Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,162 posts
  • 858 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 28 minutes ago by Blenderhead
  • Topic is favorited by 532 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

glasses.gif
    nedry.gif
    snaps.gif
    Screenshot_20240318_201633_Chrome (resized).jpg
    IMG_8074 (resized).jpeg
    download (resized).jpeg
    7136153e-4781-4514-8f75-26077beb0e35-1655665323130 (resized).jpg
    designer-delays (resized).png
    image000000 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1455.gif
    Skinner (resized).png
    26CDA9FF-5625-4BC0-AECC-1FF8C139FBFB (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_5780 (resized).png
    bobbymcgeestub.png
    JT.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dboeren.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4356 1 year ago

A new vault is interesting, Stranger Things makes sense to me due to how much in demand they are but so do some of the other options. Just have to wait and see, and same thing with the new cornerstone. Maybe it's Venom, maybe not. And even if we do guess the theme the more important thing is seeing what the playfield looks like and whatever other information they will reveal.

#4383 1 year ago
    Quoted from Grantman:

The early reviews of STh were not good. By the time the code was mature and people were saying it was good, it was out of production. I'd like to get a premium but the prices went up 50%+ in 2 years which is nuts. If they are selling on the secondary market for around $12k, then Stern could certainly sell more at the current NIB premium price.

This is my impression too. Early version had poor code which led to bad early reviews and not enough preorders. By the time the game got really good and people wanted them, only a small run was made which is why the prices are so high. With the show still going I feel like it would be easy for Stern to do another run of these and sell them out. There was also some backlash over UV not being included. So make a vault edition, make UV standard, maybe tweak the Premium TK ball lock a bit, and you're in the money.

Maybe people are right and a vault is unlikely but I feel Stranger Things would be a great candidate for it considering the demand for them. If 2nd hand Premiums are routinely going for 12.5k I'm sure Stern would like a piece of that action.

#4451 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

Those two are in the lower-value tier of SAM machines on the used market. If Stern is looking at "top dollar" SAM machines, it'd be:
    Walking Dead (hopefully vaulted with a Star Wars-like comic overlay on cab and PF, which would be less ugly and allow it to print money)

This would be awesome if it happened, the art could be improved a lot and a better sculpted Well Walker too.

2 weeks later
    #4655 1 year ago

So based on history - if they announce the new cornerstone at Texas Pinball in March, when would the first ones be rolling off the line for delivery?

#4661 1 year ago

I'm currently looking for my NEXT pin, not the one after that, so I guess the Stern announcement in March may not be immediately relevant after all.

1 week later
    #4690 1 year ago
    Quoted from Paseb:

anyone played Elvira?
    how do you compare to GZ ?
    id be interrested in getting a 2nd pin but would like to have something that feels different from GZ which i really like.
    im not a music fan. so no rush, maiden etc ,etc

I really like Elvira, it’s a very smooth layout and quite different from Godzilla. I’ve thought about buying one but they’re a bit pricy and I’m only so-so on the theme. Not that I don’t like Elvira, but I prefer Scared Stiff for being a little more edgy. Try to find one to play if you can, I think you’ll like it.

#4705 1 year ago
    Quoted from Paseb:

anyone played Elvira?
    how do you compare to GZ ?
    id be interrested in getting a 2nd pin but would like to have something that feels different from GZ which i really like.
    im not a music fan. so no rush, maiden etc ,etc

I have a Godzilla Premium and have played Elvira only a few times but I really liked it. It shoots very smooth, but is a more conventional layout than Godzilla. It stayed on my short list for quite a while until I finally decided that at the price I'd rather look for two Pro costed machines and that I didn't really like the theme enough. It's not necessarily Elvira that I didn't like, it just didn't seem like the callouts and video were quite want I wanted - I actually like Scared Stiff more in that respect. The new game doesn't seem tongue-in-cheek enough or something.

I'm in the same boat as you that I don't like the rock band pins which seem to be a high percentage of new releases these days, but there are a lot of older Sterns to look at. I'm considering getting a Turtles Pro if the right machine shows up at a good price. Also take a look at some of the Bally/Williams games from 1993-1998, there are a lot of really good machines from that time and they'll all be very different from Godzilla.

#4715 1 year ago

I thought Star Wars wasn’t that big a hit, guess I was mistaken.

#4746 1 year ago

Higher new prices just drive me towards HUO pins instead. So they’re getting less profit out of guys like me that might otherwise bought an Elvira, etc…

#4753 1 year ago

Making more vaults of popular older titles sounds good to me, as long as the prices aren’t raised.

But then you get people complaining their games are “devalued”…

3 weeks later
    #4808 1 year ago

I'm just hoping they do another run of Stranger Things Premium as Gomez hinted at - preferably with an updated TK lock mechanism and the UV playfield pre-installed. Also I'm not sure when such a thing might be able to fit into the production schedule if it DID happen.

#4874 1 year ago
    Quoted from rai:

I was thinking, if Stern ever gets extra capacity back they could seriously sell a good few of remakes like one remake every year such as SM, ST, GB, Tron Stranger Things, etc.

An updated TRON and Stranger Things are both on my wishlist.

#4922 1 year ago
    Quoted from JustEverett:

Distros are stuck in the middle with stern taking so long to get games built, they take deposits and then stern increases the price at least once sometimes multiple times before they build a game. It's a shitty situation.

This is one reason why I don't want to order any new games from Stern. It takes forever, the cost goes up, can't get parts if you need them, the initial code will be trash (possibly for a long time), and you don't have any opportunity to try the machine out or read/watch good reviews about it before deciding to buy. Even if a reviewer has an early access machine or you can play it at a pinball show it will still be the crappy incomplete code so it's not going to be a valid impression of the final product.

I wish somehow enough people would refuse to buy with this model so that Stern would have to change their ways.

#4976 1 year ago

Thanks for the updated schedule.

#5007 1 year ago
    Quoted from ggg71:

How about a Martian pin? (Based on the Movie). That would work well for pinball I think.

Shoot "Collect Your Own Feces" 4 times to light "Grow Potatoes Multiball"! Not sure on that one... It was a cool movie, but I'm not sure the pace is right.

#5026 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

Dennis Nordman-designed, so I'm very interested in it, as well.

Same here, I’m hoping they will be revealing it at Texas Pinball coming up.

For anime, I’m glad I’m not the only one old enough to remember Vampire Hunter but I don’t think enough people do to make it viable. They’d probably have to make it Dragonball Z or something. I’m more of a Patlabor guy myself.

1 week later
    #5246 1 year ago

So presumably in 2 weeks we'll find out what the new March release is when it goes on the line? Or do they typically reveal it a bit ahead of time?

#5273 1 year ago
    Quoted from metallik:

Stern sees people paying 15K for the WMS Indy, think they'd pay 9K for a Vault Indy? Not many Stern Indys got made so easy sale to ppl looking for the duo. I know I don't want one.

People pay for the original Indy because it's a better game.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dboeren.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-on-the-line-at-stern-pinball-delays?tu=dboeren and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.