for and is now worth $6000 to get a new Stern.

1 week later
#22755 2 years ago
Quoted from NovaCade:

I could get down with James Bond, especially if it was Classic Connery era (personal favorite). I have zero interest in Harry Potter but I get that it is or at one time was a phenomenon. BTTF…hell yes! Same for Matrix, I LOVE alien but with Pinball Bros release I doubt that happens anytime this decade

A new Bond would be awesome though I think it would be based on Craig and Connery. I agree though - Connery would be cool but I don't see it. So much could be done with this theme regardless!

For now - anxiously awaiting Rush.

#22767 2 years ago
Quoted from Slogan1111:

Regardless. One of the best bass players/musician ever born.

Quoted from dr_nybble:

Hopefully Geddy is personally involved as he goes all in with things he is passionate about!

I can't see Geddy not being involved to some degree. He finished his book and book tour, the Rush beer is out and now the natural progression is a pinball machine project.

My favorite band of all time, I've seen them 6-7 times. I remember bumping into Geddy at a sub shop once back in the late 80's. Stupid me had no paper or pen for an autograph. Pre-cell phone.

So excited to see this machine.

#22809 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Because they shoot well, have humour, are easily approachable to new players, have depth for more experienced players, their themes are more generically fun and they've had 25 years as the benchmark for all around good game design.
These two games will likely always be top 10 titles.

I agree for all those reasons. Fantastic games that always pull me in when I see them.

#22829 2 years ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

I am telling you, Nintendo is a hard license. I did some work with them a few years back and they were 10x harder than Disney.

It is very hard - probably never happen

#22868 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Probably next month, shipping in Jan would be my guess, but they might wait a couple weeks later and announce at CES on Jan 5th like they did for Munsters.

Exciting.

62113_1015484 (resized).jpg62113_1015484 (resized).jpg
#22978 2 years ago
Quoted from SNES:

Pepsi all the way!!!!

Only reason they would make these (Coke or Pepsi) is if they were commissioned to for promotional reasons.

I can't see Stern seeking out commercial brands for their machines.

#23008 2 years ago
Quoted from Btrips9:

The Weapon and Count Floyd!
One of my favorite Rush songs!
I really do hope they make this pin

It's next

#23035 2 years ago
Quoted from calprog:

I am hoping they knock it outside of the park with RUSH! My favorite band of all time.

Same. I have cash in the bank ready for it.

#23046 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Punisher would be awesome but it would have to be brutal as hell! I wouldnt mind daredevil, fantastic four, new spidey, xmen. Theres so many

Punisher would be cool but it's likely too obscure for Stern.

Fantastic Four or a Spiderman seem more likely.

#23141 2 years ago

I also believe we will see Rush in 2021. I mean you may not get your game till early 2023, but it will be released before the end of this year.

2112>> 12/12/21 or 21/12, 2021 me thinks

This machine is going to rock!

#23202 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Unless I strike It rich, I won't be buying a NIB again. I FOMOd on Halloween and quite frankly it's silly telling(when they ask) people I spent 10gs on a toy lol. Hell, that might be cheap compared to the next price hike.

Problem is even used newer pins are going for new prices - if you can find one.

#23208 2 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Even at the current prices, pins are the best deal in the large toy department.
Try selling a boat you bought new for anything near what you paid!

Pins holding value is key - if resale ever fell off dramatically that would be an issue!

#23221 2 years ago
FB_IMG_1637616427366 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1637616427366 (resized).jpg
#23225 2 years ago
Quoted from Btrips9:

I hope it’s a good pin ! I’m a huge Rush fan!
Can’t wait!!!!!
The possibilities are endless…..
[quoted image][quoted image]

I have heard solid rumors about the machine - it's going to be amazing.

Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

You should know better. Rush celebrate Thanksgiving in October like good Canadian boys.

Fair - oh well. 2 Thanksgivings never hurt anyone.

#23230 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

I guess no rumors on differences between models? Hoping I can find a premium. Lots of games to trade if worse comes to worse.

No nothing like that. I'm sure we will get an announcement soon.

I'm dying to see what it looks like.

#23243 2 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

So cool!! Thanks for pointing this out.

Very cool!

Quoted from JakePG:

You just described the pinball demographic

LOL - yup

#23259 2 years ago
Quoted from CoachBacca:

Mando 100%, don’t care for the actual game but the artwork is fantastic.

I've only played the Pro but I like the game a lot

#23332 2 years ago
Quoted from westofrome:

Rush speculation:
Teased week of 12/13
Revealed week of 12/20
Streaming at CES week of 1/6
Since it's a Borg, I predict a Geddy Bash toy, three mono-targets, and seven magnets

I heard 21/12 (12/12/21) - could be wrong

Exciting none the less!

#23353 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Rocket City Pinball, only on FB for now[quoted image]

Ok - I need on of these!

Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Dec 12 is a Sunday. Most reveals are on a Tuesday

No idea but I will take your word.

I guess 12 (December) and 21 will work any day of the month.

#23365 2 years ago
Annotation (3) (resized).pngAnnotation (3) (resized).png
#23395 2 years ago
Quoted from Lateralus:

Was Rush confirmed as next Stern pin? Did I miss something? I don't live on the forums, so it's very possible. Rush and Tool would be my dream pins!

It's been all but confirmed. Should get something next week or two.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#23396 2 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

I do not have much background on the band Rush .
What would fans of this pin want the LE to look like?[quoted image]

I have seen that art before but I'm never a fan of too much business. Would prefer a 2112 album cover, simple but obviously Rush.

#23398 2 years ago
Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

People hated the album cover cabinet art on Led Zeppelin. Rush has had so many different styles in their album art over the years and I wouldn't mind something like the GnR LE tour poster art. I suspect at least one of the packages will be Moving Pictures themed.

As Geddy and Neil have a great sense of humor, I wouldn't mind a cartoon like on Aerosmith or Metallica.

We did see the original Rush lettering from the 1st album on that leaked image so we could see something very simple.

rediscovered-debut-2 (resized).jpgrediscovered-debut-2 (resized).jpg
#23406 2 years ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

I just watched the Rush Documentary on Netflix. I was pretty surprised at how silly, and almost goofy, Alex and Geddy were in real life. They seem like very normal guys.

I bumped into Geddy once at a sub shop when I was a teenager. Sadly I had nothing to sign (pre-Smartphone) but he was super nice..

High school buds forever that lived the dream - they should have a good sense of humor

#23456 2 years ago
Quoted from Gopher4653:

Dave Grohl is one of the coolest people on the planet. 3+ hour live shows every time. Changed music forever with Nirvana. Performed the final song on Letterman’s show. Super fun band personality for call outs. I’m all in.

I think Foo Fighters will get a machine one day but too soon.

Going to see them next summer and hopefully I will have my Rush pinball by then also!

#23471 2 years ago
Quoted from Alattig:

Foo Fighters are far more worthy of their own pinball machine than Rush, no doubt about it.

Why?

#23482 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I’ve never really understood the appeal of music pins. Most seem they would be dated very quickly. Can’t have that much variety with rules. And I don’t think I’d enjoy hearing the music of my favorite group played through crappy pinball audio.
That said, there seems to be more excitement for Rush than I would have expected so I’m happy for those fans that have been waiting for it.

I think the opposite actually. Music pins like AC/DC and Zeppelin certainly cross more age groups than old movie and TV show themes. How many 20 and 30 year olds have seen Johnny Mnemonic or Addams Family?

#23486 2 years ago
Quoted from Craziestsinge:

I agree! I really hope this is a good pin and more effort is put into it compared with Led Zepplin. Led Zepplin had a sparse playfield and was boring. Essentially a juke box with a couple of flippers and only 6-8 songs.

From rumors I hear, Rush will have much more.

#23496 2 years ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

I have the utmost respect for any musician or band. To me playing guitar is honestly the hardest thing on the planet.
But... Foo Fighters?
A pin should not be based on anything that a person has to be a "hardcore fan" to realize how great it is. Like.... I listen to a lot of radio and alt and rock and I can think of like 2 Foo songs. This puts a lot of pressure on the design to be the best. I'm a big Led Zep fan, but that pin is only average as the design is just.... lacking.
The EAGLES would be a better fit for a pin. Not dissing Foo and their music, I personally like them. But.... it would be like this "oh i've heard this song before". Not, "oh yeah i love this song."
I'm a little confused as to the direction with Rush AND Foo. Rush is the same, only LESS popular and well known. I understand the demographic that buys pins. I get it. Maybe Stern is trying to not sell as many so they can catch up on the rest. bahahahaha
This is really baffling to me and disappointing. With all the good ideas and themes out there.... I just can't get with these. Good thing there are tons of great pins already out!

I think you are talking about your own music knowledge and taste, not that of the core pinball buyers. Guys in their 40s-60s all know Rush very well, they are hall of famers with 45 million records sold. Rush's sales statistics also place them third behind the Beatles and the Rolling Stones for the most consecutive gold or platinum albums by a rock band.

I'm not a huge Iron Maiden fan and you probably don't know Iron Maiden well either but heck - great pin with great songs and graphics. Killer release.

#23507 2 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Ladies and Gentlemen, announcing the latest new Stern game...
Talladega Nights!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
Shake and Bake!
[quoted image]

I would be all over this.

The callouts would be worth the price of admission - so many good lines in that movie!

#23513 2 years ago
Quoted from EchoVictor:

I seem to recall there was an interview with George Gomez a while back about the development process. I thought I remember him saying that at some point, having a designer or dev team that was passionate about a certain license *WAS* one of the factors that went into deciding which theme to pursue, and which to drop....

I would bet money there are some big Rush fans at Stern somewhere.

#23567 2 years ago
Quoted from Gopher4653:

Lots of negativity and stress created by potential pinball themes. I love a wide variety of music and am a huge Dave Grohl fan,but that being said I’ll give any game a chance, just happy new ones keep coming out and know they’re not all being made for me. I’d take a Mike Pence pin if it was fun to play, had great code and awesome well placed sounds and music. Couldn’t think of anything more boring…
A few that wouldn’t be boring to me:
John Wick
Call of Duty
Christmas Vacation
Classic SNL comedy
Ted Lasso
Johnny Cash or other country music
Snoop Dogg
The Office

Never been a country music themed machine - I'm sure there would market for it but I think it would have to be a big star like Cash, Strait or Brooks.

Any Vacation theme would be awesome.

I feel like movie and TV franchises are out unless they are Scifi or Marvel classics. We haven't seen one in many many years!

#23570 2 years ago

He'll say you got Rush right.

Lil_Rush (resized).jpgLil_Rush (resized).jpg
#23583 2 years ago
Quoted from acedanger:

I'm still hoping for Culture Club
[quoted image]

OMG what happened to him/her?

#23589 2 years ago

Forgot about Dolly - I actually played that one as a kid. They had one at the local K-Mart lol.

#23610 2 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

The best of the best!
The pinball gods!
[quoted image]

Love to hang with those gentlemen. I would just sit and listen.

Quoted from Yokimato:

I’m still hoping for a Futurama pin. Ridiculous amounts of content that would be perfect for callouts.

This would be a good theme. Great show - surprised it never got done.

#23642 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

As an operator of an all ages pinball spot I am frothing at the mouth for a Pokémon pin. I could prob retire on the coin drop. High possibility it never gets made though.

Probably decent for an operator in the right place but I suspect very few 40 and 50 year old guys would ever look at it.

#23648 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Bologna, if you will only play certain pins because you personally think the theme is cool, well…you’re going to miss out on a lot of awesome games.

I didnt say the game wouldnt be good, I said 40 and 50 year old men won't buy the theme. Just my opinion, I could be wrong.

#23651 2 years ago

That is the age group range of whom would buy a new BTTF.

100%

#23679 2 years ago
Quoted from swampshroom:

I'm really trying to not get my hopes up but I'm so excited for a Rush pin! I've been following all the hype and rumors but I won't be convinced a Rush pin lives until it's released. I'm doing my part to will it into existence
[quoted image]

Definitely real, definitely coming.

#23692 2 years ago

I'm pumped for the Rush reveal. I really think it could be something special if they choose the right songs and go with a fantasy/ Sci fi theme. 2112 is incredible. Spirit of the Radio has to be in there too. I hope the songs don't restart with each ball ala AC/DC...

From the rumors I'm hearing you won't be disappointed. Not sure if it will be 2112 but I would love to see that.

I'm totally pumped.

Quoted from smokinhos:

Do you say you hope Rush is as good as Zeppelin? Did I miss something? Did something come out of the middle of your game other than a spinner? Music is good, but we barely finished our first game. Never looked back. Met/GOTG is a fun game. ACDC is another band I really enjoy, but again.. won't be buying the pin. Screaminr nailed it. Multiple bands in one game.. nice mix of songs. I'm in. The Cleland sound mod for GOTG was excellent, just didn't get played enough. Sounds like 2022 should have some interesting announcements, I just hope that after the Rush fans will the pin into existence it is everything they hoped for. It will suck for me if the play and layout is awesome because I can't buy a game that I dont enjoy the theme at least at little.

I agree Led Zeppelin is a bit disappointing. I'm hoping for more Iron Maiden like game play in this pin.

#23703 2 years ago
Quoted from swampshroom:

I've never been able to understand why anyone who claims to be passionate about music could dislike Rush? Within Rush you have the best drummer in the world. You have one of the best bassist in the world and a phenomenal guitarist. All of there songs are either uplifting or deeply thought provoking, or both. The music that these 3 people create is top tier music for music enthusiasts. I understand people have different tastes in music and different genres appeal more to some than others. But if you appreciate music at all there is no way Rush can be denied as great music. You may enjoy something heavier. Something more country. Something more pop. But there is no denying Rush makes great music! Rush has a huge catalog of music and a huge following of avid fans. Rush absolutely deserve to be immortalized on a pinball machine.
Thanks for listening
Brandon

All correct but I'm a tad biased. Every rock musician and school of rock school is knee deep in Rush. Cult following is massive.

Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

It better be GNR x 2 on design and code. Especially with pinflation.

I love GNR but I don't love GNR's pin. It's ok but if you take away the theme and awesome music it the game play doesn't excite me .

#23715 2 years ago
Quoted from dr_nybble:

Let's hope this is a passion project by Geddy/Alex and not just a mail-it-in band pin. Although I'm an Iron Maiden fan, I'm so glad it doesn't have the band plastered all over the playfield (sorry Nicko).

From what I have heard Geddy was involved.

#23726 2 years ago
Quoted from fswanson24:

I'm guessing teaser next week, and reveal right after Christmas.

If you are a Rush fan you know that 2112 is coming up so my guess is still 12/21/21. Of course any day this month is also 12/21.

#23736 2 years ago
Quoted from parsonsaj:

I would think the Rush game would have to have at least 1 washing machine toy somewhere on the playfield...

My best guesses are a washing machine, a time machine and a big ass drum kit.

download (2) (resized).jpgdownload (2) (resized).jpg
#23765 2 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

RUSH was my first concert in 1986. Witnessed them 2 more times. Best Live show I ever saw. God I hope its as good as the band.
What will make this a top 10 pin?
1. Band support like GNR gave JJP. Access to all the art and songs.
2. Lyman on code.
3. Time Machine Theme and gameplay.
4. Tribute to Neil Pert (sp?) Greatest drummer ever imo.
5. Have FLOW and avoid what happened to Aerosmith, Kiss and LZ. All cheap looking, boring pins I would never own(even though I love the music).
Honestly I wish JJP got the licence. Stern ... dont fuk it up.

I'd take Stern any day. GNR is a cool machine but it's not a great game. Stern makes good games.

#23766 2 years ago

Last time ❤️ Would make a perfect backglass image.

FB_IMG_1639542493352 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1639542493352 (resized).jpg

#23770 2 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Lol…..
I’m a GnR fan so I have to keep my LE in my line up regardless. It’s beautiful but it’s underwhelming to shoot
The bit that’s annoying, the team at JJP took these home for like, 6 months to play…prior to release
Then didn’t fix the irritating ball hops, ball hang ups etc….. what were they doing, Egyptian pinball Lol…..

GNR is a great band and pinball theme.i just wish the game was better. Never get sick of Guns.

#23794 2 years ago
Quoted from BeeGee6533:

Apologies for getting off track with next Stern pin. Since it’s rumored to be RUSH I’m assuming some RUSH music talk might fit in the context. Hopefully it’s a great pinball machine!

Rush is definitely next (any time now) and I agree - Rush is not a regular prog rock band.

Quoted from Capn12:

I love the music talk, but changing someone's mind about the "best" at any instrument is akin to changing someone's mind about politics, etc.

LOL. I'll take music (and pinball) over politics any day.

#23836 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

For someone who hasn't heard a rush song , what's their best / most popular song .

Not mine but according to Rolling Stone poll top 5 were :

1. Tom Sawyer
2. 2112
3. Limelight
4. Working Man
5 Red Barchetta

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-lists/readers-poll-the-10-best-rush-songs-178108/red-barchetta-171754/

This top 10 is closer to mine, their top 5

1. Tom Sawyer
2. Spirit of Radio
3. Fly by Night
4. Limelight
5. 2112

https://ultimateclassicrock.com/rush-songs/

I actually listen to their last 5 CDs more than anything.

Rush-reference-on-last-nights-episode-of-the-FOX-animated-series-Family-Guy (resized).jpgRush-reference-on-last-nights-episode-of-the-FOX-animated-series-Family-Guy (resized).jpg
#23851 2 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

From what I can tell, Rush LEs are sold out and it hasn't even been announced yet!

I suspect that is true

#23884 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

It'll be 10. If we're lucky.

Rumors I have heard is high teens.

Quoted from DrDQ:

Put in a Roll The Bones mode where it just plays any song from the entire collection randomly.

That would be badass

#23917 2 years ago
Quoted from bestbrad:

Anyone hearing whether Rush is a two flipper or three flipper game?

Really hoping for 3!

Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Our Sauce is saying 2nd week January for next announcement.
Will be interesting to see who's sauce is best!

Still hearing 12/21

#23921 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

And making a music Playlist though YouTube is impossible without a premium membership now. Every song starts with ads (some over 2min) and some songs also end with an ad. I have old Playlist that I tried to listen to not lo g ago and if you aren't there to hit skip, their is far more time dedicated to ads than music. I know there are dozen of other ways to listen to music but this used to be one as well. Remember back when you could throw YouTube up as a house party playlist and just having it play music?

Went YouTube Premium a long time ago, watch way too much YouTube to waste time on ads. It's combined with YouTube Music so a great deal, it's just as good as any music service.

#23930 2 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Per K man Facebook[quoted image]

More or less all the same things I heard.

Couple of other surprises also.

Quoted from John-Floyd:

Don’t know who K man is, but I like that there’s 15+ tunes… hope they stay away from the mid 80’s synth heavy years!

I did hear there will be some "longer songs". Should be interesting.

#23942 2 years ago
Quoted from rwmech5:

This list is only missing the #1 song Take Off with Bob and Doug Mckenzie

That would be an awesome song if they added - Take off Eh!!!!!!

#23965 2 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

It’s not next Tue.
Distrib preview last week of Dec, announcement first week of 2022.

Maybe a tease 12/21

#23973 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

New pin day is what I live for nowadays ! They can’t mess with the week of Christmas ,as most of us will be holding our chests tight when the present tally comes up .Then we need some time to come to terms with it .So 2 weeks should do it where we forget all from 2021 and start the new tab ! I mean New Year

2021 was better but 2022 is not starting well. So many sick people again right now. Pinball has been a savior for me, Rush pinball will definitely a highlight of December!/January.

#23976 2 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

College fraternities are so excited about it that they've designated a whole week to celebrate it.

LOL

#23996 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Will we get a teaser tomorrow?

12/21/21 - I think so!

#24034 2 years ago
FB_IMG_1640088619777 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1640088619777 (resized).jpg
#24041 2 years ago
Quoted from ahdelarge:

I had a chuckle today when I thought of the story about how nobody at Stern was passionate enough to make a Beetlejuice pinball machine, but here we are and they're about to release a Rush pinball machine....Beetlejuice oozes art, music, originality, vibrancy, international appeal....Rush is an amazing band, but hardly anyone I know could name a single song. I'd just be playing Tom Sawyer the first time I put coin through it.
Foo Fighters - you can easily pack (at the very least) 12 songs in there that have international appeal (see previous poster's list) and have a rocking game....and the complainers that don't like the Foo Fighters can't tell me that all those popular tracks wouldn't get the adrenaline pumping for a game of pinball... Couple this with original artwork that pops (Zombie Yeti) and some type of retro ray gun comic alien/UFO theme, with a killer layout and you're onto a winner. Metallica proved people wrong with this approach. I was expecting some dark Photoshop band imagery and Dirty Donny came along and knocked it out of the park. The triple threat of DD art, Lyman code and Borg layout.
Let's see if Foo Fighters becomes a reality and they create an original alien character like Metallica's Sparky....

It's all personal preference.

While I'm a huge fan of the Foo Fighters and I think they could get a pin some day, I just don't put them on the same level as Rush in terms of history, catalog and overall accomplishment. At the end of the day there are more than enough people to sell out Rush pins, probably more than enough to sell out pins from dozens of bands. More than likely though - there are some big Rush fans at Stern.

#24051 2 years ago

No Rush news at all...not even a teaser. LAME

Very disappointed if they don't at least tease something today.

#24079 2 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

Wow check out this cool thread I can't talk in anymore.

Talk! Please talk!

#24150 2 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Unfortunately, it will never happen. That's why the price continues to rise.

Yep.. They are unaffordable now.

#24262 2 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

17 songs is amazing.

I had heard 19 so maybe 2 surprises to come..

#24367 2 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

Ha. Yeah, I know my last 4 Elwin games have really sucked.

LOL.

Stern could sell 2x the machines if they had capacity.

#24515 2 years ago
Quoted from DrDQ:

Alex and Geddy on the Callouts!!!!

This already makes it better than LZ

1 week later
#24810 2 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

I would kill for the pin.
[quoted image]

Jaws pin would be awesome for sure. I honestly can believe it was never made, just imagine the shark toy possibilities!

#25031 2 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

BTTF
JAWS
BOND
TOY STORY
I am ready.

Still find Jaws hard to believe.

BTTF may be my next pin though.

#25038 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

rock pins are great. I am not even an Iron Maiden fan but I dont mind the music and the pin is perfect. Also great design.
I have come to learn, that I really have to hate the theme and the layout to not like a pin... ultimately, theme is not very important unless it is just stupid.
In other words, theme is not very important!

I agree

Not an Iron Maiden fan but the pin is fantastic

#25068 2 years ago
Quoted from Dalewin:

I feel like MineCraft would make an awesome theme for a pin. Built in quests to reach the nether and the end. Have to fight the Ender Dragon or Wither. Lots of mobs to fight. Seems like it has a lot of potential and there’s no denying the massive popularity of the game - still.

I think it would make a decent pin but it won't sell well because most middle age men don't play Minecraft or identify with it.

Maybe in 20 years... Next generation

#25182 2 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Devastating news of Lyman Sheets passing..My Heart Goes out to The family. He was such a GREAT Talent.
Prayers!

55 years old - tragic for sure.

Quoted from JackG:

Pokémon would be the most sought after pin of all time. As long as it plays well any person of any age would love it. I never got into it until Pokémon Go came out. My son loved it so I started playing with him. For a couple years up until the pandemic we’d use the weekend to visit different parks, go on hikes and catch pokemons. It was a lot of quality time. If there were IC that had rare Pokémon in different locations like they did with Go. And every time you play you caught new Pokémon and were able to evolve it like in Go, then I could finally get my son into pinball and spend the weekends traveling around to different locations with him. It would be hard to license and tough to code IC, but that’s an op dream pin. And every year you could update code to a new generation of Pokémon like they did with Go. Also when I played Go, there were people of all ages walking around and catching them. Plus since it’s at locations, they could even crossover to put Go locations with special features like rare Pokémon nests where pins are which could drive an entirely new audience to the hobby and drive new people to locations with pins. I’d probably get hooked on Go again.

I honestly can't see any children's themes coming to Stern and I think the license for Nintendo properties is too pricey and hard to get.

#25185 2 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

I think we may all have a bit different views on what constitutes a “children’s theme” these days… I mean AIQ and TMNT are what?

Marvel is not a children's theme per se. TMNT is a retro theme for guys that grew up in the 90's, kids today have no idea what it is.

#25191 2 years ago
Quoted from radium:

Do you even have kids?
My son is 4 years old and has a ton of TMNT and Transformers stuff. He also watches Voltron and Thundercats. Two of my daughters dressed up as marvel characters for halloween.

I have two teenagers now.

TMNT / Transformers is another era - not saying the odd kid doesn't like their dad's toys but it's not mainstream anymore.

#25218 2 years ago
Quoted from Apollo18:

Oh man. Top Gun!
Hadn’t occurred to me. That would be Sick!
. Indeed

Would be timely also with a new movie

#25243 2 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

Looool, big time stretch trying to call those iconic titles children’s themes. Ninja’s and Marvel Hero’s, don’t get much more adult than that. Both comic series are cherished by adults worldwide. Stern doesn’t have a kiddie theme in their stable.

I agree. Marvel / TMNT are more adult themes than kids though they absolutely appeal to both which is awesome.

4 weeks later
#25717 2 years ago
Quoted from o07eleven:

The Bond theme would just be the most recent movie most likely.

For sure - Craig will be the face of it.

#25758 2 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

The next Stern pin is delayed till August says Gary Stern. He says demand for games has gone through the roof and IC has helped that effort.
iC makes for good marketing jingle and creates a closed eco system no other company/boutique manufacturers can match. Many now don’t want to buy outside that eco system, because the future of IC is only going to get bigger and better. It seems buyers mainly want the games that will work in that eco system as the future holds many additional add-ons for existing games. Even new ways to play the same game will be introduced, without spending well over $10k for a new one. Stern is heavily investing in IC and its not just for giving our games achievements.

Honestly I'm ok with all of this. People have been waiting months and even over a year for current titles. Every new title makes the backlog worse.

Quoted from mbwalker:

Curious how this will affect the distros wallets if they don't have the typical in-rush of orders in April? Could drive up the price the distros charge to make up for the dip in sales. Wonder what Stern's mix is of backlog vs. taking new orders on current pins?

I don't think they care if they sell James Bond or Deadpool. As long as the pins are flowing.

#25766 2 years ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

Good news for JJP.

I can't see JJP benefiting at all. Lots of news Sterns will keep flowing.

#25783 2 years ago

Toy Story will be interesting

#25821 2 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Seriously, who was asking for Venom??? Where are the "We need a Venom!" threads?

It's just the annual Marvel release

It will sell and be played because it's Marvel.

#25827 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I am super excited for Venom, so there’s at least one of us

I'm not super excited but I do like Marvel games and movies so if it's a good game.. Im ok with that.

1 week later
#25911 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

What is MSRP on RUSH LE? Is it still $11,099 like the press release from the announcement in January?

yes

$13,000 is about what you can get one for though

#25941 2 years ago
Quoted from DentalDude88:

The more people post about it, the more I am hoping for a JAWS pin. Think of what they could do....
-Giant ball-eating shark head
-Intense, blood-pumping musical moments, especially with the iconic ''2-note'' shark theme plus expression lighting setting up a critical shot...man!
-Richard Dreyfuss callouts
-Maybe a dorsal fin that rises and dips across the playfield similar to Big Buck Hunter, but better.
-A good opportunity to have Stern make an overwhelmingly "blue" color-schemed pin that would stand out in a sea of reds, oranges, and yellows.
-Potentially an innovative lower playfield with underwater shark toy interaction.
Lemme know more ideas, please, this is fun to think about!

I would be very excited to see all of this. Fantastic theme.

2 weeks later
#26066 2 years ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

MASH
Magnum PI
Knight Rider

All good but Magnum would have the best chance as a modern franchise.

I think older TV shows with no current relevance are a tough sell unfortunately.

1 week later
#26234 2 years ago
Quoted from Bundy:

This could work
[quoted image]

Would be a day one pre-order for me - would be awesome. So many Bandit and Buford T. Justice callouts!

One of my favorite movies as a kid.

#26255 2 years ago
Screenshot_20220406-134113_Facebook (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220406-134113_Facebook (resized).jpg
#26259 2 years ago
Quoted from pldubya43:

If Jaws was announced I’d make room for an LE instantly.

Not going to lie, as a kid of the 70s/80s - a Jaws pin kind of excites me.

#26260 2 years ago
Quoted from kool1:

Not going to lie, as a kid of the 70's and 80's - a Jaws pin kind of excites me.

1 week later
#26497 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Crue would be an instant buy for me as well. GNR just made me love Stern pins more. Great light show, but sound sounded like crap, and just was not fun at all. My two daughters couldn’t wait to get their turns over. One a free game an neither wanted it. Just my personal opinion.

I passed on a nice G&R last month. Never played G&R but SDTM did a review last week and loved it. I ended up buying a LZ premium because I generally like Stern games better. We shall see!

Motley Crue would be awesome with expression lighting. Day 1 purchase yep.

#26515 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Mando looks like goddamn coloring book art replete with stock crayola colors from the budget 10 set haha. It’s equally as bad as Star Wars…which looks the same. It is lowest common denominator illustration at best. At worst, it’s clown s#it. The fact that this guy can be mentioned in the same breath as Franchi is bonkers.

Really like Mando, beautiful art IMO - Not sure what your alternative would be?

#26525 2 years ago
Quoted from aerobert:

The next Stern pin could be AC/DC premium again, just so that I can have another shot buying one.
Man are they unobtainium without paying an arm and a leg today.

AC/DC prices are out of control

#26532 2 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Probably justified for such a legendary rock band and pinball machine. One of Steve Ritchie’s best, for sure. Mine is bolted down!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Sweet. I would bolt it also. I'm sure they could sell thousands more!

Quoted from JohnTTwo:

The game is so awesome and adding Shoot to Thrill, Dirty Deeds, Long way to the Top, and Money Talks really make that bitch rock and pin!!!!!

Quoted from aerobert:

Tell me about it. I've been wanting one forever but never pulled the trigger because there was always one available in a location or by friends or something. I had enough machines at home. But with time I've moved twice and reduced the collection and still ended up wanting it.
For a long time they were around 6000-6500 euro. I was even looking at buying a NIB vault Luci in mid 2019, still in stock. Failed once again to pull the trigger.
Now? Fogettaboutit

I'll keep hunting for one. It would look so good next to my Rush and LZ.

1 week later
#26586 1 year ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

I hope so, but Stern machines have not all been hits at the time of release in the past few years.
I would say the following have not been knock out hits for Stern *at time of release.
Rush
Led Zeppelin
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Black Knight
Beatles
Aerosmith
With that said, I would give Stern an 80% chance of releasing a hit next. Demand is sky high.

Stern doesn't need to release DP or GZ monster hits every time because they can't fulfill the demand for almost anything anyway.

1 week later
#26704 1 year ago
Quoted from zr11990:

VanHalen would be awesome, just fucking awesome, if they did the game like they did it like Rush not Led Zeppelin.I think Rush is a great game.

I would buy a Van Halen for sure. I have a feeling though that the 70/80s Rocks pins may start transitioning to 90's bands soon. Hard to say - but I love my Rush and that was my dream machine.

3 weeks later
#27315 1 year ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Lets hope not. Unless Stern pulls another rabbit out of their hat, I think it would be a mediocre selling title.

Knapp Arcade says Bond today!

https://www.knapparcade.org/post/rumor-george-gomez-james-bond-is-stern-pinball-s-next-game

#27322 1 year ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

The entire franchise woukd be cool but the licensing dynamics required and cost probably make it unlikely. I'm guessing a Connery or Craig themed machine with personal preference leaning towards the newer Craig films.

Craig makes the most sense for all ages.

Connery wouldn't appeal to younger players.

#27330 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

This may be true, but Connery is still the best Bond. Change my mind.

100%

But I'm old

#27334 1 year ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

So, if Gomez is doing Bond and Eddy is doing Venom…what exactly is Keith working on currently???

81i0SawSjDL._AC_SY879_ (resized).jpg81i0SawSjDL._AC_SY879_ (resized).jpg
#27388 1 year ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Roth VH not a big Sammy guy.

This would be a big issue with a VH pin. Is it a Roth pin or a Sammy pin... I suspect it will never happen for this reason alone unfortunately.

#27396 1 year ago
Quoted from Jonnylaw707:

The next four will be..
-Bond
-Jaws
-Venom
-He-Man
just wait and see...

In this order?

I do keep hearing Gomez Bond is next.

#27418 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Bond could be reskinned Get Smart in a Family Guy/Shrek way. I'm "meh" on a Bond pin, but I'd be all over a Get Smart pin.

I'm sure it's a reskined something

#27448 1 year ago

nostalgia is a weird thing... I like certain titles from the 90s, but after playing them again, I prefer to keep my memories of them rather than making new ones with them. New pinball games are better playing machines.

100%. The games I have bought because I liked them in 1994 or 2005 have all gone. Far better off buying the best games you can afford and I think the best games period are mostly the newer Sterns.

Always exceptions, I still love my LW3 but I didn't buy it because of nostalgia.

#27452 1 year ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

Not everyone has the space / funds / otherwise able to commit to have a pinball museum in their house. As a newb, my perspective is that if I can only convince my wife to let me have 2-4 machines, I want machines that have a tons of modes / very deep code. Generally that means newer machines. I can always go play MM/AFM/MB, etc at the local arcade or VPX, I just can't justify it having a spot at my house (Especially since they are more expensive than a new stern!)

All true, though I'm happy to move 1-2 pins in and out every year or 2. Problem is there aren't very many public pins close to me.

LW3 was my absolute favourite, probably the best 90s game. So underrated.
I want one and a T2...because nostalgia lol

I somehow never played LW3 before I bought it. It was totally new to me and I love the game. It really is a fun game and not expensive.

#27514 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Just when I thought this hobby has hit the lowest point possible
Charging people money to put them on a wish list? Double face palm

I would never deal with them again -

#27571 1 year ago

Rumors of Venom seemed to have evaporated. What if Venom actually turns out to be a code name for Jaws? That would be epic. Haha

Venom doesn't seem like that big an IP to me. It's ok but Bond, Jaws and BTTF all sound far better.

#27583 1 year ago
Quoted from BasementFacts:

True, but it's a far cheaper license which means more money in Stern's pocket. They probably want to do cheap licenses every once in awhile.

Cheaper I would say. I doubt any Marvel franchise is "cheap".

#27619 1 year ago

Toy Story reveal tomorrow

#27630 1 year ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

We've loved our Mando since day one - so, don't understand that one. To each his own, I guess!

I was actually going to buy a Mando since they had some in stock at Player One but I got nervous because they are in stock everywhere and if I don't like it I may have to sell at a loss.

I should probably go try it out!

Quoted from acedanger:

Next Stern pin is JAWS fact!!

That would be cool

#27651 1 year ago

I think TS4 looks pretty cool. Too bad they don't make SE anymore. I'll never be able to afford one. I look forward to playing it though. Hoping to see Mando Topper tomorrow too. Not going to buy one, just anxious to see new pinball stuffs coming out finally.

No SE is a big mistake - a lot of arcades will pass on this due to cost. Good luck finding one to play somewhere.

Lots of poor decisions by JJ on this machine. It's too bad, it actually looks decent.

#27674 1 year ago

Remember when selling at a loss was just a given?

I do but then I left the hobby for a while and came back to it in 2019 so I forgot lol

#27694 1 year ago

Mullets are always good
mullet-3 (resized).jpgmullet-3 (resized).jpg

#27704 1 year ago
Quoted from bane:

Love James Bond. However, it cannot be argued that Roger Moore is clearly the worst. The cheese and bad puns are almost unwatchable now.

That's what makes him awesome.

#27788 1 year ago
1465196115b68cace9d3960e2bbe9bae665bdf0f (resized).jpg1465196115b68cace9d3960e2bbe9bae665bdf0f (resized).jpg
#27818 1 year ago
Quoted from Rizmo:

To each their own. They dropped the ball hard with Rush.

It's a Pinside top 20 game and moving higher. I'd say you're in the minority view.

#27834 1 year ago
Quoted from Rizmo:

Its just a bad game.

If you say something like that you have to support that view and you haven't done that with any substance.

Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

Well there are a lot of people in this hobby who treat pinball like it’s investing in NFTs. Might as well make a game that REALLY caters to the flippers!

Exactly. It's introduces pinball to a whole new group. Smart!

#27846 1 year ago
Quoted from turbo2nr:

Took me 6 weeks to sell my Rush Premium for a loss of over $1k.
I think he is correct.

That would be because there is NIB supply and more coming - not because it's a bad game.

Pinball is like any other market in the world, price is all about supply and demand.

#27851 1 year ago
Quoted from aamauzy:

Yep. This June run is the last RUSH run for the rest of the year so prices are about to be as low as they're going to get on the secondary market by the end of July. I'd bet by October, NIB is reselling for above MSRP and "used" is MSRP. Especially if/when a topper comes out or when code goes 1.0.
That is, of course, unless the new cornerstone eats RUSH's lunch. The new hotness almost always eats the old hotness's lunch unless the old hotness is GZ in which case it's a runaway nuclear reactor that ain't cooling off!

I suspect the new cornerstone will also bring a new higher MSRP which will reinforce those prices.

I certainly wouldn't try and sell a Mando, Rush, AIQ, SW, JP or LZ right now. Still a shortage of GZ though in spite of the numbers being made.

#27912 1 year ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

What if crujones4life gets his wish and Stern makes a BTTF pin, but it's based solely on the Broadway musical version?

No chance Stern would do that lol

#27919 1 year ago
Quoted from Merendino:

I don't really understand why people keep positing walls of giant BTTF pics. I'd be excited to see the game announced but I'm bracing myself for disappointment.

Ya... I'm not sure it's even a legit rumor

#27938 1 year ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Never understood the secrecy around pinball releases. What would the issue be with putting out the upcoming game schedule they are working towards?

I think it would be better and more fair for pre-orders to at least announce the title of the pin ahead of time instead of having secret lists at distros of possible pins. Now it's people with inside knowledge that get on lists and get the LEs.

#27941 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Never going to happen.

Nope. Probably not.

#27943 1 year ago
Quoted from Rizmo:

Godzilla is still selling great. Rush not so much.

Source on Rush? Thought not.

#27955 1 year ago
Quoted from j_m_:

if rush isn't selling that well, why does stern keep putting it back on the line? I would think that a company like stern would have a handle on what is selling well and manage their manufacturing around that (which is what I believe that they are doing)

Gomez recently said in an interview its selling far better than expected.

#27961 1 year ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Can only comment for things around here, but Rush is the only game since Black Knight where you can get an LE way after Launch.

It was never expected to sell well overseas as Rush was more of a North American band.

#27966 1 year ago

Never heard "pommy" before but Australians I have met definitely use a lot strange slang words that aren't obvious to anyone else.

#27970 1 year ago
Quoted from Rizmo:

Its their newest game. They want to make their money. Again Rush is not really a good game. Pinside really needs to take the average of those scores rather that just the highest. If you did that Rush would be lucky to be in the top 50. The people who rate it so high are obsessed with Rush and no logic can convince them otherwise. Look at the Pro score. You are telling me a clock that just tells time and a ramp justify that score?

Haters going to hate. You seem obsessed with this topic.

#27972 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Haha. I had to look it up, too. Glad I did.
"Australians have been using the word freely since its probable emergence in the late 19th century as a nickname for English immigrants, a short form of pomegranate, referring to their ruddy complexions."

Wow.. I never would have guessed.

#27980 1 year ago
Quoted from Ecw0930:

You had me til the end.
Please come up with 100 games that are better than Led Zeppelin. Fathom? C'mon.
Honestly tho, at some point it's like asking who the best ever QB is. You can't compare 1980s to today in the same fashion. It's completely different.
Anyway, there aren't 100 games BETTER than led Zeppelin. There are 50 perhaps, but not 100.
Hater.

LZ is very underrated. Great code and shots.

Definitely better than Fathom.

#27989 1 year ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

Doesn't look like it. The game is retired.

I'm still surprised by this as I think there would be big demand.

Show is smoking hot!

As a holder of pre social-media a marketing degree I've never used I'm going to strongly disagree with this statement and fully support Stern keeping their upcoming games secret.
One thing that was drilled into our heads was "the Osborne Effect".
There was a computer company back in the early 80s that launched a computer line of high end machines called "The Osborne 1". Half way through their product cycle the CEO said something along the lines of "wait until you see what we have in store for you with The Osborne 2... Orders for the Osborne 1 cratered as everyone saved their money for the Osborne 2. Sales slumped so much, the company did not have enough money to get the Osborne 2 off the ground, and the company went out of business.
Stern does not want present sales to compete with possible future sales.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Osborne_effect

You are probably rite

#28014 1 year ago
Quoted from Padrino:

That is true, while various licenses have different limitations, one they all have is a specific amount of time, like any branding the contract has a time period, if they want to continue it they will need to pay again…

For sure.

Quoted from screaminr:

Don't know where you found that .
POM has always stood for Prisoner Of Mother England . Because we were founded by convicts .
We Shorten everything and don't bother with the E

So English people are prisoners because they haven't escaped England?

I'm confused.

#28082 1 year ago
Quoted from HeadNZ:

Bladerunner (original) would be outrageous as a pinball. Kill the replicants etc, shooter rod could be the blaster. And imagine the soundscape of that movie in the game!! Holyshit, I would be in like Flynn if that ever happened.

I'd preorder that!

#28154 1 year ago
Blade-Runner-2-16x9-1 (resized).jpgBlade-Runner-2-16x9-1 (resized).jpg
#28161 1 year ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

Please Please - Do a Stranger Things Vault - With Season 4
Make the - lighting kit part of game..
Must Have Eddies's Metallica Solo mode. Totally could knock it out of the park... Shooting orbits and collecting 'kills'
You would be printing money with a Premium Only Vault and some updated images.
I'll take one at current pricing model. Site unseen.

I wish but sadly - game and license will not be back.

#28166 1 year ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

That's what they said about AC/DC, both regular and Luci editions. Do I think it is probable? No, but given past history it is at least possible.

Anything is possible. I would likely buy one also if it came.

I am surprised how short the license was.

#28186 1 year ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

I think Stern is realizing the prices have likely topped out. The problem is with inflationary pressures, they will be tempted to raise prices again.
Pinball companies may be at a crossroads as inflation takes its toll and people pull back on large purchases, particularly those of a recreational nature like pinball machines. The coming months and releases will tell but I predict a slowdown.

Stern is a business and if their costs go up and they don't think they are temporary increases they will have to raise prices. They can't operate at a loss.

The good news is we are seeing some commodity and transport costs falling a little so hopefully they can hold the line. I have a feeling we will still see some increases soon though.

#28264 1 year ago

You know I hadn't really considered it before but a Micky The Mouse pin would be hard to resist.

Probably do well for family arcades and family home use.

#28320 1 year ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Eminem's new album cover.
[quoted image]

Saw this earlier - would be pretty cool.

Not sure I would buy but I would love to play it!

#28364 1 year ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

Did you just cite a source whose source is this very thread?? Well done!!

LOL - this is how your create reality

Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Venom with Ozzy music could be a tempter!

My thoughts exactly

Quoted from Daditude:

Venom doesn't interest me either

Same but I said the same about Godzilla and I was wrong

#28374 1 year ago
Quoted from mbl1116:

On their latest merchandising post I see the 3 most recent Stern cornerstones, and a random comic art Spider-man…dropping more hints?!?!?
Yeah I’m reaching…

Reaching for sure but I would love to buy an old Spiderman. So fun!

#28393 1 year ago
Quoted from Zartan:

One for sale on Kijiji

I know, thanks.. I'm thinking about it.

#28437 1 year ago

Was live last night. Saved on Youtube for re-play.

#28441 1 year ago
Quoted from KingVidiot:

Agreed.
Attack from Mars feels like Super Mario Bros. 1
Stranger Things feels like Mario 64.
Both are great and stand on their own as classics, but in terms of depth of gameplay, Stranger Things just has more to do and better presentation.
1. As some one who owns a totally dialed-in premium, the demigorgan shot is the most satisfying shot in all pinball. That’s been No Good Gofer’s hole-in-one honor for years, and as someone who also owns a mint HUO NGG, the demigorgan beats it by a country mile.
2. the telekinesis ball lock is the most satisfying ball lock in all of pinball. Got the new ramp cover from Stern, so like any ramp, a clean shot works almost 100% of the time. As someone who also owns a Godzilla Premium, it’s a close call in terms of super fun ball locks, but the magic of Stranger Thing’s telekinesis shot edges out Godzilla’s.
3. The projector adds such a dynamic element to the experience. Especially if you do the Darkstar 9 mod, which replaces the generic white screen material with high-end home theater material. How no one else has used this idea continues to blow my mind. It’s like the evolution of the Revenge from Mars pinball 2000 concept. It makes each mode of the game more dynamic.
4. Speaking of dynamics, the UV kit is the most jaw-dropping “holy shit” element I’ve ever seen in any pinball machine. I’ve owned mine for a year, cracked 2 billion on it, and I still never get sick of it.
5. Sound design of the drop target tones being in key with the main theme of the show is probably my favorite clever use of sound design in all of pinball.
6. The amount of episodes, wizards modes, multiballs, etc. are just outrageous in Stranger Things. It’s super easy for a newbie to get something going in demigorgan modes, but very challenging to get to the 5th one. And for an expert, the amount of stacking is just wild - get a telekinesis multiball while fighting 3 demigorgans, Demodogs, an episode, while 2x scoring is running? Adrenaline bliss! Racking up and holding on to 200 million plus in bonus will have you holding your breath and nudging with the most anxiety of any game you’ve played.
I love Attack From Mars, and its simple goofy fun vibe can’t be touched by stranger things, but in terms of an overall package, AFM can’t touch stranger things.

Would love to get a Stranger Things one day - Only played it on a couple of occasions but it was fun and I love the theme.

Had one come up about 6 hours away not long ago but just didn't have the time to go get. Someday!

#28622 1 year ago

Just a suggestion

#28768 1 year ago
Quoted from Paddy-o:

Wow, no Rush machine?

They showed a Rush machine being played in the Stern video yes.

Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

She’s not really much to show off…but neither is Mando. They should have just brought 4 Godzilla’s haha

The idea that Sterns only good game for everyone is GZ is far from reality.

1 week later
#29123 1 year ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Added a Rush pro and having a blast!
[quoted image]

Rush is a fantastic game - Enjoy!

#29225 1 year ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

I think Gomez has shot down wide bodies in the past saying that they never shoot right. He does have a point there.

Totally agree.

#29393 1 year ago
Quoted from JSC:

Stern just tweeted they have a few new items dropping today. Mando and Godzilla topper maybe?

I hope we see some accessories for Rush soon.

#29542 1 year ago

Zero interest but I know a lot of people ask for this title

Quoted from Ty-Arnold:

Beverly hills cop would be near the top of my list. Good idea.

Would LOVE this (put it next to my LW3) but I feel like it won't happen. Stern doesn't seem to make older movie themes other than Star Wars anymore.

#29637 1 year ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

IMO Stern is getting ready to knockout punch all the upstarts.
I think 2023 will see four titles (maybe 5 with a Kapow) and they will absolutely swamp everyone else.
They don't need to have a knockout every time, they just need to suck up all the cash people have to spend.
They're clearing the line of old titles so that they can do what they do best: pump out new titles. Two months of production and *BAM* onto the next title. Rinse and repeat. I think Stern doesn't want to go back and forth anymore, just forward. It's a good plan: it doesn't let anyone catchup and keeps everyone guessing when the next hammer will drop. No one will be able to get momentum since the next Stern is always right around the corner.

I kind of agree with you, I think we will see more from Stern in 2023. I also think they will pump Godzillas out there is no tomorrow.

I expect the resale market prices will come down more also as supply is catching up.

Quoted from TiltingT:

I am just wondering if Sterns new release will be as good as Godzilla .. can they have back to back home runs?.. Is Godzilla the new bar that has been set? I think so and think Zilla is gonna be hard to top

Most of the recent Sterns are in the top 25. Godzilla is special for sure but I actually enjoy playing Deadpool, Rush and Avengers more.

Doesn't have to be better to sell.

#29649 1 year ago
Quoted from TiltingT:

I enjoy those games as well. I wasn't excited about the Godzilla theme at all really but the gameplay is what put it at #1 for me

For sure. I don't know anything about Godzilla but it's fun!

Quoted from CashMoney:

Per ZMeny, who's one of the largest Stern distributors, we most likely wont hear about a new release until Tuesday, August 30th.

Ya - he thought either the second last or last Tuesday of this month

#29701 1 year ago
Quoted from freeplay3:

I see a banner "DO SIMPLE BETTER" that was probably from the going away party for Richie after that Zeppelin pin.

Zep is awesome. Any day over a GNR!

Quoted from LeMansFan:

I’m on a flight back from Asia tomorrow. If there’s like 1000 new posts in this thread by the time I land I’ll know we heard something.

You're ok - We are 2 weeks out at least.

#29704 1 year ago
Quoted from freeplay3:

It's not a bad game. I had a premium for a bit. I put in the category of wanting more from a big name title, right next to Starwars.

It certainly could have been better BUT it's truly a great flowing pin if you can make the shots and the music is perfect for pinball!

#29708 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Agreed, but Rush music IS perfect for pinball. Far Cry might be the best multiball music ever.

That's why LZ and Rush sit beside each other

20220804_195652~2 (resized).jpg20220804_195652~2 (resized).jpg

#29748 1 year ago
Quoted from musketd:

Rush is an all time epic game and borgy crushed it

Yep

Quoted from Diamond:

I put Luci between them.
[quoted image]

I'm going to get me an AC-DC one day

#29774 1 year ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Agreed. Roger has tarnished the Pink Floyd brand with his constant political preaching bullshit. Not shocking Gilmour won’t allow him to promote on the Floyd site. His current tour is an absolute shit show and boring as hell. First tour of his I’ve skipped since 99, and I have zero regrets. Telling fans to fuck off and go to the bar at the beginning of the show if you don’t fall in line with his politics was the last straw for me. Fuck Roger Waters - nothing but a has been.

I think he has a form of dementia. He should not be touring anymore, he is not well.

Sad, I was a fan of his solo work especially.

#29912 1 year ago
Quoted from Slogan1111:

If I had to bet. I would say Venom. Doesn't interest me but a decent board play could change that.

I would say high probability of Venom also.

Anything Marvel interests me so.. Who knows.

#30009 1 year ago

Re-watched Jaws last night on Prime. Hadn't seen since the 80s. That's one big shark!

#30074 1 year ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

Or it could be my Golden Girls prototype that I asked them to put in the background. Hmm

GG pin confirmed!

Quoted from Jmxdc:

I would love a new run of GHOSTBUSTERS but unfortunately that probably won’t happen. My eyes saw a flying time machine

Theme is as popular as ever!

#30118 1 year ago
Quoted from PantherCityPins:

I’m not a fan of another music pin either but I would give Foo Fighters a look. Haven’t we had enough dad rock pins already? AC/DC, Aerosmith, Led Zepplin, Queen, Metallica, Rush, Iron Maiden, Rolling Stones, Beatles…make it stop!!!
Future music pin possibilities: Snoop Dogg, Eminem, Foo Fighters, Prince, Michael Jackson, U2, Abba

Dads pay Stern's bills

Would love a U2, FF, Eminem or Prince pin though!

Quoted from Prince66cali:

Fact Check: The largest home buying demographic in the US is currently millenials.

Not big pin buyers though, not yet anyway

#30363 1 year ago
Quoted from mitchzizzle:

Cant possibly be another band pin

Nope. That's 99% not happening.

#30375 1 year ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Jaws
Back to the future
Top gun 1 or 2
A list!

I would be into any of these themes

Still think it's Venom though

#30391 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Beavis and Butthead is long overdue.[quoted image]

I'd be all over that. Callouts would be gold.

#30791 1 year ago

Stern has done a good job not spilling the beans on this game.

Still think it's Venom but I only say that because of the Seth appearance at the Stern booth.. love the anticipation. This thread will really explode next week.

#30805 1 year ago
Quoted from frankmac:

I think it is going to be Bond next.

Hope you are right

#31075 1 year ago

It will be a woman of Color.
Look at Star Trek Discovery, Staring Michael Burnam... a Woman of Color.
Hollywood is obsessed with gender swapping storylines. Look how well that went with Ghostbusters.

Star Trek or Ghostbusters don't matter but this change for Bond would be a disaster. Franchise would be finished.

Quoted from blastbeat:

Zeppelin didn't grab me but otherwise they've been solid IMO.

LZ didn't grab me at first either. Then I played and played some more. I own one now.

It's a shockingly fun game once you can hit the shots. Way better than GNR and I'm a huge GNR fan.

#31095 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I Love Led Zeppelin and I'm not a Guns N Roses fan but I think it's the better game .
It would be boring if we all thought the same .

I would like GNR better if it wasn't always time for another multiball LOL.

#31491 1 year ago
Quoted from mbl1116:

Ep 111 of Zachs podcast just dropped and he’s not feeling good about an announcement this week
I think the conversation starts around 35 min or so

He is usually pretty accurate

#31938 1 year ago

So far no teaser today - I think next weekend

#31998 1 year ago
Quoted from TiltingT:

No he had a JAWS translight that Franchi made stuck on a Mandalorian machine with a movie pic over the LCD

Was kind of funny

#32240 1 year ago
Quoted from Newbie_1:

TODAY IS THE BIG DAY.... maybe?

Next week most likely

#32261 1 year ago

I want Sean 007 but I'm happy regardless.

#32272 1 year ago

Educated Guess. Vintage Bond Only... No idea which ones but no Daniel Craig.
No Daniel Craig in this one. Like at the Copyright in the Stern Teaser then look at who owns what. Stern references DANJAQ and MGM. They own all the rights except for Casino Royale, Quantum of Solace, Skyfall and Spectre... MGM jointly owns rights to those... Also no never say never again or 1967 Casino Royal, but less concerned with those.
Here is your evidence.[quoted image][quoted image]

They also refer to "shaken" which is definitely old Bond

#32286 1 year ago
Quoted from DiabloRush:

Well, crap. Of all the rumored themes, there's only one that was going to cost me some coin. Damnit.

Ya - I was hoping for Venom so I wouldn't be interested LOL

#32330 1 year ago
Quoted from o07eleven:

I think Bond is a good theme. Should have a pretty good start up if it has that big orchestra hit and gameplay with the surf guitar riff going. Bullet shots and ricochets on slings/targets and pop bumpers. Bond villains as modes? Multiball would be loading up an Aston Marton (likely look-a-like for license purposes) truck and dump them like caltrops on the road?

So much that can be done with Bond.

#32355 1 year ago
Quoted from ZoraShinoda:

Pussy Galore Ball Lock?

That would be the ticket!

#32425 1 year ago
Quoted from Mando:

Premiums are already more than this and Rush was $11,500
If they go much higher I think you will see the first stern game in a long time not sell out . The jig is up .

Rush was $9000

#32440 1 year ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

I expected it to be bond since Zach Meny's signaling of it months back in one of the two video episodes of The Pinball Show (I don't recall which). Goes to show there are always people in the know.

I honestly don't think Zach really knew.

Bond rumor was strong this year but that's about it.

#32537 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Supposedly it’s just based off of one Bond now…says Kaneda…for whatever thats worth.

Mixing 4 movies doesn't make sense.

Do one and do it well or make up your own missions with Sean Connery theme.

#32547 1 year ago

I like Kaneda, his enthusiasm is great, and dont take anything he says as face value.
It’s pinball. It’s fun.
It is ok to be wrong about it. I enjoy the debate and the constructive criticism.
Not going to celebrate him “getting ripped” by his FB followers.
High school is over.
Life is short. Chill. Let’s not be so serious about an amusement machine/board with blinky lights.
Enjoy it. Who else brings you that enthusiasm on a weekly basis. Maybe Zack from flip qne out.
These guys are great and it is fun listening to them, dont care if they are right or wrong.
Peace!

Kaneda is great - I love people like him who stir the pot. People who say every pin is fun and shoots well or every company is doing a good job is not interesting. Lots of bad pins being made and bad business decisions out there!

#32549 1 year ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Yes you're right. Tons of bad pins like Ghostbusters, Led Zeppelin, and Rush.

If you don't like my pins that's A-ok buddy - I don't care

#32555 1 year ago
Quoted from NEW-B:

Its one thing to be critical of pinball design and gameplay and its another to be enough of an asshole to get banned from multiple forums. He adds the same amount of value as the real housewives. Some people love mindless drama.

Don't follow him in the forums, I only listen to his commentary. I definitely don't always agree with him but he often makes good points and says things others won't.

#32565 1 year ago
Quoted from Palmer:

No problem buddy. Just trying to be interesting.

See.

Quoted from moat-pin:

Uggh really hope not one film. At least TS4 had all/most of main characters. Bond villains, girls, gadgets, locations, are all part of the magic. Shame if don’t tap into at least a chunk of that

I see what you mean but TS4 a little different in terms of a series. I have more confidence in Stern doing it right than anyone else though, whatever assets they are using.

#32594 1 year ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Stern is not going to punish a distributor for honoring a preorder price, but it's a good mutually beneficial "policy" Stern has to make their distributors happy. They are free to rip off their customers blame-free. Unfortunately right now pinball is too big and there's too many customers with too few options and Stern has all the power.

Stern is all about volume. They are not going to pull a JJP monster price out of the bag.

Gary and management can see secondary market softening and they know we are going into recession. $200-300 is not unreasonable and I think that's what we get.

#32623 1 year ago
Quoted from kell:

Personally, I don’t consider any additional increase at this time reasonable considering they raised prices over 20% less than a year ago.

They did raise prices but not "over 20%". 11.3% for pro and 15.4% for premium.

#32766 1 year ago

Pics just leaked.
Games looks packed

Absolutely packed indeed. Very impressive!

#32845 1 year ago
Quoted from Bellystyle:

Kaneda just posted more Pro pics. Everything is missing except the ejector seat. Ouch!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Wow. Unlike the last pin Rush, you are really missing out on a lot here with a pro.

#32874 1 year ago
Quoted from playtwowin:Very sad to have anyone pass away. I hope we are all as fortunate to live a long life as she did. If they pulled the game because of the queen dying this is just another sign that society is getting overly sensitive. Queens funeral will be held next week Monday 9/19 so the release will be the very next day? Is that any better?

Quoted from screaminr:

It's not Society getting sensitive , it's an English title with a link to the Queen , it's a show of respect .

I'm sure Stern was a full go with launch but the family that controls the Bond license likely put the brakes on it last minute.

Apparently that company has had a lot of control over this pinball machine and the artwork.

#32917 1 year ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

Iceman nailed it. Those of us that love Connery bond are getting what we expect / want.

It's not perfect but I like enough - gameplay far more important for me.

Can't see the cabinet in a pin bank. Translight can be replaced.

#32971 1 year ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Maybe I'm in the minority, but I love the throwback Bond movie posters on the cab art. The mechs and gameplay, on the other hand, I'm not sold on...but I will wait until I play it.

Yep.. As a long time Bond fan it's not that different than I imagined it.

#33002 1 year ago

I could see getting a Pro, looks like a good shooter.

The jetpack Bond is the key for me. If it really changes the gameplay premium probably worth it.

#33191 1 year ago
Quoted from iloveplywood:

How about this: 2 years until the next Elwin that 99.9% of us will ever have a chance to play.

It's sad. Those 500 will almost all be in private homes.

#33252 1 year ago
Quoted from Billygrippo:

My distributor just confirmed that price hike refers to “all” new builds from this point on….

In stock pins - better buy them up!

#33295 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Could be worse. Canada, Japan, Australia, UK currently have terrible currency weakness compared to USD.
In Japan the US Dollar has RIDICULOUS purchasing power currently at about 144 yen to the dollar. The highest I've ever been in Japan for was about 133 in the 1990s. That was GREAT - everything on sale, and this is even higher. The worst time I was in Japan was when it was about 80 yen to the US Dollar. That SUCKED. Japan's already on the expensive side, so that made it way worse.
So, moral of the story is, US has its problems, but is weathering the back side of the pandemic storm better than most in the world. The fact that manufacturers are using the pandemic as cover for predatory price increases is ugly. Stern, and its investor/managers it seems, is not immune.

USD is spiking (almost parabolic) because Fed is being the most aggressive on rate hikes and tuff talk on inflation. It's not healthy and it hurts US competitiveness. Markets don't like it either, Fed may end up going to far to fast.

#33311 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Fed tightening has accelerated it, but MANY different countries had weak currencies relative to USD before the recent extreme fed tightening rounds.
And still no excuse for the amount of price increases in many sectors because they're paired with record profits. Greed, plain and simple, using inflation and the pandemic as a cover. Stern is not innocent in this.

US rates were tightening long before the fed moved. US came out of the pandemic faster than almost anywhere. The US has more cash sloshing around from low rates, a jacked up stock market and pandemic helicopter money than anywhere. Record sales and profits came from that. Don't blame companies, blame the fed and the government for leaving monetary and fiscal policy too lose for too long.

Fed realized this too late this now and has to tighten fast. Markets saw this long before and hence USD strengthened vs. every currency the world and continues to now.

1 week later
#33426 1 year ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Would love to see a new Terminator game , in a modern pin .
[quoted image]

No more Terminator - it's been done to death

#33429 1 year ago

it has been done poorly.

T2 was a very fun pin in the day. I don't think it was done poorly.

T3 - I would generally agree.

#33475 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

For Stern:
Simpsons treehouse of horror
Batman the animated series
Futurama
Adventure Time
Pokemon (for earnings reasons mostly)
Akira

Futurama is such a great theme and it would appeal to a slightly younger demographic too. I would think it would be a cheap license.

2 weeks later
#33691 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

So the most expensive part of the topper is the molded plastic pieces, followed by the node board to run it. Small high res LCD screen is like $5. I'd be surprised if they had more than $200 cost in these, but the molded pieces are the wildcard given the relatively low quantity of units topper runs are and the expense of mold charges. But say $200, plus a generous $200 in labor and associated costs to make it happen, and that's still a huge profit margin in these.

This is what puzzles me - they have enormous margins on toppers vs. pins. You would think the toppers would come a little faster..

Anyways - Stern has the last laugh as the topper is sold out.

3 weeks later
#33938 1 year ago
Quoted from TroyS:

How about a Beavis and Butthead pin?

I'd be in for this but it won't happen unfortunately.

#33977 1 year ago
Quoted from TroyS:

Eagles would be great but music is not fast enough. Think Crazy Train energy.

Eagles is a top 5 band for me but I agree - it's not the best pin music.

2 weeks later
#34304 1 year ago
Quoted from Prince66cali:

I dont care what stern is making, they are trashing our investments. And yes when you pay 10k for an item, its an investment.

Disagree. Cars and boats and lots of other consumer products cost more, not investments. Pandemic pricing was temporary. The price lift of the last 10 years was a one time thing.

Today - if you buy shrewdly or fix up games then yes, you can make some money. I don't think the vast majority in the hobby look at these machines as investments. If I get my money back out, I am a happy man.

#34310 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

It’s a problem of motivation...
[quoted image]

Best movie ever

#34383 1 year ago
Quoted from Merendino:If there's gonna be a Christmas themed pin you can also make arguments for National Lampoons Christmas Vacation. "Shitter's Full Multiball"
They can just re-theme Godzilla into Die Hard also.

Vacation pinball would be sooo good.

#34426 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Recent years? He sounds like he was always awful to work with.

Quoted from Merendino:

On a sad side-note it's really sucks hearing stories about how miserable it has been in recent years to work with Chevy.

Ya - The SNL stories date way back to the beginning of his career.

#34427 1 year ago

Ya - it was cool at the time but I don't even care to see the new movie

#34436 1 year ago

Just saw the Scooby Doo pinball video

WOW

That puts Stern to shame in terms of content for under $10K (Both CE and BS)!!

#34438 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

It does have a lot of stuff in it. We'll see how the code shapes up, because the quality of Stern gamecode is (generally) leaps and bounds better than what Spooky does. The stuff and layout may attract you to the game, but the quality of the gamecode is what keeps you coming back to play.
There is a reason why HWM/UM are as available and cheap as they are on the secondary market...

Ya for sure - 100% agree.

If they can get it this time though - That game looks like the bomb.

#34467 1 year ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

I just love Avatar. Great great movie and blew me away.
Soundtrack by James Horner is just amazing and no cheesy actors.
Storyline is ok, but the total is impressive at least. In 3D even more.
Visuals are great, Zoe Saldana at her best.
You can say whatever you want, the movie stands out for so many reasons.
Seems people have difficulties accepting the fact that it's the best earning movie. Maybe a lot have watched the movie, but have not seen it.

The movie blew my mind when it came out in the theater. I watched it again a couple of years ago and it just didn't age well. I think it was more the visuals and effects than the story or characters that I liked.

It's still ok but it's no Star Wars franchise.

#34548 1 year ago
Quoted from OutlawTorn304:

Just talked to a guy in my local league that has heard from rumor mill that the January game is going to be themed from the Netflix series Wednesday. Would definitely be a hot seller I think, the show is shaping up to surpass Stranger Things in popularity

Kind of an Adams Family II pin.

I agree - it could work very well. A TV show/movie pin is long overdue.

1 week later
#34711 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

Folks mentioning band pins, but with how poorly Rush and LZ seem to have done do they really want to risk it? As for why those two seem to just sit around in stock and unsold at distros while Maiden keeps selling out each time without problem?

Few Rush pros may still be around but it pretty much sold out.

Top 15 game. Fantastic game.

What are you talking about?

#34713 1 year ago
Quoted from Duster72:

Rush is a good game that doesn't have mainstream appeal. LZ feels like an empty box. People are buying IM for the great game, not the theme.

Rush will be like IM going forward - will keep pulling in players over Rush fans

1 week later
#34869 1 year ago
Quoted from acakoning:

Today is the release of the new James Bond Super LE pin right? Will someone with all access please publish a picture in this treat?

https://www.knapparcade.org/post/stern-pinball-officially-reveals-keith-elwin-designed-james-bond-60th-anniversary-limited-edition

#34905 1 year ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Ghostbusters: high value aftermarket + cheap easy license + flipper gap fix = printing money (even more cash if they do a DMD to LCD conversion)

Seems unlikely given the circumstances around Trudeau.

#34924 1 year ago
Quoted from doublestack:

Hollywood really has given up.

They really have. I never go to the movies because there is nothing to see.

2 weeks later
#35286 1 year ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

Venom
Foo fighters
Jaws
Indiana jones

Was that the word from Kaneda?

#35306 1 year ago
Quoted from westofrome:

Would love Stern to do a lighter/fun theme, but seems like it's not in the cards.

I agree - unfortunately we don't see many new hit comedies or funny cartoon series anymore.

Sad world we live in where everyone is offended by everything.

#35319 1 year ago
Quoted from Grantman:

If they can make Big Juicy Melons, they can make a lot of other themes.

Sadly that was another time.

You can't do anything in 2023. It's really F'd up.

1 week later
#35459 1 year ago
Quoted from dboeren:

I love Godzilla but not really any of the other Elwin pins. I’m going to give JP another chance, I think the one I played before may not have been set up well.

Quoted from gandamack:

Don't like Maiden? Really?

Iron Maiden is really good. I have a JP and I like enough but it's not nearly as good as GZ. GZ is another level, definitely a special game.

Quoted from Rizmo:

I can see why so many people like Rush. I do not like the game at all. I think that’s pretty weird about Borg games. There seems to be no in between you either love it or hate it

Not everyone likes the same games, that's just pinball or anything else. I know a couple of guys that don't like GZ that much. :-O

#35474 1 year ago

So what is the next Stern?
Any rumours?
Foo fighters? Jaws?

Best more common rumor is Venom is next

#35484 1 year ago
Quoted from Ty-Arnold:

They have said Venom next for the past 3 games. I'm starting to not believe in Venom.

Yup but this time.... It's true.

#35549 1 year ago
Quoted from Jaytech10:

Several distros have bond LEs still. Either the price is too on not a popular theme.

I think a lot of people backed away from Bond because of the lack of code.

I cancelled my Bond for that reason and got a JP for now. I will probably get a Bond but development is super slow and I wanted a more complete game.

#35580 1 year ago

Especially after recent facility expansions. Pinflation has peaked. They have no choice. Buyers market incoming. See you on the other side, fellas.

I agree it's peaked just like most asset prices.

That said I'm not seeing massive deflation and I don't know if we will. Little bit but I can't see any big drop anytime soon.

#35626 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Happy Friday everyone
or should I say
Happy Foo Fighters Friday(yes it's official) [quoted image][quoted image]

I am definitely a FF fan but I'm still not sure about FF Pinball. Just doesn't seem to fit quite right.

We shall see - I hope I am pleasantly blown away!!

#35662 1 year ago
Quoted from Rizmo:

It would be like Rush. 95% of Rush sales im sure are in Canada.

Rush was massive in the US.

Canada is a tiny country. If 95% of sales were in Canada Stern would never have made it. I'd be shocked if even 10% of sales were Canada.

Quoted from Roostking:

Ok Van Halen more than ever!! Thanks for that!!!

VH would be a Day 1 purchase for me.

#35665 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Then...
What's behind the rumored no production till 2024?
Did it run it's course after a year? did node 10 create a tailspin crash? Why not keep making pros? Did gz suck up the production lines? What are the numbers for Rush production?
So many questions..

No one knows but best guess is Node 10 issue isn't resolved. Of course there are gaps in the schedule so it can be added still for 2023.

Stern GZ is definitely on the line a lot this year though!

Quoted from westofrome:

Rush is a polarizing and fairly marginal theme, especially outside NA. Borg designs are not the most beloved. Not too complicated.

All music pins are polarizing and if you like longer playing games you probably don't love Borg games.

#35670 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Yep I'm pretty happy with my play times on Rush, especially when I'm in the zone, after 30 plus minutes without stopping I'm ready for a break but I really like being able to fly through time and crank it out to Rush songs that long because the music is so good with pinball.
Those are usually 400m-600m (my GC 598m) range games right now for me. The billionaires have to be playing closer to or over an hour per game. Phew!
I can play half the time on guns n' roses and be twice as tired from my depleted adrenaline. My 66m applause jackpot on 'out ta get me' still gives me PTSD.

Rush is a tuff game for me. Shortest games of all my machines. It's fast. I still love it and as they say - "just got to get better".

I'm happy with my current lineup and I have no more room. I don't think either Venom or FF will tempt me but ya never know!

#35702 1 year ago
Quoted from Vespula:

Would you rather have Elton John?

FF for sure. Elton John I just don't get.

Quoted from Pinplayer1967:

Bands that should get a pinball machine before Foo Fighters
Ozzy/Black Sabbath
Van Halen
Motley Crue

Yes yes yes

#35722 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

Well you got American Pinball out there doing mostly original ideas still

Terrible themes that don't sell. Galactic Tank Force around the corner!

Spooky got Scooby Doo which is a much better idea.

#35729 1 year ago
Quoted from dboeren:

I'm excited to see Galactic Tank Force. Yes, it's not as good a theme as Scooby (what is?) but I expect a Nordman design to play very well and American has a reputation for quality built machines. Anyway, I'm hoping they will reveal it at by the end of next month at Texas Pinball.

I agree- from what I have seen good quality machines. Sadly games and themes are mostly lacking excitement.

I really want Tank Force to be awesome though, hoping for sure!

#35766 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

That’s just silly. I guess I’ll have to watch it. At one point my father had 3 Fieros and was in an owners club. We’ve been to shows all over and still own an ‘87 GT. I drove it in the summers between HS and College. Fun car with good torque. Quick and nimble but not a lot of 1/4 mile speed. Unless you drop a northstar V8 into it
[quoted image]

I had an 84 Fiero in high school. Iron Duke powered baby!

#35796 1 year ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

..what you all really want is a Fiero Pinball with Hall & Oates music..!
[quoted image]

I loved my Fiero!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 175.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 10.50
Playfield - Protection
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Wanted
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
JAWS (PREMIUM) Pre-order!
The Pinball Place

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 16.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 125.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
PINBALLPICKERS

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

$ 21.50
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

386 posts in this topic match your search for posts by kool1. You are on page 1 of 2.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kool1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine?tu=kool1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.