Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,172 posts
  • 859 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 hours ago by EspoPinball
  • Topic is favorited by 532 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

glasses.gif
    nedry.gif
    snaps.gif
    Screenshot_20240318_201633_Chrome (resized).jpg
    IMG_8074 (resized).jpeg
    download (resized).jpeg
    7136153e-4781-4514-8f75-26077beb0e35-1655665323130 (resized).jpg
    designer-delays (resized).png
    image000000 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1455.gif
    Skinner (resized).png
    26CDA9FF-5625-4BC0-AECC-1FF8C139FBFB (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_5780 (resized).png
    bobbymcgeestub.png
    JT.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider desertt1.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1581 2 years ago

Stern is very active on social media. It would be really nice if they did a “happy Monday, here’s what’s getting made today.” Sort of quick pic/video on mondays. It’s pretty easy to do now that clips/stories are a big part of FB/IG and even YT.

2 weeks later
    #1926 2 years ago
    Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

So I have to ask, why is COINTAKER having so many problems delivering Godzilla machines?

When did you order? I called before ordering and was told if I ordered them I wouldn’t get a GZ premium until August. This was fine with me as it gave me time to shuffle things around and hopefully get rid of a few games since I already had too many. I ordered on December 7th.

2 weeks later
    #2209 1 year ago
    Quoted from ianwho:

Early October with JJ at game exchange. Shipping company says 3 days!!

Wow, so it’s not just CT that has a healthy reservation list. Congrats, from a NOV waitlister.

2 weeks later
    #2432 1 year ago
    Quoted from qbass187:

What show exactly? When you search TPN & pinball a few different shows pop up

The Pinball Show.

Episode 100 is coming up and Zach wanted to get Gary Stern on. I wouldn’t delay anything if you have a Gary interview and you are waiting for JJP to announce. After two years, JJP news can wait for 101 or 143 or whenever.

2 weeks later
    #2760 1 year ago
    Quoted from amhpensfan:

I ordered Nov 5th. There was no indication. i emailed him and he told me mid next year, or later. So if it delivers between now and 5years from now i guess he was right. And yes I did see preorders are refundable. So do you suggest I would get a game faster if I get out of the line I got in on Nov 5th and purchased from someone else? My confusion comes when I see people who ordered a few months ago with delivery of the same exact game. Maybe the system is broken. It is what it is. If i did not love this game i would bail. I rank it 2nd to MM personally.

The well known distros have a backlog. Some of the smaller ones might have earlier availability, maybe. No distro is getting every game they order, so I’d expect a wait for certain titles no matter where you go. Pros and cons to large or small distros.

This is not a normal scenario. Stern has a backlog and has since IL was shut down for 2-3 months early on in covid. They haven’t caught up from that but then they have put out a few high demand games since then, plus some high demand titles still in production designed pre-covid. Normally, if you order a stern you can find one in stock and it will be on the way to you in days, or on the line and drop shipped. Hopefully they will be able to catch up to the point that the waits are 1-2 months at worst. A manufacturer would love to know they have some backlog, but it varies by industry. My employer has never had less than a 12 month backlog but never longer than 24 months. That timeline is agreeable to us and our customer base. That range doesn’t go over quite so well in pinball.

#2825 1 year ago

Did anyone watch the video?

They are country specific groups, and when you ship to another country you want to fill up as much of a container as you can.

1 week later
    #2995 1 year ago
    Quoted from Cobray:

People talking about availability of GZ's- for the record, I could have had a Pro months ago at MSRP.. it's the Premium that is tough to get.
    Maybe someone can answer this question- I've had a GZ Premium on order for almost 9 months with a large distributor... should they be able to tell me now whether my game is coming in July? IE, do they have an allocation number of how many they are getting in the next batch and they can look at the wait list and determine that my order is scheduled to be filled?

I called my distro on Friday and they said they don’t have info yet for the next run as far as how many they are getting.

2 weeks later
    #3186 1 year ago

This GZ premium run was what I was estimated to be as my run when I ordered last December. I feel like pinball time is going to feel very slow this month. Trying not to get to excited, but I am.

#3190 1 year ago

Friday’s factory pic will be exciting. Looking forward to that for sure.

#3220 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mrg50:

Which distributor?

And how? Those shouldn’t be on the line til the 4th week of this month.

#3223 1 year ago
    Quoted from Sorokyl:

Says who? Stern is not bound to follow their schedule they send out...the June run wasn't even on the schedule. I'm sure they are constantly calling audibles based on what parts they have. Im also sure they leave some slack in the schedule because units per day are variable, especially when having labor issues.

They can obviously do whatever they want. Guess we will have to see who else gets asked to pay for something this week and see what it is.

1 week later
    #3264 1 year ago

Anyone getting calls for either GZ model this week?

#3271 1 year ago
    Quoted from Vitty:

Finally paid in full for my day 1 cointaker Godzilla premium a few days ago.

What date was that even? Not super thrilled about my December 6th (7th?) order.

#3311 1 year ago
    Quoted from BMC-Omaha:

I paid for my Godzilla Premium last week, October 2021 order through Cointaker, don't have exact date of order in front of me now. Said going to be back on the line last week of July, so assuming being made now, who knows....

Thanks. Fingers crossed for all us Cointaker buyers to get some good news this week.

#3368 1 year ago

Starting to look like I need to be on the lookout for the next GZ premium run.

#3400 1 year ago
    Quoted from Tilt:

they are not, wont be till the end of the month

Do we know what they are doing until then?

#3432 1 year ago
    Quoted from qbass187:

Just got the word today. My invoice is up for my GZ premium!

That you put in for in JAN? I’m did mine in DEC through CT, so I wonder what’s up.

#3435 1 year ago
    Quoted from qbass187:

For what it’s worth this order isn’t from CT. I got on 2 separate list. When I talked to Melissa recently she said my order (placed on 1/02/2022) wouldn’t be up until late this year.

Ah, ok. If it was through CT, that would be an issue, but with somebody else it really isn’t since each distro will have different lengths of lists.

2 weeks later
    #3574 1 year ago
    Quoted from wackenhut:

Have Godzilla Premium's been finished until next year?

Looking at the last schedule I’d be tempted to say yes. Between the cornerstone and the last calls they are going to be very booked for the rest of the year. I’d be pleasantly surprised if they fit in a small GZ run and I got the call, but won’t be too shocked it that didn’t happen til next year.

2 weeks later
    #3687 1 year ago
    Quoted from RikeIsland:

What’s the likelihood of another Godzilla Premium run this year?
    Any news on if EHOH is still being run this November?

With all the last call games and James Bond just announced I’m not expecting GZ to get made again til December if not til 23.

2 weeks later
    #3862 1 year ago
    Quoted from JP76:

I just got this today also. I already got a game so I let them know they can cancel my order and give it to someone who is waiting.

As a 12/7, thanks.

2 weeks later
    #4034 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinStalker:

Except no one waited for 2023 to hike the prices...... they've already been the new 2023 price for a month or two.

Only Bond should be. In January, all games go to Bond prices.

#4037 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinStalker:

If you check the distro websites, almost all the prices are Bond prices now, and they have been for at least a month (depending on the distro).
    What is not clear is: Did Stern already hike? Or did the distros hike early to get that spread as additional profit for the next couple months?
    The average premium prices and spread I'm seeing (averaging across :FNO, CT, GEX, Fun, LSG)
    Bond: $9700
    GZ: $9700
    AIQ: $9500
    JP: $9500
    DP: $9500
    EHOH: $10K+ (TBD)
    Rush: $9k - $9500
    Mando: $9k - $9500
    SW: $8700 - $9500
    So except the oldest and least desirable, which you potentially can find on the lower end of the price scale at only a couple vendors, all the averages are $9500-$9700 which is 2023 pricing. There are still 5000 machines to be built in 2022 (although many will be Bond). That's a lot of machines which should still be 2022 pricing unless Stern was the one to already hike.

That’s unfortunate, but I could see a situation where all of their 2022 orders are spoken for so all games bought now would be the higher price anyway. Either they do it now and only we notice, or they wait til Jan 1 and then they have to explain the price increase to everyone that “ordered” in 2022.

1 month later
    #4313 1 year ago
    Quoted from Skeets:

I'm still on the Cointaker list from mid-December '21. Looks like some people received their GZ's from Cointaker that ordered from November...so I would think I am close to getting mine, but I dont think another GZ run is happening until next year.

Same. I was hearing there was maybe going to be another run this year but we will see. In a Dec 7th order from CT. I was poking around yesterday and one distro had a note of Dec 6th for an estimated next run. No idea if that is true or not, but I’m hopeful until the last week of December, and then I expect to pay 700 more for being patient. Yay.

1 week later
    #4378 1 year ago
    Quoted from VisitorQ:

The game has gain tremendous popularity because of the new seasons of the show and I am sure it will once again when the final season is announced. Overall I was glad to get rid of mine, I don't find it to be as good as most people claim but I think a lot of people like to jump on the bandwagon when it comes to stuff like this.

I would really like it if Stranger Things got a whole new game when season 5 is done. Keep the layout, I don’t care, but get all 5 seasons in there and make the feel of the game more about the kids and their challenges and friendships and less about being dark and brooding with a splash of a girl with powers. Enjoy playing the game, total miss on the vibe.

1 week later
    #4540 1 year ago

GZ before 2023, GZ before 2023! Say it with me, GZ before 2023.

Please.

4 weeks later
    #4738 1 year ago
    Quoted from Billygrippo:

Anyone want to “chime in” on that one???

That’s the rule for distributors. If you what to know “why”, ask Gary.

#4749 1 year ago
    Quoted from Billygrippo:

For all I care, you and Gary can indulge each other! Now…..anyone with common sense want to take a crack at it???

Quoted from Billygrippo:

Well, then it sounds like when they were looking for the “ceiling”……distributors were in the same boat as the consumer then, unfortunately. Weird ethics, but I guess if they can make the extra profit, go for it.

Nice entitled response you got yourself there. You are asking a bunch of people THE reason Stern does something when none of us work for them. It’s been their pricing policy for several years. They could allow dealers to sell at the legacy price when they received those specific boxes of games, but then you open up the potential for that to be abused. If you say any games you sell have to be the new price as of JAN 1, then there is no confusion.

#4754 1 year ago
    Quoted from Capn12:

Why do that, when they can just push off any existing sold games, until another price increase happens? It is the Stern current day way...use parts that should be for back orders, to build 'limited' versions of games, etc.

I am 56 weeks since I ordered my GZ premium. I was originally estimated as getting it last August, which didn’t happen. I talked to CT in early December and asked what the odds of a late 2022 run and they said it wasn’t looking very likely. That was a $700 conversation. It’s not something I blame CT for, just the way it is.

I could have probably got one earlier from a different distro, but I was waiting on another game as well, which was supposed to be early 2023 and instead was November 2022.

In the end I was ok with the games coming at opposite times from when the other was estimated. Biggest bummer is the increase on GZ when the calendar rolled over.

Once I get my GZ I will wish you all the best and unsubscribe from this thread. I don’t think I will be a Stern buyer for a while as there are several games on my wishlist and even with inflated prices of those as well, I can get 2-3 for the price of a stern pro.

#4756 1 year ago
    Quoted from Capn12:

I feel the same. I've sort of sworn off Stern games for the near future. I had an EHoH AND a GZ Prem on order, but EHoH went from 8600 to 10500 while I 'waited' (all the while, the 40th anny version of EHoH had no problems being released). And GZ, well....I just got tired of the long wait and price increase as well.
    Stern won't miss my business, and that's ok. But for me, it is the principle of how things are with them and price changes.

I don’t think they will miss me either. If they keep up the pace they are making games, there will be a very large pool of games in the used market, so even if something I want comes out there will be plenty available when the time comes.

#4769 1 year ago
    Quoted from Billygrippo:

Sure would be nice if customers had a choice. Makes the apron look like shit
    Anyone know if original “premium” aprons are available anywhere??

I added IC to my Iron Maiden (pro) on location and the apron is just sitting on a shelf waiting to go into my homebrew. I’m sure there is a premium owner out there for whatever pre-IC title you are thinking of with a legacy apron that would sell it to get it out of their way. Not everyone enjoys the “collecting junk on a shelf” hobby like I seem to.

#4773 1 year ago
    Quoted from Billygrippo:

Where’s your location at? I was just in AZ visiting family. Played some games while I was there.

I’ve got a 10-pin spot on the west side of Tucson at Grant and I-10, and then a 4-pin spot on the east side on Houghton, just north of I-10. Tucson metro area is trying, but a slow grower so far. Phoenix metro area has grown like crazy in the last few years, but with 5X-ish the population I would expect it. Just hope to keep growing down here too.

#4776 1 year ago
    Quoted from Billygrippo:

I’ll be back end of march. I’ll have to stop by and drop some coin!
    I thought about putting a few machines on route here in Hawaii, but not sure if they would do well? Also have never routed before. Do bar owners ask you to insure your machines, or anything like that.

I wasn’t asked to insure my machines, but I did anyway. Lots of appealing reasons to hobby operate, as long as making a lot of money isn’t one of the things you hope to see. Out of space, create a local public place to play/compete, find local pinheads, offset cost of games, and more. Happy to chat about my experience if you want to PM me.

2 weeks later
    #4805 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mundy53:

I’m hoping to finally get my Project Pinball Godzilla on the next run.

Dang, I’ve been waiting something like 58 weeks to give them $9,000, now $9,700 (yay!) thanks to how long it’s been since I put in my order. I can imagine waiting what’s probably felt like forever to get a game I won.

#4858 1 year ago
    Quoted from mbl1116:

People are sleeping on the Venom theme.
    Maximum Carnage![quoted image]

Yeah, if there is a Venom, I hope it has a ton of Carnage.

#4882 1 year ago
    Quoted from Ozzy:

Well , whatever it is, Lets hope that for the new price increase, the game has some code on i,. Unlike this last shitshow. And yes , I bought one and have it for sale at a loss because Ive learned my lesson. No longer will I support a company that treats their loyal supporters in such a manner. Charge more, offer less and make them wait. Thanks but no thanks . Is code a supply chain issue?? Who knows maybe thats a thing now.

It seems like the IP owner for James Bond is a major PITA to work with. They have to approve all code updates that have IP assets and it’s taking forever. Hope these turn out okay because I highly doubt they will work with this IP ever again.

#4890 1 year ago

Just realized, it’s February!!! May the epic GZ production commence!

#4949 1 year ago
    Quoted from Allibaster:

Real?!
    [quoted image]

He was on the Marco Twitch stream this week but I wasn’t able to watch it. That’s the only place I would imagine him discussing that, if at all.

#5070 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinStalker:

Relax, it's as good as yours!!!
    Slap down that buck and call it a day!!
    I wish every game could be had for a dollar. SOOOOO much better than the $500-$1000 everyone else wants just to secure a place in line.
    Wonder how many spots were bought for a dollar, and where they are on their list. Good to know they are still in 2021 orders.... but where? Oct? Nov?
    Two big GZ runs this year, maybe they'll get to the early 2022 orders before the year is out. Maybe Stern will send them more allocation. Surely Stern asks them how many orders they have and do some adjustment? If Brand-X has 100 GZ orders and CT has 1500 GZ orders then Stern throws them a couple extra each time the merry-go-round spins. Right?

There were 2 buyers from CT that said they got theirs when the last run happened last year. They were mid/late November orders. I’m a first week December 2021 order, so pretty hopeful.

#5084 1 year ago
    Quoted from SonOfaDiddly:

i wouldn't put too much stock in factory fridays, the last two posted were the same

This one is showing GZ, but I did not investigate at the clothing level.

1 week later
    #5282 1 year ago

Nobody got a call about their GZ today I guess, or Indy IV wouldn't be the topic de jour.

#5307 1 year ago
    Quoted from damadczar:

Where did he do this? Insta? FB? Prison grapevine?

He was on the deadflip stream last night for 007 60th, so I’m guessing it was there.

#5359 1 year ago

Anyone getting their game a CT customer? If so what was your order date?

#5362 1 year ago

I thought this was supposed to be the mother of all GZ runs, but ended up being a week. Hopefully they revisit it next week since I don’t think a single week was what they intended.

#5364 1 year ago
    Quoted from BaumeisterB:

Seems like Stern was able to squeeze in some unexpected GZ builds late last year, hopefully there's an opportunity in March.

Seems like that’s my hope at this point. I feel a little selfish, but I think I’m really close to the top of the list at this point so now every day is a “maybe today” sort of day.

#5391 1 year ago

FF looks pretty awesome. I don’t expect much time to fill back orders for other titles once that goes on the line. Congrats to Jack Danger and team, condolences to anyone waiting for anything else.

#5393 1 year ago
    Quoted from Markharris2000:

Perhaps I am too naive/opptimistic, but today I spoke with the dealer on the phone and she assured me that there 'are still a few GZ's to be shipped' but also agreed that if I don't get a unit allocated this week, we can make other arrangements or refund the funds, etc.
    (Shame on me for being so "opptimistic"?)
    Stay tuned...

I’ll take that over waiting for the next run. Fingers crossed for both of us.

#5440 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinStalker:

It'll be like EHOH: gets a week and that's it.

That’s up to 500 games. It might satisfy everyone waiting or it might not, I have no idea. But 500 new EHOH going out is quite a good number.

#5539 1 year ago

Start a new thread already. This thread is for people to see what titles stern is making besides the one they are waiting for.

#5568 1 year ago

Guess that was it. The “mother of all GZ” runs ends up being a week and a half, the half being the EHOH/GZ shared week. Yay.

3 weeks later
    #5791 1 year ago
    Quoted from thekiyote:

Do you know when they stopped? We tried to go a week and a half ago, only to be told that they weren't doing it now.

When covid picked up. Expo 2021 was supposed to be on site, and then they changed it to virtual.

#5793 1 year ago
    Quoted from thekiyote:

I kinda figured. It seemed like one of those nice-to-do things that probably go dropped when covid hit that never started up again.

I hope they do offer tours again. I’m a mechanical designer and seeing how stuff is made is really interesting to me. If I could tour the various factories in Chicago (and maybe a trip to Benton) that would be a pretty cool experience.

1 month later
    #6112 11 months ago
    Quoted from tgarrett09:

Good luck with that! I was on that $1 list for about a year without any indication of when I’d get a game. Meanwhile I have a Godzilla sitting in my basement right now from the February run that I ordered from another dealer in February. Cointaker also never replies to my emails which is pretty annoying nowadays.

Same. I was told August of 2022 when I ordered in December of 21. August came and went, Feb run came and went and I waited a few weeks just in case and then reached out to a dealer that had a listing here saying a few were en route. I got one of 4 they got in that run and have had it for a few months now. Got to play it at home for several weeks and took it to my location 2 weeks ago where it is getting played quite a bit for Tucson.

I still have my spot with CT and I certainly put no blame with them, it’s not like they are making the games. They request as many games as they can get and likely get fewer, just like everyone has recently. I will probably reach out soon and cancel and then everyone behind me on the list will move up a spot.

1 month later
    #6843 9 months ago
    Quoted from stompeN:

I got my IMDN premium coming on Monday from cointaker. I got an email today saying my GZ premium preorder that was for next year is also ready. I’m beyond excited …. but my wife and wallet are not.

Looks like I’m not getting a call for my Dec 2021 GZ premium order. Oh well, I got one a few months ago and will probably go to less busy distros from now on.

#6845 9 months ago
    Quoted from Gubbin:

Did you for sure get the word it's not happening ? I didn't get the call for my pro over a week after the factory Friday video. Hoping it works out for you!

If a buyer that was expecting to get theirs in 2024 is getting theirs now, I would have guessed I should have had my invoice prior to that. I didn’t cancel my order, and it seems I don’t even have to.

#6849 9 months ago
    Quoted from Sorokyl:

It has been less than YEARS since dec 21. Were you given a date as to when it would be available? If they didn't meet that they should have had no problem refunding and you could have had one by now from somewhere else. If you weren't given a date and gave em your money anyway, kind of on you!

I called before ordering (December 2021) and was told August 2022. Then nothing from the Feb (I think that was the previous run) 2023 run. And now nothing from this run. Anyone with a CT order might want to reach out to them and confirm you are still on the list.

In my job my task requests come in via email, and I don’t like it. We used to have a web based system where a requestor could fill out a form in the site and it would get logged into a queue system. We got rid of that for some terrible reason and I’m trying to set something up like what we used to have. I only get emailed a few task requests a day, and that’s on pace with how long they take to do. My biggest concern is missing a request or worse, forgetting one before logging it into my makeshift tracker. Long story short, any of these large distros that are trying to manage their various lists in email alone are probably working way harder than they need to and have a big risk of a miss, which might cost them current and future sales. This isn’t meant to be critical, just how I see things playing out in my mind, but having (apparently) been missed in the list, and having that happen and not fixed before 2023 added $700 to my purchase price and that was not fun to account for.

2 months later
    #7369 7 months ago
    Quoted from Sorokyl:

meanwhile Cointaker just informed me that my $1 GZ prem reservation is finally ready for the upcoming run! I got one 15 months ago but good looking out Cointaker. Don't spend the $1 all in one place.

I got my CT email as well. 2 years later I have my closure. I’ve only had my GZ for 5-6 months at this point, but at least the story has ended. I don’t recognize the name, but it seems like CT has somebody helping handle orders. With the volume they do, their previous efforts weren’t enough. Not that they weren’t trying hard enough, just that they needed more help to manage the volume.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider desertt1.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-is-on-the-line-at-stern-pinball-delays?tu=desertt1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.