Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,175 posts
  • 859 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 40 hours ago by big-c66
  • Topic is favorited by 532 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

glasses.gif
    nedry.gif
    snaps.gif
    Screenshot_20240318_201633_Chrome (resized).jpg
    IMG_8074 (resized).jpeg
    download (resized).jpeg
    7136153e-4781-4514-8f75-26077beb0e35-1655665323130 (resized).jpg
    designer-delays (resized).png
    image000000 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1455.gif
    Skinner (resized).png
    26CDA9FF-5625-4BC0-AECC-1FF8C139FBFB (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_5780 (resized).png
    bobbymcgeestub.png
    JT.gif
    There are 8,175 posts in this topic. You are on page 106 of 164.
    #5251 1 year ago
    Quoted from dboeren:

So presumably in 2 weeks we'll find out what the new March release is when it goes on the line? Or do they typically reveal it a bit ahead of time?

Yea it's weird that they haven't announced a new pin yet when it's going to go into production in 2 weeks apparently?

#5252 1 year ago
    Quoted from Elephanthead:

Not to be all nerdy but you 100% still owe the sales tax on out of state purchases. I have done my ethical duty to inform. Carry on discussion of fraud.

there is always one!

#5253 1 year ago
    Quoted from gandamack:

Why not call this distro in Wyoming who just posted here? He said he will get you a Feb 23 machine.

i wasn't looking for one.

#5254 1 year ago
    Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

i wasn't looking for one.

Fair enough

#5255 1 year ago
    Quoted from gandamack:

They have not shipped yet.

Distro called. My 'Zilla Prem left Stern yesterday and should then hit the distro's front door by Monday then turn around and be shipped over to me by late next week. Really pumped!
    For others gauging a timeline: ordered three weeks ago, so all in all it will be about six weeks.

#5256 1 year ago

Doesn't Stern have two lines? Couldn't it be feasible that one line is completely dedicated for February to Godzilla and the other line is James Bond 60 and Elvira?

#5257 1 year ago
    Quoted from ZoraShinoda:

Doesn't Stern have two lines? Couldn't it be feasible that one line is completely dedicated for February to Godzilla and the other line is James Bond 60 and Elvira?

They do have two lines..... but when is the last time you heard about them building two different games at once?
    I think they purely use them both for added capacity. They do what...... 500+ machines a week using both lines? Seems like they are happy having all 500 units being one title. Makes sense too.... they probably buy parts in lots of 500 (or whatever). They want to get all that crap out of inventory as fast as possible.

#5258 1 year ago

Any news on a Jurassic Park Premium run ? I contacted my dealer,but they gave me the deaf ear.

#5259 1 year ago
    Quoted from ralphs007:

Any news on a Jurassic Park Premium run ? I contacted my dealer,but they gave me the deaf ear.

Sounds like it's time to find a new dealer.

This was posted a while back (all of this is subject to change as Stern often does):

Feb 2023 - Godzilla Premium
    Feb 2023 - Elvira Premium
    Mar 2023 - Rumored Foo Fighters (or whatever)
    Apr 2023 - Bond Pro & Premium
    Apr 2023 - FF Premium
    May 2023 - Iron Maiden Pro & Premium
    Jun 2023 - Godzilla Pro & Premium
    Jun 2023 - JP Premium
    July 2023 - AIQ Pro & Premium
    July 2023 - Rumored Indy Vault???
    Aug 2023 - Star Wars Pro & Premium
    Sep 2023 - Rumored Venom
    Oct 2023 - JP Pro
    Nov 2023 - Godzilla Premium
    Nov 2023 - Mandalorian Pro & Premium
    Dec 2023 - Deadpool Pro & Premium
    Dec 2023 - Bond Pro

#5260 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

Sounds like it's time to find a new dealer.
    This was posted a while back (all of this is subject to change as Stern often does):
    Feb 2023 - Godzilla Premium
    Feb 2023 - Elvira Premium
    Mar 2023 - Rumored Foo Fighters (or whatever)
    Apr 2023 - Bond Pro & Premium
    Apr 2023 - FF Premium
    May 2023 - Iron Maiden Pro & Premium
    Jun 2023 - Godzilla Pro & Premium
    Jun 2023 - JP Premium
    July 2023 - AIQ Pro & Premium
    July 2023 - Rumored Indy Vault???
    Aug 2023 - Star Wars Pro & Premium
    Sep 2023 - Rumored Venom
    Oct 2023 - JP Pro
    Nov 2023 - Godzilla Premium
    Nov 2023 - Mandalorian Pro & Premium
    Dec 2023 - Deadpool Pro & Premium
    Dec 2023 - Bond Pro

Now you tell me,they had My deposit for 16 months.

#5261 1 year ago
    Quoted from ralphs007:

Now you tell me,they had My deposit for 16 months.

If the price they'll charge changed since you made your deposit (likely) that's a material change of contract and they have to give you a refund if you don't agree to the new price.

#5262 1 year ago
    Quoted from ralphs007:

Now you tell me,

PinMonk told you, now get you deposit back and find a distributor and cut ties with the dealer.

#5263 1 year ago
    Quoted from Crumbalimb:

A dealer told me Stern is still going to make Munsters and fill the unfilled orders. I doubt Stern will, but I have called them 3 times and they still say Stern will fill the orders they have in with them. It's sad to think they might be jacking my chain and keeping my deposit knowing it won't happen, but if it does it would be nice to see a NIB Munsters head my way. In the meantime, my deposit sits in their bank hopefully making them money so at least it not going to waste and just sitting in limbo. Just for the record, I don't want to say who the dealer is but they have been around a long time and are a reputable dealer.

Get your money back time now.
    1A9A6B71-0C4B-4176-9658-9428DB784DB1.jpeg1A9A6B71-0C4B-4176-9658-9428DB784DB1.jpeg

#5264 1 year ago

Rumored Indy vault?!? They never fixed the original

#5265 1 year ago
    Quoted from tilt-master:

Rumored Indy vault?!? They never fixed the original

Yeah, they never finished the original to add the namesake Crystal Skull wizard mode, let alone polish the rest of the game. But it was in the "Stern's almost outta business" period, so I get it. But why bring it back? I've never heard anyone praising it.

#5266 1 year ago

Stern with the bday shoutout for Millie Bobby Brown today on social media. They made a reference to not seeing Eleven again until 2024, which is obviously a reference to the final season of the show.. but i feel like you can pretty much lock in a Stranger Things re-release next year

#5267 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

But why bring it back? I've never heard anyone praising it.

Because there's a new movie coming out, so it might attract enough interest from operators to put on location for casuals, who don't care if it's a one-shot game or a wizard mode is missing. But I'd doubt it's really worth Stern's time as compared to using their capacity on Godzilla and Elvira. Stern might have come to the same conclusion about the rumored Avatar vault, particularly after that new movie came and went from theaters without being much of a big deal.

#5268 1 year ago
    Quoted from Elephanthead:

Not to be all nerdy but you 100% still owe the sales tax on out of state purchases. I have done my ethical duty to inform. Carry on discussion of fraud.

I drove 28 in a 25 zone today. I will mail my fine in.

#5269 1 year ago

Has a Tron or a Transformers vault been completely ruled out that also have new movies coming out this year? I think that a Tron vault/retheme/whatever would make more sense seeing that the demand is there for a halfway decent game as compared to the other two. I could see Transformers being done slightly differently as well to make it more appealing/fun. I believe Zack said there would be some minor changes to the layout, if they used the old school animated art I think that would appeal to a lot of buyers as well. Personally I would like a Beast Wars art package on one of the trim levels of the pin to go with the movie but that will probably never happen. Another Indiana Jones pin just doesn't make as much sense to me as doing a second pin for Tron or Transformers, then again I guess there are like five Star Wars and Star Trek pins so I guess it could happen.

#5270 1 year ago
    Quoted from vikingerik:

Because there's a new movie coming out, so it might attract enough interest from operators to put on location for casuals, who don't care if it's a one-shot game or a wizard mode is missing. But I'd doubt it's really worth Stern's time as compared to using their capacity on Godzilla and Elvira. Stern might have come to the same conclusion about the rumored Avatar vault, particularly after that new movie came and went from theaters without being much of a big deal.

Avatar 2 is the 3rd highest grossing movie of all time globally with $2.24 billion so far. It's breathing down Avengers:Endgame's neck for the #2 of all time. That's a pretty big deal.

But if Stern left the original Avatar and Indy:Crystal Skull in the vault, I would understand. Both are mediocre designs with mediocre software.

#5271 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

Yeah, they never finished the original to add the namesake Crystal Skull wizard mode, let alone polish the rest of the game. But it was in the "Stern's almost outta business" period, so I get it. But why bring it back? I've never heard anyone praising it.

Stern sees people paying 15K for the WMS Indy, think they'd pay 9K for a Vault Indy? Not many Stern Indys got made so easy sale to ppl looking for the duo. I know I don't want one.

#5272 1 year ago
    Quoted from metallik:

Stern sees people paying 15K for the WMS Indy, think they'd pay 9K for a Vault Indy? Not many Stern Indys got made so easy sale to ppl looking for the duo. I know I don't want one.

I don't think that tracks. That's like saying people want to buy a Spinal Tap to complete their lineup of music pins. Nope.

All that said, *maybe* they could put Rick Naegele or Tanio on it and have a software miracle that makes the boring "shoot the ramp" design awesome, but I don't think that's happening.

#5273 1 year ago
    Quoted from metallik:

People pay for the original Indy because it's a better game.

#5274 1 year ago

Stern Indy is a fun game, disappointing it never received that final polish. I believe there are some targets that don’t do anything

#5275 1 year ago

Other than the Arc toy, Stern Indy doesn't have much to offer. I used to play it at a local theater and for a period of time, it was a relatively cheap game given the status of its incomplete code and so-so (IMO) playfield fan layout. If it were not for the theme, it would be a very forgettable machine. Much like the 4th movie, I consider it disappointing and unfulfilling. I can only hope that Stern would not bother pulling this game out of the vault unless it involves a total overhaul.

#5276 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

New movie and perhaps they still have license for the game. If they didn't have to pay extra or renew the license, they might be trying to shoot out a few more units for a quick buck along with the new movie release

#5277 1 year ago
    Quoted from PanzerKraken:

New movie and perhaps they still have license for the game. If they didn't have to pay extra or renew the license, they might be trying to shoot out a few more units for a quick buck along with the new movie release

Do people really get hyped up for a new movie and go out and find the pinball machine to play or buy because of it anymore? I could see that back in the 80s/90s when there were just a couple huge movies every year and everyone was hyped. These days there's hundreds of movies a month, infinitely more entertainment choices (streaming shows/movies, music, video games, books) being released - I feel like the business model has to encapsulate the theme as a whole. I mean, the kids I have and their friends don't even care about toy tie-ins with entertainment anymore because they just 'click' to the next thing when it's done. Not sure where I'm going with this, just kind of a thought I had after seeing the new Ant Man movie yesterday - it's just another Mavel movie. One of a half a dozen that will be released this year, zero desire to 'expand' my interaction with the movie by getting the soundtrack, or playing the video game, or whatever. It could just be me =)

#5278 1 year ago

A lot of other pins that would be better to remake starting with GB, Got, Tron, SM etc.

#5279 1 year ago
    Quoted from rai:

A lot of other pins that would be better to remake starting with GB, Got, Tron, SM etc.

Agree with GB and Tron, but I would want to see them on Spike with LCDs instead of DMDs.

Secondary market value would probably disqualify GoT and SM?

#5280 1 year ago
    Quoted from dboeren:

People pay for the original Indy because it's a better game.

I agree, I'm not saying the idea is sound, but if Stern does indeed vault IJ4 I'd imagine the price of the original factored into their decision.

#5281 1 year ago
    Quoted from Damonator:

Agree with GB and Tron, but I would want to see them on Spike with LCDs instead of DMDs

Would also like to see MET added to that list.

#5282 1 year ago

Nobody got a call about their GZ today I guess, or Indy IV wouldn't be the topic de jour.

#5283 1 year ago
    Quoted from desertT1:

Nobody got a call about their GZ today I guess, or Indy IV wouldn't be the topic de jour.

Got a call from FedEx today to expect my Godzilla premium on Wednesday!

#5284 1 year ago
    Quoted from desertT1:

Got an email to pay my invoice in full for my GZ. So, coming soon!

#5285 1 year ago
    Quoted from tilt-master:

Stern Indy is a fun game, disappointing it never received that final polish. I believe there are some targets that don’t do anything

I bought IJ4 NIB to put next to my WMS Indy. I figured it should be a good game based on how good WMS Indy was and how good the movie franchise was.
    Boy, I was wrong. Not only did they butcher the 4th movie but they destroyed Sterns IJ4 which seems only fitting. I've still got my WMS Indy but I sent IJ4 packing a looooong, looooooong time ago.

Why doesn't Stern vault a game that is good and people really want like Metallica?

QSS

#5286 1 year ago
    Quoted from vikeking27:

Do people really get hyped up for a new movie and go out and find the pinball machine to play or buy because of it anymore?

The $14k Stranger Things Premiums would like a word…

#5287 1 year ago
    Quoted from mbl1116:

The $14k Stranger Things Premiums would like a word…

I was under the impression that happened because Stern retired the Premium pretty rapidly due to poor sales, issues, and reception. I remember them having an extensive shelf life NIB for a while in 2020. Hell, Amazon sellers even had them on discount with free freight. Some solid code updates, the newfound scarcity, and word of mouth changed that. Season 4 might have something to do with it too like you’re suggesting.

#5288 1 year ago

So what's on the line right now?

Last week was 60th...... "big push" GZ week or EHOH sneaks onto the line?

Com'on Tilt, you wander around unopposed over there
    Just tell 'em you're there to pick up the 41st anniversary edition and casually stroll onto the floor to inspect them.
    If that fails, just tell them you paid the $40 for ALL ACCESS

#5289 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinStalker:

So what's on the line right now?
    Last week was 60th...... "big push" GZ week or EHOH sneaks onto the line?

I think it’s going to be Elvira this week. I’ll bet that if they had the parts for GZ they would have ran it two weeks at the beginning of the month rather than changing the line over to bond 60th last week. Just a guess.

#5290 1 year ago

Waiting on a GZ Premium order. Can anyone help clarify the GZ production situation?

#5291 1 year ago
    Quoted from desertT1:

Quoted from vgatchaman:

Got a call from FedEx today to expect my Godzilla premium on Wednesday!

Quoted from uccash:

Got an email to pay my invoice in full for my GZ. So, coming soon!

Paid for my GZ today. Distro has it and will ship today.

#5292 1 year ago

Congrats. Based on another post, it didn't sound like the full GZ build occurred as originally intended. Glad some are getting their game. Any additional insight on the overall build would be great to hear if anyone knows. Thanks!

#5293 1 year ago
    Quoted from tbanthony:

Congrats. Based on another post, it didn't sound like the full GZ build occurred as originally intended.

I asked Gary nicely for mine.

#5294 1 year ago

Talked to my distro today and it's on the way from Chicago and should have it by Friday I am guessing, maybe sooner.

#5295 1 year ago
    Quoted from SonOfaDiddly:

you're coo coo bananas if you read that as 'the game doesn't include film assets'. 'the screen where you learn assignments' literally doesn't specify anything. it could mean anything and everything, by design. it's called marketing. 'learn assignments' has about as much meaning as 'survive tactical precision shots against drop targets'
    your blind rage at the price may be impacting your judgement. the most expensive game and license Stern has ever been associated with won't include movie assets? consider how ridiculous that is on the face of itself

Have people accepted that there is no video in the Bond 60th anniversary game?

1 (resized).png1 (resized).png10 (resized).png10 (resized).png11 (resized).png11 (resized).png12 (resized).png12 (resized).png3 (resized).png3 (resized).png4 (resized).png4 (resized).png
    #5296 1 year ago
    Quoted from Grantman:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Is it just me or does the playfield screen look crooked?

#5297 1 year ago

Gomez just confirmed Elvira is on the line

#5298 1 year ago
    Quoted from Grantman:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

This game is better without video. If you want video assets get the Gomez Bond.

#5299 1 year ago
    Quoted from Vitty:

Finally!

#5300 1 year ago
    Quoted from Vitty:

It’s happening!!!

There are 8,175 posts in this topic. You are on page 106 of 164.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-on-the-line-at-stern-pinball-delays/page/106?hl=drewbo81 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.